Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Just an Obstacle Course... or Something [ Private ]

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi looked up to the tall trees of the forest. He'd ventured territory that could cast fear into those unawares of the hidden dangers that lay within. He survived the Outer Village areas alone, so this didn't scare him. He folded his arms behind his head, giving the forest a rather dull look. His expression read 'So what?' Of course this was his answer to the creepy, scarry, dark aura that the test site gave off. He could feel the urge growing within him to venture the place. "So this is the testing site. The place where Genin come to prove themselves to become Chuunin."

The green eyed boy yawned. Not because he was sleepy, but because he didn't see the forest as any kind of challenge. He was a Genin of course, and hoped to become an ANBU one day. He tried fighting off the temptation of entering the forest, but the more he fought it, the more he felt as though he should see what lay within. He closed his eyes and held his head on high. "No. Mmm - Mmm." Toshi turned his back to the trees, his eyes still closed. "There's no way I'm going in there. Not even if a million yen were in there. No wait, not even if an ANBU mask my size lay in there." Toshi nodded, peeking through his left eyelid as though an ANBU mask were going to come flying his way.

The boy shrugged, opening both his eyes as he started walking away. It was night time, and the stars were winking down at the scene. The moon was in the sky, but provided no light for the environment underneath. It was dark, but one could see a good distance off. "Well, I guess I'll be going." Toshi called out, as though the trees were listening.

1... 2... 3...

And with that, he turned around. He took a running start as he began towards the forest entrance. He couldn't wait to see what lay within.

[ MFT | WC: +300 ]
[ Topic Entered ]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kairi.%28Kingdom.Hearts%29.full.1927746.jpg

The girl laid down on top of one of the branches, watching the small openings of the night sky as they were revealed by the wind shifting the trees. Sighing she took one of her mochis and took a small bite. A bit bored, but hey. Excitement always came at unexpected moments. Mom would probably kill her, not only by disappearing but also the place where she was. Somewhere that was particularly forbidden for various reasons, big predators being one of them but that has never really stopped her.

Giggling she picked herself up, dangling her legs from the branch. Maybe she should go exploring, go deeper into the forest. Apparently, according to her mother, there was an abandoned ANBU base here. She had a particular look when she spook, like it scared her. But her train of thought was definitely derailed when she heard shuffling.

Looking down she saw a boy running through the forest. Well, she was certainly not expecting someone else in here with her. Giving a small giggle she turned to look at him coming towards her, well this was indeed interesting. Taking her snack basket from the branch she started to slowly walk down the tree. Timing her decent to concede with the boy passing her. Giving a small wave as she detached herself from the tree she smiled. "The exit is in the opposite direction. Wouldn't recommend going that way." She pointed behind her. "Nasty spider web. All sticky."

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi didn't know exactly what he was looking for within the forest. Then again, he knew exactly what he was looking for, heart stopping, gut wrenching, thrilling adventure. He kept at a steady pace, listening for any type of movement that wasn't his. Getting caught by surprise here would mean, 'Wait, was that a girl?' He slowed down, confirming his assumption as he heard a voice. It sounded rather familiar though he couldn't pinpoint exactly who it was. He came to a halt and turned around, his brown shroud stopped fluttering behind him as he remembered the girl from the Hokage Monument. That day was his birthday, and he would never forget it. He met Soku, and Hikaru took him out. He remembered the Hokage giving chase to a girl, but their meeting was so abrupt he didn't have time to introduce himself. Yeah, that was the girl from that day. He took a second as he tried to remember her name.

"I've been through worse." Toshi said as he looked at his surroundings. "Sticky webs and spiders don't scare me." The boy pointed to himself with his thumb, now looking to the girl. His smile showed that he wasn't phased by the warning. "I'm gonna be the Hokage's guard one day. I can handle anything that comes my way." The boy was curious as to what Kairi was doing out here. Maybe she had a thirst for adventure as well. "But what are you doing out here? I know this place isn't exactly a walk in the park." Toshi moved over to a stump that was nearby, taking a seat as he took a second thought of going too deep into the forest.

He knew that she could have been correct on the dangers of the forest. He thought of his trainings. Was he prepared for such a feat? He was confident he could overcome whatever came his way, but he had to be sure of himself.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kairi listened to the boy speak, She looked a bit closer as if he seemed familiar for some reason but she couldn't quite place her finger on it. In any case. She gave a big smile to the boy, holding her hands behind her back. "Spiders don't scare me either y'know." She giggled. "But a giant sized spider scares anybody. It is a giant insect." He seemed too sure of himself, maybe he needed more experience. More thought put into his actions.

His next words did shock her. More like, she couldn't envision herself working side by side with her mother. It would be like a time bomb just waiting o go off. Not only that, but considering recent events she wouldn't be able to handle that kind of pressure. At least not now. But in any case, she still had to have fun. "Hokage guard?" She gave a slight shrug. "If you want to be strong. Ending up as a guard it just a waste. I for one want to stay as far away from the offices as possible. Go explore, meet new people, gain strength and knowledge." Her smile became wider with each passing word. Afetrwards she gave a slight sigh as she shook her head, continuing to listen. He was quite direct. Being who she was, well... it wouldn't be proper to lie.

Looking up at the branch she was sitting on she just gave a slight shrug once more. "Well, breaking the rules, that's for a start." She said calmly as she slowly walked towards the boy. "I don't know. This place is peaceful, in a weird... twisted way." She smiled "I like to go here and eat snacks. Get away from everything. Besides, good place to train. What are you doing here?"

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Exploring, meeting new people, adventuring while gaining strength and knowledge. Such words gave the Genin inspiration. He still wanted to traverse the lands as well, find out where the shinobi of his lineage came from. "Yeah, the Kage's guard." He folded his arms before him and closed his eyes, reassuring himself that it was the job that he wanted. It may not have seemed like much, but keeping the Kage safe from harm was something that he kept in mind. He was honored to be part of the village, and he found the greatest honor in keeping the village's leader safe. It just made sense to the boy. "Whether that means guarding your mom, or the next Hokage-" Toshi paused, opening one eye and looking towards Kairi. He was sure she'd follow in her mother's footsteps to become the next Kage, "I'll be there to take a kunai for them, whether it costs my life or not." Toshi closed his eyes again and nodded. The fact that she said she wanted to stay away from the office made him think the kunoichi may not have wanted to be the next Kage after all, but who knew what the future held.

Konoha was a great place, and he'd never betray his home, but knowing where his ancestors came from was something that trickled in his mind from time to time. He knew he was still young, so it probably wasn't the best time to go to the office and ask for a passport just yet. Especially with the attacks that were going on within the village. She answered his question, saying she was just breaking the rules. Toshi gave a slight giggle, he stood up as he was asked the same. "I'm out here proving to myself that no obstacle is too big for one trained under the Leaf Village." His words were bold and he was raring to go at this point. Toshi gave a grin as he went on. "But tell you what, if you can help me take down one of those giant spiders, you'd prove to be a great kunoichi." Toshi nodded, he closed his eyes as he began to turn away, "I'll even travel the lands with you if you're that good." He didn't give her his reasoning for wanting to travel, at least not yet, but it would be great to have a travel buddy while out there. Going alone was okay, but having someone by your side guaranteed safety, and a good time to say the least.

"I have cats can defeat any of those big ol' creepy spiders." Toshi wavered his hand before him as if it weren't a big deal at all. He then placed his hands behind his head, the emerald eyed boy began a casual stroll deeper into the forest. "Don't follow me if you can't keep up. I'm gonna find the biggest spider out here, and take it down." Those were such big words for the Konoha nin. He didn't underestimate his abilities one bit, but he knew if trouble came, he'd have to be at the top of his game. He wouldn't let anyone fighting at his side get injured.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kairi gave a smirk when the boy defended his desire. Maybe he saw something she didn't. He was indeed interesting to say the least. His next words though, surprised her quite a bit. At this stage in his life was he ready? Ready to die for someone that barely knew him? "Now this is fun." She spoke holding her arm behind her "Why though? Why that path specifically? Why now?" She tilted her head waiting for an answer.

She did giggle at his confidence, she couldn't deny this boy had something special about him. Maybe her mother saw that in him. Something that couldn't be quantified in skill level but mere willpower to be better. "Is that so?" Kairi spoke "Oh, dont you even start with a competition cause I am sure to beat you in every aspect. I am Kairi after all." She smiled puffing her chess up in response.

Slightly opening her eyes she saw that the boy was gone, she took a quick look around seeing him confidently moving into the forest. "Oi!" She screamed out following behind him. "I will not only keep up but be ahead!" She smiled as she ran past him, jumping up into the tree branches. "Go ahead and catch up slowpoke!"

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi gave a confused look as the girl ran pass him. He sort of tilted his head as he watched her jump into the tree branches above. Calling him a slowpoke, the boy sort of smiled. "Well, I didn't expect that. Coming out here and adventuring the big bad forest hmm?" He didn't know why, but he liked this girl's spunk. He did know, however, that he could get into a lot of trouble if Kairi got hurt out here. He passed through a few hand seals, a green aura of chakra spun around his body. He slammed his hand on the ground, smoke erupted in the immediate area. Three feline figures appeared, revealing a trio of big cats as the smoke disappeared.

"You three try to stay hidden. Make sure you keep an eye on her. If anything were to happen to her, it'd be my head." The brother's Trio nodded, splitting up in different directions. Toshi looked back up to where Kairi had gone, "I'm right behind you!" The Genin shouted, jumping up unto the tree branches after her. He was a ways behind, but with the tracking skills he picked up from training, and while in that mission with Soku, he knew the direction that she was headed in.

Running chakra through his hands and feet, he rushed from branch to branch while on all fours, picking up the extra speed that he needed to catch up with the girl. He stayed a bit behind her, letting her lead the way. "Hey, so I know why I want to be the shinobi that I chose to be." He paused for a second, wondering what she was thinking. "It's because I'm not originally from this village." Those words were still a sharp sting to the boy. He felt so at home here, life was more than he thought it would be. "But I was taken in and given a place to stay. They even helped me train to become the person I am today." A smile appeared on the boy's face as he thought of Nao. He took pride in the Leaf forehead protector that was tied loosely around his neck. "I know I didn't fit in where I used to live because of my abilities. So being accepted here, and meeting others that I can relate to is awesome."

Now the boy sped up a bit, passing the girl without putting in too much effort. "But I haven't seen you around much." He scouted the path ahead, noticing holes dug into the ground here and there. A web or two off in the distance, but no sign of a spider. He even thought he saw a pair of eyes, probably belonging to an owl, peeping out of the hole of a tree. After scouting the path ahead, Toshi looked back to the girl, keeping at his pace. "What are you trying to accomplish in this village?" He was curious as to the girl's answer, but he didn't let it show, of course.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You better catch up!" She giggled as she continued moving forward. She was impressed that Toshi could actually keep up with him. Her mother did have a way to select her individuals. With that being said, she did ponder his reasoning.

Not being born in the village did have its disadvantages. From rules to culture. But she did know that Leaf was the place you could migrate to, learn and grow. Be accepted by people you didn't even know could accept you. That was Leaf. "I'm not originally from Leaf either." She smiled as she looked at him. Giving him reassurance that he wasn't alone in his statement. Also to remember who gave her a chance in life. "Life is funny that way." She did look at him as he continued, although he wasn't wrong she did find it. Self destructive. "Although somebody showed you the way, you were the one who took it. Not your teacher or another shinobi, you." She giggled as she took a small detour on the trees to avoid the branches, slowly getting back to the trail.

"Hokage-sama... Asuka...." She spoke softly, remembering the lessons her mother had given her throughout the years. Not only Shinobi lessons, but also lessons in life. How to act. How to be which all boiled down to once simple truth. As long as your path didn't hurt others, go for it. Of course a harmless prank here and there never hurt but it wasn't enough. "Mom." She smiled once more. "You're you. Ypu were taken in by the village but in the end your decisions are yours. Be proud of them."

"Me?"
She hesitated for a bit as she heard his last question. "Well, I want to accomplish one simple truth." She stopped looking at the top of the tree tops. "For Shinobi to stop being weapons of war. For Shinobi to be a service."

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He'd never heard anything like that before. "Hmm. Shinobi a service? I mean, it's tough not to think of myself as a warrior, especially with what's been going on lately. But becoming a service?" His mind began to wonder. The change could be something that would make a difference to the entire shinobi nations, not just Konohagakure. "Kairi, that's deep." The boy's tone now held an ounce of seriousness in it.

"Something like that could change the way we live. You should talk to your mom a-" Toshi's voice was cut off by a sudden wail. A giant black snake, adorned with purple and gold spots, a tail end that resembles some sort of cleaver dipped in crimson red blood, and it's span was at least 60ft. long, snatched the boy mid sentence. It glided to the forest floor, taking a smooth landing. This thing weighed at least a ton, and didn't seem too have a single nice bone in it's body. It moved to get a glimpse at Kairi, flicking it's tongue as if threatening that she was next. It began to slither towards another tree, ready to climb once more and devour the tasty companion that adventured the forest with the boy.

Meanwhile, inside the snakes belly. "Yuck, this is gross." Toshi griped as he realized what happened. He had to think of a way to escape the snake's insides and quick. If it wasn't the foul oder that made the boy's head spin, it would be the acids that would end the boy once and for all.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kairi nodded to his comment. At least he did seem to get it. "Just that the whole history of Shinobi is basically one battle after the next, then you die. Don't like that type of life. Heck, with our abilities we could do great things, from advances in medicine to structures. Imagine the developments in science if we stopped making more sophisticated ways on how to kill each other." She smiled by the simple fact of imagining the world like she wanted it.

She was going to tell her mother, some day... maybe.... she was about to continue with her conversation when she also heard it. Now things were getting interesting to say the least. Kaiti looked down as the giant snake dropped from the trees unto the ground. With Toshi in its belly. Oh lords.... clinching her teeth Kairi jumped up, using a branch as a spring to launch herself down upon the snakes head. "YOU DON'T GET TO EAT MA FRIENDS YOU UGLY REPTILEE!" She simply screamed out as she landed straight on top of the snakes head. It's head, and the ground below, shook with force. Using the time of the snake trying to figure out what the hell happened Kairi summoned her scythe, white in color unlike her mothers and stabbed the snakes head with force. Unfortunately, she couldnt do any less as the snake started thrashing around in pain trying to shake Kairi off. It took all of her strength simply to hang on

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koshiro began to snarl, looking towards the snake as he readied himself to attack. He wasn't going to let the snake get away with such a deed. He stood between two tall bushes, lowering his head as he eyed his prey. He was going to pounce in three... two... one...

Arakan, the older brother of the trio, gave Koshiro a sharp glare. He peered from behind a thick oak looking tree, nodding towards the girl that seemed to be using a tree branch as a diving board. With a final look towards his brother, he disappeared behind the tree once more.

Koshiro gave a scoff, watching until the girl landed her dive on the snake's head, planting her landing without much problem. The younger brother moved back into the bushes, it seemed the situation was under control for now. If things proved too much, he would butt in without a second thought.

Toshi could only think of one course of action that would help him escape, but it came at such a cost. He didn't want to take such a risk, what was worse was the fact that he'd lost sight of Kairi in these dark creepy woods. 'Maybe Kairi got awa-' The snake's eyes bulged from is sockets in comedic fashion, tears sweltering in it's eyes as Kairai's attack lands.

As the ground shook, Toshi found it tough to keep balance within. "Woah!" He could feel the vibrations underground. Beginning to feel pressured, he calmed himself down. He was almost sure he heard the girl's shout from the outside. 'She didn't run away?' Confirming his thoughts, a long sharp blade pierce through the snake's head. Toshi was a bit shocked, but he put the thought away for now. The snake began to flail about, this time the boy kept balance, preparing his escape.

An aura of chakra began to surround him as he began to feel a sting. His skin began to burn from the snake's stomach acids. While the snake was distracted, he had the perfect opportunity to escape. On the outside, water began to collect just above the snake's tail. A cleaver made out of water had formed. It froze over instantly, turning into a solid ice cleaver. Toshi brought his arms down, the cleaver cutting off the snake's tail. The animal, in too much shock with head trauma to notice that it's tail was gone, continued to try and shake Kairi off.

Toshi fell to the ground, crawling with his elbows and knees to make it out of where the snake's tail used to be. To breathe fresh air again felt wonderful, but he hadn't a second to lose. The two were still in danger. Toshi moved quickly. As an aura of chakra stayed around him, he did a spinning leap, mimicking Kairai's scythe technique, he landed gracefully while slicing at the air, as if holding a wind scythe. A deadly, slicing tendril of wind rushed towards the snake. The wind rushed towards the snake's mid body area. He attempted to cut the snake in half with the technique. It was all or nothing.

(( I'll let you decide on how things turn out this go around ~ ))

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back