Human Puppet said:Human Puppet
A forbidden practice all but forgotten except in the most forbidden scrolls, this highly restricted Kinjutsu involves shinobi converting themselves....into something which is no longer human. Many puppeteers wander the land, some more skilled than others, utilizing their puppets and their various traps to overwhelm an opponent. Yet, few would actually succumb so far into their obsession with puppetry far as to think of converting themselves into a weapon, their bodies modified into a living puppet. It is not unheard of for shinobi to replace lost limbs into puppet prosthetics, however there are few who would proceed to a darker degree and convert their entire body into that of a puppet, removing all organs and blood, save for their heart and consciousness which is transferred into a small, compact casing which is the only trophy of their past humanity. From this point on, they are living dummies, or Human Puppets, uneffected by some of the most common shinobi weaknesses such as Bleeding or exhaustion.
- Weaponized Form (Ability)
- Art of Hitokugutsu (Ability)
- Puppet Symbiosis (B-Rank Technique)
- Sacred Threads of Fate (B-Rank Technique)
- Blood Bend (A-Rank Technique)
- Automated Instruction Core (S-Rank Technique)
Prerequisites: Kinjutsu Application, 3 Ability Slots, B Rank
- Upon gaining this Kinjutsu the user's organic body is replaced with an artifical Puppet Body and gains the following passive benefits and penalties:
- 20% of all Non-Illusionary Damage suffered by the user is subtracted from their CP rather than their HP.
- Effects which restore HP are 50% less effective on the user.
- Immunity to Bleeding, as well as both Injury and Inhaled Poisons.
- User's Ninjutsu, Taijutsu and Genjutsu have their CP costs increased by 15%.Weaponized Form - Kinjutsu Ability
A Human Puppet is usually thought of as being a puppet specialist shinobi which has replaced the bulk of their biological body with mechanical contraptions to the point where the term "human being" only scarcely applies to them but many Human Puppets take their customization of their body even further and weaponize their new mechanical form in much the same way that they would a normal puppet.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
- The user's artificial Puppet Body is a Puppet Weapon in it's own right and is subject to the following rules:
- User must declare their Puppet Body's Accuracy/Damage Modifiers and Puppet Type as per the normal Weapon Creation Rules. In addition the user may perform handseals normally while equipped with their Puppet Body.
- Puppet Body has 3 Augment Slots which they may equip augments to as per the normal Weapon Creation Rules.
- While not equipped with any other weapons the user is considered passively equipped with their Puppet Body (this does not stack with similar abilities, and replaces them). If the user attempts to equip a weapon while equipped with only their Puppet Body they will automatically "de-equip" their Puppet Body and replace it with the weapon they are choosing to draw. If at any time the user ceases to be equipped with that weapon they automatically re-equip their Puppet Body for no cost. Under no circumstances can the user be equipped with a weapon and their Puppet Body simultaneously.The Art of Hitokugutsu - Kinjutsu Ability
After converting their body into that of a puppet the user's knowledge and use of Human Puppetry does not end there. Applying the knowledge which allowed them to transform themselves into a fusion of organic and inorganic components, a student of Human Puppetry is able to take the remains of another human being and convert it in a similar fashion as they did their body creating a special brand of puppet with the ability to wield powers that the deceased which provided the raw materials for construction once had.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
- User gains access to a new Weapon Type: "Hitokugutsu". Hitokugutsu puppets gain the following special effects which must be declared at Weapon Creation as normal:
- Non-Genjutsu attacks made with this weapon use Ranged Accuracy.
- Hitokugutsu have the standard amount of augment slots as normal weapons. However, Hitokugutsu may replace any amount of augment slots with an equal amount of skills from a Bloodline or Core Ability (if multiple augment slots are filled this way, all choices must come from the same BL/CA table). BL/CA skills work as follows;
- Attacks (such as a special move or offensive jutsu) may be performed while the user is equipped with this Hitokugutsu or through Puppet Symbiosis.
- Passives and Dependent special moves only apply if they modify an attack being made with this Hitokugutsu, or used with Puppet Symbiosis.
- Non-offensive BL/CA actions (such as entering a BL/CA style or a special move that is not an attack), and passives that do not modify the user's attack directly, cannot be used unless the Puppet Symbiosis is active with the Hitokugutsu.
- The user takes on all costs of the action, to include any lingering penalties, cooldowns, and backlash damage.
- Hitokugutsu Weapon Modifiers may only go up to +/- 1 Accuracy/5% Damage, but apply to all attacks made with it (to include BL/CA attacks), rather than just Puppet Taijutsu.
- Created puppet possess up to 50 Jutsu Points worth of jutsu. Each OOC Rank of jutsu has it's own cost (listed below). The created puppet knows these jutsu at Rank 1 normally but the user may pay 1 additional Jutsu Point to have it known at Master Rank. Selected jutsu do not need to be known or usable by the user but the user must buy the jutsu known by their puppet as normal. Jutsu known by the created puppet ignore any "Mastered jutsu" prerequisites and ignore casting requirements (such as requiring a weapon equipped to perform Taijutsu), but Hitokugutsu may only have Jutsu from a single Advanced Element. These jutsu may be used while equipped with this weapon in addition to standard Puppet Taijutsu.
- E-Rank: 2 Points
- D-Rank: 3 Points
- C-Rank: 4 Points
- B-Rank: 5 Points
- A-Rank: 6 Points
- Creating a Hitokugutsu weapon requires a 300 word RP about the acquiring the Hitokugutsu puppet and may be linked to from the user's normal RP threads; this is only required upon acquiring a puppet, and must state which BL/CA its augment skills (if any) will come from. Augments and selected BL/CA skills may be changed as normal weapon changes, but which BL/CA it has access to will be permanent. The user may replace the Hitokugutsu just as they may a normal weapon, but obtaining it or another Hitokugutsu requires the RP to be done once again.
- If the user equips a Hitokugutsu puppet which has the same BL/CA as their own no effects stack in any way and actions used by the Hitokugutsu puppet may not surpass the normal limits for how often an ability or technique may be used (I.E. A user who has Opportunist and is wielding an Opportunist Hitokugutsu puppet may still only use Shadow Step a total of three times per battle).
- Hitokugutsu type puppets otherwise obey all other rules for Weapon Creation, and share the same restriction on how many may be owned.
- The Hitokugutsu puppets are still considered 'Puppet' weapons, but gain the benefits of this ability rather than any of the normal effects for the puppet weapon type.
- If a Hitokugutsu redirects an attack to itself through a BL/CA technique, its Called Shot: Weapon level is raised.Puppet Symbiosis - B-Rank Puppet Taijutsu
Generally, a puppeteer's greatest weakness is their vulnerability while puppeteering. However those who have themselves become puppets have discovered how to use their now removable limbs and compact body to it's fullest, and are able to arrange themselves within a puppet at their own convenience, in so doing remove the their weakness. While within a puppet, the user's body conjoins with it allowing them to control that puppet as if it were simply a suit of armor.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
Rank 1 and 2:
- While active the user "wears" a puppet weapon from their inventory, replacing the certain effects granted by 'Weaponized Form' with those of the worn puppet. This has the following effects:
- The worn puppet weapon's Accuracy and Damage Modifiers replace those of the user's Puppet Body.
- The worn puppet weapon's augments (to include BL/CA augment skills on Hitokugutsu) replace those of the user's Puppet body.
- Worn puppet is automatically drawn from the user's inventory as a part of wearing it. This does not cost additional AP. While active the user is considered equipped with the worn puppet but is immune to any effects which would disarm or remove it from them. This weapon may still be targeted by Called Shot: Weapon.
- All other rules of Weaponized Form remain in effect.
Rank 1: 1.5 AP, 880 CP, 440 Cp/Rnd
Rank 2: 1.5 AP, 440 CP, 220 CP/Rnd
- Effects are the same between Rank 1 and 2.
- This Jutsu may not be used with Broken puppet weapons. If a worn puppet reaches Broken called shot status, this jutsu is dispelled.Sacred Threads of Fate - B-Rank Puppet Taijutsu
An advanced puppet jutsu that allows the user to create special threads of chakra with the sole intent on manipulating their own puppet body. This technique coats the user in a tangle of chakra threads, each controlled mentally by the human puppet. Though this may seem redundant, this allows the user to move their artificial body regardless of how beaten up or damaged their limbs or joints are. However, any physical prowess they may have trained and honed with their puppet body will be of little use as they are controlling themselves through strings.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet
Rank 1: While active the user is unaffected by Sprained and Fractured Called Shot penalties.
Master Rank: While active the user is unaffected by Sprained, Fractured and Broken Called Shot penalties.
Rank 1: 2.25 AP and 300 CP to initiate + 150 Cp/Rnd
Master Rank: 2.25 AP and 375 CP to initiate + 190 CP/rnd
- Maintain cost is increased by +100% for each Called Shot penalty which is being ignored by Sacred Threads of Fate after the first (2 penalties increases the cost by +100%, 3 penalties by +200%, etc).Blood Bend - A-Rank Puppet Taijutsu
A dark puppeteering technique, those who have turned their bodies into puppets know the workings and weaknesses of the body...And how to manipulate it to their own ends. While normal puppeteer's have the ability to use their chakra threads to assist their willing allies during battle, these darker puppeteers have increased chakra thread strength that allows them to outright snatch control of a persons body, by literally pulling their strings. Though some may resist the effects of this skill to some degree, it is not easy to resist the constant force of the puppeteer’s will, and sooner or later, many find that their body becomes little more than a plaything to the puppet master.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet, A-Rank
Rank 1: Attaches multiple invisible strings of chakra to an opponent's body at -2 Accuracy. Victim suffers -2 Accuracy and Dodge for the duration.
Rank 2: Attatches multiple invisible strings of chakra to an opponent's body at -1 Accuracy. Victim suffers -3 Accuracy and Dodge for the duration.
Special Action: Bodily Disruption Up to twice per turn while this jutsu is affecting a target, the user may pay 2 AP to cause the target to have a 40% chance to auto-fail their next action.
Special Action: Sappling Strings While this jutsu is affecting the opponent the user may choose to end the jutsu and cause the opponent to suffer CP Damage equal to 5% of their Maximum CP. This must be chosen at the beginning of the round.
Special Action: Blood Trap: User may automatically bind an opponent affected by Blood Bend. Blood Bend may only be maintained for a maximum of two rounds following engaging this Special Action.
Rank 1: 3 AP and 1,320 CP + 660 CP/rnd
Rank 2: 3 AP and 1,650 CP + 825 CP/rnd
- Does not use Handseals.
- Lasts up to 3 rounds and requires a contested Ranged Accuracy roll each round to maintain (includes Accuracy Bonuses).
- Special Action - Blood Trap is considered both a Physical and Chakra bind. An opponent which is bound with it has a 20% chance to escape for each 1 AP they spend and the bind is automatically broken if the bound opponent is attacked (they receive a -3 Dodge penalty to the attack) or suffers any damage.Automated Instruction Core - S-Rank Puppet Taijutsu
A technique only able to performed by those with the most precise understanding of all things puppetry...and what it means to be a puppet themselves. This technique allows the user to store their chakra into a shell not unlike their own core, in a way which may later pull their puppet's strings without any direct interaction from the puppeteer themselves. The signs of a puppeteer new to this technique are often automated puppets with clunky, exaggerated movements...but the finest of puppeteers seem to have their creations nearly take on a life of their own.
Prerequisites: Human Puppet, S-Rank
Master Rank: The user spends an amount of CP of their choice (minimum of 3500 CP; CP cost cannot be modified through any effect) and creates up to 3 conditional actions. A single 'Puppet' weapon of their choice (equipped or unequipped) gains CP equal to the amount of CP spent, and will attempt to perform the conditional actions each round. Each conditional action may only be performed once per round, but its actions refresh at the start of each round. This Automated Puppet cannot be destroyed through damage, and will last until either it runs out of chakra, or its AI Core reaches 'Broken' status (targetable by Called Shot: Weapon).
Special Action - Protocol Change: By paying 2 AP and 2% Max CP, the user may create a new set of 'Conditional' actions for any amount of automated puppets in battle. If used against any automated puppets they have not created, this requires a Ranged check against the original owner. If used on multiple automated puppets simultaneously, they all receive the same conditional list (the user would have to perform this action multiple times to give each automaton its own set of conditionals). The new conditional list takes effect the start of the next round.
Master Rank Cost: 4.5 AP. "X" CP.
- May only be used once per round.
- The user may not wield or otherwise use any Puppet weapon affected by this.
- The Automaton has secondaries equal to the users at the time of casting. Any actions performed by it are timed as if the user performed it themselves.
- Automated Puppets cannot perform A+ Rank Jutsu, and may otherwise only perform actions that are capable of being done by them (A standard Puppet may only be assigned basic strikes or Puppet Taijutsu, while a Hitokugutsu Automaton has more options available). An exception to this is that both standard puppets and Hitokugutsu have access to the user's equipment slots, and may be assigned actions requiring items in it.
- So long as the the automaton has at least 1 point of Chakra, it may perform an action involving chakra even if it does not have enough CP for the entire cost. However, it will fall to the ground as a 'Dropped' weapon immediately after performing that action.
- If an attack intended for a different target is redirected to the Automated Puppet through any method, its AI Core's Called Shot: Weapon level is raised.