Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

In-between [Mikasa]

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting between the branches of a tall tree outside of the inn Shizuka took a long sip from the flask in her hand. The sweet, yet heavy, liquid spread across her tongue as soothing as water would during a hot day. This sap she drank was the only thing keeping her sane. At least she didn’t need a lot of it, or she might have done a ton of stupid things by now to get some of it. The impending doom was months and months away, so the young Senju shoved the thoughts of it roughly to the back of her mind. With care she hid the precious liquid in one of her flak jacket’s inner pockets and continued to watch the entrance of the inn.

They’ve told her she would be here, but it’s been so long now that Shizuka doubted Mikasa would leave the place any time soon today, if she was there at all. It wasn’t out of the question that she had moved on to a new place. In general it would be a natural thing to do. Cloud was big enough and had its treasures hidden everywhere. If you were new to the place, surely you would want to see as much of it as you could. Then again, this was a kunoichi she was thinking about, not a tourist.

After a couple more minutes she had grown impatient enough to head inside. Getting a hold onto one of the people working there wasn’t hard. More importantly, the stranger’s hair made it easy for her to identify her and get the necessary information from one of the younger ladies working at the inn. Shizuka’s official uniform probably helped it. Not that she had been aggressive of threatening in any sort of way. The casual smile she wore might not be enough to fool someone who practices the same profession as she did, but it was enough for a commoner. And so, with the smile fading as she turned her back on the main entrance, Shizuka proceeded toward her goal.

Where last time she had so bluntly tried to slam her fist into the woman’s face, she knocked at the door today. From the window in the hall she saw the garden behind the inn. A pretty place where a large part of the sounds coming from the streets appeared to be muted. The lawns stretched on a bit further and something akin to a small pond glittered at the right side. It’s where she noticed white hair.

Really?

Without any hesitation she opened the window leading to the garden. Someone would surely close it later on. Besides, the weather was nice. The inn could always use some air. And so with that she was out, threading across the green piece of land toward the one she had been waiting to come out of ‘hiding’.

“Mikasa-san.” the girl started out, bright blue eyes wide with sudden hesitation.

Unlike before there were no strands of white among her hair - she had dyed it black to get rid of those weird gray strings. Her eyes, however, had grown crystal blue. From green to stormy gray and now they could have been the sky. She still wasn’t sure what had caused this change, but she had learned to deal with it.

“It’s Senju Shizuka,” the dark haired girl explained just to be sure. A short bow followed. “last time I hadn’t been myself, I apologize for that.”

Siu had apologized on her behalf, but it felt more appropriate to do it herself now that she was capable of thinking straight. During their last meeting she had been too angry, too confused, and later on too embarrassed and stubborn to apologize. It’s why she had decided to roll with “better late than never”.

“How has your stay been so far?” A genuine question. One she hoped wouldn’t bother Mikasa.

* * *​

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The particular Inn Mikasa took temporary refuge was far more accommodating than the kunoichi could have ever hoped for; the meals were of fair value and the petite rooms were cozy with minimal noise leaking in from neighbors. Furthermore, the key highlight was the tranquil garden area in the midst of it all, in the corner a petite pond was one of many attraction points. Daintily her sole ungloved digits caress against the tranquil waters and in turn creating various intervals of ripples. "Who would have thought to place a garden in the midst of an inn? Kumogakure is full of unexpected pleasantries!" she chimes aloud, continuing to muck about and create further ripples.

Unexpectedly a draft alerts her to the presence of another and the obvious window the trained kunoichi had ignored, rather failed to identify. Raven locks sway gently as Mikasa's tundra gaze settles on the azure of the slightly familar individual swiftly approaching the maiden. Instinctively a genuine smile spreads across her features at the apologetic lass, "Shizuka-san, I appreciate the gesture, but let us not cry over spilled milk." the traveler insists with a brief chuckle, although her gaze carefully inspects the new details of the younger kunoichi's sudden shifting of appearance.

Tenderly her sole gloved hand pats the turf closest to her side, indicating that the Senju was free to settle beside, "Far more interesting than I initially expected, although I dare say I have a bit more to see and accomplish prior to even considering making my leave." she admits in a brisk tone, "Not that I foresee myself leaving in the upcoming months, unless I am kicked out!" Mikasa chirps, her lips part as a far louder fit of laughter escapes than intended. Casting her gaze to the side towards the water does the reflection indicate a faint tinge of rose on her cheeks.

Doing her utmost to divert attention from the detail, the Sennin speaks of another subject, "What of yourself? You had a sudden change in heart to change your outer self? Also, how did you know where I was staying?" pausing a sly grin etches onto her features once more, "I suppose a foreign nin staying in an Inn can't be too difficult?"

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Whenever one dismissed a mistake against them as easily as Mikasa did right now it always caused Shizuka to feel somewhat astonished. Perhaps it was because of her own pride and difficulties when it came down to forgiveness. Perhaps she was simply of suspicious nature. In any case, Mikasa's reaction left a trace of light confusion and surprise on the young chuunin’s face. Then, after a brief second, she smiled. This one had come in peace.

Carefully sinking on the patch of grass beside Mikasa she curiously eyed the older kunoichi. To explore the world of other shinobi had always been at the back of Shizuka’s mind. Sand was a place she wanted to go to - would go to eventually regardless of the consequences. Leaf, well, that’s been a brief and rough trip. That very adventure was the reason of Shizuka’s awkward attraction to the one sitting on her right side. Every bit of information could potentially help her figure out what she was supposed to do next. It held the Senju firmly in its grasp.

She rolled her head, then placed her elbows back and leaned on them while watching Mikasa from the corner of her eye. Pitch black strands of hair carried by the wind drew traces on her neck and made it to her cheeks by curling up as they danced. The atmosphere was relaxing. A stark contrast against the endlessly raging storm of worry, doubt, and restlessness she’s been coping with for weeks now. The serenity of their surroundings gave her a moment to enjoy the day as it was. She ended up staring at the water not too far away from her feet when Mikasa’s remark jerked her back to reality.

“The hair? Oh, well, it’s.. odd. Not too long ago I had this dark brown locks with bits of ruby red here and there. This chocolate type of color, right?” she gave the white-haired kunoichi a confused smile. “Then.. it sort of started to grow gray, I guess.”

There was a hesitation in her tone, but she couldn’t pinpoint the cause of it herself. Maybe it was worry or wonder, perhaps a bit of both. The memory of her own image in the mirror left her carefully reaching out to Mikasa’s hair. “Some of them turned as white as that.” A single finger touched a couple of snowy-white ends.

“Not a nice look, so I’ve dyed it.”

The explanation ended with a light shrug. There wasn’t much she could do about it, really. “Guess I’m getting old.” Either that or she had gotten some sort of disease she had no knowledge of.

“Oh that, yeah,” a chuckle escaped Shizuka’s lips. Suddenly she found herself grinning a little. Probably a reply to Mikasa’s own sly look. “our jobs require attention for details, right?” Of course sitting and waiting outside of the inn wouldn’t have been the best way to get a mission done - she decided to keep that a secret. Far better to come across as mysterious rather than slightly desperate.

“You’ve made no attempts to hide your presence. Should that have been the case, I’m pretty sure that finding you would have been a lot harder.” A pause. Shizuka had to think for a moment, then added. “Of course, then, people more skilled than me might have been looking for you.”

One never hid without reasons.

“You’ve mentioned accomplishing things. Mind me asking what you would like to get done here? Not that I’m saying you should leave.. I’m just curious.”

* * *​

MFT 589

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Absentmindedly the older woman continues on with her antics, ripples radiate outwards in obscure intervals. "I've never heard of ones locks shifting hues, at least not in such rapid fashion - outside of hair dye." she replies, hardly noticing Shizuka's outstretching index tenderly caressing against her stray platinum tendrils. Truth to be told, the kunoichi couldn't recall the last individual who even toyed with her mane, although a particular Hyuuga would soon surface in the rear of Mikasa's thoughts.

Shrugging her shoulders, mostly as a means to dismiss the male appearing in her mind, does the medical nin continue with her explanation, "I wish to visit the hospital of Kumogakure to gain a better understanding of the infrastructure, so that I may be able to better address pressing issues with my villages." the maiden murmurs. "I've had a conference with the former Medical Sennin prior to this visitation, however I am firm believer that in person observation trumps visualization from across the world.. attention to detail!" she muses.

The comment of the raven locks lass places her a bit at ease, "True, I haven't exactly made it a great deal to disguise myself among the masses. I haven't particularly seen many with hair the same shade as my own, although I suppose I could manage to locate a wig if I absolutely must." Mikasa continues in a tender soothing tone, mostly due to her medical background and natural instincts to place patients at ease within the various wings of the Konohagakure Byoin. "On the off hand, I would thoroughly enjoy to locate hidden gems, such as this lovely garden within the village Inn's center. Nothing beats relaxing in a serene environment, usually one is able to place aside their worries and sooth the soul." The words spoken were more or less aimed towards herself, rather than Shizuka.

"Tell me, Shizuka-san, what has you so enthralled with a foreign nin that only happened to run across you in the rain?"

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Playing with the longer blades of grass during Mikasa’s explanation she stopped briefly when the older kunoichi revealed her area of expertise and her future plans. To change how things worked at home by looking what the Cloud did sounded like a hard task. Aside from the fact that so many medical jutsu were kept safely behind the hospital’s walls and inside the med-nins’ teaching rooms- oh, Shizuka mentally slapped herself for going paranoid before processing the full meaning of Mikasa’s words. Infrastructure was the keyword here. There was no need at all to panic and get suspicious about foreign shinobi rooting for knowledge they might use against the Cloud later on.

Uhh, this wasn’t her work. The higher-ups should have this cover, she told herself while returning to tearing out a patch of grass. By now it looked like a tiny square next to her foot. She hoped to turn it into a neat circle as the conversation flowed.

“There are places I could show you, perhaps not all of them are as quiet and peaceful as this one, but they’re pretty neat.” She shared with the large wooden bridge in mind. During her time at the Academy she used to go there to nestle between the bars and balks and watch some of the lower clouds drift across the river below. It was a magnificent place, but it had its dangers as she and Shiori had discovered when a part of the wooden platform collapsed.

With that memory floating through her mind she added carefully. “Of course, it depends on what you like.”

Thinking about it she realized there were places to grab a bite at she could share, but drinking wasn’t something she was too familiar with. Well, not publically. Things had been sort of hard not too long ago, still were. She tried to stay away from the alcohol, though. The only addiction was the liquid in her pocket. Her cure.

Speaking of things troubling her, Mikasa didn’t dance around the issue. It caused the Senju to panic a bit. For a brief moment she wasn’t sure if she should jump the kunoichi and yell for her to keep quiet or run away. The panic was written all over her face. Wide-eyed she watched the various scenarios play out. All of them were eventually drowned by her will. Last time the situation had been resolved without any authorities being notified - at least as far as she knew - this time she wouldn’t be as lucky should things go south right now. She doubted Mikasa would deal as easily with a second offense. And Shizuka couldn’t cause her to disappear in order to hide the potential threat.

“I-” she started out to realize she had no idea how to handle this. They didn’t know each other long enough for there to be a bond of trust. In fact, they barely knew each other at all. Aside from that, Mikasa wasn’t even from Cloud. She was, however, a medical.

Shizuka’s hands shook. She pressed the pile of grass together while using her training to subdue the panic crawling up her throat. The pressure on her shoulders was back once again. The heavy beat of her heart threatened to deafen the young kunoichi while she expected her heart to burst from her chest. It felt suffocating.

“You just-” her head was spinning. A part of her thought -and perhaps wanted to- pass out. It cost her quite some effort to come up with a lie that was pretty much the truth. “you look like someone I care about a lot.”

Someone I’m very mad at. Someone who’s ruined my life. Had she?
The choice had been Shizuka’s to make, and she had done just that. Natsuru didn’t force her.

Unsure, scared. Shizuka threw the grass blades into the air above them. The wind caught the bits of green with ease and soon they were floating in the water in front of the two females.

“The reason I tried to hit you is because I thought you were them- well.. you seemed like her, I don’t-” she shook her head, placing the palm of her hand against her forehead before pressing a bit. “I was angry with her.”

‘I still am.’

When finally her breathing was back to its old self, she sighed. “It’s complicated.”

* * *​

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unfortunately, Shizuka was translucent and broadcasted her seething rage for the world to gaze down on. "I am not an expert, but for one to hold such anger towards another human being points towards two options." Mikasa begins in a thoughtful tone, silently extending her index and middle finger upwards, "The initial being that this individual is an unknown, causing you harm. The later one whom you hold in high regard, even if in the depth of your soul, who has emotionally torn you into shreds." taking a pause a heavy sigh escapes the pursed lips of the cheerful kunoichi, "I believe I am the later towards a particular shinobi in my homeland. Making amends is not an item I am the best at, but eventually I will have to cross that particular bridge..but your situation does sound complex."

Not wishing to sulk nor entertain the idea further, the platinum mane woman cups her hands together to allow droplets of water to escape between the crevices her fingers couldn't sufficiently lock, "I would be thrilled to have an eager guide. I am sure there are many secrets only a native can properly showcase!" the grin momentarily returning to her features, now attending to drying her hands on her pants.

Regrettably, in Mikasa's absentmindedness, does her sole glove become drenched and even with this knowledge does she refuse to remove the guise, "Tell me about yourself, Shizuka-san. What purpose do you serve in the village, rather what do you aim to contribute to the land of lightning?" Not wishing to pry her mind abruptly, the Sennin explains her own, "When I was a young lass, much younger than yourself, did I witness the wars between the samurai regime and locals. I've seen countless bloodshed and was unable to do anything to yield the inevitable, even if by a single moment. That became my motivation to become a medic, to halt even the death of another for a fraction of a moment. To have children slain before my very eyes is not an item I would tolerate and . . ."

Peering towards the ground, Mikasa feels herself becoming enamored in details not concerning a Kumogakure citizen. "Apologies, let me reiterate that. I travel to better myself to better the homeland I dwell in. The unstated moral being that we each have our own demons, but we shouldn't let that define us. One individual does not redefine who you are." End rant.​

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Naturally curious about Mikasa’s hard feelings toward another shinobi, she turned to see if more of it would be displayed. Shizuka found it interesting how Mikasa appeared to cheerful even while the sigh that had just managed to escape her lips had been a heavy one. Somewhere beneath that calm and surprisingly gentle facade hid a woman who might be furious, too? The idea had Shizuka peering toward the white-haired kunoichi as if doing so for long enough would allow her to dive into her soul. It didn’t. Instead, some pleasantries later, they were back at Shizuka’s steps.

The words hung between them. Where Mikasa so freely shared her own views and thoughts on her life, Shizuka found it hard to puzzle together her own story. Of course she’s had her own dreams and still had certain things she longed for, but there was a heavy burden dragging her down now. Swimming through life as hard as she could the stone tied to her leg wasn’t allowing her to forget the danger of drowning. The water was at her lips now.

“You can tell me more,” she whispered, equally curious as afraid that it might be her turn to speak. “I don’t mind.”

In a way the ideas of their younger selves crossed paths. To better the world, to become a power others might rely on, to save the weaker ones - where these ideas touched each other naive thoughts were born. One could only save so many or heal so much. It was probably still worth trying, probably.

“I-”

The patriot in her screamed that she had and would shed sweat, blood and tears for Lightning. To protect, to honor, to carry forth her nation and village. Sure, so many things were expected of her and some even made sense. Yet, she was no longer connected to the soil she stood on the way she had been. It left her with a dilemma and a huge problem to face. Aside from the fact that the itching desire to indulge in the sap came up again, Shizuka couldn’t love her village the way she used to.

“I don’t know.” The words fell and her hand snuck its way into her inner pocket to find the flask. Soon enough she found it hitting her lips. The liquid soothing as it went in. She closed it, hid it. Eyes slightly hooded with brewing thoughts.

“Mikasa-san, what’s the strangest thing you’ve ever cured, or.. the hardest surgery you’ve had? What’s your limit?”

* * *​

°419

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back