Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hachimon

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hachimon
EG.jpg

All humans have the potential within them to call forth great and super-human power, though the majority of tend to live their lives using no more than a fraction of their capabilities. Yet, there are some that possess the will to push themselves over any limit, even beyond to what can be deemed as physically impossible. These are the few shinobi who have practiced the art of unlocking the Eight Inner Gates, the Hachimon. These gates lie upon specific points in the chakra system and limit the body's potential in order to maintain a safe and stable balance, yet through training, one can learn to remove these natural barriers for a short time. Only the most fit and in sync with their body's completely are capable of understanding and surpassing their limits, any who fall short of utter devotion to their body's maintenance have no hope up understanding the workings of the Eight Gates.

Kinjutsu Table
Information
Prerequisites: Kinjutsu Application, B-Rank, 3 Ability Slots

Effects:
  • The user gains access to the Hidden Power Ability and will not take up a slot. In addition the bonus granted by Hidden Power is no longer reduced if the user's HP is raised above an HP interval by healing effects.
  • The user gain a 10% DR
  • The user Taijutsu cost 20% less CP, but Genjutsu and Ninjutsu cost 10% extra CP.
  • While the user has Chakra Gates open, the Ninjutsu Body Switch does not require a Kawarimi Target, and can be used against A Rank Techniques.

Chakra Gates - Kinjutsu Ability
EG1.jpg

The chakra gates are the limiters in the body that govern the natural processes of the body such as fatigue, metabolism, and stamina. Unleashing these gates push the user's body far beyond the capabilities of normal human potential, making things such as superhuman strength and lightning speed a reality, at the cost of straining the body and burning vitality rapidly. Common traits of the gates include darkened skin, blank eyes that come from the pressure placed upon the body, and even vivid visible auras of chakra.

Information
Prerequisites: Hachimon

Effect: User may open their Chakra Gates which grants them the following bonuses based on which Gates are opened:
  • First Gate: Gate of Opening The user gains +5% Auto-Dodge.
  • Second Gate: Gate of Healing: The user ignores first rank of Bleeding and Sprained Called Shot penalties.These effects are increased by one level by the Eighth Gate: Gate of Death. (Rank 2 Bleeding and Fractured Called Shot)
  • Third Gate: Gate of Life The user regains 2% Max HP every round. This gate does not have an HP cost.
  • Fourth Gate: Gate of Pain The user regains 2% Max CP every round. This gate does not have a CP cost.
  • Fifth Gate: Gate of Limit The user gains +10% Taijutsu Damage and increases the user's damage cap with Taijutsu by 10%.
  • Sixth Gate: Gate of View The user gains +2 Accuracy and Dodge. In addition the user automatically succeeds on Awareness checks against clone techniques.
  • Seventh Gate: Gate of Wonder - +1 AP and +2 Genjutsu Save. These effects cannot be doubled by Eighth Gate: Gate of Death.

Cost: 0.5 AP and 200 Cp per gate to initiate. 100 Hp/rnd per gate.

Notes:
  • The activation costs, maintenance costs and effects of the Chakra Gates are cumulative.
  • The user can activate Chakra Gates consecutively as a single action, with an accumulated AP cost for the purposes of AP timing.
  • Chakra Gates do not need to be opened in order.
  • Only three Chakra Gates can be open at a time without the use of the Go Beyond Technique.
  • Chakra Gates cannot be activated in any way if the user has Cursed Seals, Genetic Implant or Sage Mode active. Likewise, the user cannot activate either while Chakra Gates is active.

Hot Blooded - Kinjutsu Ability
EG8.jpg

It is said that a Hachimon is never out numbered because of their unquenchable fighting spirit. Indeed it is that very fighting spirit that sets them apart from the average martial artist by way of constantly driving them to seek mastery over their technique and their form. Their drive to succeed at their goals no matter what the odds are is perhaps the greatest weapon in their arsenal.

Information

Effect: The user is not KO’d at 0 HP. Any round during which the user starts with a negative HP total they immediately suffer 20% of their maximum HP in damage and their Bleeding Level is increased. If the user is already at Rank 5 Bleeding at the beginning of the round then they immediately suffer their Bleeding damage.

Notes:
  • The user may choose to "give up" at any time they are at negative HP which causes them to fall unconscious immediately.
  • If the user is reduced to -50% of their maximum HP they are immediately KO'd
  • If the user has Kill Switch on, they can instead continue fighting up to -75% of their maximum HP, but die immediately if this threshold is met and are given the Forced Kill penalty.
  • If the user activates Eighth Gate: Gate of Death at any time during the battle they are still KO'd as soon as the battle ends.

Go Beyond - Buffing Taijutsu
EG2.jpg

Merely opening Chakra Gates is not enough for a Haichimon, having learned to push their bodies to open Chakra Gates, they then can push even further, far beyond normal shinobi. The pinnacle of which is to open the forbidden Gate of Death.

Information

Rank 1/2: Rank 1 allows the user to activate a 4th and 5th Chakra Gate. Rank 2 allows the user to activate a 6th and 7th Chakra Gate.

Special Action - The Eighth Gate: Gate of Death: For 0.5 AP and 340 CP the user can activate the Gate of Death. This Chakra Gate doubles the effects of all of the other Chakra Gates, but the user will be KO’d at the end of the battle.

Cost: 2.25 AP and 680 CP

Note:
  • The user may activate 2/4 Chakra Gates for no AP or CP cost as part of this technique.
  • The maintenance cost of the Chakra Gates apply as per normal.
  • The user must have 3 Chakra Gates opened to use this technique.
  • At the beginning of each round, if the user has activated 4/5 Chakra Gates, the user has a 10%/20% chance to increase the Called Shot level of a random limb.
  • At the beginning of each round, if the user has activated 6/7/8 Chakra Gates, the user has a 30%/40%/50% chance to increase the Called Shot level of 3/4/5 limbs.
  • Eighth Gate: Gate of Death Special action can only be used once all 7 Chakra Gates are open.
  • The user can combine opening the first 3 gates with this technique, lowering the AP timing to 2.25 AP instead of 3.75AP timing. This counts as a Combo. This does not change the AP cost.
  • Called Shot Levels from Gates cannot be reversed or healed using Acupuncture.

Morning Peacock - Variable Taijutsuu
EG5.jpg

A rapid blitz of strikes that are so quick in succession that they ignite the air around the Hachimon's fists through a combination of raw air friction and the chakra being used in the process for the attack. Each strike carries with it the force of an explosion and is enough to bawk even the sturdiest of foes.

Information

Rank 1/2: User strikes 5 times dealing 315/395 damage per strike at -1 Accuracy, with a +15%/30% chance to cause Suppression. Morning Peacock can cause Suppression up to 2/4 times per use rather than the normal limit of once.

Cost: 2.25 AP and 715 CP

Notes:
  • The user must have at least 4 Chakra Gates active to use this technique.
  • This Taijutsu subtype matches the weapon used for it.
  • This Taijutsu technique can cause suppression regardless of the weapon type used.

Sure-Kill Strike - Variable Taijutsu
EG6.jpg

A technique which has taken many forms over the years thanks to the varied masters of the Hachimon teachings, the Sure-Kill Strike is an attack which draws upon the incredible power of the Eight Gates to execute an extremely versatile technique.

Information
Prerequisites Hachimon, A-Rank

Rank 1/2: Base damage is 3,300/4,125. The user must select a Special Action.

Special Action - Daytime Tiger: This technique automatically triggers any Activated Auto-Dodge effects that the target has prepared in their conditionals before attempting to strike.

Special Action - Evening Elephant: This technique strikes 5 times dealing 660/825 damage per strike. If Evening Elephant is blocked by a barrier then one strike is ignored, the barrier is destroyed and the remaining strikes target the opponent as normal.

Cost: 2.75 AP and 2060 CP

Note:
  • Only one Special Action may be chosen.
  • Sure-Kill Strike can only be used once per round.
  • The user must have at least 6 Chakra Gates active to use this technique.
  • Daytime Tiger triggers the target's Activated Auto-Dodge(s) even if it wouldn't normally activate the opponent's conditional they set to use it with.

Night Guy - S-Rank Variable Taijutsu
jvIR1p.jpg

Hachimon users are commonly thought of by martial artists as the supreme masters of unarmed combat and the Night Guy technique is a large portion of that reputation. By condensing all of their chakra into a single limb of their body and then using the combined energy of all eight Chakra Gates the Hachimon is able to enter a state of intensity which blurs the line between possible and impossible.

Information
Prerequisites S-Rank, All Hachimon techniques mastered

Rank 1/2: Converts the user's life force into raw power and strikes a single time dealing 2,670/2940 damage at +1 Accuracy. If Night Guy is a Full Hit then it deals additional damage to the target equal to 7.5%/10% of the user's maximum HP and elevates the Called Shot penalties of a single one of the user's limbs to a special Useless Called Shot Level.

Cost: 3.75 AP and 3,740 CP

Note(s):
  • The user must have all 8 Chakra Gates active to use this technique.
  • The additional damage caused by Night Guy being a Full Hit cannot be reduced or increased by any effect.
  • If Night Guy hits a barrier then the additional damage is not dealt but the barrier is destroyed automatically.
  • Useless uses the same penalties as Broken status but cannot be healed for the remainder of the battle.
  • If a limb which is already at Broken status is selected, then it is rendered Useless and another random limb has it’s Called Shot Level raised by 1. This process repeats until a limb which was not already at Broken status is selected.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[quote][B]Hachimon[/B]
[IMG]http://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/Hachimon/EG.jpg[/IMG]
All humans have the potential within them to call forth great and super-human power, though the majority of tend to live their lives using no more than a fraction of their capabilities. Yet, there are some that possess the will to push themselves over any limit, even beyond to what can be deemed as physically impossible. These are the few shinobi who have practiced the art of unlocking the Eight Inner Gates, the Hachimon. These gates lie upon specific points in the chakra system and limit the body's potential in order to maintain a safe and stable balance, yet through training, one can learn to remove these natural barriers for a short time. Only the most fit and in sync with their body's completely are capable of understanding and surpassing their limits, any who fall short of utter devotion to their body's maintenance have no hope up understanding the workings of the Eight Gates.

[U][B]Kinjutsu Table[/B][/U]
[LIST]
[*][goto=Ab1]Chakra Gates[/goto] (Ability)
[*][goto=Ab2]Hot Blooded[/goto] (Ability)
[*][goto=B1]Go Beyond[/goto] (B-Rank Technique)
[*][goto=B2]Morning Peacock[/goto] (B-Rank Technique)
[*][goto=A1]Sure-Kill Strike[/goto] (A-Rank Technique)
[*][goto=S1]Night Guy[/goto] (S-Rank Technique)
[/LIST]
[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites:[/B] Kinjutsu Application, B-Rank, 3 Ability Slots

[B]Effects:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]The user gains access to the [URL='https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=533#p533']Hidden Power[/URL] Ability and will not take up a slot.  In addition the bonus granted by [I]Hidden Power[/I] is no longer reduced if the user's HP is raised above an HP interval by healing effects.
[*]The user gain a 10% DR
[*]The user Taijutsu cost 20% less CP, but Genjutsu and Ninjutsu cost 10% extra CP.
[*]While the user has Chakra Gates open, the Ninjutsu [URL='https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/e-rank-jutsu.476/post-134536']Body Switch[/URL] does not require a Kawarimi Target, and can be used against A Rank Techniques.
[/LIST]
[/quote]

[quote][anchor=Ab1][U][B]Chakra Gates - [I]Kinjutsu Ability[/I][/B][/U][/anchor]
[IMG]http://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/Hachimon/EG1.jpg[/IMG]
The chakra gates are the limiters in the body that govern the natural processes of the body such as fatigue, metabolism, and stamina. Unleashing these gates push the user's body far beyond the capabilities of normal human potential, making things such as superhuman strength and lightning speed a reality, at the cost of straining the body and burning vitality rapidly. Common traits of the gates include darkened skin, blank eyes that come from the pressure placed upon the body, and even vivid visible auras of chakra.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites:[/B] Hachimon

[B]Effect:[/B] User may open their Chakra Gates which grants them the following bonuses based on which Gates are opened:
[LIST]
[*][I]First Gate: Gate of Opening[/I] The user gains +5% Auto-Dodge.
[*][I]Second Gate: Gate of Healing[/I]: The user ignores first rank of Bleeding and [I]Sprained[/I] Called Shot penalties.These effects are increased by one level by the [I]Eighth Gate: Gate of Death[/I]. (Rank 2 Bleeding and Fractured Called Shot)
[*][I]Third Gate: Gate of Life[/I]  The user regains 2% Max HP every round. This gate does not have an HP cost.
[*][I]Fourth Gate: Gate of Pain[/I] The user regains 2% Max CP every round. This gate does not have a CP cost.
[*][I]Fifth Gate: Gate of Limit[/I] The user gains +10% Taijutsu Damage and increases the user's damage cap with Taijutsu by 10%.
[*][I]Sixth Gate: Gate of View[/I] The user gains +2 Accuracy and Dodge.  In addition the user automatically succeeds on Awareness checks against clone techniques.
[*][I]Seventh Gate: Gate of Wonder[/I] - +1 AP and +2 Genjutsu Save.  These effects cannot be doubled by [I]Eighth Gate: Gate of Death[/I].
[/LIST]

[B]Cost:[/B] 0.5 AP and 200 Cp per gate to initiate. 100 Hp/rnd per gate.

[I]Notes:[/I]
[LIST]
[*]The activation costs, maintenance costs and effects of the Chakra Gates are cumulative.
[*]The user can activate Chakra Gates consecutively as a single action, with an accumulated AP cost for the purposes of AP timing.
[*]Chakra Gates do not need to be opened in order.
[*]Only three Chakra Gates can be open at a time without the use of the [goto=B1]Go Beyond[/goto] Technique.
[*]Chakra Gates cannot be activated in any way if the user has [URL='https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=51373']Cursed Seals[/URL], [url=https://ninpocho.com/threads/genetic-implant.64985/#post-358605]Genetic Implant[/url] or [URL='https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=54484']Sage Mode[/URL] active. Likewise, the user cannot activate either while Chakra Gates is active.
[/LIST]
[/quote]

[quote][anchor=Ab2][U][B]Hot Blooded - [I]Kinjutsu Ability[/I][/B] [/U][/anchor]
[IMG]http://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/Hachimon/EG8.jpg[/IMG]
It is said that a Hachimon is never out numbered because of their unquenchable fighting spirit.  Indeed it is that very fighting spirit that sets them apart from the average martial artist by way of constantly driving them to seek mastery over their technique and their form.  Their drive to succeed at their goals no matter what the odds are is perhaps the greatest weapon in their arsenal.

[I]Information[/I]

[B]Effect:[/B] The user is not KO’d at 0 HP.  Any round during which the user starts with a negative HP total they immediately suffer 20% of their maximum HP in damage and their Bleeding Level is increased. If the user is already at Rank 5 Bleeding at the beginning of the round then they immediately suffer their Bleeding damage.

[LIST]
[*]The user may choose to "give up" at any time they are at negative HP which causes them to fall unconscious immediately.
[*]If the user is reduced to -50% of their maximum HP they are immediately KO'd
[*]If the user has Kill Switch on, they can instead continue fighting up to -75% of their maximum HP, but die immediately if this threshold is met and are given the Forced Kill penalty.
[*]If the user activates [I]Eighth Gate: Gate of Death[/I] at any time during the battle they are still KO'd as soon as the battle ends.
[/LIST]
[/quote]

[quote][anchor=B1][U][B]Go Beyond - [I]Buffing Taijutsu[/I][/B][/U][/anchor]
[IMG]http://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/Hachimon/EG2.jpg[/IMG]
Merely opening Chakra Gates is not enough for a Haichimon, having learned to push their bodies to open Chakra Gates, they then can push even further, far beyond normal shinobi. The pinnacle of which is to open the forbidden Gate of Death.

[I]Information[/I]

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] Rank 1 allows the user to activate a 4th and 5th Chakra Gate. Rank 2 allows the user to activate a 6th and 7th Chakra Gate.

[B]Special Action[/B] - [I]The Eighth Gate: Gate of Death[/I]: For 0.5 AP and 340 CP the user can activate the Gate of Death. This Chakra Gate doubles the effects of all of the other Chakra Gates, but the user will be KO’d at the end of the battle.

[B]Cost:[/B] 2.25 AP and 680 CP

[I]Note:[/I]
[LIST]
[*]The user may activate 2/4 Chakra Gates for no AP or CP cost as part of this technique.
[*]The maintenance cost of the Chakra Gates apply as per normal.
[*]The user must have 3 Chakra Gates opened to use this technique.
[*]At the beginning of each round, if the user has activated 4/5 Chakra Gates, the user has a 10%/20% chance to increase the Called Shot level of a random limb.
[*]At the beginning of each round, if the user has activated 6/7/8 Chakra Gates, the user has a 30%/40%/50% chance to increase the Called Shot level of 3/4/5 limbs.
[*]Eighth Gate: Gate of Death Special action can only be used once all 7 Chakra Gates are open.
[*]The user can combine opening the first 3 gates with this technique, lowering the AP timing to 2.25 AP instead of 3.75AP timing. This counts as a Combo. This does not change the AP cost.
[*]Called Shot Levels from Gates cannot be reversed or healed using [URL='https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/acupuncture.228/']Acupuncture[/URL].
[/LIST]
[/quote]

[quote][anchor=B2][U][B]Morning Peacock - [I]Variable Taijutsuu[/I][/B][/U][/anchor]
[IMG]http://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/Hachimon/EG5.jpg[/IMG]
A rapid blitz of strikes that are so quick in succession that they ignite the air around the Hachimon's fists through a combination of raw air friction and the chakra being used in the process for the attack.  Each strike carries with it the force of an explosion and is enough to bawk even the sturdiest of foes.

[I]Information[/I]

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] User strikes 5 times dealing 315/395 damage per strike at -1 Accuracy, with a +15%/30% chance to cause Suppression.  [I]Morning Peacock[/I] can cause Suppression up to 2/4 times per use rather than the normal limit of once.

[B]Cost:[/B] 2.25 AP and 715 CP

[LIST]
[*]The user must have at least 4 Chakra Gates active to use this technique.
[*]This Taijutsu subtype matches the weapon used for it.
[*]This Taijutsu technique can cause suppression regardless of the weapon type used.
[/LIST]
[/quote]

[quote][anchor=A1][U][B]Sure-Kill Strike - [I]Variable Taijutsu[/I][/B][/U][/anchor]
[IMG]http://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/Hachimon/EG6.jpg[/IMG]
A technique which has taken many forms over the years thanks to the varied masters of the Hachimon teachings, the Sure-Kill Strike is an attack which draws upon the incredible power of the Eight Gates to execute an extremely versatile technique.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites[/B] Hachimon, A-Rank

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] Base damage is 3,300/4,125. The user must select a Special Action.

[B]Special Action[/B] - [I]Daytime Tiger[/I]: This technique automatically triggers any Activated Auto-Dodge effects that the target has prepared in their conditionals before attempting to strike.

[B]Special Action[/B] - [I]Evening Elephant[/I]: This technique strikes 5 times dealing 660/825 damage per strike.  If [I]Evening Elephant[/I] is blocked by a barrier then one strike is ignored, the barrier is destroyed and the remaining strikes target the opponent as normal.

[B]Cost:[/B] 2.75 AP and 2060 CP

[I]Note:[/I]
[LIST]
[*]Only one Special Action may be chosen.
[*][I]Sure-Kill Strike[/I] can only be used once per round.
[*]The user must have at least 6 Chakra Gates active to use this technique.
[*][I]Daytime Tiger[/I] triggers the target's Activated Auto-Dodge(s) even if it wouldn't normally activate the opponent's conditional they set to use it with.
[/LIST]
[/quote]

[quote][anchor=S1][U][B]Night Guy - [I]S-Rank Variable Taijutsu[/I][/B][/U][/anchor]
[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9453/jvIR1p.jpg[/IMG]
Hachimon users are commonly thought of by martial artists as the supreme masters of unarmed combat and the Night Guy technique is a large portion of that reputation.  By condensing all of their chakra into a single limb of their body and then using the combined energy of all eight Chakra Gates the Hachimon is able to enter a state of intensity which blurs the line between possible and impossible.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites[/B] S-Rank, All Hachimon techniques mastered

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] Converts the user's life force into raw power and strikes a single time dealing 2,670/2940 damage at +1 Accuracy.  If [I]Night Guy[/I] is a Full Hit then it deals additional damage to the target equal to 7.5%/10% of the user's maximum HP and elevates the Called Shot penalties of a single one of the user's limbs to a special [B]Useless[/B] Called Shot Level.

[B]Cost:[/B] 3.75 AP and 3,740 CP

[I]Note(s):[/I]
[LIST]
[*]The user must have all 8 Chakra Gates active to use this technique.
[*]The additional damage caused by [I]Night Guy[/I] being a Full Hit cannot be reduced or increased by any effect.
[*]If [I]Night Guy[/I] hits a barrier then the additional damage is not dealt but the barrier is destroyed automatically.
[*][B]Useless[/B] uses the same penalties as [B]Broken[/B] status but cannot be healed for the remainder of the battle.
[*]If a limb which is already at [B]Broken[/B] status is selected, then it is rendered [B]Useless[/B] and another random limb has it’s Called Shot Level raised by 1.  This process repeats until a limb which was not already at [B]Broken[/B] status is selected.
[/LIST]
[/quote]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back