A forbidden practice all but forgotten except in the most forbidden scrolls, this highly restricted Kinjutsu involves shinobi converting themselves into something which is no longer human. Many puppeteers wander the land, utilizing their puppets and their various traps to overwhelm an opponent. Yet, a few would actually succumb to their obsession with puppetry, converting themselves into a weapon, their own bodies modified into a living puppet. While it's not unheard of for shinobi to replace lost limbs with puppet prosthetics, there are few who would actually stoop to a darker option and convert their entire body into a puppet, removing the organs and blood, saving only the heart and transferring their consciousness into a small, compact casing, the only remnant of their past humanity. From that point on, they are living dummies, or Human Puppets, unaffected by some of the most common shinobi weaknesses.
- Weaponized Form (Ability)
- Art of Hitokugutsu (Ability)
- Puppet Symbiosis (B-Rank Technique)
- Sacred Threads of Fate (B-Rank Technique)
- White Secret Technique: Collection of Ten Puppets (A-Rank Technique)
- Army of a Hundred Puppets (S-Rank Technique)
Prerequisites: Kinjutsu Application, 3 Ability Slots, B Rank
- Upon gaining this Kinjutsu the user's organic body is replaced with an artificial puppet one and gains the following passive benefits and penalties:
- 10% of all Damage suffered by the user is subtracted from their CP rather than their HP.
- Effects which restore HP are 50% less effective on the user.
- Immunity to Bleeding, as well as both Injury and Inhaled Poisons (Not Poison Ninjutsu).
Weaponized Form - Kinjutsu Ability
A Human Puppet is usually thought of as being a puppet specialist shinobi, which has replaced their biological body with that of a mechanical contraption, to the point where the term "human being" only scarcely applies to them. Many Human Puppets takes the customization of their body even further, weaponizing their mechanical form in much the same way that they would a normal puppet.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
- The user gains a [Weaponized Form]. A [Weaponized Form] is a Puppet Weapon in it's own right and is subject to the following rules:
- The user must declare their [Weaponized Form] Accuracy/Damage Modifiers and Puppet Type as per the normal Weapon Creation Rules. In addition the user may perform handseals normally while equipped with their Puppet Body.
- The [Weaponized Form] has 4 Augment Slots which they may equip augments to as per the normal Weapon Creation Rules.
- The [Weaponized Form] is treated as passively equipped whenever the user is not wielding any other weapon, and does not prevent the usage of handseals. If at any time the user ceases to be equipped with a weapon, they automatically re-equip their [Weaponized Form] for no cost. Unless specifically stated, the user cannot be equipped with their [Weaponized Form] and another weapon.
- The user can choose one Advanced or Base Ninjutsu Element. Ninjutsu from this Advanced or Base Element while the [Weaponized Form] is equipped use Ranged Accuracy.
- [Weaponized Form] does not take up an Ability Slot.
The Art of Hitokugutsu - Kinjutsu Ability
After converting their body, the user's knowledge and use of the process of creating Human Puppetry does not end there. Applying the knowledge which allowed them to transform themselves into a fusion of organic and inorganic components, they are able to take the remains of another human and convert it in a similar fashion, albeit without the same consciousness. They create a special brand of puppet, with the ability to wield the same powers of the deceased had in life.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
- User gains access to a new Weapon Type: [Hitokugutsu Puppet]. [Hitokugutsu Puppets] gain the following special effects which must be declared at Weapon Creation as normal:
- Non-Genjutsu Techniques made with this weapon use Ranged Accuracy.
- [Hitokugutsu Puppet] have the standard amount of augment slots as normal weapons. However, [Hitokugutsu Puppet] may replace any amount of augment slots with an equal amount of skills from a Single Bloodline Path or Core Ability (if multiple augment slots are filled this way, all choices must come from the same BL/CA table). BL/CA skills work as follows;
- Attacks (such as a special move or offensive techniques) may be performed while the user is equipped with this [Hitokugutsu Puppet] or through Puppet Symbiosis.
- Passives and Dependent special moves only apply if they modify an attack being made with a [Hitokugutsu Puppet], or used with Puppet Symbiosis.
- Non-offensive BL/CA actions (such as entering a BL/CA style or a special move that is not an attack), and passives that do not modify the user's attack directly, cannot be used unless the Puppet Symbiosis is active with the [Hitokugutsu Puppets].
- The user takes on all costs of the action including any lingering penalties, cooldowns, and backlash damage
- [Hitokugutsu Puppet] Weapon Modifiers apply to all attacks made with it (including BL/CA attacks), rather than just Puppet Techniques.
- [Hitokugutsu Puppets] possess up to 50 Jutsu Points worth of jutsu. Each OOC Rank of jutsu has it's own cost (listed below). The created puppet knows these jutsu at Rank 1 normally but the user may pay 1 additional Jutsu Point to have it known at Master Rank. Selected jutsu do not need to be known or usable by the user but the user must buy the jutsu known by their puppet as normal. Jutsu known by the created puppet ignore any "Mastered jutsu" prerequisites and ignore casting requirements (such as requiring a weapon equipped to perform Taijutsu), but [Hitokugutsu Puppets] may only have Jutsu from a single Advanced Element. These jutsu may be used while equipped with this weapon in addition to standard Puppet Taijutsu.
- E-Rank: 2 Points
- D-Rank: 3 Points
- C-Rank: 4 Points
- B-Rank: 5 Points
- A-Rank: 6 Points
- Creating a [Hitokugutsu Puppet] requires a 300 word RP about acquiring it and may be linked to from the user's normal RP threads; this is only required upon acquiring a puppet, and must state which BL/CA its augment skills (if any) will come from. Augments and selected BL/CA skills may be changed as normal weapon changes, but which BL/CA it has access to will be permanent. The user may replace the [Hitokugutsu Puppet] just as they may a normal weapon, but obtaining it or another [Hitokugutsu Puppet] requires the RP to be done once again.
- If the user equips a [Hitokugutsu Puppet] which has the same BL/CA as their own no effects stack in any way, but they may have a different Bloodline Path, and actions used by the Hitokugutsu Puppet may not surpass the normal limits for how often an ability or technique may be used (I.E. A user who has Opportunist and is wielding an Opportunist [Hitokugutsu Puppet] may still only use Shadow Step a total of three times per battle).
- [Hitokugutsu Puppets] otherwise obey all other rules for Weapon Creation, and share the same restriction on how many may be owned.
- Art of Hitokugutsu does not take up an Ability Slot.
- The [Hitokugutsu Puppets] are still considered 'Puppet Weapons', but gain the benefits of this ability rather than any of the normal effects for the puppet weapon type.
- If a [Hitokugutsu Puppet] redirects an attack to itself through a BL/CA technique, its Called Shot: Weapon level is raised.
Puppet Symbiosis - Puppet Taijutsu
A puppeteer's greatest weakness is their vulnerability while puppeteering. However this is not a problem for a Human Puppet. Knowing how to use their removable limbs and compact body to it's fullest, they are able to arrange themselves within a puppet at their own convenience, and in so doing so, removes their one weakness. While within a puppet, the user's body conjoins with it allowing them to control that puppet as if it were a suit of armor.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
Special action - Puppet Mimicry: The user can pay 0.5 AP and the maintenance cost to replace one of their [Hitokugutsu Puppet] Augments with an Augment from their [Weaponized Form]. This does not remove the Augment from the [Weaponized Form]
- The user "wears" a puppet weapon from their inventory, replacing the certain effects granted by [Weaponized Form]with those of the worn puppet. This has the following effects:
- The worn puppet weapon's Accuracy and Damage Modifiers replace those of the user's [Weaponized Form].
- The worn puppet weapon's augments (to include BL/CA augment skills on [Hitokugutsu Puppet]) replace those of the user's [Weaponized Form].
- Worn puppet is automatically drawn from the user's inventory as a part of wearing it. This does not cost additional AP. While active the user is considered equipped with the worn puppet but is immune to any effects which would disarm or remove it from them. This weapon may still be targeted by Called Shot: Weapon.
- All other rules of [Weaponized Form] remain in effect.
- Rank 2 gives access to special action: “Puppet Mimicry”
Cost: 2.25 AP, 680 CP, 340 CP/rnd
- The Special action requires a 10 second cooldown after use.
- Puppet Symbiosis may not be used with Broken puppet weapons.
- If a worn puppet reaches Broken called shot status, Puppet Symbiosis ends.
Sacred Threads of Fate - Puppet Taijutsu
An advanced puppet jutsu that allows the user to create special threads of chakra with the sole intent on manipulating their own puppet body. This technique coats the user in a tangle of chakra threads, each controlled mentally by the human puppet. Though this may seem redundant, this allows the user to move their artificial body regardless of how beaten up or damaged their limbs are.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
Rank 1/2: While active the user may ignore Sprained Called Shot penalties. Rank 2 allows the user to ignore Fractured Called Shot penalties.
Special action - Reinforced Wrap: For +20% CP the user can instead choose a single limb to ignore Called Shot Penalties.This special action can also be used on allies.
Cost: 2.25AP, 680 CP, 340CP/rnd
- The maintenance cost is increased by +100% for each limb’s Called Shot penalty being ignored, after the first (A Sprained Arm would be 340cp/rnd, a Fractured Arm and a Fractured Head would be 680 CP/rnd, etc).
White Secret Technique: Collection of Ten Puppets - Puppet Taijutsu
One of the Human Puppet secret weapons is the Chikamatsu Collection Scroll. With this puppet collection it is literally possible to use one puppet with each finger — each boasting a power matching a thousand puppets put together. However, to use all of these secret mechanisms demands extremely high-class expertise and skill.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet, A-Rank
Rank 1/2: The target is attacked 10 times at normal accuracy dealing 330/410 Physical Damage each.
Special action - Collection of Illusions: The user may target up to 3 targets, combining the strikes to deal 2640/3280 Physical Damage each.
Special action - Endless Collection: By paying 2 AP and 1030 CP this technique does an additional 5 hits. This cannot be combined with Special action - Collection of Illusions.
Cost: 2.75AP, 2060CP
- Each attack may use a different Puppet Weapon.
- [Hitokugutsu Puppets] may be used with this Taijutsu.
- When White Secret Technique: Collection of Ten Puppets, the user may equip any single Puppet Weapon used for no cost.
- Special action - Endless Collection Requires a 10 second cooldown after use.
Red Secret Technique: Performance of a Hundred Puppets - Puppet Taijutsu
A forbidden technique that is impossible to perform by normal humans, but Human Puppets are anything but normal. The most elite puppet masters in the land cannot control more than 10 puppets, and even then only with difficulty, but this skill not only controls, but coordinates a number of puppets than can reach into the hundreds. Upon summoning a literal army of a hundred puppets, the user may directly link each puppet directly to their core with tiny, faint threads of chakra strings. Directly linked the heart of the user, these puppets are moved on thought by the user, as if extensions to their own hands. Though the user gains control over their own army of marionettes, this requires the user to divide their focus among each puppet, and the strength of an individual puppet pales in comparison as opposed to if they focused entirely on one.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet, S-Rank
Rank 1/2: The user summons an Army of Puppets with a shared HP pool of 7060/8820, and -2/-1 of the users secondaries. The Army of Puppets has half the user’s Max AP -1/-0. Rank 2 gives access to the special action.
Army of Puppets Actions:
- Can make a basic attack at +1/+2 Acc for 1AP dealing 1060/1320 Physical Damage. (The Primal Augment does not affect this basic attack)
- Can use any E-C/E-B Rank Puppet Taijutsu at the rank the user knows for no CP cost.
Special Action - Hitokugutsu Meishu: The Army of Puppets may use the Puppet Symbiosis Technique with a [Hitokugutsu Puppet]. The [Hitokugutsu Puppet]'s augments replace the Army of Puppets, but the Acc/Damage modifiers are not applied. The [Hitokugutsu Puppet] may use E-A Rank Puppet Techniques.
Cost: 3.75 AP, 3940 CP, 1970 CP/rnd.
- The Army of Puppets has 3 augment slots, and augments are applied when Army of Puppets is used.
- Unlike normal Creation Jutsu, the Army of Puppet’s AP is checked each round.
- Army of Puppets is a single target with a shared HP pool.
- When using the Special action, the Army of Puppets may cast the [Hitokugutsu Puppet’]'s techniques, with the user paying the CP cost, and normal Puppet Techniques for no CP cost.
Last edited by a moderator: