Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hurdy-Gurdy man [open]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What am I doing?

Shiori looked down at the bundle in his hands, hurrying away from the academy into town. He ducked through the crowd,his slender nature allowing him to pass easily though. He was trying to appear inconspicuous, but simply becoming more obvious by his effort.

Eventually, he began to relax, moving away from the academy. As he moved into the village, his gaze kept getting pulled upward. He would go there.

With a destination in mind, his thoughts returned to his actions. A timid smile quivered on his face. He was once a quiet boy, head down, always listening to authority. His time in the academy, with his new friends, was changing him. His boisterous pals were drawing a wild streak from the timid little student, culminating in the action he had just committed.

It had been so easy to sneak it out. No one ever really watched over it. What harm would it do to bring out for a bit? No one would mind. That was Shiori’s justification anyway, as he clambered upwards. He still held the package close, as if it were a delicate, fragile thing.

As he reached his destination, a wind picked up, plucking at Shiori’s shaggy mane of hair. People were staring at the view from atop the Hokage rock, some eating at benches, others sat on blankets, or played games. Shiori sat on the grass, not minding about a grass stain adding to the panoply of other stains and scuffs on his once fine clothing. He pulled a small piece of bread from his pocket, a small loaf he had made in the morning at the restaurant, leaving the rest to an impressed kitchen. He was pleased with the batch, the access to proper kitchen equipment letting his skills shine forth. Finished with the bread, he rubbed any crumbs from his fingers, and unwrapped the package.

It revealed an odd instrument, box-shaped with a crank at one end, and keys at the ‘neck’ of the other. It had been fascinating him since he first found it in the music room, and he had often shuffled off to attempt to play it.

He had wanted to give it a go out here, see if the open air would make his stuttering, buzzing attempts sound better. He began to turn the crank, the low drone emanating from the instrument turning a few heads. Once he had his rhythm, he began manipulating the keys, buzzing notes sawing across the picnic area.

If Shiori had been here, trying to enjoy his day, he would likely not approve of a lone child blaring an instrument out, and not well. But he didn’t think of that, he focussed on the instrument, his slender fingers clumsily moving over the keys.

Etsuko Noi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Out of the way!" Exclaimed the young blonde boy. Pushing through the crowd of pedestrians. Some of the elderly and adults had angry reactions at his disregard of their personal space. He payed no attention to them, choosing to push even more people out of the way as he traveled.

This was his fourth day in a row skipping his lessons in the academy. The walls of the building kept his brain and body still. The possibly worst thing that could happen to him besides death, or giving things away for free. The warm weather didn't bother him today. Stubborn as always, he kept his maroon coat on. Even if the temperatures were unbearable he had an emotional attachment to it. It was a good luck charm of sorts. The bottom of the coat brushed against the dirt road. No big deal, since he knew his mother would wash it later.

A white vanilla-flavored ice cream cone was grasped by Noi's right hand. 5 scoops of delicious flavor, stolen straight from the local ice cream shop. The man running it always put a cone on display during the busiest time of the marketplace. Noi had found the perfect time to snag up a delicious snack for himself. He did it often, at least four times a week. The boy didn't realize that it was melting into the side of his hand, dripping on the ground and leaving a trail of his carelessness while he walked.

After walking down several blocks a certain sound caught his ear.

Low drones, the noises reminded him of a dying animal. Not a normal dying animal either.

Noi walked slowly towards the source. His ice cream continuing to melt. Within a few seconds, Noi saw a boy with an odd instrument. He sat in some lush grass. Not being one to shy away from expressing himself, Noi took a bite out of his ice cream cone, which was now a third of the way down. Yelling, "Hey kid! What instrument is that? It reminds me of a dying animal."

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hey kid! What instrument is that? It reminds me of a dying animal."

Shiori’s face of concentration was wiped away by an expression of confusion, turning towards the voice.

Stood defiantly on the grass, melting ice cream in hand, was a boy of about Shiori’s age. He was wearing gaudy, if well made, clothing, speaking of some means. Well to-do boys were like that, Shiori had found, even when he had been in a comfortable life. The world was their playground, everything had to directly relate back to them, or it didn’t fit into the neat order their universe existed in. He never resented them for it. It was what they knew. He offered a meek smile.

“It does rather, doesn’t it? I must profess, I’m not very good...I think. I’ve never heard one played before, so my frame of reference is a tad off.” He replied, remaining seated, but turning his body to face the boy. He looked at the ice cream, it had been a long time since he had eaten a confection like that, an extravagance he could ill afford now. But when he was a great ninja, he could have whatever he wanted.

“My name is Hiyasu Shiori. What’s yours?” He would have offered a hand in greeting, but he didn’t want to get it sticky, and he was busy cradling the instrument, fearing he would break something that wasn’t his. If he broke it, he would get caught, he just knew it.

Puzzlement plastered itself on Shiori’s face again. The boy was about his age…

“Shouldn’t you be in the academy? I’ve never seen you there before.” The tone wasn’t quite accusatory.

Etsuko Noi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This boy's words and way of speaking irritated Noi. His mannerisms seemed too formal. The gentle ones were always the people that had to hide the most. Noi met the boy's smile with a straight face. His suspicion of Shiroi's character was plain to see. He stared at the boy for several seconds before speaking. Analyzing the length of his limbs, his hair, the clothes that he wore which looked fine in quality. This kid had something to hide, and he was going to try to see just what he's hiding.

"Etsuko..Noi Etsuko."

His eyes glanced at Shiroi being protective of the instrument. "You cradle that instrument as if it were your child. Is it that precious to you?" Noi took a bite out of his cone once more. Chuckling a bit to himself. He always thought that he had the best sense of humor.

Noi reached out the cone towards Shiroi. He couldn't eat too much ice cream or else he would have an explosion of pain in his stomach. "Take the rest of this." Demanding in tone, looking into Shiroi's eyes as the ice cream continued dripping down his hands. There was still plenty of ice cream to enjoy. A free ice cream cone was rare for other people. Noi hoped that he would take it. He wasn't one to throw away food. The stolen cone today just had too much ice cream scooped on.

His question about the academy made him start cackling. "The academy is pointless. The career of a shinobi is pointless. What is there to look forward to? Death? I don't buy into any of it. I was almost expelled for my behavior in class. I'd rather just skip than deal with all of that." Noi's skin got goose bumps thinking of attending school. The horrible ways of structured life in an academic setting made him nervous.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Etsuko Noi… Nice to meet you.” Shiori smiled. The boy had a very intense look, as if trying to peer through Shiori into his very soul. It was somewhat unnerving, but many unnerving people lived in this village.

He started when Noi mentioned the instrument in his hands. He looked down at it for a moment. Did he know? He was academy age, after all. He would get in trouble for stealing school supplies. Damn his lack of self control! He should be more restrained.

His mind was snapped back from self-flagellation as an ice cream was shoved in his face. Well, half an ice cream. He grabbed it quickly, to stop the melting confection from adding it’s own little stamp to his attire, and his rumbling stomach. He ate it quickly, wiping his hand on the grass beside him. He nodded as he swallowed the ice cream.

“Thank you for the Ice cream.”

“It’s very precious, yes.” The joke had gone over Shiori’s head, his worry about the theft overriding his social skills.

His expression gave way to puzzlement as the boy dismissed the entire lifestyle the majority of the village followed with casual scorn. He hadn’t considered the long-term risk of being shinobi too thoroughly.

His mind flicked back to the past. To the forests of Moon. “People die all the time, Etsuko Noi. May as well do something useful before we do.” He mumbled.

Shiori continued, his voice gaining strength, even with an underlying tremble. “I have thrown myself into this life, to be the best I can. Though I do make a better baker than a ninja at the moment.” He looked at the instrument again.

“Or a musician.”

He perked up again when Noi mentioned his brushes with discipline in a throwaway comment. “I would never have thought about misbehaving in school. It seems the academy though-” A flicker of eyes to the instrument below-”breeds mischief”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back