Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hey! You, what you gonna stew? [Private]

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sensaina Tatchi, more commonly known as Suo's, was a small cafe set in the Red Oak district of Leaf, a few streets over from the hustle and bustle of the main strip. More importantly it was away from both Ichiraku Ramen and Azumi’s Dango Shop. They were happy not to be competing with either of them and prided themselves on both the food and the serene atmosphere the cafe provided.

The actual shop was set a little back from the street, with a large red banner above rows of wooden benches forming a comfortable and open outside area, with free refills of tea and coffee available from a serving hatch next to the main building.

The smell of their famous stew drifts down the streets to entice both weary travelers and shoppers alike. Whilst people often remarked that stew was an odd choice, they prided themselves on serving foreign foods and steering away from traditional staples. Not like it would work with Ichiraku's ramen monopoly ensuring most small business owners barely got a look in.

Past the wooden benches, adorned with cushions and throws in an assortment of both size and colour, you pass through double glass doors into a two story building. Inside you're greeted by the hustle and bustle of a small inside seating area, with separate booths for privacy, opposite a long bar with steaming food piled waiting for the servers to deliver, along with the owner Suo. Suo was a large proud man who dealt with both orders and payment with military precision and charm a plenty, who took pride in his little establishment and their supply of spices, coffees and teas that filled the shelves on the wall behind the counter.

The interior of the shop would hardly win any awards for best dressed in show, and instead had a hard tiled floor and wooden booths to match the outside benches. Lights strung along the ceiling provided a warm glow to either eat or to study by, especially with a rather sizable student discount being offered alongside free refills and the occasional experimental snack to try.

Megu and his mother had worked there since the explosion had destroyed their business, living in the renovated area that survived the blast. It was weird working for Suo, their one time rival turned close family friend after the accident. Megu and his brothers had often played pranks on the man and had once even hidden his entire fish order in a crawl space under the floors. On a warm day Megu swore you could still smell a hint of fish in some of the storerooms to this very day.

Megu walked into the cafe, the smell of a new blend of coffee being brewed on the back counter wafting over to him. He smiled at a couple of regulars and found Suo stood begin the counter examining his mix.

"Hey Suo!"

The man turned from the coffee pot, his white chefs apron spattered with dots of brown from the coffee that had boiled over slightly.

"Megu, how's the next Kage doing? Working on any peace deals? Defeated many bandits? How about you use that transformation jutsu and turn that mother of yours into a half-decent cook?"

A voice sounded out from the hatch that separated the main seating area from the kitchen, his mothers visage covered by a mixture of pots, steam and smoke.

"I heard that Suo! And people would like my cooking a little more if you actually let them eat it instead of taking it for yourself! Or to the Academy for that matter!"

Megu grinned sheepishly, glad his mother seemed too busy to step out and tear into him in front of his new friend.

"It's been one day Suo, I can barely spell jutsu let alone perform them. But thanks for remembering. Hey, I brought a friend along! You've been saying we need some more hands about the place for a while, and he can make bread!"

With a slightly ridiculous grin he gestured towards Shiori, hoping he'd not overstepped his boundaries a little and oversold what Shiori wasn't wanting to sell.

"A baker ay... names suo"

Suo leant over the counter and extended a meaty, if not slightly greasy, hand.

MFT

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori’s dainty hand was enveloped by Sou’s great fist as he shook, a nervous smile on his face.

“Maybe some day, but I don’t mind washing pots, sir.” Shiori ventured, eyes everywhere but Shou’s face.

The restauranteur barked a laugh in response, clapping the small boy on the shoulder.

“Ha! No delusions of grandeur on this one! Get back there, then, lad! The dinner rush is on!” He pulled up a section of the counter, allowing Shiori to duck under. He flashed Megu a smile as he was whisked to the back, the silver hair of a boy from the academy catching his eye before he was truly immersed in the world of the kitchen.

Men were shouting at each other, hands moving animatedly, performing tasks. They stomped around, sometimes stopping at a certain point to chop something or put it on a plate, before moving on, still shouting all the while.

Sou led the boy to a series of sinks, dirty cooking utensils in one, crockery and cutlery in the other. “Here you go, boy. Get cracking, and you can have some stew later.” He gave Shiori another bone-shattering clap on the shoulder before turning and shouting back at the chefs, cowing them into submission.

Shiori rolled up his sleeves, shoving his hands into the lukewarm water. He tutted, emptying the sink. You needed hot water to scrub the grime off a proper iron pot. What were they doing here?! He grabbed a scouring pad, immersing his hands in the almost unbearably hot water. The remnants of delicious meals flaked away under his harsh ministrations, soon to be washed down into the sink.

Shiori let his mind become engrossed in the task, the bustle of the kitchen dying around him under the ceaseless onslaught of the rasping scourer. He didn’t even notice someone indicating it was time for him to take a break.

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroshi had gotten to the cafe quickly, his speed almost reckless as he weaved in between the people that lined the streets between Suo's and the academy. He had only been to the small cafe once, but he had always liked the atmosphere there, and had felt it was the perfect place for him to keep his head down and write up the notes from the day's lessons.

He felt more than a bit foolish hiding the will to learn from people, but he had always been told by his older brothers that trying was for idiots, and that it was supremely uncool to show any ounce of effort at studying. To avoid any further mockery or abuse at the hands of his older siblings, he had vowed to make sure that no one would be able to turn around and tell them that he was actually trying.

Yes it's stupid, but we all do stupid things for good reasons sometimes.

He had thought himself smart at coming up with the plan which would ensure he could save face with his brothers without jeopardizing his studies, and he decided that he definitely had been clever as he spooned some stew into his mouth with one hand, even as he scribbled notes down with his other. Hiroshi had been careful to save up as much money as he could by doing odd jobs here and there in order to allow himself to get something for dinner each day when he was studying, and he was glad that his plan had survived day one at least. A commotion broke out in the cafe as good-natured shouting broke out between some new arrivals and several members of staff, but the silver-haired youth ignored the loud noises as he continued to write, his hand slowly beginning to ache with the speed at which he was working.

Should probably stop soon, plus once this stew is finished I should just about have enough money left to get myself a drink while I finish this work.

The young boy hurriedly scribbled the remaining words of the paragraph he had been working on before laying down his pen and eating the final spoonful of stew. The flavours were delicious, but the salt in it meant that a drink was definitely necessary, and it was for this reason that the boy stood and approached the counter of the cafe.

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu had grinned as Suo accepted Shiori into his brood. That was the best thing about men like Suo, happy to help and.. well just happy. He'd quickly gotten to work clearing tables and chatting to customers alike. It had been a busy morning and the lunchtime rush was almost over. He'd barely had time to check on Shiori, but he figured it was probably for the best, let him find his own feet in the place.

He hummed slightly as he dodged between customers carrying stacks of plates and trays into the back, feeling elated as he realised it was time for his break. The customers were all happy and full, the tables had been cleared and cleaned, and better yet there was left over food again. He stuck his head through the kitchen door;

"Hey Shiroi, break time!"

He usually took his breaks outside with a warm cup of tea, but he spied a customer approaching the counter. Removing his apron he hung it on some pegs just inside the kitchen. He straightened his deep red top, un-tucking it from the waist of his trousers.

"I'll meet you outside outside!"

He looked around to see if anyone was serving, deciding he could quickly deal with the customer before his break whilst he was waiting for Shiori.

As he approached the customer he noticed it was a young boy, the silver hair reminding him of someone he'd seen that very morning.

"You... hey I know you right?"

Smooth. Was it someone he'd served before? Did that boy serve him even? No, it was coming back to him now.

The academy! That's it!

"How can I help you?"

He smiled at the boy and looked over to where he'd been sat, noticing pens and papers on he table.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Hey Shiori, break time!”

Megumareta’s words snapped Shiori’s thoughts to the present. He dried off his hands, reddened by hot water and soap, and hung his own apron. He smiled and waved back at the suggestion of a break outside. The day was a warm one, and it would be good to get out of the heat of the kitchen. He exited from the back of the kitchen, into the alley behind the shop, where some crates and boards formed a ramshackle seating area for weary staff, away from the gaze of customers.

Shiori had swiped a bowl of stew from the side, and spooned it greedily into his mouth. He didn’t realise until he began to eat how hungry he was. And in only a few hours, he had begun to pick up the bad habits of the boisterous Megu. He would never have done such a thing this morning!

He leant back against the wall, sat on his crate, thin arms crossed over his stomach, a smile of contentment on his face.

Just as he relaxed, he realised he had no idea how long his break was! He bolted upright, quietly moving through the kitchen, looking for his friend. He got to the door from the kitchen to the bar without finding him. As he peeked through, he saw Megu serving a familiar face, the silver haired boy he noticed earlier.

The face finally clicked, the boy from the academy that had sat beside them, dozing the whole time. But on the bar, there seemed to be books and hastily scribbled notes piled in front of him. He came through the door, a questioning look on his face.

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even as Hiroshi approached the counter to the cafe, he saw a diminutive figure approaching him and, on closer inspection, saw that it was one of the student's he had been in a class with at the academy. Even as this realisation dawned on the boy, the other student spoke, his words matching those that had run through Hiroshi's head as he approached.

“You...hey I know you right?”

Even as he was about to respond, the other boy spoke again, smiling as he did so.

“How can I help you?”

Hiroshi matched the smile sheepishly and spoke up, his voice steady as he did so.

“Hey, you were at the academy with me this morning I think? I was just hoping to grab another drink, didn't think I'd run into any familiar faces here.”

Even as Hiroshi said this, he noticed a new figure appearing from what must have been the kitchen, and recognised it as yet another of the student's he had been at the academy with.

Are they multiplying back there?

Hiroshi waved at the new arrival and began to speak again.

“So, what are you guys up to? I was just trying to catch up on some notes; don't want my brothers to find out I'm actually trying or they will make my life hell...well, more hellish.”

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu laughed a little as Shiori joined them, realising that he'd told him he'd meet him out back and hadn't even made it past the counter yet. What an ass.

"Yes the lesson, that's how I recognise you. I'm Megu, this is Shiori. We both work here part time in between lessons. We've still got some break left if you want to sit?"

He gestured to the boy stood behind them as he mentioned Shirori's name, hoping he'd come to the counter and join them. Truth be told they didn't really have much break left, but it was hardly busy and he knew Suo would be happy enough to see the making friends from the Academy. He grabbed a pot of tea and gestured towards the booth. If they both followed he'd set it down on the table along with three cups, one for each of them. Taking a seat he resumed the conversation.

"Why would your brothers be mad if you're studying?"

The idea that the boy's brothers would act in such a way annoyed Megu, it wasn't something he really understood. Megu's brother hadn't exactly been thrilled when he'd discovered that he was joining the Academy, but the promise of sick ninja weapons had soon brought him round.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori wasn’t as confident as Megu about having break left. It was his first day, he didn’t want to make a bad impression on Mr. Sou. He needed this money. And he liked hanging out with Megu. It had been lonely without his brother around, and he had been craving the simple friendship that many boys his age had.

Shiori nodded at Hiroshi as he was introduced, taking a seat at the booth, smiling. He took an offered cup of tea. He had never had it before, but he had seen adults drinking the brew before. He sipped, and promptly avoided spitting the beverage out.

He smiled at the pair, placing the cup down, and finally mustering the strength of will to swallow. He had been polite, he didn’t need to drink any more. He didn’t understand how people could enjoy the bitter drink.

Shiori found the idea of brothers making their sibling’s life hell a foreign one. He and his brother had always been close. Any fighting had just been the rough and tumble play that boys engaged in since time immemorial. He had an idea!

Shiori ran to get his bag, stuffed in a pigeonhole that hadn’t been used as of yet, taking it away with him. On removal, he noticed that someone had been storing flour in there, causing Shiori’s bag to dribble powder on the floor as he padded back to the booth. He sat back down, pulling his loose papers from his bag. Painstaking notes in exquisite detail, covering everything the teacher had said. Shiori had found himself to be a very fast writer, hand blurring over the page to capture the teacher’s words that morning.

He pushed them forward, smiling again. “I have notes here, in case you need anything. I managed to get pretty much everything down.”

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu introduced himself and Shiori and Hiroshi nodded to both of them, smiling easily as he did so. At the offer of sitting down, the young shinobi followed Megumareta's gesture and sat himself down in the booth. He saw the other two students come and join him, the more talkative of them bringing some tea and a trio of cups, one for each of them, before asking a question that Hiroshi had heard more than once before when talking about his siblings.

"The problem is that they seem to breeze through everything without even worrying, so when I show any amount of effort it's basically admitting to them that I'm not good enough, and that's enough of an excuse to give me hell."

Even as he finished his sentence, he watched Shiori run off, his face alight with an obvious plan. Hiroshi took the momentary pause to pick up the cup he had been given and supped at the tea within, his smile returning as the liquid warmed him from within.

"Damn fine cup of tea."

Even as he said this, Hiyasu returned with his bag and began leafing through it before producing a handful of notes that had been hastily created, and clearly from the class the group had shared just that morning. Hiroshi picked the notes up as they were pushed towards him and began to read, his smile broadening as he realised what a genuinely kind gesture he had just been privy to. Turning to Shiori, he bowed his head and raised the notes up slightly for emphasis.

"The offer is gratefully accepted, and thank you Megu for the tea. Honestly, I was worried that I would find more people like my brothers at the academy, but it seems that with you two I have found something so much more than I could have hoped for."

Fishing in his pocket, the young boy pulled out a handful of coins, brandishing them like some lost trophy from a forgotten kingdom.

"Now, do you think if we offer your boss this, he might give us some more stew to share, and let you two have a bit of studying time?"

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu smiled, immediately warming to the boy. The academy was hard enough without having overachievers in the family. He flicked through Shioris notes and nodded, taking in some points that he had missed in his own. The lesson had been fairly basic and luckily he was blessed with a half decent memory, making up for his fairly lacklustre work ethic. Years of memorising the specials had finally paid off it seemed. He laughed as Hiroshi offered up some money to pay for the stew. He was sat with two employees and didn't even seem to think about gaining some freebies.

"If only there was some staff around to get some aye?"

He winked at Shiori before leaving the table, returning with some stew he'd pinched from around the back.

"Thanks for the offer, but one of the perks of working here! What about you Shiori? Any siblings?

He realised that he knew practically nothing about their new employee, hiring him after practically meeting him. His gut had told him it was a great idea, but that was the same gut that also didn't like spicey food, so it could not be trusted. With a steaming bowl of stew in front of them and tea all round it was sure to be a chill afternoon.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori smiled as Megu brought the stew, sniggering a little at the conspiratorial wink directed his way. The expression was becoming easier and easier the more time he spent with his friends.

“What about you Shiori? Any siblings?”

The smile froze on the small boy’s face. He hadn’t thought about his brother in a long time. The events that spawned from his death and ended here and now in Konoha. He suppressed the initial wave of guilt for not thinking about his brother enough. Happy-go-lucky Ichirou wouldn't want his brother moping around. He would want him living his life, being the best he could be, making sure his family never went hungry.

The thought became a small revelation, and a weight lifted from Shiori’s shoulders. Like the sun peeking out from behind clouds, Shiori felt his good mood coming back in full force. The frozen grin faded, but the happiness was present in his eyes again, it had been missing whilst he had been thinking about his brother.

He ate a spoonful of stew, the meal still as excellent as when he first had it that morning.

“I did, but he’s back in the Moon country. That’s where I moved here from. Even though it’s called a country, it’s a small island. I always found that weird. I spent most of my time with him and my mother, until he went with my dad on a job. My brother taught me alot.”

He punctuated the statement with another spoonful of stew.

“Needs more pepper, I think, Megu.” He smiled again.

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroshi watched as Megu ignored the money that the silver-haired boy had brandished and instead made his way to the back, returning swiftly with some more stew for the group to share. He felt a warm glow of appreciation as Megu explained why he had ignored the offered coins, and Hiroshi stuffed the money back into his pocket as he happily began devouring the stew that had been freely offered. He listened intently as Shiori began to speak about his sibling back in the moon country, before offering a small critique on the stew that had been brought.

"Oh I don't know, it's pretty delicious to me! Your brother sounds like a pretty awesome person though, he must be very proud of you now given you've managed to enter the academy."

Hiroshi quickly ate, his hunger fully sated by the delicious meal he had been given. The final spoonful finished, the young boy dropped the utensil into the now-empty bowl with a flourish, leaning back in his seat and stretching idly as he glanced around the rest of the cafe. His eyes passed over the clock that was on the wall and felt a thrill of panic as he realised what time it was and, more importantly, that he was going to be late. His lazy relaxation thoroughly quashed, the boy threw his bits and pieces into the bag he had brought with him and rose swiftly, pausing as he reached his full (and admittedly underwhelming) height.

"Oh no, I've just seen the time and it looks like I'm going to be late getting home. It's been really nice meeting you both, I'll see you in the lesson tomorrow, and then maybe back here to hang out a bit when you aren't working? Anyway, let me know in the morning, and thanks again!"

Hiroshi waved at the pair as he spun on his heel and hurried from the building, his little legs carrying him home as quickly as he could.

Maybe the Academy wouldn't be so bad after all?

[topic left]

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu was surprised when Shiori revealed that he was from the Moon Country, but couldn't help but notice the way his smile dropped ever so slightly as he spoke about his family.

There's a story there somewhere, but I don't want him to tell us until he's ready.

He wondered what the place was like, and more importantly if it was anything like the moon. He nodded as Hiroshi made his excuses and left the restaurant. They had been there a long time, his shift felt like it had gone on for weeks. He was about to start speaking about his own family when Hiroshi noticed how late he was.

"Okay Hiroshi, I'm sure we'll see you in class!"

Throwing a half wave he cleared a few plates from a table beside them, moving them over to the bar area for collection. The place was almost dead, aside from a couple of lovebirds with a corner booth all to themselves. He made a mental note to 'accidentally' knock together a few plates to announce himself when he took the bill over.

Wiping down the tops his mind weighed heavy as he thought about his own family. His brother was barely present anymore, taking jobs further and further away. The money was good, but one of these days he knew he's be running a mission only to find out it was his brother who had been taken, or maybe even the target of their operation. Pushing the thoughts out of his head he called over to Shirori.

"I'm gonna head Shiori, it's been a long day. Pop round tomorrow to pick up your wages, and help yourself to whatever food is left over."

Picking up a box from the side he wandered out of the main doors. Suo was around somewhere to lock up and his shift for the day was done.

[Topic left]
MFT-311

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Hiroshi left, and Megumareta went back to work, Shiori realised his break had probably finished ages ago.

As if on cue, Suo came from the back, eyes scanning the restaurant. Shiori was up and moving before Suo could see him sat in the booth. She looked up a the man that could be described as an expanse more than a living being.

“Sorry, Mr. Suo. I wasn’t sure how long breaks were. It’s my first day after all.”

The cliff of a man tilted down, looking at the slight boy, his face breaking into a smile. A bone-shuddering THWACK! announced a ‘light hearted’ slap on the back. “Don’t worry, my boy! Just a few hours left, anyway. Get yourself back to it.” He chuckled as the boy skittered into the kitchen.

Though many of the customers had gone, just a scattering of patrons left, there was plenty for Shiori to do. He scrubbed and scrubbed, seeing Megu every so often, sharing a light-hearted comment here or there, the time passing well as Shiori’s hands became sore.

"I'm gonna head Shiori, it's been a long day. Pop round tomorrow to pick up your wages, and help yourself to whatever food is left over."

Shiori was snapped from his fugue state as his friend left.

He smiled and waved. The red haired boy disappearing into the darkening night.

“See you tomorrow, Megu!” He called out the door.

He had friends now, he supposed. He couldn’t wait tell his family!

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back