Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Healing a Young Spirit [Open]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The room was mostly silent hearing only the loud beeping noises of the machine that was keeping Tensai alive. Shin was sitting at the far corner near an open window. The white rays of the sun beamed into the room revealing what Shin was doing. He was reading Tensai's chart for the past hour trying to figure out what had gone wrong during the the illusion. Apparently, Tensai was was suffering from a diagnosed disease that was afflicting his body since he was born. It was remarkable that at this stage he was still able to perform his normal activities.

"Most curious. Shin thought to himself as he placed the charts on his lap. There was more to the boy than what appeared.

Shin looked over the boy laying on the medical bed waiting to see when he would wake up.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tensai had never been what one could have considered a lucky soul. The passed few months alone were explicit in making that reality a well-known fact to the youngster. After having had to wait so long due to familial customs before enrolling in the academy, after having to wait for weeks due to what appeared a shortage of staff at the academy...After all that, he would not only be given the opportunity to leave his first impression on the Raikage, but he'd also fail right before arguably the most important person in all of Kumogakure.

While he had been slumped over, clutching his chest and resisting his body's urge to writhe in pain, his mind became filled with thoughts of failure and inadequacy. It was a little out of the ordinary perhaps, to be in what felt like a life or death situation, but be more concerned with how weak you appeared to someone else instead of saving your own life. Fear wasn't what wrapped itself around his spirit whilst he faded away, but anger and disappointment within himself.

As he went down, his eyes darted about and a recollection of events emerged within his psyche. He could remember approaching his instructor, and a detail or two about their conversation...The unveiling of the man as the Raikage, among other things. However; he certainly wouldn't remember divulging the fact that he himself intended to reach for that title one day. It was during his painful descent to the floor that he finally put the pieces together of the mystery, and supposed he had been put into a test of sorts...Only to be unable to see it all the way though.

The chart Shin would read, would give the Raikage the knowledge that the illusion itself had nothing to do with the youth's terrible episode. It was merely a case of teaching the wrong student at the wrong time, and having to bear witness to the child's suffering. The disease he suffered from didn't act up much, but whenever it did the aftermath seemed to threaten to rip him away from the world of the living without mercy. His mother's father had actually died from the same strange illness, a violent failure of the heart that put him to rest for eternity. Still, Tensai seemed to have an odd sort of resiliency that bordered on simply strange...For his Grandfather only developed the illness during his old age, and died shortly after...While Tensai himself happened to be born with it, yet laid there breathing.

The monotonous beeping sounds of the machine connected to his body rang through the darkness, a swarm of shadows as he floated through an uncanny abyss. The beeps grew louder, and slowly but surely, his eyes opened. His irises would for a moment, be pitch black in color...Reminiscent of the dark matter that held the heavens together, then shift to more natural brown color with his pupils being the epicenter as the color rippled out. They seemed to stabilize, and as things came into focus, he would notice the familiar figure standing over him. The same feeling of shame and helplessness resurfaced, but he'd try to play it off as he struggled to sit up. He could quite literally feel his heart cramping as he did so, much in the way one's lungs would after a brutally long run...However; a man such as Hayata Shin would be able to feel the vibrancy of the boy's returning life energy as it steadily set itself right at an unusual pace...He'd be far from full health anytime soon though. "I'm sorry that I failed..." Were the first five words to leave his mouth, and the visible clenched jaw and closed lips afterwards while he looked down at his own lap made it clear just how important it was to him.

Naturally his cultural robes and keffiyeh had been removed by the medics, and so he was wearing simply the short-sleeved undershirt and his pants beneath the hospital sheets. He didn't seem so foreign at the moment without his embellishments, and yet, somehow he still didn't seem like someone who quite belonged.

[MFT - WC: 686]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Shin examine the small body laying on the medical bed he began to see slow movement. The sudden surge of life caused Shin to rise on to his feet as he approached the bed. The boy still looked rather weak as he struggled to speak. His body was frail lacking the energy Shin saw in him before.

The boy lifted himself up gritting his teeth as he went up right. It was clear that he was steadily regaining his strength but obviously not at full strength. Either way his his tenacity was something to behold.

"I'm sorry that I failed..." He said as he gathered his strength.

"No, your wellbeing is far more important to me. There is a saying a righteous man will fall be he will arise seven times." Shin said as he gently pressed his body back to his bed. I am curious about your illness. I was aware of it and made the correct adjustments yet you still suffered a negative feedback. Fortunately, I was able to pull you out before there was any permanent damage. If you are able would you mind educating. It appears this is ilness runs through the family."

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Although the Raikage assured the child that his health was the primary concern, Tensai's expression didn't seem to be put at ease by the concern. If anything, it was more likely than not he was feeling ashamed that instead of proving himself of any worth, he'd manage to only garner the pity of the village's strongest man. As Shin continued his speech though, and Tensai heard about righteous men falling and rising seven times in return. The quote would cause him to blink for a moment, and look towards his senior while analyzing the words in his head.

His lips curved into a small frown as the subject of his heart disease resurfaced, and still trying to wake himself up he'd give a small yawn as he looked away and out the window. "I'll be fine really...There's...Not to my knowledge any way, not anything in particular that anyone can do to induce an episode." He wasn't lying, but he conveniently left out the part where his Grandfather's anger had been the trigger that put him under the dirt. The main reason for that, was that under Tensai's own observation, it happened to him without anger being a factor whatsoever...Considering the fact he had been quite calm as Shin would have seen through the illusion.

"It's just...Something that acts up once in a while, but..." He looked towards Shin, without a trace of worry or concern for himself lingering on his face. "Whenever I'm strong enough to leave the village, and given the right permission, I'll be able to go see my Grandmother. From what I hear she's heavy into alternative medicine and things like that, and that she knows how to suppress it. I'll be fine until then though, I'm not going to..." He'd suck his teeth lightly as if the very idea about what he was going to say insulted him. "I'm not going to kick the bucket because of some stupid disease. I can't explain how, but I know that I won't...I won't let it..." Giving a small shrug, he continued looking out the window.

"Were you here the whole time? I know as the Raikage you're a busy man so..." There it was again, that feeling that he was taking time from matters more important than himself. The urge to apologize lingered on the tip of his tongue, but somehow he felt that it would be treated the same as the earlier apology. "As...As far as I'm concerned the heart thing, and the pain that comes with it once in a while, is just the price I pay for living right now. There are a lot of people out there, who suffer a lot more every single day." He finally looked towards his teacher and commander once more, albeit a little over his own shoulder/from the corner of his eyes. "The Academy must really be running low on teachers for you to have to take on students of your own with all that's going on...If...If it's not a secret or anything, what would I need to become a real Shinobi? To become a Genin?"

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Stupid nurses. Shashu thought sulkily as she crept down the hallways towards Tensai's room. That afternoon, she had been wandering around town when she saw Tensai being carried off towards the hospital, though for what, she had no idea. When she got there however, the nurses wouldn't let her see him, telling her that he was staying under medical observation and that it was family only for now. Not letting friends in is a dumb rule. So what if I'm not family? After her attempts at persuading the nurses to let her through, she had resolved to sneak in. 'Medical observation' or no, he's got some answering to do for the other night. I do hope he's ok though....

After sneaking about for a little while, Shashu managed to find out what room he was in from a clipboard that a doctor had left unattended, and headed off that way. A little before she got there she almost ran into some shinobi standing guard at the entrance to the hallway. Well that isn't going to work. They'll spot me in a second. Looking around Shashu spotted a staircase to the roof, though to get to it she would have to go past the guards.If I could just....Aha! This is a perfect time to try that out!

Ducking into a broom closet, Shashu took a deep breath, focusing her chakra. She formed the handseals for the transformation jutsu, imagining the rude nurse from the lobby, and a second later she was ready. She grabbed a spare cleaning uniform and a large push-broom from the closet as well, and headed to the roof, nodding to the shinobi as she went past. Once on the roof she quickly stowed the broom and uniform out of sight, then undid the jutsu. Breathing a sigh of relief, Shashu made her way over to the side of the building that Tensai's room was on. Lets see....he should be right around....here. She climbed carefully down until she got to Tensai's window and peeked in.

Much to her surprise someone else also occupied the room, and they were deep in conversation with Tensai. Being freshly arrived to the village Shashu had no idea who the man was, only that Tensai seemed to respect him, so she stayed out of sight and listened in as best she could. She wasn't supposed to be here after all, and she wasn't taking any chances with the unknown man. The news that Tensai had such a bad disease worried her. There wasn't much she could do about it however, and since she didn't want to barge in, she settled onto a nearby ledge and waited, hoping nobody found her.
MFT: WC-451​

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin raised an eyebrow as the boy's briefly mentioned traveling to his grandmother for possible alternative medicine for his disease. Shin made the correct assumption to believe that the disease that Tensai posses was inherited; however, Shin was not aware that the disease had exist for over two generations. Either way, Shin was interested to know what how Tensai's grandmother was capable of suppressing genetic ailment especially something like this.

Trepidation still filled the boy's face as he looked back at Shin, but assuring Shin that his illness would not get the best of him. Shin admire his will but he could not deny the limitation of his body. He briefly looked out the window before inquired Shin's time at the hospital also wondering how often the raikage taught students on his own accord.

"Well, I would say that some of the sensei are completing reconnaissance missions around the country; but even so I am not above teaching academy students. I was the headmaster before becoming the raikage. It is my joy to...." Shin said but abruptly stopped as he noticed something strange reflecting against his glasses. A figure seemed to fade in and out of the back window.

"It appears we are not alone, give me a moment." Shin said as he turned himself toward the back. His body volantly moved from the medical bed to the window. He discovered a small girl standing upright underneath the window watching what was going on. Shin could not tell how long this girl but it was clear by her movement she was no real threat. Shin calmly open the window and spoke. "What can I do for you?" Shin asked.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wait, he's the Raikage?!? No way! He looks just like a normal guy....crap, I really shouldn't be here.... Shashu turned and made to climb down, but before she could Shin leaned over the edge and spotted her. "What can I do for you?" Shashu froze and thought furiously. Well he's already seen me, and he is the Raikage so it would be pointless to run. Might as well roll with it. So she looked up and grinned. "I uh...come in peace?" Shin quirked an eyebrow at her so she added, "Don't worry, I'm friends with Tensai." Shashu popped her head above the window and waved at Tensai, a small bag in her hand. "Isn't that right Ten? Look, I even brought cookies!" She shot Tensai a pleading look. I really hope he goes along with this....
MFT: WC-138​

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened for a moment or two, getting the back-story on the Raikage's past as headmaster of the academy, something Tensai couldn't have said that he foresaw. Just as the man was about to continue his dialog, there was a slight pause, and the realization that they were being watched. Tensai himself had felt a little strange, but couldn't put his finger on it, but as the Raikage moved to the window he put two and two together. From where he sat, he watched the window open and his elder leaning out to speak words to someone Tensai himself couldn't see.

Then her face popped up, and the boy felt an exasperated sigh flee his lips. He wondered just how long she'd been spying on him, and felt his stomach sink at the idea of her witnessing him being carried off into the hospital. While she tried to explain herself and showed a peace offering the boy simply looked away. "She's alright..." He half mumbled, and began to remove the life-supporting trinkets from his body, one being an IV plugged into his left hand which caused some blood to spill onto the white sheets. "I have to get back to training..." He muttered while weakly shifting his position so that his feet were dangling from the bed. It was unlikely that Shashu or Shin were about to allow him to leave, much less run off and put himself through who knew what sort of training.

[MFT - WC: 244]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh jeez, he does not look good. "She's alright..." Tensai said weakly, then pulled out the IVs and tried to get up, mumbling something about training, which he was obviously not in a good enough condition for. As he swung his legs over to get out of bed, Shashu vaulted up into the room and pushed him back into bed, her skinny self slipping past Shin at the window, though he could have caught her had he tried. "Oh no you don't! You're in no condition to go walking around, much less go training." She tucked the bedding back up and plopped down on top of Tensai's legs, in no uncertain terms letting him know he was going nowhere, at least for the time being. She offered the bag of cookies to Tensai, then took one herself. Absently munching on it, she glanced over at Shin, who she still couldn't quite match up as the Raikage. He just doesn't look like a Kage... "Would you like one too, mister Raikage?" She said, offering the bag.
MFT: WC-175​

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just as he prepared to hop down onto the floor, there was a sudden crash as the slim girl pounced onto him. The hospital bed shifted back and bumped the wall as she straddled him and held him down. The look on his face was that of utter disbelief, with his eyes darting towards Shin as if to check whether the man had also seen the wild stunt, or if he himself wasn't seeing properly. Another sigh escaped his lips as he sat up, and lightly pushed her back, thus leaving her sitting on his legs in a way that prevented him from getting up. He could have mustered some strength and perhaps thrown her aside, but none of that would have been very polite, much less in front of the Raikage.

He'd frown a little, and then let his arms drop to his sides as if to show his submission. She offered the cookie, but he just looked at her as if thinking "Are you serious right now?", but she happily munched a cookie of her own. "Jeez...She's not..." He attempted to shift again, but failed as he felt a sharp pain but hid it well. "She's not going to make this easy..." He thought to himself, but shortly after he found that he was enjoying the extra warmth from her. "Raikage-sama, I'm sure you heard about an incident a couple of days ago...Where some Genin were beating up another at the academy, but when the staff finally showed they were already out cold." His voice sounded a little raspy, but more due to feeling awkward about divulging the information more than anything else. "Well, Shashu had helped the girl out...She's a little...Annoying- but she's a decent person." He conveniently left out the part about his involvement, but he was sure Shashu wasn't going to let that slide...

[We thought we'd go another round or so, just to give you something more to respond to. Speed up the RP and so forth.]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young girl was a ecentric creature as she offered Shin a cookie from her box of delecitables. Apparently, Tensai and the girl had some history together as they spoke to each other very much like brother and sister. Tensai continue to be stubborn as he insited on being let out but the girl convinced him otherwise. He tenacity was aporeciated but at the end of the day it was counterproductive. The only thing he would gain is damaging his already weak body.

"Ah. I am still unsure of the reason. It is a pleasure to meet you all the same Shashu-chan." Shin said as he returned offered back to the bedside offering his hand.

"Shashu-chan, do you know why Tensai-san is bed ridden?"

[Sry for the long wait]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"It is a pleasure to meet you all the same Shashu-chan." "It's nice to meet you too, Kage-sama." Shashu took Shin's hand and shook it with a bow of her head. Well he seems nice enough. However, that reminds me... "While we're on the on the subject though..." Shashu reached into her belt pouch and whipped out a folded paper fan and whapped Tensai on head with it. "THAT is for ditching me and that girl! That was HORRIBLY rude. How could you leave a girl behind like that? You didn't even tell anyone where she was! It's a good thing I had gotten that shinobi to help, or she would have been all alone! GRRRRR!" She whapped him upside the head again, then crossed her arms with a 'Hmph!'. "Shashu-chan, do you know why Tensai-san is bed ridden?" Shin broke in, apparently in an attempt to defuse the situation. "No, not really. I overheard you talking about it though, so I understand that it's some sort of disease." She turned to Tensai. "You're going to be okay, right?"

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sometimes, being able to pay an almost inhumane level of attention to detail had its consequences. While in some cases it could limit a person's thought process to the insignificant, in a reverse manner it was forcing Tensai to look outside the scene. The cordial banter between would-be mentor and would-be friend went almost unheard, because an oddly nagging sensation formed ethereal knots within the pit of his stomach. He couldn't understand why, and he was sure that the ominous feeling coursing through his system hadn't a thing to do with his two compatriots. He began to feel disconnected as his right hand crept to his stomach, clutching that icy pit he couldn't reach through his flesh...Everything in the room seemed to be somewhere else until-

*THWAP*

The top of his head stung for a moment as he rubbed it, now looking at Shashu as she began to scold him for abandoning her. Forgetting his earlier intention to leave himself out of any daring rescue stories, he retorted with a swift response. "Oi! It's not my fault you wanted to run around looking for teachers. The only people you and the staff would have had to attend to were the three losers who we put down. Pfft, and if your brain wasn't so full of cookies and ice cream you'd remember I was the one who took her to the hospital-" Just as the words left his lips his memory found itself once more, but seeing as it was too late he simply shrugged and averted his gaze to the blank wall. He continued rubbing his head, before looking at the girl's folded arms from the corner of his eyes. He'd respond with a similar "Hmph".

Shin interjected, and the question didn't make much sense to Tensai...Not in the sense that he couldn't understand the words, or the way in which they were ordered...But, they'd been talking about his illness before she showed up...Why ask her? Perhaps...Perhaps the Raikage simply wanted to know how close the two youngsters were. As Shashu spoke her truth in response to the query, Tensai only looked towards her again when she asked about his well-being. "If I die from something like this, then there's no way I can become a Shinobi...Even less chance that I'll be able to-" He'd fall silent again, that feeling of dread returning to his core...What was it? He didn't know it yet, but a storm was coming... "You don't need to be concerned, at worst if I pass then you just have to find someone else to stalk." He'd smile warmly, perhaps the most sincere and natural expression of the day...He hadn't been himself much as of late, but that smile was a familiar one...Even if no one in the room had been familiar with that look of kindness, he himself could feel it upon his face. "I'm sure I'll be fine...Really..." He'd lay down, and exhale softly. "...Once I'm done here, I'll be heading home any way." Though his strength seemed to be returning rapidly, his mood had become subtly melancholy...

[MFT - WC: 510]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mood of the scene turned to serious to comical after the young girl pulled a huge fan from underneath her belt and slapping against Tensai's soft flesh. Shin could not help but grin nervously as a large sweat drop ran down his forehead. Everything you can expect from a typical anime, cliche but unbearably hilarious.

"Ah we don't want Tensai to be injured would we." Shin said jocularly. It was clear that Shashu did not know about Tensai's heredity illness as expected by Shin. The boy certainly isolated himself when it came to something so personally, even though Shin could sense the closeness between the two children. Even though Tensai held that big smile he knew very well that he would was going to struggle with this for the rest of his life. Shin sighed. Perhaps it would better from his to be open about his weakness and to see his disease as a blessing rather than a weakness.

"I am sure you will be fine." Shin said as he playfully ruffled the boy's head. Shin raised his hand as he took a cookie for himself. He was surprise to taste the chunky chocolate pieces flow in his mouth. He did not like chocolate. He tried to his contempt as swallow his fill. "Well I think we should let Tensai have his rest for the day. You should be release by tomorrow morning. Shall we go Shashu-chan?" Shin said.

[[Leaving topic after Shashu]]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu smiled Tensai and punched Tensai in the shoulder lightly. "Yeah, you'll be fine. You're too much fun to kick the bucket this early." "Well I think we should let Tensai have his rest for the day. You should be release by tomorrow morning. Shall we go Shashu-chan?" She nodded, then hopped off the bed carefully, making sure not to jostle Tensai any more than necessary. She straightened her clothes and dropped the bag of cookies on the small table next to his bed, within easy reach, then turned back to him. "Those are for you. There's a bunch of different kinds in there, so eat whichever ones you like. Oh, and I also got you....this!" Reaching back to her other pouch, Shashu brought out an old book, bound in fresh leather, the words A Treatise on Legends and Histories of Ancient Kumo tooled onto the cover and spine. It was a bit on the small side, however the pages were especially thin and resilient, and its writer's pen had scribed many more words than the size of the book hinted at. In short, the sort of book a scholar would carry on his belt while out researching its contents. "Momma gave me this a long time ago, after I learned how to read. I've already read it a bunch of times, and I know you like these things, so...." Shashu blushed a tiny bit and averted her eyes slightly, then thrust the book into Tensai's hands. "I want you to have it. As, you know, a get well present. From me." She then skipped away towards the door that Shin was holding open before turning back briefly. "I hope you like it! See you again sometime!"

[Topic Left]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He'd squint one eye a bit as Shin ruffled his hair, a natural reaction as he fought back a flinch due to his aversion to physical contact. In the end though, Shin had after all carried him all the way to the hospital...Perhaps, he could get used to this man. In truth, Shin was the only person of official standing he'd ever met that behaved so...Kindly. His own father, from what little memory remained, wasn't such a man...Not in Tensai's memories. He grinned a little as he watched Shin try his best not to spit out the baked treat. All in all, things weren't going too badly.

Shin would suggest that they leave so Tensai could get rest, and the truth of the matter was that solitude would do him well. "I'll be fine, thank you both for your time..." A nonchalant statement made while Shashu removed herself from his bed, the warmth of her atop his legs slowly fleeing with her. His eyes became half closed, as though sleep really were the next step for him. Just as he began to roll over, the girl's voice broke through and made him pause for a moment. Sitting up just a bit, he'd raise a brow questioningly. A gift?

Reading the letters titling the book she pulled out from one of her pouches, Tensai's look changed quite instantly. His lips parted just a little, as if wanting to say something but not a word came out...So they closed again. When he listened to her explanation of where she'd even gotten it from, he felt a strange feeling in his chest...A strong sentiment, of wanting to refuse for the simple sake that he knew it meant too much for him to accept and yet...He couldn't offend her either, and knew he'd love the contents. Her cheeks turned red as his own followed suit, and he held the book close once she thrust it upon him. "Sha..." He started, but didn't finished. "Thanks...A lot...I mean it." His voice was a little raspy, but he'd clear his throat and remedy that. "Thank you Raikage-sama, and Shashu...You two be safe." He would give a small nod as they left, and the door closed behind. Laying back down, he'd roll onto his side and hold the book close...It was time to sleep.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back