Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

He Who Watches Water

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Susumu was somewhere in Soon's. The heir to the Daimyo was ... a ... uhm ... strange individual. Yet he was someone that the Kazekage could socialize with. As awkward as it was. It was something different. Sousuke had the fuzzy pink cuffs Susumu had given him stored away. He understood the use of the object. It was just ... well, the application of using them with Yume was ... difficult? Odd? Weird? Maybe he should have just given them to Rioshi. Men seemed to swarm her like maggots swarming carrion. Sousuke didn't know exactly what to do with them, so he merely kept them. Locked up and safe. Either way, Sousuke had him summoned from whatever ... oddity he was in. Probably a whore house of some sort, or maybe a harem, or even a strip club. Did he honestly beleive Susumu would come? Not really. The heir was occupied with his ... collection of magazines, of small clothes belonging to the other gender, and his overall obession with the other sex. Sousuke would admit women were pretty, but at the same time his mind was mainly numbers, data, records, and so on and so forth.

Sousuke sat overlooking Soon's harbour which ultimately reached out to the ocean. Sousuke didn't appreciate the ocean during his 'research' with the people from before. It was something he had not seen. The ocean that is. Was it worth seeing? It was something indeed worth seeing, more or less due to it being so very expansive and large. Katuso had seen many things during his time, and Sousuke had seen little. Well, what Katuso had seen rather was worldly. Sousuke on the other hand had always been in Sungakure. He was used to the underground. He was growing used to the new Sungakure. Water? Well. He saw water come out of the taps. He saw water in a glass. Had he seen a body of water before? No. That is why was refreshing. Sousuke simply stood there overlooking the water. Watching ships come and go. Watching the movements of the water. It was fluid. Continuous. Sure, Sousuke could have had Yume summon water, but that movement was not natural. It was forced, that is because it was at the will of another instead of truly being natural.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sousuke would eventually find the heir apparent, it was not particularly hard because he was living up his status as the next in line. There was a number of women surrounding the young man, but the locale was somewhat unexpected. Soon's Harbor, not some love hotel or harem. The smell of salty waters and fish was overwhelming and dark grey waters lapped against the shore. There was a congregation of fishmongers and curious consumers at the far end. They were buzzing with questions, most of them inane but there were also offers and propositions being made. The kind that would likely be best left to the privacy of one's home. He did not seem to reciprocate their advances and he actually seemed to be the antithesis of the man Sousuke had encountered months earlier. He would easily recognize the man, we was taller than average with lanky proportions of a teen that has not perhaps finished growing. His trademark pearly eyes from the Hyuuga house and his pallid skin made him stand apart from many of the working class people that surrounded him. He was well-dressed in a simple button-down shirt and a pair of dress slacks that appeared to have been freshly pressed considering the anterior creases. He was free of any jewelery less a golden chain weighted down by an unseen pendant and a pair of glasses that he seemed to be nervously pushing up the bridge of his nose as the good people of Soons Haven converged on him. He looked like he was reading or at the very least trying to.

He would recognize Sousuke possibly before Sousuke saw the epicenter of the crowd and he would call out to the Kazekage. "Kazekage Takahashi, it is good to see you could make it to my sister's wedding," he announced as he clapped his book closed and removed the spectacles from his face and slid them into his breast pocket. He gestured for the crowd to part, astonishingly for the most part they did and he approached Sousuke as if he was greeting an old friend. If Sousuke allowed him, he would cup his 'friend's hands in his own and greet him civilly. It was not a traditional Sunan greeting that they shared, this handshake was something he had learned in Tea Country. Regardless of a tactile union or lack thereof, Susumu would give Sousuke a thin, almost mischievous smile. "No security?" He commented as he looked past Kazekage. There was nobody behind him that seemed associated with him. Nobody wore the regalia of Sunagakure in close proximity and while there were a number of wide-eyed stares that seemed to follow the shinobi leader they did not seem to be associated directly with the man per Susumu's initial preliminary assessment. His smile widened, "...good."

He took a step back from Sousuke and he cupped his hands around his mouth and announced as loud as he possibly could. "Hey, aren't you single Kazekage Takahashi Sousuke!?!" He let out a low, barely audible chuckle as many of the women and a few of the men turned their attention to Sousuke. Not all of their interests were romantic, in fact most were fiscal. Many of these people did not see the 'tribute' the Kazekage had taken from the streets but many of them knew him as the "Mad King" and he was feared for that but he was also a man of 'power' because of those rumors. Soons Haven was a plutocracy in every manner, resources were not limited to finances but that was the most tangible form of resource and the Kazekage would have lots of power.

So yes, Sousuke would be the center of attention and Susumu would attempt to fade into the crowd.

"I have a single daughter."

"I am single"

"Do you have any shinobis who would be interested in some work?"

"I would love to meet with you on some trade agreements. I have the best fish in town."

"You look real sexy in those pants, but they would look better on my floor."

Yes, Susumu was making his escape, not from the Kazekage but rather from the crowd. Much like surviving a sandworm attack, always make sure you bring someone with you that is not as fast in case you need to run.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke knew that Susumu wasn't reading. Something was going on in that man's mind. The entire family proved to be smarter than they looked. The only thing left was the sister, who he had not met. Well at the very least he was not ... wearing something that screamed indecent unlike his behavior months ago. Sousuke sucked on his lower lip as he was making his usual round of obersations. The black armour clad Kazekage was pleased with the fact he was not being called the 'Mad King' at this moment. It was a very annoying thing that happened to him. Fear was powerful, but it was something Sousuke did not like using.

Susumu addressed him properly. Sousuke was having a difficult time with the infernal title. He was never born to have it, but he had taken it because of the situation that he was trapped in. He had to take the mantle of leadership because things needed to be done in Sand. People had grown tired of his rule of Steward Kazekage. He was all but Kazekage in name in times past. No security? "Not quite."<i></i> Sousuke's summoning contracts had the uncanny ability to manifest on their own and not on his will. Sousuke suspected he was one of the few in the world who had this problem. Sousuke stared at Susumu not with fear in his eyes, but curiosity as he cupped his mouth with his very large hand. Susumu was taller than Sousuke, but he was not quite as lean as Sousuke was. For Science. He decided to let this continue. Sousuke then rolled his eyes as Susumu roared out that he was single which he wasn't. Maybe Sousuke should have declared he was married or betrothed to a woman of the Inuzuka heritage. Maybe he should have ... detailed something like ... that she was a great humanoid fox woman who was in fact a great trickster demon or something of the like that he had just barely outwitted before falling to her wily charms.

Now then. How to escape this. That was going to be the difficult part. It would require cunning and charm. He lacked the later, but he had the former. The first was the single daughter. "I am certain your single daughter is excellent in all characteristics."<i></i> Hopefully that worked. Now next, the issue of the single individual who was probably a woman. "You might be single, but I am in fact ... in a relationship with a Beast-Woman of Inuzuka descent. She may be prowling the landscape, I fear for your health."<i></i> Okay maybe not the best way but a way to handle things. Now then the work. "Yes. Please give me an outline of the work you have to offer, I will overview them and provide you with a timely response."<i></i> He answered. Alright. Good. Open business. Sungakure is here to help. Let us rebuild the covenant with the people. Fish. Fish. Okay now this person. "Are you of relation to Maki Shin? Do you think you think yourself a superior Supreme Fish Monger? Let's consider trade."<i></i> Apply personality. People like that, don't they? Yes. Good. One thinks it to be good? Now the last one. Oh this one was going to be hard. "I believe my betrothed would curse you with bad luck if that were to happen. Do you want to fall victim to a hex for the rest of your natural life? More so than that -- I am not single."<i></i> Maybe building Yume up into something of a mystical terror might be a good thing?

MFT 600

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Susumu was in fact reading, he was the bookworm of the family. It was part of what made him different from the rest, he sought information in the way some sought love, power or justice. That was why he was sent away to tea Country, to pursue their great libraries and learn all he could. It was a fascination that became an addiction for him in his distant youth as he forgone the childish things that most young men experience. There was always a sense of idle disappointment in his mind and heart, he was the black sheep in a matter of speaking but it made him no less dangerous, perhaps it made him moreso.

His escape was far from elaborate, show the people something shiny to divert their attention so that he might slip away. Away from their needy, distracting gaze.

Sousuke was not seamlessly ending their exchanges, rather he was beckoning them to stay. Yes, he would allow a deal to be brokered. He had a girlfriend, not a wife -- there was still a chance. He described her as an awful creature, he would be better off without her. In fact it would be their patriotic duty to do so. The long fingers of one of the middle aged women that crowded Sousuke's personal space attempted to pinch the Kazekage's derriere. He was quite popular with the ladies and some of the gentlemen. It was something he would likely have to endure most of his natural life.

Susumu let out a laugh. "Good job Stew-Kage," he let out a low laugh as he waved his hand farewell. Sousuke should know better than to just stroll up on a man. He was a cute enough sort, even by Susumu's tastes but alas he was rejected as so many others were. It was a shame, he was sure that he could teach the Kazekage a thing or two. "If you ever get out of there, you should find me at Brewagakure. It is a pub on the waterfront."

His offer was far from a secret, but it mattered little. The place he was taking Sousuke to was quite... special IF he could find it.

Sousuke just received an invitation for an adventure IF he could escape the crowd.

Susumu scurried off to a place unknown.

[Topic Left]

I am on shift for the next few. When ready i will send you on an adventure to find Brewgakure.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would try very hard to deal with the people before him. This was going to be far trickier than the occasion where he tried to interview people. They were not fearful of him, which was good for the most part. "Stew-Kage. That is a term only one other has referred to me as."<i></i> He answered Susumu as he was beginning to broker out some minor trade with a fish merchant. He was selling, Sousuke was willing to buy. There was some haggling involved, but Sousuke was cutting the deal, he was slicing it down and making it more beneficial for both parties. A positive sum game was always better than a negative sum game. "Brewgakure? Sounds delight. I do hope they carry some darker ales."<i></i> Sousuke added as Susumu was getting away from him. This was unfortunate. He didn't even get to speak with to Susumu about the one thing had had infact been bugging him. It was a puzzle of sorts, a social and a political one involving the Miroku clan. Susumu, Sousuke would admit, was his superior in certain realms of thought and logic. How very vexxing it was that his brother was Shouki. All three of them were intellectually superior than most in certain realms. The good thing about Susumu? He wasn't nearly as difficult as Shouki, so far at least. Sousuke did not enjoy playing Shouki's games, but he had no choice, especially when he wanted to beat him.

Sousuke was pinched on the behind. His expression soured as his eyes widened for a moment. "Madam, that is sexual harassment. That is not necessary here!"<i></i> He spoke denouncing her. "Are you trying to man-handle me like some would-be politician who has recently damaged his election by speaking of the opposite gender in a vulgar manner?!"<i></i> He countered raising a disapproving eyebrow. His tone was monotone of course, which probably wasn't going to help him here. "Pinch me once more Madam, and I will inform your husband and or boyfriend. Disloyalty to the spouse and or partner is a most deplorable offence!"<i></i> He added ... trying this time to add some personality to his words. It was exceptionally difficult mind you.

Sousuke with tact, and cunning was ultimately able to disperse some of the crowd, while trying to make his way to the pub. A difficult find it would be, considering he had in fact attracted more and more people while walking out briskly. Sousuke hated the media. He hated being popular. This was a game he was not prepared for, but he was playing it and getting better at it!

[Topic left, to the pub indeed]

[MFT 435]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back