Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

In the secret alleys of her heart, Erina pined for Dio [pri]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tonight I’m going to go on a date with Mochizuki Tomo, and nothing had better fuck it up. There won’t be Demon Invasion 2: Electric Bugaloo. I don’t care if I’m the Last Starfighter of Rylos, or if the Principality of Zeon wants to sodomize our collective asses with Mobile Suits. If my father suddenly appears and tells me to Get in the Robot I’m going to kick him in the balls. War Never Changes, but the communist invaders had better hold off their Red Dawn until after I’m satisfied. If ET wants to phone home I’ll flip him a coin but I sure as hell ain’t giving him a lift on my bike.

I lean in until I can see every oozing pore on my face in the mirror and scrunch my brow. Those stupid strips never actually work, even though it’s awesome to see the little forest that your nose leaves on the sticky side afterwards. I’ve never had perfect skin—mine manages to be perpetually oily and dry at the same time, but that’s what foundation is for. Time to move on to more important things, like my bushy eyebrows. If the internet is to be believed, 2D girls with caterpillars crawling above their eyes are the hottest thing since the underboob ribbon, but unfortunately the rule doesn’t apply in 3D, where I live. Threading is surprisingly expensive, and it’s easy to do something stupid like seal your own eyes shut while waxing, so plucking it is. It’s cheap and all it requires from you is some true cowboy grit.

After a lot of cursing and only-halfway-joking contemplation of blowing my brains out all over the sink, I complete the odious task and I’m done with my face-prep. Now, it’s time to select something to wear. I remember when I first went out with Jo I’d spend an hour fretting over color coordination and whether going Gothic Lolita would weird him out or not, but now that I’m older, wiser, and care less, I simply toss on what’s at hand. Most writers make the rookie mistake of describing in epic detail every single bangle, stitch, and bauble on their characters, but I’m not exactly a rookie anymore. Suffice it to say, I’m sure it’ll appeal to Tomo.

Finally, I spritz a few jets of cologne onto my wrists and the nape of my neck, with one between the thighs for good measure. You never know, right? I’ve actually chosen one of my father’s preferred scents, as opposed to some floral bullshit that smells like old ladies dealing with urge incontinence. It smells like a handsome man should: calfskin, unprocessed tobacco, and cordite tempered with jasmine and lavender. Wearing it, I feel like the most interesting ninja in the world; I don’t always date boys, but when I do, I end up banging their sisters instead. Okay, actually, I’d prefer not to end up in the sack with Tama for any reason. She’s cute, but my biology just doesn’t work that way. No, the point of all of this is to con Tomo into overlooking my flaws until I’ve got him hook, line, and sinker. Then I can show him what a shitter I really am!

I got word of his success on the Chuunin exam a little while back. Apparently he got shot in the head. That’s fine, because every woman likes a bit of a fixer-upper. Mostly, though, I just want to see him and talk with him again. The rest is mere gravy, though gravy is nigh irresistible in any form. We’ve agreed to meet in the square, where I’ll take him to this restaurant I’d planned on long before going to Roenesia.

I look over my form in the mirror—satisfactory enough. With that, I grab my handbag (with a change of clothes and basic necessities that a bachelor pad won’t have) and holster my pistol against my thigh. You never know when ruffians might show up and I’ll need to rescue him, after all. I step out of the apartment and start to skip. Nothing’s gonna fuck this up.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: In the secret alleys of her heart, Erina pined for Dio [

</B>
---That Morning---​
<i>
</i>
Tomo sat at his desk in the Seki District, going through all the paperwork that had stacked up while he was on his exam. He had promised Saeko that they'd go on a date when he returned, a real date that didn't involve dressing like a woman to get free drinks at a bar. Thus he came in early to get work done so they could meet later. As he labored, a portable, crank television sat on his desk with him, playing a recording of the ANBU class that had taken place a while back. His brother Takama insisted that he watch it. So from time to time, Tomo's gaze would flick up to the screen. He wasn't really sure what the big deal was. Nothing truly exciting had happened thus far.

Tomo's eyes found their way to the television again as one of the masked female ANBU began stripping. "RAIDEN'S BREATH!!!" Tomo searched frantically for a way to turn it off as the raunchy scene continued. He tried cranking it backwards, but that only charged it more, giving him a clearer view. "Stupid technology!" Seeing no way to do it, he simply flipped the television, making it rest on the screen. He cursed under his breath. "Takama, you'll pay for this. Making me watch smut." Tomo shook his head, trying to get the crude sight out of his head.

With his focus away from paperwork and the television, Tomo's eyes spotted a folder near the flap of his tent. Curious, he picked it up. There was a note on it.

Hey Bro!

I know you plan to go out with that Takaki chick. Don't worry, I made sure to tell everyone. Anyways, I compiled a nice folder on her, with a bunch of info you should look over.

Should have been in ANBU,
Kimiki ~ <3

Tomo frowned. His sister was such a nosy person. He stared at the file as he returned to his desk. A piece of him wanted to look in the folder, learn everything he could about the woman who claimed she had fallen for him. What kind of person was she really? He knew she was a bit...eccentric...and foul-mouthed...and crazy strong. However, he didn't know much about her past aside from her mention of Narashi Jo. His finger played with the corner of the file as he wavered. Finally he pushed the folder away from him and shook his head. "Come on Tomo. Just ask her in person. Don't be a snoop like Kimiki. Saeko deserves respect like any other." Feeling proud of his self-control, Tomo returned to his troupe's paperwork.

---That Afternoon---​
<i>
</i>
Tomo sat upon the fountain's edge, looking back and forth. It was a bit nostalgic to be back at this place, awaiting a woman. He had done the same thing back as a teenager with Shimete. Though it was a fake date, it still had the makings of a real one. Lunch, a random wolf running through the restaurant, knives thrown at waiters, the usual. Hopefully today would lack canines and death threats. Though knowing the standard of Tomo and Saeko's interactions, he wouldn't be surprised.

A few girls passed by, only to jog back. <B>"Kyaaa! Tomo-sama?! We're both huuuuuuge fans! Your rendition of Aozora no Namida is to DIE for!" Tomo gave a fake smile, feeling a bit worried that 'die' was the word the girl chose to emphasis. "Thank you ladies very much. I'm glad to hear my music is enjoyed." The girls squealed again. "So hoooooot." Tomo continued to smile, hiding the hint of annoyance he felt. The girls' reactions he didn't mind, but rather the timing. He preferred for Saeko not to see him fraternizing with teen girls right before their date, nor did he want the girls to see him with Saeko. He wasn't ashamed of her, but statistics show that girls prefer a single idol, or at least one that they can fantasize about marrying. Teen girls were ridiculous like that.

"May I help you ladies?" Tomo hoped they wouldn't need anything, but that's never the case with fangirls. "Tomo-sama! Please sign my shirt." Tomo couldn't hide the confusion on his face at this request. As politely as possible, he questioned the girl. "Um...wouldn't it come off when you washed it?" The girl's eyes seemed to sparkle. "I'll neeeeeever wash this shirt." Tomo bit his lower lip, reminding himself to play the part. "Well who am I to judge?" He stood up, pulled out his brush, and dipped it in his ink well. He paused. "Um...where should I sign...?" Don't say chest. Don't say chest. Don't say... "My chest!" Oooohoohoohoo! These girls are more forward than Takaki. Using every ounce of his willpower to keep his smile, he bent down and signed the girl's shirt over her breasts. He kept his hand positioned to ensure no contact would be made. "Me next Tomo-sama! Me next!" Tomo turned to the other girl and did the same. As they squeed with joy, Tomo looked behind him, praying that Saeko wasn't there to see what happened.
Look%20back%20lens%20flare%20border_zps3abon7cb.jpg

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

I hear the fangirls before I actually see them. Dubbed “the squee” by nine out of ten dentists, four out of five apothecaries, and five out of six alchemists, the utterance of a teenager enthralled by celebrity is a characteristic mix of devotion and a pinch of lust; kind of the same thing that I feel when I lay my eyes on the smooth and sinewy contours of a nicely-polished gun. But this isn’t a thread about my particular fetishes—it’s time for my date with Tomo and all of the inherent complications of dating a celebrity. The squee is one of many things.

As I round the corner I have to suppress the urge to chortle when I see Tomo trying to gingerly autograph a pair of titties without actually touching them. He’s probably shitting bricks thinking about what would happen if I chanced upon this very sight. It’s pretty cute, but also shows that he still doesn’t know me too well. That’s okay, though. That’s why I’m trying to spend time with him like this, so that he can find out exactly what I’m cool with, and what I’m not.

Tomo whips his head around in a frantic effort to scan the crowd for my indignantly dynamic entrance. If this were a shounen harem flick, I’d probably smack him in the face with my handbag. The heavy butt of my (backup) pistol will be sure to leave a nice large egg on his forehead and he’ll roll back into a confused and comedic ball of man-limbs.

His gaze locks onto mine and his irises disappear in panic. Adrenaline’s shooting through his veins and he’s about an eyelash-hair away from bursting into a cloud of confetti. I definitely don’t want that to happen again, because like any woman, I want a prospective boyfriend to be a bit more…substantive in nature.

“Hey girls!” I say to the fans. “Thank you for supporting Tomo-sama! He’s got a meeting right now so he has to leave, but make sure to put in your preorders for his next album! ‘Forever’ comes out in less than two months and we want you to spread the word!”

I offer my hand to Tomo and wink at him. “We should be off to the restaurant, Tomo-sama. Your taxes can’t be deferred ‘Forever,’ so to speak.”

After the fangirls scurry off with their treasures and plenty of new material for the spank-bank, I lean over and give Tomo a surreptitious kiss on the cheek.

“You should disguise yourself a bit more while we’re in public. I’ve got a trucker hat and shemagh if you want one. You can lower your profile and look like a hipster,” I say with a giggle. "But seriously, I know how these things work. You might not know this, but one of my father's secretaries—do you remember Nyaruko?—actually went and joined up with AKB0048. Her contract stated in big block letters that she couldn’t ever date or be seen exclusively with one guy in public. The idol otaku would freak the fuck out if that happened and tank the business. I imagine it’s similar for you, so I'll try to help you out in any way I can."
For some reason, Alesso's goofy mug reminds me of Tomo, lol, I dunno

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tomo's body tensed the instant his eyes fell upon Saeko. He had heard rumors of the fiasco that occurred after their 2 for 1 night a while back. Something about a fight for Tomo's honor, or something ridiculous like that. He wasn't sure if it was true, as the information had come from a rather untrustworthy source in the form of Mochizuki Kimiki, but he wouldn't put it past her. Looking like a Missing-nin caught in a searchlight, Tomo's first thought was to use a reactionary command to poof away, slip into stealth, and run in place for two rounds until he could make his escape. But Tomo wasn't an idiot. Such an act would just make him look guilty. Not to mention she could have shot him in the back of the head long before he even noticed her. The fact that she didn't meant the date wasn't in jeopardy...yet.

Quick with her wit, Saeko pulled the manager card, which was a bit ironic considering Tomo himself was a manager-in-training. Playing along, Tomo gave a nod. "Ah, yes. I must be off. Please have a pleasant afternoon ladies." He gave them a bow and took Saeko's hand once the girls began to skip away. The sneaky peck to his cheek brought out a blush, but not as intense as usual. He was beginning to get a bit more comfortable with these actions, craving them even.

Tomo gave Saeko's hand a squeeze. "Thank you Saeko. It's odd having to downplay our date. Last time I had to play up that I was out on the town with someone." Again his thoughts moved to Shimete, how had begged him to play the part of her boyfriend just so she could pretend that she wasn't in love with her master. It was an odd request, but she seemed desperate, and it did help him with his performing career. He'd placed a lot of effort into becoming popular so that the servant girl could use him as a facade. Unsurprisingly, their phony trysts ended with Tomo feeling rather used and abused.

Knowing that this date was genuine both excited, and terrified him. At least with Shimete the only goal was to make sure people knew she was out on a date. It didn't matter whether she liked it or not. But with Saeko, Tomo wanted her to enjoy her time, and that probably wouldn't happen if they were constantly being interrupted by fans. Tomo released his girlfriend's hand and took a step back. "If you don't mind, I'll just change my image up a bit. I need to practice my transformation jutsu anyway." If his exam had taught him anything, it was that transformation jutsu saves lives. Cycling through the hand seals, ink spewed from his well and created a miniature tornado around him. It circled three times before returning to his hip pocket.

Tomo's image was generally the same. If he hoped to remain transformed for the duration of their dinner, Tomo needed to keep it simple. His long hair was now a solid black, and his outfit was more akin to something his eldest brother would wear. His eyes were a golden orange, mimicking Sonoko's irises. He intertwined his fingers with Saeko's. "I hope this will be an adequate substitute for the night. At least until the sky is too dark or the people are too drunk to recognize me." He motioned forward with his available hand. "I believe the lady has her heart set on a specific dining locale?" A breeze blew around them, and Tomo got a good whiff of Saeko's scent. He couldn't explain why, but he liked it. It reminded him of his younger years and was almost comforting. He closed his eyes for a moment and smiled. Tonight's going to be a good night. There's no way anything could go wrong. That's always what people think before things go horribly wrong.

[WC: 655]
[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

“Dohoho!” I chuckle in my best ojou-sama. “So Tomo-sama has dated other girls before me? I’m actually kind of pleased by that. I wanna know more, but later.”

And in truth, I’m also a little relieved. No girl wants to hear that the guy she’s going out with hasn’t ever been on a date—even a fake date—with someone else before. That means the guy in question is either eight years old (and the authorities have been notified) or he’s some kind of creeper who can’t socialize with women. Or that there’s some sort of weird dysfunction about to happen involving ancient alien monoliths and popping out razor-sharp limbs from your head to rend and tear your screaming neighbors.

He declines my offer to dress up and instead opts for a transformation. Maintaining the technique costs energy and concentration, so I wonder why Tomo’s opted for this instead of doing the usual and just putting on a pair of shades. I’m definitely pleased by the result, though. It’s still Tomo—a bit more conservative—but appealingly dark and mysterious. Also, his wallet kinda looks a bit fatter like this…just kidding! I take his hand with pleasure.

“The new look reminds me of that famous actor with the Royal Company of Players, what was his name…Sir Keanu! Except for, well, not suicidally depressed and with a more interesting personality. I like it, and you should keep it for the night. But if we end up in the sack, I want you to revert. I’m not in the mood to roleplay just yet,” I say, and wink at him.

“And yes, I wanted to try one of the new places around here. It’s right next to that pai-tan shop where you always have to wait an hour for seats. Name is ‘Bloody Fin.’ I know it sounds like something out of a shounen battle manga featuring pirates, but I’ve heard their octopus roast is to die for. That and I made a reservation, so we won’t have to wait forever for a table.”

His hand’s already entwined in mine, so I merely have to tug him along as I skip—yes, skip like a little girl—along to where the Bloody Fin’s established itself. I heard that the place it replaced was the second iteration of Saint Hayata’s famed juice bar. The smoothies were incredible, but the place always ended up getting blown up by rockets, incinerated by millions—no, trillions—of lightning bolts, and otherwise swindled out of all its cash. Hopefully, the ‘Fin fares better, and has the same great service.

As I round a corner, though, my gorge rises at a certain sight: three masked, battle-ready ANBU confronting a lanky character who’s obviously not from around these parts. I’d heard something about someone who allegedly slipped across while all of us gate staff were off on our week-long training session in the tropics. While I might understand this person’s desire to not freeze or starve to death just because there’s no one around to get to his paperwork, rules are rules. After all, when else does the Deathwatch get to have our beach and swimsuit episode special?

The ANBU have changed since my father’s day. They’re meaner, more violent, and less merciful than before. The air shimmers with dark energy that heralds the arrival of a spirit of battle, and I know this is going to end up in a fight. Bad as I might feel for the poor guy about to get it up the ass, my utmost wish is that none of this spills into my date with Tomo. If fate is merciful, our threads will NOT intertwine tonight. And if fate is a capricious bitch (as she usually is), I’m going to cut her fucking face.

Hopefully, Tomo hasn’t noticed the sight. I don’t want him to feel uneasy during dinner, and I definitely don’t want him getting a patriotism boner and trying to help the ANBU out. I want him to rise to the occasion for one thing only, although I want him to do this at least five or six times before I let him roll over and fall asleep.

“Takaki, party of two,” I say to the hostess, and squeeze Tomo’s arm. She leads us to our table and our waiter arrives. Usually, I don’t bother to remember the names of serving staff, but I always make sure to leave them a good tip. The minimum is twenty percent as long as they didn’t (obviously) spit in your drink. Then you can lower it to fifteen. I order a Zombie Slayer (Midori, Cointreau, and Seltzer with an actual nine-millimeter cartridge rattling around at the bottom) and see what Tomo wants. You can tell a lot about a man based on what he drinks. I wonder if he’s a beer man, a wine man, a cocktail man, or an iced tea man.

“So, Tomo-sama,” I wink at him as I say it. “I guess this is also congratulations on passing your chuunin exam. Cheers!” I take a sip. “Tell me all about it! I heard you got shot in the face and buried alive, by the way. Are you doing okay?”

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tomo was delighted that Saeko approved of his transformation. Though he had worked to make himself look different, his appearance was still Tomo at its base. As they begin walking, his cheeks flared red. Saeko mentioning even the possibility of sleeping together got Tomo's heart racing. His body wanted it, but his mind still held that old-fashioned belief that such things should be reserved for marriage. It had been drilled into him as a child by his parents, as well as his oldest sister. However, Takama had shown by example that being loose in the sheets didn't mean the end of the world. And somehow, he was still popular, even though he had never held onto a real relationship.

Tomo stared straight ahead, his thoughts clouded by his inner dilemma. Sex should be reserved for marriage. It is a special bond that should be shared when two people are fully committed to one another. Yet Saeko already admitted to being with Narashi, and the way she spoke, it did sound like she had experience with him. But I shouldn't just use the reasoning that someone else already got to, so why not me... This solo dispute distracted Tomo enough from the world around him, causing him to miss the obvious pre-brawl courtesy speech. The mental fog only began to clear as the two reached the restaurant and stood before the hostess. The squeeze of his arm, coupled with the light squish of side boob, reminded him that he was over-thinking. He needed to let things follow course. Whether the two did the horizontal shuffle or not was of no concern presently. In fact, it wouldn't even be an option if he continued to stay in his own mind. Selfishness on a date had been Shimete's downfall. He wouldn't make the same mistake.

They were led to their table, and Tomo pulled out Saeko's seat. He knew that some women were insulted by men who thought they needed help even to move their chair, as it was the man's way of showing dominance and strength. But he knew Saeko wouldn't think that. She could snap him in half with her pink, or she could if she ever decided to fill out her character profile. Taking his seat across from her, Tomo looked at the menu to weigh his drink options. He despised alcohol, so that took out most of the menu. He drank tea to relax before bed, so that was a no-go. His next selection would be coffee, but then he would be worried about his breath all night. He couldn't imagine whatever a Zombie Slayer was would mix well with coffee. "I'll have a water please." It was lame, it was unoriginal, but that classic Tomo.

Tomo bowed his head and thanked Saeko for her congratulations, but his brows quickly furrowed as she wished to hear more. He wasn't sure he could admit that he'd used her name while transformed as a woman, then used a clone to perform S&M on a creepy casino owner, just to end up shoving his cloney tongue down the man's throat. He brought his fist to his lips and cleared his throat before averting his gaze. "Well, I don't think I would have recovered from a shot to the face, so, uh, no, that didn't happen. But I did almost get buried alive." His body involuntarily shivered at the memory. "But luckily a nice man dug me up and brought me to a doctor, so the only real wound was to my dignity." He paused as he questioned himself on what else he should share. The answer was nothing. "And the rest was history." Embarrassing history. He gave her a smile and moved the topic quickly to her. "But I'm sure it wasn't nearly as interesting as that one mission you went on. The S-rank? That must have been an adventure and a half." Outside, a storm could be heard, and he looked towards the direction of the door. "Wow, where did that storm come from? The sky was clear a few seconds ago." He shook his head. "Is it a Santaru training? Or maybe..." Knowing a hint of Saeko's origins, Tomo gave her a playful smirk. "It's a little late to get out of our date. Or is this your attempt to keep us here longer?"

[WC: 724]
[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

So Tomo is a water man, after all. Then again, I guess he’d have to be to maintain that cut-from-marble body of his. Things like alcohol, sodas, and even plain old tea have been shown to have all sorts of crazily harmful compounds in them that, over time, really do a number on your health. And as a singer, he wouldn’t dare endanger those precious vocal cords of his with anything but the finest dihydrogen monoxide. Meanwhile, I’m here trashing my genetic code and adding gobs of cellulite to my thighs with booze. Flavored booze, at that!

But the differences in our tastes is quite okay, since I don’t get the sense that Tomo’s really judging me. He may treat his body like a temple, but as long as he doesn’t call me a heretic, I’ll keep coming at--to, I mean to--worship.

Ugh, Saeko, are you really obsessing over petty bullshit like what your date orders to drink? Can that shit, sister. You’ll never be a strong female protagonist that way. Also, it seems like my first question’s started things off on a weird footing, because it’s clear that Tomo doesn’t want to walk too much about what transpired during his exam. In truth, I can’t blame him. I don’t want to talk too much about what happened in Roenesia.

I smile. “I think it’s inspiring, what happened. Even with ongoing social collapse and apocalyptic death cults springing up everywhere, there are still people out there who’ll dig you up if you’ve been buried alive. Me, I’d take a shovel and start piling more dirt on!”

I wink. “Just kidding!”

Of course, no bad deed goes unpunished, so Tomo plays turnabout and asks me exactly the sort of question I’d been dreading. Fortunately, our waiter comes by and I manage to buy more time to think of what I’d say by ordering hors d'oeuvres for the table. I choose what the restaurant’s famous for, which is the roasted Deep One tentacles. Suckers on, of course. It’s not easy to make pelagic abominations turn from chewy, ammoniac dreck to savory chunks of briny essence with a texture rivaling that of aged tenderloin cooked for days with sous-vide. The process involves a lot of slow-roasting, basting, and finally broiling, and it’s not cheap, but so worth it. I’ve also...heard it’s kind of an aphrodisiac, too. Perhaps we’ll see if Tomo’s face becomes more flushed over the course of the evening. And if certain parts of his engorge as well.

By that, I’m talking about his feet. You know, sodium…

“Oh, I’ll have the, uh…” I flip through the menu. “Harspud tips, medium rare, with the side of R’lyeh taters. No garlic in the aioli, please. Tomo-sama?”

While he finished his order, I scramble for what to say. I can’t just refuse to talk, or cover it up with some “Top Secret” BS, even though it actually is kind of top secret. We’re ninjas on a date: international espionage is our version of foreplay.

“Funny you should bring that up,” I say with a nervous laugh. “You know, Shinrya-san was hell of drunk when she made that toast. Please forgive her, for I know she can be insensitive. I noticed that you left soon after--”

I keep my poker face so hard.

My cousin noticed that you left soon after Auntie Kitsune started mouthing off. If you want to know what happened, I got sent to Roenesia--you know, the tropical shithole colony we should never ever visit under any circumstances--to hunt down a murderer. Kogami screwed up and sent an accountant instead of a real detective, so some misunderstandings happened. If you, by any chance, heard that I’d gone missing, then that’s what it’s about. But I didn’t go missing, don’t worry. Besides, I like your family and the thought of having to fight them all at once at the gates makes me pee myself in fear. We also broke into federal prison. And there were ladyboys. And…I’ll stop there.”

Thankfully, the appetizers have arrived to prevent me from tripping over my own tongue any further. As promised, the smell is sumptuous and I can almost feel those tentacles sliding right down my throat. As I reach for the serving spoon to ladle some on to Tomo’s small plate, I hear it. the unmistakable, nausea-inducing, gut-wrenching sound of abyssal artillery.

Tomo brushes it off as lightning, but I know better. I know something’s gone terribly wrong with the interdiction in the alley. The ANBU know better than to set off earthshaking eldritch pyrotechnics in the middle of a heavily-populated commercial area, which means that the one doing the casting is the foreign shinobi. Surely our finest ranks of soulless killers haven’t been blindsided by a plucky rogue scraping by on daring and wit?

Best put it out of my mind. The bloodshed’s happening in another thread. This date is safe.

“I don’t need to draw from The Force to get to know you better, Tomo-sama.” I flutter my lashes. “I prefer it the old-fashioned way. With words. And, with touch.” I lightly stroke the inside of his calf with my stockinged toe. Footsie’s about as old-fashioned as you can get, but there’s something just so titillating about it. “Now, try the tentacles. They’re what this place is famous for…”

I hear a sudden, eardrum-rending clank from outside and something blows a hole through the wall flanking us. It crashes into one of the support beams, sunders the wood, and spins madly through the air until it lands, tip-down, in the middle of our table. I blink and stare at what’s just literally crashed my date.

It’s a sword, about a man’s height long, with brass fittings and a spun ebonwood hilt. Its pommel is decorated with the largest emerald I’ve ever seen, and crimson runes on its bone-white blade pulsate with raw power. Yes, we’ve almost been killed by a real-life Noble Phantasm. I think this one’s name is named Astaroth, a favorite of the Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka of the D’Haran legions, who ravaged the lands many millennia ago. It’s, like...hella powerful.

We should probably flee, but… Fuck everything! I’ve waited for this date for months!

Without missing a beat, I stand and grasp Astaroth by its--sorry, her--hilt and wrench the blade from the table. I flag our waiter over and present the sword to him, pommel-first, of course.

“Ahem! Sorry, but I don’t think we ordered this one as an entree. Please take it back to the kitchens,” I say airily.

The poor man’s face whitens for a moment, but he takes the sword, bows, and then rushes away.

I turn back to Tomo. “Sorry, I think this place is still kinda new. Usually, I wait for at least a few months before trying out a new place. Helps the kinks in the service iron out... So! Now that you’re a chuunin, any future plans? Going to save the world, or do the job for a few more years until the pension kicks in to a hundred percent and then retire?”

Another hole in the wall opens up with a violent spray of plaster as another Noble Phantasm whizzes by and lodges itself in the floor nearby. I give Haruspex--yes, the Haruspex, the sword of Aion Dawnbringer Himself--a glare of annoyance. The last thing I want is to be diddled by an ancient god in front of my boyfriend! Well, he's not my boyfriend yet, but... I sip my drink in a hurry. I'll need a few more of these the way things are going.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tomo nervously laughed at Saeko's burial humor. He had received similar wit from Kotsuko, so he wasn't as flabbergasted by her nonchalant joking of him almost losing his life. Honestly, he should have been used to it ages ago thanks to his more sarcastic siblings, but part of him still had hope that the world wasn't filled with comedians who used pain as their inspiration. It was a naive part of him, to say the least. The waiter arrived as Tomo turned the tides of the conversation, and the man realized he hadn't really been paying attention to what was available. As Saeko ordered the Deep One tentacles, Tomo scanned his choices. While Tomo liked to think he was a classy man, he didn't eat like one. Most of his meals were more traditional, such as miso soup, sashimi, sushi, beef bowls. He knew nothing about any food on this menu, and half he swore wasn't even real. In the end, he just picked one at random. "And I'll have...Saurian Tail Tenderloins in Avernal Mushroom sauce with a side of Greenwarish salad." He prayed to Raiden that he hadn't chosen poorly.

With their orders made, Tomo listened intently to Saeko's description of her mission. He wasn't surprised that she didn't go into much detail. Whether she too had to do something she wasn't proud of, or she had to keep things hush hush, he understood. He lightly chuckled at her reasoning as to why she wouldn't go missing. "What we lack in skill, we make up for in numbers." Though Tomo felt deep down that his family was more fragile than they wanted to believe. Like they could easily be wiped out with one move if the right person wanted vengeance. He thanked Saeko for the food and picked up a tentacle with his fork, taking a bite in hopes to get his mind off the thought of family genocide. It was a little more leathery than Tomo's usual chow, and it took a good twenty seconds for him to finally swallow it.

Thanks to the almost therapeutic chewing of the appetizer, Tomo's mind was again focused on Saeko. "Well, I'm glad everything worked out. You're much stronger than I to take on such a task." In all his life, the most dangerous mission Tomo had ever been on was delivering a package. It seemed a little pathetic next to Saeko's murder mystery prison break. Remembering his masquerade conversation with 'Lady Santaru', Tomo reminded himself not to get hung up on such things. The amount of peril in his life didn't matter to Saeko, so it shouldn't matter to him.

Tomo shivered as Saeko's foot eased up his calf. The tingling of his spine turned to warmth, and he had to bite his lower lip to prevent himself from vocalizing his pleasure. Footsie was something he'd never had to play on stage, so it was a new, exhilarating experience. He obeyed Saeko without hesitation, and scooped the food into his mouth. Instead of using his molars to eat, he instead tried his incisors. He was able to cut through the tentacle easier, though it still went down a little rough.

As Tomo went to take another bite, a sword entered the scene, its blade sunk deep into the table. The contents of the Mochizuki's fork flopped back onto his plate as his mouth remained open, gaping at the weapon. He slowly put his eating utensil down, his mind attempting to process this new development. Saeko recovered at a quicker rate, and pushed the sword onto a frightened waiter. Even when his date began to question him, his thoughts remained on the situation due to another sword flashing through the air. A certain voice chimed in, explaining his view on the incident, and with Tomo distracted, he blabbed it out. "What is this? Nanjirous on parade?"

Instantly his face scrunched in annoyance. Of course Haruki wouldn't keep his mental mouth shut for the whole night. Worse yet was his timing. Oooohoohoohoo! Tomo-boy! Great minds think alike, hmm? Tomo honed in on Saeko's eyes, trying to ignore the voice in his head. "Future plans? I guess..." The man paused, realizing that he had no plans. Ultimately he wanted to run the family business when he could retire. But lately, he couldn't help but want a little more. If he rose higher in the ranks, he could make more money. Life as a tent performer does not a wealthy man make, much like the life of a shinobi. Yet he had heard rumors of the higher-ups receiving money equal to their worth. A piece of him wanted in on that action. Well, not the literal action, the money.

Seconds ticked away in what would have been silence if not for the storm outside raging. Tomo's eyes fell to the sword lodged in the ground, and his mind flicked to Komora. The youngest Mochizuki sibling with a fascination with swords, Tomo had only recently met her for the first time in six years. His eyes lifted back to Saeko, and he wondered if she knew. Did she know of his mentally handicapped sister? Should he tell her? He had never thought about it before this moment, but it was possible Komora's condition could be hereditary. Would Saeko be able to live with a mentally stunted son or daughter? Tomo's eyelids flickered lightly at the thought. What was he doing? This was their very first date and he was already thinking about children? He was almost jealous of Takama's ability to turn off such thoughts and just sex up the village. Tomo just needed to stop reading too far into things and enjoy the date.

He shook his head lightly. "Ah. Sorry. Obviously that pause is proof that I've got nothing in mind. Presently, my life can go any which way." He gazed into Saeko's eyes for a moment, as she was one of the people that could determine his path. "I think I'll take it slow for the time being. See if something pops out that pushes me to penetrate my limits." Tomo's face quickly reddened as he remembered their very first conversation months ago. She would see this as speed seduction, he just knew it. He stabbed a tentacle and took a bite so he could avoid talking, only to realize that shoving a tendril in his mouth could be seen as rather suggestive to the right eyes. Saeko had those eyes. Tomo face palmed, causing him to miss the sight of Merodach zipping between the two.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Going by his uncharacteristic somberness, it looks like I’ve driven Tomo to distraction. In truth, I hadn’t meant to bring up such a contentious issue. Though all people ponder their destinies at one point or another, young men in Tomo’s position do so more than any other group. Of course, if you’re either poorer than Job’s turkey or richer than Croesus, then you won’t worry so much. But if you’re walk the sort of precarious razor’s edge straddling potential and failure--when you’ve got skin in the game but a lot of blood to show for it--then the future’s all you worry about. I shouldn’t have brought it up. When I masqueraded (literally) as my cousin, I realized just how much this issue troubles poor Tomo, even if he also has a sister-fucking ghost on the brain.

The blame falls squarely on me, too. There are mavens of social grace out there who’re able to navigate any gathering and have the Devil himself eating out of their palms. They could sell Playboy subscriptions to Tenouzan cardinals and convince Hayata Shin to murder in cold blood. I’m definitely not one of those people. I’m awkward as fuck and my self-esteem runneth over not. When pressed into a corner, and especially in company of someone I desire, I start regressing into what I know--the numbers and facts. Hence, this date is quickly resembling a job interview rather than an entertaining prelude to some hanky-panky. I need to turn the tide. Somehow convince Tomo that I’m worthy of spending more time with. I don’t want him to just be friends with benefits.

He gives me a typical, noncommittal reply about his plans, although I’m pleased enough that he hasn’t simply declared his intention to eat a steady diet of government cheese living in a van down by the river. The second line, however, almost makes me spew my drink all over the table.

“Tomo-sama,” I say with a laugh, “If you can’t wait to walk me home gently, why don’t you just say so?” Now I start coughing since a nine-millimeter cartridge almost went down the wrong hole.

Tomo facepalms and misses the sight of another Noble Phantasm that nearly takes off my head. I’m glad he didn’t see that, because I’m pretty sure he’s also figured out that our boys in the ANBU are engaged in lethal battle against a rather powerful missing-nin. For now, he’s probably chosen to play along with continuing our courtship. If I’m seen to be in danger, though, then he might actually get up and join the fight. Which would be bad. I can take care of myself, dammit. Without missing a beat, I change my seat so I’m closer to Tomo, almost right next to him, and move my drink and small plate, too.

“Actually, it’s just a bit breezy where I was sitting. Hope you don’t mind being cozy,” I say to him. My hand sneaks over his thigh and I brush my fingertips against his manhood. I toy with the idea of undoing his zipper and giving him some illicit pleasure under the table, but decide not to. I’d like to come back here in the future. Instead, my hand comes to rest on his, on his thigh. Our fingers intertwine. I smile and lean in so my lips brush his ears. “My arse! Ze lace panties do nothing!”

I wink at him and down the last remnants of my drink, “Well, it was kind of a pointless question for me to ask, anyway. If I know you at all, I know that you have an abundance of grit. You don’t rely on shounenshit ‘power of friendship’ asspulls or broken superpowers. You simply get up and go to work every day, try to save a bit of money here and there, and plan for the worst while striving for the best. I think we’ll be fine, whether you end up as Raikage in ten years or take an arrow in the knee tomorrow.” I pause. Alcohol’s getting to me. “Sorry! Shouldn’t have said ‘we,’ that’s a bit presumptuous of me…”

By now, I realize I’m leaning against him. We’re still waiting for our entrees, but now I just want to take Tomo home and have him to myself for the rest of the night. We can talk about art and culture and Donarudo Torumpu--all the shit I read about so I could discuss on this date--when I’m having a post-coital cigarette. I turn my head so I’m staring into Tomo’s eyes. I close my eyes and extend my neck to kiss him. Don’t go harem MC on me now, bro.

The earth rumbles and a pressure wave gently pushes me back against the leather backing of the seat. Not enough to hurt anyone, but more than enough to surprise me. The metal objects on the table throw off sparks and Tomo’s hair starts to stand on edge. The opposite wall of the restaurant buckles, throws off a cloud of dust, and then falls unceremoniously away into the street (and thankfully not into the diners inside). My jaw drops. Did some stupid motherfucker just cast Mazionga outside?

Our waiter rushes up to our table in full panic mode. “Madame, Messieur! Due to acts of terrorism outside and a rupture of our eldritch containment system inside, I must inform you that we’re closing early for the night. Please leave at your earliest convenience!”

I want to protest, but given the lack of an important load-bearing wall, there’s little point. And maybe this is a good excuse to take Tomo home. “Can we have our entrees boxed up, then?”

The waiter shakes his head. “Madame, I would….if the kitchen weren’t currently swamped with tentacles and deep ones trying to kill everyone right now.”

I sigh. “Look, I’m not a health-and-divinity inspector, but abyssal containment seals are supposed to withstand Richter Nine quakes and S-rank jutsu. Did you guys not do regular appeasement rituals or something?”

“I wouldn’t know, Madame. You’d have to ask the manager, but he’s...indisposed.”

At that moment, a green light shines from the doors to the ktichen and a scale-covered, two-meter-tall Deep One smelling of abomination shit and wielding a trident bursts out of the door. I throw my hands up in frustration. Now I really do want to kill that missing-nin outside.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tomo was thankful for the laughter. It eased his tense body as he let out a small chuckle of his own. It really was a comical thing to say. He heard Saeko shift and watched her questioningly as she moved to sit next to him. "By all means." He thought to take off his jacket and drape it over her shoulders, but realized quickly that this was all an excuse to feel up his crotch. His face flushed, both from the ecstasy of Saeko's erotic touching, and the embarrassment of pitching a tent in public. He attempted to mentally suppress his body, but the whispers of sweet panty nothings in his ear was proving a powerful distraction.

She responded to his answer of the future, and he nodded with a smile. That did sound very much like him. Tomo would have missed the mention of we had it not been for Saeko's admittance to using the word. "Well, it's the truth. No matter what happens, we will be fine." Whether we're together or not. He didn't want to say that out loud, as pessimism is more often than not a mood killer. But he had to think it. He had to be realistic that his pathetic attempt at courtship might not win the day. Or there may even be something about Saeko that Tomo wouldn't be able to accept. He found that notion impossible at the moment. His horny, rose-colored glasses caused him to see her as quirky. Her domineering ways and drinking were endearing character traits, at least for now.

Tomo stared at her face, thinking how beautiful it looked, and wondered why he didn't see it before. Sure, he thought she was attractive the first time they met, but this couldn't compare. Seeing her eyelids lower, Tomo picked up the cue quickly. At least acting had taught him the body language of kissing. He too closed his eyes, tilting his head so their noses wouldn't get in the way. He could almost feel her lips in anticipation...

But Raiden would have none of that. Something pushed Tomo and Saeko apart, and Tomo's body began to tingle. Any shinobi with an affinity for lightning could feel the current in the air shift. This wasn't just Santaru playing with the weather. Something much more threatening was taking place. This notion was solidified as a nearby wall lost its fortitude, tumbling into the streets outside. The lack of a yell told that no one had been caught underneath the rubble. At this time the waiter came to inform the duo that they were to leave as soon as possible. Saeko asked for their food, but the appearance of a tentacle monster was enough for Tomo to lose his appetite for whatever it was he had ordered previously.

With his date perturbed, Tomo furrowed his brows in worry. He wasn't sure what to do. Sure, there was a monstrosity wreaking havoc in the restaurant now, thus it would seem obvious to leave. But at least he had seen and sized up that threat. Whatever was outside that had caused his mayhem, however, was unknown to him. Tomo looked out the crumbled wall, searching for some clue as to what would be waiting in the streets. Instead, he caught sight of a familiar face. "Tomo! Takaki-san! Oh thank goodness." Tomo's eldest sister, Sonoko, hopped over the debris and approached the two. "I was worried sick after the call-in at the gates. Kimiki had informed us about your date this evening in the Susukino district, and we feared the worst." At the mention of we, Takama, Saka, and Soko also entered the restaurant. The eldest brother spoke up. "Hey, I just came to make sure the Rusty Kunai was still intact. And are you trying to copy my image?" Tomo stood from his chair, ignoring Takama's question. "What call-in? Are we needed?" Sonoko looked to Saeko, smiled, and shook her head. "Well, you and Takaki-san are not needed. The four of us can handle clean up here, while Kimiki, Kiki, and Koko are keeping watch at the gate. Tama is...somewhere. I'm sure she'll pop up here when she finds out there's a monster to fight. If you should be required, we'll let you know." Only Saeko noticed a black hand rise from Tomo's shadow and reach into his pocket, stealthily removing the headset that would have been used to contact him. Sonoko returned her gaze to Saeko. "In the meantime, you two have fun. It's not every day a shinobi has time to enjoy a night on the town." Takama huffed. "Speak for yourself." Saka and Soko were already fighting off the abomination, with Soko kicking his legs frantically in the suction cup grasp of the tentacle fiend. "A little help?" Sonoko looked to her struggling brother and nodded. Giving the couple an encouraging wink, she melted into the shadows as Takama began throwing silverware at the beast.

Tomo watched for a moment before helping Saeko to her feet. "They can handle it. The more Mochizuki that gather in a fight, the stronger we become. Four will be plenty to take on creatures of the deep." He placed a hand on the small of her back, leading them out of the restaurant through the door. Tomo scanned the surrounding area, a frown coming to his lips. It hadn't been a training exercise after all. It had been a real fight, and he had spent it sitting nonchalantly in a restaurant, eating tentacles. He caught sight of a group of shinobi attending to three people on the ground. If he had been a Mednin, he would have stopped to help. But as a Main Brancher, he would have just been in the way. This would have to be a lesson to Tomo to stay more vigilante. It was easy to forget that the village wasn't impenetrable. There were ways to squeak through the cracks.

Leading Saeko away from the ruined section of the district, he remained quiet for a time, lost in his worry and thoughts. Finally, he stopped in front of a store. Reminding himself that this date wasn't over yet, he pushed the negativity away. He gave his Saeko a smile. "We can still salvage this...I think." He motioned for her to come into the store with him. "Wait here, I won't take long." He moving swiftly to the grocery section, picking out some ingredients. After paying for the goods, he returned to Saeko with a brown paper bag in his arm. "Alright, back to your place we go." It might have been arrogant to assume Saeko would let him so easily enter her home, but he figured he'd been there before. Not to mention his tent was out of the question. Tama was known to burst in at random, as well as other members of his family, and such an intrusion would be most unwelcome, even more so than usual.

Back at Saeko's apartment, Tomo courteously waited for her to give him permission to enter. Once within, he released his transformation, returning again to his braided hair and eastern attire. Slipping of his shoes, he made his way to the kitchen. Removing the contents of the bag, with the more notable ingredients of thinly sliced beef, rice, and an onion, Tomo gave his date an apologetic smile. "To be honest, there's only one thing I'm confident in making currently. It's not fancy in the slightest...but considering our day so far, hopefully you won't mind quick and easy." After three tries, Tomo found the two suitable dishes he required and rolled up his sleeves. He first went about preparing the rice and put it in the oven. Next he poured some liquids in a pan and brought it to a boil. He chopped the onion and put it in the sauce for a few minutes, and then placed the sliced beef. After twenty minutes of cooking and idle chitchat about taxes, Tomo put rice in two bowls, and poured the cooked beef and sauce over them. He placed a bowl in front of Saeko. "One beef bowl Madame."

[WC: 1355]
[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Panic rushes up my spine when my hand shoots to where the hilt of my blade would normally be. I’ve left the silver sword—you know, the one for monsters—back at the apartment. I didn’t anticipate having to deal with any accursed hybrids tonight, damn it all. Sure, I’ve got some firepower stowed away near my lady-bits, but those are loaded with hollowpoints, not explosive-tipped bullets cast from the melted cross of Saint Himura the Flagellant. Fortunately, the cavalry has arrived. I recognize Sonoko and Takama immediately, and despite the fact that we’re standing in the middle of a destroyed restaurant with a Deep One waving a trident around, I curtsey anyway.

“Hey,” I say with some forced cheer to the older siblings. “If someone has a blade for me, I’ll join…”

I actually don’t really want to help. I know it sounds horrible to say this and I’d never admit it in public, but I’m cranky and not in the mood for a fight—even alongside Tomo. The night’s been afflicted with the sort of strange, comically evil luck that seems to afflict all shinobi misadventures. The last thing I want is to end it smelling like compacted eel-slurry found at the bottom of the Marianas Trench. You knew that Dagon’s kin tend to fling their shit at anyone who attacks them, right?

Fortunately, Sonoko shuts down her younger brother’s idea real quick. I also notice the shadowy hand which snatches Tomo’s headset away without his knowledge. At this moment, I’ve never been more grateful to anyone. ”Thanks, Nee-san,” I whisper, and squeeze her hand.

Perhaps Tomo gets the message as well, because instead of boyishly insisting on interfering with his siblings’ efforts, he does the manly thing and offers to walk me away instead. I let myself by guided by his hand, and gingerly step through the rubble. I’m about to ask him if he wants to stop by my place for a drink, but as I open my mouth, I hear my own stomach rumble instead. My face reddens: nothing less romantic than random borborygmi. I’m also embarrassed because I realize that Tomo must also be hungry. We never got our entrees in the end.

“If you want, we can try and see if there’s another restaurant offering seating right now,” I offer. In the back of my mind I know that such a thing’s impossible at this time. “They never gave us a check, remember? Failing that, we could always get…uh, lasagna at Kitsune’s!”

Fortunately, Tomo has other ideas in mind. I quickly figure out what Tomo has planned, though I’m slightly worried as to what exactly he’s planning on cooking. If my romance manga haven’t lied to me for all these years, whatever he dishes out will be either food-porn or inedible dregs. But I’m still pleased at the sentiment. Even if he hands me a bowl of scummy dishwater I’ll chug it down, smile, and ask for seconds. All to preserve his pride.

Of course, I’ll vomit it all out later, but that’s a secret between you and I.

I let him into my apartment like it’s the most natural thing in the world—like we’ve been together for years and are in the process of consolidating our stuff. The realization hits me like an ice-cold slap in the face. I haven’t been this comfortable with someone else coming to my place since, well, Jo. For a moment, a moment, I need to hold my breath to prevent from hyperventilating. Doing the nasty with that dick-of-a-Marquess in a tropical shithole was merely biological. We felt urges, swapped fluids, and that was it. But Tomo provokes more than mere urges and secretions, and it scares me. If I fall in love with him—like I fell in love with Jo—does that mean I’m a slut?

While Tomo cooks, I fiddle with a dishrag to prevent my hands from shaking. It’s lucky for me that he seems hell-bent on cooking solo, since I’d probably have sliced a finger off in the state I’m in. We occupy ourselves with small-talk. I walk him through the differences between a 1040A and a 1040EZ tithe parchment. I tell him it’s better to actually need to pay the Kage a bit at the end of the year rather than get a refund since the latter means The Man actually got to use your money as an interest-free loan without your consent. Finally, we sit down on my couch and Tomo puts a niku-don in front of me.

It’s not quite worthy of a Michelin Star, but it’s not obviously poisonous, either. I take a piece and chew on the beef. It’s cheaper shoulder and thus chewier than sirloin tip (which would have been the ideal cut for this application) and Tomo like to use more sugar than I do for the demi-glace, but it’s surprisingly good.

“Tomo-sama, you’re pretty good at this,” I say. “When I make this I sometimes use a bit of diced ginger and crushed tsin-tsin peppers when I sauté the aromatics. Kicks it up a notch, like Emeriru says.”

We must both be hungrier than we’ve let on, because in a few minutes the bowls have almost been licked clean. I try to stifle the urge to belch, and fail. The urge to die of embarrassment competes with the pleasant haze of feeling lazy and full to bursting.

“Sorry!” I say with an involuntary giggle as I recline next to Tomo on my ratty cushions. “I’m really not a Lightning U frat lord in disguise! I also don’t usually overeat like that. Last thing I want you to think is that I’ll gain a hundred pounds if we go steady.”

I slowly meet his eyes, this time struck with a bashfulness that didn’t surface in the restaurant.

“It’s quiet outside…but I think whoever was fighting might still be out there. It might be safer…smarter…to stay inside until the sun comes up. Will you stay here? With me?"

Again, our fingers intertwine. My cologne has long-faded and we both reek of cooked onions, but the smell comforts me. Close to Tomo, fat and happy, I'm able to drown out the doubt and loathing, if only for the moment.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tomo relaxed on the couch, the light smell of onion permeating the room. In hindsight, onions were a very bad dinner choice. But at the time, Tomo could only think about wanting to please Saeko with a meal. His date let out a burp, and Tomo gave an awkward smile. He would be lying if he said it was cute, but it didn't really bother him. It was a bodily function, and it was a sign that she had enjoyed the meal well enough. "Eat what you want, when you want." He wasn't sure how else to say it. He had grown up in a family where his diet had been decided for him. Sure, he could splurge once in a while, but his role in the Mochizuki Troupe currently meant he needed to keep his figure. He knew how tough that could be, and he didn't want her to feel she had to meet some ridiculous standard that real women could never achieve. He mind played with the idea of his type. What body type, or body part, did he prefer? He gave Saeko a sideways glance, letting his eyes scan her frame. He was having a hard time deciding what was his favorite.

Tomo's inner debate was interrupted when Saeko asked if he would stay there tonight, and he lightly blushed. Was this her way of leading them to the bedroom? Or was she really concerned and making an obligatory offering of her couch? Not wanting her to feel she had to let him stay, Tomo went to pat his pocket with his free hand. "I'll be fine as long as I have my headse-" Tomo paused, his eyes narrowing as he felt the emptiness of his pocket. There was no need to search his body, he knew it wasn't on him. It seemed that one of his siblings had gotten plucky and snatched it at the restaurant. Any of them could have done it, all for different reasons. He sighed and gave an apologetic smile. "Actually, I think I will stay if you don't mind." Living near the gates had its downsides, one of them being its danger level at night.

Letting himself again settle into the couch, he focused on the fingers intertwined with his. Naughty thoughts crept to his mind, but he pushed them away. Come on Tomo. This is your first date. You technically aren't even boyfriend girlfriend yet. Even then, you shouldn't. ...Should you? The hormones raised the question. What was he waiting for exactly? He was a shinobi, thus his life expectancy was vastly lower than the average bear. He might not live to get married. Heck, he could live and just find that no one wanted to marry him. Then he would have waited for nothing. His eyes shifted to Saeko's face, but they didn't stay there long as they lowering to her bosom. A primal urge rushed over him, and all he could think about was wanting to hold them, squeeze them, lick them.

His face reddened, and he returned his gaze forward. Saeko was a person, not some object he could fondle. But now his thoughts were flooded with such actions. His body was growing hot, and his pants uncomfortable. He needed to act. She had shown her interest, her desires, and it was about time he reciprocated. Tomo started innocent, turning his head and giving the side of Saeko's forehead a peck. He didn't truly know what he was doing as he began to work his kisses down to her neck. His primal side reared up again, and his free hand moved to her breast. It stopped, hovering just before it. No, he was a gentleman. He lifted his lips to her ear. "May I?" It was a whisper, as he feared any loud noise would alert someone to their deeds and ruin the moment. He shifted his kisses to the crook of her neck as he awaited permission.

[WC: 661]
[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Thanks again, Sonoko. I owe you mad footrubs, goes through my head when Tomo realizes he doesn’t have his headset with him and decides to stay. I’m not sure what’s happening out there right now; the missing-nin has either bled to death in a ditch, or come the morrow he’ll be wearing the Kage’s robes and I’ll be setting up his tithe allocations. I wonder if he’ll be one of those wannabe-tyrants who wants to set a hundred-percent tax rate. If he tries pulling that crap, I’ve got a special, soul-crushing presentation for him with tables with numbers and p-values on why bleeding your subjects dry is a terrible idea. For extra mind-numbing effect, it’s all on PowerPoint.

Regardless, that’s neither here nor there. I’m not interested in the fate of nations of the balance of power. My parents were into that and they’re both dead. No, what I want right now is something else entirely. It’s wonderful and unique to humans and no amount of swordplay and childhood mutation can take it away.

Normally, I’d get irritated if Tomo brazenly ogled my décolletage as he’s doing now, but right now it’s his carnal appetite I want to stoke. I’ve known him for a relatively short time, but I’ve already seen more to him than most. I’ve seen his less-desirable aspects: vindictiveness, self-pity, and hypocrisy. But I’ve also seen the better angels of his nature: integrity, compassion, and grit. I admired the same things about Jo, and because of that I fell in love with him a long time ago. And thus I want Tomo as more than just a friend: I want him as a man. Thankfully, Tomo seems to want me as a woman.

His hand stops above my breast and, as the best of lovers always do, he waits and he asks despite knowing how much I yearn for him to simply take me right there.

I kiss him deeply on the lips and say: “Please, Tomo-sama.”

His fingers are tentative and tremor like the last leaves of fall. He’s unlike the other men I’ve been with, who at least acted like practiced Lotharios. At first, Tomo’s so respectful that it’s almost boring, but I avoid the urge to tease because I know there will be much more time for him to learn about what I like, and vice versa.

Piece by piece, our clothing forms a rumpled heap on the floor nearby. As expected, I’ve been the one doing most of the leading, but Tomo’s surprised me with glimpses of just how much of an appetite he must be holding back. His hands and his lips are like ravenous carnivores under restraint, and the more they nip at me the more I can’t stand to wait. Eventually, I take one of those hands and pull it between my legs. I push aside a thin strip of lace and guide his fingers.

It’s hard to not go limp against him and drool while he strums me like his finest ebonwood lute. Still, I maintain the presence of mind to also seek out Tomo’s most intimate of instruments. I’d only gotten a brief glimpse of it in the past, right before Belphegor so rudely kicked me in the backside, and I’m pleased that it’s lost none of its luster. When I start caressing it, though, Tomo loses the beat right as I’m about to crest into the mezzoforte.

I chuckle, get to my feet, and lead him to the bedroom. With any luck, there will be a lot of time to learn.

“Tomo-sama?” I mutter at him, many hours later. The sun’s about to crest over the horizon but the night-creatures still hum outside. Despite the fact that we’ve been doing everything but sleeping until perhaps the last hour or so, old habits die hard and I’ve awoken at the ass-crack of dawn like a good shinobi. If Tomo still pretends to sleep, it’s probably just for my benefit. I sit up in bed and gather my knees to my chest. Dawn is always a chilly time. “Can I ask you something?”

I mull over in my head how to best ask what I want to ask. Being with Jo was much easier in these sorts of moments, since he always seemed to have a plan. He was never ambiguous.

“What now? Or, what I mean to say is… Hm. Usually, in most of those romance manga, hell, even the hentai ones, once the protagonists make love, or kiss, or even …h-h-hold hands…” That latter is a bit too lewd, even for pillow-talk. “…the story usually ends. There’s just no continuation, because that’s not what the audience is interested in. But what about us? The heroes? What happens to us?”

I’m rambling again.
Good time to wrap this up? Also, I took some liberties with Tomo’s actions, hope you don’t mind. If you wanted some weird dysfunction to happen instead, or the Mochizuki troupe bursting in on our characters like a Chinese wedding party, then let me know!

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A ringing in Tomo's mind could be heard, like a voice constantly yelling for the man to stop. However, it was too late now. Tomo's hands were already moving, and he was no longer thinking with the appropriate head. He was thankful for the direction Saeko gave, as his inexperience was clear. Despite the heat fogging his mind, he remained conscientious to Saeko's feedback, doing his best to keep her euphoric. This became exceptionally difficult when she returned the favor. There wasn't a moment's hesitation for Tomo as Saeko led him to the bedroom. He lightly knocked the door closed with his foot for an extra hint of privacy.

</B>
***The Wee Hours of the Morning***​
<i>
</i>

Tomo moaned lightly as he heard Saeko call him, turning his body to face her. He mumbled, coherently enough to understand, but obviously slurred from fatigue. <B>"No sama." That honorific was used by the troupe staff and his fangirls. He saw Saeko as neither. The woman wished to ask a question, and Tomo sleepily pushed himself into a sitting position. Last night had worn him out, in a good way. He slipped his fingers into his hair and ruffled some pieces of paper from his bedhead. The first and second time they'd attempted the horizontal shuffle, Tomo had burst into confetti at the most inopportune time. He of course finished what he'd started for Saeko's sake, but it had certainly caused some frustration. Luckily the third time was the charm, and he successfully released without turning into flecks of paper. Seeing them reminded him of the embarrassment, as well as the pleasure, he felt, and he lightly swept the pieces off the bed.

Giving Saeko his full attention, he tilted his head questioningly. "What is it?" She asked what their futures held now. The first response that came to mind was 'hell if I know.' But that wasn't fair of him to say. For once, Saeko was showing her melancholy side, and it was Tomo's turn to comfort her. He had to at least give her some semblance of an answer. But try as he might, he couldn't find a solid response. He could lie and say this meant they would be together forever, but he didn't want to seem too idealistic, nor did he want her to feel she had to stay with him since she was his first. But he didn't want her to think this was some fling. Tomo hadn't laid with her just so he could say he wasn't a virgin anymore, he had done it because when he looked at her, felt her body on his, he believed that maybe there was somebody he could love, and be loved by.

Tomo's mind recalled a similar question she had asked him last night at the restaurant. A chuckle sounded in his throat upon realizing that they had already answered the question. "You said it yourself. We'll be fine." He slid in close, letting his bare hip press to hers. His hand slide around her, and his thumb caressed her smooth thigh. "Our lives can go any which way. We'll just take it slow." A rare smirk crept to his lips. "And we'll see if something pops out that pushes us to penetrate our limits." That thought excited him as he recalled the more successful moments last night. But he contained himself, as he didn't want to give the impression that he needed sex constantly now that he had tasted her forbidden fruit. He slid down, resting on his back and placing his hands behind his head. "I think the more pressing question at the moment is, are you a morning cuddler?"

Whatever the respond was, it could not stop the flow of time. Eventually Tomo had to dress, reluctantly, and be on his way home. If Raiden felt particularly kind, none of Tomo's family would be the wiser. Realistically, however, Tomo could bet that word had spread amongst the tents. The best he could hope for was that no one would be there to ridicule him this particular morning. But the Mochizuki had already used his luck on his date with Saeko. There was none left to save him from his family's mockery.

[Topic Left]
It was a pleasure rping with you. ;) I couldn't help but keep the confetti burst theme. Tomo can't get away without something going wrong.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back