Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

In Deep, With the Nobles.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, the first introductions went quite well! Perhaps introducing yourself to the village de facto commander wasn't as bad as he imagined... He still wasn't sure what gotten into him in regards to not meeting Katsuo. Even if the man seemed to...have a somewhat soft approach to what he thought the members of the Cabal deserved, he should have at least inquired about his reasons. And he did want to ask about how the fight which led to the end of the maelstrom went...but that was the price he paid for his tardiness.

Raizo grip was strong, as he expected. He was slightly surprised by the general pleasantries, but perhaps the rumors of his fiery temper were just that. When his next question came he said "Indeed. I take pride in my aptitude with Ninjutsu in general, but sand is something I've worked on since I was a child. I'll is glad to show you, hopefully in less harrowing circumstances than the night we had recently" a slight shudder going over his skin. He did see what the red-haired man could do during the fight, his flames consuming many foes...Hmm, red-haired... aptitude with fire. He couldn't help but glance at a freshly minted Lord at the side of the room...Raizo's was actually more of pink color but still...

Before his imagination could run too wild with that line of thinking, he started to imagine a robot daughter who was also an angel...wait, that was too outlandish even for him. He blinked back as he realized that wasn't his mind, but the announcer. Though things did clear up a bit as he saw who exactly did something like that. Teke, Sosuke's ward, which made the first part of the annoumcnt...technicly correct. He assumed the second might have been tied to the angelic figure he saw during the battle...she had grown quite a bit, but in a good way. He knew Sosuke would make take good care of her, in spite of his doubts.

As he turned to the conversation at hand, he did notice the pause in his speech. His first ward, Okibi. A less happy tale. Not one you could easily comfort someone over, though, at the very least, the topic was changed to one of the more peculiar guests. He couldn't help but feel there was more to this Mikobashi and his entourage, even if it was merely a morbid fascination with a less then stellar part of Sunan History.

Before they could go deeper into that, someone attempted to spook the Kazekage. A bold move to be sure, though as their attention turned he couldn't help but smile... then feel a slight sweat of worry (and well, heat) come as Raizo seemed to shimmer...before picking him up and starting talking to him all...baby like. He couldn't help but have a hearty laugh at the site. "How quickly the tables turn, huh young Kazu" right before him and Raizo caught up a bit more. He took the time to look around a bit, seeing Sosuke nod to someone. He turned to see Riyota, a friend the felt he spent to little time with recently. Then again, it didn't seem he was wanting for company. He gave the young General a wave with a wide smile, making a note to try and catch up later.

As the two Ryuzkai talked, seeing them in one place he wouldn't have quite guessed they were related, at least purely by their looks. But they were cousins, so maybe they were far apart from family tree wise but close in camaraderie. After the introduction and Kazu speaking to him he said "I've had the pleasure to meet your cousin before, Kazekage. I saw him studying at the library and after some conversation, I shared some of my knowledge about the subjects he was interested in" before addressing the younger Shinobi directly "Good to see you to Kazu, and I'm glad you've been studying on your own. Just remember, finding what you seek may just be the easiest step in your journey. Then again, you did prove yourself quite a bit in the past few days haven't you?"

As their conversation unfolded a bit, lord Nobu addressed the gathered guests and asked them to assemble in the great hall for the portrait. He wasn't sure about most but he was quite looking forward to this part. He had tried to worm his way into the hall before others, admiring the grandiose room, and all the preparation for the portrait. If possible he would approach the lord himself to say "Quite the marvelous room lord Nobu. I imagine this is the same room used in past portraits? Have you had any ideas as to a theme of sorts? Are the artists already here or will they be joining us shortly?" he may have allowed his artistic hobby to make him a bit too excited about this part.

Mft

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
While initially many of the party-goers had congregated in larger social circles of acquaintances, friends, family, or old colleagues, it seemed that many were starting to form even smaller groups to which to hold meaningful conversation with. Kasen couldn't say she was surprised. Though it was often people would exchange greetings and pleasantries, things in large social settings usually did seem to shrink into groups of 2 or 3. Still, while that may have been predictable, what was surprising was whom those more intimate groups usually contained. It tended to not always be those that you might expect to split off from their once larger groups.

Trailing off from her thoughts as Kaen and Teke dispersed elsewhere and Kazu went to join his cousin in a much uproarious greeting, Kasen turned to Riyota once more and placed her hand in his, moving towards an open place where many others were also dancing with formality. Kasen still didn't understand how people just went to these sorts of things and just knew the dances. Do they all just spend their time studying dances that are meant to coordinate with certain music? What if there was a surprise musical selection? What if the musicians decided to play something impromptu in a song that many expected to always be played the same? None of it made sense. Her musings were once again interrupted when Riyota caught her attention. She blushed slightly at his comment about her response to his attire. It was true she liked a bit of tongue in cheek humor herself, but she always still got flustered when he equally matched her. "Well...perhaps it wasn't so much the...attire as it was...how nicely it fits the form." Kasen looked away slightly, feeling less confident than when she had said something the first time. It was easy to be direct with humor, it was always slightly harder when expressing genuine deep feelings.

Lukcily, Kasen didn't feel too bashful for long. She looked back at her husband to be and a small smile turned up at his jest. "Oh hah hah, your foot and your eye survived. That's a win in my book. Perhaps you should lead though. I've set the bar incredibly high after all." Kasen's breath hitched in her throat slightly as he pressed her body close to hers. It was an...odd sensation feeling someones bones configure themselves to fit different circumstances, but she supposed it was no different from her form changing from a solid to a liquid and back again. The people of Suna were all made up of such strange compositions.

As Riyota would begin moving, in a pattern that Kasen tried to remember was a waltz, she focused on recalling their lessons. It was bad enough to be part of a public setting that she already felt incredibly exposed in, it was another to actually look like she was a fish out of water, no pun intended. She knew if she looked at her feet instead of her dance partner, she was surely going to step on his feet like the last time. "One, two, three...One, two, three..." Kasen tried to mumble it as quietly as possible, but she was sure that given the proximity he would hear her. Flow like water. But water wasn't constrained to such...awkward limbs. Still, she understood he was simply trying to get her to loosen up and just do what comes naturally.

After she allowed her body to relax, continuing to follow his guidance throughout the musical arrangement, Kasen started to genuinely smile. Despite the unfamiliar environment and company alike, this was starting to become enjoyable. In fact, she felt comfortable in taking her mind off the dancing and conversing. There were so many others present, that Kasen allowed her gaze to drift around the room as the turned. "Interesting guest list, wouldn't you say? I wonder how many were invited, and how many were rogue party crashers." Kasen grinned impishly. "However, that man over there, the one with the dark hair and his small accompanying party, they feel....different. I don't think I've seen them before. And Kazu and Raizo look like they're having a good family reunion. I really should apologize for punching him in the face." Kasen trailed off, giving Riyota a chance to voice his own thoughts if he added anything to add or comment on. "Also, Kaen and Teke, huh? I wonder how professional that really is. I hope the Lord Steward didn't put him up to that in exchange for these titles. He doesn't seem the type, but I haven't properly met him." She wasn't one to jump to any conclusions, but, then again she was the one who had kept her relationship a secret. It wasn't so much that she intentionally was keeping it from him, nor that she wanted to handle things that way, but she just hadn't had much of a chance to talk with how quickly everything felt like it was changing around her. They were good changes...different and unexpected changes, but she couldn't say she thought they weren't worthwhile. She just needed to sit down and hash things out with them. She hated keeping things so personal from him like that.

They continued to dance for a little while longer, before Kasen pulled them off to the side of the room. It was less crowded, and the noise was much quieter. Kasen, still holding onto Riyota's hand was admiring the Dragon's eye ring she had given him. A clapping was heard from across the room and then swiftly filled with Nobu's cheery booming voice. Apparently there was going to be a portrait taken of all the esteemed guests for the evening. Kasen watched as some members of the party, Kaen and Teke included, headed towards the room that Nobu was directing them towards. The blue haired woman hesitated a moment. Normally she would go along with things, give new experiences a try, such was the way of someone that had lived an incredibly sheltered life for most of her years alive. Yet, for some reason, this gave her pause. Kasen looked towards Riyota. "I suppose we should get that done, for pleasantries sake. But maybe afterwards we can go somewhere a little more...private." Kasen wiggled her eyebrows towards Riyota before hiding a chuckle behind one of her hands.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It is unclear what Kazu thought would become of his little mischievous mocking — perhaps a humorous startling of his older cousin, or even a reproachful scolding about manners or some such — but this result was certainly not it. ’Not this! Anything but this!’ Kazu could handle death battles and high stakes missions, life-or-death survival and bloodied-knuckles training; but this embarrassingly affectionate molly coddling, that was (really) quite normal from an older cousin, was simply unbearable! ”NOOOOO! Cousin Raizooooo, don’t embarrass meeeee!!!” Kazu kicked his legs slightly as the older man picked him up; he would cross his arms, and pout, as soon as his feet touched back down on the ground. An indignant puffing of his cheeks was his answer to Raizo’s allegations that he was looking scrawny and under-fed. ”I’ll have you know that I’m training harder than I ever have before! I mean, well, it’s kind of hard to see in this outfit, but…” A knowing glint appeared in the young boy’s eyes at the mention of food. ”…that being said, I wouldn’t mind dropping by for a meal or two, now and again. But only if you promise to spar with me every so often! I want to test out how much stronger I’ve gotten!”

The metal-suited man saw right through Kazu’s reasoning for preferring his nickname over his full name. Averting his eyes slightly, as if caught in the act of stealing a cookie when he knew he ought not to be, Kazu responded, ”Uhm, well, I guess you could say that. Only father really calls me that… which is never a good sign…” As the man performed a slight trick with his (unknown to Kazu) prosthetic metal hand, Kazu looks on in star-struck bewilderment. ”Whoa…so cool…” The metallic-man continued to explain that he had quite the assortment of suits, of varying levels of weight, which made the boy wonder just how much mind was required to overcome so much matter. ’I wonder whether I could handle something like that?’ Thinking back to the time he had fought from within Kaen’s armor summon, Kazu reckoned it might be more difficult than he could anticipate. ”I would very much like to see that sometime, mister…uh…what did you say your name was, again? Forgive me, but you sound an awful lot like ‘The Watcher,’ Takahashi Sousuke, from…” Kazu trailed off, not wanting to bring up the subject of The Long Night at an event like this. ”…well, anyways, you sound a lot like him. I have been wishing to find him so that I can thank him for back then.”

When Haru began to speak to him, Kazu smiled up at the knowledgeable man who he had the good fortune of meeting previously. ”Good to see you again, too! Don’t you worry about me — I’m determined to be able to show off the fruits of my studies next time we meet! Even if I have to comb through every inch of desert between here and Soon’s Haven to do it!” When the man indicated that Kazu had done anything to make a name for himself, the boy blushed slightly and averted his eyes. ”I was just doing what I could… really, I don’t think I did that much… you, and Teke, and Auntie Kasen, and Kaen-sensei, and everyone else did all the heavy lifting against those things…” A nervous hand found its way to the back of Kazu’s head, but a smile had found its way to Kazu’s mouth. He was trying to be humble, but he wouldn’t deny the praise felt nice.

Then came the call from Lord Nobu to gather in the Eastern Great Hall for something of a tradition: the grand portrait. Kazu had not heard of this, and was unsure what to do; following the people around him, the young boy did his best to keep a smile on his face and followed along with whatever instructions were given. More than likely he would be made to be in front, seeing as how he was one of the youngest and shortest of the guests here, but he would try not to linger too far from his Cousin Raizo. He suspected that, for the purposes of a portrait, the Lord Nobu would want the various guests to arrange themselves according to Clan; however, he would wait to see what would be expected of them.

[06/24/20 Edit: I'm going to sneaky fade out of this topic, as it seems to not be doing anything. Don't exactly want to void the topic, but going to just quietly do a 'Topic Left.']

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
A smile would cover his face as he listened to Harupia speak of his cousin. He would then glance back down at the young shinobi who seemed to not be enjoying the family bonding as much as he was, but that was very Kazu.

Always an odd one, brooding little turd...

He would then turn back to Kazu after leaving his own thoughts for a moment. It seemed his cousin was open to visiting him more now that both were in the village. Honestly, it was a good thing Kazu was here, as that was his ultimate plan; bring all of the Ryuzaki back to Suna. So Kazu was a bridge, along with him, that could serve to help bring in others. It wasn't ever going to be that easy, unfortunately.

"Please stop by for food whenever you'd like... and I will serve up a whooping whenever you need as well" following his words once more with a big smile.

His mind would then pick back up on another string of names that Kazu would rattle off. It was nice that he seemed to be melding in with the people of the village nicely, but there would be one name that would stick out like a sore thumb.

"Auntie Kasen... there is another clansmen here? I've never heard that name... Auntie... so, wait, would that be one of my fathers... but from which wife, huh... odd. I feel like it was already hard enough to get me here and I am from his main wife's line... but another, well whatever..."

Kasen... Kasen.... auntie... aunt... my sister... half-sister... huh, I'll circle back to that when it makes more sense.

"...anyways, I am very excited to hear that you are making connections here, Kazu. I hope you continue to foster relationships within this village."

He would then turn to Harupia once more and bow his head momentarily.

"Thank you for taking the time to look after my cousin, Harupia-san. Your hospitality is something I would gladly repay anytime you need, friend."

He would then turn back to Sousuke, as the Steward would mention a little bit on Mikaboshi, but the words he would say would not match where his mind was going. Sousuke would refer to him as a 'man', so it would seem that this would be another one of the people of the village who seemed to fantasize about the Ancients of old.

Another Ancient fetish person, but that name... where have I heard it before? Hmmmm...

There would be then a call for a painting. The expression on his face would quickly change as his eyes would begin to scan around the area.

"I will be right back, I must excuse myself to get a drink before we get too deep into... the... whole... painting thing."

He would give a brief smile, a wave, and proceed to pull himself away from the group and begin to head towards the bar. On the way there, and while trying to avoid Lord Nobu, his eyes would intentionally scan around the room and locate the figures of the "Deep Court", including the man named Mikaboshi. His eyes, his watchful gaze, would land upon each of the individuals of the "Court" before finally reaching his destination of the bar.

"Give me something stout, please" as a nervous smile would crack upon his face.

How the hell do I get out of here before this annoying ass portrait thing...

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Give me something stout, please" A familiar voice perked up to his right. Kaen knew this voice to be that of the heir to the Ryuzaki clan, the Kazekage himself, Lord Raizo. After helping Teke to her feet he would pull himself closer and whisper in her ear. "I'll find you again soon, go on ahead without me. I won't be long." His gaze was fixated on Raizo, they had much to discuss. There wouldn't be many opportunities to interact given their respective positions, not unless Nobu was going to be throwing parties more often anyway. With Teke on her way towards the painting gathering, Kaen suspected they would have a few minutes while the rest of the party shifted around to make their way towards getting a lengthy painting taken.

Taking a seat just one space away from Raizo, Kaen would repeat the order just before the bartender left to tend to the Kage's drink order. "I'll have what he's having." Placing his elbows onto the counter he would fold his hands together and rest his chin atop them. Whether or not the Kage liked him given their brief interaction a short time ago was more trivial at this point than an actual issue. Or at least that's how Kaen felt about it now. Much had transpired since the day Kasen cold-clocked him. Just the fact that Kaen had fought along side him, in a way, was enough to move past a petty squabble. What's more, Kaen had the pleasure of leading his younger cousin, Kazu. If Raizo was anything like that young boy there was a fair chance that the pair could get along. "Your cousin is impressive for someone so young. You must be proud, I am. He's a gifted young Genin. I wonder if all Ryuzaki live up to that standard." While he was not directly next to the Kage during the Long Night on the wall, he had witnessed from afar the Kage's powerful fire jutsu, along with regaling accounts via word of mouth. In truth Kaen wondered who the better of the two was, Lord Kaen of the Flame Court, or Lord Raizo, Kazekage and Head of the Ryuzaki. Though this would be a test, and compelling story for another time, another day. For now they had drinks to nurse and a painting to endure.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Neither of Mikaboshi's subordinates seemed particularly interested in mingling but that was fine enough for now. He hardly expected either of them to be particularly social on their first outing back into human civilization and so far both of them were measuring up to his expectations on that regard. Bringing the tall glass of crimson liquid to his lips and letting a small amount of it pass before swallowing, Mikaboshi silently appraised those that were in attendance.

Few stood out as particularly of interest to him save for a few. The man that had been announced as the Kazekage, of course but there were others as well. There was a blue-haired woman and a red-haired man. They perhaps didn't understand why the Lord of the Deep Court and his proteges resonated strangely with them nor did either of Mikaboshi's subordinates understand the significance of the feeling but for one that was as old as Mikaboshi he understood it cleanly enough.

There were too few of them left for Mikaboshi not to recognize them if they were true members of his kind but they carried with them the essence of an Ancient-kin none the less. It was an invisible familiarity that could not be explained in words. Mikaboshi had attempted to explain the concept to Sousuke in the past but ultimately human language had proven too imprecise to fully encapsulate the concept. Each Ancient-kin possessed an innate connection with those derived from their own Court-- a shared essence that ran like a current between each of them that was unmistakable. It was a link that could not be broken or ignored and it meant that any Ancient could recognize a member of their own Court with ease. Such a direct link did not exist across the various Courts but still there was a presence to an Ancient, even a Hybrid, that was unmistakable for those that knew what to look and more importantly to feel for. At a cursory level, Mikaboshi could not tell from which Court either Kaen or Kasen belonged but he noted their presence just the same. He had never thought for there to come a day when Ancient-kin, even be they half-human Hybrids, to be welcome so tacitly within the ranks of Sunagakure given that humanity had once hunted their kind to near oblivion.

Nobu announced to the group that they should begin to join him in the gallery for some sort of ritual that was important to him as a host and the pink-haired member of Mikaboshi's entourage wasted no time in following the bulk of the party-goers out of the main room and into the gallery but the other two-- the black-haired young man with the chitinous shoulder and arm and of course Mikaboshi himself --both waited and watched as the various nobility of Sunagakure filed slowly out of the room.

For his part, Raizo followed the pink-haired woman out with his eyes before looking to the Mikaboshi who offered a polite bowing of his head and a gesture of his glass to acknowledge the leader of Sunagakure before Raizo swept his eyes away and looked at the long-haired young man who... was staring right back at him with his back planted against a wall and his arms crossed across his chest. Unlike his master or the young woman which had arrived along with him in Mikaboshi's entourage, the black-haired man offered no pretense of party politeness and carried with him the look and expression that was unmistakably predatory. There was no malice in his eyes but it could not be missed that he had his own gaze fixed directly upon the Kazekage, returning the appraising gaze of the Kazekage like a rival lion sizing up his competition. He said nothing and made no move to join the group in the gallery but at the same time did not move his gaze from the Kazekage as Raizo turned to order his drink, instead keeping his eyes on him even while Raizo was turned.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back