Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

He's Back [Open]

Rounin Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rounin Satsu, a 21 year old Jounin who rose through the ranks with hast. He was well known for his actions for the community or activities in the Military Police. A fantastic swordsman and a noble man, more than that less people knew that he was actually a lord of the Rounin estate outside the village, and he was keen to keep it that way. He never wanted to feel privileged or entitled so he kept the royal part of his identity under wraps.
Satsu just arrived today from a mission out of town and had decided to grab a late breakfast and considering it was already one in the afternoon it was indeed late.

Satsu sat down on a table outside his favorite restaurant at Inner Maruishi and a familiar face came to greet him.

"Hallo there Rounin-Sama here are some complimentary salmon bites, the manager saw you approaching when he was out having a smoke and said to honor you with this dish"

Said the young waitress and placed a dish with marinaded salmon and some sauces on the side.

"thank you Shiruka-chan and pleas enough with the formalities, Ive been eating here almost everyday for the past six years we can speak on a first name basis by now"

Replied Satsu with a smile and accepted the menu from the young lady's hands then started breezing through it.

"I will tell you what Rounin-Sama I'll stop with the formalities when ether you take off your shades for once or when you stop being such a generous tipper what do you think?"

Said Shiruka with a cute giggle and brushed her hair behind her ear.
It was no secret to the Jounin that she had a small crush on him, he didn't have much intent for dating but he always entertained her with his charm.

"well dear non of these two are likely to happen anytime soon, but I will take the toast and eggs with a glass of orange juice please"

Replied Satsu with a kind and warm smile. It was a very true fact that he was always with his shades, and it was for a reason. And it wasn't a lie that he was quite wealthy thanks to his estate and the small fortune that his parents left him and always gave good tips and hosted charity events in his private house in the city to try and make this world a better place.
The waitress nodded to him and took the menu.

"isnt it a bit late for breakfast?"

She asked.

"well that ware true if your manager hadn't given me lunch already"

He said and pointed to the dish of seasoned salmon in front of him.

Shiruka blurted a laugh and went off to get his order. Satsu loved this village, he loved the people that he encountered everyday, he loved the students he often thought, and he loved protecting them as a detective and Jounin.
Today was full of opportunities and the wind inviting and warm, it almost made ones spirit look for adventure.

OOC:
A music of returning

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maruishi, the city where Kei had lived prior to joining the ninja academy. It was the same as he always remembered it and yet somehow different. Lately everything seemed different to him, and not in a way he particularly liked. Nearly getting mugged on one's own home turf only to be saved by some randomly expressing genetic trait will do that to a person he supposed. This wasn't a social visit home anyway. He wanted to check if his father had any family history records he could look through. Before that though, he needed some food. There was a restaurant up ahead. He hoped it was something he could afford on a student's budget, he didn't want to touch family money. He walked through the door of the place and took a look around, pushing his white bangs out of his face. If the prices weren't too bad, it'd do.

[Topic Entered]

Rounin Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"here you go Rounin-sama"

said Shiruka and placed his toast and eggs in front of him followed by a tall glass of orange juice with some ice in it. In such a nice warm day
it was indeed a treat to anyone to enjoy such a fine meal.

"thank you Shiruka-chan I'm sure it is as good as ever"

Said Satsu and smiled. The waitress nodded in approval and went to tend her other tables. Without any further a due Satsu started cutting up the egg and laid it
on the toast, he was very accurate in his predictions. The toast and eggs ware indeed divine. Then he took a small sip from the cold glass of juice next to the plate,
it was so refreshing that he closed his eyes for a moment enjoying the warm sun on his face sitting at the perfect spot outside.

"I trust that you are enjoying yourself Rounin-sama..."

Satsu opened his eyes to see the well dressed manager of the restaurant, he was smiling widely and was in a good mood it would seem.

"well if it isn't the infamous Korushi Rinku..."

Said Satsu with a sarcastic smile on his face. Rinku put on a fake insulted expression even shocked a bit.

"why Rounin-sama! what have I ever done to deserve such slander from you, I would never do anything out side the safe and warm boundaries of the law... I am truly sad that you see me in such a dark perspective"

By the end of his speech he started chuckling, couldn't keep a strait face through it and his simile dawned again on his face.

"OH REALLY RINKU-SAN!!, so how do you explain this delicious dish of complimentary salmon that I have received from you hmmm??...
trying to bribe an OFFICER OF THE LAW!!!"

Satsu said with a raised voice pretending to be strict, at that point they both started laughing. Satsu and Rinku ware good friends for a while now.
The two ware always messing around with each other making laughs and good times. Half of Satsu's charity events he hosted in this very restaurant to bring his friend some good business to the place, not that it needed any more than what it already had.

"how are you Satsu? everything well?"

Asked Rinku.

"all is well my friend, you know protecting this fine village one day at a time"

Replied Satsu. At this point Satsu noticed a familiar face walk inside the restaurant, a young boy with snow-white kind of messy hair. Satsu saw the kid before at the Shinobi academy, he never got to teach him but he heard some good things from the other teachers about him. Satsu often liked to get to know the youngsters of the academy better, to give them better lessons and guidance.

"Hey Rinku there is a kid that just entered the restaurant with white hair, could you show him to my table. he is a student at the academy and I would like to represent myself"

Asked Satsu of his friend the manager.

"sure thing Satsu, I'll go tell him right away... oh and by the way, we have known each other for so long, when are you going to take off these shades of yours?"

Asked his friend in return with a smile. Satsu smiled and looked at Rinku.

"when the proper time presents itself my friend"

He replied, Rinku just shook his head and went off. Satsu took his sword and strapped it to the back of his chair so it would look much less like an official meet to the student. In the mean time he ordered a new menu for the kid when he arrives. How curious he was about the boy. This day was becoming eventful already.

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei wasn't standing around long before a well-dressed man approached him. Kei gave him an unsure look, wondering if the guy was the host or something. To Kei's surprise, he was informed that there was a man who'd requested his presence at a table. Kei's guard was immediately up, last time he was in Maruishi he'd been attacked for apparently no reason. He scanned the restaurant, there was no one he immediately recognized in the entire place. So why was someone asking for him?

After briefly weighing his options, curiosity won out. Perhaps someone had recognized him? He got directions to the table and made his way over to see a man wearing shades with a sword strapped to the back of his chair. He eyed the sword warily, he assumed that the man probably knew how to use it. Aside from that the man seemed to be enjoying a normal meal. Kei felt out of the loop, like he was missing some key piece of information that would make this whole strange situation make sense. Pushing some stray hair from his face he gave a smirk. "Hoshokurai Kei, I was told you wanted to speak to me. Do we, by any chance, know each other?" It wasn't that he assumed the man wished him harm, it was just that the scar on his upper arm was still fresh. Until he knew exactly what the man wanted Kei couldn't help being a bit cautious.

Rounin Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: sorry for the delay got caught up with some work]

A few moments after the exchange of words between Satsu and Rinku the young academy student approached his table. He introduced himself quite formally,
but he was yet to take a seat.

"A pleasure to meet your acquaintance Hoshokurai Kei, my name is Rounin Satsu..."

Satsu stopped for a moment to sip from his orange juice, it was a bit of a dry day and his throat was getting a bit dry, but that short sip did the trick quite good
and he continued.

"...and I am a Detective Jounin ranked, but sometimes I also teach at the academy, and that young Kei is how I know your face"

Satsu halted once more to give the boy time to process the information.

"now, it came to my attention that you are the new rising star at the academy and that is why I wished to talk with you... well after
all it is not everyday that I hear that an academy student might break one of MY records, I had to know what is that all about!"

Said Satsu with a wide warm smile.

"Oh gods, I've been rambling on and on for five minutes and you are still standing!, pleas sit down look at the menu and take your pic...
SHIRUKA-CHAN!, get the kid anything he wishes on my account will you?"

Satsu finished and hailed the waitress, she in turn rushed over when she finished with her current table, and waited for the kids order.

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei visibly relaxed, so that explained it. It wasn't often that an instructor from the academy stopped him to talk but it had happened before. This one was also a detective Jounin? He tried to remember if he'd ever heard of the older shinobi. It was possible but he couldn't be sure. "Good to meet you Rounin-sensei" he responded, all formalities. The purpose of calling him over was quickly made clear however. Rising star eh? Kei was aware that he and his brother were among the top students at the academy but he wasn't aware of any records he was breaking. Kei accepted the offer of a seat across the table from the other man. A waitress was quickly summoned and asked to take Kei's order, all on the older man's bill.

He took a menu and looked it over with a shrug. It'd be rude to refuse the offer at this point. If this guy wanted to blow his money Kei wasn't going to worry about it. Sure, he wasn't about to order the most expensive thing on the menu but he had come here to get something to eat after all. "Thanks Sensei, I'll just have a bagel with some cranberry juice." He thanked the waitress and turned back to the provider of his meal. "I honestly didn't know that there were any records to break, although I can't say I mind. But yeah, I can try and answer any questions you have or something." He shrugged noncommittally, unsure of where to go from there. He didn't really know how these sort of things worked, still it couldn't hurt to get to know a teacher better and maybe glean some information about his options after the academy.

[MFT]

Rounin Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsu was very pleased that the young student decided to take him on his offer and sat down. Shiruka took his order quietly gave the boy a smile and a nod and departed, and the atmosphere became much lighter then a moment ago. Kei then stated that he was unaware of the academy records, not much of a surprise since the only ones who can access them are the ones who already finished their school days. After that the boy stated that he would answer all of Satsu's questions, it made the jounin chuckle a bit.

"Kei this is not a formal meeting and there will be no interview of sorts, just a friendly conversation and you may ask as many questions as you like as well.... well as long as I can answer them that is"

Said Satsu with a smile then took a few more bites of his salmon dish and sipped from his orange juice glass. He meant what he said, he didn't wish this coincidental meet to be formal of any sort of way, which then reminded him of something else on his mind.

"OH! and before I forget Kei-san, this would be my only formal request of you..."

He said and paused for a moment, keeping a straight face and looked at the kid with a serious gaze. and after a very short second the serious face turned to a very warm smile.

"...as long as we are not in a mission or at the academy, don't call me sensei"

Said Satsu and sat back comfortably in his chair.

"and to prove my words to be true I'll let you fire away with our first topic"

Finished the detective and continued enjoying his meal while awaiting the youngster's reply.

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okay, so the formality was out. It had never been Kei strong suit anyway, getting into trouble more than once at the academy. If he wasn't such a good student most of his teachers probably wouldn't like Kei much. He thought for a moment, wondering what he wanted to ask. Kei had been raised to prepare him for the shinobi life but in truth, he didn't know much about it outside what he'd learned in his classes. Everything he'd been taught growing up was focused on more... practical matters. Kei didn't even have a clue what he wanted to do when he graduated the academy. It was easier to focus on excelling in his studies and his combat skills than think about the future. He was good at focusing on the task at hand but lately, probably due to his strange new powers, he'd been looking at things differently.

Kei sat back in his chair looked the older man in the eye. What's it like being a full-fledged Jounin? His question was a sincere one and he hoped the answer would help him get some ideas for a path to pursue. He knew he wanted to be an active part of protecting the Earth Country but from what he understood, he could do that from any of the Shinobi Branches. In fact the only path he figured he could rule out was becoming a shaman. But aside from that he wasn't sure what the other branches entailed. He hoped that the Jounin could help him, after all it wasn;t like he'd asked the meaning of life. That could come later, right after he asked where babies came from, he thought to himself with some amusement.

[OOC: sorry about the wait, been busy with the student tournament and such]

Rounin Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'what it means to be full-fledged Jounin.... '

Satsu went over the question in his head. It was indeed a very good question, being a shinobi was never easy on anyone. It meant being brave when you are afraid, it meant putting the needs of others before your own, it meant sticking by your comrades side at the darkest hours even when facing overwhelming odds and even death. But in the end it came to one simple fact...

"to be a Jounin, or a shinobi at general means a great many things. and it is mostly a very personal ideology... I guess for me it means to make the world a better place, not only for our village but for the general population. trying to maintain peace by all costs, that is the only way we can keep the people we care about safe, to me that is the first place prize, to live in piece one day with all villages"

Said Satsu in honestly. There was no other way to explain it in his point of view.

"ok now its my turn... hmmmm let me think..."

Said Satsu with a smile, then he wondered what shuld he ask. The boy was pretty young and probably unexperienced in much, yet he had a very mature vibe about him. Satsu found that too many students grow old too fast, the penalty of being a shinobi.

"ok... here it is. how are you enjoying the academy so far, and more importantly what is your favorite part of it all?"

Asked Satsu, it might sound like an insignificant question, but to Satsu it held more importance then any other question he could ask. As a detective he can deduce allot from the answer to this question or others like it, that is what he was trained to do.

[I'm sorry as well for the late post, started a new job and its a bit time consuming. BTW I was rooting for you at the tournament]

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Lei listened as the older shinobi told him what he believed it meant to be a jounin. Kei could respect the meaning Satsu took from it, making the world a better place for everyone in it. Sounded simple enough and it seemed a noble cause. But then what would be the purpose of having shinobi? To protect that peace? Kei thought about it a bit, he'd always known that the shinobi protected their village while simultaneously battling other villages shinobi for supremacy. Shinobi took whatever edge they could in combat for their country's sake. In a worls like that, could they ever really live in peace? Kei wasn't sure nor did he really want to ponder it. No, he'd taken something more important from Satsu's answer. Some of the man's words struck a chord with the young teen, although he wasn't sure why. "A very personal ideology, he thought about it for a while. He didn't really have anything like that yet. As a student it was his duty to train and study hard, even if he mouthed off to his instructors a bit. He wondered what his personal ideology would be, assuming he made it to jounin. First he'd have to make genin, then chuunin, before he could be promoted to jounin.

But fair was fair after all, and it was Kei's turn to answer a question.

Not exactly the question he was expecting either. How was he enjoying the academy? did he have a fvaorite part? He must have, he;d just never really thought about it before. Kei smirked, remembering the genjutsu class he'd taken with Kimi and that Sabaku kid. As for my favorite part? I dunno, I like classes because they get me closer to becoming a real Stone Ninja. I'm not sure I have a favorite part, if I do it's definitely not history. I know it's important and all, it's just a pain memorizing it... Kei shrugged and then gave a sort of laugh, a bit uncomfortable. He didn't really know what to say. He preferred drills to lectures but that was hardly something that could be caled his favorite part. Kei didn't have friends he hung out with after classes.
The only other student kei really knew or talked to was his fraternal twin brother.

[Thanks, I gave it my all. And sorry about late posting on my end too. It has been a rough week]

Rounin Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: sorry buddy, I couldn't continue with Satsu and had to make a new character I do hope to RP with you with my new char, and so sorry for leaving the topic like this... lets just say that Satsu was called to action by another nin. Topic left... sorry again]

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: I understand. No hard feelings. Just gonna rp my exit so as not to Void]

An abrupt exit, that was okay. Kei really needed to get back to figuring out some things about his new-found kekkai genkai. He watched the jounin make his exit before the snowy-haired teen stood. He'd certainly given Kei something to think about. He wondered if the other countries could ever live in peace with each other, or what that would even mean. It would certainly be a different world. Kei was glad he'd had the opportunity to talk to Satsu although he wasn't sure all his questions were answered. He decided to give some more thought on what being a shinobi really meant to him.

Kei thanked the waitress for the meal and took his leave, there was a lot to do and not much time.

[topic finished/left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back