Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Requesting Entry Insert Witty Title [Entering Village][Open]

This thread is marked as containing someone requesting/being allowed entrance into the village.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Note: I did not know what specific banner I should give myself so I will have to defer that until I am told what I am. This is not an attempt to circumvent any rules.
Edit: Banner was added Nov. 9.

IC:
The sun sets earlier in the winter months, the fleeting diurnal epoch heralded more than longer nights but also cooler days. A welcome respite to most desert-dwellers that came with the promise of life-sustaining water. The rainy season meant something different in Wind Country, the rain had nowhere to go on the rare day that the heavens unleashed their fury. The sand would become a thick, stubborn mire underfoot. It was a struggle to reach the gates, but not for threat of heatstroke but rather drowning in the depths of the muck that had formed beneath her. A different sort of peril that proved to be yet another innate hazard of Wind Country.

Wind Country was the sort of place where everything... absolutely everything can kill you.

To one as slight as Michi, she would look even smaller in the midst of these rains. Bundled in oil-soaked leathers, a shock of white peering from beneath the hood. The years had changed her physically, hardly the 'young', impetuous woman that defied the daimyo those years before. She had chosen to live a life of quiet reflection, inquiry and of course service to the steel crown. As an Oracle, she remained a scribe who documented the passage of days, months, years and even decades. She studied the mundane and the fantastic and upon treading truly treacherous waters, she had decided it was time to report in.

Twenty-four years passed in the blink of an eye. She had changed little, less her hair which had turned salt-and-pepper before proper-grey and now a snowy white. Her characteristic golden eyes and angular, somewhat plain features were for the most part unchanged, just aged. A satchel slung over her back, shifted restlessly with her movements as she found herself at the foot of Primus' Bulwark Gate. Who named this thing? She was left to silently wonder as she called out to the shinobi on watch this evening. "Hello," she called. There was no tone of inquiry, she was certain that even if unseen, that they were there. She would wait (until a PC or a faceless NPC addressed her) and simply state, "my name is Michi. I am looking to meet with Kazekage Ryuzaki Raizō or one of his Sennins." If, or rather when she was asked for some sort of identification, she would be able to provide none. "I am unfortunately unable to positively identify myself," there would be no passport in her possession. "But I can provide this," a small silver trinket with the mark of the Oracle order embossed on the face. It was an old piece, predating the current baubles by over thirty years. Something that could have easily been stolen from a corpse, traded for a hot meal or lost in the dunes.

"I remand myself into your custody until we meet either the present Kazekage or one of his Sennins," she announced, not particularly fussed by the scenario of a being seen as an intruder. She had been an intruder previously. She had caused terrible suffering and it was through their mercy that she lived on and she was now able to finally return the favor. "But time is a valued commodity even if so much has passed. I find myself rather anxious to address the present ruling party of this village and I hope that the time I spend with them can be both brief and amicable." She would pull back her rain-soaked hood, rivulets would pour off her back to reveal a rather plain-faced woman that appeared younger than her assumed age. Her previously cropped tresses had grown long and somewhat thin, unruly and not particularly defined. Her features small, fine lines creased her forehead and the corners of her eyes, there was residual evidence of mud or perhaps pain smeared on her brow that had for the most part been washed away. She was not an intimidating woman but her endurance would suggest that she was not all that she seemed.

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin was checking in with the front gate, where he often found his connection with the ANBU Branch working, but today it seemed that the working staff was a little thin. To help his allies some Shin decided to stay for a few hours to pick up a shift to get a break from the Omni Prime Medical Facility.

”Hello, welcome to the Bulwark Gates, may I ask-“ He stopped speaking as he saw the symbol of the Oracles. A brow raised.

”नमस्ते बहन, क्या मैं पूछ सकता हूँ कि आप लॉर्ड रायज़ो से किस बारे में बात करना चाहती हैं? दुर्भाग्य से इस समय सत्ता में सेनिन हैं क्योंकि नवनियुक्त काज़ेकेज अभी भी अपने दावेदारों की समीक्षा कर रहे हैं।“

Shin would speak in Formal Terran, the language only known by Oracles to see how she would respond. If this Michi recognized the tongue then her identity would be confirmed, if she didn’t he would have to assume she took the bracelet from a downed ally of his.

”My name is Chikamatau Shin, Overseer of the Chikamatsu Clan and the Omni Prime Medical Facility’s Medical Chief of Research and Development. While we await for Lord Raizo’s attention to be met, is there anything I can assist you with as one of the Heads of the Medical Branch? “

As he spoke he would not break eye contact as his twin sister, Kohana, would materialize as she walked out of his body and headed to one of the guard stations to send a summons to the Kazekage’s Tower.

Hello sister, may I ask what it is you wish to speak to Lord Raizo about? Unfortunately at this time there are now Sennins in power as the newly appointed Kazekage is still reviewing his contenders
[Requesting Raizo]

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
You need to decide what kind of shinobi you want to be... you need a focus.

This was some advice he was given, as it seemed that just being a Genin was necessarily a focused profession. Would he join a sub-branch? Would he continue in the Main Branch? He wasn't entirely sure what all he wanted to do with his life. He did know a couple of things, however, and one of them was that some shinobi guard the gates. Could he be a gate guarding type shinobi?

Only one way to find out!

With that, he would spend the day hanging around the gate and just observing what shinobi who did it for a job, whether full-time or just part-time, happened to do during such a role. It seemed rather simple and a little mundane, but maybe that made it the best job? Did he really need to feel the rush of danger? The voice inside his head, his Hunger, would disagree.

It would allow me to see a lot of new people, that's a plus, right?

The day was mostly a lackadaisical one, that was until a strange woman approached the gates. He wasn't sure why, but something drew him to her. Standing up, he would slowly begin to make his way towards her.

Do I know her?

No, that couldn't be it.

Have I seen her somewhere before?

That also didn't feel right, and at the same time, both sort of felt correct.

HER.

He would pause in his progression forward. It was the first time in a long while that he heard the Hunger talk.

HER. HER. HER. HER! HER! HER!! HER!

"Her...?"

His words would be faint as he would not be looking at the woman at the gates, but then his eyes would drift up towards her.

"You?"

The young man who did fully understand what he was, his hybrid nature or of the Wild Hunt, would stand bewildered and confused before a woman he merely wanted to speak to someone who wasn't him.

He would pause when the other, more prestigious and composed individual would appear, and attempt to actually help her.

Embarrassed, he would merely gulp out "Oops..." with a nervous chuckle and then attempt to flee the scene.

Vysalrc.gif

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was patient. Time was a commodity for some but she had more than most. She would be met by a lean, blonde man. Her head would cock to the side like a curious bird as she made a brief assessment. Little can truly be gleaned from a man's physique beyond what a man wants the world to see. Features such a masculinity, androgyny, femininity was surface level. The gleam of armor, the regalia of one's position, the vestments of one's role dictates a life of service, discipline and dedication. The lack said something else entirely, not necessarily a duplicitous nature or a shameful sentiment, sometimes a lackadaisical approach to life or a need to express oneself in a unique manner. So she was curious to see the sort of man that met her.

She would find herself faced with the dichotomy of first impression would meet her at the Sunan gate. First, a teen. Young enough to be her grandson. He had the social grace of a feral child. She was addressed in the third person - Her. She. Me. It mattered not, she was not here for idle small-talk. "My name is Michi. I am looking to meet with Kazekage Ryuzaki Raizō or one of his Sennins."

You.

The second person, indeed. "Yes-- if I am you, her, also me. But I am you in reference to myself, not in reference to you-you."

A second person, rather than the literary point of view would arrive and would welcome her to the gates. ”Hello, welcome to the Bulwark Gates, may I ask-“ She would repeat herself and she would give what little she had to display her alleged identity. Not that it meant much. A lie, a stolen trinket, a clever manipulation or ruse. She was no liar, there was nothing to learn or share from lies.

”नमस्ते बहन, क्या मैं पूछ सकता हूँ कि आप लॉर्ड रायज़ो से किस बारे में बात करना चाहती हैं? दुर्भाग्य से इस समय सत्ता में सेनिन हैं क्योंकि नवनियुक्त काज़ेकेज अभी भी अपने दावेदारों की समीक्षा कर रहे हैं।“ (Hello sister, may I ask what it is you wish to speak to Lord Raizo about? Unfortunately at this time there are now Sennins in power as the newly appointed Kazekage is still reviewing his contenders)

It was uncommon for someone to use formal Runic. She paused for a moment, he had such a young face for an Oracle. Good for him. He will have longer time to learn. A pragmatic sentiment. सून्स हेवन के नीचे कुछ भयानक हलचल हो रही है। मुझे खुद से भी बड़ी किसी चीज़ की ज़रूरत है। (Something terrible stirs beneath Soon's Haven. I am in need of something greater than myself.)

His tongue would return to common -- Chikamatau Shin, Overseer of the Chikamatsu Clan and the Omni Prime Medical Facility’s Medical Chief of Research and Development. "To clarify, do you Chikamatau Shin learn or do you Chikamatau Shin treat," she inquired as he promised to summon Lord Raizo. Not that she was in need of medical attention, but she could not say the same for many of the residents in Soon's Haven. "Either skill would be welcome and feared in Soon's Haven," making his answer truly only relevant to sate her curiosity. "There is a wasting illness in Soon's Haven afflicting the extremes in the social strata. This will have political ramifications in Soons Haven that will undermine the very structure of Wind Country. Proving to be both an opportunity for some and for other the decimation and end of their reign." But that was not why she was there.

A woman would materialize behind him, like a ghost walking through the great bulwark. She would break eye contact with Chikamatau, eyeing the wall and evidence of her departure. She was not cautious, she was curious. A facet of her persona she would do little to hide in true Oracle fashion. "Who is she?" Not what, but rather who. A much more important and interesting question. She would nod in the direction of the departed girl, provide a verbal description of her appearance if required almost mechanically, prioritizing things like height, weight, shoe size and dimensions rather that subjective descriptions such as "fair" or "pretty."

WC: 701 [MFT]

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would grin as the woman seemed to know his speech. Her identity as an Oracle had been confirmed in his book, granting her safe passage for the time being.

”I learn, study, evolve, teach, and in occassion… treat.“ He said with a soft grin. While he was no physician nor surgeon, his skills were no different. The creation and maintenance of Homunculi only slightly differed from the treatment humans would require to maintain a positive and impactful life.

”If there’s an illness I can send some of my homunculi that way to research and bring back reports as to not risk human lives if it’s not required.“

He would flip through some paperwork before pulling out a blank identification form that allows for temporary use as a passport and Id while within the village.

”If you could fill this out with basic personal identification and, if you’re chakra sensitive a chakra signature to act as a temporary ID while within the Sunan Walls until proper identification can be procured.“

He looked over his shoulder back at Kohana, not really paying too much kind to the Genin at the gates standing confused.

”Kohana, she’s my sister, why do you ask?“

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She would toss some words his way, but the other two would choose to ignore him. He would take this as a net positive outcome, as he wasn't sure what all he should or shouldn't be doing in such a situation.

She smells familiar right?

It would be an odd question that resonated from within his mind, from the voice that he still wasn't sure if it was a figment of his imagination or something separate.

What an odd thing to say Hunger... do I typically smell people? Is you smelling them some weird way of saying that I can smell them... because even if you are more than just some weird fractured personality split I manufactured to deal with trauma, it would imply that you'd be using my nose to smell since you don't have a body... or my body is your body because you are just me.

You ruin everything. You know that, right?

"Right!"

He would say confidently, before quickly realizing he said that out loud and not internally.

Without wasting any more time on embarrassing himself, he would successfully flee the scene, but not before turning around and looking once more at Michi.

Is she... like me?

Vysalrc.gif
OOC: Topic Left

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She would shake her head side to side when he offered to supply a homunculus. "That will not be necessary," she claimed, but she did not elaborate on why. In truth, their aide would be welcome to the poorest among them. To the upper echelon, perhaps not so much because they had much to hide. She was not there to protect the Merchant Lords, but rather to satisfy her personal ends. The suffering of civilians in a plutocratic city was tragic but not her concern. She was single-minded in her ambition and in her journey. Further, she did not trust what was made.

The strange pink-haired teen was still there. She was not sure why. If this was relevant, but she was paying attention.

That, no he was a strange experience. Can a boy be an experience? Well, Roku was. An unsettling one honestly, as the strange pink-haired boy awkwardly made his appearance and then abruptly shouted 'Right' out of the blue. Right, the girl was Kohona. Right that she needed to fill out this paperwork. Right in response to a spoken word she could not hear. She would have no idea that he was talking to something within himself. She would have no idea that there was an eerie duality within the odd youth that would turn heel and flee without so much as a basic valediction. She would ask, of course he was departed already but perhaps he heard her parting inquiry - "who are you?" A name that was better left unsaid in truth, the moniker would have froze her blood and left her with a breathless pain even a learned woman such as her would not understand.

She would return her attention, which was only briefly departed, back to Chikamatsu Shin. There was always some level of bureaucracy that coincided with civilization. She would fill out her demographic and biometric, her chakra signature was rather unique in part due to her 'condition' which was neither asked or volunteered. She was what she was, not more and no less. "I like knowing who is surrounding me, watching me, aiding me and trying to kill me. Knowing a name gives them a tag in my mind, a box which is neatly labeled so that I can know where to find what I know about them. Also, I learn a lot about someone when I ask them someone else's name." She paused for a moment and met his eyes. "You did not use a surname for her but you had for yourself, you also made reference to your positions and your clan when introducing yourself. She was just your sister, a curiosity." Did it mean that he was keeping secrets? That he only saw her as a sister and nothing more out of affection or narcissism. That he valued her as a person and saw himself as merely a part of something. Assessment incomplete, further inquiry would be required. "How you refer to someone is almost as valuable as who they actually are."

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would take the paperwork as it was finished, minimal details were required and it would coil up and compress into a miniature scroll no larger than the nail on your thumb. As it landed in his hand he would push it to the side with his thumb, causing it to replicate itself. Shin would hand the replica back to Michi.

”That’s true, but at the same time, it is not my place to speak on her behalf, she isn’t one to enjoy pleasantries with others. I introduced myself with my position in both the Sunan Government and Culture as you came in wishing to speak to those with authority, and I wished to assure you that your request has been heard by someone as close to the Kazekage as possible in our current political situation. Kohana on the other hand, has no desire to speak with you.“

He smiled softly, gesturing to the side where there appeared to be a door on the side of a building.

”If you would like to rest here and possibly freshen up, please be comfortable. Lord Raizo should arrive soon.“

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He had received a summons to the gates. All he could do was let out a sigh as he approached the window of his office, perched on the 10th floor of the tower. It wasn't that he had grown bored or distasteful of the role of Kazekage, far from it. It was simply that some of the tasks that he was summoned for seemed less like something that needed him and more that someone just wanted him. The figurehead spectacle role of Kazekage was wearing on him, while the leader of the village and military-minded sides were his true enjoyment. And yet, he knew it was all one and the same at the end of the day.

"I wish Yu was here, maybe I could have sent her in my place..."

He would mutter to himself before stepping up on the window sill and then leaping out of his window. Plummeting to the ground at a rapid pace, chakra would begin to collect and mold into the base of his feet as he crouched down, almost as if he was now attempting to cannonball to the ground below. However, by the time he reached the sixth floor, he would thrust his legs down with the collected chakra, causing him to almost pause in mid-air as he seemingly pushed off of thin air. Chakra Jumping was the formal name, he preferred Sky Walking.

The force would propel him for a distance, but as soon as his body started to come down he would exert another burst of chakra from his feet, giving the appearance that he was lunging across the sky. Each prolonged step would release an audible noise that sounded like a large balloon popping. Within no time he would see the gates of the village and would begin his descent.

Coming down, he would hit the ground, sliding across the surface until coming to a stop several feet away from people, as it was impolite to kick up a cloud of dust and sand on guests and people in general. Once everything settled, he would dust himself off and approach the trio of Shin, Kohana, and an unknown person.

"Hello there Chikamatsu Siblings--" he would say with a smile and wave as he continued his approach, "--and hello there new person who was requesting me! How may I help you today?"

Upon his face would be his trademark large smile, upon his back his green and white Kazekage Hat. The rest of his attire was rather casual for most places, but for the desert, it made a lot of sense. Baggier pants, an unbuttoned and loose-fitting red shirt, and a Kazekage coat that rested on his shoulders.

tZ0XZMs.gif

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
”That’s true, but at the same time, it is not my place to speak on her behalf, she isn’t one to enjoy pleasantries with others. I introduced myself with my position in both the Sunan Government and Culture as you came in wishing to speak to those with authority, and I wished to assure you that your request has been heard by someone as close to the Kazekage as possible in our current political situation. Kohana on the other hand, has no desire to speak with you.“

He did it again. Just Kohana. An explanation that she is not the talking kind. That Kohana had no desire to speak with her. If she had an ego, it might have gotten bruised just then. "That is true," she conceded. Her faith in the answer was dubious. "At least she is not lonely," she added, not that she had a particular sentiment attached to the idea. She was an intensely lonesome creature, by nature, by sometimes choice and by most of all her choices. In the time since, the world had moved on and she had remained for the most part unchanged in all things except the decay of time.

He offered her a chance to freshen up. Some would welcome the opportunity after a long journey to find a change of clothes, to run a comb through their hair, to place a bit of lip gloss or give the girls a lift. She was never the type to preen, even in her youth when she might have been considered a beauty 'if she tried.' Try what? To lure a man with a false promise. The make-up would wash off eventually and eventually they would know the horrible, perhaps hideous truth. "Does looking better earn the Kazekage's favor?" She had not met him, media coverage of him was certainly slanted with journalistic intention. Unfounded rumors from 'reliable',unnamed sources and panic inducing headlines claiming illness, injury, lust, incompetence or negligence would undermine the country, traditional family values or daresay the way of life in the rest of Wind Country. One could never take much stalk in what was written in the paper and she rarely did, but basic things like names, dates, and images were valuable and earned a place in her mind.

She did not bother to freshen up, in fact she remained in the rain.

The rain felt cool, new. It washed away the muck and the mire. The sweat and the filth of the day, of the trials and of the tribulations endured to this point.

When he arrived, there were several things to note. First, he came with no guard. Second, he was only partially dressed. She could see his sternum, good God man, have some shame! Still he was cleaner than her and he had a massive white kazekage hat perched on his head in case anyone had been living under a rock for the past *cough* several years. Third, there was no formality to his greeting and he did not use her name. Had he been summoned without knowledge of such and if so did he still decide to come unarmed?

She would clasp her hands behind her back and look up at the Kazekage. A little over a foot taller, she had a natural antipathy towards those with excessive height even if she restrained her features. She was wearing attire that appeared to be homespun, rough collar and stiff materials that failed to give her body a womanly form. Her oil-soaked leather cloak over her shoulders and her rain-soaked head exposed. She was not seeking an anonymous meeting, "I am the Oracle known as Michi, formerly Fuu. Former associate of the Cabal, of Diamyo Ishii Shiro and mother by blood to Ishii Shiro's son Ishii Shouki, known murderer and anarchist, member of the Cabal and subject of Nao. I was given respite," she chose to not use the term 'pardon' because that was technically untrue "and had an amicable relationship with the former Kazekage Takahashi Sousuke and have been recognized as a Jounin-ranked ANBU in Sunagakure but I have technically only served in the capacity of a scribe. I have spent the past two decades in the desert, studying ancient sites of habitation, attempting to uncover the mysteries and the wonder of a world long-ago passed and to better understand what makes Wind County so unique." In a place such as Sunagakure where the environs is so inhospitable, life continues to not only flourish but become a nexus for powerful men, dangerous creatures and devastating power.

She would finally attempt to step out of the rain. Rivulets of mud would run off of her, murky footprints in her wake as she opened her leather satchel. Inside, an oil-soaked cloth wrapped around something oblong. She would unwrap the book, a book that was similar to Sanban but penned by a different author - her. A strange, thin leather bound book with handmade pages would be relinquished and let out an audible sigh as it entered (assumedly) the hands of the Kazekage. "In my years of study, I have encountered the mundane and the fantastic, the bizarre and the expected, but..." she gestured towards the book that was either in Raizo's hands, perhaps Shin's, or left on a table or other neutral space. The book would open on its own and turn to a page, 2023. "I found something new," or rather something old and forgotten. "More accurately, lost and hidden and I have gleaned from this experience the fact that the Oracles of the most ancient of our Orders have obfuscated portions of our history, not to make a more palatable narrative but rather to hide a hidden, forgotten truth that bridges life and death, creation and destruction to a force. A God," not that she believed in such things. "Or a monster of unfathomable power," the pages in the book would detail pictograms of men and women sacrificing themselves to a bird-headed creature. Just stories, children's tales meant to scare babies back into the warmth and safety of their beds. A creation story. A hoax...

Only, she believed it for whatever reason. The page turned, in pencil they would find photorealistic images of cloaked men and women entering the basement of a rather regal estate in what appeared to be Soon's Haven. Not the residence of a Merchant Lord, but considering the size and vast signs of excess, someone likely Merchant Lord adjacent. "There is a religion that appears to be reforming, and I say reforming because I have seen the signs of worship - the chanting and the incense. I also say reforming because the structure I have taken the images from on the page previous were aged a span of at least decades" indeed plural. "Although I can only err to speculate, I believe much longer. A fact," the book would close on its own with almost a growl and she would reach for the book. "...that truly concerns me is the fact that I had been unaware of this ancient religion in spite of my vast resources, my years of academia and my voracious hunger" for she hungers too "to learn. This means that this religion, whatever it was... was destroyed so completely that we destroyed recorded history referencing it. That gives way to my concern today that there is something beyond myself that is brewing in Soons Haven and that I would be derelict in my duties to not at least mention this change." If she was not prevented from doing so, she would take the cloth that covered the book and once again wrap the book carefully before returning the book to the satchel. "I am sorry to disturb your day," she eyed Chikamatsu Shin if he was still standing there as she added "Lord Raizo." She mentioned before, she found it curious how one addresses the other. Be it by their full name, a casual nickname, a title or some other designation. Shin referred to him as Lord Raizo, another oddity. "It is a long journey back to Soons Haven, so I will take my leave."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would chuckle slightly when the woman asked about trying to gain the Kazekage's favor by looking nice. "No, that's not what I was saying, you just seem to have had a long travel and taking a moment to use the facilities, grabbing a drink of water, or perhaps even a small snack can often times be welcomed." Not much more conversation could be had before Lord Raizo would arrive as he was summoned to speak with this woman.

As the Kazekage would approach the scene a flutter of chakra would cause for a sheet of paper to appear, simply floating behind Shin's shoulder as it seemed to elongate like a textile being formed on a loom. Though Raizo nor Michi could see what was being written on the scroll, words would begin to write themselves in Formal Terran as Shin utilized his Secret Art: Doctrine Seal jutsu to take a highly detailed report of what was being said and what the participants at the scene were doing: their mannerisms, their speech pattern, their body language.

CRPJ's Effect: Allows the user to document events happening by having chakra form paper. The paper floats in the air near the caster as the caster's Mind Thread Jutsu links to the paper allowing ink to appear on the materialized document taking detailed notes on the actions, thoughts, or any other information desired. As the details lengthen so does the paper, naturally rolling into a scroll. Upon completion of the jutsu the paper tightly roles into a scroll and ink forms a seal keeping the information private until the caster connects their Mind Thread Jutsu to unravel the seal.

Shin's eyes narrowed slightly. He had heard of the Cabal when he was young, first training to be a Shinobi. Back when the Sovereign, the Cabal, and the likes of the Daimyo were a horrendous threat to Sunagakure. He even heard whispers in the Kazekage Tower when he was delivering flowers as a child. A surge of spiritual energy would be launched from Shin to Raizo, a near invisible thread, one that only those gifted with Doujutsu could see, to allow the Yamanaka to speak with the Kazekage telepathically so that Michi could not hear him.

`Lord Raizo, if this woman is who she says she is, should we be concerned for the village safety? I know I am not ANBU, but I am a Jounin at your call. Simply say the word and I will assist in the ways that I can. While she can claim to have had a relation with Lord Sousuke, her claims to be connected to the Cabal should carry weight, especially if she wishes to leave so soon.`

CRPJ's Effect: Allows the Yamanaka to cast a soul thread from their psyche to attach to others, creating a temporary link allowing those connected to pass thoughts, whether verbal, visual, or emotional, freely until the thread is severed by either party. The thread itself is very similar to the chakra threads used by Puppet Masters, but is significantly smaller and is practically invisible to the naked eye unless the viewer has an enhanced vision thanks to a Doujutsu similar to the Sharingan or the Byakugan. The thread is extremely flexible and can pass through physical objects for it is made of pure energy but can only extend to the distance of a few hundred meters before naturally snapping. As the thread is stretched a delay can become present as it takes longer for the mental energy to travel across the ever thinning strand, but maintaining close proximity can make the users feel as if they are sharing one mind due to the speed of the transfer on the thicker thread.

Though invisible to all that would look, if Raizo would accept the Mind Thread Jutsu the presence of the Persona known as Kohana would be seen partially standing behind the woman, blade drawn. The sister of the Overseer was still an illusion, a specter without true physical form. Her eyes steady and her form tight, ready to act if need be. Shin didn't want to start a fight, and he hoped his tone of his voice would convey that, but if this woman was not allowed to leave despite her wishes, he would do his best to assist the Kazekage in apprehending her, but likewise, if he wished to allow her to leave with no issues being forced, he would stand down and allow her to leave safely.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The stranger before him sure was an interesting character. She very bluntly and openly stated who she was, including some things that he believed Sunans might not take lightly, and just like that was going to leave.

So, was her purpose to ask for help and she just didn't? Another weird at the gates... I think this entry point is haunted... or cursed.

It would be at that point Shin would start their mind link.

Haha, that tickles... at least I think it tickles... can mental stuff tickle?

He would stop before entering the territory of existential dread due to quantifying the phantom sensation manufactured by his mind.

Oh, Kohana... oh, Kohana, umh wait. Hey, Shin, while I don't disagree with your cautiousness, in fact, I really do appreciate it. Let me see something right quick because something isn't adding up for me.

"Formally Fuu, currently Michi--welcome back to the village, Ryuzaki Raizo, you are welcome to just call me Raizo. It seems you have something very important to get back to, and I want to thank you for sharing the information but I have 3 questions;"

He would raise up one finger, his index.

"1. If not serving as too much of an inconvenience, why don't you come into the village to get a meal, dry off, and maybe get a little rest, before returning on your trek?"

He would bring up his middle finger, now displaying two extended fingers.

"2. And this might just be a sub-question of my first one, but if you refuse to come in because you are pressed for time, would you be willing to take on a restock of supplies and a meal to go?"

Finally, his ring finger would pop up to make a trio of digits.

"3. Before you go, shouldn't you discuss what you are needing to help with this potential threat?"

Numbers 1 and 2 were an act of kindness, especially in the rain and traveling alone. Number 3 was more of what he wanted to know.

"You bring this information, you give it to us, and I assume you were hoping for action. I'm pretty straightforward, so it feels like you were hoping we would do something with this information, and surely I could just appoint a group to go out there and check, but that feels like I'm blindly acting when the perfect guide is right here" he would say as he pointed to Michi.

"So, if I can't convince you to stick around for a bit to take care of yourself, I would at least hope you'd share what you need from me, from the village, to assist in determining the level of this potential threat and/or how to resolve it. You are an Oracle, I don't need you fighting on our behalf, but your instruction would be crucial in making sure we get to where we are needed. You can then just sit back and observe, that's the role, right?"

The Ryuzaki attempted to mimic The Orders in their own structure, along with several other things from Sunan culture he would come to learn once joining the village, so he wasn't oblivious to what the roles were for each. Additionally, he had spent time interacting with the Orders in the village as they still attempted to find their footing and establishment, so he was even more personally involved in their ongoings than maybe previous Kazekages.

What he didn't know was Michi. She could very well just be a traditional Oracle, but it seems like she was used to working and living alone. Her isolation probably made her a killer at her role but also made it harder to read.

While I don't think she is a threat, I also don't think she is being 100 percent truthful. That said, if Sousuke trusted her, I think I am willing to do so as well. The guy is far too trusting, to almost a detriment, but ultimately his judge of character is not far off. Besides, if she tries to pull something we can just take her down. She clearly is tough, she has made sure to subtly tell us that by explaining her past; she is a survivor... there is something sad about her. I know she does show it or act it, but how could she not be with what she has went through? She also doesn't strike me as dumb, which if she was coming here to start trouble, clearly telling us who she is and her past involvement with terrorist would be the dumbest route to travel Hahaha!

"Sousuke, for better or worse, seems to be really enjoying his retirement. I could tell him you are here, or at least that you stopped by if you wish?"
tZ0XZMs.gif
MFT - 775

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No, that's not what I was saying, you just seem to have had a long travel and taking a moment to use the facilities, grabbing a drink of water, or perhaps even a small snack can often times be welcomed."

There was a pause. A moment for mental shenanigans between Shin and Raizo. She would not know what transpired between them. She would not act or react, but the delay was unsettling. There was a fifty percent chance that this home-coming would go poorly.

"Formally Fuu, currently Michi--welcome back to the village, Ryuzaki Raizo, you are welcome to just call me Raizo. It seems you have something very important to get back to, and I want to thank you for sharing the information but I have 3 questions;"

"Thunder and creation it is," she replied. Her eyes darting to either side, she was attempting to determine if this was a stall tactic or an overabundance of caution. Her hands would open and close at her sides thrice, just in case. "I am malleable," she announced barely audibly with an exhale. Remain calm. Do not react. Do not run. Do not show fear. Words that meant nothing to the duo, but they were words of power to those like her. A mantra or sorts. Grounding words. "Go on."

"One. If not serving as too much of an inconvenience, why don't you come into the village to get a meal, dry off, and maybe get a little rest, before returning on your trek?"

She did not answer.

"Two. And this might just be a sub-question of my first one, but if you refuse to come in because you are pressed for time, would you be willing to take on a restock of supplies and a meal to go?"

A second request to enter. An order perhaps worded as a request. She was thinking, the gears in her head would indeed turn unseen.

"Three. Before you go, shouldn't you discuss what you are needing to help with this potential threat?"

From last to first, she would answer his inquires. Raising her own hand, forearm bare she would echo his three. "I need no help and neither do you. The existence of this organization, this forgotten and uncovered threat is what I know for certain. I intend to assess this finding further. For that I require nothing. However, there is no way that this finding will prove irrelevant. The history of Wind Country is based on ancient powers, old religion and the power from... sources" she chose to not say Gods because she had seen the Gods of this world and mortals scrape the heavens with their swords and cut them down. "We never understood the hybridization process, but we know that it is indeed possible," she was one afterall, but she was not proof. The others, however, were. "We never understood Nao's power and while he has absconded to Tea Country with the Daimyo in tow, we have never understood why the Otokage and his men were so interested in what should be an inhospitable wasteland. It is an illogical paradigm that has pervaded our... no, my understanding." She had not lied to them once during this brief encounter, but she was not saying everything. Even now as she laid out -why- she was concerned, she failed to explain why she needed to tell them specifically. Why this was as she put it 'beyond her.' The truth was, she knew. She knew that this was a link back to a decades old mystery, the reason for the blood and the loss. That with this uncovered, interest in Wind Country would resume and old threats would be soon knocking on their door, destroying this era of relative peace.

A finger lowered. Two. Then another one lowered. One. "As for the respite and supplies. It seems that you are one of the only ones to have ever asked me the right question," Raizo was an accidental genius it would seem. Although, neither generation understood why the right question was so important. She would drop the henge she maintained.

1700082864570.png

She was unchanged, true evidence of permanency. The shadows would seem a bit livelier about her, the rain hid how cold it truly was in her presence. A familiar, insidious essence that seemed to pervade her still small, otherwise unassuming form. They would know it if they knew Mikaboshi, Lord of the Glomming Court. She was a first generation hybrid and for that reason, she was not entirely human. As a member of the Deep Court, she could not lie. There were certain compulsions that dictated her actions, her choices. "And the reason is because I do not wish for you to die." A simple but cryptic statement that some might take as a threat even if no threat was intended. "I carry with me the threat of annihilation. Sunagakure cannot truly trust me for what I am - a hybrid, a member of the Cabal, the Sovereign, mother of a monster. I am inexorably bound to Mikaboshi, Lord of the Glomming Court. Humanity and Ancient-kind are at odds, you are afterall food." She reminded them of the tenuous relationship, a fact about Ancients that was perhaps easier to ignore. "And even if you can find it in your heart to trust what you should not," she was trying to push them away as she had those that came before them. Also, while not stated it was very much implied that she feared that she would not be allowed to leave. "I am wanted by the Daimyo who is very much alive and well," she reminded them. He was last seen being taken by Ichi, but he never returned to his throne of blood and fire. Finally the Merchant Lord, Hisamura Mako, the Leafed Emerald had taken his seat. It was better left empty, than filled by the Daimyo's consort. "Daimyo Ishii Shiro is immortal, his failure to return to the Palace of the Glorious Immortal means that he is either being restrained" by his allies logically and this was doubtful "or he has found something of greater importance than being the ruler of everything, destroying the final sovereign outpost in Wind Country, Sunagakure. He is not an idle man, merely a patient one," she warned. That simply opened up additional questions - who would take Mako's seat among the Merchant Lords or would she serve as both a Merchant Lord and as regent Daimyo? Why was the mantle of Daimyo not passed on to one of his sons - Ishii Susumu, his middle child had been groomed since infancy for this role. "I am also hunted by my son, through him I leave in my wake only death." In so many more words, the truth of the matter was she had been running this entire time. And now as she stands here before a pair of strangers, she also begins to fully grasp the brevity of human life, of endurance and that she was alone not because she got those that mattered to her killed killed, but because they finished living their lives. She would be hit with an intense wave of loneliness with that revelation.

...And

She stopped, a half smile that did not meet her eyes.

"Sousuke, for better or worse, seems to be really enjoying his retirement. I could tell him you are here, or at least that you stopped by if you wish?"

"Yes, please," she answered before she realized the crack in her own facade. Sousuke was never as close to her as Sennin Kazuki and Roku where but they were for the most part on good terms and the fact that he lived a long enough human life that he could retire was so very rare. She was a valued resource during the years of Anarchy. She served Sunagakure well and provided the framework to revive the Orders, and Sousuke had become an accomplished Journeyman in addition to being Kazekage. He led an illustrious career indeed. Yet, she did not miss him, only the loneliness did. The yearning for familiarity. Sousuke and her were cohorts, collaborators even but they were not friends. "But I would prefer to see Sennin Roku," if a more familiar visitor was allowed. She had always harbored a kind sentiment towards the meat-headed Sennin, his heart was in the right place in spite of the hell he lived and the fact that problem-solving usually involved punching something. Not to mention, of all the Sovereign children, he was one of the only ones to make it out intact. While his experiences could not be recalled for reasons unknown to Michi, they had a shared experience that tethered them in solidarity.

WC: 1470 [MFT]

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would hear Raizo’s words and while he respected them, Kohana would not lower her invisible blade. Shin stood there, at the ready, realizing this conversation carried weight and knowledge that affected those that stayed in the village more than him, as he had spent a long time away from the village.

’Raizo, if she doesn’t want us to help and wants to speak of the death that follows her, why shouldn’t gut this bitch?‘ Kohana would ask, though her voice would be read as telepathic communication only.

’Kohana, if Raizo says to trust her, even if just temporarily we must.‘

Then a comment was made that perked his interest.

”Hybrids do not require humans for consumption.“ His eyes would dart towards Michi. ”There are some that have found alternatives which suffice. We even have contracts with Hybrids whom no longer consume Humans, and to still require that source of sustenance says more about your character than your origins.“

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a lot going on and being said...

There is a lot going on and being said...

He would raise his hands up, "There is a lot going on and being said... so how about we get this more appropriately sorted inside a building and not out here in the rain?"

He would point to Michi, "Do you have a residence still here in the village or will you need a temporary space? You... seem like you have a lot going on, and with the whole 'death following you' business, would you rather come and stay in a temporary spot in the Kazekage Tower or get a hotel or apartment that you can stay in? Either way, I think it's best to continue... finish... keep having this conversation back in the Kazekage tower whether it is today or tomorrow. I also understand you don't 'need anything' but then I don't fully understand why you'd tell us this if you didn't need us to do something... right?"

He honestly wasn't sure if his words made sense to this woman, or if anything made sense to this woman. She was both absent of details in certain regards and overflowing with others.

"So, let's game plan what we can do to help you... or what might be helpful for us to do adjacent to you because you aren't requiring our help?"

"
Shin--" and in his mind he would say 'Kohana' "y'all are welcome to join us for these conversations if, Michi here doesn't mind, and it doesn't keep you from your work in Omni Prime."

With that, he would step back out into the opening, where the rain would return to splashing down on him.

"Any complaints or issues?"

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: I did not think it was my thread you referenced in chat. Would have posted here hours ago.

IC:
She would have no idea what was going on between Shin and the persona or Shin and the Kazekage. All of the silent dialogue would be lost to her and she would say and do nothing. Had she heard what was being said, this would be a wholly different encounter. Finally Shin would make a claim, ”Hybrids do not require humans for consumption.“

"And humans do not require red wine or red meat," she countered. As for if she required at all, or even if Ancients did, that was another matter entirely. Afterall, "Ancients predated man in Wind Country," she reminded them. "The craving... the consumption came so much later."

”There are some that have found alternatives which suffice. We even have contracts with Hybrids whom no longer consume Humans, and to still require that source of sustenance says more about your character than your origins.“

"And you believe them,"
she made eye contact as she said it. Her golden eyes had an uncanny, perhaps familiar flicker to them as she said that. She shook her head, how foolish. "Just because some of us are bound to the letter of our word, not every one of us are. Be careful." A word to the wise perhaps. A warning. A confrontational stance to counter his words of speciesist hubris and morality. She felt that Chikamatsu was picking a fight with her and a more passionate creature would have taken the bait. A less angry one would not have needled him in return. She was not that hungry. If she was unwelcome, she could leave. She had already offered once already. "I had already offered to leave," she reminded Shin. "I do not need your hospitality or your tolerance," the hybrid claimed. "If I am not welcome, I will not stay. If I am not invited in, I will not enter. But a human's moral compass can only measure human standards, it is not a valid metric for what I am." She shifted her satchel over her shoulder and offer an adieux, silently regretting her trip here in the first place. Idiot. "I did not come here to fight," she concluded.

"May the winds meet," there was a strained tone to her voice as she started a parting blessing but before she could finish the Kazekage had words of his own.

"There is a lot going on and being said... so how about we get this more appropriately sorted inside a building and not out here in the rain?"

She checked behind her. Nobody was there.

The Kazekage would point to Michi, "Do you have a residence still here in the village or will you need a temporary space? You... seem like you have a lot going on, and with the whole 'death following you' business, would you rather come and stay in a temporary spot in the Kazekage Tower or get a hotel or apartment that you can stay in? Either way, I think it's best to continue... finish... keep having this conversation back in the Kazekage tower whether it is today or tomorrow. I also understand you don't 'need anything' but then I don't fully understand why you'd tell us this if you didn't need us to do something... right?"

"I don't have a residence in the village,"
not anymore at least. She had not been inside the village in a great many years. "I live in Soons Haven," presently in any case. "Anything is fine," she felt numb when she said that. Like the blood had drained from her face and limbs. She felt cold. She could not get past the tension that electrified the air. She could not get past the sense that she was very much not wanted, not that she did herself any favors by listing every reason she could think of to send her away. A bit of self-sabotage perhaps. An act of cowardice. A validation that she did the right thing by staying away all of this time. Now she had to wonder if this was simply a ruse to corner her or if this was a legitimate invitation. She was not certain, she did not know either man. She did not know why a non-Sunahoshi or Takahashi ascended to the throne. She did not know why a medical branch Oracle was monitoring the gates. She needed to stay calm, to not allow anxiety to overwhelm her better senses. She needed to take a breath. She took a step forward and felt a chill run through her. A flash of memory, snapshots in time of a life lived. "I have not been here inside the village since--" No, it could not have been that long. "--years. Just tell me where you want me to go," she conceded, she felt slightly deflated. She had no preference where she laid her head. She had placed her faith in Sunagakure before and she could do it again she told herself. But it was different last time, she saw them for what they were and knew the merit of their heart before she trusted them. This was an act of blind faith, an illogical action she hoped that she would not regret.

"So, let's game plan what we can do to help you... or what might be helpful for us to do adjacent to you because you aren't requiring our help?"

She nodded. "OK," she had a longer winded response but buttoned up. She was just digging holes the more she spoke and Raizo had somehow defused a potentially explosive situation. There might be something to that right to remain silent trend in Sora.

"Shin-- y'all are welcome to join us for these conversations if, Michi here doesn't mind, and it doesn't keep you from your work in Omni Prime."

Was that truly wise she wondered; perhaps she took to heart the pointed comment he made.

"Any complaints or issues?"

Several actually, but none verbalized. "Lead the way,"

[Exiting Topic - Entering Location of Choice]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back