Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Happy Birthday

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I'm not sure whether to kick or pat myself on the back for what I've done. That is, have just given these kids a lifetime of daddy issues--really DADDY issues--from which they'll never, ever recover. They might even have it worse than I do, because my father was around at least part of the time, and sometimes he even brushed me when I needed it. Yet Natsu never once considered that his kids might need a good detangling sometimes, and probably wouldn't have cared either way.

I can tell that Prom Queen is troubled even more deeply than Shitty Junior. She's probably the type who takes great pains to internalize everything as some kind of crappy coping mechanism, whereas her sibling is classic Sanic The Edgehog. All in all, these are already troubled children who I've just invited into a world of hurt. The better angels of my nature want to cavort with glee, but the devil inside wants me to reach over and do something horrible like squeeze their hands to comfort them and tell them it'll be okay.

In the end, though, I have to take the righteous path and enjoy their suffering. Prom Queen manages to keep a steady hand as Goro the lawyer hands her the documents and shows her where to sign and initial. She in turn does the same for Shitty.

"With that," Goro announces with some relief, "our business is concluded for the day. Lady Setsuna, Lord Masaoko, your first payment from Lord Natsu may be either a credit to your accounts, or a cash advance, minus fees, taxes, and the Raikage's tithe."

"Cash up front," I answer immediately. Having currency in hand is always better than some nebulous promissory note, no matter who's backing it. "Always go for the lump sum in liquid assets, even if it's a smaller absolute amount," I admonish the siblings. A moment later, I cringe inside. I'm just their stupid unwilling babysitter, not some auntie.

Goro brings a smaller briefcase out of his legal bag of holding, which he sets on the table and unlocks. Inside sits a nice treasure pile of silver taels--those goofy but precious chunks of sterling that look like little Chinese hats. "Now, I bid you adieu. Takaki-san, we will be expecting your report at the first of the month."

"Yeah, seeya," I say and wave him off. I quickly snarf my last slider and chew thoughtfully while looking at the twins (now google-eyed at the treasure in front of them).

"Well?" I ask them finally. "Does a shitload of silver help ease off your resentment? They say money can't buy love, but I say they're probably wrong. Hell, you might even start liking your daddy a lot after you inevitably blow that pile on gambling and find yourself up to your eyeballs in debt with creditors lining up to tongue your assholes. Anyway, it's not my problem what you do with your newfound riches. As long as Yumers gets his cut and I don't have to talk with Natsu, I'll write whatever cockamamie shit you want me to, Prom Queen. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to begging. National security, you know."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There’d be conversations between him and his sister, but not now. Even he understood decorum to some degree. He was better off shouting and breaking things in the sanctity of his own home. It wasn’t that he was mad at Setsuna, in fact he understood that she had great plans for this money. Better plans than anyone could ever perceive at the given moment. The truth was, he felt as if they had just let their father win. He felt a bit like he had willingly climbed up a slippery slope. One he’d never reach the top of.

Even the weight of Setsuna’s hand in his gave him a sinking feeling. The situation didn’t sit right with him, but he was beyond salvation. He watched silently as his sister signed away their lives. He just hoped they weren’t roping themselves into obligations beyond their sight at present.

Masaoko glared at Saeko, wondering if it felt good to be so morally detached from the situation? She seemed not to care for anyone but herself, but this was all that Masaoko could gather from their first of many meetings. It was then that he thought of her connection to the family. She knew their father, biblically, but what of their mother? It was perhaps the first time he truly thought about her.

She had to be beautiful like Setsuna. And smart like her probably. Graceful…

Maybe Masaoko really did just take after their shitty father.

He listened to Saeko once more as she taunted them behind that pile of silver taels. She really didn’t get it, did she? He felt his face get hot with anger. He pushed out on his chair, rising up like white hot flame after an explosion.

I’m out of here. I’ll talk to you later, Sis…” He grumbled. Ignoring whatever both women would say, he made his way towards the door. Pausing one last time before exiting, he spoke,

Happy Birthday.

[Topic Left]​

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Happy Birthday."

They were never happy, but at least this time it was interesting. The gift was nice and she would put it to good use. However, Setsuna postulated that more good than bad would result from what had been decided that day, even if there were most definitely unforeseen consequences of the decision.

One such consequence was the mystery that was her mother. She was supposed to be some native woman who had died and now she was... something else. Why keeps secrets about her if she was just a commoner. Options lay before her; choices needed to be made.

She bid the others farewell and made her way back home to remove a dress that had increasingly become annoying to wear. After that who knew? The world just got a lot bigger.
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back