Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Hato's Progression, Defying Gravity?! [Tutor - Hato]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was a balmy, temperate day at the Shinku estate. The blazing sun cast down comforting, warm rays of light which illuminated the interior of the estate. Like polished sapphires the sun would cause the water from the large pond, located in the back yard area of the estate, to refract the sun's glow with abundant shimmering. It was here that Kaen waited, near the pond. A granite bench was crafted and placed near the south shore of the pond, a grand tree loomed overhead that provided adequate shade below. It had been a few weeks since Hato agreed to come and stay with him, here at the estate. Kaen felt it high time to teach the fledgling something useful, something to give him an edge in his studies at the academy. He had informed Hato the previous night of his intentions to train him, but he did not specify exactly what they would be doing today. And so he waited, catching up on his studies of local fauna. The pugilist scorpion was most interesting, and it's venom seemed like just the thing the Anbu could utilize to restore their stores of various poisons they kept on hand. But this was a mission, and an adventure, for another day. A small gust of wind would pick up and send small ripples across the serene, even plane of water. Leaves rustled overhead, to which Kaen would look upwards in a relaxing manner. A glimmer of light pierced the leaves and lit his crimson eyes ablaze, in a metaphorical fashion of course. That would be ridiculous if his eyes suddenly caught on fire...

[OOC Topic started/entered]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He was really up most of the night, already excited about spending time with his father, already learning things. He was through the roof, but half the night he was still knocked out to snooze.
The next morning he was slow starting up. Snuggling his pillow he eventually got up, his shirt a size too big so he could grow it in. It was Blitz that reminded the boy that he was needed to get up and start doing some stuff. "Y-yeah..." he would rub his eyes and slowly get to the point where he got dressed and did his hair. He placed the rubber band and would get to the point where he walked down the place. "Now where is he..."He would mutter and do stay clear of Chi's place. He often found her there... without fur. "Daaad?" he called out in the kitchen without much luck... He started to roam the place a little bit more until he would be close. But as soon as he got outside he found himself a butterfly. With an instinct, the boy would chase it and soon caught it. He had gotten a smudge on his face from the attempts. But he held it in his hands, his hands like a ball so it would have space in there. "Blitz... be a good boy and find dad." With a second in between the canine planted his nose on the ground and sniffled his way towards Kaen. "Dad dad, Look what I got!" He would happily cheer and wash;t sure if it was okay to get close, so he stood there a few meters away. A distance till he got the OK. he was already careful about pets from his father... "Can I get closer..?" he asked soft a moment later.

[1/5]
[Wc: 299]
[TWC: 299/1500]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In the distance Kaen would hear a familiar voice resound across the courtyard. "Dad dad, Look what I got!" It was Hato, with Blitz just a few yards ahead of him bee-lining it straight for Kaen. He would tilt his head back down to gaze at the gleeful visage of his son, Hato. It was such a surreal dealing, knowing you are a father, having that connection that you couldn't have with anyone else. Since childhood the only family he had was Kasen. But not anymore...

"What?" Kaen would reply with a puzzled tone. "Of course you can, don't be silly Hato." He would place the book down on the bench and rose up from his seated position. Taking a few steps closer towards Hato and knelt down to scratch Blitz just under his chin. "Well good morning you tiny ball of floof." This may have been the first time he ever talked like that, in that cliche baby-like voice people often spoke like to small animals. Maybe it was an instinctual, nurturing thing that humans had? Certainly wasn't the Flame Court within.

"I trust you slept well, Hato? Have you eaten yet? I don't want you training on an empty stomach." He would continue to pet the small dog as he knelt down. In the off chance his answer was no, Kaen would pull out a small bag from his pocket. Tossing the bag towards Hato, who hopefully could catch, he would find a number of small, brown orbs within. "They're food pills. They taste like crap but they fill you up. You would probably only need one." Standing back up he would turn his attention fully to Hato. He would wait for him to get done eating the pill, should he choose to, and would then continue.

"So, I'm sure you're very curious about what I'm going to try and teach you today." As he spoke he would walk towards the pond. "What may appear natural and easy to some, the feat can actually be quite difficult to master. Don't be disheartened if you can't get it right away, but if you're my son I'm sure you will figure it out with ease." During the sentence he would start walking on the surface of the water, his footsteps causing light ripples to bounce to and fro. Standing at the center of the pond he would turn and face Hato. "Are you ready to learn to defy gravity and walk on water?!" He would say this with an excited tone, pumped up with determination and energy.

[2/5]
[Wc: 427]
[TWC: 698/1500]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Blitz was really glad with the attention he was gaining at this point. The scratches and what not more. Slowly the young ginger opened up his hands, revealing what he had inside of there. The butterfly was dazzled by the sudden light again and just sat there on the palm of his hand. Hato would grin really big and look towards his father, he was really glad to see that the butterfly didn't fly away. However, the small grey canine beside Hato had a different idea. The pupper had gotten to the age where it became really curious how everything tasted. Hato already had a few chew marks and had to hit Blitz for it. Hato moved slow to not scare the creature off on his hand to eat one of them, giving already enough of an answer to the fact that he didn't had eaten. "PFuwah... they really do fill up." He commented on it and within seconds, the male canine grabbed the butterfly from Hato's hand. A bit of drool was left on his hand... Seconds it was silent while Blitz spat it out, it lay there motionless. Obviously it held no life inside of it anymore. He breathed in, breathed out. Most children would cry regards this matter... but not Hato, he knew life came with death, and at such a young age, he didn't fear it. "Blitz..." His voice would be simply monotone. The canine would shrink a bit and actually try to hide behind Kaen at this point. The boy held a soft grin, trying to stay nice towards his father. "You can throw him in the pond and he can learn it also." Mercy..? Not at this point given. From seconds he wasn't that cheerfully, but despite the moment what had happened, he tried to remain optimistic. "Hm-!! I am ready! Just throw it at me! I can learn!" He tried to sound cheerful, but there was still a hint of anger lingering underneath. Blitz was remaining silent and almost non-moving at the moment. He knew how feisty Hato could become, and even though the boy was merciful at times, the canine did remember the afternoon running laps. "Just a second..." The boy eventually did ask, grabbed Blitz by the fur in the neck like the mother dog would do, place him inside and locked the door. "his timeout like that... I changed my mind, he won't get treats rest of the day... I originally wanted to chase him scolding... I learned a few in the hospital... but now is not the time... please teach me."

[2/5]
[WC: 434]
[TWC: 733/1500]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It's a simple hard truth about the world, one that all eventually learn whether they care to or not. To be fair Kaen had barely even noticed the tiny insect perish by Blitz's hand, or mouth rather. It wasn't until Hato stood there partially desensitized to the situation, only taking deep breaths as if processing what had just happened. Darkness would not take the boy this day as he, for the most part, calmly proposed that Blitz also learn to walk on water. Kaen would chuckle; "That's not a bad idea, he could probably use a bath anyway." He was of course teasing, doing his best to keep this lighthearted. "Perfect," He would start, now that Hato had dealt with his naughty doggo, and was ready.

"Now there is a chance I'm trying to push you too fast, and too hard. This technique is actually very difficult to master. Eventually it can become like second nature, but starting is... complicated. It may be best to start with something easier, like learning to walk on solid surfaces, like a wall or a tree. Would you like to start with that, or get your feet wet with the hard stuff?" Kaen may have been expecting too much of Hato and his abilities. Though he was his own flesh and blood, his son, he may not have the natural talent or affinity for these things. Hato grew up being nurtured by a human mother, while Kaen was experimented on and forced to grow his abilities and skills to escape that bondage.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
the boy was thinking a bit... "The training involves focusing a fixed amount of chakra to the bottom of one's feet and using that to climb a tree or wall without using hands. If the stream of chakra that the person uses is too weak, the user will lose their footing on the tree and fall off..." He was recalling it from his class. "If it is too strong, the user will be pushed away from the tree or wall, causing the object to break around the point of contact and the user will fall." He would look towards his dad to see if he had it right. "the water walking one is a lot harder, the person has to be emitting a constant stream of chakra from the bottom of their feet and using the repellent force to walk across the water's surface. This is a lot harder to master than the Tree Climbing because of the number of chakra changes constantly." He would set a foot on the wall, he already knew this one. Even though it wasn't as strong, he made a crack in the wall. but did stick to it. "I always feel like a gecko when doing this... The other day when I met Chi... she was in the water... and funny even, I was being chased by mean people. I ran to the water and got almost drenched. I really find this part less difficult, but the water there was difficult. I haven't tried since then... and to be honest, I was mainly trying to focus on getting safe... But I went knee-deep at least." He would comment and lean on his hand while standing on the wall. "This part is sort of understand? Just the moving bits not.. Blitz can already stand perfectly on water though... I just don't get it"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
To his great surprise Hato would explain the exact process behind it all. In fact he explained it so well that Kaen wasn't even sure if he was going to be able to teach him anything at all. Hell, Hato should be teaching him at this rate. What's worse, or better I suppose, is Hato could already walk on flat surfaces with relative ease. There was however a rather large sized crack in the side of his wall, but he didn't even care. It was amazing! For as young and inexperienced as Hato was it was astonishing to see him already having this much of a grip on chakra, literally. "Where did you learn this from, the academy?" For the longest time he thought that place was a waste of time, a place for stupid people to go. But he was quickly beginning to change his tune regarding the usefulness of such academic influence. "That really is incredible, Hato. I'm impressed!"

Praise and positive reinforcement. This was not something Kaen had growing up, or ever really had at all. Save but a few times from his own sister, he didn't get a lavish, comfortable upbringing. There was a great many things that were negative in his childhood, Kaen would do his best to ensure his own son wouldn't have to bear such unfortunate circumstances. "You're exactly correct though. You've already got the hang of it, so walking on water should be a cinch." Kaen proceeded to the edge of the water and waved Hato to join him. "Since you already have the hang of things I don't have to explain too much, here," Extending an open hand he would gesture for Hato to take it. "I will hold your hand and help you out on to the surface. Since I'm a pro already you won't have to worry about falling in, just hold on to me if you start to lose focus or get scared." He wasn't insinuating that Hato was easily frightened. I suppose it was more of a paternal thing, giving the reassurance that he was here for him if he needed him.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He stood there on the wall looking towards him. "Uhu... they taught me... But I got really laughed at... in the class, I kept failing on it, so that is what I was late that one time home.." He would slowly speak as he was practicing a whole lot.
Slowly he would come down from the wall and follow his father.

The boy stared for a moment to the water, his father's hands... There more going in then he would tell. Hato feared the water that wasn't in a bathtub or shower, heck even in a regular glass of water. He never had learned how to swim and yet the boy was one time in big trouble because of that.
The young one swallowed and decided his father would have him. Slight trembling he would reach out for the hands, and as he had hold of a few fingers. (His hands small) He held on like it was his life.
Small tears started to gather in the ginger's eyes yet he bravely went further. First step near water...second step near water. The third step and he stood on the water, fourth step and he sunk a bit in. A small sharp breath was followed and he started to lose focus by fear of going under. Without him noticing it he tightened his grip on his father. His breath started to shake and eventually, he sank in when he went backward with feet. "I can't I can't!" He started to yelp out, this wasn't the fear of standing on the water, but the fear of going down under.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed Hato had difficulty among his peers at school, not with the actual academics mind you, but with the other students. This however, and unfortunately, was just something Hato would have to figure out on his own. Life is never fair, and the people of this world are even more immoral and cruel. To survive in this world you needed a hardened outlook on life and the inhabitants of this world. Once you understand that they are nothing more than insects in comparison to your own might and innate prowess it didn't matter. Peons could never rise above the status of a Flame Court Ancient. But alas, Hato's exact genetic makeup was unknown and a complete mystery. It was entirely possible that the Ancient gene was not passed on. Hopefully their training sessions together could close the gap between Hato and his peers at least enough to garner some respect from them.

While apprehensive, Hato would follow his father's prompts and reach out with a trembling hand to take Kaen's. His hands were small in comparison, Hato was smaller, even for his age. Kaen was not the tallest around, but still managed to keep his head above the majority of people. Perhaps in his teen years Hato's growth will accelerate. That or he would take after his mother who was short herself. Hato's grasp was like a death grip, his innate terror slowly building as he edged forward. Slightly cocking his head to the right in confusion, a concerned look began to show in his eyes. Was Hato... crying?

Still the tears formed in the corners of the young Shinku's eyes, more so as he took his 3rd and 4th step onto the surface of the water. The forth step caused him to falter a bit, his feet sinking just a few inches below the surface of the water. A small gasp escaped Hato's lips as inner thoughts incited only more fear and reluctancy to continue. His tiny hands gripped him with a strength that nearly surprised his father, Kaen's worries for Hato's mental health grew. He didn't understand what the problem was. And then suddenly Hato began to step backwards causing his focus to wane and diminish completely causing him to fall into the water. Thankfully they were still very near the shore and the water only made it up to his knees, but it didn't matter to Hato.

"I can't I can't!" With his free hand he would try to catch Hato, but he was already out of his reach and retreating backwards in-land. Not used to training someone other than Anbu recruits who already mastered novice skills such as this, Kaen's confusion only grew. With a tinge of frustration in his voice he stepped back onto dry land towards Hato. "I don't understand. What do you mean you can't? You were on the surface, you were doing it. And why are you crying?" Perhaps that was a bit insensitve, but that's really just who he was. It wasn't as if he meant to be so thoughtless, he just wasn't accustomed to the needs, fears, and wants of young children. He had a lot of work to do as a father, a lot of learning to do as well. But where and who could he even learn this sort of thing from? Usually it was the parents that instilled such values, but both of his were dead before he was even close to Hato's age.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His breathing had speed up, he felt his heart beat faster than ever before. His body was warm for his own feeling and the tears were there. As Kaen grabbed hold of him, he just wanted to hold on. His body language was easy to notice. He was shaking, even trembling. His mouth was open to getting more air in, as he looked for a second towards Kaen, you could see his eyes were wide. His reaction to the fear wasn't freezing on the spot but actually still managed to move that moment.
As he stood there, if possible against his father seeking comfort, otherwise wrapping arms around himself. He tried to speak but at the moment there was no voice coming out. He would try to get himself a more 'stable' situation. 'You are out there, dad's here. He won't let that happen again. He is here.' Slowly his breathing became normal, but explaining his fear didn't remain easy. Slowly his body started to calm down, the trembling stopped and he felt secure enough to let his body relax a bit more. As he eyes the water, he started to mumble. At first, there was no clear sense of it. But after a few seconds, he would check his own hands which were still shaking. "The water, I don't want to drown again." He eventually shouted out and made himself small, scared to get punished or anything. The fact he already spoke about it, made it that he trusted kaen enough for it.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
On the verge of what appeared to be a nervous breakdown, Hato's demeanor and composure continued to diminish. But just as it seemed that all was lost, the young boy pulled himself together and tried his best to relax. The trembling ceased to a degree, but the tears continued to come. Hato would attempt to convey his feelings, his personal thoughts regarding the issue. At first only muffled sounds escaped as the mumbling boy had yet to find his tongue. "The water, I don't want to drown again." Immediately Kaen approached Hato and knelt down beside him. "Come here," He would start, attempting to wrap his arms around Hato and hold him close. "I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry." His apology was genuine, paternal instincts seemed to take over in this instant allowing him to try and resolve the issue. "It's ok to cry, I do it myself from time to time." Kaen was doing his best to console the frightened boy, however he could. "Do you want to talk about it, about the water, about your accident?" Kaen was of course referring to the drowning incident as this was news to him. That being said, there really wasn't all that much that Kaen really knew about his son, perhaps he could try and remedy that in the near future. But for now it was time for damage control and re-stabilization.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After his words, something happened that he didn't have in a long time. "It's ok to cry, I do it myself from time to time." He was surprised to hear to somewhat, his father didn't seem to be like that. "Really?" He questioned at it and started to rub his eyes who seemed puffy and red. He was slowly calming down as his father was with him. "Mom took me to a place... it was big, and I don't know how exactly, but I fell in the water. And before I know I couldn't get up, something was above me and I couldn't. Then everything was black and I later woke up in the grass. I remember coughing a lot and them being glad. Mom hugged me very tightly." His words were small, he was obviously young when this had happened, so the boy didn't really have a recollection of how this had happened. The truth was to be told, they were by a boatshed from one of the villagers. They were supposed to take a boat trip, but the wood was slippery. The boy fell in and managed to get under the boats in the shed. There was so small current, that by the time that the boy was possible to get up, he was already motionless. The villager had jumped in and performed CPR on the small body until it had sprung alive.

Slowly he would hug Kaen back and didn't say much, except a small sorry that was escaping his lips. He felt sorry for that he was 'weak'. "Mom always taught me, big men don't cry... They are strong and durable... Are you strong? Even if we boys cry?"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Really?" Hato replied, a touch of uncertainty could be felt in the young boy's tone. "Of course!" His father would reply, attempting to mitigate the self-doubt manifesting within Hato. It helped, to a degree, enough to allow the young Shinku to tell his tale and divulge a personal event, the time Hato drowned. From what he could tell Hato must have been fairly young, young enough for this to leave a lasting impression upon the small statured boy to the point of fear manifesting itself to this degree. "Wow, that sounds like it must have been really scary." The new red-headed father would try to validate the emotions Hato must have been feeling, or at least felt at the time this story had occurred.

Kaen would feel Hato relinquish his apprehension towards physical contact with his father and settled into Kaen's chest for the duration of the warm embrace. The young boy felt small and frail in comparison to the muscular, battle hardened warrior Kaen had become. He could feel the fragility and human nature about the boy, and it scared Kaen. He had found new purpose this day, another reason to keep going, to keep fighting, to keep pushing the limits. But most of all, keeping the role of protector. Kasen had long since advanced beyond the legitimate need for Kaen's guardian like gaze on her life. She was a grown woman full of potential herself. And now that she and Kaen were nobility among the people of Sunagakure there was little actual need for Kaen to play the role of an overprotective big brother. That ship had sailed and now Hato's had come into port.

He heard the lightly audible 'sorry' escape Hato's lips as he sought sanctuary in Kaen's arms. This only made Kaen squeeze tighter, he could feel Hato's need, his frustrations, his fear, his longing for more. Pulling Hato away from his chest he would hold him in his grasp with one hand as the other reached up to wipe a tear from Hato's cheek. "You've nothing to be sorry for, Hato. This is all part of learning and growing."
Again he would try to console the young boy, urging the flow of this conversation back towards a more positive direction. "Your mother always did have some funny philosophical ideas. But let me tell you this much. Crying doesn't mean you are weak, Hato." Kaen would placea finger under Hato's chin and raise it up to where there eyes could meet. "It means you have a heart. And knowing you have that means you can love, which in turn means you can express your passion. And love, young Hato, is the strongest passion someone can express. Especially when you have something to protect." Kaen would rise back up and tower over the short, young boy that was his son, Hato. "As long as I am around I will protect you. I won't let you fall, I won't let you drown." Surely this was a lot to take in all at once, especially from someone who up until a few weeks ago was a total stranger. But Hato was Kaen's family now, which entitled him to as much care and love he would express towards Kasen. Holding out his hand towards Hato he would offer his aid once more. "So what do you say, Hato? Would you like to try again?" Yes, he would keep pushing Hato forward until he succeeded. Once you taste victory for the first time you only crave the next win even more.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"You've nothing to be sorry for, Hato. This is all part of learning and growing." His father said as he stood there, letting him wipe away his tears. He didn't really look at him, but once his chin was lifted he did look to him. His dual-colored eyes met his father's crimson-colored ones. His motivational speech was enough to make him smile little, even if it was a little it still was something. He rubbed his eyes once more and nodded. He wanted to try again with him.

The first try he was rather unstable, he would sink in and hold his breath. but after that spike of fear subsided, and he tried again. It did go better. At first, he sank with his soles. The second step too, but as he tried to focus on the walking. It did go better than before. But as they went further, there was a part where the boy did lose control and sank deep again. He was glad Kean caught him in that moment as he took a few breaths before he had the guts to go again.

This time, however, he was doing good he slowly took steps ON that water, instead of in it. There was still a small hiccup here or there, but the boy eventually felt secure enough to stand on his own in the shallow water and he could stand without a problem on the water itself. "I did it dad!" He shouted happy, but jumping on the water, was still a thing apart. It didn't go rightfully, but that would come with time. He already beat his fear for shallow water, as he finally understood he just could stand in it, it wouldn't raise higher too.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hato would take a figurative, courageous step in the right direction agreeing to try again. He even managed to get him to start smiling again, a feat not easily accomplished by one such as Kaen. And so once again the pair would proceed to the serene, still pond just a short distance away. Hato's fear would again well up and threaten to overflow as it had done before, but Hato managed to keep his composure in check and stabilize himself to a degree. Again and again the young Shinku would try, each time better than the last. His forward momentum would be a testament to all who might have seen, symbolizing that no matter the issue there is still hope. If there is a will, there is a way, you simply must learn to overcome it. But that takes practice and persistence, and a willing spirit of course. In the end Kaen's son, the young and admirable Hato, stood victorious against the scourge known as the pond's surface!

"I did it dad!" Filled to the brim with excitement and elation Hato would proclaim his success to the world. Well, mostly his father, but surely at the very least the neighbors heard him. Overflowing with jubilant energy he would jump for joy, only to quickly realize jumping was a whole other lesson to be learned in itself. But just as Kaen promised, he was there to catch him as his focus waned. Thankfully his son was small in stature and was easily held in his strong grasp. "See?! I knew you could do it." With his shinobi strength Kaen would toss Hato in the air with excitement, catching him easily as he came back down. With his son in his arms he would walk back to solid ground and let Hato down. "I'm really proud of you, Hato. Your future is full of incredible potential, and I can't wait to be there every step of the way with you." Kaen would kneel down as he said this. "I'm really glad we found each other, son..." And with that he would pull Hato in for another hug, his fiery Ancient aura sending warming waves towards the young boy. After an appropriate amount of time for a hug Kaen would stand back up and place a hand over Hato's shoulder. "Now I think a reward is in order. How do you feel about ice cream?" He knew this was a rhetorical question as his red-headed son would most assuredly say yes. And so the Shinku pair would find their way towards the nearest, or most favorite ice cream parlor and treat Hato to a most delicious afternoon.

[OOC topic left, tutor complete, 3,157/1,500 WC, exceeded 5 posts]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I'm really proud of you, Hato. Your future is full of incredible potential, and I can't wait to be there every step of the way with you." The boy was amazed by himself, but even more by his father as how he did with the little time they had so far. The boy was giggling and cheering for him also. "I'm really glad we found each other, son..." He hugged the other tight back as he made little giggle sounds. "No you are amazing." Yet he was also proud of his own achievements and once his father mentioned Ice... the boy could already have been on the other side of the suna city. "Come-on!!" He chippered happily regards the fact they would be getting ice cream. "Blitz! Icecream! Dad is going to treat us! Hurry!" And with that the canine also came outside to join them into the icecream joys.

WC: 151
TWC: 2282 / 1500
Topics posts: 8 / 5
Topic left, thank you so much for doing this tutor

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back