Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Into the Depths [Requesting Entrance]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Finally, finally, the gates were less 'in the distance' than 'right in front of him.

Makoto checked himself for the millionth time to make sure he looked inconspicuous. Yes, Moon didn't have official village markings, but he was more concerned with whether or not he'd pass for a traveler. Hell, saying he wasn't from a ninja village wouldn't even be a lie; Moon was not an officially recognized ninja village. So he wouldn't be accused of lying if he ever did have to reveal his origins and reason for traveling there.

Only...while the flag-adorned towers stood tall and proud, he couldn't see much in the way of a village on the other side.

...Were they underground or something? He'd heard vague rumours to that effect, but surely, surely there couldn't be an entire city under the surface of the sands. Could there?

Well. If there were, that was fairly effective at being a hidden village.

What am I supposed to do, knock? The massive structure probably would have been called inviting by most residents, but to him it was just intimidating. He didn't want to loiter around the entrance until someone noticed him, either, but those doors were rather...large. And heavy-looking.

The fact it was his first solo mission on foreign soil--or rather, sand--had nothing to do with it, of course.

He sighed and hiked his parasol over his shoulder, trusting to the larger building to shield him from the blowing sands, then lifted a hand to the stone door and knocked sharply three times. Here goes nothing.

And jumped back a bit at the sheer echoing noise from the knocks. All right, maybe he was more nervous than he thought he had been. The dry heat had taken its toll on him to a degree too, though he had at least been drinking a fair amount of water and his parasol shielded him from the sun.

He still didn't know if he'd pass for someone used to traveling, but to hell with it. Underground was undoubtedly more hospitable than the desert, and it wasn't like he was hostile to the people here, so he was unlikely to be attacked.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
mzw1dYF.png

The Toraono Dojo, one of the few surface structures in Sunagakure, an essentially subterranean community, or so it has been for the last pair of decades. When the maelstrom came and the diamond sands made life impossible for the denizens of the shinobi community, they retreated underground. Barricaded by nature's barrier, the very golden dunes that assaulted them so, an existence was carved out in the caverns.

A pair of heavy doors were forced against the maelstrom, they bowed and groaned in protest. Who, or whatever pushed the doors open from the inside could not be seen because it required all of their strength to open the door. Her shoulder and arms was pressed against the door and her heels dug into the glistening marble floor just past the threshold, cracking the floor in a spiderweb-like pattern.
"Get inside!" A woman's voice shouted over the howling winds as she started to he pushed back by the storm. With a grunt and a great exertion of effort she rammed her shoulder into the door a second time forcing it open several inches more. She was not checking for identification, she frankly did not care. Yes, even in this time following the Cabal's intrusion identity did not matter to Suna, the storm was both a blessing and a curse she knew well. Those who lacked skill and fortitude akin to a shinobi would have been victims rather than victors over nature's wrath.

"The storms are terrible today," Shiori panted assuming the visitor took her invitation after which she would relinquish the force she held against the door and it would close with a resounding crash. Shiori was dressed simply, more like a young woman about to go shopping than a shinobi. She too lacked the regalia of a hidden village, but her association would be likely inferred. Bandages could be seen over her left arm and shoulder. Barely a day earlier her life was nearly taken from her when the predator became the prey. She rubbed her injured shoulder with her right hand as she backed away for the strange visitor. She had no time to identify the stranger before letting him him, she would have to ask. "There is food and drink here, I can get you set-up but first I must know... who are you and what brings you to Sunagakure?" If nothing else, her query would answer one of his -- was he in fact in Sunagakure?

OC: Entrance Granted - feel free to rush past me or we can RP something out. =)

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Makoto would never term the rapid dash he made into the safe, wind-free interior of the dojo to be 'scampering,' but that was definitely the correct way to describe it. As soon as he was inside he withdrew one of his water bottles and took a long drink from it, something he assumed was fairly standard in these parts.

Not a bad little place considering the terrible environment, mind. He took stock of the area somewhat absently, thinking it was rather more spacious a place than he'd expected from the entrance to an underground city.

"I was rather hoping this wasn't normal," he said dryly. "If it was, I would ask how anyone makes their home in such an environment, when the travel from the port is so inhospitable."

Taking in the woman who'd opened the door for him, he noted the bandages--had they repelled some hostile force, and had she taken injury in such an action? Did she not feel the injuries were worth seeking medical assistance, had they been much worse before treatment, or were Sand's medical ninja otherwise occupied? That was undoubtedly the sort of intel he was supposed to bring back.

"Yes, naturally." He sheathed his parasol away on his back, since it would have looked odd there. "My name is Shiruko Makoto. I'm a wandering ninja--one of many these days, it seems--with no previous hidden village association. I've heard Sunagakure has suffered some troubles lately and could potentially use help in the reconstruction so," he spread his palms wide, "I thought I might offer my services."

An underground village after all. He sincerely hoped he didn't start to exhibit any heretofore unseen claustrophobic tendencies, but the place was certainly spacious enough to avoid that if the rest of the village was like the entrance.

"Unless there's any kind of documentation I need, might I proceed into the city proper? It's...been a rather rough trip, as you no doubt can tell."

And the sooner he got to a hotel room, the sooner he could rest and hopefully brush all the sand off of himself. There was, in fact, rather a lot of it, even accounting for his parasol shielding him...

[Entering Village]
[Sorry 'bout that, busyness + no muse = lack of post for a while. x.x]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back