Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Ichihaku Ramen [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC:
[Thread entered with PC Zentaru Tatsuya.]
[Thread entered with NPC Himawari Henkeitori.]

IC:
Grumble. Grumble. Grumbleeeeeeee.

Tatsuya's attention was diverted away from his delicious ramen bowl, towards a man who had just walked into the shop. He was clutching his stomach, slowly making his way towards the bar, drawing attention from the server.

"Greetings, welcome to Ichihaku Ramen, the best ramen in Konohagakure!" She announced, bowing slightly at the man. A massive smile played out on her face, clearly happy to see that they finally had another customer. Yeah... this store was pretty empty. There were two restaurants further down the road that Tatsuya wanted to try out, said to be massive competitors of each other, and who served such great food that there were always massive lines. And there were. Which was why Tatsuya decided to ignore them for today, and enter a random store to eat.

It turned out that the food in this store was... not bad. But clearly not good enough. It had to do for Tatsuya though, for he had things to do today, things that meant he could not just spend hours waiting in line for food.

"Excuse me... do you have any free food? I am sorry, I don't have any money..." The man asked, clutching his stomach even harder. Poor guy seemed like he was about to faint.

The server's smile faded, and she shook her head. "I am sorry, but we cannot serve you if you don't have any money. We're not running a charity here." She said firmly, her face becoming stern.

A defeated look played out across the man's face, and he started to turn away. That was when Tatsuya just had to interject. He just could not let the scenario play out the way it was clearly about to. "Hang on!" Tatsuya called out, a hand raised at the direction of the man. When that caught the attention of the man and he stopped in his tracks, Tatsuya lowered his arm and continued. He turned towards the server. "Please, make him a bowl of ramen. I will pay for him."

The server almost overreacted upon Tatsuya's request for a bowl of ramen, but she managed to catch herself before committing to her reaction. She turned towards the hungry man and bowed slightly. "In that case, please have a seat, sir."

While she turned away to prepare the food, the man wandered over to Tatsuya at the bar and sat down next to him. "Thank you, kind sir. You are a lifesaver. I have not eaten for a month."

... What. "I am sorry, did you say... a month?"

"Yes." The man replied, nodding sagely once. "I wandered into the village about three months ago, thinking it was deserted. Unfortunately it was populated, and because I wandered in... I did not have any sort of documentation on my. Apparently, that was needed... even to leave."

Wait, what. What. What. What. What. That story was full of holes. Not to mention... a month? What? And why are you telling me all this? This sounds like it should be a secret? What do you mean you do not have any documentation? That is bad! That is bad!

"So I have had to resort to hunting wild animals to survive. However, I had only been able to hunt birds, and then I was informed that it was prohibited. So, I have been starving since a month ago, living off of small insects."

Poor guy... but a lot of this seems to be... how to say it...

"I apologize, what do you mean you wandered into the village? Was there... no one stopping you at the gates?"

"No. I called out, but there was no one. So I wandered in."

A truly puzzling thought. Surely, there must have been guards there. Tatsuya had to be on guard against someone like this. Something must have not been quite right, and Tatsuya cannot fathom it to be something to do with Konohagakure's security.

"My name is Himawari Henkeitori, by the way. It is nice to be of your acquaintance."

"Zentaru Tatsuya."
Tatsuya responded, not including anything more than that. He did not want to overstate anything, not in this precarious situation. However, something kind of... clicked in his mind? Tatsuya was unsure how to phrase it. Upon hearing Henkeitori's full name, a sort of tingly, irking sensation arose in him, almost as if it was trying to well up and trigger... something.

Henkeitori's ramen bowl had just came out, but just before digging in, his face grimaced a bit upon hearing Tatsuya's full name. Henkeitori looked deep in thought, before turning towards Tatsuya. "I know your clan... you come from the north of the Lightning Country, do you not?"

Tatsuya's eyes widened. In his mind, gears were turning as he was trying to piece all the information together. How did this man know about such information?

"No... I am actually from Kumogakure. But yes, my clan is from the north of the Lightning Country... how did you know?"

Henkeitori had almost seem to forgot about his hunger, ignoring his meal to focus on Tatsuya. His face contorted first in slight confusion, before snapping back to realization and a smile. Then, cocking his head slightly to the side, and then realization again. "Oh, apologies. Despite my family name, I am actually part of the Henkeisho clan."

As if that was supposed to explain everything...

Seeing Tatsuya's complete lack of realization, Henkeitori's face betrayed a degree of puzzlement again. "You don't know?"

Tatsuya shook his head.

In response, Henkeitori decided to offer a full explanation. "Hm... well our clans are sister clans. Zentaru to the north, Henkeisho to the west. Then, to the east, there's the Hebikusen." At this point, Henkeitori had resorted to point that clans out on an imaginary map of the Lightning country in the air, pointing out the different clans in relation to the directions described. "To the south, that's where the Saikenin reside. Finally, in Kumogakure..." Henkeitori pointed to the center-ish of the map. "That's where the Arashigeru reside. They are the purest Santaru clan offshoot." Noticing Tatsuya's curiosity piquing then and there, Henkeitori furthered his explanation. "All five of our sister clans are offshoots of a single branch family of the Santaru clan. We broke off of the Santaru clan many a years ago, but we still consider each other family. Well, at least the Henkeisho do. I've no idea about the other clans. Would be nice to have a family gathering though..."

The more Henkeitori just completely blabbed out, the more Tatsuya realized that there seemed to really be no malice to the man. He just seems to have absolutely no filter at all.

The pair went on to talk for a bit more, finally digging into their respective meals as stories gradually became less shocking. It was interesting to find someone from the same country in a place like this, and then, it was time for them to part ways.

Later on, Tatsuya knew that he had to find this Henkeitori person again. When the man introduced where he was originally from, Tatsuya did not pick up the importance of the name then, as he had not heard the name for a very long time. But now that he mused about it.... Sosorinoko... That is the village that Tatsuya was from! That was where he had been 'reborn'!

If the man was from the same village... perhaps the man had left it before the disease infected the population there. Perhaps if Tatsuya described what he knew about himself more, the man could help identify who Tatsuya really was. Oh... what a chance encounter!

OOC:
[MFT]
[WC: 1,271]
[Thread left with PC Zentaru Tatsuya.]
[Thread left with NPC Himawari Henkeitori.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back