Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Grave of the Butterfly

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
It had been a long time since Komora had anything to do with the Mochizuki’s. As a girl who had a difficulty connecting with people, she had never truly connected with many in her family. She held a soft spot for her mother and some of the others in the circus, but many of them she had not seen for years. Then there was Chou. Out of the Mochizuki camp, Chou had been a knife thrower, and she also was one of the few people with the patience to handle Komora. The woman spent a lot of time with the girl teaching her that she needed to listen, and despite Komora’s difficulty she enjoyed the attention and she loved learning. Learning was something that was just hard for her to do. Everything felt so slippery in her mind, and it was hard to focus on certain things. At one point it had been sharp objects, but she had gotten over that. As Akio tried to uncover what he could about the Mochizuki, he learned that there was an incident. The girl had run away from the Mochizuki, and despite their best efforts they hadn’t been able to find her.

It was around that time that the rumors about the girl in the forest began to arise. Of course they were related. Still, Akio needed to know the truth. He pursued it, but to not much avail. The most he learned was that Chou was somehow apart of the reason why Komora ran away. The mastiff looked up at the Aesculapium. Whatever had happened between Komora and Chou, Akio knew that he had to act right away once he heard some startling information: Chou had cancer. And she was losing. It was told to him that she could pass any moment. This is why Akio was here, with Komora, he ironically had a leash tied around her wrist which connected to his collar.

Akio had done his research before hand so he knew precisely which room he needed to go. He led Komora to the stairs on the East wing and led her up several flights. They passed a nurse wearing a banana hammock, and Akio found Komora’s face turning red, and try as she might, despite shielding her face, she couldn’t look away. Oh geez. Akio knew that puberty was starting, but he wasn’t sure what he would do once Komora discovered boys. Aside from the nurse, it was a rather uneventful trek until they reached the lobby of their particular ward. There was a snack machine in the corner and several lounge seats. Some of the Mochizuki’s looked up at the sight of Komora, clearly they were shocked to see her.

None of them were main branch like Komora, but they still swarmed her and swaddled her in their hugs. Komora looked uncomfortable as she tried to squirm out of the hugs. Eventually they let her go. Akio thought it was amusing how no one was even questioning Komora being lead by the wrist by a Giant Dog. They must just expect weird things from the girl.

They entered the ward and made their way to Room 20E. Akio tapped the door lightly. A bulky man opened the door. He immediately scooped up Komora in his arms, and looked like he might snap her in two by the force of his hug. “Komora...We’ve missed you.” He whispered to her before setting her down.

He then led Akio and Komora to the bedside of Chou. The woman looked pale. If she had been a beauty if was hard to see now. She was gaunt, and had no sign of her hair. “Chou...Komora’s here.” The man whispered to her. The woman looked over at Komora and reached a hand out. Komora’s eyes couldn’t grasp who this was at first. She stood pretrified looking at the woman. Her eyes slipped off of her face, and her scent smelled like sickness and medicine. It was only when the woman spoke that Komora snapped out of her stupor. “Komora...come here.” Komora rushed to the bedside and held Chou’s hand in hers. “I’m so happy you’re alright.” a weak tear streamed down the woman’s face as massaged Komora’s hand.

“Chou...” Komora choked. Akio remained silent. He had never seen her like this before. “Why are you sleepy Chou? Its time to get up.” Komora told her. The woman smiled and patted Komora’s head.”You’re such a sweet girl...” The woman whispered as she ran her hand through Komora’s hair. “I’m very sick.” She explained to Komora. “Sometimes when people are sick they don’t get better.” Her voice was so weak.”And then they go to sleep forever because they are tired.”

“No.” Komora sobbed. “Komora is sorry. So sorry.” Komora clutched her chest with her other hand as she collapsed to her knees at the side of the bed. “I know...I know...” For a moment, Chou stopped moving. Komora looked up and saw that Chou’s eyes had closed. Chou’s eyes opened again and she looked at Komora with a weak smile. “I’m sorry. I’m very tired now.” She whispered.

“Listen...I want you to...be a good girl...”

“Yes.”

“Listen to the Kage and the sennin.”

“Yes.”

“...and your teachers - listen to the teachers...”

“Okay...”

“An-and brush your hair...”

Komora sobbed.

“And make sure you bathe...an-and finish...school. Yamato...please...” Chou looked over at the large man whom had been standing mostly silently. He nodded and scooped up Komora and began to walk her out of the door. Komora wept into his shoulder as she was carried out of the room back into the lobby of the ward. Her eyes never left Chou until it was impossible to see her physically.

Akio had no choice but to follow as he had been tethered to the girl by the leash. He wasn’t sure if what he had just orchestrated was good or bad, but he was actually kind of scared for the girl. He had never seen Komora get emotional like this before. Komora’s emotions usually only displayed anger or frustration. This… now this was something completely different. The family gathered around Komora and consoled her as she stood in one spot and cried. “Komora doesn’t want Chou to go to sleep, S-stay awake Chou….”

Yamato massaged Komora’s shoulders. The door to the ward swung open as one of the nurses from the station stepped out into the lobby. The entire family looked at her expectantly. “She has passed.” Her voice was low, but the words struck like thunder. The nurse returned into the ward, doubtless to begin whatever needed to be done for the deceased, while 12 Mochizuki’s huddled together and shared their tears, with a mastiff looking on.

“You’ll be okay stinky...” the dog said under his breath. He unclipped the leash from his collar with his hind leg and then walked over to a nearby window so he could watch the world outside continue to turn. It was as if time existed for everyone except in this room right now.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu sighed wearily as he was handed a chart and rubbed his hand back through his hair. Another death today? ... Cancer. The patient had already been at a terribly late stage when it was discovered it seemed. Treatment was attempted but her body had already been losing the fight. A nurse was apparently already in the room preparing things and they needed him to come and pronounce the death. The young man leaned back in his office chair and inhaled deeply while tapping the chart and then stood up. Keep things timely and respectful. Sitting around would only make the waiting family frustrated.

Osuteno walked down the hall and saw the family gathered outside of the patient's room. Raiden this always tore him up, but he needed to stay professional. He walked into the room and checked the patient's vitals personally and pronounced the death. Now...

Osu stepped out of the room and turned to address the family, but saw they were having a rather private moment so he stood off to the side. He happened to notice a mastiff near the window and saw that one of the family members was holding a leash. Osu walked over to the same window and assuming this was a normal dog sighed while looking at the family and gently pet the dog's head. It seemed rather sad so it was likely smart enough to know that its family wasn't doing well. "Hey there boy... Your family is having it pretty rough isn't it? Is that little girl your human? ..." He sighed with a defeated expression as he looked at the grieving family as he continued to pet the dog.

"I'm sorry for your loss, I really am... Perhaps I should offer them some grief counseling, it is always difficult to find the right moment to offer it though, particularly during moments like that... It is always hardest seeing the children cry, particularly with some of my own on the way. Death is a rather foreign concept for most kids that age. Rather... your human there looks familiar... Tomo and Tama's sister?"

Osu's mind drifted vaguely back to a scene from a few years earlier where this particular child had stabbed herself and nearly bled out at the academy. He hadn't been able to get a straight answer at the time but now he paled a bit at the thought of that maybe having been a suicide attempt rather than an accident and became increasingly worried about the current situation. Ko... Ko something. Komora?

"I need to check on her, Komora." Osu said under his breath though not in particular to the mastiff.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
Akio was content to forgive the misunderstanding in favor of ear scratchings. Ah if there was one thing that humans were great for, it was for reaching those hard to get to delicate spots like your ears and getting them just right.Once Osu had his chance to have his say Akio snapped out of his stupor. “Hey - wait a second.” The large dog answered Osu. “Are you a friend of the Mochizuki’s?” Akio had met that “Tama” that Osu had muttered about in the flesh and had a rather negative introduction to the twin with her introducing to Komora to near death for the second time in her life. The Dog looked over at Osu. Once their eyes met, a light glinted off of his canine eyes. “Ahaha Sorry if I surprised you. I’m an Inuzuka Hound.” He explained. Although perhaps that wasn’t as good as an explanation as needed. “My name is Akio. My Master passed through the morgue here not too long ago as well...”

Akio looked every bit the hardened war dog of his exterior. His fur was graying and an eye patch covered one eye. “To tell you the truth I didn’t know what become of this meeting.” Akio looked at Komora who was in the midst of the Mochizuki’s embrace. “I found Komora out in the forest a while back and with some effort I’ve been dragging her around town. By chance I happened to learn about the Late Mochizuki Chou and that she was some how connected to Komora. When I heard that she was dying I knew that I needed to do something.”

It felt like the words slipped from his tongue as he tried to put them together. He shook the loose thoughts free from his head. “Yeah. I don’t know if bringing her here was a good or bad thing. I just hope it brings her some closure on whatever it was that happened between them that made the girl run away from home.”

It seemed that not many had information on that situation save Komora and Chou - and of course Akio really wandered how much you could get Komora to say coherently without the use of ANBU jutsu.”Yeah… I don’t know that much about these Mochizuki’s but if you want know about what that girl has been up to lately, I suppose I’m you’re best bet for information. I’ve been sticking to her like a tick on a deer.” Akio smiled in an almost proud way as memories of her learning the Inuzuka fighting style from him without him ever intentionally trying to teach her.

Komora never seemed to be the touchy feely type, yet here in the arms of people who were family, she wasn’t struggling to escape like she usually did. Eventually they let her go, and everyone watched what she would do. She just slumped to the floor into a defeated puddle with a somber expression on her face.

“I’ve never seen her like this.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu was actually very surprised when the mastiff began speaking to him. Even among ninken human speech was a very rare talent. However it wasn't unheard of. "It is a pleasure to meet you Akio, and I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am acquainted with Tomo and Tama certainly, though I don't know much about the clan overall. I have been on assignment with the twins before and assisted them here at the hospital."

He looked from the ninken and followed its line of sight to Komora. "Though I have only met her once and don't know her very well, thank you for taking care of her out there. It is hard to know what is best for someone until well after the moment has passed and you have more perspective but I at least feel you did the right thing bringing her here. It is hard to lose someone but it is even harder to know you weren't there for them when they go. I don't know the circumstances behind her running away, and I would be more than willing to look into her family situation if you are concerned, but for now at least it appears that scene over there is genuine love and grief."

He looked back at Akio, "If it would be alright with you, I would like you to tell me as much as you will about her situation and even bring her back to my office at some point to have a chat. Last time I saw her... Well the only time I ever saw her was years back when she had stabbed her hand for some unknown reason and she nearly died from blood loss. I tried getting some answers from Tama at the time but well..." he grimaced while looking back at Komora.

"I should have asked more questions and gotten more involved. Particularly now that I know she ran away from home. Right now all I know is that once she might have tried to hurt herself and she seems to have lost someone very dear to her and I can't help but be concerned."

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
Akio winced his one good eye as Osu told the tale of Komora’s stabbing her own hand. “I don’t really know that much about the Mochizukis, but I have had the pleasure of getting to know Komora.” He sighed. “We met in the forest sometime ago… It slips my memory how long ago it was exactly. After my Master died I was given the task of playing Ranger for the Inuzuka on the forest here in Cloud. Of course, I learned that Academy Students have this weird habit of trying to survive there. I have found several bodies in my time...I digress.”

“Is your office nearby? Perhaps we should change the scenery before I tell everything I know about Komora. I think the family would find most of it unpleasant.” He told Osu. “Komora, come here please.” Komora looked up at hearing her name being called by the wolf. She stood to her feet and walked over to Akio. She picked up the leash that was still tied to her wrist and snapped it to Akio’s collar. Her eyes were red and puffy and she had a very quiet aura about her. If she recognized Osu, she didn’t make any sign of it as she fell back into her stupor. She was letting herself be dragged around by the leash. “If you have time, lead the way.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osuteno sighed thinking about how a few of those bodies could have very likely been a few of his own classmates. Though he was surprised to see that Akio was in fact willing to have this discussion immediately. Well, why do tomorrow what you can do today, Osu supposed.

"Of course," Osu replied when the ninken suggested having this discussion in a more private setting. "It is just a few floors up, we can take the elevator." It was... interesting to see the interaction between Akio and Komora. One could actually almost see Komora being the pet instead of a partner or master. She seemed rather reliant actually. Well best to withhold diagnosis until he had as many pieces as possible.

The trip to his office only took about two minutes including the elevator and he flicked on the lights as they entered. To be completely honest this was the same office he had when he was younger but during those few years he had been considered dead at sea they had turned the room into a janitor's closet and now it was making a transition back into an office again. One wall still had cleaning supplies on it but at least they had cleared out enough for his desks and file cabinets again.

He only had two chairs in the office including his own behind the desk which seemed... difficult to access at first glance. The whole room was rather cramped thanks to that wall of cleaning supplies. Osu actually had to let go of the structural integrity of his body, which gave the illusion he melted, and go under his desk to reach his chair. As he took a humanoid shape again he gave an apologetic smile and gestured towards the one chair. "I am sorry for only having enough chairs, but please feel free to make yourselves comfortable. Would either of you like some tea or water before we get started?"

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
Akio helped Komora say her goodbyes to her family, afterwhich they followed Osu down the hall to the elevator. Komora had tried to push all of the buttons, but Akio managed to keep her isolated in the corner. When they arrived on the proper floor they followed Osu the rest of the way to his office, with Komora sniffing every now and then as her eyes blurred with tears. The girl took in the whole of the place with a single glance. She was rather interested in the strange things that were kept on the shelves that seemed misplaced - such as a toilet plunger - but Akio’s leash was tight and didn’t let her wander too far. Osu caught Komora’s attention when his body turned into a puddle and rolled underneath his desk. She crouched down onto the floor and began to sniff the spot where he had been. “Komora, sit down please?” She took the chair and sat down with her hands in her lap, twiddling her fingers. Akio sat down on the floor. Despite this, it didn’t seem to affect his height very much and he was still nearly as tall as Komora.

“It’s fine. Although I think I missed your name..? Also, I think Tea for Komora would be fine. Water agrees more with a dog’s constitution.” He interjected once Osu began to speak. Akio waited until they were served before continuing. “So - you’re a doctor here?” Akio glanced at Komora who had begun to organize the object’s on Osu’s desk into a line with each other. She put the biggest to her left and let the gradually smaller objects take places to the right of it. Akio didn’t see any harm and it was keeping her occupied so he left her alone.

“Its hard to know what to do with her sometimes, and it worries me even more that it looks like she’s about to hit puberty.” He could already tell that Komora’s hips had begun to show signs of girlishness, and she had something akin to swelling on her chest. He didn’t dare predict how this would affect her behavior but he had already experienced that despite all of the weaknesses of her mind, her body was quite healthy. “Surprisingly her behavior has been improving.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, pardon, my name is Chigokai Osuteno, I am indeed a medical shinobi here at the hospital. Been working here for about six years now." Osu said while his arms separated from his body and went to fetch the refreshments. "Komora is matcha fine with you?"

One of the hands brought back a wider mug with water in it for Akio fairly quickly and went back to assist the other hand in preparing the tea. Luckily he kept a hot pot of water ready at most times. Serving his guests and himself Osu watched Komora's actions with a fair amount of interest while listening to the ninken.

"I know you said you haven't known Komora for very long..." Osu started while opening a desk drawer and retrieving a small stress cube with different textures on each side and putting it in front of Komora, "But have you noticed any particular habits or tendencies in her actions and reactions? Anything she seems to have trouble with in particular? Anything she is unusually proficient with? I know it is a bit off topic but..." Akio should be able to see Osu's eyes move to Komora's hands as she explored his desk.

"It seems to be an important piece of the puzzle.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
“Yes.” Komora answered immediately in regards to the tea. She wasn’t even sure what that was, although this was perhaps the first time anyone had asked what she wanted. Once the cup was placed before her she took in both hands and immediately began to gulp it down. Only once she tasted it did she hesitate. She had her brow furrowed in thought as her cheeks bulged with a mouthful of tea. She swallowed the tea but had a sour look on her face as she put the cup into order along with the rest of the objects that she had already organized for Osu. “Hmm… I guess she doesn’t like it.” Akio commented as she took his cup also and added it to her line.

Osu sat the stress cube in front of her, and she met Akio’s eye briefly. The dog shrugged at her and she picked it up the cube and began to explore its faces. As Osu spoke Komora found a face with several buttons. Pressing one button would cause another to pop out. She was entranced with the object as she followed the same pattern repeated. Akio glanced from Osu to Komora and then back again. He didn’t really understand what Osu was getting at. “Well, I’ve noticed that she does have a mature understanding in certain areas..despite acting infantile. For example: I’ve used Inuzuka techniques against her a few times when I first met her. She actually learned them without me intending to be teaching them to her.”

“She’s extremely sensitive to things. She is sensitive to chakra, and people. On more than one occasion she has detected shinobi on the other side of the forest.” Akio rolled his shoulders. Komora was still focusing carefully on the cube. “Ah thats right. She never looks people in the face. I’m not sure what that’s about but just a little odd thing I picked up on...uh....” Komora stopped fiddling with the side that she had been working on found that there was a button on the other side of the cub that made a clicking noise every time it was pressed.

“I don’t know what is wrong with her but I’ve found that she is capable of picking things up - it’s just that it takes her longer to understand things other than combat. I’ve noticed a drastic improvement in her behavior these past few months since I’ve been spending time helping her understand etiquette.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu was a bit surprised to learn Komora didn’t like matcha, probably because he loved it. Still, everyone had different tastes. “No worries, do you perhaps like apple juice Komora?” He reached down beside his chair to open a mini fridge and retrieved a resealable milk glass he had cleaned and used for a travel glass. He had been saving it for his lunch but he could always brew himself more tea.

Watching Komora continue to arrange things on his desk and then watching her react to the stress cube Osu started nodding to himself. “So she isn’t really on the same page socially as most in her age group… Not that a lot aren’t shy at her age but still… and you said she picked up Inuzuka techniques with little effort?” That last bit was rather surprising since not just anyone had an affinity for that sort of thing. It was typically limited to those of that family and few outsiders could pick it up despite years of practice.

More intently watching Komora with the cube while listening to Akio, Osu thought about the unusual level of detection Komora displayed as well as her interesting tendencies. Osu had little doubt there was some sort of learning disability involved based off the descriptions given so far, but the awareness described in combination with the fact her ability in combat training seemed unaffected...

And she could learn given enough time and effort, even social etiquette which was one of the hardest things to establish considering much of it isn’t based off concrete concepts… It would definitely take time to narrow down her symptoms in an effort to diagnose and more effectively treat her. Still, it wasn’t like they couldn’t do anything in the meantime. A few basic exercises would be a good start.

Three red beads left Osu’s fingertips each with a bit of chakra in them but one having about twice as much as the other two. He lined the three beads up in the air and with the one possessing the most chakra on Komora’s left he first asked, “Komora, do any of these three beads seem different than the others? Would you please point it out for me?”

Upon hearing her answer, regardless of which she pointed out Osu would thank her and switch them up a bit quickly hiding them behind his hands and when he lined them back up in the air with the densest in the middle would ask her to point at the same bead again. Once more he would thank her for her answer regardless of which she chose and go to switch them up again, but slipped in a fourth bead that had twice as much chakra as the former densest bead of blood and hide the original bead Komora had been asked to find directly behind his head to where Komora couldn’t see it directly, “Could you point that same bead out for me just one more time?”

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
Komora put the stress cube down and added it and the apple juice offered by Osu into the line. “Komora likes green beans.” she answered to Osu. Akio nodded to afirm Osu’s questions about her learning the techniques. “Yes… well… I’ve been working on making her forget them, so hopefully the fact that a non-Inuzuka knows Inuzuka techniques can go forgotten. We’ll see how that works.” The sighed lazily as he watched Komora play with the stress cube again. She stuck her tongue out as she clicked on the side that made the noise each time the button was pressed. It seemed that it had her full attention.Something changed immediately when she felt the small chakra. She dropped the stress cube and scrambled backwards, causing her chair to tumble back with her. She rolled until she was on her feet again in a defense stance. “Oh geez...” Akio complained. “You’re making this a big deal. You’re acting like you’ve never felt a tiny bit of chakra before.” Akio barked at her. He leaned to her ear and with a much gentler voice repeated Osu’s question. “Its just a game...Komora, do any of these three beads seem different than the others? Which one is it?”

She eyed the beads. “Blood.” She pointed at Osu. Akio took a moment to look at Osu again. He hadn’t realized that the young man was of the bloodline that allowed for the manipulation of blood, but it seemed that the reason Komora reacted like she did is because of the scent of the blood. “It’s okay. Some people can make their bodies do weird things… which one of those beads is different?”

The girl thought for a moment. It was easy for her to determine which of the beads had more chakra, but it was much more difficult for her to point out the one that she wanted to. It had been some time since she had tried actively going against the barrier’s in her own brain. She had forgotten how hard it was to do things when you were actively trying to point them out. Things like this only happened whenenever she tried to communicate. It was a struggle to raise her hand to point at the bead that didn’t match the others. Osu put his hands behind his back and she could feel the location of the behind despite it being switched. When the beads returned, it was the same slow process of raising her finger to point.

This last time she felt like her sixth sense was telling her that something was off. As she extended her chakra senses she realized what it was. There was a fourth bead, and the other bead was hiding behind Osu. She could feel his signature camoflaging that of his bead. She crossed her arms and looked away. “No.” She stamped a foot.

“Komora?” Akio prodded. “Which one of the - ” She stamped her foot again. “No!” Akio chuckled. “I think she’s done playing.” He looked back to the girl. “Why don’t you sit back down please?” She paused for a moment before nodding at last. She righted the chair and sat back down. She picked up the Matcha tea again.and took another gulp. She wore the same sour expression as she did so. She put the cup back into its place. Now that the games were over she remembered that she was sad because Chou had gone to sleep. She tugged on her own hair and before wrapping her arms around Akio and crying into his shoulder.

“Agh- you’re choking me.” The dog coughed.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah Komora wasn't too pleased with his little trick but the fact she caught on did firmly establish she had very acute powers of sensory. "I'm sorry about that little prank Komora, it was mean and I am sorry, but you are very good at that game aren't you? Caught on very fast." Still he couldn't help but notice her physical hesitation each time she went to point. Some kind of block? Discomfort for communication? Uncertainty perhaps? There were quite a number of explanations but he didn't have enough information.

The stress from the day seemed to be returning to Komora however, ah this was a bit more urgent that discovering how she ticked. She needed proper rest... He hopped over his desk and squated down in front of Komora until he was just a little below her eye level and placed a hand on her noggin... "Komora, you have had a hard time lately haven't you? Would... you and Akio be interested in staying at my place tonight? If you want to go back with your family I perfectly understand but if you are planning on going back out to the woods I would like to convince you to both to come back with me. We can get you a warm bath, a nice meal and a soft bed for the night at the very least. Our place has a guest bedroom you and Akio and sleep in and we can have... green beans if you like them that much. You can meet my wife, she is a very nice lady though she is a bit grumpy recently since the babies growing in her belly have been making her a bit tired, and maybe one of my roommates if either of them are home at a decent time or rather at all for once. It is up to you, I just wanted to offer you a chance to rest well and relax safely."

The other unspoken reason for his offer of sanctuary was that if indeed Komora was prone to hurting herself he would be at hand to assist her. She didn't seem like she was the sort considering self harm but she had indeed had a rather rough time as of late and children her age were very strongly influenced by sudden change and emotions. He looked Akio in the eyes to communicate his worry and willingness to assist silently, hoping the other understood.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
“There there.” The dog patted the girl’s back with a paw. The girl was not capable of being consoled at the moment. Akio found that his fur was quickly becoming damp from her tears. He bowed his head slightly and tilted his head to the side with a questioning brow raised. “I definitely appreciate the offer - I really wish I could go back home to my own family but..” After a pause and not receiving a response the dog let out the sigh of a defeated man. “I’ve never really seen her like this before. We’ve been staying in the forest up to now. I’m sure he family would be happy to have her back now that she has been found but… The Mochizuki’s are mostly humble circus folk - with very few exceptions.”

Akio knew that if Komora got mad that none of them would be able to stop her. Someone like Akio would be a good fit, but he had his own and family with the Inuzuka clan that watched over the woods that he was eager to return to. Osu seemed like a capable fellow to be a medical ninja so it was doubtless that he would be able to handle himself if Komora decided to throw a tantrum...that and he wasn’t sure how you could really hurt a person who didn’t seem to have any kind of solid substance. “Well Komora isn’t certainly fit to make her own decisions. I suppose we should consult her legal guardian about her living arrangements? Her parents are still alive, or so I’ve heard.”

“Maybe I’m over thinking things?” Komora lifted her head and reached out for the matcha cup again. She finished it even though she had a sour expression on her face and tears rolling down her face. “Yeah now that I’ve had a chance to think about it I think that this is an acceptable offer. My reasoning is mostly this : Komora doesn’t handle frustration well. I’ve seen her get angry and violent when she gets frustrated. Now I’m a shinobi dog and can deal with that sort of stuff, but I trust you’re more than capable as well. Despite never finishing the academy her strength isn’t something that Cloud can ignore.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu understood what Akio was getting at quickly enough. Komora's family wasn't really physically capable of keeping her from acting out during a tantrum. He himself (and his wife after she had the children and recovered) and Saeko and hell Kouin if he ever came home should be able to keep Komora from getting too out of hand. He didn't think it was a terribly common event... but even once could be devastating to common civilians and he didn't want this kid to live with something like that on her hands. He just needed to convince the parents.

Well to be entirely honest he didn't NEED to convince the parents but it would certainly be better to get their approval. He very well could simply take action as a medical professional and take custody of Komora since she was a shinobi of the village even though she was still in the academy. The problems with doing that though were that it was a really harsh thing to put on a family and initially he would have to keep Komora in the hospital to follow guidelines and have to prove she was fine to leave unsupervised after raising the initial concern. Best to try and convince the family to let her into his care peacefully.

"Should her parent's be convinced easy enough I would also ask that you spend as long as you are willing with us, even if only for a few days before you return to stay in the forest, to help Komora transition and teach us how to work with her particular needs." Osu sighed and looked at Komora.

"Well I am getting ahead of myself anyway. Best to go speak with the parents. It is just a shame this isn't really something we can wait for a better time to discuss."

So Osu did what needed to be done. He led Komora and Akio back to the family and took the parent’s aside. He expressed his sympathies for their loss but also made it clear he was actually wanting to discuss Komora. He talked with them a bit about how Komora had apparently been living lately, with occasional looks to Akio for confirmation, and expressed his concerns about Komora’s current situation. He was perfectly honest about the realities of Komora’s instabilities currently put her and those around her at a bit of a risk and rather than having her kept under examination in the hospital he spoke of his wish to allow her more freedom and time to adjust herself under his care at his own home where he and his wife could keep an eye on her, in addition to Akio should he have agreed with Osu’s proposal for him to stay with them as well before returning to the woods.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
“Huh? Komora’s Parents?” One of the troupe scratched his head. “I’m sorry most of us aren’t even related to the clan head.” The man mumbled to Osu. “But Sonoko is here.” the man gestured to her, the eldest of the Mochizuki.

Sonoko%20Icon_zpskk6ys9h3.jpg
There she was. A very feminine woman with a blue hue of hair. She turned to their direction upon hearing her name. Seeing Osu, Komora and Akio she stepped of the group and approached them. She threw a glance at Komora, and then scratched Akio’s ears and then looked over at Osu. “Doctor.” She nodded to him. “I’m thankful for your help with Chou, and now with Komora.” She gestured back to some of the other people “So - Akira was telling me that you were concerned about Komora.” She gestured to the long haired man whom they had been speaking with.

“Yes, M’am” Akio nodded. “We were wanting to put Komora into the care of the good Doctor.” He explained. “You see, despite her age, she is quite gifted and she is very unstable.” Sonoko had a pained expression as she looked down at the face of Komora who wore an almost indifferent expression now, although the tears were still on her face. “We’re just worried about what will happen if she gets frusted and throws a tantrum.” Akio spared Komora a glance also. “I found her living out in the forest, and she was killing and eating bears. Her strength isn’t what you’d call normal. We’re just worried that if she got frustrated or angry, she could lash at seriously harm the family.”

Sonoko raised an eyebrow. “Huh.” She clucked her tongue. “You must not know me and my siblings very well.” She smiled in an amused fashion at the dog. “All of my siblings are at least chuunin. I doubt her tantrum will amount to much.” As if to demonstrate she gestured to Komora in an open hug and Komora trotted over obediently and wrapped her arms around Sonoko. “Oh Komora...” She sighed looking at the red headed girl. “I barely recognize you.” She patted Komora’s head. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. Or any of us. There is no reason why we couldn’t have been there… We should have known better than to force you onto Chou. And then those years...she was in the forest?”

Sonoko shook her head. “We couldn’t find her at all… and we were looking. Some of us never gave up. My mother was worried sick.But I don’t think you need to worry anymore.. I’ll be keeping better watch on her. I really appreciate you both. Thank you for brinigng her home to us…”

“This timing...heh… it feels like the ending of one chapter and the beginning of another. I’m not opposed to check ups but we will take care of Komora’s housing. If you want to discuss this you can take this up with the Mochizuki clan head.” She smiled sweetly. "Come on Komora, lets get you home"

Komora and her sister Departed.
[exit]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back