Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Invitation, Insurrection, Investigation and Other Words that Start with "In" [Requesting Katsuo, Kot

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Continued from here

"Well, this is the tower... I... we can... let's go... hmmm..."

Looking around for a moment, he seemed to be unable to remember where the door was. Surely this was just a silly situation, maybe it was the pressure of being a host, maybe it was his own irritable attitude, maybe it was the potential embarrassment of not remembering where the damn door was; whatever it was, it was starting to show on him. Then, just as quickly as the frustration would have bubbled up, it would dissipate.

"Oh yea, I was meaning to place a new door..."

He would look around for a moment before slapping an arbitrary piece of wall. Since spending his past few years honing his ability with craftsmanship thanks to his practice and natural affinity towards the skills of the Journeymen Order, he no longer feared property damage. His right hand would mimic a gun. Whispering under his breath "bang" he would imitate the motion of firing his hand gun as a small marble size orb of chakra would appear and rush forward into the wall he had just touched. The immediate area before him and his two guests would erupt in an explosion (Bang Bullet)

lfcrXTm.gif

While the concussive blast of the explosion should have only set debris flying, he wanted to ensure that no harm would come to the two behind him for his reckless little home improvement project. His eyes would suddenly become engorged with chakra as the sclera of his eyes turned black and his pupil and iris took on a light blue color, with the pupil remaining that color while his iris seemed to be set blaze by a hellish fire within his eyes (Activated Sharigan with ReSkin). All within his field of vision would seem to slow down as he attempted to take in all of the situation before making his next move.

His metallic arm would raise up and his palm would face forward as he emitted another jutsu, this one designed to keep his guests not only protected but clean. As dust and whatever small chunks of debris might have attempted to blow back on the trio would stop before the Sennin, as if caught by an invisible wall and bounce forward at an increased speed (Reflection).

"...here. Yep, this looks like where I was planning on placing that new door."

His eyes would peer around the scene of a now demolished conference room as one of the workers within the Tower would venture into the room cautiously to see what was happening. He would wave to the employee.

"Yea, I'm here for my meeting with the Kazekage. These two would like some water."

With that he would begin to press forward.

"Right this way, please pardon the mess."

That he had just caused...

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Re: Invitation, Insurrection, Investigation and "In" Words [Requesting Katsuo, Kotori, Takashi's NPC]

Kotori would be walking around, she was already so amazed by the fact how this had come around. Made and even more. "This.... Is awesome" would her comment be as they pressed dorward. For her in mind it seemed that he would have lost the way. Yet... Tje next moment she did not think about. A whelp left her and she would be ready to place a barrier. Swalloing a time she thought this man was a mad man... "s-sheesh!! How can you scare me like that?!" she whelped as that was initial response. Not even her ability had shown this, meaning that there was hardly a threat to it. A faint hue had colored her cheeks as she would look ashamed by the fact she had already been startled by this.
"....... Good job at making a door...."

[topic entered]
[mobile phone, so sorry this is small]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Re: Invitation, Insurrection, Investigation and "In" Words [Requesting Katsuo, Kotori, Takashi's NPC]

6j6OtUy.jpg

Ikari followed the man that was in front of him, it seemed that the tower lived up to all the expectations that where expected of him, he knew that much. It was clear that for a few minutes the room that they headed towards would be a brick wall, though Roku saw no issue with that as the conference room became available via a new door, some reconstruction was taking place inside of the village though Ikari allowed a small grin to escape his lips. It seemed that they had run into someone that had a very strong character.

“Thank you, I look forward to meeting with the Kazekage, and I also am looking forward to hearing more about what has been going on. That way we can at least see what has been happening with each other’s village, I must admit I am quite excited to hear about it.”

Ikari walked around the conference room and found himself a seat before taking it, the formal introductions would come shortly he had no doubt about it, but the thought about just having a glass of water that he could enjoy without having to walk miles was something that he couldn’t wait to enjoy for. He allowed himself a few minutes to wait and see what Kotori would do in this situation, it was clear that she still had a lot of work to do in order to become ready to take the mantle that was expected of her. At least when she was older that was.
dYNCI9L.jpg

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Invitation, Insurrection, Investigation and Other Words that Start with "In" [Requesting Katsuo, Kotori, Takashi's N

NPC: Kobayashi Shizune

Where Roku seemed perfectly pleased with his actions or at least like the behavior of detonating a wall to walk through instead of walking around to the front door of the Tower, the aide which appeared on the scene to check into what had happened looked annoyed but more in a similar fashion to someone who had just discovered that their household had run out of their favorite cereal. It was clear from the nonchalance of her expression that this sort of thing was far from outside of the norm and so her irritation was mitigated by a growing sense of indifference towards the behavior of the wild Roku,

At just a little over five feet tall, Kobayashi Shizune was not a particularly intimidating sight for she lacked many of the features which traditionally marked a shinobi as dangerous. Long snow-white hair trailed behind her as she appeared on the scene bound in a ponytail that rested off to one side with a pair of small animal-like ears poking through her hair on the top of her head. She wore no obvioius weapons on her person and was dressed in a formal attire which was more suited to the setting of a board room as opposed to a battlefield to her movements and her expressions that betrayed her experience as a shinobi. Despite only officially being a Sand Chuunin on record, Shizune had survived a number of assassination attempts on the Kazekage and had undergone a number of training sessions from the Tenth aas well. Her file said Chuunin but she was easily the equal of most Jounin in the village.

"We could assign you a personal assistant if you're having trouble remembering where the door is." Shizune remarked casually as she scribbled some notes into a ream of paper that was attached to a clipboard in her hands.

"Yea, I'm here for my meeting with the Kazekage. These two would like some water."

"Of course, sir." Her responses were practiced and crisp, if the irritation with Roku's behavior were a factor in her attitude it didn't come through in her tone of voice at all which implied that perhaps Shizune always looked like she was mildly annoyed with the situation around her. "He is on his way."

If Katsuo were on the premises, it wouldn't take him very long to arrive. Something of a kindred spirit to Roku in some ways, Katsuo was more likely to open the wind to his office and jump out of it to get to the ground level of the Tower instead of taking the stairs.

"Right this way, please pardon the mess."

"Just so. Please follow me." She refrained from commenting on the mess that Roku had made, mostly because she knew the futility of scolding him for it, and instead focused on simply executing her role as well as she could given the circumstances. She would lead the trio across the hall to a nearly identical conference room which, all things told, was fairly nondescript aside from the lack of a gaping hole in the wall leading to an alleyway behind the Kazekage Tower that the previous room had been recently furnished with. "There is a refrigeration unit at the back of the room with cold water should the guests be thirsty. The Lord Tenth will be with you momentarily."

Turning to Kotori and Ikari, Shizune would offer a show formal bow with her clipboard clasped in front of her, executed with the same crisp efficiency that her responses to Roku had been handled with.

"[In the meantime, my name is Kobayashi Shizune and I am the executive adjutant to the Kazekage. If you require anything else, please do not be afraid to ask."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Invitation, Insurrection, Investigation and Other Words that Start with "In" [Requesting Katsuo, Kotori, Takashi's N

It seemed that the attendant was going to be one of the sorts that just did not naturally mesh well with Roku. He was someone who just did things, making a hole in a wall that he could recraft back better than the original wall that was previously standing, seemed inconsequential. But for this person, such an action seemed to go against the fiber of their being. Someone so bogged down and dictated by some normalized rule of how things should be done, the proper way. It was annoying. His method achieved the same results, possibly even quicker, than he had just gone to the door. This person didn't care. They would fixate on what was wrong. Not the results. That irritated him. That person, unfortunately, was in the majority within the higher rungs of this village. That also annoyed him.

She would ask if they would need anything, which would cause his brow, in what was becoming almost a fixed location on his face, to raise up. The thoughts would begin to churn as he glared at the woman and how her words caused him to internally scream. The equations were not adding up. Was this some bizarro world?

I asked to have water brought to them. She then proceeds to tell them, the guests, where drinks can be found. She then asks if they need anything else to ask. Just... what... the... fuck... am... I... missing.... ?????????????????????????

He would cross his arms as now he wasn't so sure if this was one of those "follow all the rules to the T" types, as they clearly lacked something within their mind. Instead of trying to navigate, whatever she might be going through, he would turn his attention back to the two Konohaians.

"So a 'Lunar Festival', huh? Excuse me, as I am rather ignorant to the happenings and customs of Fire Country, but I assume this is a big deal? What's it all about? Y'all just fascinated with that 'big ball' in the sky?"

If he was being honest, aside from it providing light at night, he never really gave the moon a second thought. The idea of space in general just seemed like the work of fiction. What happened up there in the darkness, in the blue, just seemed to be so far out of his personal grasp that it really didn't matter to him to learn the specifics of any of it. There had to be someone, somewhere, slaving away at researching something they would never reach and writing word after word on a fantastical location they would never explore. Just seemed like a waste, and maybe that is why he was a crafter and not a scientist.

His attention would turn to the white-haired woman.

"Would you mind bringing me a pen?"

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Kotori was slightly puzzled by the way the other was displaying his skills, heck she even gave her own opinion about it and coughed a little to mask that she was acting like herself instead of the person she was supposed to in meetings. A slight annoyed 'tsk' like sound left her. Yet there was, for her, suddenly a new person erupting at this moment. "Hmmm..?" She started to tilt her head slightly to the side as she tried to peek a little around the corner. They seemed to be at a little of the same height. She was astonished by the person's hair, it was like... Snow white, where her own was having the nice color of red. "Uwah.." The only person she knew with white hair beside her brother... was now this person that identifies herself as a high person of the kage. "Pfuwah..." She sounded impressed at this and would look toward Ikari, looking a little on how to react to such a thing... But she soon would walk towards the inside. "Excuse me..." She said as she entered and would look around. "W-woaw..." This was so much different than the room her father was working in. Yet, once more her eyes trailed off towards the female of the party... She had a question burning inside her brain... and more and more questions came towards her, she had never seen anything like this. "Kobayashi Shizune..." Kotori would repeat the name and nod softly. "Uchiha Kotori, Nice to meet you. If you do not mind... I do have a few questions... kind of for the both?" She muttered. "Are those ears real? Can I touch them? Are there more people like that here? Are there lot's of animals like humans?" She would place those questions towards the female and towards Roku, she would ask a few too. "Are guys always planning to go half shirtless..? Half brainless... As my companion is too?" She would ask a simple question to him as she didn't have much more...
Her body would straighten a little as she grabbed a pocky from a pack, offered it towards the other as she would munch on a single one. She would, however, explain what this lunar event was. "The Lunar Event is, correct me if I am wrong Isaki." She would mention and look towards the both of them, looking more straight and thinking her role as she had for work would be most fitting with explaining. "Lunar Event is an Event that goes on for Friendships, unity, and recollection. It is an event that is supposed to bring bonds together, often used with multiple kinds of games. From stories that I have heard, things like flying paper balloons, Crafting things and shooting off Fireworks in the honor off..." She would sum it up on her fingers. "Although there are more things to discuss with your kage... mainly the letter I am carrying from him my fathe--- from our Hokage." She would try to correct herself as she almost easily said that. Biting down her lip and instantly punishing herself for that for eating down a pocky again.
"I do have a pen... would you like to use it? It is unchewed...." She would mention and offer it towards the sennin... it was a bright pink one with a yellow star on top.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

6j6OtUy.jpg

Ikari followed the newcomer into a different conference room, it seemed that they where being moved around quite often. He didn’t mind for a few split seconds, it seemed that they where being welcomed into the village and having the honour of meeting the Kazekage, though it seemed that the information that had been given was slightly off but that was something that he would have to get used to. As always things changed with the passing of time, leaf was no exception from his, he allowed himself a few moments to look around and seeing what the situation was. He listened to the words of Kotori though a chuckle came out of his lips as he realised that she was trying to poke and he wouldn’t allow that to happen.

“Thank you for your hospitality, this room seems to be prepared for everything that we need I have to say I myself will go and get some water if you don’t mind. I would love to have some water of course, don’t mind if I do. I must admit maybe the wall was not needed but it makes for a nice demonstration at least. Now I will get a seat and we can go from there I guess.”

With that he allowed himself to walk to where the drinks where, grabbing one of the waters from it he allowed himself to open it and take a drink from it, enjoying the refreshing drink before taking a seat and just waiting, he listened to Kotori and shook his head, it seemed that she still had a lot to learn, but she was getting the hang of it quickly. It seemed that she still had a lot to learn he had to admit but the conversation with the Raikage hadn’t happened yet so that was the true test that she would be undertaking.

dYNCI9L.jpg

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

NPC: Kobayashi Shizune

"Uchiha Kotori, Nice to meet you. If you do not mind... I do have a few questions... kind of for the both?"

"Of course." Professional as always, Shizune intended to facilitate any questions that the visitors from Leaf might have for her.

"Are those ears real?"

"Yes."

"Can I touch them?"

"No."

"Are there more people like that here?"

"Yes."

"Are there lot's of animals like humans?"

"Yes."

Shizune's responses were every bit as quick and precise as her discourse with Roku had been, answering each question as quickly as they came with a great deal of verbal dexterity. It seemed like she was well accustomed to dealing with visitors who had a barrage of questions for her. She then turned to Roku and directed some questions at him and while Shizune didn't answer out-loud, she mentally cycled through the answers to those questions as well. Similar to Roku, the Kazekage also had a habit of simply walking around shirtless in the Kazekage Tower despite the nonprofessional way it made the Tower look but given that he had grown up a member of a desert tribe that sort of behavior was not unexpected from him.

And indeed, Katsuo could be just as brainless as Roku-- and apparently Kotori's companion --Shizune noted with a mental roll of her eyes.

Roku asked about the Lunar Festival and as Kotori began to explain, Shizune's pen went to work quietly taking notes on the discussion. It was interesting to note that Kotori had slipped up and almost referred to the Hokage as her father rather than by his title. She hadn't introduced herself that way to start. Was she trying to hide that fact? It was interesting none the less. Without interrupting, Shizune quietly would stand by and simply record the interactions going on to pass any relevant information on to the Kazekage when he arrived.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

He would listen to the exchange between Shizune and Kotori, with a scowl almost forming each time the fuddy-duddy cat-person would respond and a pleasant smile when the youthful woman would question. He clearly had a favorite between the two. Then the questions would turn to him... sort of?

First, he was asked about being shirtless, unsure if she was just questioning his choice or if it was a broader question he had to answer on behalf of all men in the village.

"I am a craftsman, one of the first things I 'built' was this body. If you are good at building something, why hide it? Also, I tend to run a little warmer late--"

Before he could dive any further into that he would be slapped by her second questions about being "half brainless". He would smirk as his composure returned.

"Before answering questions of how little or how much brains one has, please remember that you followed a foreign military officer into a location you have no idea if this is the Kazekage Tower or a prison..."

There would be a little tension within the room that would be quickly broken by a slap of his hand onto his side and a hardy chuckle.

"Just kiddin', lil missy. However, don't let your tongue cause an international incident. You want half a brain you should ask the house cat over there."

It was tiring at times. His mask as Roku required a sense of being a musclehead, and it wasn't so much an act as it was simply his upbringing. The fact that he was consistently viewed as nothing more than "half brained" was exhaustive. It didn't have to be this hard though. He could easily just 'let loose' and show the village who he really was, or what he might really be. The draw to consume all and let a higher power, if that even existed, sort out the mess was there. It might not have always been there, but more often than not it seemed to be ever present... and growing. Shizune, even though skilled and potentially a multitude of things, would be reduced to nothing. Just flesh. They all were. Just a collection of energy that could either remain an individual or devoured into nothing. It was a whim, maybe it was a good day, maybe he just had self-control. It wasn't even really dark thoughts anymore, just thoughts.

But it was a part, the musclehead, that he had to play. It allowed him to live many different lives, as Roku he was an oafish brute. As Tenken he was a cold and calculating leader. As Kasha, he was more or less a detective with a dose of violence. As #6, he was a failed experiment that betrayed his contemporaries. Yet, it was a shame that his first mask, the one known as Roku, the one he spent the majority of his time out in, would always carry this belittling view from others. He would never show it, at least not now, how it bothered him. There was a lot about his current setting that continued to bother him.

"Well, it sounds like a splendid event. It might do our village some good to have a little fun... and of course, I'll take the pen chewed or not."

Germs didn't really concern him. He would head over to Kotori, take the pen, pull out a folded piece of paper from his pouch, scribble down a quick note onto the paper, place the paper back into his pouch, hand the pen back to the girl, give a great big smile and bow, and then ultimately return to his perch upon the wall. Sitting when waiting always made him more impatient, so standing helped keep him from losing his mind.

"Kitty, when is your master arriving?"

He wasn't sure, especially by the name, but since most of her kind, those with animal features, in the village seemed to be of some relation to Kuro and his kin, he wasn't the biggest fan. The fact that her eyes, the same judging eyes he had seen all his life, did not make his disposition towards Shizune any less sour.

Now that continued to wait.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Just... just maybe were her questions a little blunt and rude towards the person that brought them here... Yet her main objective with those questions was to prod or rather get someone else off their behind and finally talk to her normally instead of formally. As she gained the answers from the feline-person she would start to lean against the wall, her legs were still young enough to not give in when she was standing.

Earlier she had been talking towards her father, almost fully referencing her father as the Hokage... That was one slip up that she knew could have high costs. Namely, because their family was big with all kind of adopted in... but she was the one and only biological one in the family. In their clan that had already meant a lot, something that her brother couldn't really handle... well, if you would call him a brother. So far in her memory she knew she had one, he lived in leaf, but that was about it about that certain person.
Thinking even further back to her slip up she immediately started to think about how she could be preventing it in the next few times. Since it had been in the past, is a huge problem for her. She had a few times, when she was little, almost kidnap scenario's. One of them she herself defended off. 'I cannot... tell them... Even though he is a military officer... Or she is the right hand... I cannot trust anyone with my secrets... as they are living for me...' The homesickness struck her as she knew that her father wouldn't be able to protect her here. She would have to rely upon the advisor... AS the male started to answer the question there was tension rising in the room. Even she took a harder stance then she meant to. Her defense automatically went higher as if she could except something any moment. It did help however that the other had been joking a little around it, but she couldn't even really drop it. in her line of work, those moments of 'dropping' could sometimes be the worst. But still she felt it, maybe it was true. She still was immature, yet what were you expecting what she had been gone through.

Right here and right now, it was just a matter of waiting. 'Can I really do this..?' A sigh left the young girl as she was a little bit lost inside her own trail of thoughts. Her hands changed and were now more in a carrying motion of her own arms. Her gaze towards the ground as she started to bit her own lip. 'I mean... I never went towards these things... I don't even know how to react or such... Hence I just been promoted and already thrown into a lion's den...' In her own memory, she never attended these even though she had done so. Out of habit she took a pocky and started to nibble onto the tip. Slowly her gaze went towards the advisor. 'What... must he even think of me right now... How hopeless I am. As the daughter and having such a rank inside the village...' Her own thoughts started to annoy her then even being here. So she started to shift and grab something to drink, some water from the cooler. "I wish to know also.." She muttered softly onto the wording on when the Hokage came. She would, if possible, place herself near the advisor. Wanting a bit of comfort and confirmation on how she was doing. Yet a tiny voice in her head gave it to her, he wouldn't answer. "Yes... This event does help up to settle up some tension... Just as how our village would like to see. So I do hope our travel wouldn't be in vain."

Spoken language. and then this is thoughts going by her.
Ooc message: MFT, sorry this took me a moment to reply on.
Word counter: 642

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Ikari allowed himself to glance towards Roku, it seemed that though he would be sizing the man up but that was more in his nature to see how much he could get away with. Taking a seat back at the table it seemed that he had the bottle of water still with him as he sat there listening for the few conversations that where happening between Kotori and the others in the room, though Roku seemed to ask the right question. How long would it be before the person that they where here to meet with actually arrived. He wanted to know the same information as well but decided to help Kotori as well by speaking a little bit more while they where both waiting for the man to arrive.

“The invitation here is for all of the Sand village to come and attend the festival, we have decided to open the door up for all to attend that much is true, also we come to you with a copy of the Bingo book. This is the updated version itself since last time we attended here. And there is a letter to the Raikage addressed by the Hokage himself that is separate from the invitation, all of this we would like to get across quickly.”

It seemed that Kotori would need a little bit of a push to help with the conversation sides. He waited patiently as he allowed his hand to draw the sheathed sword form his belt and placed against a wall out of his reach, it seemed that he was trying to make sure that they posed as little danger to anyone as possible. Though he would have to relay the information back to Takeshi on what Kotori had asked but that would come when they got back to the village.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Shizune's own mask of professionalism cracked slightly as a silent smirk pulled at the edges of her lips when Roku pointed out the two Leaf Shinobi had walked into a proverbial lion's den and then claimed that the one that led them there was half-brainless. Perhaps brainless was the wrong way to describe martial artists and shinobi like the Kazekage and Roku. They weren't dumb or unintelligent-- they just thought in different directions than the average person. It was those very eccentricities that set them aside from the rank and file and made them into the legends that they were. When Shizune had first come into the employ of the Tenth Kazekage she'd judged him to be the worst sort of shinobi-- he was irresponsible, immature, unprofessional and unpredictable.

She'd hated him and hated working for him even more.

But the day that she and a foreign Moon Country shinobi had faced down a pair of dangerous armored assassins at Katsuo's side, Shizune finally understood why a man like Katsuo had been made into the Kazekage.

Weakened and hurt, Katsuo had put himself between Shizune and a crazed villain from his past that was hell-bent on ripping her apart to get at the Kazekage. She would never forget what it had felt like to be pinned under the weight of that monster's demonic presence, clinging to the Katsuo's sword while wishing that he would stop trying to protect her and look out for himself. She was a paper-pusher. Replaceable. If she died, the Kazekage Tower staff would be sad and there would be a melancholy about the office for a while but that was the cost of being soldiers and they all knew it. But if the Kazekage were killed it would ripple through the village and snap the tenuous facade of stability in two. He was important if only because the people of Sunagakure looked to the office of the Kazekage for stability. She'd wished that Katsuo and Makoto would have just withdrawn and let her die so that he could safely escape but she'd been made to realize on that day that he would never make a decision like that.

Katsuo felt his place was between the evil's of the world and the people around him and he would stand there protecting them until the day it killed him.

And it almost had that day if not for their Moon Country friend Shiruko Makoto.

She still hated the parts about him that were irresponsible and unprofessional. She hated the way he whined about his paperwork. She hated the way he smoked in his office when he was deep in thought. And most of all she hated how he could disappear for hours on end without telling anyone where he went or when he would be back. But she respected and admired him for the way he loved his country and the people in it.

"Kitty--

"Shizune." She corrected him quickly but politely.

--when is your master arriving?"

One of the two Leaf envoys-- the girl who had identified herself as the Hokage's daughter --threw in that she also wished to know when Katsuo would arrive and that was unfortunately a question which was hard to answer. Even as skilled as she was at managing his time, Shizune often spent a great deal of her time simply tracking the Kazekage down so that she could corral him to his next appointment and that was challenging enough with engagements which had been pre-planned for days. Impromptu meetings like these were impossible to gauge because it was impossible to say for certain where the Kazekage was at any given time of the day.

It would not have been the first time that Shizune had gone to lunch thinking that he was in his office doing paperwork only to find out that he had skipped out while she was gone to-- in his own words -- "go on an adventure".

Mercifully Shizune, didn't need to go into an in-depth explanation of Katsuo's eccentric disregard for all things time management as the door to the meeting room creaked open at last. The first individual to walk through the door was a man shorter than Roku with blood-red hair cut short and a pair of black-brown curved horns sprouting from the recesses of his hair and an eerie white and red visored mask over the top half of his face. He wore a formal-looking black and red suit coat and slacks with black gloves on each hand and looked the picture of professional but more than that he looked... predatory, for lack of a better word. There was a sense about this man that gave the implicit impression that he was dangerous in the same way that the yellow and black stripes of a wasp did. This was Masashi Reiko, the Kazekage's bodyguard and other personal assistant who's duties had less to do with pens and paper and more with separating people's heads from their necks.

Behind him was... perhaps not what either of the Leaf shinobi might have expected from a man who called himself the leader of Sunagakure.

Six feet tall and sporting his own head of short red hair-- though it was cut much shorter than Reiko's --Sunahoshi Katsuo entered the room with a smile that could only have been described as goofy, sweat dripping down his face... and his shoulders... and his chest... as he also was not wearing a shirt of any kind and had apparently just come from some kind of physical exercise given the dark green sweat pants and the casual wooden sandals that he wore on his lower half.

"Sorry I'm late kids, I had to rescue a cat out of a tree on the way here and you know what? Turns out those guys are a lot craftier than we give them credit for. Do we really hand that out to E-Rank students as a misssion?" He breathed to Shizune who by this time had stowed her notepad under her right arm and firmly planted her face into her hands in embarrassment at the state that the Kazekage had arrived in. Passing by Roku, Katsuo gave him a casual nod of his head in greeting and offered a silent rap of his knuckles to his Wind of War before turning his attention to the two Leaf shinobi that had arrived to see him. "You two must be the Leafies, right? Oh, shoot. Is Leafy okay? Should I be calling them that, Shizune?"

"No, Lord Tenth." Shizune wheezed from behind her hands.

"Oh well." He shrugged, presenting his hand to whichever of the two Leaf shinobi were standing closer to the door at the time of his arrival with a genuine grin on his face. "Sunahoshi Katsuo but please. Call me Katsuo."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

His attention would be first directed at the man entering before Katsuo. It was a face he had seen before, one he still needed to have a word with at some point; Reiko.

Red-haired bastard that was there for the mauling of our head medic. Wonder what he ended up doing with that wild woman.

He would then acknowledge the Kazekage with a nod of his head. His relationship with this man, this new leader, was different than his with the previous Kazekage, the Steward. Him and Sousuke were bonded on a deeply personal level. Him and Katsuo were bonded on a growing respect. The new Kazekage, the proclaimed rightful heir of the title, declared him a member of the Winds. This was a big deal, especially for someone he more than likely knew very little about. There was still a strong urge to punch him.

I'd give me about an 85% chance of getting my ass handed to me... need to keep working on this new form.

"Oh, Kat---Kazekage, I have something I need to give you right quick. I was gonna leave it for you but just never got around to it."

He would once more pull out the piece of paper that he had written on earlier. He would stroll over to the Kage, hand him the letter and once it was out of his hands he would return back to leaning up against the wall.

Rokus Handwriting said:
READ ASAP
Got this from a bird messenger not too long ago.
Ask me about trespasser at some point in this convo.

From a Bird said:
To the people of Sunagakure,

Please… I know it is not your business, but make it so. Know these names.

Riku. Ryouju. Katsu. Nitish. They were boys.

Uchiha Takeshi, the current Hokage, has been involved with and permitted the killing of children either personally, or by those following his rules. We understand that protecting the village is a difficult task, but killing our children is something we cannot understand.

Their names were Riku. Ryouju. Katsu. Nitish.

Please. If you can please send help. There are people in this land that want to leave and start new lives, but they are scared. We are scared. Our children are not safe.

If you can’t help, please do not let innocent people come to this land. They will not be safe.

Please.

Konoha.

"Don't get used to me picking up your mail... I'm a busy man after all. Gotta repair a hole in your wall."

His metallic thumb would jut outwards as he motioned towards the hole in the wall (he had created).

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Kotori wasn't that curious to see when or what or where about the Kazekage. All that she hoped for that she didn't pull him out of a super important meeting right here and now. She had no ill intentions against anyone who wasn't a traitor of the Leaf, right now for her idea they were on neutral grounds. Yet even her mutters were heard as it seemed, yet she would remain further lost in her thoughts. Looking towards the box, pretending she was reading the words.
'Should... I even have gone here? Is this maybe my test as the war with frost is on a hold... and I couldn't kill them...' A puzzled frown would get to her as she was trying to get answers on questions that ended up getting only more questions. Sitting around and doing nothing was not something she was good at... But unlike the times she had at home and used her abilities towards a free extent, she wouldn't do so here. This was unknown property, sooner or later they had it through and she would be a target, or would get the wrong idea. 'Everything is so clean... yet messy at the same time... Surely the kage here cannot be like that...' Yet those thoughts would soon be answered as she saw someone enter. A few moments were taken as she started to observe the area around them and the two persons coming inside, she even looked towards the Military officer... 'Were we indeed fooled..?' was a simple thought going through her as she started to swallow just a little. The first one let alarm bells ring by her, it looked like a pro, someone who would get things done with ease. The first one was okay... But the second one...

Her eyebrow started to twitch a little and her mouth dropped slightly open, lowering the pocky the was resting between her lips. She noticed her reaction on that as he spoke. A bright hue got to her cheeks and she started to look annoyed. She liked the view, but it had caught her off guard at the situation like this. She took a quick tilt with her head looking to her advisor for hi- he didn't wear anything either. Even she would soon be found facepalming, her face having this red color and she could swear she almost matcher her own hair color. It took her a bit of strength to regain herself. A small cough was given by her as she ate her pocky. 'W-why do they even look hot like that?! Why do I find that hot?! Why do I react like this!' In her thoughts, she could easily smack herself, but doing that right here and now, wasn't much of a good idea. Neither was stepping in and out of time to ruffle her own hairs. A slight sound escaped her as a sort of groan. "T-tsk... U-Uchiha Kotori!" She baffled out as she looked to his eyes and tried to be not distracted at all kinds of costs.

"Y-yo kage...sama... erm.. no wait..." She stuttered as she looked a bit puzzled for herself. Her reactions like this, like right now... 'How to address how to address... "Good day mister kage-sama.." And yet those words were muttered again, but hesitant. She could scream inside of her right now, pluck out her own hairs. "no..." She said and would go through her hairs. "Shh... I am learning..." She would shush them before they could say anything. Insecurity was getting to her... she noticed she needed to start over a moment. Placing her hands in front of her face, covering her nose and her fingers against each other. Breathing into her hands for a moment.

"As you said, call me Katsuo, please do not mind me to do so. Katsuo-san." She would start of. "I am Uchiha Kotori, daughter of the Hokage, heir of the Leaf Uchiha Clan. What I bring forward is a Leaf invitation and hoping we could have this spoken out. As our mission was to bring this letter towards your hands only. If you happen to have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or my advisor." She would make a small bow."O-oh! uhm... You can call me Kotori." This.... was her first time from home, first time not battling for her live but diplomatic stuff... fun....stuff... Why did a sudden memory pop in her head of drawing on papers on her dad's lap...

Ooc message: Sorry for not reacting much onto your RP Roku! :( and... sorry for Kotori, she is kind of in her puberty timeline.
Word counter: 748

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

6j6OtUy.jpg

Ikari listened to the words that where being spoken between everyone attending the meeting it was clear that he still had a lot to say but Kotori seemed to fall onto her face in that department. Sighting slightly the man brought himself upright into the chair, before reaching into the small pocket that he had dragging out two letters and one small leather black book. Placing them onto the table he allowed himself to slide them across to the man letting him have the time he would require looking at the information given. A brief explanation would be a solution to this question of what they contained.

“Lord Katsuo, these documents should give a more detailed reason as to why we are here, though one of them that your Sennin gave you is still a mystery. The first envelope here is an invitation to the Lunar festival, in a join effort to open the gates to the other Shinobi villages in the land and enjoy the celebrations that we hold during these times.”

He gave pause for a moment, this gave time for the information to sink in on what the offer was, of course he would have to explain all the information as it seemed that Kotori was stumbling her words, that information would have to be fed back. Right here and now of all places was not the time to have that stern conversation with Kotori, it would have to wait for a later date.

“The second part is we have updated our bingo book, after an act of treason and terrorism was created inside of the village. The book that we have given to you, though no formal treaty between the two nations is to help identify possible trouble for the future. Finally, the last part I am unsure what it is, the letter was written by the Lord Forth, and only to be given to you Lord Katsuo, with that in mind, I do believe it would be an invitation for the three Kage to sit down and talk.”

Ikari let silence follow him, as he was able to answer any questions that they had or anything that may give concern. It was time for them to judge how the offers would go down, the sealed book and letters sat on the table ready to be opened. This was the job they had been intrusted with.
Letter:

Lord Kazekage,

I would like to take this chance to formally invite you and the rest of the village of to join us in celebration of the Lunar Festival, where we would happily welcome you to enjoy food, comradery as well as taking this time to see inside of the village and experience the culture that is offer to everyone. Of course, this festival only runs a short time of the year, as such we would be delighted to prepare to see you there, please do not be a stranger as part of the treaty you are more than welcome to come freely into our gates as they will be open for the whole festival. I look forward to seeing you there.

Signed:
Uchiha Takeshi
Forth Hokage.

Bing Book Updates:

The following are to be killed on sight for treason against Konaha.
Myakashi Migoya
Character Age: 16-18 - Appearance.
Sex: Male
Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: (Former) Main Branch, Med-nin
IC Rank: Missing-Nin

Physical Description: A relatively short individual (5'6") who, from a casual glance, would seem wiry, if not skinny. A shock of white hair frames an equally pallid face, the only colour coming from deep, crimson eyes. Usually garbed in a loose dark-coloured shirt, a black, white, or brown open-fronted robe compliment this look. His hands are always covered with black finger-less gloves,

Hakanai Hisao
Height: 173cm
Weight: 85kg
Hair Color: Grey and white
Eye Color: White
Blood Type: O-
Character's Physical Description: Hisao has moderately long grey hair, usually worn slicked back and out of the way. His ANBU mask is just a Smirking face. His eyes are the classic white of those of the Hyuuga clan, and he usually has a smile to match his ANBU Mask. He has a lean frame, built for speed over strength.

Kazumaki Doku

Height: ?
Weight: ?
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Grey
Blood Type: ?
Character's Physical Description: Physically Doku appears quite young, age and injury showing no signs upon his frame. His ability to heal any injury almost instantly has left him without blemish even after a long life of struggle. Combine this with his white hair and grey eyes and he would be rather distinguished if it were not for his mischievous grin

Myakashi Yong

Height: 177cm
Weight: 86kg
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Blood Type: AB+
Country of Origin: Fire
Branch: Anbu

He has many tattoos covering his body, though all completely covered if he is wearing a suit or long sleeved shirt and pants. He can often be seen wearing a red scarf that had once belonged to his mother. Description unknown mainly due to working inside ANBU.

Personal Letter:

Lord Kazekage

I write to you personally to ask that you come to Leaf during the Lunar Festival, Konaha has been kicked when down, stepped on when broken, but we trust in our friends that we still have. We trust in those that are around us to help which is why I am writing to you now, to invite yourself and the Raikage to discuss recent events, to air things out and hear the story from both sides. For what is a tale but a false one if only one side is heard. We request that you share in the festivities, but I personally request that you come and talk with myself as well, to much has happened to avoid this opportunity, I look forward to hearing from you.

Signed:

Uchiha Takeshi

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

There was a strange pause as Katsuo stood there with his hand outstretched towards Kotori as she glanced from him to the other Leaf shinobi and then finally with a slight groan she announced her name and proceeded to stumble through her greeting. Cautiously withdrawing his hand as Kotori verbally fell over herself, Katsuo looked on dumbfounded at what was going on in front of him. There was no judgement in his expression but rather one of amused confusion at why this envoy from Leaf seemed to be having such a hard time introducing herself.

She is a young woman and the leader of a foreign country has just entered the room wearing nothing but a pair of pants and sandals.

Caliburn's words bubbled up through his consciousness, reaching a conclusion that Katsuo had yet to come to himself which only reinforced his confusion at the situation.

The male leader of a foreign country.

Oh. Oh.

The realization of the mistake he'd made hit him like a ton of bricks and suddenly it was Katsuo's turn to be embarrassed at not realizing the situation he'd created. Glancing over his shoulder, Katsuo glanced to Roku-- who seemed similarly un-phased by the situation --and then to Shizune who had buried her face in her hands likely wishing that she were anyplace else at the moment. As Katsuo momentarily directed his attention to Roku, the Wind of War stepped forward and handed him a parcel of mail with a note attached to it which read "READ ASAP". Arcing an eyebrow at Roku's choice of timing, Katsuo quietly thanked him and turned back to Kotori in time for her to finish her introduction.

"O-oh! uhm... You can call me Kotori."

"I surely will. Thank you, Kotori." He replied with a smile, trying to keep his professional face on to avoid laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation.

Contrary to Kotori, her adviser Ikari chose not to introduce himself at all but rather jump directly into the meat of the meeting. While Katsuo was the type of guy who preferred an honest introduction before getting down to things, he could respect a man who's head was focused on getting their job done before anything else. It was one of the reasons that he respected Roku and Kazuki so much. They weren't the type of guys that he would send out to a fancy dinner party to meet with picky nobles who would turn their noses up at any failure to respect protocol-- Katsuo himself wasn't very good at those types of situations --but if Katsuo needed something done he could count on either of them to get what needed to be done, done. Looking down at the letters and the book which Ikari passed across the table to Katsuo, Katsuo nodded his head and picked them up from the table before moving to the far side to the location where he normally sat at these tables and set them down in front of his chair.

"Caliburn, robe please." He said aloud and with a flourish of his hand as though he were shaking out a blanket a long haori appeared in Katsuo's hand with a puff of white smoke. Colored a deep green with gold trim and with the symbol of the Sunahoshi Clan on it's right breast and on the back similarly emblazoned in golden threading, Katsuo slipped the haori on and plopped down in his chair to take a look at the articles he'd been given.

Starting first with the note that Roku had given him, Katsuo spared Roku one last glance as he read the remainder of the first note and set it aside before unfurling the scroll and taking in the words put down on it meant for him. Katsuo was no stranger to the concept of child soldiers. His people trained from extremely young ages to uphold the teachings of the Ranger Order and to hunt the desert to bring the fight to things that would otherwise make prey of mankind. In a way Masashi youth were all soldiers in a never-ending war against any and all evils of the Wind Country. The tradition was similar here in Sunagakure though as he understood it the Sunagakure Academy was entirely by volunteer. The unfortunate reality behind those traditions was that sometimes kids got killed in the line of duty whether by their own mistakes or... worse and that was something that Katsuo had always wrestled with to some level. Looking up from the page at Roku, Katsuo silently wondered what was going through the sennin's mind to have given him the note at this time, at this very moment.

"That reminds me. Roku, did you have any follow up information on that trespasser we spoke about previously?" Katsuo asked nonchalantly, returning his eyes to the pages in front of him as he flipped over the first note and set it face down on the table in front of him. The news it contained was... troubling to say the least but for now he had to mentally put it aside. The time to discuss that particular piece of news was later when they were not in mixed company.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

His face would show an expression of not necessarily shock, but surprise. A look of surprise you might see on a child's face when they are caught trying to steal a cookie when they were told no more cookies. It was a rather genuine-looking expression as he turned to Katsuo before peering back at the two Konohanians.

Thatta boy, Katsuo.

"Oh... uh... yea... is this the right time..?"

He would nervously rub the back of his neck as he would look towards his Kazekage before finally relenting in not only his expression but his words.

"Well, I guess it is for the best--you had actually asked about it earlier, right Ikari? Well, allow me to explain. Recently a trespasser had attempted to enter our village. They claimed they were from Konoha, after attempting to lie to me about who and where they were from. These used an alias, some name that I can't recall off the top of my head."
<i></i>
It was, like much of his facial expression performance earlier, an act mixed with fact. Some of his story was incredibly truthful while small bits were slightly altered. It wasn't his intent to be maliciously deceitful, the boy was not allowed in and he honestly did not see him as a threat, there was a chance that the two here had no idea of who the child was either, or that he was missing. The kid was an idiot. However, the story did seem to fold into other aspects from the note he received prior to Soromon's visit. Child murdering claims, then a runaway child appears from said village, it was a spooky coincidence. He didn't believe in coincidences.

"Kotori, Ikari--do you have any idea why this child was running away from his homeland? He seemed scared enough to the point he was willing to lie to me, in the face of his impending ass whooping, just to get within our gates."

His face would then return to Katsuo. He left the door open for Katsuo to press the matter or reprimand him. Pressing the topic means they get more information, but in the same token there was a chance that his nudging would already get some information from at least one of the two of the Konohanians and still leave the door open for Katsuo to reprimand him, saving face and solidifying Katsuo as someone they could trust. This was just a perfect storm that he could not forsee coming, but one that provided a very interesting possibility that one could never truly have in politics; an opportunity to measure trust. He had given Katsuo information that the other two did not realize he had, he had given Katsuo an opportunity to openly question a situation that vaguely touched on the subject matter and now the table was set for the Kazekage to see what sort of level of trust could be forged with Konoha. Of course, it was a risky little gamble but he did not see a drawback to his action to press the matter, so while there was still a small chance his words would cause the duo to immediately leave in frustration, he did not believe that would be the outcome, and even if they did it would still be advantageous as Katsuo could go to them in their shaken states and insert himself as the compassionate leader of Sand that way. What he believed would happen would be something along the lines of Kotori opening up emotionally, Ikari clarifying, Katsuo coming across as an understanding leader of another land and Roku continue to get some of the ire that was already there, he could better the village and the Kage's image in the eyes of outsiders or he could open the Kazekage's eyes to a potential quagmire within Fire Country that could drag them down. Either way, he felt like he had accomplished his job as not only a Sennin but as an ANBU. This time his mask just happened to be his regular face.

I mean, what else would one expect from a man with half a brain?

He would mentally chuckle as he prepared for where the conversation went from here.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Re: Invitation, Insurrection, Investigation and Other Words that Start with &quot;In&quot; [Requesting Katsuo, Kotori, Takashi's N

Not good enough...

It was that small voice in her head, crawling closer. Yet again she seemed to have failed of what had been expecting of her as a daughter of the Hokage, of an Heir... of everything. She failed on everything so far in her life. At least that was her own trail of mind going that way. Even here, where she honestly tried all her best to get this as right as possible, wanting to make a start on it. Yet, she felt like she blamed that this almost went wrong, and on everything on top. It seemed that there was a copy of the message that even she had in her own pocket. The smile remained, but her head wasn't even here anymore, not even listening as she was simply overruled by the Advisor. Her own mind started to rattle more and more regarding the subject, why did she even join in like this? What was the point in it anymore?

Out of the bottom of her heart, she had been trying her best as she was thrown into a lion's den. She had no idea on how to do, what to do. Yet for even trying, while in a room with 3 shirtless people that were even good looking, she got backfired and passed over. She started to feel a bit empty and not feeling well. Ever since she was young, the experiences about her were on the high side. As a 9-year-old child, she was already on ANBU cooperation, she had to keep up on everything. Going so far by learning stuff using her Ability, temporal strider a lot of times. Yet all her faith in herself seemed to be sapling away.
"Kotori, Ikari--do you have any idea why this child was running away from his homeland? He seemed scared enough to the point he was willing to lie to me, in the face of his impending ass whooping, just to get within our gates."
Shaken from her thoughts her green orbs would start to focus back to the man questioning, she took a tiny, tiny moment to think and started to react rather soon. "I have to excuse myself, I do not know the reason regarding the boy leaving the Leaf village, neither his mindset then and now. All I know we were in a state of War, outside the village with frost and almost inside the village with a few persons that went missing. We also had a few aiding these criminals inside our village. Inside the Bingo book, you can find those who we have marked. But no, I wouldn't know why this boy would run or lie. I try to spend my time in and around the academy and place myself around the villagers. So this comes, for me, as a surprise." In her mind, she would question why this would even come to mention. Something wasn't really adding up... Yet... She felt a bit getting sick to her stomach, probably the thoughts of earlier and what not more. She walked towards the door and would stand beside, taking a few breaths. Her stomach was turning and more and she was even beginning the question of how she was looking right now...
]"I... Am going to get some fresh air." She would say, her voice would be weaving as she would make a small bow and go outside, trying to search for a way out or somewhere right now. Leaving them as 4 to do everything That was a scene going through her head in the meanwhile and not happening. For her, in her mind, she wasn't even needed at this moment. She was once gone for her 5 years and now suddenly after being back, so much was asked of her she couldn't even make it true. This feeling made her tremble and break down inside, she wasn't able to learn, to stumble and pick up where she left 6 years ago.

Ooc message: MFT
Word counter: 662

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Re: Invitation, Insurrection, Investigation and Other Words that Start with &quot;In&quot; [Requesting Katsuo, Kotori, Takashi's N

Ikari sat on the table listening to everyone speaking. It seemed that the conversation had turned back to the attention of a child that had managed to get to the gates of Sand. He pondered for a few moments, though it seemed that the missing reports, most of them had managed to go to cloud. This was strange that one would turn up here, however he must make sure that that information was correctly passed across. Ikari twisted the cap of the water off before taking a sip from the water and turning his attention back to the two men that had come to speak with them.

“We have recently had a few missing attempts, since we have visited here no-one has been authorised to leave the village with a passport. So, this would leave us to say that this is a missing ninja from our village.”

Ikari had to consider how he was going to go with this news but decided that they had asked the question, so he would be able to ask a question back, it seemed like a fair plan for them to be able to ask a question in return for a question. He glanced towards Kotori, she did in this matter hold higher ranks. He allowed himself to look from the two men trying to gauge the situation before going in with the question. He didn’t want to press anything that wasn’t needed that was always the way he worked, directly and to the point.

“As it is one of our own, we would like the chance to speak with them if that is acceptable? If they have gone missing, and are indeed a fugitive of leaf, we would like to know why. If needed we can take them back to Leaf with us, but if you are happy with them exploring your land, we will not say anything against it.”

The words hung in the air, he waited to see what the response would be from this. Ikari glanced across to Kotori to see if she had any expression on her face to give away how she was feeling. With all the cards on the table, all the information that was required to be passed across done. The ball was in the court of the Kazekage so to speak.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Katsuo inclined his head as Roku asked him if now were the right time to have this discussion, trusting that Roku knew what he was doing. He wouldn't have asked Katsuo to bring it up if he wasn't sure that he wanted to talk about it in front of the two Leaf shinobi. Katsuo was far from a master in political dealings but he knew enough to trust his subordinates. Following that short interaction, Roku explained that he'd encountered a youth attempting to gain asylum within Sunagakure from Leaf after attempting to hide where he was from. Roku directed the conversation at Ikari and Kotori, the latter of which was visibly uncomfortable with the discussion, and Katsuo turned his gaze to them while joining Roku in waiting for their answer to the question.

"I have to excuse myself, I do not know the reason regarding the boy leaving the Leaf village, neither his mindset then and now. All I know we were in a state of War, outside the village with frost and almost inside the village with a few persons that went missing. We also had a few aiding these criminals inside our village. Inside the Bingo book, you can find those who we have marked. But no, I wouldn't know why this boy would run or lie. I try to spend my time in and around the academy and place myself around the villagers. So this comes, for me, as a surprise."

War? Frost Village? Katsuo's thoughts bounced around with Kotori's words. Since when was Leaf at war with another shinobi village? More than that, since when was there a Frost Village? Katsuo had never heard of them before but Frost made now the second shinobi organization that was relatively unknown that had popped up in the last few years, the first being the enigmatic Sound Village organization.

Kotori then stood and abruptly excused herself, leaving Katsuo to wonder if there were more to this which was being left unsaid. What did the daughter of the Hokage know about this situation that caused her to grow so visibly uncomfortable with the topic that she needed to excuse herself? Katsuo glanced to Shizune in the back who followed Kotori out with her eyes, clearly thinking the same thing as she continued to jot down her thoughts on her notepad without interrupting. Shifting his gaze from Shizune to Ikari, the other Leaf diplomat began to speak and pick up from where Kotori had suddenly left off.

“We have recently had a few missing attempts, since we have visited here no-one has been authorised to leave the village with a passport. So, this would leave us to say that this is a missing ninja from our village.”

Missing ninja. The very concept made Katsuo uncomfortable. He disliked the idea that once enrolled in a shinobi organization that someone was duty-bound to remain there forever or until they died. It was a rigid system of black and white that judged each and every member of their society as either friend or foe with no room for gray area between the two based entirely on a notion of perceived loyalty. So far Katsuo had met a number of people he'd consider friends in Sunagakure but not all of them had been state-sponsored shinobi. Shiruko Makoto was a shinobi from the Moon Country and Mizushima Nanami originally was from Water Country's now destroyed Mist Village if he understood correctly from what he'd been told.

And then there was Senju Kazuki and Senju Natsuru, both former missing-nin from Leaf and Katsuo considered them some of the strongest allies Sunagakure could have both in power and in loyalty.

“As it is one of our own, we would like the chance to speak with them if that is acceptable? If they have gone missing, and are indeed a fugitive of leaf, we would like to know why. If needed we can take them back to Leaf with us, but if you are happy with them exploring your land, we will not say anything against it.”

"If I am understanding Roku's report correctly, we don't have your missing shinobi. He was turned away at the gates." He looked to Roku as he spoke, looking for a confirmation that was true. He left it unsaid that he probably wouldn't have handed the kid over even if they did have him. They needed to know more about the situation in Leaf before they started handing people over to the Leaf government. There was a piece of him that hoped he was wrong and that they did have him and Katsuo would have an opportunity to talk to the kid. It might have shown him a bit more about what was going on in Leaf given the strange circumstances. "Either way, this serious business is dragging me down. Tell me more about this Lunar Festival."

They'd accomplished enough from the interaction to know that something strange was going on in Leaf. From the strange letter to Kotori's skittishness to the young rogue ninja that had attempted to gain entry to the village and Ikari's quickness to ask for him to be extradited to their custody, there were a lot of dangerous conclusions which might be drawn from that information but it was too soon for that. They needed to know more and ultimately they weren't going to get it from these two without creating an incident.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back