Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Going Fishing? [Lunar Event Topic]

Leaf Historian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
unknown.png

One of the newest districts in Leaf would also host one of the most exciting events, it seems that the Maple town would see the boost in activities during this time of the festival. The housing district streets twist and turn in a pattern that some would even say is untraceable, but alas they will all find themselves coming around to a fountain in a circular like paved centre. This is where the crowds where heading to the noise and the commotion that was coming from this place. Of course, the good nature of the festival was all in the air it was more intoxicating.

At the circular part of this housing area is the fountain, but beside it is a stand that is light up by colourful lanterns, it seemed that the roads had trails of lanterns leading the crowds, visitors and everyone to this stall and the fountain. The Stall itself had statues of the goldfish, only small ones but something to have as a souvenir for anyone that wants one. It is also full of trinkets of many kinds, from blankets, bowls to little chains with goldfish on to symbolise the event for those that want a lasting token for memory sake.

On the corner of one of the paths is a longer stall, this one has the smell of maple syrup, the fresh foods that where being backed showed the true wonders of what could be offered with a little bit of maple syrup, normally only saved the Autumn festivals, this had been brought out specially to treat the guests across the land to what Konoha would be offering. This stand had a large crowd like most of the places, people talking and eating echoed around the streets of the Maple town. The grills never shut, and the fires never stopped but the cheer that was in the air was something that could be considered addictive.

The cheers echoed around the fountain as people tried there best to capture one of the goldfishes that now filled the fountain Though it seemed that even with the trickling sound of water it was not putting anyone off, for the fun and excitement of trying to catch a goldfish in this place was clear. For the net was made of paper, and when it became overly wet the paper net would rip and be unable to catch fish any more. This was known to all of them, but the game required luck and skill to try and catch a goldfish with only water. The real question that had to be asked here would be how many people would be successful in catching one during the Festival.

[OOC:]
For all those that want to try and catch a goldfish the rules are simple:

- You must state at the bottom of your post that you are doing the following [Attempting to Catch Fish]
- Your post must hit the rule requirements for any posts
- Have fun and enjoy yourselves

Once this has been done, one of the Leaf village council members will notify you of your result, but most importantly remember to have fun and enjoy yourself for the Lunar Festival.

Signed:

Leaf Council

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Confusion. That was the feeling that I had as I managed to wander down Maple Town and was in front of a fountain that had people trying to capture fish that were living in this body of water. It was a rather peculiar task if I ever saw one, but it was a task that couldn't be as difficult as fighting in the World Martial Arts Tournament had been. Yes, that tournament had been quite difficult and I had lasting memories of every round, but it had been certainly fun and interesting to say the least especially representing my country and my clan in the finals against a shinobi of the Hidden Cloud.

Nevertheless, it would take some people talking to me before I attempted to try to catch a fish in the fountain. In all honesty, I did not even recall if I did catch one or if they got away from me since I had been busy with other matters and this was a minor break from what I was truly after. In all honesty, I had ventured to this country accidentally in some way, but I could not recall how I did; the only thing that I did remember was being in my original home country of Earth and collapsing while visiting my parents' graves near the Abandoned Mineshaft. Everything after that had been hazy and I had been left in a confused state of mind since then.

But, I had to continue to press on with my day regardless of the outcome of this little catching game and that is exactly what I did.

OOC:
  • Attempting to Catch Fish
  • Topic Entered and Left in 1 Hour
  • MFT: 268

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Huh. One of the lines of lanterns did lead the Hyuuga lad to this place that he was thinking about once he immediately entered the village. This was due to the Leaf Lunar Festival, after all - he would have to try so many festivities whilst in his stay. And instead of choosing himself, the roads did him a solid and led the way to one of the first amusements - a goldfish event! This was a challenge, because if he remembered correctly, then this contest required fast hands. He was supposedly… well, he couldn’t see it all from here, the line was a little long and his eyes were focusing more on the golden fish statues that he just had to bring back home. He felt his inner child return again… or well, the supposedly childish child that he should’ve been.

Oddly enough, thinking about it, he didn’t know anything about goldfish. At least… well… to word it differently, no specific or interesting fact about goldfish was in his memory, since he had never read or written about them before. To think that they became the symbol of such a fun event was outstanding, to say the least.

Either way, he too would test his luck. A soft and quick hand would easily maneuver the paper net and catch a goldfish, right? That was what he thought at first given his affinities with the Gentle Fist - speaking of that, the Hyuugas did originate from the Fire Country? From this village? He should pay them a visit. It would be pleasant to get to know distant clansmen from other villages.

But first, he would swipe his net down the water and try and catch a goldfish that was swimming his way.

[Attempting to Catch Fish]
WC: 292

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Despite all his calculations, the world looked down at him and said ‘not today’. Either that, or Hon was just impressively bad at math today… or was it even all about that? Wasn’t the point of these games that pure luck pushed you through? Really? He tried to strategize against unfathomable luck?

Eyeing the broken paper net in a tad awe mixed with a slight sadness dwelling in his stomach, the Hyuuga had to make way for the next volunteers. His chance had passed, and his Gentle Fist proved not nearly as efficient in the art of fishing than he assumed. Was he, perhaps, way too rough with the paper net? Did he underestimate its fragility? It broke so quickly, and he eyed the drops falling off the wet paper just before it broke down.

Despite no goldfish caught by his nimble hands, Hon did manage to buy himself a Goldfish Statue of a small size for souvenir. This would be a memorable token to take back to Kumo and put up in his bedroom, eyeing it at night and remembering his merry activities in Leaf.

[Topic Left]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei knew the event was coming. She had seen posters and the vendors setting up around town but walking out her clan house into Maple Town proper and seeing a veritable see of people was still a bit of a shock to the system. Maki had refused to come out with her today, and that was okay for now, but she would eventually drag him out of his little hole to come celebrate joy in the midst of the worry. Hoshirei knew how important it was for everyone to have a bit of relief after being downtrodden with the tension of Frost's approach.

As she walked the streets, she saw a number of foreign shinobi walking around. Hitae-ate of their allies brought hope back to the people who felt so isolated from the rest of the world. The laughter and smiles of the crowds infected Hoshirei quite thruoughly and when she came to the stall offering a chance to win a prize by catching a fish. The prospect of using only water to catch one intrigued her greatly as it was perhaps her best avenue of jutsu, or at least one she knew and had been working with the longest. A bright smile took over her countenance as she stepped forward to try her luck catching a fish. Her would channel water-based chakra through her hands and do her utmost to catch one of the golden fishes.

Once her result was known, she would walk away, further into the throng of bodies crowding the streets, a smile on her face either way.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dried tears could be seen streaked down her face as she made her way down the Hokage Rock, where the flying lanterns were released. She could still see hers hanging in the distant overhead. Her hawk-like vision was still able to see the three tags she posted upon a single lantern still dangling from the slowly rising lantern. The night sky was beautiful, covered in celestial light, the light from the lanterns, and the lights from the stalls in the festival. The night was crisp, the sound of music could be heard throughout the lit-up streets; the line that powered the lights dangling behind the stalls, painting the circular area around the fountain in a beautiful assortment of colors. Nozomi did what she could to try to smudge whatever foundation and make-up she had upon her cheek together, trying to hide the fact that she was crying earlier.

She noticed that, around the fountain, a large grouping of people had started to gather; mainly children and women gathered to try to catch a fish on a circular sheet of paper attached to a stick. She knew this gimmick was meant to cheat people out of their money, but she wasn't mentally in the right place right now and needed something to help alleviate her sadness. She walked passed a blonde haired woman, a boy with a red stripe going down his face, and walked up to the fountain next to a long, raven-haired woman. She watched to see how the woman attempted to catch the fish, only for the fish to fall through the thin veil of paper. Yep, this kinda thing is totally not rigged for failure. Either way, it was something to get her mind off of the floating lantern.

She smiled weakly to the raven-haired woman who failed at catching the fish. "Better luck next time, yeah?" she said, trying to express SOME form of consolation to the woman. She turned to the man running the event and held a finger up and was given one of the dinky tools to catch the fish. She looked around for a brief moment until she saw one that looked like good prey and attempted to go in for the catch!

[Attempting to Catch Fish]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fish went through the sheet of paper and she paused for a moment. She knew this was rigged and she knew she was going to waste her money. Her sadness slowly devolved into annoyance. She simply dropped the stick holding the thin sheet of paper into the water of the fountain, stood up-right, readjusted her hair and collected herself. She didn't know why she expected it to go her way. She tried to return a smile to her face. "The other game probably isn't rigged right? Hmm, let's see," she said as a vein pulsated upon her forehead.

"Take a deep breath, Kozue. It's just a stupid game," she said to herself before turning and walking away. The urge to shout out that the game was rigged was strong with her. The thin sheet of paper, which even she was unable to catch, was usually perforated so that everyone would lose. Bah! Well, she would have to try her luck elsewhere

[Topic Left]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kotori was walking around the little shop, many tines of fishes were inside a small basin. "This... looks so cool.." She muttered towards herself and started to inch in closer and closer. "Let me see..." She muttered and started to look towards the fishes inside the water. She soon got talking towards the man that was from this stand. She talked a bit, got a little of explanation on the materials they were using. "So... This is like.. Yin and yang kind of use..?" She would mutter as she looked towards the poi inside her hand. "Hmmm... Alright then... Let's try this." She got towards her knees near the water and tried out with a poi first in the air. "Gentle... and subtle..." Something that her line of work was good at. "Alright... I did a practice round, let's go!" She would cheer herself on and slowly let the poi inside the water. Were she to be lucky??

Wc: 158
[ooc]
- [Entering topic] and [Leaving topic]
- [Attempting to Catch Fish]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back