Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Horse Whisperer [Open?]

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Nope. Nope. No, no, no, no, no. Oppa, I don't wanna!"

Having given up on the kicking and screaming method, Yume was dragged along the ground like a sack of potatoes by her wrists. The manager pulled her along easily with the one hand, while the other was flipping through pages of his planner.

"Big boss wants you riding a horse for the trailer of your upcoming album, you're riding a horse," came the succinct reply.

"But animals hate me! I bet you dinner that whatever horse you got for this is gonna buck me off and then kick me for good measure!"

"You'll have a crash course on how to properly ride a horse and then the film crew will arrive to get started." Ugh, he wasn't even listening to her at all. Yume began to wriggle and squirm again, though the attempt was over just as quickly as it started. With a sigh, the girl let herself be dragged again, glowering up at the clear sky.

"Can you pretty please call a friend in for moral support? I want a hug when I inevitably get a ruptured lung."

"Stop being dramatic. We're here."

He lifted her up to her feet to stand, rolling his eyes as he clicked on his headset. Perhaps he was now giving into Yume's ridiculous demands? Before the starry eyed idol could ask, he cut her off. "I'm confirming that the horse the company has asked for is coming. You stand there and wait."

"B-But... Oppa! Oogh!" Yume puffed her cheeks, spinning her heel around with her arms crossed. Peeking over her shoulder to make sure that her manager was busy enough, the girl clicked into her own headset and whispered frantically.

"Gumi-chan. Gumi-chan, if you're there please come to the base of Hokage Rock. It's a matter of life and death, Gumi-chan! Plea-!"

Click.

"AHH!!!" The yell echoed through the air, as the idol flailed at her manager in frustration.

OOC said:
Thread started with NPC - U<3ME Manager.

Marked for training - Word count 250+

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
死の恋人 or Death Darling, while not the best name for a weapon shop the owner was a genius of creating tools of death not names. This was the shop Megumi found employment at after her and the owner had a little competition to see who was the better shot. She lost the bet and now she works with the skirt chasing fool. While she did not enjoy his new proclamation of meeting the love of his life every week, his workshop was a craftswoman’s wet dream.

Megumi would man the front of the shop, watching over the rows, crates and cases full of weapons and gear cluttered the store front. A man with frizzy brown hair, wearing a long white t-shirt that covered the top half of is teal shorts. Sliding in front of Megumi holding out the newest teen leaf magazine with a lust filled look in his eyes. “ Whwhat is this Megumi-chan”! Speaking in an over excited, but upset tone. He would flip through the book showing the pictures she modeled for the new clothing and weapon shop that had just opened. “ How could you betray me Megumi-chan”. Going in for a hug as he acted and spoke in a hurt tone.

Pushing him away with her foot as she was working on a special piece for an upcoming event. She did not even to brother to look at the magazine as she was uninterested in answering him. The owner would try and show Megumi that he cared for his staff even if the staff did not return the affection. Reeling back the teary eyed owner would look on the verge of tears as he spoke. “ how could you betray me”! Sighing at the man she would give him an answer, “ If i betrayed you i would be working there instead of here in this death trap. I saw their merchandise nothing to worry about, it’s nothing to compare to the Death’s Darlin”.

The owner would perk right up as he spoke. “ Oh my lovely Megumi-chan you were simply getting a feel for the competition i knew you would never betray me”! Going back to looking at the pictures. “ Now that you're a model, why don’t we do a couple advertisements for the shop, maybe even get you to stand out in front of the shop”!? As he looked back to Megumi his plans shatter against her cold stare. “ Maybe… just a autograph, or a hook up with some of your new friends”. Megumi’s expression did not change.

As her boss kept taking in the pictures with glee, a call came in on her new headset she had just got recently with the pay from when she modeled. Answering it she heard what sounded to be Yume on the other end. As she whispered that she needed help and to come to hokage rock a scream rang out over the headset and the call ended. Yelling back into the headset trying to get an answer.

Jumping up Megumi would start grabbing enough weapons to take on a small army. The owner who was watching her in confusion and concern, “ What is going on Megumi”? His expression and tone would shift from a light hearted and flirty to serious and cold. As Megumi continued to set up her loadout,, “ My friend that i helped with the modeling is in trouble, i don’t know who it might be after her but i’ll find out”. The owner would nod and toss over her holsters.

As Megumi set out of the Hokage Rock, she would look at the owner as she left with a teasing smile. “ Sorry for skipping out on work, i’ll get you some sighed pictures to make up for it”. Leaving the shop she would rush to Yume’s whereabouts ready to turn whoever is after her friend into a burnt outline on the ground.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A star is born.

It goes without saying that today was a fine day to be a horse, or so Kukki thought as she trotted along the shady path to the summit of Hokage Rock. She was the stunning image of a well-kept Sunan Mare; tall and fit, with a shining chocolate coat. Her ebony mane flowed elegantly in the breeze, and the posture of her stride was exemplary. Kukki was the apple in the eye of the village’s stable, and today that apple had been plucked for use by a lucrative entertainment agency. There was never a horse who wanted to be a star as bad as this lovely equine maiden.

Mounted upon her saddle was none other than her master Kaji, who seemed more like a chaperone today, than the owner of the energetic mare. He was in a casual appearance, dressed in the typical buttoned collared shirt with black suspenders, earth-toned slacks, and boots fit for adventuring. Brisk wind danced in his hair as he arrived on Kukki’s back to the set of a music video. Click click. Kaji made a repeating sound, trying to impressively bring the talent to a stop, but Kukki was doing her own thing, and kept trotting around the busy film-shoot environment. Click click! Kaji kept beckoning his mount to stop in place, yet she continued making her rounds, approaching the crew to nuzzle them and demand they pet her.

“H-hello, everyone” Kaji addressed the group of strangers steadily surrounding him, and could already feel the heat of the producer preparing to barrel down on him and his unobedient nag. Kaji’s cheeks were uncharacteristically red with embarrassment, and he made haste in dismounting from the mare once Kukki was caught in the excitement of the extra attention. “This is quite a set, and what a view” Kaji said enthusiastically, already posturing an effort to save face, knowing that Kukki was going to be hot-mess central, today.

The moment the shinobi stepped away from Kukki, the art department swarmed the horse, gently dressing her for the music video according to the Director’s vision. Kukki was totally compliant for them though, and resembled a humble actress as she received her wardrobe for the day.

Meanwhile, Kaji used his downtime to explore the set a bit, and made his way towards the craft-services table, which was covered with snacks and drinks galore. Always full of curiosity, Kaji was taking in an eyeful of the set while he nibbled on a juniper berry granite cake from the snack stand. He did not know much about the project before agreeing to bring Kukki, and this experience was a world apart from what he expected. As he watched, trying to gain an understanding of what was happening, Kaji quickly recognized who the star of this fiasco was; it wasn’t Kukki, instead it was the panicking woman, kicking and screaming in the grass. Though Kaji did not know her by name yet, Kaji would never forget the day he met Yume, terrified and sprawled out in a fit of mad resistance.

- WC: 511
- Kaji has entered the Thread

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The manager bowed first to Kaji in greeting, ignoring the repeated hits against his arm by Yume. He straightened up, staring at her with a deadpan. "Yume. Yume. Stop being a child; Kaji-san is here. He'll give you the rundown on horseriding."

The girl froze, hastily straightening up and throwing her entire upper torso down in a bow. "N-Nice to meet you! I'm Yume, from U<3ME. Please be kind to me!"

Please let that horse be kind to her, more like.

As Kaji went off to the catering table of food, Yume turned to her manager with a pleading stare. Her hands grabbed against his suit in desperation. "Oppa, please I am begging you for the sake of my health, can we please get a double to do the horse scene? Look at me begging you!"

The man only turned away and pretended to look at his planner. "You're the one that said all those years ago that you don't need stunt doubles. Go now, we're supposed to shoot soon."

"B-But... Wah..."

Defeated, Yume took in a shaky breath and walked over to the horse and the assistants that was dolling her up and put on a bright smile right in front of the mare.

"Let's work hard together, okay?" she said towards Kukki, though it was directed to the other human employees just as well. That might as well have made more sense, it's not like Kukki could understand what she's saying. She went to pat Kukki on the nose, flinching back when the mare withdrew away. Moving over to the side of the horse, Yume stared blankly at the stirrups while the assistant finished up with their preparations.

When they were done and moved out of the way, Yume inhaled again. Okay, let's do this. Kukki came in with Kaji riding on her, the assistants approached her with no problem, what's a little idol girl just sitting on the saddle, right?

Looking towards Kaji with a mix of confusion and apprehension, she followed his instructions on how to mount on Kukki. Her eyes were shut tight initially when she sat on the saddle, clinging tightly onto the reins. After a couple of seconds, one eye opened, then the other. So far nothing has happened. Perhaps she was being nervous for nothing? Yume let out an exhale of the breath she didn't realise she had even been holding.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Barreling down the roof tops of the village. Megumi moved as if she was trying to break the sound barrier. As she thought of what she might face, a horrifying thought popped into her mind. Could it of been hijikata hassing Yume because she got close to or was it a rabid fan or more bandits like the ones in the class she taught? The clacking of roof tiles from her steps would count down the small window of time she had to possibly save her friend. She hoped that none of the watch try and stop her as she looks like a mobile munitions store with all of the bombs and tools she had on her person.

With her path to Hokage Rock uninhibited thankfully, the sight that she came upon was not what she was expecting. Instead of bandits or mercenaries lining the tops of her village's past leaders. It was stylists, tailors, cameras and workers setting up what looks to be a movie scene. Megumi would be the elephant in the room, as she looked as if she was dressed to star in a action movie. Scanning the set with an annoyed expression as she had gone out of her way to help someone who was not in any trouble. As Megumi looked for the idol that was going to get more than a piece of her mind when she finds her. Looking over at the snack table nothing seemed to be out of order except for a underdressed man with suspenders laying over his button up shirt that held up his bland earthy brown slacks. Ignoring the abnormal man that stood out amongst the glitz and glamour of the movie industry with his complete normality.

Continuing her search for the idol that cried wolf. The longer it took to find her the more annoyed she started to get. When she found her friend and if she was unharmed, Megumi would give her something to cry about. Buzzing around the set looking as if she was on a warpath. Megumi would track down the fiber with a horse no less. Looking at the airbrushed and decorated horse, she momentarily forgot about how she was going to help Yume lose some extra weight. Megumi had never seen a horse in person before, of course she knew what it was it’s just that ninja have no need of horses.

Refocusing and directing her anger at Yume, Megumi quickly and aggressively approached the idol. “ Hey Yume, i got your call it was hard to make out but it sounded as if you were in trouble. However everything appears to be well”. The pure rage that exuded from Megumi and her passive aggressive tone told Yume that she had about three seconds to explain before Megumi would try out some of ninja tools out on her.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The granite cake was dissolved down to a last morsel as Kaji arrived by the side of the stylists, which transformed Kukki into a steed worthy of supporting royalty. He was now standing besides Yume again; she was marveling at Kukki, who resembled a mountain of adversity to the idol. The moment of their meeting was surreal for both Yume and Kukki, as the horse was looking upon Yume with similar trepidation. Equine eyes were focused upon the idol as she came closer, and Kukki lowered her head like a humbled greeting as the darling lady was within reach. "Let's work hard together, okay?" The sound of Yume’s voice did not startle Kukki, in fact it soothed the horse, and established Yume as potential friend, rather than the competition for her star performance, today.

Performing 1d20 Animal Handling Check for Yume: 17

And as Yume faced her fear of the equine beast, Kaji arrived by her side to calm her worried nerves. He was trying his best to encourage Yume, but knew that Kukki would in fact reject Yume, or anyone she did not want to carry the burdens of. Kukki was dressed to match Yume’s outfit, from a new saddle made just for her shoot, to a new saddle-skirt made to match Yume’s ensemble down to the exact fabric. Before encouraging Yume to place a foot into Kukki’s stirrups, Kaji double-checked the security of Kukki’s fancy new wardrobe, making sure that the saddle was worn firmly, and comfortable for his four-legged friend.

Without a mounting block in-sight, Kaji figured he would do in helping Yume climb onto the horse. He cupped his hands together firmly, insisting that Yume could step into his grasp, and he would provide her the extra leverage to climb onto Kukki’s back. “Don’t worry,” Kaji told the rising star as he ushered into the mounting process. And then he assured her that “riding a horse is as easy as walking on water.” With a one, two, and three count, Yume found herself straddling the designer saddle, and her devoted crew were applauding at the feat. Her manager was ecstatic if not relieved, and the other crew members were impressed that the horse hadn’t bucked her off immediately. As her fear dissipated, Yume dared to open her eyes and see the world from her position on the literal high-horse. The appearance of the idol was nothing short of majestic when paired with the horse, and together they painted a portrait of elegant beauty, captivating them all, even Kaji, who was never easily impressed. The sun’s glow was warm and enhancing, creating a heavenly appeal that sent the on-set photographer into a state of mania. The stunted photographer was swarming around the pair, and kept bumping into Kaji as he continued repositioning for a better shot.

“Ok, now that you’re mounted…” Kaji was on the verge of continuing the stream of important information, but the busy photographer gravitated into him again. “Now that you’re mounted, don’t make any sudden moves. Kukki responds to your gestures as commands.” Then the photographer had his fill for the moment, and backed away, uninterested in capturing Kaji within the frame of the behind-the-scene photos he was taking of Yume with the mare. Kaji came along, passing around Yume and Kukki, repositioning her feet to rest properly on each stirrup, and pulling the reigns to ideal positions in her delicate hands. “I think you’re ready to ride” Kaji told Yume with a grin, to as much of her relief as his own.

And as Yume’s apprentice of sorts arrived, Kaji noticed Megumi make her approach, but was focused on tending to the needs of Kukki for the moment. “Hey Yume, I got your call... it was hard to make out, but it sounded as if you were in trouble. However everything appears to be well.” The young girl had a unique and straight forward tone, and addressed the idol seated upon Kukki as if they were good friends. Kaji became distracted and fished a brush out of the saddle-bag to touch up Kukki now that the mounting was complete, but the horse walked away with Yume in tow, deciding she would go to greet her newest fan. Yume resembled a hostage to Kukki’s whim as the horse approached Gumi.

“Hello there” Kaji joined the horse’s greeting, attempting to bridge the gap in case Gumi had a frightful reaction similar to Yume. “My name is Kaji,” he continued speaking, but the sight of him was hidden behind the incorrigible horse, which demanded Gumi’s praise first! “And this is Kukki; apparently she thinks she is Yume’s co-star today.” As he said so, Kukki entered Gumi’s personal space, sniffing at her and rearing her unexpectedly pearly-white teeth. It was safe to assume the mare would not bite. She was introducing herself to Gumi, and recognized the little girl to be an ideal worshipper in making. “You may pet me now, human” the intelligent horse’s gesture implied.

- WC: 831

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Like the gods playing a sick prank on her, Yume found herself... perfectly fine. It was a surreal feeling, looking well over the heads of everyone. She caught the eye of her manager, forcing a weak smile at him as he stared back with a very apparent don't-screw-this-up-or-else-it's-early-double-workout-for-you look on his face. Yume let out another sigh, absentmindedly playing with a strand of Kukki's mane as she forced her heart to slow. Kaji's words of encouragement helped.

What didn't help was the approaching, stalking figure of a familiar face. It didn't take an Uchiha to notice the array of weapons on Megumi's person, and she was afraid to ask what else she had hidden. "Uhh... It still kind of is... Maybe...? Gumi-chan, you don't understand how much animals hate me, either they run away or try to kill me, it's only one or the other! Kukki here... Uh... Kukki..."

Although she had no explanation how she isn't killed right now. It's the work of the gods, the work of the gods! She wanted to say that. Gods probably found her life a hoot to toy with, or something.

A sudden jolt of movement had her almost lose balance. Yume fell forward promptly, smacking her nose against Kukki's crest. "O-Ouch..." she whimpered, attempting to sit back up and rub the pain away. Sure enough, more movement had her lose balance again and Yume found herself slumped over in an awkward position, clinging onto the reins for dear life (not that reins were going to support her up at all) before panicking on the idea of slipping off and falling.

'I'm so gonna die!' she thought frantically. 'Either the horse tramples me to death or Gumi unleashes a barrage of pointy stuff at me...! Why did the director want this in the MV...?! This is literally how I die, I hope you're happy, Oppa!'

How many scenes did she have horseriding or anything animal-related at all?! In the distance, the director called for a practice run around the area before shooting one of the first scenes of the day - great plan. Great day. She was sooo sure of it...

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even as interesting as it was to see a real live horse in person. Megumi was to annoyed by Yume’s lie to be brother by or with the pony. Her brash introduction seemed to get the attention of the horse as it took the idol for a ride as it approached the small girl. The horse seemed intent on having Megumi attention as it broke through her personal space and sniffed and reared at her flashing it’s surprising white teeth. As the horse gesture her to pay attention to it, Megumi would place a hand on it’s snout to keep it at bay while she spoke with the owner and Yume.

Not being able to see the man that introduced himself as Kaji, due to the horse’s extreme narcissism. Hearing that name sparked her memory of Yama saying that he was being trained by a person named Kaji. However she doubted that he was the one that he spoke of, as a stable boy does not seem like an interesting past time for a ninja. Kaji would also introduce his horse that seemed to be doing a fine job of introducing itself just fine.

Not really in the mood for small talk, but Kaji and the horse were not the ones that lied to her. “ Nice to meet the both of you i am Tanigawa Megumi. Now that we are acquainted i have business with the one who employed you and your noble steed”. Turning to her friend, Megumi would look and listen to her bumble around trying to find an actual reason to justify lying to her. “ Well i can confirm that one animal here hates you right now”. Megumi was getting more and more annoyed with her friend. “ You know if you called me out and told me the truth instead of making it seem like someone was not trying to kidnap you, i would be less upset”.

It might of been due to Megumi distracting Yume, that the sudden jerk caused her to smack her nose on the horse's crest. “ See that’s called karma”. As Yume rubbed her nose the and did not focus on keeping her balance. Slumping over and losing her balance, Yume would panic and hold onto her awkward position.

Seeing her friend in such distress was all the apology that Megumi needed. Going over to the tangled up idol, she would try to calm Yume down and help her back up while holding a wide grin as she laughed at the idea that she might actually be in danger now.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed as if everything would go swimmingly, or so Kaji hoped as he had Yume successfully mounted on Kukki’s saddle. But then, all it took was a small distraction of the literal kind to return the pop-star to a state of distress. A brash young kunoichi had emerged, and alerted Kaji with her aggressive, corrective energy. As unassuming as he was professional, Kaji paid Yume’s accomplice little mind at first, and Kukki’s intervention removed Kaji from their conversation entirely. Gumi was stressing her dissatisfaction in being summoned for nothing, though her anger would soon turn that nothing into the sum of Yume’s fear.

Kukki paid little mind when Yume innocently brushed against the nape of her neck; she was used to much rougher handling, whether it was by accident or necessity when delivering her owner on the battlefield. And the delicate idol made a much more complimentary rider than Kaji, and his abundance of weaponry. She was a powerful steed whom was as tough as she was elegant, however a bruised ego was an entirely different story.

While Gumi was lecturing Yume, she was failing to pet Kukki satisfactorily, in addition to causing undue stress to Kukki’s co-star. At the peak of Gumi’s reprimanding replies, Kukki backed her face away from her touch in protest, and shook her face, sending her mane wagging behind it. “Neeeeh” she whined. And then her discomfort became physical too, as Yume was a casualty of the protest, and was dislodged, sloped over the side of her saddle. Ensnared by her reigns and her feet caught in the stirrups, Yume quickly became a prisoner to the will of Kukki, which was beginning to panic in response to Yume’s dismay. The horse was too wise for her own good, and could see the ticket to her future burning up before her very eyes. The off-centered saddle was pinching the mare’s side now, sending painful sensations to her mind, and the combined dismay incited a panic attack, simply too great for Kukki to bear.

Instinctually, Kukki first expressed her wrath by turning on the source of her ire: Gumi, and assaulted the child by siezing a mouthful of her silken raven hair. The weight of small Gumi was nothing to the mare; and she sought to wring her out like a bath cloth for disrespecting Yume that way. “Kukki stop”, Kaji was demanding her to cease, but fell on deaf ears while he was busy aiding Yume. The horse’s handler was below Yume, supporting her in an attempt to alleviate the pressure on Kukki’s saddle, and to save the idol from more embarrassment than she was due for one day. There was only chaos between the three humans and the horse now: it was a chaos sandwich, hold the mayo.

“My greatest apologies” Kaji insisted as he wrestled to aid Yume, and gain control of the situation without bringing harm to his faithful steed, his high-profile client, and an innocent child on the verge of being stripped bald.
“I swear, Kukki has never behaved this way before!”

- WC: 511

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They must really be laughing it up there in the heavens. Before she knew it, Yume was sliding off the side of the mare. Her panic that slowly ebbed away was returning with double the power. "Eep! Omomomomomo, help!"

She was so going to kill the manager AND the director for making her do this! Speaking of, the pink haired manager rushed over to the calamity as well, trying his best to assist in freeing Yume's feet from the stirrups. Yume can literally drop on the ground and scrape an arm for all he cared, as long as this situation didn't escalate to something more disastrous. An assistant stepped forward with intention to help as well, only to be shooed back by the manager. The last thing anyone needs here was a swarm around the horse.

"Stay calm, Yume," he said, following the advice of Kaji on setting Yume free safely for both parties. Another thing they didn't want to deal with: being sued for accidentally hurting Kukki.

The lack of response from the idol almost made him panic outwardly. His hand tapped rapidly against her cheek, silently coaxing a response. To him and everyone else's eyes, she had fainted.

To Yume and the rest of the gods, it was more like an astral projection of sorts. Stepping out of time to watch the insanity before her, Yume's spirit covered her face in her hands.

"This is literally how I die," she mumbled. "Oppa, I'm gonna kill you for this." Her voice echoed faintly among the air, like how one would question their sanity and reality after hearing... a something call out their name. A something they couldn't identify.

Yume sighed from the distance, watching the men free her from the lopsided saddle. Yume's body fell into the manager's arms as he tapped her against her cheek again. "Yume. Wake up."

Well now that she looked relatively safe, the girl stepped back into time and into her body. Her blue eyes opened without confusion or fatigue, though the heartbeat was still racing and a headache was probably forming. She sat up, dismissing Kaji's apology with a smile and saying it was okay. It was just an accident, that's it.

Not there was the issue of Gumi's hair. Jumping onto her feet and stumbling with the awkward rush of blood, Yume waved her hands before her, hesitant to literally step in between the two. "A-Ah it's okay! Please stop! We're totally fine right? Let's just touch up and start the shoot!"

What was she doing, talking to a horse?! She wouldn't understand her. Glancing over to Kaji, she was at an utter loss.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While the heavens might be laugh so to was Megumi, at her friend's misfortune. Looking at the tangled mess that was the idol amongst the reins and stirrups. Watching as she panic and flailed helplessly atop her mobile prison.

Trying to help get the crybaby unstuck, but she kept moving and panicking, “ Yume calm down, i ca”! Before she could finish her stance she felt a forceful tug on her hair. Letting out a yells as the horse had clamped down on her hair. Being fling around like a flag at the start of a race or someone flapping their wet clothes before putting them out to dry. Megumi could not move her head as the force was to strong.

Hearing it's owner yell at it to stop, but the horse did not listen to it’s owner. Megumi could not understand why they would use such an untamed horse for the shoot. The pain of feeling her hair pull at her scalp was getting more and more unbearable every moment. If she did not do something she either going to lose part of her scalp or get her neck broken by the massive force it is being put under. As she was being tossed around she went into her hostler and pulled out a kunai. Being constantly flung around and her being unable to get a shot of where her hair was being pulled from. She would have to wait for the right moment and go by where she felt the most pain.

As the horse brought her up Megumi would quickly swipe through the part she felt the most pain. Feeling the pain subside with small tugs and the sound of her hair snapping. Hitting the ground, she rolled and faced the horse with her weapon drawn. If the horse charged she would put it down as if was wild and a danger to everyone.

Looking around the shoot it seemed that the owner and her manager along with a few of the staff had gotten Yume down safely. Seeing the loose and unconscious Yume, made her worry that the blow she took might of been worse than she thought.

Looking at the beast that almost killed her and her friend. Megumi’s eyes were ablaze as she would put this animal down as it was too much of a danger to try and calm it without risking the lives of the people here.

Bringing out some ninja wire, she could hog tie the horse and remove it’s mobility and reduce the risk of it causing more trouble. Megumi was about to throw the kunai to use it as a distraction while she bound the beast and safely euthanize it. Before she did Yume jumped up and waved her hands around and yelled from them to stop and that it was okay. Looking at Yume with confusion and anger. “ What are you talking about, this horse is dangerous, and you want to try and shoot a film with it”! Looking at Yume, who turned her attention to Kaji. Megumi did not want to hurt the animal, but it is a danger. She would look to Kaji and give him one more chance, and if he fails she is putting the wild animal down.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The once innocent mare had a devil-eyed stare locked onto Gumi as she made a desperate escape. Kukki released the silken strands into a passing breeze, which dispersed the them into an absence. The horse came away from the attack standing tall and domineering, ready to gnash the poor girl again. Did dear sweet Kukki develop a taste for blood when she tore the hair from the child’s head? She certainly was out of sorts. By the time Yume was free from her entanglement, Kaji was too late in his attempt to intervene with Kukki’s rough-housing. In fact, he discovered that Gumi dealt with the problem herself.

“It’s a good thing you know your way with a blade, Gumi.” Kaji was attempting a compliment of sorts as he placed himself between her and his horse. He then raised both hands behind his back and unclasped the top of a haze-gray tool pouch on his belt. An array of equipment peeked out from within that the student could see from where she stood. His posture and the grace of his every move sang out shinobi; but Kaji only withdrew a piece of fruit. It was the perfect distraction, and true satisfaction for a dissatisfied star on her big day. He teased the combative horse with a delicious red apple, fresh from the market. All order was restored as the mare’s head went swiveling after the treat. Once Kukki turned away to eat her apple in peace, and Kaji would take a shot at making amends with Kukki’s victim before the next call to action.

“I’m sorry about that” Kaji said, earnestly regretting what occurred. “Sometimes, a horse will nip at you if it likes you; it’s honestly a sign of affection…” And Kaji said that with a straight face. “Kukki is still getting used to being around large crowds like this. She may be a talented war horse, but this is her first run at performance arts.”

And so, it was time you knew the truth about the Sunan Mare and her owner. Kukki made slow approach to Yume, the director and her manager. The horse began a controlled collapse, folding it’s tall legs into a natural sitting position in the grass, in front of them. Her saddle was ready, and she was low to the ground so her co-star wouldn’t have to try climbing again. Meanwhile, Kaji was still explaining. “She’s just excited about the extra attention, that’s all. We rarely get to enjoy such great company in our usual line of work.” As he spoke, he eyed the product of Gumi’s cut. He approached her non-threatening, and checked to be sure that the child wasn’t harmed. Being slung must have hurt, but she seemed to be a tough nut to crack, or so Kaji presumed. “And hey, all things considered your hair doesn’t look half-bad after the hack job. It’s looks cute kid... yet kinda edgy.” He was cracking a smile.
“Now you’re main character material!”

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Uhh... Well..."

Before she could think of a reason about keeping Kukki alive, Kaji stepped in with his sincere apology. The manager pulled the girl aside in order for the stylists to fix her appearance back up. "O-Oh, Oppa! Girls! Can you fix Gumi-chan's hair as well?"

"After we're done with you, Yun-chan," the makeup artist said. A cursory glance over Megumi's hair showed that there were two possible ways to deal with it. One was to neaten the hair to an edgy asymmetrical cut, or alternatively, snip it off to a shorter pixie cut. With a dark shadow looming over her visage, Yume stared intently at the stylists.

"Don't screw up her hair..."

"O-Okay, we got it!" the other stylist stammered. "There, you're done."

Finally free from their clutches, Yume scrambled over to Megumi. She wrung her hands nervously and bowed. "Gumi-chan, I'm really, really sorry about this! It's really true though! Animals usually don't like me and I panicked. The girls can fix your hair, I swear. Please don't throw pointy things at me!"

The director called from the distance as the stylists made their way towards Megumi with their supplies. "Oi, Yun! Are you alright to go now? We can move to the forest and start with the bonding scene with the horse if you prefer?"

"Oh... umm... No, it's okay! We'll do this one!" Yume turned to Megumi with her hands clapped together in plea. "I'll totally make it up to you, promise! Here, have my Pocky! It's strawberry."

With a peace treaty like that, who needs war? Yume jogged back towards the horse, albeit the closer steps she took, the more nervous she became. Glancing over to her manager, then back at the horse that had lowered herself obediently for Yume to climb on. She exhaled heavily, and climbed back on. One of the assistants handed over a rapier prop. Yume gave it a good swing and stab into the air before sheathing it by her side.

Meanwhile, the stylist that was fixing up Megumi's hair glanced at her face and tilted her head. "You look kind of familiar. Have we met before?" If you counted magazines as meeting someone before, then yes.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking at Yume for a response or a reason that the horse was not a danger to every. Seeing that she had no counter argument to her logic, Megumi would put her plan into action. However yet again she would be stopped this time by the owner. She scoffed as he mentioned about her skill with weaponry, she could only leave it in his hands as she could not get a clear shot at the horse.

Watching as he opened his tool belt to take out a treat to bribe the misbehaving horse. Megumi look to see what other kinds of things a horse trainer carried on hand. As she saw into the bag, she did not expect to see a various amount of ninja tools. Looking back at the back of Kaji, the horse trainer and possible shinobi. Thinking back to Yama telling her that his teacher was also named Kaji. Thought she did not suspect him of being the Kaji he spoke of it was seeming a lot more likely. However she would need more infomation before she would make she a claim.

As the horse calmed itself as it was entranced by the apple, Kaji looked to her with an apology and a reason. While she knew from books that animals would soft nips those they cared for, this was no nip. Looking at the temporarily tamed horse and then back to the man. She would put away her weapons for now. Standing in a half relaxed state as she listened to Kaji mention about his horse being bred for war. Megumi was not surprised as the horse was ferocious and no doubt fearless in the midst of battle. As his horse kneeled down as to say that it was ready to perform. Kaji was still explaining that this was there first time in the line light and that their usual work tends to be more lonely. He would end his explanation and the apology with a joke about her hair. She already knew she was the main character of her life, but the edgy part had to go as it make her picture her as an Uchiha.

Relaxing as it seemed that the worst was over, she would keep her gaze on Kaji. “ As long as it does not happen again, i don’t need an apology. However if you want to make it up to me, you could tell me little about your regular jobs together”. Her tone was still upset as the horse almost killed her, but more so she was mad about her friend being put in danger.

As her talk with Kaji was momentarily postponed as Yume sent her squad of stylists after her. Being lead to the make up. She would hear Yume telling them not to mess up her friends hair. Having the idol bow to her and apologize. Megumi shook her head as Yume rambled about her fear and about her throwing weapons at her. Trying to interrupt her friends rambling, Megumi kept trying to stop the idol going a mile a minute. “ Yume… Yume… Yume”! Megumi would raise her voice at the speedy idol as she held out some pocky. “ I’m not mad… well i am mad, but it’s over with i just glad your alright”. Taking one of the pockys from her and eating it, savoring it as she took in a breath to calm down. “ In the future, please do not lie about what is going on”. As she was first with her talk she rested her head back on the chair. Motioning the idol with her eyes to get back to work, she would think about everything that had happened.

Even though she protested about them fussing over her hair, she did not want the stylist to have to deal with the over reactive idol. Going for a more pixy hair style, the only thing that would bother her about it would be that her face would be visible. As the stylist began to work on fixing todays disaster of a hair day, the women would bring up the fact that she might of knew her. Turning to look at the stylist she would be a small smile. “ I’m surprised you remembered, i was the one who was dragged in to help with the teen leaf shoot”. She would have a light conversation with the stylist as Yume stood up to her fears.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Kaji concluded his effort to apologize for Kukki’s behavior, Gumi revealed her curiosity and a knack for insight when she asked for Kaji to elaborate on the nature of their regular work. He looked back to her with a look of heavy thought clouding him, and his mental codex quickly generated some kind of acceptable but vague answer. “As you can imagine, horses do not serve much of a role within our village, at least not for shinobi. However, there isn’t a shinobi alive who’d make it from Konoha to the fire country’s borders faster than that horse.” He then glanced briefly at the beast, which was still waiting, content in the grass. “When we’re not home, we are adventuring ANBU operatives, and spend a lot of time patrolling the fire outlands. You’d be surprised how far we’ve gone to protect the leaf, beyond these walls.”

The expert stylists were busy at work with Yume first, diligently returning her to perfection like a swordsmith and his apprentice repairing a fine sword damaged in battle. With the tools of their trade they refined Yume’s look, and she emerged flawless yet again. The young star stripped herself free from the legendary stylists, and came rushing to her little friend. Kaji was realizing that she adored Gumi, and the two resembled dear friends. Yume brought along a treat of Pocky as a peace offering, and promised to sweeten the deal further. The child would have a legendary hair styling of her own, though this apparently wasn’t the first time she required the treatment. As Kaji was at their side, he contained his humor when Yume admitted her apprehension towards nature’s wild glory. In fact, Kaji hated imagining days without his horse, and knew only a lot of bad luck could make Yume fear such a noble and magnificent creature. He aimed to save her from that fear today, if only Kukki would stop causing a scene long enough to allow him a chance.

Once the stylists consumed the kunoichi child, Yume returned with Kaji to the awaiting horse. He could practically feel the grief emanating from her as she climbed over that notorious mare. The handler was being casual as he walked around to Kukki’s front, and monitored Yume’s positioning to ensure that the saddle and reigns wouldn’t form a trap a second time.
“You can do this, Yume” Kaji offered some encouraging words, though he could only fake so much confidence in one day, and sounded a little nervous. “Alright, hold on tight to the pommel, we’re going to rise now; nice and steady.” There was a large knot in the front of the saddle, which provided a firm grip for her to hold onto; Kaji called it the pommel.

Performing 1d20 Animal Handling Check for Yume: 10

Kukki began to raise in elevation, and climbed back to her feet with ease, as if the human girl was not on her back. Kaji was proud of the horse, and approached from her side to offer a few kind petting pats behind her ears, and he congratulated her with a soothing tone. “That’a girl.”

The music video setting never stopped moving forward, and another crew member slid besides the horse, and handed Yume a jewel-encrusted rapier, inlaid with more gold and bling than he knew a sword could manage. “Just who is she?” Kaji was baffled by the fanfare surrounding this girl; the number of servants hired to fulfill her every need, and a Director who was approaching madness, trying to create a vision of her on-camera. The most Kaji knew about music was live performances by warm fires, and the occasional record player he heard when visiting up-scale establishments. “So you’re an aidoru Kaji said, making sense of his observations, and he relayed the realization to Yume in exchange. “I would have never imagined meeting a pop star like you in a sketchy village like Konoha.” It was safe to assume that Yume and her music were strangers to Kaji, who typically enjoyed folky fire-side music from unknown, local artists. “Of all the cities in the land of fire you’re here… are you secretly a shinobi, or is it an attraction to danger?” Having already considered her friendship to the kunoichi child, Kaji already knew the answer to his inquiry, but he wanted to explore this curiosity.

The aidoru then tested the sheen of her blade, and raised it high for all to see, with notable sharpness to the actions in her display. Sunlight beamed off of the weapon in a passing streak, and the beauty of the blade doubled while drawn from it’s humble scabbard. In response, Kukki took her drawing action as a call to action, and reared unto her hind legs, unleashing a mighty neigh. He front legs cycled in the air, and her salute impressed the entire crew, but this display might have come as a surprise to Yume. The sudden angle change would challenge her to hold on for her life, or roll backwards of the beast’s back, onto her head.​

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the stylists finished up on fixing Megumi's hair, Yume was busy trying not to freak out while sitting on top of the horse. Doing as Kaji said and holding on tightly to the thing he called a 'pommel,' Yume gasped as Kukki rose without much drama at all. She let out another breath she unwittingly held and glanced down at the much shorter stature now of Kaji and Megumi.

"I had no idea Konoha was considered sketchy," she frowned over the mention of the topic. "What do you mean? Gumi, do you have any idea about this?"

During this, when she checked the quality of the rapier by stabbing the sky, she did not expect Kukki to act along. The crew might have been impressed by the display, but Yume was terrified. Her other hand clutched tightly on the reins. Out of a silent panic and sense of life preservation, Yume's body noticeably shifted, rebalancing the centre of her gravity to prevent herself from falling backwards. When Kukki landed her front hooves back onto the ground, the crew burst in an impressed applause.

Perhaps Kukki was feeling proud of herself. For her, that's great. For Yume, her expression cracked into a deadpan for a hot second. She didn't look like an idol trying to ride a horse then. She looked like a warrior. A concerned warrior. Turning to Kaji and Megumi, she let out a dazzling idol smile.

"I was born here," she grinned. Or rather, she was abandoned here when she was but a young child, same difference. Her parents were originally from Konoha. That's close enough, wasn't it?

The director called for Yume and Kukki to make their way down the road towards the Oak District a significant distance. That was considered Yume's practice run. The next, real run was when they were to go galloping back down this same road towards the cameras.

The frown was back on her face, though this time was of an idol simply being nervous about doing this thing.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megumi would talk with the stylist about her day and dealing with Yume. She would laugh and relate with her on how the idol can be overbearing. Taking a break from the conversation, she would think on what Kaji said. While she would have to disagree about the horse being faster than some shinobis she has read up on in the history books. A ninja can traverse terrain that a horse would find difficult, but this was no ordinary horse. She would wonder what it was capable of and maybe one day she might want to see it in action.

When she asked about the tools, Megumi would be shock how he so blantly and nonchalantly just told her that he was involved with the anbu. I mean that does not tell her much, but that means he’s into some of the villages darker activities. Is it alright for them to tell others that they are Anbu, she is a shinobi in training and we are all family under the will of fire, but the amount of trust he put  her by stating such a thing. Megumi was unsure if he was telling her the truth or not. He looked serious and his voice, body movement and eye movement did not show any signs of lying.

Megumi would watch as the horse behaved for the idol finally. As long as it continued she would not have to put the horse down. After the stylist finished her new haircut, she would show bring a mirror to show Megumi the knew her. While the haircut was nice she missed her medium length hair. Now her face was open to the world and it would be harder to hide her secret from the village. She would only have to be low profile for a week as another magazine would be publicised and she would be old news. Was that what she really wanted, even though she did not want to be noticed she had to admit it was fun being the center of attention.

After her haircut was finished, the stylist commented on who she remembers her now. She would ask if she plans on signing up as a full time model, as Megumi was a natural apparently. Politely telling her that she would not continue her short modeling career, Megumi would dismiss herself and move over to where Yume and Kaji were.

As she approached the set, she would hear Kaji make a comment on the idol’s appents at a shinobi village. It seems Megumi was not the only one suspicious of Yume’s identity. Think about how Kaji had a similar discerning eye and a inquisitive mind, his claims of being an Anbu might not just be the ravings of a madman.

Yume would ask her about her opinion on the matter, or maybe it was ideas about poses as she pointing her jeweled rapier to the skies as if she was rallying the troops. However she did not have the confidence of a general or a fierce warrior as she was hindered by her fear of animals. “ Well it is a shinobi village subterfuge as are way of life”. As she said that she would look at Kaji then look back at Yume. “ But if it was ideas, why not hold your sword up and close to your chest as you trot around like a returning hero. Or swing down at you side as if you were cutting an enemy down, why not point your sword to your back as if you were calling you men to attention”. Megumi would list more idea about her riding along side her front line holding her sword out to check her mens’ grip and attention. Looking at the fearful idol, “ You have to look confident and brave Yume, no one would follow a fearful leader”. Megumi would cheer her friend on and try to keep her focused. Seeing a smile on Yume face, showed that she was getting more comfortable at least.

Yume would bring out the topic about how she was born here. It made sense that anyone born here would not find what we do abnormal, as it is our way of live but their was more than just ninja in their village. Yume’s comment would make her being a ninja behind the scenes more likely.

As the director call for Yume, they would make their way towards oak street. While they walked, Megumi would use this time to talk to the Kaji. “ I know information is power to a shinobi, but would you happen to know Yama”? Megumi would ask about her friend, but would not state why she wanted to know and what their relation was.

As they set up on oak street, many passers by and many of the patrons to the various restaurants that lined the district would watch the event. Megumi would try and act natural, as she did not want to be spotted amongst the crew and set.

Watching as Yume made her first attempt at a valiant charge at the cameras. Her expression was still nervous and lacking in confidence. Clapping her hands and cheering her friend on. “ Come on Yume, you got to look brave. Keep your sword up and remember you're only making your time on the horse longer if you give into your fear”.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed as though things were falling in order now for the idol and her crew, as she found ease and grace when taking Kukki’s reigns. Kaji followed besides Yume and the mare with ease, and Megumi soon joined them. There was a casual conversation brewing now, small talk on the course of getting to know one’s company. It was rare for Kaji to find intrigue in the ways of others, but he was discovering the pleasure of making acquaintances with these people of Konoha.

The village hidden in the leaves was in stark-contrast to ruthless elitism, and scummy underbelly of the city Kaji hailed from, and his experiences in Maruishi created a bleak perception he could not overcome, even in the relatively safe village of Konoha. He referred to the village as sketchy rather naturally, and the idea baffled Yume, who was home-grown from the fire country. That information made Kaji nod in agreement, and he’d amiably add “then that confirms my suspicion… without a doubt, that the world’s most beautiful women come from the fire country.” Kaji doubted that an idol like Yume had encountered the types of entities he had during his brief stay, so far. The enemies of the leaf were always hard at work, therefore the demands for the ANBU never slowed in-turn, and Kaji could never guess what would come next.

Gumi was intrigued by Kaji’s mention of being an ANBU, but neither she or Yume would expect him to be so familiar with the threats looming in the shadows of the leaf. He had his secrets to keep and crosses to bare. But for now, Kaji found joy in what he recognized to be the innocence of two youths, and took comfort in knowing they were protected by him, and their many comrades wearing the hidden leaf insignia.

The youngling kunoichi named Gumi was fairly apt at coaching the likes of Yume, thus explaining how necessary it was for Yume to call her to set in the first place. Kaji could only shrug and crack as smile as he idled, and spectated while Gumi flapped her gums, and Yume followed instructions from atop Kukki’s back. Reacting almost-appropriately, Kukki was trying to adjust her posture and stance to compliment the modelesque woman on her back. Though the imperious kunoichi was now managing Yume’s readiness atop Kukki, she never forgot about her intrigue in the so-called anbu who served as rare company today. Despite her eyes locking on the idol and horse, Gumi asked Kaji about one of his disciples; a particular one indeed.

“What was that?” He paused, first in surprise, which quickly turned to suspicion as he considered the name she asked him about. “Oh, Yama?” He repeated the name with a hint suggesting his confusion, though Kaji remembered the boy well. “The name does rings a bell” Kaji admitted coyly, “I do work with a few disciples from time to time, but ANBU is not a very personal organization.” He was scanning the girl now, wondering what kind of attention his apprentice had garnered from Gumi. “Better question is… what do you want with Yama? Kek.” He paused a beat. “Did he push you in the sand on the playground?” Kaji had to have his fun. “And now you have a vendetta to settle?”

WC: 552

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume blinked, bringing a blush to her cheeks at his beauty remark and smiled in response. "You flatter me way too much, Kaji-san!" she exclaimed.

The director from the distance back from Hokage Rock called down to them with a megaphone in hand. Considering the shot the were looking for and the uncertainty of how many NGs it'll take until they got the shot, the director and the rest of the crew stayed behind where they were.

"Well, let's do this I suppose," Yume mumbled her breath. She was a professional. A professional.

"Okay, Yun-chan! Are you all good to go?"

Her eyes closed to let the character sink in.

"Quiet on the set!"

They reopened with a determined glint. Cold, even.

"And... Action!"

One hand slipped to her sheath and drew out the weapon with a flourish. Cueing the horse for a gallop, Yume rode with the rapier held out to the side, while her other hand held onto the reins. When they reached closer to the cameraman, Yume gave pause. She didn't quite know how to end it, or even stop Kukki herself. Crap, she had to think real fast.

The only thing that came to mind was when she raised her rapier into the air back then. Well, better than nothing. Leaning back with her weapon raised high, the girl hoped that the horse would take the cue as she did prior and rear her legs.

If it was successful, few of the assistants would back away in concern of being crushed. The director stupidly stood there in awe, requiring one of the assistants to pull him away before Kukki landed. If the scene didn't play out how Yume wanted it... Well, let's hope there wasn't any collision damage with anyone or anything.

"Ohh... Fierce and fearless, Yun-chan!" the director breathed. "You and Kukki make a great aesthetic!"

Yume smiled, relieved. She thought of praising Kukki somehow, but she wasn't sure. Should she pat the horse on the mane? Head? Ah, she didn't want to risk any more than she already was, so she left it at that.

"But..." the director's voice made her blink. "It's a bit too fierce. Could you tone it down next take?" There was being overly enthusiastic for auditions, producers liked seeing those. Better to tone it down than tone it up, she was taught. Before Yume could respond and turn back, the man interrupted her again.

"Oh I just had a great idea! Yun-chan, try sidesaddle!"

"Side-what?" she echoed disbelievingly. That didn't sound fun. She could be sure that at some point with this... sidesaddling business, Yume was going to slip off Kukki and fall again. She looked over to Kaji and Megumi who was conversing amongst themselves, evidently confused.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As everyone was told to be quiet on set, Megumi could no longer cheer her friend on and hoped that she could overcome her fear of horses. As the idol was called to action she drew her sword out of its scabbard and stare her enemies down with a cold merciless gaze. As she charged at the camera it looked as if she did not have a way to end it. Megumi would gesture for her to point at the camera, but she saved the shot by pointing it into the sky as the horse raised itself on it’s hind legs. As Yume seemed to be over her fear, Megumi turned as she heard Kaji.

Asking her to repeat what she had said as she was coaching and focusing on Yume. Repeating the Name of her friend, but not their affiliation to Kaji, he playfully stated that Yama’s name was familiar to him. Saying that he does have a few disciples, means he might be the Kaji that Yama was studying under. Giving the Anbu instructor a small glance as he studied her, as if he was trying to size her up and see why she wants to know about his possible disciple. While she was unsure about him being Yama’s teacher, the man’s last comments made it seem very likely as the man was having his fun with the girl how was interested with his student.

Looking him with a light smirk, “ While we did have a little play fight in the sand box, it was nothing serious was just trying to ideas out on him”. Looking back at Yume to make sure she was still on the horse and alive, she would continue the conversation. “ I just wanted to know about this great Kaji that he was talking about, The way he talked about you made it seem like you were some kind of legendary hero”. Giving Kaji a look up and down as she played the man’s game, “ Though by the looks of you, i think i have the wrong Kaji”. If the man wanted to play game, Megumi would have no issues taking her turn as she has to deal with others constantly looking down on her due to her age and small frame. She had to look like a Lion in front of all of the other clans as she represented her family as the acting head of her clan.

Hearing the director bark out a very demanding task for a beginner to employ. Megumi looked at Yume how seemed confused and worried, then quickly back to Kaji with her own concerns about her friend.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back