Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Kawaii Kupcakes [semi-private]

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
KAWAII CUPCAKES!

b9289454a678cc90c796ef1b3caba71f-d7ygtgs.jpg

Kawaii Kupcakes is owned by the Amai couple, Haruna and Hansuke. The couple are Sunan civilians in their prime of their lives. It had taken the pair over 10 years to make enough money and earn enough credit to be able to open the very successful bakery in the heart of the Golden Crystal District. Though they weren't readily welcome at first, the sweet delicacies and treats were to the point of near perfection, enough so that the couple became a huge hit with the wealthy folk of Suna. And unlike many of the businesses around the area, they are happy to cater to both the rich and the poor. They are humble people whose only expectations in life are to work hard and love each other.. and their only child; Hanone.

The bakery is fairly plain looking from the outside, with wooden shutters and a welcoming, overly large front door. The sign for their business is that of a large (like 6 feet wide) cupcake with pink frosting and the words 'Kawaii Kupcakes' over the wrapper portion also in pink.

But the fairly disinteresting outdoor look is forgotten the moment you walk in. Baked goods of every kind lay on display with beautiful bright colors and decadent flavors and aromas. There are sweets from the mundane up to the extraordinary and exotic.

Hanone arrived at her parent's bakery later in the afternoon. The location closed at 3:30 in the afternoon so she arrive at 3:35 and immediately came looking for her mother.

"Naaaa!" the young shinobi student called, entering the tasty-filled room, or rather... barging in loudly. A plump woman with raven hair and a flour covered apron came from the back room and smiled lovingly at her rough edged daughter. Hanone hurried over and wrapped her arms around her mother's thick middle. "Na. I need cookies. And some cupcakes." The request was very very odd coming from the rail thin, red haired girl since she basically hated eating sweets.

Curious, the older woman asked, "Um, alright. What for?"

Releasing the woman, Han pushed her hair away from her face. "I made a bet with one of my classmates that I could beat him at the transformation jutsu for 30 yen, but I lost so I said I would pay him but he said he didn't want money so I said I would give him baked goods worth 30 yen, or more probably, and told him to be here by 4. And it's almost 4 now!" The girl spoke rapidly, hardly taking a breath and ended with big puppydog eyes at her mom.

With a laugh, the flour-dusted woman turned around and headed back toward the nice display shelf. "Well, you know we can't sell these cookies here tomorrow or the very berry cakelets, so if you want, you can give him as many of those as you want." Hanone's parent's had high standards and... fairly high prices to make up for that. They would only put certain things out more than 2 days and some items were only displayed or sold at the bakery the same day they were baked. They were delicious for up to 4-5 days, but they only sold the best. So! There were always leftovers. Usually they could sell the next day items at a small restaurant in the Sietch Zensunna for a much lower price (and still make a profit) but clearly she was okay with parting with them. Then her mother smiled slyly as she started bagging up some of the toffee and caramel cookies, "So Hanny, tell me about this boy. Is he nice?"

Han made a face. She knew what her mom was thinking... Scooping around to the back of the display case, she started picking out the nicest looking berry cakelets (which were a berry flavored cake with cream cheese berry middle and decorated with a fanned strawberry and white chocolate curls. They were little cakes about the size of your palm) and put 4 into a white box. "Na, boys are gross. He's nice and he's smart, probably the smartest guy in the academy, but we never talked before. I guess he was really just too quiet to notice. Other girls in class said he was weird, but he'd really nice... but not like that!" Her mother had that smile about her. Evil mom, trying to embarrass her.

After they had cookies and cakelets bagged and boxed, Han sat down in one of the oversized, plush chairs in the dining room (it was fancy there) and shooed her mother away with frantic hands. She didn't want her there when Juzo arrived.

Complying with a little chuckle, because she needed to clean up anyway, Haruna left the room. It was almost 4 pm so Han just waited.
momndad_zps9a6688d8.png

[topic entered]
mft

Juzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At around 3:56pm Juzo strolled into the bakery with a neutral expression. The smell had entered his nose some two blocks back and he was anxious to see what Hanone and her family did. Being the son of a shinobi he was unaccustomed to any sort of duty outside of combat, jutsu and the safety of the village. This was a new experience for him. Perhaps entering the bakery was not a new experience but knowing someone behind the scenes was! The young man was mildly excited by the prospect and he wasn't sure why. It didn't seem that thrilling, it was just a simple bakery after all.

"Hello Hanone," Juzo said in his usual hard-to-read tone. And instead of walking towards his companion he moved around the shop starting at the farthest edge of the room from Hanone. That way he could examine all of the goodies before he made it to his rendezvous point which was apparently an overstuffed plush chair. While he moved he took noticed of some of his favorite types of baked goods. "That one.... and that...."

"So much good stuff here. I've heard of this place before!" he exclaimed in a childish tone which didn't match his passive demeanor at all. The boy looked up to Hanone when he spoke and he noticed the bag in her hands. "Is that for me?"

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Han was just looking up at the clock when she heard the little bell chime signalling someone was walking in. Her head whipped around to find Juzo entering the establishment. He greeted her blankly which caused the girl's lips to pull to the side quizzically. "Hello Juzo." she said, responding to the boy in kind as he walked right passed her toward the displays. She couldn't really blame him. It was a pretty sight.

Then Han could hear her mother's sweep-sweep-sweep suddenly go quiet and the red haired girl's expression tightened. Stupid mom... eavesdropping... She shot a dagger glare toward the back door, but it remained closed. Hn....

Casually, Han nodded to agree with Juzo's comments about the 'good stuff' in the bakery. Hanone was a little indifferent about all of it, but logically she knew it was awesome product and most people had heard of this place already. However, when he came over toward the puffy sitting chairs, she refocused her attention on the blue haired boy (giving Na no more thought for now) and nodded a lot more readily when asked about the bag and box. "Yep! Your 30 yen of cakes and cookies." She lifted the package and extended her arms to offer him his prize.

"I wasn't sure if you'd come actually but I'm glad you made it. Erm. I'd have to give these all to the bums in the red light district if you didn't!" Her joke was pretty lame. Yea. But she didn't really know what to say to Juzo. Han was a person of action! Here she was just a girl and he was just a boy. So that meant... she needed to be conversational, yes?

She sighed internally. Han wasn't a fan of idle chatter. Still... she didn't really know much about Juzo, so it wouldn't be a complete waste, that was, if the boy was game. Maybe something personal. "So.. do you have any brothers or sisters? What's your favorite color? Um... um..."

"Which is best; ninjutsu, taijutsu or genjutsu!?"
so much for personal questions!

Juzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Accepting the prize felt pretty good. The young man extended out his arms and took the package a little too gleefully. Normally he wasn't given these sort of treats because his father didn't think it was a necessity. It would feel good to know he earned it himself. "Thanks!" And at the moment he started to peak inside the packaging to see what he had received he was bombarded with questions. At first he made an expression that might indicate confusion or perhaps discomfort. Then he reached into the bag, removed a pastry, and threw the whole thing into his mouth. After a few bites he swallowed it. "No siblings."

"Orange."

"And there is no best. They are all useful in the right situation."

The boy tried to sound as smart as he could. It was one of the few things he had going for himself. Then he looked towards the doorway. "Let's go. The jutsu scroll shop isn't far from here and I bet we can get a free E-rank jutsu. They give one away to each Sunan Academy student as a promotion."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back