Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Just another day at the office [Akujin]

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Much like many of those who worked here, the central hospital of the village never sleeps. Patients are rushed in from morning to dusk, heedless of the schedules and needs of the staff. That wasn't so say that it did not have business hours, where more routine examinations and counselings were performed, but few people respected such schedules. Just as the clock struck 7, a knock tapped at the door of the chief medical professional of the hospital. He had been informed of the request for appointment, but the details were scarce. One of the perks of his position was nearly unfettered access to medical records, which could tell one almost anything they wished to know about a person, shinobi in particular.

The appointment requestor's file was especially noteworthy, however. It was very short, the records only going back to less than a year ago. Basic information such as age and gender were either left blank or otherwise marked as unknown. In fact, there were very few records on him at all. In fact, the only noteworthy ones were from when he was initially admired into the village just shy of a year prior. According to the notes, the individuals body is entirely prosthetic. The design and specifics were not recorded here. Had he have had more notice, he might have had the time and administrative power to look into the official records for this individual whose only recorded name is Ren. However, with only half a day's notice, the busy medical chief wouldn't have had the time to make an official inquiry.

"This is Ren. I have an appointment scheduled for this morning at 7am." The voice was as flat and devoid of urgency as he had heard a few days before when he had been at the gates. If allowed to come inside, Ren would open the door without hesitation, smoothly stepping inside before he close the door behind him. His attire was different than how Kyuji had seen him before, unsurprisingly, given the state it was in. The clothes looked old, and were ill-fitting. The arm that was missing appeared to be back, however it was gloved in an over sized faded black glove, with his arm covered by the equally old looking brown jacket he wore over a black and purple striped shirt. His pants were of an unsightly orange color, made of either cotton or some other soft fabric, that also looked like it had been discarded years ago. "I have a number of matters I wished to speak to the head of the medical division about."

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
31a8a52cef442bc3a59b91228f4812fd_zpsp01q1pj6.jpeg

Basic Knowledge:
Birth/Real Name: Kanemoto Akujin
Birth/Real Name in Kanji: 金本 悪人
Adopted Name: Byakko Kyūji
Adopted Name in Kanji: 白衣 急字
Alias: Mikisugi Kyūji, Mikisugi Akujin, Mikisugi Kane
Nickname: The Descendant of Byakko, The White Claw of Byakko
Physical Age: 25
Actual Age: Older than 25, probably early 30's
Height: 6 feet tall
Weight: Wouldn't You Like to Know
Day of Birth: October 5th
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Village: Sunagakure/House Byakko, Formerly Iwagakure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral or Is He?
Rank/Jobs: Tenured Medical Chief/Jounin
Medics Taught: Three(Azusa, Kumoni and Uziuke)
MiTs That are Medic Due to Kyuji: Nobody
Religion: Celestial Winds
Languages: English(Site Generalized Language), Common Runic Terran(Suna's Language), Formal Runic Terran(Oracle's Language)
Skin tone: Well he was white but now he is darker like all of Kuro's clan apparently. He is not black, but has a tan I would say.
Eyes: Golden(They glow yellow in some situations) and they are feline-like eyes
Glasses: Not anymore, corrected visions through taking the Byakko Oath
Hair: Straight and white. Refer to my face claim.
Hands and feet: He has normal feet, but his one hand resembles cat-like claws for the fingertips.
Ablation of Body Parts: His right arm; has nothing below the shoulder joint
Markings/Tattoos: Silver-white markings formed around his left hand and forearm; also Byakko Tenshi seal is on his back; Black-marking around right shoulder/neck to seal away his physical strength
Other Notable Features: Neko-ears
Relationship: Married to Lady Yanshi in the Eyes of Byakko/Betrothed to the Head of the Byakko Clan in Normal Eyes
Children: Kyushiko(Daughter) and Yanjirou(Son)
Looks Like: Avenger from Fate Grand Order​

Twas early the next day at the Hospital and the descendant of Byakko had an appointment scheduled for him with the lad from yesterday that he left back into the village. The details of the appointment however were vague to him aside from the individual wishing to speak with him about some things when he arrived soon. Remember back to the initial meeting, it was an odd encounter to say the least as the boy had been monotone and devoid of any real personality when they spoke, but he wasn't an issue which is why the process had gone smoothly for both parties yesterday. However due to the lack of information, Kyuji would dig up his medical records and see that the boy was relatively new to the village and was made completely of prosthetic parts which explained why he was moving oddly yesterday...but the lack of information about the boy was troublesome to say the least...maybe he could get more.

But, there was not much time to think about it as a knock would be hard on his door as the monotone lad was here and would proceed to come in after Kyuji told him he could enter. The appearance of the boy made the older male want to facepalm so badly as the outfit selection was most certainly interesting and at the same time so poorly constructed. He had all these colors that did not go well together and those pants were so ungodly that he was thankful that Lord Byakko wasn't around or he probably would've been enraged by this sight. But, he just cracked a smile on his face to be polite to the younger male since he did request this appointment. He would hear why the individual was here and would simply nod as he understood that much but he wanted to know more.

After a brief moment of silence, he would address this Ren fellow with a smile and upbeat in his tone: "What in particular do you want to talk about? And have a seat since I have a feeling that this is going to be a little while." Yes, this would definitely be awhile since he also was going to get information out of this fellow while he was here about himself to fill in the medical file that was situated on his desk closed. The rest of the surface was clean as can be since he liked to keep things tidy at work and at home. The walls would be lined with diagrams of different parts of the body and large glass window would be to his right, but the blind would be down since he hated having a view to the outside of his office when he was trying to do busy in there...it was distracting. His attire, unlike the image shared, was his traditional white medical robes that had the village and his clan's emblem on one sleeve respectively.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ren's attention shifted towards the chair in question. He had no desire to sit, as far as he was concerned, this should only take a few moments of either of their time, but he did try his best to be polite and adhere to social norms and customs as best he could. He replied with a formal and appreciative tone, "You have my appreciation." His words were not monotone exactly, but they lacked any emotional emphasis behind them, as if he spoke in a professional and measured manner at all times. Stepping around the seat, he gingerly sat himself down, looking across the desk as he attempted to mimic the other man's mannerisms.

"I have two requests. Firstly, I request access to unused cadavers. It would be preferable if they lacked physical damage, but non-traumatic damage would be acceptable. That that is not possible due to current stores, then I can suffice with a larger sample of more damaged ones." From how he spoke, it was as if he were ordering lunch at some diner. "Secondly, I require a position at the hospital here. It is my understanding that the pay is substantial, and I am in need of substantial funding. I do not require the highest position, but something on the upper tier of pay grades would do adequately." He would proceed to be quiet as he awaited what would undoubtedly be nods of affirmation and some papers to sign for his reasonable requests.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This individual was odd. He was offered a seat and he would gingerly sit on it like he was going to get bit in the ass. Either way, he would "comply" and seemed to try to mimic Kyuji's mannerisms which would make things even more awkward. But thankfully, the boy would begin to talk to him.

His eyes would narrow at the male as he heard the requests. It appeared that he was a strange individual physically and also mentally as he was requesting something that simply couldn't be done right now to the general public or even someone of his level. Nevertheless, he would respond to the boy's requests in the only way he knew how: "Your first request for corpses will be denied at this time, I cannot just hand out the dead to anyone like they are cotton candy. If I did that, I would have many families upset with me since these are their loved ones that typically are being prepared for presentation in an open casket or we are cremating them based on request. The other reason is you are not a medical shinobi and thus, I will not allow you to have access to the morgue where we are storing the dead. Now, you mentioned wanting to be a medical shinobi but are you doing it simply for the corpses or do you truly want to help out the village and all that inhabitant it? Also, you mentioned money earlier as your reason for wanting to join, but money is not the reason that many of us work in the medical field However, it does pay a nice wage if you can advance to a full-fledged medic. You would start as a medic-in-training first and once you became a medic, you would have access to all parts of the Hospital including the morgue."

After a brief pause, he would speak once again: "I am willing to make you a medic-in-training today so let's start with that, shall we?" It was probably the easiest route for them both if Ren would follow along with his request. After all, the boy had an end goal in mind and to reach the goal, he would have to comply with the descendant of Byakko or he would never get there. He could also simply try to kill Kyuji as that would also be a way to get what he wanted, but he would lose the money side of his requests unless he disposed of the body like Yandere-chan did in the incinerator and nobody saw him commit the crime.

What would he do?

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Listening intently, doing his best to not appear like some lifeless statue perched on the chair, garbed in garish clothing, he tried to install some random movement into his posture, as any normal person would. His head tilted to the side in what looked to be mild confusion when his first request was rather bluntly denied. Perhaps he did not understand the situation as well as he had postulated, or perhaps there were more variables in place than originally anticipated. Seeing that the doctor had no intention of pausing, Ren kept himself silent as the man continued. So, it appeared that serving as a medical professional would serve him with more than simply funding, perhaps this en devour would be nearly as easy as he had anticipated.

"First, as to your question of my intent. It is simply a well paying profession that would supplement my limited resources without causing increased likelihood for additional resource expenditures. My services would undoubtedly assist the village and inhabitants, but that is simply a consequence of these proceedings and not a sought after goal. No more so than the goal of ANBU professionals to violently and sadistically torture their captives for information. I trust that will not be an issue." It was posed more as a given than a question, and he continued on regardless, his gaze locked onto the doctor's with unblinking eyes. . "If starting at the bottom of the ladder is a requirement, that is understandable. However, I would wish to skip whatever possible steps there are in an effort to expedite the process. The sooner I have adequate resources the better."

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting there, he would listen with intent as the boy responded to him. At the very least, he was being respectful and direct with the descendant of Byakko which was always something that one should do when speaking with the medical chief. However, the body language of the lad was still quite peculiar to say the least as it seemed like he didn't have the proper upbringing a normal child did. Then again, Kyuji didn't know if he was even truly human if his entire body was made out of prosthetic parts. Although he had a lot of questions himself for the boy, it seemed the conversation was shifting quickly into business instead of personal so these questions would merely have to wait until a later date and time. Besides if Ren was going to work here, Kyuji would have plenty of time to talk to him and get to truly know the boy.

As the boy finished, the descendant would begin to respond. At least, they were being professional and straight to the point with one another. "So you are doing it for money to help yourself out...that's fair, but as you are probably aware, this isn't an easy job and one for anyone. I am sure you will be just fine doing medical procedures and what not. But if it ever gets too difficult, just let me know and I will only ask you sign some papers to be released." A fair response to the boy considering the turnover at the Hospital had been relevantly high in recent months due to numerous variables including injuries, resignations, and illness. It also wasn't a child's game, one would be playing with the lives of others and life was so sacred...not just anyone should be near someone who was dying with each passing breath.

After a brief pause, he would continue: "I am a busy man and it sounds like you are as well considering you left the village and returned recently. I am not going to waste your time, but you will have to follow the proper protocol to become a medic and that is to be a medic-in-training first. But before I can even consider you for that position, I will need to see you in action first. As I do with anyone who joins, you will do something basic in the medical field to see what you are capable of right now."

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ren remained practically motionless as he listened to the medic chief speak. His attention did break for a moment during Kyuji's response, his attention trailing along the walls of the room towards any awards, degrees, books or anything of note that was decorating the office. Once he had concluded and posed the request for a demonstration he would finally make a reply. "It was my intention to observe and study for this after you had accepted my request for the position. I do not, currently, have any non-specialized knowledge that would be immediately pertinent to the field." That is to say that he marched into an administrator's office, requested a top paying professional position without anything remotely resembling prior experience or even basic medical knowledge. "Stitching wounds, setting broken bones and administering burn ointment should not be overly difficult. If you wish to demonstrate a task, I should be able to perform it without issue. What is this task that you require me to perform"

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This Ren fellow was certainly something else. Not only did he plan a meeting with the only active medical chief in the Hospital, but he wanted to be paid a salary for a high-level position with no experience to speak of. It also wasn't helping his case that he was easily distracted and he lacked a true personality. Truthfully, Kyuji did see a little bit of a personality displayed every now and then but still, this child was odd like he wasn't even human.

As soon as the boy did finish speaking, Kyuji would respond to him: "Well considering you are new, I think the easiest thing for you to do to prove yourself is to do a checkup on a patient. There are always patients coming in for their semi-annual checkups and I am sure that we can grab on of them and have you showcase your skills to me. I am not asking you to be able to diagnose or do anything overly complicated right now. If you can prove to me that you are able to handle a routine checkup, it will be enough to fill the paperwork needed to make you a medic-in-training. Sound fair enough to you?"

There was the task that he was going to have to deal with. He could take it or leave it, let's see what he does.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ren offered the man a firm nod before abruptly standing as soon as he concluded the offer. "That sounds acceptable. Operating hours for the hospital began a few minutes ago, do you require time to locate a patient, or is there a specific time frame that I should arrive back at the hospital for this task?" There were a great number of things that one could hold against the strange lad. His attire was ghastly and unprofessional, his manners were off, his personal skills were as sharp as a dulled butter knife, but he certainly was not lacking for discipline or motivation it would seem. "Is there a specific attire that I must wear for this? The clothing that I traditionally have garbed myself in had been ruined, and this outfit was the only one I could locate on such short notice."

[Apologies for shortness, not much I can think of to do atm XD]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After his long-winded "speech", the boy would respond briefly with a few questions and they were relatively simple ones at that. It was true that they could've picked a time frame to test the boy, but the present was probably the best option right now since the descendant of Byakko was a busy man after all. As for the attire, he definitely would need something different to wear or he would potentially scare some of the clients away. Thankfully, Kyuji had everything under control.

With the crack of a smile, he would respond: "There is no time frame, we can begin as soon as you change out of your outfit since people will come in for checkups at regular intervals or at least they should. As for clothing, there are plenty of extra medical clothing sitting around in a storage room for an occasion like this. I will ask them to bring you a medical robe like mine along with the standard attire. You can change in my office and then we can begin your evaluation to see if I deem you ready to be a medic-in-training. So please excuse me for a moment so I may make a call."

The medical chief would open his desk drawer to pull out a headset before rising and then leaving the room to go outside and make the call. It was a simple transmission to another part of the Hospital and it would not take long before the medical items requested would arrive to him; he would proceed to walk into the room and place them in the boy's arms before leaving the room against to give the teen privacy; he made sure the blinds were down and the lights were on so the boy didn't need to feel self-conscious about his body even though he highly doubted the teen cared.

[OOC: No problem at all, Friend, since mine was short as well. They will get longer, I hope lol ^_^ Also MFT: 309]

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ren offered the descendant of Byakko an appreciative and understanding nod as the man stood and made his way out of the office to place the quick call. After the few quick minutes passed and Kyuji made his way back into the room, he would already find Ren standing off to one side of the room, one of the medic's books in hand as he intensely scanned through the book, flipping pages every ten seconds or so. He didn't even seem to notice Kyuji's entrance until the man attempted to get his attention to hand off the clothing. "You have my appreciation. Will these need to be returned to once the matters here are complete?" Then, without waiting for an answer or giving Kyuji much of a chance to exit, he began to disrobe himself in preparation for the new outfit.

After Kyuji either made a swift exit, or simply answered him, Ren slipped out of the ill-fitting garments and into the slightly over sized medical garb. Ren's frame was akin to that of a late pre-teen, and it was unlikely that many medical uniforms were designed for aspiring prodigies, but the outfit looked infinitely more presentable than his old hobo disguise ever could. A few minutes would pass, and he would have given no notice to the man that he had completed. When impatience or curiosity took hold of the medic, and he made his way back into his office, he once again saw the boy reading through the book, standing next to the shelf as before. Just as before, he appeared inattentive to Kyuji's entrance, flipping pages once every dozen seconds as he poured over the text.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When he initially went into the room to hand the medical garbs to the boy, he had heard the boy's question. However due to the boy beginning to strip himself and due to privacy, the descendant of Byakko had chosen to leave the room and return once he was done. While the odd boy had been using his office as a training room, he had leaned against the wall with his eyes close thinking about what he was going to have later and if Azusa would want to join him in his chow. His life was a terrible mess with his former apprentice, not a crush of his, while his wife and him were estranged and his son and him were on the rocks with their relationship. It sounded like a modern day soup opera in many ways, but it surely wouldn't get the airtime nor ratings to keep it on the air long due to the bizarre-ness of everyone involved. Then again, it might be better than a lot of soup operas on right now but anyways back to the situation.

After what seemed like a reasonable amount of time, Kyuji would reenter his office to see the boy looking through one of his medical books again as he were the garbs that were much too big for him. It appeared they would have to get a more fitted size for him or even try female clothing due to his small frame. But that was a problem for another day for the descendant of Byakko as he closed his door as he would exhale a loud breath before he began to talk. When he did it was in response to the boy's question from earlier: "You can keep the clothes if you want, but it would probably be better for you to be fitted or try on different sizes when you are done. Regardless, prove to me that you can do a basic medical checkup and you will then earn those clothes that you are wearing."

He would then receive a call on his headset that would inform him that a patient was ready for him and his possible new trainee. He would look at the boy once the call was over with a smile and speak the following: "That was the receptionist. The first patient of the day for a checkup is ready. Are you ready to head out?"

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ren continued to read through the book he had selected at random off the shelf. The choice was not a helpful one, as it was a collection of case studies that would take hours to pour over in order o understand the purpose, findings and significance of each, but it seemed to have piqued his interest regardless. With a quit thump, the book was closed shut and seamlessly slid back onto its respective hold in the shelf, as if it had never been touched at all. He turned and looked over towards the medic, whom had finished speaking a few seconds ago. "I believe so. Are there any instructions you wish to relay to me for this appointment, or will I be tested on my capabilities to work without such? If the latter, be forewarned that I have not conducted or been a part of a typical routine checkup."

That was not to say he had never been looked over by a medical team, quite the opposite. A short while after his arrival, he had nearly been dissected by overly curious medical professionals and researchers. If he had not been conditioned to protect his own existence at an unconscious level, than he very well may have let them. He was lucky that the overly inquisitive and ambitious researcher had been observed by his peers when Ren had nearly impaled him for attempting to remove his core unit. If they had been alone and someone had simply walked in on the bloodied scene afterwords he might not be standing where he was now. He had no memory of the event, the reaction being something close to a reflex than a conscious decision. He was, perhaps, lucky that the man before him was not that researcher or this would have been a very quick and unproductive conversation.

He stepped over towards the Descendant and waited patiently, either to be given his instructions or simply to be lead to the room. He was silent as they walked, posing no questions of his own, but answering most any question that his newfound superior made in quick order. He showed no signs of worry or concern, but he was as close to such as he had been in quite sometime. If he did not perform to the expectations laid before him, then his quickest route to the funding and resources he required would be swiftly jerked from his grasp before he even had a chance to miss them. He hoped it would be a large male, one of few words. Blunt and with an obvious issue, one that Ren could easily identify with little prodding. The worst possible case would be if he had to try and gleam information out of someone without resorting to interrogation methods. He doubted the doctor would approve of painfully prying details from a patient, even if it would cause no lasting damage.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Without much hesitation, the boy would believe he was ready before asking if he was going to be given any instructions or if it was truly a test. Now, the descendant of Byakko was notorious for making people try to figure how to do things on their own from his family to his friends to his apprentices to strangers. However, there was a time and place for everything to him like there was for Professor Oak and he had something up his sleeve.

After a brief pause between them, he would begin to speak handing a clipboard to Ren with a simple smile: "The only instructions that I will give you are on the clipboard that you will have with you to write down information about the patient. There are no long and descriptive instructions, but if you have ever been to the doctor's office for a checkup, you should be a-okay. I will watch over you while you do your checkup and guide in the right direction. But anyways, here you go.""

On the clipboard was a piece of paper with areas to fill in as Ren went over the checkup with the patient. If he was paying close enough attention, he would notice another slip of paper trying to budge its way into view that had actual descriptions of what to do. It was like Kyuji had lied out-loud and had tried to assist the young man as much as possible in writing. If Ren would look at the second sheet of paper, he would notice everything that he needed to know was there as it is in this link. In all honesty, the descendant of Byakko and a medical chief of the village knew that throwing newbies into the fray was the best way to test them out especially if it was something minor like a checkup; however, they still were inexperienced so some guidance was always helpful to say the very least. If it had been something on him, there would've been far less instructions. But since it pertained to patients, he needed to at least somewhat guide the newbie so his butt wasn't going to be in trouble!

After giving the young lad a chance to look over the contents of the clipboard, he would open the door and take Ren to his patient. It would only take much time at all before they entered the room where a little boy and his mother were waiting on them. A warm smile and sincere welcoming from the descendant of Byakko would be given to them before stepping aside to introduce Ren to them and informing them that he was going to do the checkup today. Immediately, some signs of concern would show on the mother's face but he would reassure her that everything would be good and he would carefully watch everything that would happen. The concern however might've been the appearance of Ren since he wasn't exactly identical to Kyuji in any way to say the very least. In any case, Kyuji would step to the side after doing some small talk to the boy and his mother and then turn to Ren and simply say warmly: "Go ahead, Ren."

It was time to see if Ren was capable of doing this and also following simple instructions while showcasing his interpersonal skills or at least faking them.

[Sorry for the wait. MFT: 562 Words]

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ren took the clipboard and scanned over it as they walked, it appeared to be as he had expected it to. The man's advice of taking it like his own checkups was not as helpful as he had likely intended. If it was as simple as following down a list of boxes, checking them, entering numbers or writing down small pieced of information, how difficult could it be? As he got to the bottom, he noticed that the paper was misaligned, and he slid out the cheat sheet that was behind it. It only took a moment of reading to decipher it for what it was. Did the man not have confidence that Ren would be able to perform this own his own? Perhaps it was not intended to be there, and this was an artifact of when the doctor had last performed the exam? The possibilities were numerous, and he gave each a moment of serious consideration, even as they stepped into the room with the patient and his, presumed, mother.

With all the time he had spent pondering over all the various reasons, causes and explanations for the hidden sheet, he had neglected to read over the limited patient information that was already provided to him. Ren's apathetic gaze shifted from the mother, to Byakko and then to the patient, resting on him for a few long seconds before he returned his attention to the clipboard. he settled on what he presumed to be the most likely set of candidates for the purpose of the cheat sheet and slid it out of view. It was likely intended as a ruse to see if Ren would be able to follow instructions that were not explicitly made clear. The paper was then likely a trap, and if he pulled it out to read it, he would lessen his chances of passing this test. Why else would the man's words contradict with the presence of such an item?

"We shall make this quick. I am sure that both you and..." he paused, looking from the boy to his mother as he tried to discern based on physical characteristics and mannerisms along if she was his mother. That likely had come up during Byakko and her's brief chat, but he had been distracted with other more pressing concerns at that time. "Mother. Now, let us begin." He pulled a pen from the back of the clipboard, clicking it as he readied to write down in the first field. "Please state your name and your age." These were already entered onto the form, but verifying that the patient in question was the one he was examining was paramount. Byakko was a medical professional, yes, but he was also a shinobi. If he had placed the cheat sheet as a ruse or a trap, then he might have led him to the wrong room.

The boy looked more than a little nervous, a feeling not helped by the flat manner of which Ren was addressing him. Thankfully with a small squeeze from his mother's hand, he spoke up. "Hisao Tsurugi. Umm... five years old."

Ren nodded curtly and verified that this was indeed the patient. That was, unless this too was subterfuge and a ruse, but the statistical likelihood of such a possibility was low enough to not warrant serious investigation. He proceeded down the list, taking time to cover each item one by one. He looked to be a quick study, taking only moments to discern what object in the room would be used for each test. Thermometer for the temperature. Stethoscope for checking the heart and lungs. He had a fair knowledge base on anatomy and causing physical damage, so it was relatively easy to figure out how to correlate each to something he did know. It was not perfect, however, he did not raise the child's shirt to listen to his heart or breathing, but he appeared to get a result even without proper procedure.

"Ahhhh-" the boy said as Ren used a small light to look into the throat.

"Lower your tongue further I am unable to view past it to your tonsils." Ren instructed, his tone was as it had been, not too loud and with a level of firm authority that he did not yet possess.

"I -ahhnt." Replied the boy as he kept his mouth open, trying to push his tongue down.

Ren, possibly looking a little annoyed, looked around the room to see if there was something he could use. The tongue depressors sat in a jar behind a larger one filled with white gauze, obscuring it from his view. "Very well. Hold still." Ren knelt over, put on hand on the boy's chin and put his right finger into the boy's mouth, pushing down his tongue. "Now, say it one more time." He instructed, the woman looking between him and Byakko with more than a little concern on her face. The boy complied, also looking a little unnerved by it, and she appeared to be on the edge of saying something as Ren pulled the light out with his other hand, shining it down the boy's throat as he held his head firmly in place.

[Feel free to add in as much or little as you want. Didn't wanna do a giant post and delay it. Also gives him a chance to let things happen or to step in. ^_^]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the boy began the check-up, it was obvious on the face of all parties in the room that they were concerned at the very least with having this boy doing a checkup on such a small and potentially fragile specimen. However, he had to get practice and showcase his skills to the medical chief if he wanted any luck of scoring into the branch and getting what he desperately wanted which was funds. As he began, he would ask the boy for his name and age which was a good start for the potentially new recruit as he didn't want to merely begin any procedures on any person; after all, you needed to know who the person was to ensure all the information that they had on their chart was up to date and potential side-effects from doing something. But, the boy and the medical information matched so Ren had done well so far with himself and at the very least caught the attention of Kyuji who had decided to chill against one of the walls near the mother of the child; he did this in part to ease her tensions as he could see what was going as much as she could then and also let out a calming aura near her to ease her tensions even though they would still be pretty damn high.

However, the great work of Ren would not last long as he would try to check the heart and the lungs of the boy without properly lifting the shirt up to avoid any tampering with the results. But, he would get results somehow as he wrote down something on his clipboard and the little boy appeared at least content currently with what was going on. After all, Ren hadn't done anything too unorthodox yet to harm the child or to send red flags to anyone. Everything still overall was going smoothly aside from the lack of communication with the patient that Kyuji would typically do to ease their troubles and get their focus away from feeling nervous about being here since the Hospital was not somewhere that people tended to visit on a daily basis for fun especially patients and the overworked and understaffed medical shinobi. If one communicated with their patients, they also tended to get more information out of them and overall, the whole appointment went far more smoothly and was less awkward!

The next part of the checkup is when disaster began to start unfortunately and thankfully, it went quickly enough that nobody got harmed or had time to cause any incidents that may or may not have the Medical Chief lose his medical licenses and be demoted! See, Ren was apparently trying to look at the tonsils of the little boy and the little boy was having difficulties with his tongue being in the way. Instead of simply getting tongue depressor and using it with caution to not harm the child, Ren decided to hold onto the boy's chin and shove his right hand into the boy's mouth to keep the tongue down which surprisingly didn't make the boy gag like Kyuji would've had expected. But, the boy seemed distraught and a little scared during this part of the checkup and his mother would move slightly in her chair, but Kyuji would put a hand on her to ensure her that it was all okay.

While this part was unorthodox, he did get the information he needed as he wrote it down in front of them all. However, there was a lot more that still needed to be checked and hopefully he would be a little more careful with the boy moving forward or Kyuji wouldn't be able to use him at all. To ensure that he was aware of this, Kyuji would move from his position and move Ren away from the little boy momentarily as he bent down and talked into the ear of the him with the following words: "Good overall. But you need to put on a better facade with them especially your patient since if you look not interest or annoyed, it is going to make him uneasy. Try to talk to him more to make him relaxed and please be more careful with a patient. They are not toys, Ren, they are human beings and thus if you try to move their bodies too much in one direction...they will break. The way that you were checking his tonsils could've caused something to crack or you could've made him throw up on you. Now, I am going to stop bitching at you and let you get back to the checkup. Just be more careful and try to be more friendly. Also, I saw you looking at that piece of paper momentarily when we were walking, use it if you must. You will not be judged differently if you do."

He would then walk back to his spot on the wall and lean. He would inform the woman that he was simply informing Ren about how he was doing and giving him a small pep talk. The woman obviously would have some questions for him regarding Ren after the fiasco that she just had saw, but he would kindly inform her to wait until after the checkup which is hesitantly agreed to. The real question for the little boy and Ren was as followed: Were they ready for round 2?

[OOC: Not much to add sadly. I am letting you run the show during the checkup, but I appreciate you not doing it all in one post]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Moments would pass by and the patient and his mother would sit there waiting for this newbie medic to continue. He unfortunately did not do this as he stood there with a blank expression on his face; it was creeping them out and Kyuji could tell that they were concerned. So being the good medical chief that he was, he asked them to leave the room first and followed after them closing the door behind him and leaving this kid alone in the room. He would inform other medics to please escort the boy out of the Hospital by any means necessary and go about his day after finishing up the checkup of this little boy with a lollipop to him for being a good boy and apologizing to his mother for what happened. She didn't seem too overly concerned about it as she gave a soft smile back to him before they headed out of the building.

Maybe down the line, this Ren fellow would come back and be ready to be a medic, but today he wasn't ready by any means unfortunately. Besides, the descendant of Byakko wasn't entirely sure that he was comfortable with having this kid being around patients yet anyways. More research on this kid would have to be conducted before he had a reasonable decision in his mind. But for now, work called.

[OOC: It's been over a month. Topic left due to inactivity]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back