Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private In Deep, With the Liquor [Raizo]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A smile would cover his face as he listened to Harupia speak of his cousin. He would then glance back down at the young shinobi who seemed to not be enjoying the family bonding as much as he was, but that was very Kazu.

Always an odd one, brooding little turd...

He would then turn back to Kazu after leaving his own thoughts for a moment. It seemed his cousin was open to visiting him more now that both were in the village. Honestly, it was a good thing Kazu was here, as that was his ultimate plan; bring all of the Ryuzaki back to Suna. So Kazu was a bridge, along with him, that could serve to help bring in others. It wasn't ever going to be that easy, unfortunately.

"Please stop by for food whenever you'd like... and I will serve up a whooping whenever you need as well" following his words once more with a big smile.

His mind would then pick back up on another string of names that Kazu would rattle off. It was nice that he seemed to be melding in with the people of the village nicely, but there would be one name that would stick out like a sore thumb.

"Auntie Kasen... there is another clansmen here? I've never heard that name... Auntie... so, wait, would that be one of my fathers... but from which wife, huh... odd. I feel like it was already hard enough to get me here and I am from his main wife's line... but another, well whatever..."

Kasen... Kasen.... auntie... aunt... my sister... half-sister... huh, I'll circle back to that when it makes more sense.

"...anyways, I am very excited to hear that you are making connections here, Kazu. I hope you continue to foster relationships within this village."

He would then turn to Harupia once more and bow his head momentarily.

"Thank you for taking the time to look after my cousin, Harupia-san. Your hospitality is something I would gladly repay anytime you need, friend."

He would then turn back to Sousuke, as the Steward would mention a little bit on Mikaboshi, but the words he would say would not match where his mind was going. Sousuke would refer to him as a 'man', so it would seem that this would be another one of the people of the village who seemed to fantasize about the Ancients of old.

Another Ancient fetish person, but that name... where have I heard it before? Hmmmm...

There would be then a call for a painting. The expression on his face would quickly change as his eyes would begin to scan around the area.

"I will be right back, I must excuse myself to get a drink before we get too deep into... the... whole... painting thing."

He would give a brief smile, a wave, and proceed to pull himself away from the group and begin to head towards the bar. On the way there, and while trying to avoid Lord Nobu, his eyes would intentionally scan around the room and locate the figures of the "Deep Court", including the man named Mikaboshi. His eyes, his watchful gaze, would land upon each of the individuals of the "Court" before finally reaching his destination of the bar.

"Give me something stout, please" as a nervous smile would crack upon his face.

How the hell do I get out of here before this annoying ass portrait thing...

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Give me something stout, please" A familiar voice perked up to his right. Kaen knew this voice to be that of the heir to the Ryuzaki clan, the Kazekage himself, Lord Raizo. After helping Teke to her feet he would pull himself closer and whisper in her ear. "I'll find you again soon, go on ahead without me. I won't be long." His gaze was fixated on Raizo, they had much to discuss. There wouldn't be many opportunities to interact given their respective positions, not unless Nobu was going to be throwing parties more often anyway. With Teke on her way towards the painting gathering, Kaen suspected they would have a few minutes while the rest of the party shifted around to make their way towards getting a lengthy painting taken.

Taking a seat just one space away from Raizo, Kaen would repeat the order just before the bartender left to tend to the Kage's drink order. "I'll have what he's having." Placing his elbows onto the counter he would fold his hands together and rest his chin atop them. Whether or not the Kage liked him given their brief interaction a short time ago was more trivial at this point than an actual issue. Or at least that's how Kaen felt about it now. Much had transpired since the day Kasen cold-clocked him. Just the fact that Kaen had fought along side him, in a way, was enough to move past a petty squabble. What's more, Kaen had the pleasure of leading his younger cousin, Kazu. If Raizo was anything like that young boy there was a fair chance that the pair could get along. "Your cousin is impressive for someone so young. You must be proud, I am. He's a gifted young Genin. I wonder if all Ryuzaki live up to that standard." While he was not directly next to the Kage during the Long Night on the wall, he had witnessed from afar the Kage's powerful fire jutsu, along with regaling accounts via word of mouth. In truth Kaen wondered who the better of the two was, Lord Kaen of the Flame Court, or Lord Raizo, Kazekage and Head of the Ryuzaki. Though this would be a test, and compelling story for another time, another day. For now they had drinks to nurse and a painting to endure.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
His attention would momentarily linger on the member of the group who had joined the party under the banner of "Deep Court". The more musclebound of the quartet would continue to remain locked in on him, so to return the favor, he would smack a big grin on his face and wave at the individual. Taking it one step further, he would motion for the man to "come over". He wondered if that offer would be taken up and if it was how it would have been interpreted. Either way, he was genuinely looking forward to the outcome.

The man sitting next to him at the bar next to him also ordering a drink. Taking his own drink, he would hear the man compliment his cousin, Kazukura. This would cause him to turn his attention to the bar guest. His eyes would begin to quickly scan the man before turning to a smile. "Kazukaru is definitely a unique member of the Ryuzaki, so I'm not even sure if he knows what he is capable of... I'm sorry..."

He would pause for a moment. While talking, his mind was also processing the figure before him. There was something vaguely familiar about him, but he wasn't entirely sure where he had seen the man before. It was a challenge, meeting members of the village every day for a full year trying to get familiarized with them, it oftentimes found him remembering faces over names. Maybe now was merely that?

"...and don't take offense, but I am at a loss on your na--"

His mind would then pull out a memory of a person who matched the markings of this man.

"Wait! You are--"

He would pause one moment as he would quickly kickback his glass and turn his attention to the bartender. He would motion for another with a smirk on his face and a humble bow. Immediately completing that, he would turn right back to the red-haired man. During this pause, maybe the stranger had taken it upon himself to draw a conclusion on what memory he was about to drudge up. I mean, their first meeting was awkward, to say the least.

"You-- oh, thank you" he would be interrupted in his thought as a new drink had appeared before him. He would start to take a drink, sampling the second glass, before a look on his face would emerge, a look of sudden realization. He would refrain from almost spilling his drink, placing it back on the table, and once more turning to the red-haired man.

"You, I remember you... you was the one at the battle at the wall who was putting off some impressive heat. My affinity happens to heavily favor the nature of fire, and I remember feeling your flames throughout the battle. Then in the closing moments, I remember watching you fire off some impressive jutsu."

He would then raise his glass to the man, "Cheers on a successful battle!"

Now if I could just remember this guy's name...

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Raising his glass in response to Raizo. "Cheers indeed!" A toothy grin smiled back at Raizo just before he downed the rest of his drink. "Another round, for the both of us, please." Raising a finger he would call for the barman before turning his attention back towards the Kazekage. "If I remember correctly you too had some firepower up your sleeve. I was not aware of your affinity for fire. And young Kazu... Uh, Kazukaru I mean, he too has a talent for fire. Are all Ryuzaki in tuned with this ninjutsu style?" He was prodding now, but not for any nefarious reasons. He was simply curious, primarily because of their flames. Perhaps it was in own nature that piqued his interest towards this affinity, or maybe just because he was invested in Kazu, and by extension the Ryuzaki. If he was to be a Lord among these people he would need to learn the ins and outs of the people of Wind Country. Not to the standard of the Oracles of course.

After a moment Kaen's eyes would grow dull and his expression more neutral. Taking a final sip he would place his hands folded together around the glass back onto the bar. With an exaggerated sigh he would reveal his lamentations. "I understand the reason behind all this, but should we really be throwing a party? We might have won that day, but the war is far from over. I'd rather be training than socializing with people who don't even know my name, or care for that matter." Realizing he may have just offended the Kazekage he would quickly change his tone with a toothy grin. "Not you, I mean. The rest of those schmucks out there." He would gesture with his head towards the crowd amassed behind them and scattered throughout the estate. "My name is Kaen, by the way. I guess it's Lord Kaen now, first of my name or something rather. Shinku Kaen, and my sister is the azule-haired woman over yonder, Kasen. We've all met once before, but perhaps you've forgotten about that." He was of course referring to that time he hastily, and stupidly, chased after the Kazekage. And then Kasen sucker punched him afterwards, it was all sorts of fun.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would nod to the notion of another drink as he would listen to the man. It seemed that he, even though he had kept himself pulled away from the large group affair, was still noticed on that Long Night.

"Heh, that wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped... but this village sure is impressive when tested." The first portion would be at a lower tone, almost as if being placed under his breath, while the latter half of the statement would be much more audible and perky.

He would then question if the trait of fire was unique to the Ryuzaki Clan.

"Elemental affinities in the Ryuzaki clan are a bit fickle. Because of the history... well, maybe it's more like folklore, either way... Fire happens and is highlighted, much like anyone with a strong affinity to Wind. Natural affinities can wildly vary, but what becomes more important than just the development of an element is the strength of it. Two Fire users within the Ryuzaki might be worlds apart based on the strength of their flame."

He would hammer down his drink in one swift gulp before motioning to the barkeep with a large smile on his face.

"Sorry, got a little deep there. It's why when I talk, or if you meet most of the older Ryuzaki, they will talk about strengths of things. Sort of a principle in the clan... but yea, fire happens to be a trait I am rather strong in and one my father also holds."

He would pause once more. It had been a while since he had talked to his father, since the argument that led him to leave the clan's home and heading to Sunagakure. There was always something in the back of his mind, wondering how his father felt about his decision and the current result.

"Never disregard these moments of feeling at peace, feeling human." he would smirk a bit before holding his new glass up and nodding to the man talking to him. He wasn't wrong, there was still a mountain to conquer before them. The odds were not great. The victory would be fleeting. "From what I have learned during my time here, its that people need encouragement just as much as they need the rod. Take it from me, I come from a clan that has been preparing for the next great war since it was forged... if this village was like that, then the entire population would share your sentiment. And yet, this reveling in joy when joy appears... somehow, it feels so much stronger than the path of the Ryuzaki. Hope, happiness, love, things to fight for... to me, they seem like such a powerful weapon that defies conventional wisdom, conventional training..." and following that he would seemingly inhale his drink once more.

"KAEN!" He would begin to laugh and slap his leg as he would motion to the barkeep for another round for the both of them, whether Kaen was still caught up or not.

This guy... and her... oh yes, now I remember...

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Just as one might expect, fire was the culmination of power for another group of people within Wind Country. Though unkempt and dangerous, fire still remained at the top of the elemental food chain, at least in the eyes of this endothermic pair. Kaen would scoff a bit at the mention of feeling human. What the hell even was feeling human, had he ever known it? For that matter, has anyone felt it? Devoting your time and life to the career of a shinobi hardly felt human, wielding incredible chakra related powers didn't feel human. But what did he know, he was just a clueless Hybrid in a sea of equally clueless Sunans waiting to discover their fate that ultimately would mean nothing in regards the general stream of sand that trickled through time.

Raizo may have been on to something, regarding hope, happiness, and love. These were all incredibly powerful elements that could fuel even the lowliest of ninja with unimaginable power in the heat of the moment. When you have something to fight for, that is one truly shines like a beacon of inspiration. But he would be jolted from this reminiscent feelings as the Kazekage suddenly belted out his name. A bit of his drink managed to spill out and dribble down his chin as he temporarily lost control of his glass due to Raizo's outburst. "What is it?!" For the briefest of moments he would turn around half expecting a scene of Unbent decimating the crowd, but the Kage's laughter reeling back in his excited reaction. He was entirely confused and was unsure what the hell just happened. "Is everything ok? I don't think I said anything funny, did I?"

By this time the constant deposit of alcohol through his mouth hole was keeping Kaen's liver running double time. But even with his fiery, ancient nature his body was beginning to fall behind on keeping him sober. Grabbing a few napkins he would haphazardly blot his attire, trying to dry up what he could from his partially spilled drink. Kaen would call over the barkeep and order another round for the pair. At this point he didn't care how much he was drinking and just wanted to relax for once. This inebriated state of thinking had managed to find Kaen a bit of trouble in the past, but that was a long time ago. This was an estate filled with esteemed people and not some lowly nightclub where jerks randomly headbutt you.

[OOC short post is short. Figured it would be easier for each of us to respond if there was only a little bit to respond to. I don't mind the small back and forth conversation posts if you don't]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back