Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Journey to the West [Requesting Raikage]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC:
[Thread entered with NPC Hikaru Miu]

IC:
It was time. She had been waiting for a long time now, but now it is time for her to meet the Raikage to push her agenda. Why Miu did not do this before? Well, partly because there was no Raikage to even speak of. Now that there was someone who seemed to know her job and was proactively rejuvenating Kumogakure, it was time.

Knock. Knock. Knock. She had scheduled an appointment with Juuichidaime Raikage

Hikari Miu
ANBU Captain - Liaison Officer​

Today, Miu was dressed as with any day. Although she was an ANBU, she was always in a more traditional garb that represented her Onmyouji origins, which also doubles to an effective formal dress. As a Liaison Officer, she found herself in this garb so often compared to her actual ANBU garb, that she decided to just wear it at all times. However, she does have her mask on, as per the ANBU code.

Silently, she stood there outside the office, until she would be allowed in.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Another day, another meeting. This time it was some liaison officer from the ANBU branch requesting a meeting. Kitsune, being the Raikage, of course obliged and had it scheduled. At the appointed time, the secretary would show Miu in, and Kitsune would gesture for her to have a seat. ”Please. Be seated.” she said ”Now then, the scheduling was pretty light on details, so please, do enlighten me as to the nature of your inquiry.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miu, upon permitted, took a seat facing the Raikage. She almost raised her hand to remove her mask, but her hand stopped just a fraction into the movement, instead resting back in its original position on her lap. Instead, she launched straight into why she was here, today.

"Greetings, Raikage-sama. My name is Hikari Miu, a Liaisons Officer for the ANBU." Yep, she spoke her full name. Her real full name. Many other ANBU had codenames that they would use in absolutely all cases, but not Miu. Although she was part of the ANBU, her role meant that it was better for her to not lie about her identity... or about much, at all. That was not to say she was not accustomed to lying, just that there were things she could offer upfront to gain trust, things that she would almost undoubtly had to reveal anyways. Her full name, was one of those things.

"I do apologize for the lack of details when I scheduled the meeting. While what is discussed today is not necessarily something that will need to be kept secret going forward, I must nonetheless remain careful and vigilant." With that explanation aside, Miu continued into the main purpose of the meeting today. "I will not further waste your time, Raikage-sama. The purpose of my visit today, is to gain permission to establish contact and a long term working relationship with the Henkeisho Clan, who currently reside west of Kumogakure in the Country of Lightning. This is a mercenary clan, whom according to our historians, branched off of the Santaru clan ages bygone, so long ago that that is the only knowledge we have of their origins. Our Shinobi have met with their interference a number of times while out of missions. While there had been no casualties on either side, they have nonetheless represented additional costs to our missions in various ways. However, rather than using conventional methods to turn them away, I suggest the following course of action."

Miu took out from within a robe a parchment, one that detailed her plans. She placed it on the table, facing the Raikage so that the Raikage can read it if she so choose, while Miu summarized her plan of action. "I would like to open a dialogue with the Henkeisho clan. While they are mercenaries, they are united under one leader, who goes by the name of Henkeisho Honsho. My ANBU's intel revealed that he has full command of the clan, and as such if we could come to an agreement with Honsho, the clan will follow suit. I propose that we establish a non-aggression pact with the clan, guaranteeing that they will not interfere with our and affiliated operations. In return, we will either not interfere with their operations, or offer a trade of value that they may accept. The intel I have received indicated that they are resource-scarce, which means we may be able to get them to agree to non-aggression in return to supplies of some manner. However, I have dealt with clans like the Henkeisho before, and it is generally impossible to determine exactly what the terms of the trade would be agreeable to such a group of people. That, moves me to my next point. As this may involve resources outside of the ANBU corp, I would like to request your permission to be able to place resources we have beyond what belongs to the ANBU corp on the trade table. Of course, I would request, if possible, the maximum allocations of resource we could spare from the other Shinobi branches, and even the civilian branches. That, is why I need to meet you today, as only you can provide the decision I require."

A short pause, before Miu finished off her summary. "There is another possible course of action, something I want your opinion on. The Henkeisho clan is an offshoot of the Santaru clan, and therefore in a way deeply connected to Kumogakure and its Shinobi. What if we can get them to join our ranks, instead? That way, we do not have to pay them anything, and we have even more manpower, which we are currently in need of during this time of recovery? Perhaps that would be a more desirable course of action?"

That was all for now. There was so much more that she could say, that she needed to say, but that was for later. If the Raikage had any specific questions, she would ask Miu about it in detail.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune chuckled ”I’m glad you didn’t try to use a code name as I’d know who you were regardless.” she said and smirked ”So that’s a good start.” she added before letting Miu begin explaining the situation that required such careful vigil, and apparently it was establishing formal relations with a clan of interfering Santaru-offshoots. Kitsune sighed and rubbed her temples. ”They’ve caused many a headache, and now you want to open formal relations with them? I’d much rather wipe them off the face of the continent than give them the time of day, if I’m being entirely honest.” she said in a surly tone.

”Objectively, their transgressions against us would make them traitors. I just can’t spare the manpower to do it. However, as you yourself said, if we could bring them over to our side, we’d be able to fill out our ranks. At the same time, they’d pose a security risk, being mercenaries – or former mercenaries rather – so we’d be unable to put them in positions where they’d have access to privileged information for the time being. I’d love to hear your thoughts on how we could integrate them into the ranks of Kumogakure, and at the same time keep them away from information above their paygrade.”

She rubbed her temples and sighed ”Can you come up with a solution, or plan, even, for how to handle this without compromising our villages security?” she asked, not entirely opposed to taking them in if such an arrangement was possible.

[MFT; WC: 251]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back