Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Implications... Unpleasant [Event, Open]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Cast iron pot. Cauldron. Whatever floated your boat. It did not matter the name but the use, after all. And, as it was, it looked like she was using it to promote witchcraft and potioneering! Although, if asked about it, she would argue that she was merely incorporating shinobi and civilian chemistry and traditional pharmacy.

Looking at Momochi with the strained smile on his face, she tilted her head to the side and stirred the concoction absentmindedly. Her speech was short as most of her focus was in regards to the calculations in her head. "Making counterpoison. Trying, at least. Not a full antidote. Can't. Not until I get samples to study. You know. Pink fountain fumes. We were affected. Maybe more than most. Direct skin contact with fountain waters. May want to take two steps back. Just in case it explodes."

Slowly, as if an afterthought, one of the assisting clones fetched a cup of tea from the pantry and offered it to the man. Jasmine. "To hydrate," the clone says, as if it was the most simple fact of life.

After a beat or two, whether Momochi accepted the tea or not, Nanami took a sip of her own concoction. And started sputtering, fanning at her mouth before the other clone rushed to give her another cup. Sheepish and embarrassed, she coughed: "Hot."

It was only then that she turned the stove off and turned to her roommate. "How are you feeling?"
|</FONTFACE>[legend="[b]Out of Character Notes[/b]"]
  • She's too blunt for her own good.
[/legend]<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">[/col]

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Making counterpoison. Trying, at least. Not a full antidote. Can't. Not until I get samples to study. You know. Pink fountain fumes. We were affected. Maybe more than most. Direct skin contact with fountain waters. May want to take two steps back. Just in case it explodes."

Well that's ominous. he thought, backing away from the cauldron thingy. Momochi hadn't given the strange pink mist in the fountain much thought, he'd been... uh... distracted. He looked at Nanami... his thoughts on her, had changed very little. But they no longer overwhelmed his memories. He remembered a thousand dreams of explosions and screams and boulders crashing down. Dreams of tracking his prey, of her smile... of her betrayal. Nanami chose that moment to offer him a cup of tea not unlike the one that altered his life forever. He reached out tenuously to take the cup from her clone, only to set it down on the nightstand by the bed.

Shes not that person said the little voice of wisdom that we rarely listen to. Momochi couldn't help imagining it all over again.

He struggled to survive in the mines, he struggled to survive as a shinobi, and then he struggled to survive a great loss. Now he just felt struggling was all he knew how to do. His history of struggles made it difficult to fully appreciate moments when he didn't have to struggle. Nanami burnt her mouth on the tea she made and Momochi chuckled a little. A moment passed and she asked:

"How are you feeling?"

Momochi wasn't prepared to fully answer that question. He looked over at the lone tea cup, destined to sit there till it cooled and it was poured down a drain. A simple object, nothing more. Yet something hidden, through a door. Maybe Nanami didn't have the key. Something was here she couldn't see... What did it mean? What did it MEAN!? Momochi's expression became dreary. He became aware of it quickly and adjusted back to his typical stratagem of unnatural smiles.

"I just feel a little tired..." he said quietly.

He watched her countenance for every ounce of thought. She was so many things he couldn't have thought of. Couldn't begin to think of. Also obviously a witch, a thing he would obviously question more at a later date. Most likely on Halloween whilst in costume.

"I'm ok, but hey Doc..." he said, his voice fading a little as nervousness edged its way into his tongue. "...are you hungry? Because I'm kind of starving. We should go eat."

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]It bid her no offence, no harm, as the tea was rejected. She assumed that it was suspect after all. He must have thought that her horrible pink concoction had already tainted the beverage. Telling him it was safe and clean would only make him more wary. She'll let him get his own drink at his own pace instead. Much safer.

The doctor idly wondered if the man was a shinobi. She couldn't quite tell them apart unless she looked good and hard. And, right now, she wanted to do anything else other than getting a good and hard look at the man she had spent the night in bed with. As innocent as it was. She didn't want to be caught staring, first of. And secondly, she didn't want to be caught staring... Yeah, that was pretty much it.

But she gave him a soft smile, to replace the tea, when he said he was tired. A chuckle came after, as he brought up food. "Now that you mention it, I'm feeling a tad bit peckish as well. Shall we order room service or eat out? Although, I suggest staying away from the fountain plaza, in case there is still any lingering traces of the toxin," she hummed.

She'd have to leave her pink hot pot however, to let the brew settle. It was no matter, of course. A few more yen and a clone left behind should do the trick if they were going outside. Maybe she could find a way to contact one of the Sand locals she had met before as well about the whole Valentine's day madness. Masashi-san or Takahashi-san or maybe even Sagasu-san, if they already didn't know (Unbeknownst to her, Sousuke was already affected by the whole debacle). Even if the small oasis was outside village borders, they still needed to be alerted after all.

Standing up from her seated position on the floor, she stretched and sighed. "I'm afraid I wouldn't know what places are good though. Just a tourist, of sorts, after all. Although there is a cheap hidey hole a few blocks South of here which has good cheap, chicken that isn't too greasy. Ate there my first day here."
  • TENSION! DRAMA! OH MY!

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm afraid I wouldn't know what places are good though. Just a tourist, of sorts, after all. Although there is a cheap hidey hole a few blocks South of here which has good cheap, chicken that isn't too greasy. Ate there my first day here."

Momochi grinned ear to ear, mischief in his eyes.

"You don't know Sand, I don't know Sand... this sounds like..." the next door neighbor violinist chose that exact moment to draw his bow in a dramatic scream of strings. ...an adventure." the violinist began his concerto.

Momochi reached out and snatched her hand like it was the last lifeline on a ship in a storm. With a flourish of speed and determination he half-lead, half-dragged Nanami out the door and down the hall. Not time to dismiss the clones, no time to clean, no time to lock the door. They might be late! Momochi didn't know what for yet, but they might be! They rushed past the front desk in a wild blur of motion. The clerk shook his head, new couples were always a little weird.
Momochi blindly thundered down the path, a left, a right, a right, with no regard for anything or anyone. Dust thrust up in the air in a cloud behind them, Momochi's smile never faded or wearied, he laughed like a mad man. The excitement of something new in his horizon driving him ever-onward. He sniffed and sniffed as they passed fruit vendors, clockmakers, taylors, cobblers, blacksmiths, butchers, priests, talisman makers, and glassmen and a dozen other professions too lengthy to spell-out. Momochi sniffed the air constantly, suddenly taking a sharp left, swinging Nanami out wide behind him as he sped forward. He realized he had failed to share what his nose was revealing to him.

"I smell it! The best food in the village!" he said, exhilaration tingling through his teeth.

Momochi's pace began to quicken right up until he came to violent stop in the middle of the street. He pointed directly at a little old woman in an earthen brown shawl, manning a small cart.

"You!" he declared with triumph. "You make the best pork buns in the village!" he said, never relenting his aggressive pointing.

The little old woman, Tsune Shiboshi, once ran the Shiboshi Goods and Baking Supply store. They were a thriving little business with rising sucess. Everyone said it was because old Tsune had been tenacious and bargained her way to the top with real grit. But to Tsune it was her grand daughter Aika who made her company a success. Aika was always getting into trouble, her rambunctious nature the cause of much uproar in her classes... she was such a beautiful young girl. The Cabal bombings had taken more than buildings and businesses. When the bombs went off, Tsune lost her company, her savings... and her grand daughter.

If ever there had been a person who looked like Aika... it was the girl standing next to this unruly young man. She struggled to register his compliment as her eyes laid on Nanami.

"Oh well thank you young man, but you haven't even tried one yet! she said with a sweet old smile.

"Are you kidding me!? I can smell the deliciousness three blocks away granny!" he said, adventure still booming in his voice. Momochi reached for his little money bag. He pulled out his week's budget for food. Momochi was broke as a joke, but he could budget like a mofo. Technically this was past his allotment, but life wasn't a perfect recipe all the time. Then it struck Momochi that he'd forgotten something.

"Do you like pork...?" he said, a tremor of fear and unease sticking in the back of his throat.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Nanami didn't know if she quite liked the look on her face. It was trouble. He was trouble. But, then again, trouble wasn't always a bad thing. She couldn't protest to an adventure. Not when, like some daydream, he pulls her and starts running. Their strange night together had extended into the morning, regardless of the premise that had brought them together in the first place.

Her clones only offered her a wide eyed wave as they stayed in the room to watch over the pot. Although, one of them did poof out of existence due to the suddenness of it all.

The hand he held tingled and she tried to ignore it, in favour of apologizing to the people they bowled over and barrelled into on their mad dash. But she couldn't quite stop the laughter that escaped her, especially when their running had knocked over a bucket onto a very pompous looking man's head. His excitement was certainly infectious, despite the doctor's usual level headedness.

"You can smell it?" she asked with a startled laugh, part intrigued and part incredulous. What was he smelling so far away from their hotel? And how? Was he part Inuzuka perhaps? Akimichi? Akimichi were excellent in tracking down their much needed food, after all. She was thinking of all this and couldn't apply the brakes in time, so that she collided with Momochi's back with a small oof.

The pork bun cart was quaint and homely, as was the woman running it. She was the sort of lady that Nanami could see having a husband of many years, children and maybe even grandchildren. But she knew of the terrorist activities here. And that made her briefly wonder if running the cart was by choice, rather than by circumstance.

"M-Me? Pork buns? Ah, yeah! I love them!" was her embarrassed reply. "I-I'll have two? Wait, is that too much? Ah, two, yeah!"

Normally, she would have said no, she didn't quite like pork like most people. Not unless it was prepared to certain specifics. It had to be marinated, of course, as unmarinated pork could hold all sorts of dangers. But, whether the pork bun was or wasn't prepared to healthy, safe standards, she couldn't say no. Not to the sweet old lady and not to Momochi. She'd sooner stab herself with a hypodermic needle than do such a callous thing, despite her strange morals, mannerism and people skils (or lack thereof).
  • He's too cute. I cannot. A guy like looking like that being extremely cute. This is adorable. I do not regret this topic at all. Unless I can actually die of cuteness. Still no regrets.

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"M-Me? Pork buns? Ah, yeah! I love them!" she said looking little uncertain. "I-I'll have two? Wait, is that too much? Ah, two, yeah!"

Yay, she liked meat. Or at least pork. But probably most meat. Mmmmm. Meat.

"Two buns it is! Six buns total my good woman!" said Momochi, his goofiest smirk on display. His eyes nearly disappeared as his dimples rode high on his cheeks. He looked cheesey enough to spread on a cracker.

"That'll be 720 yen." she said business-woman-matter-of-factly.

"120 yen a piece!? Thats a little spendy ain't it?"

"Times are hard. Food has been scarce. They used to be 200 yen." she said a little morose.

"Oh c'mon granny pleeeeease~? I'm just short 70~"

"...alright fine, you're going to make me a poor woman selling you these buns so cheap."

Momochi turned to Nanami with victory in his eyes and a fist pump celebrating his successful negotiating. "Hah! Grannys the best!"

A few moments later they were walking again, now much more casually. Momochi had three large buns in his arms, and one stuffed in his mouth making his cheeks puff out like a man sized squirrel that tried to swallow a watermelon. He was a weirdly aggressive guy, he even chewed like he was angry at the buns. As though every bite he took was vengeance for the great pork bun war of yesteryear.

"So..." he garbled through bits of meat and deliciousness. "...why did you come to Sand?" he said, drawing emphasis on the 'you'.

Truthfully, Momochi had been wondering a lot about Nanami. How much did he really want to know? His own story was a little dark and rife with unpleasant memories. That was usually how smart people got made or so Momochi thought. Lots and lots of misery tendd to breed coping and strategy to every situation. Momochi didn't think much of his own intelligence come to think of it. He witnessed lots of reasons not to do things... he just sort of did what he wanted anyways. How much bad stuff did a person have to go through to be a Doctor? Or even want to be a Doctor? A thought occurred to him at that moment. One he didn't trust, or fully understand.

Maybe she can help.

"...ever study why people die?" he began said as hypothetically as he knew how to sound.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]He really liked his meat, didn't he? Four pork buns to her two.

Now she didn't feel so bad at pigging out. If he got to do it, why couldn't he? And if anybody told her that it was because she was a girl and had to eat less, they'd regret it.

The doctor quietly slipped the lacking seventy yen to the old lady. Fun of haggling aside, she could benefit from the money more than the doctor at the moment. Although, like Momochi, she too was overspending her very tight budget by now. Especially since she had to pay for that hotel room yesterday.

The excitement and running around certainly had made her hungry though. As, soon, as they walked and talked and ate, she had already eaten half of her first pork bun while the other was in a bag hanging by her hip. She was a fast eater. Although she didn't quite tore at it like the man, she barely chewed before she swallowed. Lunch breaks were short, after all, when she had to spend most of her hours helping patients.

And, unlike Momochi, she made sure she had no food in her mouth before she spoke up. "Why am I in Sand? Ah, I guess that's a fair question. Mmm, work really. I'm a travelling doctor... sort of. I go around looking for high paying jobs to make sure my clinic back home is kept running. I save up fees to make sure our medicine and equipment are up to date and so that I can compensate my employees, even if most of them are volunteers." There was no sign of deceit in her tone and words and the way she said it was to the point. "It's as simple as that, I'm afraid. I don't go around trying to find adventure or to be a hero, if that's what you're thinking."

She'd finish her first pork bun at this point. Maybe even before Momochi's finished his. And was about to start on her second one when he brought up the next question.

Odd question.

Very.

tumblr_n7ipu78pkM1sa14m3o1_500.gif

The Deaths looked at Pestilence, Famine and War, a glazed look in their eyes. Although their face was as cold as ice and as still as stone, their eyes reflected their grief and sadness while lips spilled apologies repeatedly like a broken record. They made them like the Deaths. And in order to be close to the Deaths, they had to witness plenty of it. Some they caused themselves, although not of their own accord. They had turned them, all of them, into monsters. Pestilence wanted to die. Kill her. Kill her. Kill me. This was against everything she stood for. Death without reason. She wanted to die. Why couldn't they let her die?

Her eyes glazed over, like she had fallen asleep midspeech but her head snapped up again. "That sounds more like a philosophical question than anything, Momochi-san," she hummed in thought. "I've studied how people die, sure, mostly in theory. I've been asked to do the occasional autopsy reports and to consult as a medic in murder investigations as well."
  • Hmmm.

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Why am I in Sand? Ah, I guess that's a fair question. Mmm, work really. I'm a travelling doctor... sort of. I go around looking for high paying jobs to make sure my clinic back home is kept running. I save up fees to make sure our medicine and equipment are up to date and so that I can compensate my employees, even if most of them are volunteers. It's as simple as that, I'm afraid. I don't go around trying to find adventure or to be a hero, if that's what you're thinking."

She gobbled up her meat bun faster than Momochi. He was too impatient to take a bite at a time like a normal person, so her efficiency immediately outweighed his eagerness.

"Not a hero huh? Thats great for me!" he winked with a wry grin. "Cuz I'm a super villain!" his easy nature made the truth sound fun and laughable. Maybe it was easy because it was more true than it was false. "Don'tchu ever kid yourself Doc. You fix broken people and stuff right? That can't be easy. People need you to save them."

She is good though. he thought with a hint of sadness trickling in. So good... or so he thought. A healer like Momochi wasn't. A person who could save the weak and frail, like Momochi had failed to do so many times. Momochi knew in this moment, he needed to get away from her. He had to leave her. He had to keep her away from him no matter what. She had a lot of good to do and he had lots of bad. She was wise and sweet, naive but experienced. A sexy nerd. She was like a rare... something rare. A fairy? A princess? A unicorn? One of those, but with a butt that felt awesome. When Momochi asked his important question, he paused a little inside to focus and watch her react:

"That sounds more like a philosophical question than anything, Momochi-san," she said after a second of stillness. "I've studied how people die, sure, mostly in theory. I've been asked to do the occasional autopsy reports and to consult as a medic in murder investigations as well."

"Maybe it is a little philosophical..."

Momochi couldn't ask her to be involved in this. Wouldn't. In his mind she wasn't just a person, she was an ideal. Like a perfect lotus on a warm spring day. You could only imagine... white-pink petals opening just enough to let in the sun... but when anything distrcted you? *poof* and the ideal was gone. But for all that thought, she was knowledgeable and she knew Sand better than he. Maybe she knew who he was supposed to find? Or a place for information at least.

No... she'll think its crazy...

"...do you believe in curses Nanami...?" he said, his eyes never leaving her.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Nanami blinked at his great reveal and had to cover her mouth with her free hand, hiding her amused smile.

"Do you have a super villain name then? You know, that isn't a good thing to reveal. Not when I'm starting to like your mild mannered alter ego, Momochi-san," she mused, bumping him with her shoulder. Jokingly, she continued: "And if I'm a hero, maybe I'll be the one to appeal to your good side. You can make a heel face turn and you'll have to go from all black clothes to all white clothes. Or maybe peach coloured clothes."

Really, against all odds, she was genuinely enjoying the man's company despite the occasional depressing and... or serious overtures.. The pink pot back at the hotel as well as the pink fog back at the fountain were nearly forgotten, if it weren't for the doctor's exquisite memory (those memories not wiped, aside).

She just assumed that, despite his appearances, Momochi could just be a very curious and philosophical sort of guy. What with his questions about death and curses. Images of the typical girl fantasy with dark and broody male protagonists came to mind and she had to fight off the blush on her face. But, anyway, who was she to stop curiosity? She was all for questions and answers, learning, the curing of ignorance and what not.

Tapping a finger on her lip and chewing in contemplation, she gave it a moment or two. "It... depends, I suppose, by how you define a curse."

"Some shinobi are able to emulate the effects of execrations through chakra techniques and can claim that they've put a curse on someone. With the proper application, execution and, with enough imagination, a strong enough shinobi can make it so that they appear to have godlike powers. Fuinjutsu, sealing techniques, for instance. I've had a patient before who thought they had been placed with a curse, so that they were haunted by ghosts. But, as it turns out, a seal to replicate the effects of genjutsu had been placed on their person without them realizing."

She crossed her arms and tilted her head, obviously thinking seriously about the topic. "But I wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility of the supernatural just yet. There are still plenty of things that cannot be explained by both civilian and shinobi logic in this word. To completely dismiss them would be close minded. But one shouldn't completely accept them just so easily, stating that magic or chakra would be the excuse for anything and everything."
  • This is getting really interesting.

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Do you have a super villain name then? You know, that isn't a good thing to reveal. Not when I'm starting to like your mild mannered alter ego, Momochi-san," she feigned shock and played to his goofy tune. "And if I'm a hero, maybe I'll be the one to appeal to your good side. You can make a heel face turn and you'll have to go from all black clothes to all white clothes. Or maybe peach coloured clothes."

She was good people. She was smooth and even a little coy.

"Ahah! You've discovered my secret lair!" he said with dramatic flourish as he pointed at a random vendor cart full of turnips. "...for I am the infamous turnip-head! Maybe I'll have to kidnap you for my dastardly plans~" this time his wink was a little more suggestive than previous. Momochi chuckled, continuing. "I wouldn't know what to do with white clothes besides get them dirty." he said reflecting on the mild nature of the day. Up ahead there was a small children's park... type of... thing. Whatever it used to be, it was largely destroyed and full of fragments and debris. All that remained of what was most likely a park, was a weathered old bench. Momochi sat on it, patting the spot to his right in a nudge-nudge fashion.

"It... depends, I suppose, by how you define a curse. Some shinobi are able to emulate the effects of execrations through chakra techniques and can claim that they've put a curse on someone. With the proper application, execution and, with enough imagination, a strong enough shinobi can make it so that they appear to have godlike powers. Fuinjutsu, sealing techniques, for instance. I've had a patient before who thought they had been placed with a curse, so that they were haunted by ghosts. But, as it turns out, a seal to replicate the effects of genjutsu had been placed on their person without them realizing."

She wasn't just educated. She was very knowledgeable. She seemed to know a lot about the seals... she had to know. But that wasn't fair to her now was it? If he asked, she'd be involved one way or another. What if someone knew things and went looking for him and found her instead? How terrible would that be? Maybe he really did need to kidnap her. So she'd be safe... yeah... safe. Plus, hey, free snuggle buddy. He reached over, wrapped his arms around her from behind, and pulled her into his chest not unlike yesterday. He arms were lean corded muscle, and while smooth to the touch, they held her firmly. He spoke, his tone stark and serious:

"Truth be told, I came here to find 'cursed seals'. I don't know if those are the same as thoseFuinjutsu, but I was told there were people here who would know of them. I kind of need them."

He felt himself say the words but struggled with the whole premise. Asking her was dangerous on its own, made moreso by continuing to ask. But he really had no leads. The ramblings of demons as it turned out were poetic by wildly vague.

Maybe I'll scare her off...? Thats probably for the best. he thought, hoping against hope. He nestled his nose in the nape of her neck, the scent of her hair cozy and inviting. He kind of wanted to keep her. Could people own people? Was there a word for that? How did you agree on that? Did you trade them stuff for ownership? Food? Food was usually a good trade. Maybe money. Momochi was broke though. His jutsu were absolutely not going to cut it. Maybe kidnapping was basically theft of a person. That didn't sound so bad. He borrowed things all the time without remembering to give them back...

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Her sides were hurting by the time Momochi was done with his turnip themed super villain routine. In return, Nanami struck a goofy pose, pork bun filled hand in the sky, the other raised to the side. "Ah! So you are my arch nemesis, Turnip Head! Alas, you have revealed your secret identity to me, the Orange Ranger! And-" she faltered and grew flustered when an old man passing by gave her an angry, disgruntled looks. Her arms returned to her sides, where a sane person kept them, and she hurried towards Momochi, acting like everything was normal.

As it was, everything was normal as could be, wasn't it? For all the rest of the world, for all that they cared, the two could just have been talking about the weather right now. There were no patients to take care of, no assignments to fulfill, no nothing.

All she was doing was enjoying the company of a funny individual and filling her stomach with a nice pork bu- and it's gone. All gone. Yep.

She wondered how long such normalcy would last. Most likely, it wouldn't past the twenty four hour mark. Since, after all, she had to attend to the desert storm mission with a group the day after. One would assume that trying to stop a killer, destructive sandstorm with a mastermind behind was anything but normal.

But what could be bothering the man so much? His interest in curses, as he listened intently to her spiel, looked like it was more of a personal affair than a theoretical one. Even the sudden closeness, their intimate position as she sat down on the bench, did nothing to deter her own curiosity. Fortunately, she would not lose many sleepless nights thinking about it. She did so hate having unanswered questions.

"Should I be worried about you, Momochi-san?" she found herself saying, all the while pulling herself away from his hold. But, it wasn't to run, no. She stared at him, concern shining on his features, and she clasped one of his hands with both of her own. Her eyes were so intent on the man now, that she could very well be trying to pry him and all his secrets apart, so that she could take care of him.

She would not ostracize a practitioner of the so called Dark Arts, Kinjutsus. There has been hearsay of those who use the Curse Seal for benevolent purpose and gift them to those who wish of them. There were also good natured individuals who have merely had the misfortune to be forced to learn. The village of Cloud, for instance, had legal Kinjutsu users.

But if there had been malevolent use... she knew it took great care and great pains to endure the damage such things could wrought. She searched Momochi, hoping that such a good man as him wasn't a victim...
  • Well then. Isn't it a happy coincidence that she's a Dark Sage (although she doesn't know).

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She lifted her head and craned her neck to look in his eyes and say: "Should I be worried about you, Momochi-san?" She tugged on his hand with the two of her own.

What a good question. Momochi didn't know the answer, which was queer because Momochi never really struggled with these kinds of things. The ability to know things as they were without lying to yourself was a rare quality. Rarer still was Momochi, for whom the idea of lying to himself never really even occurred. Except in the case of his quest. Which was unconventional to be fair. He couldn't help but linger on the idea that there was something tragic about meeting Nanami. Her concern only served to embellish that sensation.

"No not yet, " he said with a modest smile. "I just have a lot of stuff I need to get make my dream come true." his eyes wistful and distant. What if he never fond all the seals? What if he couldn't find enough powerful people to power the Engine? His list of needs was not extravagant, only difficult. He had to do a lot of roaming and he accepted that... but what if the person he was looking for was dead? What if they had already left Sand? What if it was all an elaborate ruse to waste his life away on a fantasy...

...what if its all just one more lie...?

Momochi died a little inside as he thought of how easily his entire dream could fall apart. How easily it would all crash down on him at any second, burying him beneath a mountain of misery that he caused. If he was successful... this would all be worth it. He would get to live the life he always wanted. Why was he getting all dark and down? He shouldn't be. He was already in Sand! The person who knew about the seals had to be here somewhere. Or someone had to know something. About anything. At all. Ok, maybe that was a little desperate, even in his head. But he would find this mysterious person! If it took all night! Or most of the night. Had to eat sometimes.

"Nanami," he said, with a kiss to her cheek from behind. He let go of her with his arms, stood from the bench, turned, and bent down on one knee. He reached up and took one hand in both of his.

"Nanami, will you..." his smile mischievous and sassy.

"...come on an adventure with me...~?"

[MFT]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Relief was apparent despite his dubious statement. She'd let it go for now as Curse Seals, at its root, was not a wholly medical concern. The doctor certainly wouldn't begrudge someone for seeking it out on their own, whether for study or personal gain. It was their choice after all. And she would dissuade them of it much like she dissuaded people about alcohol, cigarette and drug abuse. At the end of the day, it was all about freewill.

Her cheeks burned from his kiss and any warning fell flat and forgotten.

It was frustrating.

After all, it wasn't often that people got under her skin. And Momochi was doing just that. Just not in the way people usually often did, as to when they irk her. This man was getting to her in another way, not quite too far off from the feelings she had while under the pink haze's effects. She refused to call it love, far too early for such a thing, silly. And this wouldn't be the first time she's found somebody physically attractive. She knows the answer had already graced her with its presence before. But the way her face grew hot turned her all sorts of bamboozled.

Maybe it was because she met and found that she liked him as something other than patient, colleague or client?

Maybe.

Her heart rate picked up a bit, not helping her state at all, when Momochi suddenly knelt down as if he was going to... going to... was he really? People were already staring at that point. Especially as he paused with his question. But their expectations were met with disappointment, of course, when it turned out not to be a proposal.

Well, it was a proposal. Not just of the marriage kind. And the doctor was pretty sure she was relieved.

"Did you really have to do that?" Nanami whinged, poking the mischievous, sass mouth on the forehead with her free hand. "You're making a scene. Really now. Get up, get upppp. I'll go on this adventure. Just please get off your knees, Momochi-san."
  • What time is it? Adventure time!

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Did you really have to do that?" she said, making an adorable little face and poking him in the forehead. "You're making a scene. Really now. Get up, get upppp. I'll go on this adventure. Just please get off your knees, Momochi-san."

"Hah! Victory!" he gloated, jumping up on his feet. He jumped up so quick that he went right for the first thing his body wanted to do. He went in for a kiss. But right as he was incoming, he realized that his body had tricked him because his body was sneaky. He caught himself just inches away from lip to lip contact, instead dodging aside and coming in for a brief and slightly awkward hug. He kept forgetting how good she smelled. If they could bottle Nanami as a soap, he would swim in it. How did she get so soft and warm...?

"So!" he said trying to distract himself as he pulled out of the hug. "I need to find a sealing expert. Theres got to be some around here somewhere. If you were a sealing professional, where would you seal things?" His every word came hand in hand with full body gestures that were on the verge of interpretive dance. Momochi didn't know anything at all about seals, so consulting the person who knew about them seemed fairly reasonable.

It was at this exact moment that a large pebble came whistling through the air and bopped Momochi firmly on the back of the head, knocking him over. Quick as a flash, he was up and turned in the direction the rock came from. There stood two small boys, one maybe twelve and a little taller, the other ten and a little rounder.

"HEY WHATS THE BIG IDEA YOU TRYNA KILL ME!?" he roared at the boys. They threw more rocks.

"You're with the cabal!" yelled the taller one.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT A CABELL IS BUT UNLESS ITS AN APOLOGY MADE OF FOOD YOU'RE GONNA BE DEAD MEAT!" said Momochi howling in grumpy fury as he chased after the little scoundrels down the busy street him and Nanami had strode down earlier. It was much more peaceful before the two boys and Momochi started kicking up the dust. The boys were small and sneaky, sliding under carts, between boxes and fences. Leapfrogging over those vigilant in prayer. Where the young boys were nimble, Momochi was a bull in a china shop, bashing his way through everything the young boys narrowly dodged.

On and on it went, Momochi following them deeper and deeper into the busy avenues and narrow alley ways. The market crowds were a faded noise as Momochi finally stopped to catch his breath. It was late afternoon now... near dusk. All around him there were shadows shifting... a light gust of wind made hanging laundry above look alive. The whistle of air passing through a crack in a wooden window pane seemed a lot more like the grieved wailing of a cold undead spirit. No two boys to be seen... no Nanami either...

"Nanami...? Nanami?" he said, paranoia mounting. He ran.

Alley, to another alley, to another alley, the walls and buildings grew taller, the light faded more and more. Yet no matter how he called, he could not find her. Was she safe? Was she hurt?

"NANAMI!?" he cried out, running through yet another alley with cold sweat on his brow. A stab of fear, egging him on.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Awkward hug was awkward...

That was a given. Especially when it seemed, for a moment, that he was aiming to do something else. The doctor decided that she would have a headache if she thought too much into the things he did. Of course, that wouldn't stop her, the curious person that she was. But she let this particular oddity slide. For now.

Besides, even if she did decided to stew on it, she wouldn't have had the time to do so. Things were fast paced around Momochi and seemed intent to stay that way. No sooner had she opened her mouth to comment that perhaps some of the shinobi she has come to know in the village would know something about Seal Masters, stones were cast. Literally.

"Hey," she started, in the effort to chide and scold the kids. But they were off like a bullet, as was Momochi. The doctor had to stare incredulously in his wake and could feel a migraine building. "Darn it, Momochi. Do I have to keep you on a leash or something?" she sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

What to do? What to do?

She took off after him. Certainly, this was not the adventure the man had in mind. But she had to make sure he didn't actually kill the children. With the destruction left behind, she was certainly worried. Momochi had been mischievous and playful thus far. But if there was some sort of trigger that would make him lose control, then preventive measures had to be taken. She did not want to see children dead or Momochi incarcerated or executed. Merely following the trail of destruction, finding Momochi was easy. In fact, she couldn't have been a few blocks away when the man started to panic.

Nanami was about to call out to him, assure him that she was fine. But a hand went over her mouth and pulled her back then she was roughly shoved against an alley wall.

A man, shinobi judging from his garment, leered openly at the doctor. The sickly stench of alcohol told her that the man was drunk. But what worried her more was the smell of the pink haze that still clung to him. Looking at his state, the man must have been exposed to Amortentia while he had been knocked out drunk. And, unfortunately for her, Nanami had been the first sight he'd seen since waking up.

"Pretty lady," he slurred but couldn't say much more when the doctor bit his hand and kneed him in the groin. The next thing to come out of his mouth were intelligible screams of anger.
  • Sorry for the wait! Been a lot busy.

Trigger warning! Upsetting situations ahead.

Momochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Terror gripped Momochi, and just like that his mind dragged him back to the dark dank cave... the silence deafening, the lone drip-drop off somewhere in the black. He saw himself running, running, the rocks coming down all around him. The small flicker of daylight up ahead as he searched desperately for the face of a dear friend. The light became more faint every second until the rocks piled on top of him and consumed him. It was a nightmare he had once in a while. The same way every time. He could see her body crushed under the boulders, her eyes wet with tears as they trickled across her broken face. He lost her. But Nanami wasn't lost.

Not yet.

He rounded a corner, no more than a few blocks away Nanami stood. "Hey!" he was relieved, but his call died in his throat as he saw Nanami being assailed. His mind flashed back to cold dead eyes full of tears.

No...

His mind felt like it was ripping itself in half and all he could do was reach up with both hands and grip his skull. A powerful vibration emanated from him, rocking the earth under his feet as shook and quaked as though it wanted to swallow him. He bent down, nearly doubled over. The pain grew stronger and more violent inside his head. He looked up towards Nanami and the shinobi... Momchi stilled himself. Focused on the silence. He lifted himself upright.

"Shinra..." he said, lifting his hand toward Nanami and her attacker. His eyes focused and alert.

"...Tensei!"

With unnatural force, the unnamed shinobi and Nanami were yanked through the air. They flew for just a moment. The shinobi flew directly towards Momochi, whereas Nanami was coming from Momochi's right. Momochi took a small casual step, and dodged the incoming ninja. While at the same time extending both arms out, only to snatch Nanami from the air. Momochi smiled at his friend.

"Glad I caught you." he said as the love crazed ninja assailant was hurled into a building behind them causing a clamorous crashing noise.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]The doctor was ready to put him to sleep with a sedative. Plans of taking blood samples from the man ran through her head, for diagnostics and comparison to see how the pink haze had affected its victims. She had stalled long enough, however, at the thought of how many unfortunate individuals had come to this sorts of situation (and not the sweet nothings she had with Momochi) because of the vile drug.

However, before she could do anything, let alone take out one of her syringes, they were pulled by an unseen force.

Her heart was hammering in her chest, pounding in her ears. She did so dislike uncontrolled situations. That always spelled so many wrong things for herself and her patients. That beating of her heart, however, did not stop even when she found out who was responsible. If anything, her state grew worst as her ears and cheeks grew red.

"Wha-What was that for, Momochi-san?" she stammered heatedly. But then she realized how that situation had looked like (and it was how it looked like, terribly so). Her gaze moved from Momochi's face to over his shoulder as she went to spy upon her would be assailant. A sigh escaped her lips at that realization and the heat left her tone. "Well, you certainly made it easier for me to knock him out, at least. Really, you're such a problematic man. I had the situation under control, you know." She shouldn't be too surprised by now, really, considering how the man has been acting for the past day or so.

Shifting uneasily in the man's arms, she licked her lips and opened her mouth a few times before speaking up again. "Could you, ah, let me go? I'd like to check up on him."
  • I can't apologize enough with how slow I've been lately..

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back