Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Introductions Are In Order [Open]

Katsumada Yozora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Usually, you'd hear of days like today being a fair day taking to the academy for a look around, and maybe a few introductions. Today, however, was not one of those days. It was rainy, and had been overcast most of the morning, though leaving home, Yozora felt drops of rain as she stepped out the door. Instead of taking the time to cover up and keep dry, she just ran over to the academy as fast as she could, quickly taking shelter underneath the nearest overhang. Shaking her head to shake off some of the rain, she looked around, intent on checking the place out.

She pushed open the nearest door, entering what seemed to be a hallway leading to a large central room. She walked over to it, standing for a few moments before deciding to take some time to dry off. She had gotten rather wet on her way in.
"Well, I'd call that eventful, but a little rain is definitely the opposite." She quietly laughed to herself as she leaned against the wall looking around. There must be someone there. At least, she hoped there was.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a light whistle on his lips Shinobu strolled through the rain hopping over any large puddles in his path with ease. He was approaching the Academy today, but this time instead of trying to find a place to hide as per usual he was after the academy's target practice room. "Bah, this rain is kind of annoying, no need to trudge through it to go practice, the academy will be nice and dry, or I could just go warm up with some hot sake" the wet and shaggy shinobi looked down at his almost empty money pouch at his belt then thought "Nah, training it is, I wonder how much they are paying teachers these days?"

With no thought for the rain dripping from his hair and beard Shinobu opened the main door to the academy and stepped in, moving through the hallways with a non-chant stride he started to walk through the main room and back to the target practice range in the back of the building. He slowed down then stopped once he realized he wasn't alone, there against one of the walls was a kid with blonde hair and blue eyes, both of which would have made her look innocent and harmless if it weren't for the scar on her left shoulder, "Hmm, having to deal with the gung hoe attitude of most students is usually more annoyance than it is worth, but my pocketbook is looking kind of small. Who knows she might not be that bad to deal with, I guess the only way to find out is too she her in action." with a brief shrug to himself he turned to the stranger.

"Hey kid! What are you doing here? You know this place is for academy students and people wanting to train right?" He turned toward her as he spoke from half way across the main room, he lowered his left hand down to the oversized kunai at his belt, pulled it out and began flipping it in his hand while his right hand reached up to his scraggly and unkempt beard and began scratching at it.

Thinking
Speaking
MFT
WC=356

Katsumada Yozora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yozora looked over to the absolutely soaking wet person standing in the middle of the room now. "Hey kid! What are you doing here? You know this place is for academy students and people wanting to train right?" The man was staring at her, brandishing a kunai in one hand and scratching his rather scraggly beard with the other. Rain was visibly dripping from his hair and beard, so Yozora assumed he had been out in the rain either walking fairly calmly through the downpour, or he had simply run as she had. Though judging from his demeanor, she expected it to be the former. "Well, I wouldn't say you're wrong, because you're not. I'm a student starting here fairly soon, and I figured I'd come scope out the place before I began. You know, it's generally a good idea to know your environment. It helps that I'm not really afraid of much." Yozora let out a laugh, walking over to the man, extending her hand as she walked toward him.

"My name is Katsumada Yozora. Who might you be? Social graces say you should introduce yourself anyway, so let's get those out of the way, shall we?" She smiled a bright smile in the direction of the man standing before her, clearly towering above her tiny 5'3" stature. She eyed the kunai carefully. Someone generally able to just openly wield a weapon and not give reason for it around a child was someone who decided they weren't afraid of any threat that stood before them. "So judging by your playing with that kunai there, you're either getting ready for a fight, or you expect me to be of some kind of danger to you." She laughed once again. "I mean, you tower over me. And you're probably quite trained. It wouldn't be a fair fight."

MFT
306 Words

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh Gawd!, She's already started in with mentions of 'social graces' and a big smile, I don't think this one is worth the extra money!" with a sudden motion the kunai stopped swirling around Shinobu's fingers and in less than a blink of an eye it was back in his belt sheath next to the others. The older shinobi began to speak then his hand slipped by his almost empty money pouch again and he hesitated for a mere moment. "Well I do need new clothes, these have gotten pretty dirty and I sure ain't gonna wash them, I guess I don't have a choice, I got to keep that yen flowing."

Shinobu pulled his hand down from his beard and extended it to the young student and took hers in a firm handshake that was somewhat wet from the rain still. With an almost defeated tone to his voice he said "Hey Yozora-chan, I am Shinobu. And no I wasn't looking for a fight nor do I believe you are even remotely dangerous, I just sometimes play with deadly objects absent mindedly, keeps me 'sharp'." His pun almost seemed unintentional with the dour attitude. Seeming to recognize his own rudeness slightly he pulled his hand back from hers and perked up his attitude a bit from disappointed to mildly interested. "So you say you don't get scared do you? That is a dangerous attitude to have really, fear is what helps us survive. Also worth noting that no fight is ever a 'fair fight'{ air quotes and playful mockery}, and if it is then that means you have done something wrong, if you enter a fight without having a plan or edge over the opponent then it is a pretty safe bet that you will loose." Under the messy tangle of uncut hair Shinobu's eyes seemed to focus in more on the whole situation, even though his body language said he couldn't care less.

Katsumada Yozora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sharp, huh? What exactly do you need to stay sharp for in the academy? I mean, this place is technically a safe place meant to teach, is it not?" She smiles, the firm handshake finishing up as she pulls her hand down and places it on her hip. Without realizing it, she ended up standing in one of those slightly cocky 'matter of fact' poses, one hand on her hip and the other at her side, simply hanging down. "Don't worry, I don't mind you saying I'm no threat. Let's be frank. I'm really not. Look at me! All 5'3" of me. Though, call me chibi and I will throw something heavy at you." She laughed as he began speaking again. He started speaking about fear, and how it helps us survive. She shifted her gaze slightly, enough to hopefully not make him think his slight lecture was boring in any way. As much as she felt compelled to learn, she'd heard the simple spiel before, always shaking her head in agreement to a point.

"You know, I completely understand what you're saying, Shinobu-chan. Though, I've heard it all before, and as far as I agree, I also don't in the same regard. Fear can be controlled. Fear is an extension in our psyche that I believe is something that our mind conjures in the pursuit of absolute unfortunate circumstances that our subconscious thinks we can't handle. She shifts from one foot to the other, her arms now folded as she flicks her hair to one side before beginning to speak again. "Fear, to me, is something I can control, and I intend to control. I like to be in control."

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What? Shinobu-chan! This student has got some backbone! I guess she would be easier to teach than most." Shinobu's face turned from suddenly shocked to wildly amused as she spoke about controlling her fear"Smart on top of disrespectful plus a little bit scary, this one is gonna do well" as she finished speaking Shinobu threw back his head in a deep laugh of pure enjoyment. "HaHaHa, you got the fire in you kid and you are not afraid to bring it out and start waving it around are you?"

Wiping tears of joy from his face the shinobi looked down at the academy student with intent now, still shaking his head slightly at her awesome attitude. "I tell you what Yozora-chan I am trying to put together a small training class for some academy students, I would be glad if you tried to make it. I am pretty sure you could show some of the other students around here how to stand up for themselves and grow a spine." Shinobu spoke with hopeful enthusiasm and a simultaneous dismissive apathy. With an apprehensive almost nervous look he waited for her response.

Katsumada Yozora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, the way I see it, you don't play with fire if you can't expect to be burned. Of course, I do have some experience playing with 'fire'." She inserted the finger quotes as she said fire, then tapped on her scars. The scene played over and over in her head before she went to sleep each night, and sometimes even when she woke up each morning, but she was stronger now. It wouldn't happen again. She wouldn't let it. she wouldn't let her fear take hold and control what she thought or felt. "You said any fight you go into without studying ends up essentially a fair fight, but you also said, you're doing it wrong." She shook her head in disagreement. "As much as I agree that you should study your opponent, I also believe letting your fear control you going into the battle, you've most likely already lost. That's not a fight, that may very well be a massacre." She tilted her head to one side and smiled. He mentioned a class, which means she'd have classmates. Classmates. Clearly he thinks she's got some kind of potential.

"I'm interested. What kind of class will you be running? If I've got to show students what a backbone is, I'd be happy to attend and show them what they should be doing. Maybe I can knock the taste of bitter fear out of their heads. Or instill more. We'll see." She laughed before putting her hands behind her back, trying to look as cute as possible. "I mean, with that, I guess I shouldn't be calling you Shinobu-chan anymore. It should be Shinobu-sensei, shouldn't it?" She laughed, waiting patiently for his response.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu listened to the student explain her experience with 'fire' and motion to her scars. "Hmmm I wonder if I look that silly when I do air quotes, bah that would just make it even funnier if I did!" he smiled politely at her as he commented on her scars, "That is an interesting scar you have there, maybe one day later you can tell me the story of how you got it, scar stories usually get people mad street cred around here." With a polite smile he continued to listen to the student speak of fear and control on the battle field, he started to correct her then thought to himself "Huh, well I guess she may be right there, hey wait I am supposed to be the one teaching the lessons, oh no what if my students are smarter than me? ahhhh don't worry about that, just fake it until you make it like always."

"Oh? what kind of class will I teach? well...that is a good question kid, I supposed any class I teach will include some endurance training, I could show off some of the basics of chakra use, and we could.... uhhh" with what should have been a long ago realization the older man suddenly got a look on his face that said he had no idea what he was doing, "Ahhh man I really don't know what I am doing, but I need that extra yen! I will just have to spend some time prepping something cool for them" then just as suddenly as the shinobi looked confused he snapped a solid look of mysterious knowledge on his face. "You know what Yozora-chan, the class is going to be a surprise and I don't want to ruin it for you! Oh and don't mind all that sensei stuff, I am not big on titles, Shinobu-san is about as formal as I get. Untill then why don't I just show you some basics on projectiles, I was already headed to the target practice room in the back and I know they keep a spare set of basic shirukens there for students to practice with."

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking at the blank expression on the girls face Shinobu was a little disapointed, "Well i thought this student had potential, but I might have been wrong." with a smile and wave he headed back to the target practice room flipping a couple of kunai in his hands as he walked. "Goodbye and good luck!"

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back