Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Its a fine day, people [Open] windows...

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia hummed to himself, looking around. The day was... quite calm. The desert sun was not as blazing hot as it could be luring quite a few people outside. Some dressed more casually, some clad in the heavier clothing you'd expect of Shinobi, going about and enjoying their days, even if there was an ever-present hint of tension in the air.

Technically there wasn't much to worry about as it was, the sand bending Shinobi thought to himself. The immediate threat of the swarm had seemingly been banished after the clash at the gates it would have seemed. There were reports of creatures still roaming the desserts in some points but it was more scattered, seemingly remnants of the great force. And so everyone allowed themselves a breather after the seemingly constant barrage of threats and cataclysms that besieged their home.

The higher you were in the rungs of the Shinobi ladder the last calm it was. There were no concrete reports about anything, but pretty much everyone agreed this was probably far from over...and the lack of clues or traces as to any next moves was disturbing. Harupia tried as he could to help with that, as well as his oracle duties, his own research, academy lessons... yeah he had his fair share of worries.

And yet here he was, strolling in casual attire, holding up what seemed to be a book of blank pages and a pencil. He already felt that feeling of overwhelming worry and paranoia...that lead him a path he was not too pleased with. So he found this moment to try and relax. And to try the capture the general peacefulness of the village in his art...just trying to find a good spot. Which was never easy. His attention was fully on the endeavor, though he managed toa void any sort of accidental bumps into other people or places... the question was how long.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Yes… you heard me… A mission…" Hato sighed heavily as he had heard Shion comment on how that would require labor. "We are all going to go." "Hueh… do we really need to?" Shion eyed the young boy who raised his hand already pointing towards the raven-haired male. "It is your fault in the first place that we have one!" His voice pitched over and the poor ginger got almost as red as his hair. The laugh of Shion filled the kitchen area. He placed his hands on the kitchen table and started to calm himself down, pink away a tear from laughing. "That was a new one…" he said and Hato just turned around. "Shut up…" he growled low and Nao even got outside. "You...alright? You sounded odd." "Not you too!!" The boy cried out towards the spirit as he would let his head hang.
"Fine!! Then we won't do it today! We will do it another day!" Hato called out to them both and that was only when Shion started to get moving. "Yushaaah, let's get going!" He exclaimed and they started to go on the move.

They had walked a little bit and eventually found someone who was seeming... different than the others. "Hmm.." Shion started to hum as he would walk towards the other. "Good spots where people do not watch often, are up high... as most people forget to look up." Hato looked towards their direction.

Last edited:

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Wake up. Train. Eat. Repeat. Wake up. Train. Eat. Repeat. Wake up. Train. Eat. Repe-

”AGGGGGGHHHHHH! NO MORE! ABSOLUTELY NO MORE!”

Somewhere in the Residential District of Sunagakure came the cries of desperation, causing unassuming passersby to jump with shocked alarm, from one of the roofs of the many buildings that housed the rapidly swelling population of shinobi, civilians, visitors, and refugees alike. The voice seemed to belong to a young boy who was clearly annoyed, and very much frustrated, and needed some way to vent. While yelling was certainly one way of relieving pent up frustrations, somehow Kazu did not feel at all relieved.

’Every day! Every single day, it’s like this! I’m not even sure that there was a time before all this constant routine!’ Sitting down on to the sandstone roofing where he’d been practicing some fighting stances, Kazu allowed his body to slump completely until he was laying face-up on the roof to stare directly at the bright blue sky above him. Letting out a long sigh, and placing both hands behind his head to create a nice pillow of flesh between his aching skull and the hard sandstone below him, Kazu closed his eyes for a moment. ’I need a break. Or a change of pace. An adventure, maybe?’

Slowly, a smile spread across the boy’s face. ’Yes, an adventure would do nicely right now.’

Cracking open his eyes, Kazu kicked his legs up and over his body. Using the momentum, and a touch of strength from his hands against the roofing, Kazu pushed himself off the sandstone to land directly on his feet. Suddenly, he’d found a new wellspring of energy within him – he was going to have some fun today. ’I’ve been working hard enough. Time to enjoy myself a little.’

Kazu could barely contain the excitement within him. Backing up as far as he could from the edge of the roof, Kazu began to sprint forwards with as much speed as possible – jumping off the edge of the roof, the young boy propelled himself through the air with all the grace and poise of a flying squirrel! ”WHOOO-HOOO!” he cried, attracting pointing fingers and scowls of disapproval alike from people on the streets below as he sailed from one rooftop to another. Landing smoothly, Kazu kept going – the game had begun!

With an exuberant grin, Kazu hopped from rooftop to rooftop; gaining speed, he began to do tricks and flips. His movements became more daring. The lengths of his jumps became wider. The grin on his face became larger. Laughing, now, Kazu was having a blast!

Landing on the next rooftop, Kazu began to feel a little cocky. Without properly checking where he was jumping, Kazu jumped early. He’d wanted to soar a little, feel the rush of wind in his hair, and perhaps show off a tiny bit. But when he realized how much larger this gap was than he’d anticipated, and that he was rapidly falling short of the next roof he’d thought would be much closer, Kazu realized he might have done something stupid.

Falling, Kazu looked frantically for where he was heading. A man, who appeared to be carrying some paper and a pencil, and two kids about his age who were walking up to him to chat. None of the three seemed to have noticed him. Naturally, there was only one thing to do: scream.

”AGGGHHH! HEADS UP! LOOK OUT, BELOW!”

Most people forgot to look up, so Kazu was sure he was about to crash head first into the group below him. ’Maybe I can… if I could just…’ His mind was searching frantically for a way out of this, but with the ground rapidly approaching he was running out of time. If no one did something soon, there would be a rather unpleasant collision in store for all of them.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia paused for a few moments, looking around...it almost sounded like someone was screaming... not that it was particularly unusual, there was a lot of hustle and bustle in the city around this time but that sounded familiar for some reason... huh.

As he did stand he looked around a bit, twirling the pencil in his fingers, just taking in the scene. People walking along the street, some watching through the various windows of shops, some entering restaurants. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed but whenever someone did turn to him he simply gave his usual wide smile and a small bow. For most people, this wasn't an unusual sight, as he liked to sit and do some drawing or practice his sand sculpting out in public. Perhaps the biggest oddity was the fact he...wasn't doing that for a while now.

His smile becomes a bit less pronounced as he thought about it. Look at him, the artistic free spirit spending so much time on researching things and being worried when a next potential attack tot he village would come. He really needed to strike a better balance between being carefree and over-worried.

As he was musing and looking around still he noticed two younger teens talking to each other before they seemed to notice him and start going in closer. Heh, he couldn't really recall ever meeting the two so that could be fun...and there was shouting again. This time, a lot closer, and the voice sounding much more familiar.

He looked upon instinct and saw the familiar visage of Kazu, falling down with seemingly little control over it. Not thinking much his eyes focused as hie dropped his drawing accessories, feeling chakra flow through his body and to the world. Seeing from under his robes and from the ground itself a cluster o sand formed, swinging from Kazu right and trying to scop him up mid-fall. It probably would be a bit of a bumpy catch, but still better than crashing down on people or the ground. He guided the sand cloud to the ground, letting Kazu stand up or sit down depending on how hurt he was and asking "You ok Kazu-kun?! Also, you might need to get some permission for stunts like that in the future". His gaze was more serious, a bit of a mix of concern for the ninja in training, and a bit of a stern this could have gone a lot worse.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Shion started to talk to the gentleman, there was this loud formed of a scream coming off from above. They looked around, but they both didn't see it for the time... so they both shrugged it off and started to move further towards the man. Hato was chewing gum, but that stopped a moment later as he heard the sound a lot closer now. "W-wha..." This was a first for him, guys falling out of the sky... Shion got this bright smile. "Guess it is raining man." He commented and Hato looked towards him with this look of 'are you kidding me'. He facepalmed but Shion moved closer. "If there is any injury... I can help with that, I help him all the time." Shion motioned towards Hato would turn his head as if he was saying 'yes, but no actually... I am fine'. If he was hurt, Shion would simply help him out as he was a Benevolent anyways.
Hato walked, only now, closer towards them and looked to them all. It seemed like these knew each other... But as he looked towards the guy that fell from the sky... something felt familiar... It irritated him that he didn't know why exactly so he would brush it off. Or at least try to do that. "That looked like amazing Sand casting..." He said simply as he wanted to break the silence a bit and let them acknowledge he was still there too. Shion would just chuckle at Hato's reaction and explain he wasn't that good at communicating, which wasn't entirely true... But Hato still scolded Shion for it.

MFT: 270

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The sandstone street below Kazu began to fill his vision. He was falling – inching closer and closer to a head-on-head collision with a small party below him – and running out of time to stop it. His mind was working in overdrive. ’I need to make a rope of some kind! Or perhaps I can make a temporary ledge, somewhere? What if I try to use the Sand Jutsu I’ve been practicing to cushion the fall or something?’ But it was too late. He hadn’t reacted quickly enough. Before Kazu could attempt his hastily slapped together plan, he felt something make contact with his skin. It was malleable, and soft, but still somehow rough. How was that possible? ’Wait, that doesn’t feel like a person underneath me…’

Kazu focused his eyes on what exactly it was that had caught him; he saw that it was a cloud of sand that had seemed to appear out of nowhere! Yet whoever was commanding this sand cloud had much finer control than anything Kazu could hope to make happen. As the sand cloud deposited him onto the ground, Kazu hoped down to land solidly onto the ground, thankful not to have found his way there with a more… forceful trajectory.

"You ok Kazu-kun?! Also, you might need to get some permission for stunts like that in the future." Where had he heard that voice before? Collecting his bearing, Kazu turned to see who had managed to save him from his own stupidity – it was none other than Harupia, the Oracle who had spoken with him back at the library all those weeks ago! Putting on a sheepish grin, Kazu looked cheerfully sorry; like a kid who had been caught doing something he really fun, that he knew he shouldn’t have been doing, but still somehow wanted to try it again.

”Harupia-sensei! Thank Legatus, it’s you! If you hadn’t caught me like that… well, I’ll just leave it at ‘I’m really glad to see you!’” Purposefully, he avoided the second half of his elder’s words about possibly needing permission to do something like that again. Now that he knew how fun that was, he was just going to have to get better at it so he wouldn’t fall anymore! Kazu turned to regard the two other boys, who were just beginning to have a conversation with Haru-sensei, and give his introductions with that same sheepish smile. ”Sorry about that, you two. I guess this isn’t a very good first impression, but maybe I can make it up to everyone?” His gaze shifted to include Harupia-sensei in his apologies. ”I’m Kazu, by the way. Nice to meet you!”

One of the two boys offered to help heal him if he was injured, but Kazu saw no cuts or bruises anywhere. Smiling, Kazu would reply, ”No thanks, I’m all good! I’m used to little dings and scratches, anyways. It’s you all that I’d glad didn’t get hurt at all!” The other boy, however, seemed to tickle something in the back of Kazu’s mind. ’Do I know him from somewhere?’ Kazu thought he looked familiar. But, then again, there were lots of new faces around the village these days – perhaps he had simply seen him while out running errands somewhere?

"That looked like amazing Sand casting," said the other boy, hesitantly. Kazu nodded in agreement, glad to find some common ground with the two strangers so quickly. ”I have to agree – I’d love to be able use Sand Jutsu that well, someday.”

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In hindsight, he probably should have told the other two kids to run off before he went into casting his sand cloud around... then again he was quite confident he'd be able to catch Kazu with the little issue... then AGAIN overconfidence had caused more harm than good over the history of Suna... but also one of them seemed to be in a jolly enough mood to crack jokes about someone falling from the sky...

Sometimes he surprised himself how scattered his thoughts could be even as he focused on manipulating the elements. Guess it was a good sign of some degree of mental fortitude. In the end, everything went smoothly, Kazu moving of the sand cloud on his own accord with little injury. He seemed fine...perhaps, a but to jovial after the thing that just happened. Haru returned the smile to him, though as he turned around to apologies to the other two, Haru loomed over him, a hint of a menacing Aura coming off from him. The teacher's wrath in one swift movement...

The movement being his hand chopping down on the top of Kazu's head. There wasn't a lot of force behind it, but enough to give the young shinobi a bit of a bonk on the head. With a sigh, he said "If I didn't catch you things might have gone a lot worse, not just for you. Consider that a reprimand for acting recklessly like that" his tone unusual strict for once, though it softened a second later as he said, "I trust that'll be the only one I'll have to give you..."

After the interlude his attention was brought back to the two other young boys in front of him, one offering to heal Kazu from any wounds he might have, the other complimenting him on the save. After Kazu spoke he said "Well, I couldn't bear the Sunaku name as proudly as I do if I didn't master my family namesake now could I? My name is Sunaku Harupia, pleased to meet you two... was there a reason why you wanted to approach me before Kazu decided to...drop in?" he ended, after a small internal struggle in his mind...but he couldn't really resist the pun there.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Shion mentioned he would be able to heal this person in front of them, it didn't seem to be needed in any case right now. Shion said it was fine then, but he shouldn't come crawling to him if he did need it then. Hato pinched the bridge of his nose on that comment of the other, but at the same time, he sighed softly as it was Shion so things wouldn't be mattering that much after all. He knew they would be able to help each other anyways and if not Hato would make sure they would be able to help each other. Sandy was a Sandy anyways it was almost like a major family in these parts...
As Kazu started to introduce himself, they too would start to do so. "Shinku Hato... Son of Kaen Shinku..." Hato's words were calm and collected, but Shion, on the other hand, made the pure joke around it. "It is me~! The best of the Healers out there! And your debt collect--" At this point, Hato smacked the other right on the head as Shion crouched down Hato sighed. "Sorry about him... He's Shion... Dunno his last name though." He would sigh and look towards the guy covering his head.. "Mean Hato-kun." "So..? Then don't goof that much around..."

"The reason we kind of stopped you in the tracks was to see if you were doing alright... You seemed lonely. so was wondering if you needed help with something... or rather both now..."

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazu had thought that, just maybe, he was in the clear as far as Haru's scolding was concerned. He had turned away, nonchalantly speaking to the pair of youths who had inquired if he was okay, which meant he couldn't have anticipated that most deadly of swift movements — the dreaded hand chop! Kazu felt the bonk on the back of his head and nearly bit in own tongue in surprise.

"If I didn't catch you things might have gone a lot worse, not just for you. Consider that a reprimand for acting recklessly like that. I trust that'll be the only one I'll have to give you..." Kazu grimaced as he rubbed the back of his head where the heel of Haru's hand had come down on his skull. 'I could've caught myself...probably.' But Kazu wasn't about to voice that kind of thought. "Yes, Harupia-sensei. I will be more careful with my actions, in the future." Careful not to get caught, anyhow.

The two boys began to introduce themselves. Kazu had to restrain the curious questioning that bubbled up inside of him as soon as the first one — the easily goaded red-haired boy, Hato, who was seemingly quiet when not frustrated by his friend Shion — seemed to indicate a relationship between himself, Kaen, and Kasen. Kazu knew both of the latter two, each having mentored or watched over him at times during his time here in Sunagakure, and wondered how this boy knew them. He shared the Shinku name. 'Is he a cousin of theirs?'

"Shinku?" asked Kazu, blinking once before regarding Hato, "That's funny." Perhaps this wasn't the time for a long-winded catch up session, while trading stories of relations and acquaintances, what with the others in the group not having any place in such a conversation. 'I'll have to ask him later,' thought Kazu as he took stock of the boy before him, 'there might be more to this than I realize.' Familial relations might explain why Hato had seemed so familiar, but something still tugged at the back of Kazu's mind. 'I'm almost sure I've met this boy before.' Shaking his head a bit, realizing he'd been daydreaming and thinking to himself a bit, Kazu held up his hands as if to say "I've got nothing to hide." "Sorry, I didn't mean funny like that. Just...strange. Er, wait, that's not quite right either..."

Kazu was good at digging holes for himself; he was prone to tripping in them. Doing his best to un-trip himself, the boy instead tried to divert attention to a new topic: Harupia-sensei. "Whatever you all were up to before I...as you put it...dropped in, I'd be happy to help with? I guess I kind of owe it to you all after such a startling surprise!"

[ooc: Sorry about the delay. Will do my bets not to let it happen again!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back