Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

It's All in the Mind [Genjutsu Class]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimiki%20Icon_zpsju44f8xg.jpg

Mochizuki Kimiki
Mochizuki Kimiki sat at the large desk in the front of the room as she stared at her clipboard, completely disregarding any of the students as they walked in. Of course, they would probably believe her to be a student herself, as she was cursed with the pre-teen gene. She would forever be tiny in all the wrong places. The chalk board behind her had the same information that was on the bulletin board at the entrance of the academy.
It's All in the Mind: Mind Games to Get Ahead
11:00 - Classroom G3
Bring your mental A-game.​

The pigtailed woman eventually lifted her eyes right as the clock hit the 11. She remained seated, probably to hide the fact that she was shorter than a few of the older students. "Today we will be learning about Genjutsu, the most intrusive type of jutsu a shinobi can learn. I will be your sensei for the morning, Mochizuki Kimiki." She looked at each of the students at the desks. Many were rather forgetful, with few traits to make them stand out. However, there were some that peeked her interest. Perhaps they could actually put her lesson to use. "Before I begin, I want you all to state your names and give your own understanding of Genjutsu." She pulled a sheet before her so she could make notes. She needed to know who and what she had to work with.
Welcome all!

Just some quick notes:
-Once the first person posts, a three-day time limit will begin. Please post within 3 days after the first student post. After that, post within 3 days of my posts.

-If for some reason you don't think you can meet the deadline (unmotivated, busy, family crisis, etc), please pm me before the deadline. I want to do what I can to help out, and may extend the time limit a day or two if need be.

-There is no turn order! Don't wait around for someone else to post. As soon as you can, post.

-If you have any questions, please send them my way and I will answer them.

-Happy learning!

Sashine

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She walked past the crowd of students in the halls, ignoring their faces and heading straight to the class. The young girl pulled the door open and with what looked like and was a child trying to glare those around her down and seem tougher than she was, she looked for an appropriate seat, taking one in the front of the aisle and furthest from the door as she relaxed, going back to looking like what she was, a weak, insecure child looking for direction.

The ticking of the clock above the teacher's desk was about to reach the time it displayed on the board and the older girl who sat on said desk, remained in place. Sashine's mouth turned and her nose crumpled as if she had smelled trash and in a way, that was what it was. It seemed like a major show of disrespect and though Sashine knew a thing or two on the subject matter, the careless, calm expression pissed her off. As the girl spoke, it took a few seconds to realize what the situation was. Sashine's face went blank for a while as she processed this and the introduction went over her head.

With her usual front slightly shaken, an attempt to quickly pull it back together overcame her as she stood up from her seat, turning to face both the class and the teacher, her back facing the wall. Her eyes closed as she held a fake, dimpled smile toward those who were present. "I am Ueno Sashine-san. It is nice to meet you all!", she cocked her head to the side, as she waved to no one in particular in an arc motion. "I think... Genjutsu is when a mental link is made with chakra with someone else to change or feel their... senses?", the uncertainty in her statement was followed by a look of puzzlement as her brows furrowed and her gaze looked down to further think it through by focusing her vision on nothing in particular.

This as well, wasn't the complete truth as Sashine thought she knew more on the subject than she lead on but didn't feel like putting the effort into vocalizing or felt like giving much personal information on her insight. It was always safer in her mind to hide behind her wall.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimiki jotted down each child's name, along with a note on their answer. Some went way too far into detail, to the point where she had to stop them from babbling. Others simply shrugged, or admitted to knowing nothing on the matter. A certain snarky boy had the gall to state that it was, in fact, Kimiki's job to answer that question. The unfortunate student was instantly kicked from the class with an auto-fail. Once everyone was done, Kimiki placed a star beside Sashine's name. The woman liked her answer. It was simple, yet held more truth than most of the answers given.

"It seems I've got my work cut out for me with a few of you. Let's get right down to it. Ueno was correct. In essence, it is a mental link between yourself and your target. With a strong enough mind, you can manipulate anyone to do anything. Make them believe they are on fire. Place nightmares within them. Drudge up fears they didn't even know they had. Genjutsu can break a person before they even lift a finger." The teacher's voice was stern. "But playing with the mind of others can be a dangerous thing. One slip, and you may find yourself a drooling husk instead of your opponent." She paused to let those words sink into her class.

Kimiki finally rose from her chair and erased the board. She had to stand on her tip-toes to get the bit at the top. Obviously it hadn't been her who wrote on the board previously. Taking her chalk in hand, she wrote down four words, speaking them aloud as she did. "Audial, Visual, Kinetic, and Will. These are the four types of Genjutsu. Understanding these subtypes will give you an edge when facing opponents. I will educate you on them now." Turning back to her desk, Kimiki produced a pointing stick. She slapped it on the chalkboard under the first word she would talk about. "Audial. For those with a big enough vocabulary, you will have already guessed that this involves Genjutsu that effects ones hearing. Whether it be causing sound that isn't there, or taking way their sense of hearing, this type tends to lower a target's awareness." Another smack to the chalkboard caused one student to snap awake from his slumber. "Visual. Rather self-explanatory really, this type effects sight. It can make a person see a different environment, cause strain to their eyes, et cetera. It often will lower an enemy's accuracy." Another strike to the board caused a girl in the front row to flinch in fear that the stick would shatter, coating her in wooden splinters. "Kinetic. This one involves the sense of touch. Make your opponents believe their weapons are burning hot, cause them to feel a tap from behind when nothing is there. This type is rather versatile, and there are many different side effects available." One more slap sounded in the classroom. "Will. This effects a person's thoughts and feelings. From causing drowsiness to striking fear into their hearts, this type tends to cause quite the trauma. Most often it will lower the mind's defenses, making targets more susceptible to your other Genjutsu."

Kimiki placed the stick on the desk and scanned the class. She could tell that her lesson would be lost on a few of them, but at least there was a spark in others. "Time for some questions. No, not you asking me questions. I will be asking the questions of you, so open your ears." She gave each student a question to answer, some overly difficult to those she obviously didn't like. When her eyes reached Sashine, Kimiki asked an opinion-based question. "Ueno. What type of Genjutsu do you think is best and why?" Once everyone had a question Kimiki awaited their answers.
Looks like it's just you and me. Since that is the case, there is no time limit, so post as slow or fast as you wish.

Sashine

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sashine ignored the answers that the others gave. Despite not knowing the subject matter as well as others had explained it, she felt that her classmates' words were unnecessary blabbering. She smiled as one boy was kicked from the class. There was always a sense of satisfaction when things didn't go right. Sashine didn't expect for her name to be mentioned after the rest of the students had answered. She locked her gaze with the instructor to avoid looking around the class to see what the reaction was. Somehow, the young girl felt that she would be judged for being picked. As the teacher went further into the explanation of Genjutsu, Sashine imagined each situation but instead of feeling the fear of it happening to her, even after the warning, she felt a sense of pleasure as she imagined doing it to others. Having potential power.

The young girl felt slightly weirded out to be taught by someone who could have passed for her age and it distracted her to see the instructor standing up and seeing her full size. It wasn't until the small lady spoke that she noticed that all of a sudden, there were words on the chalkboard and by the time she looked back at the teacher, there was a stick in her hand. She shook her head to try and clear it to refocus as if it was an Etch A Sketch and begin to write the notes down. Sashine knew that these actions could be done with Genjutsu but she had never analyzed it enough to realize that you could break all Genjutsu into categories. With each smack on the chalkboard, Sashine felt her fingers speed up in fear that she wasn't going at the right pace to keep up. She wasn't sure why she felt fear of not doing the work but that might have just been a reaction to hearing a threatening sound come from something with such a long reach.

The teacher stopped speaking for a second and Sashine looked over what she had written and she was sure she understood it. It was simple enough looking at the words on the board to understand what was going on. At least for her. Even then, it seemed like many questions were hard to answer and she was sure she knew was what going on.
"Ueno. What type of Genjutsu do you think is best and why?"

The child took some time to think it through. A very obvious answer was saying it depended on the situation and your personal skills but that seemed like a very open ended answer with little interest. Another option was choosing the most versatile which was Kinetic but that was also a very generic answer in her mind.

"Will.", she took a moment to structure the words in her mind and answer truthfully. "If it lowers the mind's defenses, it works like an amplifier to the rest of your Genjutsu and anything that amplifies damage should be done first. Uhmm...", she thought of possible counterarguments to continue debating her point. "... and if this is your strongest and it works, your other Genjutsu doesn't have to be as strong to be effective. "
OOC: I have you all to myself, woo <3

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimiki's eyes never left Sashine as the little girl answered the question. A smile spread to her lips, something none of the students present had seen until this very point. This girl's got it. There was so much in Sashine that Kimiki saw. The innocent body, yet deadly mind. The pink hair. It was like looking in a mirror of the past. This girl would be destined for something great one day, despite what others may think.

Pulling herself out of such thoughts, Kimiki finally gave a nod. "Indeed." It was a simple answer, but the tone gave away her immense approval. Focusing back to the class as a whole, Kimiki crossed her arms. "Time for the applications part of this class. Everyone will pair off. You each will perform a Genjutsu, and have a Genjutsu placed upon you. Learn to love and fear this power."

The young woman began pairing students off, and Sashine got put with a rather feeble looking boy with blonde hair. He stuttered, tears forming in his eyes. "I-I'm Tai. P-please treat me kindly?" Once everyone was coupled and ready, Kimiki wrote a jutsu down with simple the hand seals underneath. "For this part, you will use the Will Genjutsu, Lethargy, to cause your partner to become drowsy." She mumbled under her breath. "Thank Sonoko for not letting me choose something lethal." Returning her voice to normal, she gave a clap. "Begin." Tai looked at his partner, his body lightly shaking from nerves. "Y-you can go first. I-I can take it." He did his best to keep eye contact with Sashine as he prepared for her future attack.

Sashine

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sashine gave an overly cute smile as she noted the teacher's approval. The small bursts of praise made the young girl feel something that triggered her mind, her heart, her soul. There was always a rush in being praised, no matter where it came from and though it seemed like this feeling could lead her down a slippery slope if she got carried away with it over the years, for now, it was something that made her... happy. Satisfied. She needed these feelings somewhere in her life, even if it meant getting them from all the wrong places. She could feel that some of her classmates had begun to look at her weird and a sort of split could be felt between her and her classmates. Something that made her feel special yet kept them at arms length. It was only a slight shift in her and the others but what started as small praise, would turn into hope, this into expectation and soon enough, she would be stuck portraying who she thought she represented to others instead of who she was. As for her relationships with her classmates, she could feel questions of doubt growing in them 'Why is she praised and not me?'. The seed of jealousy had been planted and Sashine knew what that was like. She didn't have to ask others for their emotions, she could feel<i></i> them. At home, this was how she felt toward her siblings, this sense of snowballing inadequacy as the gap in power grew. She related. Yet somehow, feeling liked by a superior for the first time was pleasing and it was something she would try to continue to obtain, even if it meant making the gap between herself and others that would eventually form.

With the determination to further prove herself, the pink haired child prepared for the activity at hand. She felt no fear of being taken over by a Genjutsu as of now but her mind told her that it was because she hadn't experienced it; yet, another part of her made her think that she had nothing to fear , not now at least, not here. Sashine got up from her spot and moved over to a cute boy, his big blue eyes wet from what could have been fear. Sashine locked eyes with the boy, smiling to reassure him. "Hey Tai, I'm Sashine.", the girl placed her hands over the boy's arms and slowly moved them up and down to warm him. Hopefully, this would help ease the boy and make him more comfortable around her. "I won't hurt you. We're friends.", she kept her gaze locked onto his beautiful eyes. If he hadn't moved her hands away, she would keep one hand on top of his hand, turning to look at the instructor to hear the rest of the instructions. She felt happy to be able to try something that sounded safe on her first time and yet, the thrill and sense of adventure had gone, leaving her with just a sense of serenity to do it and do it well. Sashine turned to look at the boy, still seemingly nervous, Sashine's mind working at full speed to go about the task in the best way.

In reality, she didn't care about who this boy was and she did not at all think of him as a friend. If the girl wanted good results, she needed a partner that wasn't freaking out, especially if the goal was to put him to sleep (this is what Sashine thought her goal was, at least). She also needed to make a connection with the person. Sashine wasn't sure but she felt that it might work better if the guy wasn't as defensive toward her and also, something like a promise of friendship as well as the affection and comfort might help in making a link. Maybe. Who know. It was best to go at the task from all angles.

"Hey Tai, do you think I'm... cute?", Sashine tried her best to blush and looked down toward the boy's feet with a sense of sudden uncertainty, her hand moving back over his if he had moved it or slightly tightening its grip to show a sense of being carried away by emotion. This of course was a distraction. The boy didn't need to expect what was coming toward him and what other way to distract him than with something like emotions? His answer didn't matter, just his thought process. While he took his time freaking out, thinking, exploding, Sashine prepared to do what she felt were the first steps. She looked back up into Tai's eyes and thought about his mind, mentally searching for the nearest mind but also one that felt like Tai looked: weak, nervous, nice and shy. She imagined a sort of telepathy as she felt for Tai, focusing chakra into her head and slowly imagining it like a thin spider thread that appeared from her head and grew out towards her partner, then as it touched his head, she imagined the thread of chakra energy coming back and thickening. Back and forth the thread went, becoming thicker and more stable as a link between them become like a tentacle that started from her head and touched his. "Sorry Tai, I... I shouldn't have asked. Can I get a hug?", this would hopefully go along further distracting him and the request would focus his attention from any sort of nerves that he would have had. If he complied and hugged her, Sashine would think of a calm/drowsy memory. Sitting down alone, on a hill, eyes closed, the soft wind against her face, her body so soothed, it could fall asleep, the warm sun hitting her face as its about to go down. She gave a slow inhale and exhale as she felt this sensation, sending this feeling through the chakra, physically imagining her wave of emotions, a light yellow color of rippling waves traveling through the tentacle of clear chakra and into the boy's head to calm him, holding the boy in a hug to further keep him at ease.

If the boy did not choose to hug her, she would say "Oh... I'm... I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable...", sending the chakra in the same manner as above without the help of the physical contact.

--------------------------
WC: 1061

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tai calmed down a little as Sashine gave her name and told him they were friends. He gave a small sniff. "We are?" He gave a faint smile, happy to hear that this new acquaintance already considered them on good terms, especially since she'd proven herself in the class already. He didn't resist as she moved her hands on his arms. It was very comforting, much like what his mother would do from time to time. Sashine's question about her appearance caused the boy to blush, and he shyly look down to the ground. "Y-yeah. You look cute. I-I like pink." He looked back up to find his eyes meeting hers. They reminded him of chocolate. He liked chocolate. He couldn't pull his gaze away, nor did he want to. Upon her next request, there was no hesitation. He wrapped his arms around her, his eyes beginning to droop. Calming images formed in his mind, though he wasn't sure why they were there. But it didn't matter. All that he could focus on was how sleepy he was, and how warm Sashine was. However, the girl miscalculated, and ended up putting Tai completely to sleep. His full weight was soon upon her, and caused her to fall to the ground, with him snoozing on top of her.

Kimiki had been observing all the students, but kept an ear and eye upon young Sashine. There was no doubt in Kimiki's mind, this girl had the manipulative gene deep within her. Most probably wouldn't see it, but as a fellow manipulator, it was quite obvious to the woman. Hearing the thump from nearby, all the students turned to see Tai flopped upon Sashine. They began to giggle, and Kimiki didn't stop them. The little student needed to learn consequences. Control was just as important as power. One of the nicer boys in the class came to Sashine's aid, assisting her in removing Tai if she allowed it. Either way, Tai was placed back at his desk, still fast asleep. After the children got a good laugh, Kimiki grabbed her pointing stick and slapped it against the desk. "Enough." The room instantly fell into silence except for the light snoring of Tai. "You all pass. Get out of my classroom." The children bolted toward the door, grabbing their things in a hurry. Kimiki, however, got in Sashine's way. "Except you Ueno. We need to have a little one-on-one time."

Kimiki used her stick to point at a spot on the floor. "Stand." Once the girl was in place, Kimiki spoke again. "You are far more advanced than any of these children, at least when it comes to Genjutsu. You understand that there are many forms of manipulation, both in and out of the mind." She gave a nod of approve, but her face remained stern. "But I won't allow you to get cocky, at least not yet. You may be stronger than children, but you have a ways to go before you can affect the mind of one such as I." Kimiki slipped her left hand under Sashine's chin. "I will demonstrate."

The teacher sang a small melody, casting her Genjutsu through the instrument of her voice. A tree appeared to sprout from the ground underneath Sashine's feet, entangling her within roots, vines, and limbs. Kimiki disappeared for a moment, only to reappear behind the girl, coming out of the trunk of the tree itself. "You cannot move, not an inch. Your mind cannot stand against my own. I could slit your throat here and now if I wanted to." Kimiki lightly slid a finger across Sashine's exposed neck before disappearing back into the tree. "But that's not all I could do. What are you without your hearing Ueno?" Another small melody sounded, and the tree binding the student dissipated. The singing began to sound distant, until nothing could be heard. Kimiki brushed against Sashine's shoulder and walked to the desk. With her stick still in hand, Kimiki stared at her pink-haired student and smacked the desk. Sashine would hear nothing, but would know that there should have been a large cracking sound. The girl's hearing slowly returned as Kimiki drew close, slipping her hand yet again under Sashine's chin. She stared into the girl's eyes and smirked. "I wonder, do you fear the Reaper?" A black figure took shape behind Kimiki. It was a black-cloaked skull with gleaming red eyes, its scythe looking about to chop into Sashine's back. Before striking the girl, it disappeared, and Kimiki took a step back. "No, maybe you don't. But I can find what you fear. Deep within the mind, there is always something." Another creation formed, but this one, not even Kimiki knew. Whatever it was, it was Sashine's fear, and possibly hers alone. Perhaps it was a spider, or a snake? Or maybe something not so typical. Maybe it was a relative, a stranger, or a concept in physical form. Kimiki awaited the reaction of her final jutsu.

Sashine

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She felt the boy's weight over her body and being the weak child she was, that was all it took to send her backwards, the blonde boy on top of her. "Oof." A small grunt came out of her mouth from the weight and the sound of the collapse was enough to cause a scene in the room as a fit of giggles went over everyone. She herself thought the situation was funny despite being at the center of it so she gave in to her childish tendencies and giggled lightly along with everyone else, focusing the humiliation on the boy who fell asleep rather than on the girl who got squished by him. A boy came over to help with the body and alongside him, Sashine carried Tai's body, bear-hug style and with the boy, moved him to his desk. She laughed along with the students at the silly situation, she felt successful and even now, she thought that the task had been to put them to sleep and not just relax them and thus, she felt no remorse for the situation, only a sense of accomplishment. Genjutsu had been fun. The laughter was broken by the familiar smack of the stick that could break an eardrum if it were close enough and they were dismissed. Sashine picked her materials up at a much slower rate than the others, having no real hurry for a break, this had been enough fun for her at the moment and thus, she was one of the last ones to exit the room. Or at least, attempt to do so before she was stopped.

She looked up at the instructor confused. A feeling inside the young girl told her that she would be praised and that she had won something special. That which she craved for, she would get, attention. With a cocky walk, she sauntered over to the spot on the room that was indicated. Sashine tried to internalize the joy she could feel at the moment. Not only were her suspicions of being different and special, justified, she felt like she could progress in power and be strong. Despite this, Sashine understood that at her current state and maybe even her entire lifetime, she wouldn't catch up to someone older than her, especially an instructor of that same subject. At many points, the girl wanted to add something in and talk her way out but she saw no reasonable entry. The woman was stubborn and moved in one direction only, forward. Sashine simply nodded.

The child quirked an eyebrow as the woman began to sing. A plant began to grow under her feet and it rapidly grew around her body forming a tree with Sashine as the core of the tree. She squirmed in place out of instinct rather than fear. There was a sense of trust toward her elders so as of now, there was no real reason to freak out. In Sashine's mind, this was just a simple, reasonable example of stronger Genjutsu that would be explained. Sashine could hear the teacher behind her, as if she vanished quickly and grew out of the trunk. The words that the pink haired woman spoke made Sashine slightly uneasy and she tried to squirm a bit more from the vines. She didn't feel as comfortable now. As the finger slid across her neck, Sashine's body froze and a chill went down her back, the hairs on the back of her head standing and she held in her breath as if she wouldn't be noticed if she didn't move an inch. Another song began to play, her ears focused on the harmony and slowly it went into the distance, but that wasn't the only sound that went with it. She couldn't hear the small steps, or her own breathing, the background hum of the school and she could finally move as the tree faded back into the ground. "H-hello... Mochizuki-sensei?", she opened her mouth and nothing seemed to come out. "Mochizuki-sensei!", she tried to repeat in a loud voice yet again, Sashine could hear nothing and she could feel cold sweat drops on her forehead. She wanted to run at the teacher as Sashine saw her walk past her back toward her large desk but she contained herself back, unsure of what she'd do if she got close enough to her. Her body took a step forward, her hand lifting up a quarter of the way up before the stick hit the board and her body flinched despite the smack not sounding out at all.

The woman to her and touched her again. Sashine locked into place out of confusion as her sense came back. Sashine in truth was lost. she didn't understand what was going on, lost in her environment. Sashine's eyes grew as the figure appeared behind the instructor and the child tried to take steps backwards and away but the reach of the scythe was so long that no matter where she moved, she would be hit. She was cornered. She continued to walk backward and after three steps, hit her sides on the corner of a desk falling to the opposite side on the class floor. She was breathing heavily and tears were forming in her eyes. She couldn't bring herself to cry as the scythe swept the air quickly and Sashine embraced for it, her arm trying to block the blade as her eyes closed shut.

Nothing. Sashine took a deep, shaky breath in and out as she opened her eyes to find the woman standing there once more. The student tried to blink and force the tears in, keeping them from showing her weakness but there was little she could do as the words hinted at a continuation of the punishment Sashine felt she was receiving. The room turned darker and at the door of the classroom, she could see her mother, a hard scowl on her face, her eyes gleaming with disgust as she looked down at the crying child on the floor before she faded. She could hear her siblings in the background laughing and murmuring amongst themselves but she couldn't see them. In front of Kimiki, Sashine saw her father, a similar scowl and a look of anger. Everything went quiet for a while before she spoke

"I...I'm s-sorry Fat-ther. I'm-I'm trying v-very hard, I j-...", the shaky breathing increasing, her chest heaving.

"Shut your mouth, you worthless rat. Looking at you makes me sick. You can't even keep up and you carry the family name around? Disgusting."</B><i></i>, the illusion got closer to the girl's body and with her hand, she tried to drag herself away, unable to comply with her body enough to stand up or turn away.

"I.. can do better. I can.", Sashine's eyes closed shut from the stupid tears that wouldn't keep her vision straight. <B>"No one wants to see your face around here until you do something right.", Sashine felt the spit on her leg and turned her head to the floor, continuing to try and hold herself together and continuing to fail at the task. "This is all crying will get you." Her stomach hurt from the work that her diaphragm had put into speaking when the oxygen just didn't seem to go down her throat from how tense her entire body was. She tried to keep her sobbing as quiet as possible, only putting a bigger strain on her stomach.

----------------------
WC: 1245

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimiki looked down at the small girl, Ueno's body shaking lightly as she tried to hide her fear and despair. The teacher released her last Genjutsu, and the image of Sashine's father dispersed. "This is what you should fear. This is what can become of you if you allow yourself to become too prideful. Any of your fellow students could rise to this power without you realizing, and then you will be the one dozing at your desk. Or worse, blubbering in the corner." Kimiki's words were harsh, but soon a song was sung. It was calm and quiet, far different than the ones Sashine had heard prior. Very gently, Kimiki placed a hand on the student's head. "But this is how strong you can become as well. Harden yourself and your mind, and no one can hurt you. Not me. Not your classmates." She knelt down to look Sashine in the eye. "Not your father." She uttered this solely based on what she'd heard Sashine mutter. It was possible that this sentence meant nothing. Or perhaps, this sentence meant everything.

Kimiki removed her hand as she rose. "Ueno. I see me when I look at you. You try and try, but there's someone better." The woman's nose scrunched as she thought of her older sister. A neutral expression returned as she again faced Sashine. "If you wish to become stronger in Genjutsu, I will always be here to help. Request Mochizuki Kimiki either here at the academy, or at the Mochizuki Camp, and I will train you to become better. Your mind will become a fort. No one will be able to call you weak, to laugh at you. You will never have to justify yourself to anyone, because you will have surpassed them."

Kimiki turned her back to Sashine, hiding her own tears. "You are dismissed." The Mochizuki woman remained silent and motionless long after Sashine had left. She let only a few tears roll down her cheeks before taking her arm and wiped at them with her sleeve. She weakly smiled to herself. "To think I'd get invested in a kid." She slapped her cheeks lightly to regain her composure before turned towards the desks and spotting Tai. She scowled. "But not all kids." Kimiki grabbed her pointing stick and approached the sleeping student.

[Topic Left after Sashine leaves and Tai gets a whoopin']
Congratulations! You passed the class!

Go ahead and post ->here<- saying where you want your special 5 stat points to go. Then add those stats in your next training, linking to the rewards thread.

If you ever want to pursue more training with Kimiki (either in another Genjutsu class, or as simple character development) just let me know! I'll be happy to oblige!

Sashine

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She didn't want to listen, to open her eyes, to speak. It wasn't precise to say that she feared Genjutsu now. She feared this weakness of not being able to do anything, of others finding her weakness and exploiting it, she feared a path where she would find little worth in living because of this weakness. She was unsure at the moment if this fear pushed her away from Genjutsu because of the possibility of failure being shoved into her mind or if this experience further fueled the flame that needed to burn to outshine the rest. The calming wave went over her and quieted her fears and the tension in her body that she held in for a while and with the wave of serenity, the tears that were being restrained went down her face and Sashine stood with her head looking down at the floor, a strong sense of mistrust and defeat that came with the relaxation as she could now analyze the situation better. If Sashine had felt comfort in this classroom before, it had washed away for this moment. This was not a place to relax. Home, school, outside, it was all a war-place and she would need to realize this as soon as possible. Sashine didn't react to the touch of the teacher, she was ready to be a rag doll if that was what would happen next because Sashine was sure she couldn't hold up a finger to stop it from happening. The words were touching but Sashine wasn't in a state to react to them, she simply stored them in her mind to hear them when she ran the day over in her head later on. Kimiki's face moved in front of hers as her father was mentioned and even though Sashine wanted to avoid locking eyes with the person who had made her feel so much in such a harsh way, she couldn't help but feel a close connection. It was hard to decipher for Sashine whether she should feel fear or trust in the teacher and maybe the answer was to feel both because it would be the most logical way to approach a situation where you're taught to kill or be killed.

Help was offered to become stronger but Sashine's mind went back into auto-pilot, half-processing the sentences until she heard the words that made her look up at the teacher, longingly. To not be weak, to be a fort, to surpass. These were the things she wanted. She wasn't sure which had the most priority between the three but nonetheless, these were things she would accomplish. At this point, Sashine stood staring with big eyes at the teacher, an expression in between weeping (though no tears would come out at this point) and hopeful. The small pink haired woman turned her back and dismissed her, Sashine taking the opportunity to quickly grab her items and get out before anything else happened despite the twinge of hope that lingered at the end of her lesson. Inwardly, Sashine knew she'd enjoy being in the Academy.

--------------------------------
WC: 514 [Topic left]
OoC: Thank you for the roleplay, Tomo! I look forward to roleplaying more with you as well as Kimiki! I'm sure a special bond could be made there!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back