Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Going home [Contract Search]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Now I remember who you were. The man who came to our door that day in a business suit," my realization hit me, but I let it roll right off of me as I stood back up, defiant as ever. The only thing I noticed at that moment was more cool rage washed over me as I stared at the necromancer. Today had been one never-ending pissing contest after another and it was seriously not giving me a chance to calm myself down, even in the slightest. It was only when I was about to go head first, haphazardly, once more, that Suika came to my side and did 'something' to my spear. I don't know how to explain it, but the metal seemed to grow a lot lighter in my hands along with raising a few degrees Celsius if I wasn't mistaken. It caused a neat invigorating feeling to well up within me and when I saw the coloration of the metal lighten back to its original metallic grey, I knew I had just received the power up I had been looking for when I originally merged that damned armed to my blade. I nodded my head at Suika's words as I focused back on the pile of poop in front of us.

"And don't talk about my mother like she was a saint. Her mind was long gone by the time I killed her in that fire. Even if what you said was true, what does it matter? She ignored me for my entire life, why should I start caring about her intentions after death?" I spat out a glob of blood, my teeth slightly reddening as I gave him my best Cheshire grin I could muster. I was getting tired of being told off about my parents like they mattered. I already got my rage at Akio over with when I pulverized him into the floor. I had no interest in talking about my 'mother' and I never gave a shit about my ancestors or their machinations, to begin with. They, the whole lot of them, could burn in hell for all I cared. All of it was a bullshit powerplay, anyway... Man, I really was feeling fatigued from my exertions today, now that I thought about it. Enough so, that I could barely keep my wits about me.

"Now, you die. I'm tired of looking at you and your voice is beyond fucking grating," I spoke, emphasizing the last three words as I once again recast my [Omni-Flash]. I was done with him countering us and I could only hope this was going to be the end of this fool. I mean really, who talks so menacingly to two kids? Dude needed to die for being a loser if nothing else.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suika's sacrifice freed the metal of icy corruption and allowed Eishi to stand once more. The angry med nin unleashed his attack once more but still could not hit his target only managing to strike an ice mirror image instead of the dark sage whom had claimed half his soul. Eishi had inadvertently sealed both the spirit of his spear and the spirit guardian of the temple away.
(OOC: Sorry this is too funny for me but these words will make sense for any star wars fan)

"Fool, you can't defeat me so easily. I own half of your original soul. IN YOUR ANGER YOU SEALED AWAY THE ONLY SPIRIT ALLIES YOU HAD. YOU DENIED THEIR NAMES. YOU DENIED THEIR POWER AND YOU DENIED THEIR EXISTENCE. IN YOUR ANGER YOU KILLED HER... Your own mother, your own father. ALL THAT POWER WITHIN YOU AND ALL YOU KNOW IS RAGE. IF YOU HAD COME WITH ME LONG AGO YOU WOULD KNOW HOW TO CONTROL YOUR RAGE. YOU WOULD KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR POWER. YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW THE POWER OF IMMORTALITY. INSTEAD YOU PRETEND TO BE A HEALER AND RUN AROUND ANGRY AT THE WORLD. YOUR FEMININE ALLY HAS GIVEN YOU EVERYTHING SHE HAS. IF I HAD TO GAUGE POWER AND POTENTIAL SHE COULD HAVE DEFEATED ME LONG AGO BUT NOW SHE IS AN EMPTY BATTERY. SHE HAS SERVED HER PURPOSE. SHE HAS MADE YOU A STRONGER ALLY FOR ME. NOW CEASE YOUR USELESS FIGHTING AND JOIN ME. TAKE MY HAND AND KNOW TRUE POWER. I GIVE MY WORD NO HARM WILL COME TO YOUR ALLY. SHE HAS DONE ME A FAVOR AND I CAN SEE THAT SHE WILL ONLY GROW STRONGER. I TREASURE POWER AND POTENTIAL AND SHE HAS THESE THINGS IN DROVES."<i></i>

The Dark Sage offered his tutelage to both med nin in exchange for access to their power. He might be evil but he was an honest evil and he only wanted power to save those he cared about.

Suika would find that although Eishi had forged their bond to the reborn apartment complex turned Tsukumogami Temple.
Eishi would notice both the tsukumogami spirit and his spear's soul were silent and unpowered.

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You're a god damn necrophiliac, you don't get to judge me. Now just fucking die," I screamed at the necromancer. I was so tired of being pushed into a corner and doing all this shit I didn't want to do. I don't do what people want just because they demand it of me and I sure as hell wasn't going to be listening to someone who was showing a peace offering after trying to merc me so many times already.

"I know what I am, I know it better than anyone else. I'm a one-armed, mean-spirited, sociopathic asshole with not enough meat and too much gristle," I spoke loud and clear as I kept going after him, no hesitation in my steps as I kept on my onslaught,

"But the one thing that everyone seems to mistake about me is my stubbornness. I won't side with you, not because it isn't appealing, but because I just don't like you and I'm going to kill you anyway," I kept on my continuous strikes and slashes as I noticed my spear begin to dim. I just cursed at it as I did the necromancer. My rage just building on itself over and over again. I didn't care anymore.

"I don't need you, and I don't need this fucking spirit. She should be bending her back to help me instead of pitying herself because I don't like her name. If she can't learn to take my words in stride, she doesn't deserve to have a life, to begin with," I spat venomously once more as I just kept going. I wasn't going to stop, there was no second-guessing for me. I knew why this was all happening, that became clear as soon as I had gotten up here. It was because I turned my back on heritage and the temple, but to me, that didn't matter. I was going to do things my way or I was going to die trying.

OOC Dude, come on now. I've made it clear that I didn't want to name my spear for a reason.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the battle unfolded and both Suika and Chawan gave their all to cleanse Tenbatsu’s metal, it appeared as if Eishi’s attacks had no effect once more. In fact, the Dark Sage continued to spew his venomous banter as her one-armed comrade continued to rage. Somehow, his bitterness and pride were fueling the sage and reversing the purification process. She wasn’t one to interject where it didn’t concern her, but it definitely felt needed at this moment. Shaking her head as she panted from sheer exhaustion, she called out to her friend.

“Damn it, Eishi…”
she muttered through her clench teeth, “swallow your pride for one second – we’re going to get killed. Team up with whatever spirits reside in your spear and end this bastard!” Suika’s speech grew more fiery, but at this point she was not only tired, but her survival instincts kicked up to an extreme. With that, however, was a second wind of sorts. Closing her eyes in quiet meditation, she channeled her synergistic, spiritual connection with Chawan.

“I know you don’t talk much, buddy, and we’ve given it our all… but let’s go beyond that. Together, let’s finish this.” With a spiritual aura that blazed visibly around her body, the young Mystic and her Tsuku companion both stood up together. With her blade glowing furiously, she challenged the evil man before her. “You’re wrong about Eishi, fool. He’s stronger than you’ll ever be. Such a weak spirit like yourself will never be able to corrupt him, despite his rage.” Even more spiritual aura burst from her. Her voice was almost two-toned, as if Chawan was speaking in unison with her. “And you’re wrong about me. I’m not just some battery – my name is Suika and this is Chawan. Blight, you are done for. May your soul never find rest.”

And the girl executed another Higuma. With all her might, she strived to work in unison with her friend Eishi to finally finish off the Dark Sage and restore these grounds.

[OOC: I believe in us - we can do it!]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ooc: OUCH SUIKA just OUCH... but to make sure I have given as many written clues as possible I will point out some key things in case either of you want to edit your rp's.
1)There is a tsukumogami scalpel with a benevolent medic soul within it on the ground floor. Kind of a gift for either of you to pass on once you complete your tasks or an item to awaken later because Eishi is a med nin and Suika has done alot of inadvertent healing.
2) Just putting it out there that Eishi does not have to change his RP, he has of his own rp actions pushed his spirit allies away and chosen to fight on rage alone against a Haku BL Dark Sage, As such Eishi telegraphs every attack and although the Dark Sage has to focus all his efforts on dodging Eishi he can't dodge forever but Eishi cannot attack forever either.
3) Suika's attacks are about to do alot of damage after the checks I just made so Eishi may not even get a chance to finish this Dark Sage off. Neither of you have bothered to ask why the Dark Sage wanted Eishi or what he was truly after but I am certain Eishi doesn't care. His offer to teach and train was legit and despite his dark ways he has actual good intentions and reasons neither of you may care to know but again that is RP for you.
4) Eishi has created a Tsukumogami temple from the ashes of his old apartment building and through Suika's assistance has purified the land and freed all the souls he caused to be lost in his rage.
5) Right now no one person is in control of said temple but the person who has ended up with the strongest bond to it is Suika. Fortunately she is a nice girl so her influence on the Tsukumogami that may come to reside within it should be a bonus.
6) Eishi has been the architect of a small scale disaster and redeemed some of his childhood decisions
7) Tenbatsu is by RP a piece of Eishi's original soul that was lost partially in his lost arm and during his first Summons attempt. Feel free to rename any of the spirits as you see fit. Nothing is set in stone.
8) Even Vegeta knew when to act on premise and logic and not just pride and rage.
9) You will both need to go back through your posts and edit them with your wordcount. I am no longer an admin so I cannot do it for you. You will both find that you have adequate wordcounts to complete your quests. Now all that awaits you is a finish to your rp and judgment of said RP by the contract team. I am sending your current settings up for review after this post.

Focused on Eishi the dark sage did what he could to convince them to join him since he found he was not strong enough to simply defeat them. It was a sobering moment for the Black Ice Sage. Never did he believe his dark power could be foiled by children but then again the children skilled in ninpo were always surprising. As he tried to get Eishi to follow his rage into his defeat. Suika got angry too, at both Eishi and the Sage and in doing so she inadvertently drew upon Chawan AND THE TEMPLE's POWER. With a massive reservoir of spiritual energy invigorating her she wielded her Chawan infused spirit blade and shattered all of the Sages mirrors striking him four times in the process even as he dodged the brunt of the assault Suika's wrath was too much for him. With his ice mirror shield shattered the Sage was flung out of the chamber back down to the first floor where he had tried to drag Suika away in an attempt to weaken Eishi. Shimmering blue blood flowed from deep wounds as the Black Ice Sage clung to what little undead life he had left. Maybe he could find the strength to escape. He had no allies left to summon and Eishi had already dismantled the revenant shroud that housed his father's tormented soul. There was still energy to draw upon however so with a last ditch effort the Sage pulled upon the remnants of the dead around the area. The spirits of rats, birds, and dogs managed to give him back enough energy to stand. He could not face them on equal footing before, maybe one at a time he stood a chance but the two of them were too much. The sage began to retreat leaving a trail of icy glowing blood. The two nin could easily chase him down or they could let him go and finish their quest. The Sage had done what he could and interfered to steal power away from them for himself. Would Eishi and Suika let him go or would Eishi hunt him down now?

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suika and Chawan, empowered by their bond together and, surprising to her, the temple itself, the girl’s spiritual aura and chakra became visible as it leaked continuously. Thanks to this synchronization, she felt the power necessary to take on this Dark Sage head on. Crashing from mirror through mirror, the girl was able to finally land a devastating blow on the vile man. Like a bright sun meeting winter, the Chuunin combated against the ice as the man’s defeat now appeared imminent. After a few slashes, he was almost out for the count. The Dark Sage started to limp away and out of the temple. A question was now risen: should they go after them? Clearly, such a menacing man, regardless of his intention, should not be allowed to go free. What if he one day tried to return to this place or to another and claim it as his own sanctuary? Then again, the man was mostly defeated and out for the count. This was a great opportunity to claim this old apartment building as a stomping ground for the Tsukumogami and complete the purification process.

“Eishi, shall we finish him?” If it was Eishi’s desire, she’d accompany him to defeat the man once and for all. If not, or if they were able to accomplish this, she would focus on the main quest at hand: finally purifying this old structure. Channeling the power of herself, Chawan, and the newly forming temple itself, Suika closed her eyes and called out to the spirits. “Let our spirits merge. Claim what is now yours.” she uttered with certainty. If successful, hopefully her bonded spirit and Eishi’s would finally put the nail in the coffin for this task they worked so hard to successfully complete. What would happen as a result of their diligent actions?

Suika didn’t really have an expectation. Hopefully, Eishi was able to get out of this what he had intended. She did, however, now have a strong need and want to have Chawan by her side. Since the passing of her cat, Blackberry, she avoided any small animal companions. Chawan was different. This wasn’t because he was, indeed, a spirited animal figurine, but because she felt truly connected to him. He was silent, but his spirit’s merge with her spoke louder than words. Only the next events that unfolded would tell what would be of their fate.

[OOC: I think I did this right, but I entered each of my posts in a word counter and got a total of 6.8kish TWC. Also, I think Suika is ICly passing on the scalpel since she feels super connected with Chawan ^^]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Was I fool? Probably. I already knew my stubbornness would kill me someday and that fact doesn't even bother me. I was just treating my life like the ticking time bomb that it was. I had never been to jail because I refused to go and I was too valuable to place in for minor crimes like assault and theft. Those that did try to apprehend me generally got told off, beat up or ran from without exception. Maybe I'd be in trouble if word got around about my extorting, but I mostly preyed on slums and outer districts, so no one gave a shit or wasn't strong enough stop me, anyway. Beyond that, I was actually really good at my job as both a mednin and a shinobi, so I may as well have been untouchable. The only real point of contention at this point in my life was to dodge those that were stronger than I was and continue on. But I knew, someday, I'd get in over my head, piss someone off that I shouldn't have, or be betrayed because I was vulnerability to those I deemed friend. It was only a matter of time.

As for my family, who cares? I knew their game, or at least I had enough of an idea to know I didn't want to be a part of it. I'd rather shun my own inheritance than fall victim to a couple dead fool's machinations. My mother could go fuck her regrets and blessings into the afterlife, I wasn't going to forgive her and I didn't want them, regardless. I was strong enough without them and in the end, I got my Tsukumogami and Kensei hybrid like I wanted, so why wasn't I happy with the results? Suika's words caught my attention as they reverberated in my head and through my rage and bullshit. I trusted her voice among the dead. At least, I don't think she'll be someone who betrays me, but who knows? Suika knew of my exploitations and bad personality, yet hadn't said a word yet and we still had remained friends. But there's always the chance I'll get put into the position of either going to jail, being killed or becoming an outlaw and I already knew which choice I'd make. In that case, I'd likely be putting us at odds. Bah, I don't want to think about it! I shook my head of these invading thoughts.

"Just come on out Akane," I breathed out, wincing as I waited for her form to appear. I just glowered at her quietly for a moment until I meet her eyes and slapped her across the face, hard.

"I don't need a weapon who doesn't answer my call. I will treat you well, but you will respect my will or I will beat you into submission," I didn't really want to beat what was essentially the majority of my soul into submission, but I needed to lay down I was the master and she was the servant. Because I had to create her Tsukumogami form on my own and in a rush, I didn't have the luxury of writing up a good binding. Instead of getting a subservient tool and master relationship with my fourth of a soul, I was the actual bitch in the relationship. There was no way in depths of hell I was ever going to let her find that out, so I needed to assert dominance from the get-go and never let up. I'm also not going to lie, I felt a shadow of that hit across the Kensei link and I regretted my decision immediately.

"Suika, you can have the house and dog in the settlement, but I get the money," I said with the straightest face possible before heading after my prey. When I caught his chakra, I didn't waste any words of the sap. He was reeling ever since he offered peace and I knew it was only a matter of endurance to end this. Then again, I had a charged up spear and a height advantage that I didn't want to lose by talking to him. Regardless, I dived bombed right into him once again activating an [Omni-flash]. This time I empowered a single [Annihilation] with another [Gigavolt Railgun]. I was so over this guy, he was just preening himself for death at this point as I went for the top of his skull.

OOC I had fun, definitely went in a direction I wasn't expecting. WC : 7228

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: LOL i just went with what info you both gave me but since you are playing this through to the end allow me to retort...
and I do apologize for whatever I am writing at this moment because I must keep up with the Tsukumogami's character till you find yourself capable of writing up exactly what you want for your tsukumogami. Currently by the rules your Kensei weapon can be anything you want but I must point out that if you make it your summons then you will have to summon it to use said weapon. If you keep them separate and only combine them after you summon your spirit item then that is a different story and well within NC rules. As a former admin and one whom frequently scanned these rules I can point out that if you simply want to be able to call upon your tsukumogami through your weapon you are more than capable of doing so but a summons always costs chakra. You can always edit your previous post but combining the metal of objects does not bind the souls of objects together. They know of oneanother but you have never properly called upon either spirit or ritually found common ground. You can do that in your own posts however. YOU HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO HAVE A TSUKUMOGAMI. YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN AND ITS FEATURES AND ABILITIES WHENEVER YOU LIKE. RIGHT NOW I AM SIMPLY PLAYING OUT THE SPIRIT GUARDIAN OF THE TEMPLE YOU AND SUIKA INADVERTENTLY CREATED AND HIS RESPONSE TO YOUR ACTIONS. HOW YOU WIELD AKANE IS YOUR BUSINESS. THE ONLY RULE THAT I HAVE ENFORCED IN THIS THREAD IS THAT YOU HAVE TO CALL UPON THEM OR SEND CHAKRA INTO THE WEAPON IN ORDER FOR IT TO RESPOND TO YOU. YOU HAVE NEVER CALLED UPON AKANE NOR HAVE YOU GIVEN HER CHAKRA TO ALLOW HER TO TRANSFORM SO THAT OMNIFLASH CAN BE PROPERLY USED. HOWEVER, THAT IS BETWEEN YOU AND AKANE and HOW YOU RP YOUR CONNECTION TO HER AND USAGE OF HER ABILITIES. Now I will show you how this plays out... Behold and Lose yourself in your character's personality and decisions as you should :).

Eishi reached into his spear and drew forth its soul and slapped it immediately regretting the reciprocal pain of his act. He demanded her power and she gave it willingly, not because he had slapped her or berated her but because he finally called upon her. Tenbatsu sat along as a passenger for the ride until Suika's energies empowered them both. With her strength he could now properly challenge Eishi.

Eishi wielding his and Akane's beautiful union of rage and wrath cut the fleeing dark sage's life short.
Black ice and bone were flung all over the surrounding area as his blackened soul was thrown into the pits of despair.

Eishi finally called upon Akane but he had never fully bonded with Tenbatsu. The way Eishi treated Akane reminded Tenbatsu of what kind of brat had brought about his construction and why he too was so angry. They were just alike and it was time EIshi understood that.

Suika found herself sealed safely away within the temple she had empowered and Eishi had built with his skill and fury. Her purification rituals had worked a little too well. All kinds of once lifeless items now had a mind and a soul of their own.

Suika found she could not move as she had completely drained her chakra aiding Eishi and fell into a deep rewarding sleep with Chawan by her side guarding her unceasingly as TOYS did not need to sleep.

(RULES CONTENTION DUE TO CONFLICTING PERSONALITIES that are the same as they come from the same being... WITHIN THIS MINDSCAPE EISHI WILL DO BATTLE WITH TENBATSU. This is not a true fight that would cause injury to either party or the summons item itself it is a personality conflict)

Eishi found himself amidst the spirits of people he had killed but Suika had freed. The memories of those he had robbed or assaulted with petty crimes swirled about the vast cluttered landscape. Eishi found he was whole, he had his entire body in full glorious living flesh here but Akane was far away within a metal shrine nestled next to memories of Suika the only person whom seemed to accept him as he was.

Before him stood a massive man made of steel but facially he looked exactly like Eishi and his grimace was a perfect mirror of Eishi's own.
"I told you before you and I are the same, you have all that rage but no control and you even lash out at yourself. I can agree with you on that, hate, anger, rage, wrath. Those are all powers we can agree on but YOU WILL NEVER BE MY MASTER unless you can prove yourself capable of controlling your rage.
I don't have the time or energy to properly challenge you for the right to call upon me as you created me from the metal and energies of your lost soul and your dirty past.
So, I will offer this.... if you can best me in a simple contest of strength of your choice then I will accept you as my partner.
IF... you were ever to master the power necessary to truly be a sage THEN and only THEN would I call you master.
If you do not take my test or offer then simply say so. You can call upon me but I may or may not answer.
WHAT SAY YOU EISHI?"
<i></i>

ooc: SUIKA is not in your mind nor can she see what is occurring between you and the tsukumogami she helped you construct. Good luck Eishi... this is the final post from me to you... so respond however you like. You have built Tenbatsu. You have earned the right to call upon him. To wield his powers or build another summons up as you like is up to you now. Congratulations to the both of you and although Suika need not post I will point out that she has earned her summons and may build and write it up however she likes. Happy Summoning to you both and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I don't run to the beat of your drums, boy," I scoffed at his suggestion that I battle him or some nonsense. I just looking over at the prosthetic arm spirit. My face was more than likely showing some mix of utter contempt at his words and no small amount of amazement at his shamelessness.

"You forced me to bind one of you or you'd take me over. Get bent. Go fuck yourself. Get out of my head. We aren't friends," I said with an award-winning smile as I took out what I could only assume was an imaginary cigar in my headspace or wherever we were. I know I didn't have one in real life so it had to be something like that. Either way, it was effective enough as I lit it and blew the first puff into his face before I talked in my best negotiators voice like I had actually thought over his offer.

"Tell you what. If I ever give enough of a shit to call out your name, boy," I got up into spirits 'face' or whatever his body was, I don't know. I was good at my intimidation rolls and I was still too pissed off to listen to this cock, so I was going to make it clear.

"You better come, because you'll never see the light of day if you don't," I ended the internal realm as I went over to Suika and handed her a ten thousand yen bill before grabbing my spear off the ground and holstered her behind me.

"Let's go get some bbq and then get wasted," I said as I hooked Suika's arm and dragged her out of this hellhole. I gotta say tonight had exercised a lot of demons for me, and not in the way I had been expecting. The fact that it had mostly been in the literal sense was not lost on me, but I let it go as I went to a nice restaurant for once. I needed to forget about tonight, now.

[EXIT]​
<i>
</i>

OOC: Thank you for the contract! Had fun with it. :)

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: I know I didn't need to post as suggested, but I felt like one was definitely due for the sake of that "completion" feeling]

After Suika and Chawan went beyond their limits in battle, the kunoichi blacked out. Although talented and steadfast in ability and willpower, even the girl had her limits. In her slumber, however, she felt assured that Eishi could handle the rest. Her and Chawan gave it their all.

“Are you still here, Chawan?” Her spirit spoke within the darkness of her mind. Silence. Suddenly filled with unease, she echoed the same question. “Are you still here, Chawan?” Her query was, again, met without a response. Her spirit grew desperate. Had her time with her new comrade came to an end? “Chawan…” Her mind’s eye shed a tear, and after a drop hit the black void, ripples grew. These ripples spread far and wide. Before she lost all hope, a dim light appeared from nowhere. It was warm… it was familiar. Suddenly, that light grew extremely bright. A mask, a pact, the girl was posed with one final question.

“I am Tsukumogami, Suika-chan. Will we fight side-by-side forever?” Her soul went ablaze, fueled by passion and loyalty. “Yes, Chawan, for now and beyond my last breath.” With that, the contract was signed. Although she was sure that would be the last she heard of the mute toy wolf’s voice, she knew she now had access to his power and companionship. The light faded and so did her trail of consciousness. The forge was restored and, although she originally intended for this day to be a favor for Eishi, she gained a lifelong friend. What adventures will Chawan and Suika have from this point on?

[Topic left! Again, thanks so much, Kuro! This was a fun adventure!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back