Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hmph. (Open)

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Titan's Keep - Sunday - 10:23 AM - Clear Skies

SoujiPost_zps8373cf8b.png

It wasnt much, but Souji would stand taking a work load for the morning watch so alot of family men could stay at home for their worship with their family. Souji hailed many 'Gods' in the heavens. All of which had their own stake for relevancy, but none more important than the next. However, that depended upon the person. Souji however, revered Nokuzu as his family did. Though her importance as a Goddess of the Night would seem to be shunned a bit... some took 'darkness' as evil. Which was not always the case. The night was as much of an importance as the day. The sun and the Moon. All of these things had their own meanings. All of them had their own share in the making of the whole. A small piece of a bigger more important puzzle. Like Souji himself, he thought of himself being the piece of the whole that kept everything running. If one piece slacked... the others could fall and stumble as if they were all dominoes standing in a straight line.

"Hmph... I wonder what these days will bring us...", speaking to a small black cobra attached to his left shoulder looking out over the cliffs overlooking the keep. Monitoring all the shipments and such. Souji's life as a Guardian seemed to be motioning a bit more now. It was amazing. With the dawning of a new era in his country he could feel the tides of the ever shifting waters that brought both Victory and Chaos. Many things he would never be able to distinguish... and one was the fact of the future's uncertainties. To a normal man, it those uncertainties could spell something abysmal, causing anxiety and ultimately causing them to become a hermit to the 'safety' and 'comfort' they had with a uniform life. No excitement but no danger. Souji had long since reached his inner peace with the fact that reaching Teleos would be nothing but... something that only the most perfect beings could reach.

And in the dark there was no perfection. Only growing death. Despair. And more darkness. However, whereever there was light the darkness would always smear its presence with it... ultimately causing the most excellent beings of light to be less than perfect by leaps and bounds. Could it be that Souji had reached it without even knowing? Teleos... was it a thing? Maybe... he'd have to speak with one of the Shaman about it to reach a better understanding on what he could do... but something was for certain. He was standing upon the cliff wearing his [normal attire] as he'd pull out a small cigarette and with a black gloved hand he'd light it with a literal shadow, a shadowed flame. However possible it was happening here and now. Some sort of mental magic... but maybe he would figure it out someday. Until then he'd do his duty...

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"How did I get here? Wasn't I supposed to be heading to the temple...?" Being in a brand new place, it was no wonder Katsumi would get lost. But the Stone ANBU corps were kind enough to accept him as one of their own, even though he had previously been in Mist. That wouldn't be apparent today, as he'd be dressed in his usual clothes that he'd wear in Mist. He just arrived in Stone recently and was still reeling from the loss of his home. He didn't really think about new clothes. Looking around, a spark of recognition spread over him in a brief moment, as he noticed that this is where he entered when first arriving. Of course...it's not like he wanted to pay attention to the scenery. The pain of losing Mist was all that he felt and acknowledged.

Having another look, he couldn't help but feel how...dark this place was. It was almost like this place would take him straight to Hell. He peered over at the incredible statue that guarded the wall, taking in it's appearance. "Well...this place is breathtaking. I shouldn't see evil where none exists." Katsumi brushed some hair away from his face, the fabric tied around his arm tightening with the motion. He knew that Mist would always be home for him, so to remind himself of that, Katsumi had tied the Mist Shinobi headband around his arm. The ANBU peered over to look at the swirling, dark ocean, wondering vaguely how deep it went. What foreign entities swarmed its depths. "Huh." He breathed in and out slowly, only then noticing the other man as he observed his surroundings a second time. He jolted in surprise, wondering how he could have missed him.

Katsumi hesitated only slightly before approaching the stranger. "I'm completely new here. I should really try and talk to someone." The man could tell that this stranger wasn't a refugee from Mist like himself. "Hello." He said simply, bowing to him a little. Katsumi was unsure of whether he should even be here right now. The customs, people, even the very soil was so new to him. He was unsure of literally everything he saw, and it was almost enough to bring back the old anxiety. Almost...

[MFT: 378]
[Topic Entered]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
The Titan's Keep, a huge fortification that protected the village as its natural defenses. When perched atop, one could easily gaze outwards and take in the scenic views surrounding the village on any side. Although there wasn't much highlight, there was a certain tranquility to be found watching as people clustered around the entry points, going about their day in a hurry.

Some came up here by choice, such as Seirika; the blonde shaman enjoyed the more quiet areas of the village, and the winds atop the walls carried away many sounds. It made a perfect place to walk. Others were here on duty, naturally acting as sentinels on the off chance something were to happen. Being on guard required a great deal of mental strength; how else was one supposed to endure through the long and dreary shifts without succumbing to the temptation of napping?

"You look bored, cousin." The shaman's quiet voice telepathically called out to the mind of the one who had the misfortune of being on duty today. And then she spoke normally. "Stuck on guard duty? Anything of note? There has been alot of incoming travelers recently. Refugee's, I think. It has been hectic at the clinic recently." She spoke again. With the sudden influx of village activity, many days became busy as packs of refugee's sought out the shaman's help. Many of them were weary, or sick, suffering from the stresses of a rough journey.

And it didn't seem like it would end soon. Her cousin was right; what would these days bring them? Only time would tell...Speaking of which..."Who's your friend here? He looked alittle lost up until now." She announced, sorting out the colorful bushel of flowers she had been carrying into several arrangements, offering the both of them a set. Mostly because she disliked the smell of smoke, but also as a greeting.

[Topic Entered]
|
Seiripb2.png

[Seirika]
[/col]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Titan's Keep - Sunday - 10:30 AM - Clear Skies

SoujisDarkness_zps945b8f6b.png

...Can you see the darkness...?

...Years before he had always been lonely... Always. And with how things were going he would continue to be... but... today was beginning to mark something different here. There were a few new people. Strictly ANBU under the codes of other legions. Accepted into the Ranks that Souji would belong to. Some, very good at what they did and were the refugees of the fallen empire... or well, Frozen empire. Not that it bothered Souji at all... he was simply someone that watched. Making sure that these people were of good use and could bring their religions and thoughts to the table as well as their bodies. Again, today would change things a bit. He could hear the breathing, someone was close and Souji only lowered his head before their approach.

"You look bored, cousin."

'I am quite bored and I'd like to eat a sandwi-...SEIRIKA YOU HAVE TO STOP THAT!', catching him within his mind before he could turn to even speak to the new kid. Obviously either someone new to the Guardians... or someone that was apart of those refugees in Kirigakure. And if it was the second... it would essentially be both. Shaking his head a bit, there was alot of things to take in with this new guy... girl...? Hm... the voice wasnt all that deep so it could be either. Souji's mind wasnt truly wondering all that much but with his stoic face and just 'straight' demeanor he would respond first to Seirika. "Nothing to note my dear cousin. Aside from the obvious...", the black snake upon his shoulder would turn and fan itself out showing the glorious markings along the black scales of its body only before submerging into Souji's clothing.

"Sorry things have been hectic... I'd help but the Shaman way of healing left my hands...", finally he'd turn his head to Katsumi before bowing himself showing respect to the new person. "Yes, I know this person...", nodding he'd tilt his head at the younger male wondering why he looked so meek. Certainly not strong enough to suffice in these harsh times. "However, he had not given me his name... Hello, I am Guardian Souji.", holding his hand out for a small handshake with a calm smile, but if this boy touched him he would feel a wave of emotion flowing through him. For the very touch of Souji caused euphoria... but sometimes it was worse because some people saw death in those visions... those nightmares. And it wasnt anything he could control. His inscriptions on his palms couldnt hold back the amount of chakra he often channeled.

This time though, it was... happiness.

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
“What, you’re saying he’s on duty?! B-But… he promised to play with me…”

Muttering those last words in annoyance Akari had walked out of the guards office, her cheeks puffed up in a pout of annoyance. That accursed weird-handed Souji! How did he dare to skip out on playing with her and instead take on a serious responsibility like the morning watch. Obviously playing with her was a lot, lot more important!

“Cut the guy some slack Akari, it’s a miracle that he’s been able to handle you for all those years.”

The Inuzuka canine snickered in amusement, sniffing in the air in an attempt to catch the scent of the man they were looking for. However, it seemed his jest had been noticed for Akari lightly whapped her fists onto the wolf’s back in protest.

“Are you calling me a nuisance?!”

The dog shook his head with a grin while he started to follow the trail that he had caught Souji’s scent on.

“Not at all Akari, just that you’re a really peculiar girl. In the end what girl decides to tackle and glomp her mentor in the middle of training camp?”

B-But that was because he was really nice and complimented her for succeeding with an exercise before anyone else in her unit had finished it! Now she thought about it, it was thanks to that training camp she met Souji, who was one of her teachers during that time and their friendship was born.

“Then how about Hitomi? It takes guts to grope a fellow Guardian WHILE ON DUTY!”

It was her friend’s fault for flaunting those pillows so much even while wearing armor!

“B-But I’m not annoying!”

The wolf shook his head in return, slowly stepping forwards while he replied curtly.

“No, you’re not annoying… you’re just a perverted kid.”

Okay… She was unable to retaliate to that comment considering the thing she did toward a certain shaman recently. Fortunately she was at least professional when the need arose. Still despite their conversation they had seemingly succeeded in finding Souji for in the distance the man was interacting with a familiar blond-haired girl and a stranger. Of course this sighting was a signal for Hakouro who instantly broke into a rapid sprint barking repeatedly.

WHITE EMPEROR COMING THROUGH! PREPARE YOURSELF SOUJI!!!

Clearly excited the dog attempted to tackle Souji onto his back and lick his face repeatedly while Akari sat on top of the dog with her arms folded beneath her ches.

“Guardian Souji, how dare you escape from our play session by means of morning watch! As punishment you’ll have a clean-up session from Hakouro~ And ooooh~ If it isn’t Seiri-chan~ A pleasure to see you again~”

And it was only after that she noticed the stranger they were talking to, making her tilt her head to the side in confusion.

“And it seems we have a visitor. Mai~ Mai~ Souji-nii, on duty and flirting with Seiri-chan while also dealing with a visitor? You’re certainly skilled at multi-tasking. How about I take over the flirting so you can focus onto the visitor?”

Snickering playfully Akari watched the Inuzuka wolf attempt to lick his face several more times.

-Dynamic ENTRY! (entered~)-​
|
dxgv8z.jpg

Shikino Akari
[/col]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Sorry for the wait! I just got done a brutal final...]

Another had joined the two solitary men at the gates. A pretty blonde woman who spoke of refugees just like himself. Katsumi observed her silently, his blue eyes piercing through her. Trying to see all he could see. When she addressed him however, he bowed respectively, placing his left hand over his heart. "My name is Katsumi. I'm a refugee from Mist. And yes...I did happen to be a bit lost...sorry." He straightened and smiled apologetically. It should be obvious that he's from Mist since he is wearing his old headband across his arm. "She's...eh??" Just now, Katsumi noticed the snake slithering around on the man's shoulder. He almost recoiled, staring at it and blinking furiously. "Where did that thing come from??" He tried regaining his posture, taking a breath. He eyed the man's clothing as the slithering slimy thing disappeared inside them.

Completely calm again, he couldn't help but blush slightly as the man introduced himself as Souji. "Guardian?" He couldn't help but inquire. Nothing of the sort had ever been in Mist. "Ah...sorry. I'm still...getting used to everything around here. I don't really know anything about this place." He hesitantly took his offered hand, and immediately flinched in surprise. All these years of training his brain, he'd come to expect that nothing would happen when touching another person. So..this was a bit of a shock to him as he felt...rather good. Wonderful even. It brought on a full look of surprise and completely reddened cheeks. "What was that?" He slowly, reluctantly pulled his hand away, continuing to blush as if he'd just thought up of some very crude things. "It's like I'm constantly being tested here..."

And again...he almost had a heart attack as a dog riding girl came out of nowhere to tackle the man he just had really strange feelings for. How could this day possibly get any weirder? He listened passively, trying his best not to make any expressions. "Eh...dogs. Reminds me of Hissori." He bowed his head to her as she acknowledged him. "Katsumi." He tried to slip his name in there while she was talking non stop. The man rubbed his head, wondering again...what was he doing here? "I wanted to explore...hoping for a quiet walk...maybe meet someone along the way...but eh..." He smiled sheepishly, attempting to laugh at the situation. "Ah so...Souji-san...Seiri-san...and...White...White Emperor?" He was really quite confused.

[MFT: 395]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ahh, the stoic Souji. Messing with that serious face was always amusing, although he inadvertently countered with his...pet? "Thats not creepy at all, cousin..." Seiri began as she watched the dark snake retreat within the folds of her cousin's clothing. Come to think of it, aside from when they were younger, she wasn't really all that aware of Souji's current habits. Did he always have a snake with him? Where did it curl up to? Actually, she didn't even want to know about that part, but she was interested in her cousin's habit. "We all have our own roles, cousin. Your hands are gifted with different skills than my own." The amusing part was that it could be taken quite literally, actually.

Her cousin's odd tendencies aside, the shaman turned her attention to the refugee, gazing at him for something that would distinguish him. She had seen many refugee's, but could not recall this boy. "Welcome to the village of Stone, Katsumi-san. I am Shaman Seirika. Souji-san is the odd one, but not all of us are as stra-" She began to bow while introducing herself, but...but...

Well, Akari happened.

Nevertheless, she tried to continue; "-nge. May...you have favor with...The Five?" She finished, unsure how to proceed. "I see you are as lively as ever. Please stay out of trouble, Akari-san..." Granted, it was kinda late for that. This girl...was quite peculiar, to say the least. One day, she was going to mistakenly grope the wrong person in the wrong way. Hell, she was already well along the path of being registered as Iwa's local offender....on the path of an offender...Akari. Around the stoic Guardian. (I...have a bad feeling about leaving her like this.) Of course, she was unaware of Akari's affiliation with him, or how she'd likely escape without much reprisal.

Being the over-caring older sister she was, perhaps it was in her better interest to keep a lookout for Akari rather than leaving after a quick friendly greeting. Congratulations, Akari has moved to Shousuke-status.

"Actually...Hakouro; come here please. Are you protecting Akari-san well? Stay strong, Hakouro." She mentally called out to the wolf's mind, attempting to pet and divert the canine's attention away from her cousin. You know, small favors and all that. "I take it you have already known Akari-san then, cousin? I doubt even she would be bold enough to be so forceful for a first-time greeting." Actually she took that back. She new from personal experience that the small girl had little restraint...

[Marked]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Titan's Keep - Sunday - 10:37 AM - Clear Skies

SoujisDarkness_zps945b8f6b.png

...Can my darkness be your light...?

His face completely still it would be as if he had nothing on his mind. Completely like a blank slate.... or an empty canvas for the artistry of minds to paint a delicate picture. Souji would listen to his cousin, looking her up and down slowly. She reminded him of Haruka... in terms of looks... and Souji had a thing for 'different' women. Haruka being one, Seirika being another. A certain Pink haired Sennin and a few others. However, he didnt and wouldnt make any obvious moves as of yet but nodding and giving a smirk to Seirika it was... common for him to do that though. The Snake was cunning... so he had to be as cunning as his demeanor would allow. Either way with how this meet and greet was going he would end up having to tell Akari something he would rather not want to.

Looking first to Katsumi he'd look at the reaction, just what he wanted., though Souji had something in mind for this boy. A new recruit in the Guardian corps and he woudl definitely want to see how spiritual he could make this boy. Or... if the 'Gods' saw favor on him. Though, outsiders were rarities... he wasnt sure if it would work. "Aye, Katsumi... very nice to officially meet you. I'll get you better acquainted with how we do things around here... Just be patient. The shadows will consume you... and if you dont want to end up warped... listen to my every instruction.", nodding he would look back to his cousin wondering if she could hear his thoughts, but if she could... he'd be sending some crude images to her. threesomes and such. Nothing too out there... but maybe she wouldnt see anything... who knew.

Then Akari happened...

"Hakouro, Its okay buddy, its been a while...", then without him thinking he would.... ugh... he'd smile. He did enjoy Akari's presence. She was one of the few that could resist his touch. Though maybe it was because of her puppet-like attributes. Or maybe it was that she took to his training and still came out quite well from it. Even still very happy and open. Souji's perfect student. Though the dog would not lick him he'd pull it close and hug it tightly before letting the beast back down. "Cousin. Akari is my student. She's very skilled... alot more than she lets off... but I've told Akari that she might need to calm down sometimes." and just like that the smile would all but disappear. His eyes glowing a dull blue once again and his stretched grin would turn back into the stoic flat expression... but something was different. The Glowing shadow around him seemed to diminish a bit and he opened up a bit more. HIs posture less defensive he even held went to his cousin to bring her into a hug. Hopefully she would not deny him. He couldnt help the genjutsu he channeled but she would feel the same things he felt right now. Happiness, Love, affection.... something that you could only feel when you're around someone you love deeply. Family... or a significant other.

Or both... 'I do miss you being around cousin... we should get something to eat sometime and catch up.', he'd whisper uin her ear if she allowed the hug.

Either way... Souji's hug wouldnt last that long before he turned back to Katsumi, "Hm~ So... You are from Kirigakure? The Frozen abyss now?"

[MFT]

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
The large canine barked in agreement to Souji’s words, briefly nuzzling his head against the man’s cheek before Seirika’s voice crept into his mind, making him look at the girl while barking in return.

Hearing you speak in my head is kind of creepy you know. Albeit I wonder what sort of thoughts you’d hear if you tried to enter Akari’s mind… I won’t be held responsible if you get traumatized as a result.

Seemingly amused by the fact the girl was communicating through his mind the Inuzuka dog made his way over to Seirika while Akari hopped off the dog’s back and helped Souji back onto his feet, at least if he needed her aid. Afterwards the girl listened attentively to Souji’s words while she nodded her head in agreement.

“True, being able to remain calm and calculating in combat is part of a true shinobi their nature. Fortunately we’re not battling so I don’t have to remain serious right?”

Pondering about the question Souji would likely know that a serious Akari was a scary Akari. In the end it wasn’t just for nothing that she was often considered to have a defense akin to a fortress and those who knew her methods of fighting would likely agree that it was in the community’s best interests to refrain from having Akari act serious for an extended period of time.

Amusingly enough it appeared that Souji was finally given a harassment-free moment when Hakouro returned to her side and nuzzled against her hand, making the girl pet his head lightly while turning toward Katsumi, a look of confusion in her eyes.

“White Emperor? I’m surprised you recognize the meaning of Hakouro’s name~ It’s an Arcadian name so I didn’t expect a stranger to recognize it~ You’re pretty smart Kat---- Cat---- Neko-kun~ And my name is Akari, just like Souji-nii said~”

Finally after the hug attempt of Souji had finished Akari walked back toward Seirika and asked with an innocent smile.

“How is Shou-chan doing? Hopefully we’ll all be able to visit that place again soon~”

Hinting at the location they had first met Akari did wonder about how Shousuke was doing. During their first encounter she had grown rather fond of the feminine boy, almost as much as she started to like Seirika. In the end the way their first encounter had unfolded certainly was unexpected to say the least.

Perverts attract perverts, albeit I bet Seiri is a different type of pervert. I bet my snacks that she has a lolicon complex.

Curious about what the dog mentioned Akari leaned toward the Inuzuka canine to ask it with a hint of curiosity in her tone.

“Loli… is that a type of candy?”

The dog snickered lightly as he sat onto his hind legs and looked with a very dignified expression at Akari, trying to mimick a sage trying to teach his student.

Yes Akari, a loli is a very sweet type of candy. How about you confirm this by asking if Seiri wants a loli of her own.

Oh boy, if only people could understand the barks that were being said right now… Practically darting up to Seirika the girl leaned up to whisper into the shaman's ear.

“Ne~ Ne~ Seiri-chan, do you want a loli?”

Hakouro, you are one wicked wolf…

(marked for training)​
|
dxgv8z.jpg

Shikino Akari
[/col]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That...that snake..." Katsumi's eye twitched slightly as he continued to scan Souji for any sign of the slithery beast. Seirika spoke of the man's hands, and it made Katsumi look at his own. Even now he could feel the slight waves of energy bending around him. It was the annoying side effect of the intense training he'd undergone. Flexing his fingers a little, he pondered on what happened with Souji. "That was some kind of Genjutsu right? I'll have to ask him about it later..." Even after that grand entrance Akari made...Seirika still finished the greeting she had started. Katsumi scratched his head, tilting it to the side slightly. His eyes flicked from the dog, to Souji, then to Akari, and finally to Seirika once more. "Oh...ah...thank you. I hope to get along with you all." Confusion swept over him. "If you don't mind me asking...I know it must be annoying...but what are the five?" He spoke "the five" literally...not giving it any significance that "The Five" entailed. "Eh...is it always like this here?" It's not like he minded much...but ever since his training, he really enjoys quiet places and quiet people.

With Souji's promise to teach him everything he needed to know, he breathed a sigh of relief. He was starting to feel overwhelmed. "Thank you...Souji-san.-" Ah and then it got a little weird again. Consuming shadows...warping...demands. Katsumi rubbed his head again with a blush, pretending to just understand and to go with it. He really didn't think he could understand in such a short amount of time. "Alright...um...I shall listen to you." Katsumi didn't want to feel intimidated by this man, nor give any signs that he was intimidated. But the man's attention was already drawn away from him. Katsumi looked back towards the dog, passively listening to the conversations going around. He really did love animals. Even that snake...he felt had some majestic beauty about it.

With the constant barking from the dog, and the Akari girl responding to them...Katsumi had to assume she could somehow understand him...her? The blue haired man smiled briefly, trying to hide it by tilting his head towards the ground slightly. He wondered what would happen if he could talk to Mayonaka and understand her too. "Oh...no." He gestured with his hands to let Akari know she misunderstood him. "I didn't know..I just heard you shouting it...before you uh...before you appeared." He grinned, showing his pearly whites, laughing a little and trying to cover up his embarrassment. Did this energetic girl just give him a nickname? "Kat...Cat? Hah...I kinda like that." Katsumi lifted an eyebrow as the dog barked some more. He really wanted to get in on what was being said between the two. He's always been curious like that.

Ignoring Akari's sudden dash towards the blonde woman, he turned his head slightly towards Souji. And just like that...he felt pain as he was reminded of his beloved home. Of course...when wasn't he? Whenever he looked around him, all he could think about was how nothing looked like home. "Ah...Kirigakure. I was one of the later people to leave. I wanted...to make sure that the storms weren't going to subside. I wanted to make sure if the land would return to normal before I abandoned it." Trying to distract himself, he walked a bit closer to the cliff to peer out into the ocean.

[MFT: 563]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back