Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Killing some time at the Library [Open]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru flitted among the towering wooden bookshelves, searching for another interesting read to occupy her time. She had decided to become a denizen of the Great Konoha Library for a brief time in order to pass the minutes by until a class she was scheduled for was supposed to take place. She was trying to focus on the books in front of her eyes, but she had to admit she was getting distracted- thoughts of the class just kept redirecting her attention. It was another ANBU-centric class; although she supposed it couldn’t hurt to learn more about the branch from another experienced ninja, she still wasn’t planning on joining them. In truth, the Medical Branch and Main Branch just held more appeal for her, and reading about assassinations upset her stomach.

Hikaru wore a short-sleeved robe colored a pale blue-purple over a black t-shirt. She also wore dark gray pants and a worn pair of boots- now that she had experienced an ANBU-style lesson, she decided the sandals were a no-go. She sat at a table now, paging through a picture-filled book of the many different bloodlines in the Land of Fire and checking a wall clock every once in a while.

Last edited:

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka jumped up and down the different corridors, grabbing books from up the shelf, checking them and either skimming through them or placing them back, so far... every book was given back. She just, couldn't find the right one and it was very important. Almost life and death scenario, for her. Anyone else would tell her she was crazy but she just knew this book was here somewhere, but maybe she just had to ask for help. Walking from one shelf up on the roof, she dangled from it, chakra keeping her from falling. Asuka simply scanned the library looking for a loner, one that seemed bored most preferably.

A few moments of scanning and eureka! There was a girl sitting alone, man what a dork! (Said the girl who almost failed the academy) But in any case, she looked closer and smiled. This would be interesting indeed a Hikaru, she remembered her name from her file at the academy. She just wondered if. 1. She knew her. 2. She would be a bit like her. Asuka dropped down in front of her, slamming her hands on her table! "HIIIII!" She spoke with a bright smile "Just a simple question, have you seen a book about pranking? I have been searching for it and can not find it."

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru jumped so forcefully when the woman slammed her hands on the table that she knocked the book she was reading onto the floor. She didn’t retrieve it immediately, though; she recognized her assailer as Uchiha Asuka, Main Branch Sennin of the Leaf. She had never seen her this close in person before, and in fact had only recently made sure she knew who she was because Soku, the ANBU captain, had mentioned she owed her a dango during a tutoring session. She... decided not to mention that to her just yet.

Apart from that, she knew very little about the Sennin besides her first impression of her, which was certainly something. Hikaru blinked, and slowly repeated, “A book about pranking?” She hadn’t stumbled upon a book like that while she had been at the Library that day, but she hadn’t exactly been looking around for one, either. The student didn’t have much experience in pranking- nor did she really have anyone to prank, for that matter. She wondered why someone of Asuka’s position in the village would be looking for a book like that. She was eager to find out- she might hopefully learn something no book could teach her.

A little nervous- naturally, from being confronted so directly- but smiling steadily, Hikaru answered, “Uh, no, I haven’t seen one. I’d like to help you look, though, if you don’t mind...?”

Kyoshi Hyakkimaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hyakkimaru was sick of school! He was over it and all of it's inconveniences. Few friends, a lot of bullies, and a bunch of homework. Not even on the cool things either, like history. It was all about boring things, how the chakra flows through the body, the basic arsenal of a shinobi, the basic forms of taijutsu. It was always basic this, basic that, basic everything! He was going through the rows in the library looking for a basic book about different kind of bloodlines. His assignment was to write an essay about the bloodline he found the most interesting, and why. Pretty simple, yet boring.

His eyes furrowed as he looked through the aisle, wondering if the librarian pointed him the right way. But he almost jumped out of his skin when he heard a thud from nearby. He rubbed the back of his neck, annoyed as he felt the goosebumps from under his finger tips. He turned towards where the noise came from and quickly became curious when he saw Hikaru, the girl who gave him the book that, for once, wasn't boring. Alongside her Asuka. He's seen her once around the academy, not for long, but long enough to get her name from another Shinobi she was speaking to. That's the one Soku sensei mentioned.

He didn't know where the courage came from, but he stepped forward with a smile, hand still planted nervously on his nape, "Yo, Hikaru, you're here too?"

He gave both of them a smile, and turned to Asuka, "Sorry to intrude, Kyoshi Hyakkimaru, pleasure to meet!" He removed his hand from the nape of his neck and held it out towards the high ranking kunoichi, looking to shake hands.

"What brings you guys here?"

'You're being a bother' He thought, kicking himself in his head.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka smiled brightly at Hikaru as soon as she offered to help. It was indeed rare to find someone who would be so helping to others. Besides, she could also use this chance to learn about them. She always liked visiting her students and have some adventure with them, that way she could be sure if they were ready for their graduation or if they needed more time... worst case to get kicked out of the academy. "Really!" Asuka gasped jumping once, grabbing Hikaru's hand. "No time to waste then!" She was about to sprint when another one of her students showed up, Kyoshi Hyakkimaru. As far as Asuka knew, he joined the academy more or less the same time as Hikaru. Well, he could also be of some help.

"You come too!" She smiled brightly grabbing Hyakkimaru's hand and dragging them both through the library, she had already searched a few isles so she started with one she hadn't searched. Looking at the books she rubbed her chin. "So! I need to find a book about pranking, I know it exists because I got my confetti bombs idea inspired by it. It's called... eh.... 'The art of Pranks' by some dead guy.. eh..." She thought for a bit, scratching the pack of her head "Tsun Tzu? Sun titzu? Sun tzu? Somewhere along those lines." Asuka gracefully jumped, slowly landing in one of the bookshelves and started searching. "If you want to know why, I'm need new ideas. Need to get revenge against my big sister.... stupid stinky bombs...."

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru was startled again by Asuka’s sudden movements, but less so than the last time- she was starting to get used to the Sennin’s energetic demeanor. She returned her smile and was ready to ask where she had already looked when she spotted Hyakkimaru appearing from behind one of the bookshelves. Her smile widened a little, and she responded, “Hey, long time no see! There’s a class in a little bit, but in the meantime I’ve offered to help-” She cut herself off as the woman she had been about to introduce took her friend’s hand and steered them both through the orderly labyrinth of shelves.

As they came to a stop, Hikaru shrugged at the other student and listened to Asuka’s directions. Confetti bombs sounded interesting, and for a moment she entertained an amusing mental image of employing them in combat to some usefulness. As the woman jumped away, already resuming her search, Hikaru walked along the bookshelves, looking for this ‘The Art of Pranks’ by an author along the lines of the guesses Asuka mentioned. Her attention was elsewhere, though- wondering about the sibling she had cited as her target. She knew a few things about the Sennin, but never that she had an older sister.

Kyoshi Hyakkimaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Huh?" Hyakkimaru was taken aback when the older kunoichi took him along in a forceful manner. She dragged the two young students to an unsearched aisle full of books on either row. The Sennin informed them she was looking for a prank book so she could pull something on her older sister. This was definitely strange behavior for a kunoichi, at least that's what Hyakkimaru thought. He would never expect someone of such a ranking to be so jovial, especially after seeing how strict and straightforward Soku Sensei was. But one thing was for sure, his day was getting a lot more entertaining.

"Confetti bombs?" He repeated, a huge smile on his face, "If you wouldn't mind sharing how to make those, I think it would be pretty cool as a uhrm-experiment."

He stood side by side with Hikaru searching the books on the row opposite of the ones she searched. When Asuka wasn't paying attention he whispered towards Hikaru, "Weird to see a Sennin looking for something like this huh?"

"So what did your sister do to you that you need to get revenge?" Turning his attention back to Asuka, he was always direct and confrontational, so he didn't mind asking.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She looked for the book. Man were did the librarian leave it? Knowing her own branch they probably hid it to stop her from doing anything stupid, which made sense... but Asuka never liked making sense. She liked having fun and stuff. But she did smile at the kid showing interest on her creation, she hadn't heard anyone interested in that kind of stuff before but it seemed as he was. With a big smile on her face she spoke. "Sure! Can't do it here though, it's hard to get the amount just right. You get it wrong and something might actually break! Come by my office sometime, I'll show you!"

She went on top of the bookshelf and looked at the books from the top, trying to find the right one. The're questions were indeed interesting but Hikaru was a bit quiet. She gave a pout to Hyakkimaru. "Long story short, she sent a very important message through stinky bombs. So now I'm going to send one right back!" Giving a nod towards Hikaru "Yo, while we look for this. Any prank ideas? Need to be original."

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru paused her train of thought to answer Hyakkimaru, “Yeah, I agree... She’s energetic, though, which is a great thing to be if you’re helping to manage a village. I might be interested in those confetti bombs, too- they sound to me like useful tools to carry around, if you can believe that.” Her thoughts had indeed been straying towards multiple ways to use a confetti bomb in practice. This whole pranking thing was new to her, yes, but maybe Asuka would let her take a look at the book the three of them were looking for, if they ever found it.

The Kunoichi’s question made her stop and think. Original prank ideas? She had picked the wrong student to ask about this- though she had been silent for the past few minutes while wondering about the Sennin, she realized sheepishly. She thought about a televised fight her father had been watching recently from a tournament. He had been rooting for an old friend of his who could send his chakra through his weapon to hit opponents. She looked up at Asuka and asked, “You’re good at chakra control, right?” That was a silly question, of course she was. She had been walking all over the bookshelves earlier, hadn’t she? “Uh, well... If it’s possible to infuse your chakra into a weapon or something, you could try running chakra through a confetti bomb, just to see what would happen. Maybe that would make them better pranks? I know it’s not completely original, but I’m... not exactly a prankstress myself.” She had begun to discover her own natural affinity for Wind chakra in recent weeks; maybe infusing that into a confetti bomb would make it bounce.

As she went quiet again, she instinctively checked the clock on the wall, and her mind returned to the book she had been reading before their search had begun- a compendium of Bloodlines and similar abilities found in the Land of Fire. Asuka was part of the Uchiha bloodline; maybe she could teach the students a few things. “Erm- Asuka, ma’am? Could you tell us anything about Bloodlines and... stuff? We have to write an essay about them for school.”

[MFT]

Last edited:

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka stopped looking for a second and looked at Hikaru, it seemed as though she had a question. That is until she heard it, oh... it wasn't a question but an idea. She hadn't thought of running chakra through the bombs... I mean she could do that and maybe have a seal inside of them, that way the air gust could be better or even have a better outflux of glitter, better quantity. "Gotta say, you have good ideas Hikaru."

That being said she did have a question, about bloodlines. Well this was indeed interesting to say the least, it wasn't long when you saw kids having interesting in school. She would have too keep a good eye on her. "Well, bloodlines are simple yet complicated." She started speaking still looking for the book. "A bloodline is a special ability that is granted based on your genes alone, basically it's an advantage some people have thanks to the luck draw when they were born. Now it doesn't mean you can't exceed without a bloodline but it does help to find your specialty in the Shinobi world."

"Some have very good eyesight, others can play with their size while some have an ice kink."
Asuka smiled "That's the very basic, if you want more information just ask me more specific questions."

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The girl couldn’t help but smile at the older ninja’s compliment. She listened as she explained what a bloodline was and gave some examples of what they did. Specific questions... she paused her search and thought for a few moments. Before her trip to the Academy/Library, Hikaru had asked her father about interesting bloodline abilities that he had knowledge of. She considered it a perfectly appropriate question, since he practically read books about that kind of thing for the both of their livings. To her surprise, though, he tried his best to dodge the question and didn’t seem willing to talk about the subject at all. That interaction had refused to leave her head, and she attempted to give it more thought now that she had someone to answer her questions.

So far as she knew, her father’s side of the family wasn’t related to any of the major clans in the Leaf Village or any other. He was an only child, the proud son of a baker and a retired medical kunoichi. He was now on good terms with lesser figures in several prominent bloodlines through his work in the research facility - Hikaru had several close friends who were children of one Hyuuga cousin or another. The Miyazakis didn’t have any birth-power to call their own... but maybe her mother’s family did? It wasn’t likely- the Amari clan wasn’t anywhere on the registry lists she had skimmed in the book she was reading earlier. While her father hypothesized that her heightened chakra control was inherited from the other side of her lineage, it could hardly compare to the (in)famous Sharingan or size-changing (nor would she consider it a ‘kink’ of any kind).

She would have to write her essay about something else, then; something that wasn’t her own. “You’re part of a bloodline, right?” she asked Asuka. “Could you tell me some more about yours?”

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Mine?" Asuka smiled, it had been a while since someone had asked her about her own bloodline and she was interested to know what the girl thought about it, although she didn't know if her bloodline was common knowledge or not. As far as she knew, it wasn't necessarily a secret but she would be smart to keep a few details a secret. "Well, my bloodline is a dojutsu." She spoke turning to look at the curious student. "That means it's an eye technique." She wouldn't activate it, not here anyway. "The Sharingan it's called and it lets me do a couple of things." She took out a book and started skimming through it. "To make a long story short it let's me perceive everything around me and understand it, I can read lips, copy jutsus although the Sharingan specializes in Genjutsu. The Sharingan let's me predict my opponents movements but I can only react to it if I'm fast enough..." Asuka placed the book back on the shelf.

"Believe me, it's no fun seeing a punch coming your way in slow motion and not being able to do anything about it. In any case, it's mostly known for that and the it's unique eye techniques. Genjutsu, I can cast and cancel them without moving a finger. The other stuff depends on who you talk too."

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Setting the books she held in her hand aside for a moment, Hikaru listened with fascination as the older kunoichi described the gifts her lineage possesed. She was no stranger to the Uchiha name- they were the first one thought of when bloodlines came to mind (as they had been lately for the young student). It was certainly a unique opportunity to talk with an experienced Uchiha, however widely their population was spread. She tilted her head to one side as Asuka shifted to face her, the boring normal eyes she lay claim to wide with rapt attention. Copying jutsu, casting Genjutsu with ease, even reading quickly... of course, it was no wonder the Sharingan was as eminent as it was among Hikaru’s schoolmates and friends.

“She talks like she’s done all of this a thousand times…” thought Hikaru. She had so many questions for her... but she was still acutely conscious that her class was starting soon, and besides, wasn’t she supposed to be helping Asuka look for a book about pranking? She didn’t think it was possible to feel any further from finding one lousy guidebook, and they had been combing the library for it since the Sennin had found her a little while ago. Come to think of it, she didn’t even remember properly introducing herself. As the girl spun back to face the woman beside her, already leaning forward into a hasty bow, her arm knocked clumsily into the tall shelf beside her and a single book toppled from it, just missing her head on its way down. It lay sprawled on the tiled floor with its hardback cover facing up: it read, “Mischievous Antics and You: A Personalized Guide to Annoying Others... With Style!” Hikaru peered at the high shelves the rogue manual had dive-bombed off of; perhaps this was the right place to look, after all.

The girl straightened from her bow and said, “I think we might actually be getting close to finding that book, finally... You’re sure it was called ‘The Art of Pranks,’ right?” She scanned the towering layers of shelves before her slowly, wondering if their targeted volume had any defining colors or features. She didn’t say a word about what she was planning to do- although she wasn’t completely sure, she was mostly confident it would work, since controlling her chakra was beginning to become like second nature. Making up her mind, Hikaru willed her chakra into the soles of her feet and placed her right foot on the stained and aged wood of the shelf nearest, her eyes on the gap where the other book had fallen. She pulled herself up the wooden panel cautiously, starting by sliding her feet along its smooth surface and gradually trusting herself enough to lift one foot at a time. She wondered quickly if Asuka was still down there, watching her feat, remembering that this kind of thing required practically no effort from experienced shinobi and that she had seen the Sennin as well strolling up the walls earlier.

Hikaru had reached the height of the dropped book’s wake, but the long stretch of bare shelf she had been using for support didn’t extend nearly far enough to reach. She momentarily considered that the only option would be to walk on the books, but she ruled that plan out reflexively- her father had passed down to his daughter enough of his reverence for the things that potentially damaging them like that would weigh on her conscience more than she would like. Instead, she attempted to reach her arm out as far as it would go, pulling at books to check their titles and putting them back again, until... she just couldn’t stretch any farther. In a fit of frustration, she let a surge of chakra through her feet into the wood underneath them to give herself that last push- and it was too much. She was jolted away from the solid shelves into the open air quite a few meters above the tiled floor, and the shelf that she had parted from tipped agonizingly backwards just enough...

[OOC: Hey, the thread is officially opened I guess! It's obviously been open since I made it originally and forgot the private label existed, but I updated the title anyways.]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka smiled seeing the astounded face of the student. That's one of the reasons she liked teaching so much, the fascination of the students on learning new things, trying new things, experimenting with already gained knowledge seeing how far they could take it. The reaction on Hikaru's face made all her work worth it. With a big smile on her face she nodded. "Yep!" She spoke out "That's the book all right." Having said that she didn't expect what happened next.

In an unprecedented turn of events it seemed as though Hikari was trying something different. Although she wouldn't exactly recommend it done in the middle of the library but she kind of wanted to see where it went. That kind of drive to become better was one of the few things she actively looked for in potential Shinobi although it wasn't enough, potential Shinobis had to show a drive to do better by others rather than themselves.

In any case, Asuka didn't speak as she started seeing Hikaru actively walking up the book case, Asuka crossed her arms and slightly nodded in approval. It seemed as though she was trying to walk by pulsating chakra through her feet, a technique commonly referred to as "tree walking". What impressed Asuka wasn't the attempt, it was that it actually was working. Considering that it was a student she was thinking about it was very good to see this kind of progress in a student, having said that it she could feel the eagerness of the student but that type of eagerness could cause some problems down the line.

She knew by experience what that type of mindset could lead too which meant she also had to keep an eye on them, kick them down if it was necessary which was the funny thing about being in charge of the academy of people that could grow up to have the power of a nation state. You had to encourage growth but kick down anyone that might pose a threat.

But this time she had to encourage because it was something to be encouraged. That was until she saw Hikaru being jolted into open air.

Everything went into slow motion, she had to think fast how to fix the situation. Knowing she wouldn't be able to do much Asuka started going through some hand seals. With a poof of smoke a clone appeared throwing Asuka up in the air where she promptly caught Hikaru.

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to get the shelf to stop from toppling and a domino effect went through the library. One shelf toppling upon the next, and the next. Asuka simply looked as this went going on. Students were scrambling to get out of the way, books in hand.

Asuka simply sighed, knowing what was going to happen next. She looked at Hikaru and simply smiled, giggling slightly. "Gods damn it..." She scratched the back of her head "Do have to say, I'm impressed at your control. Although you do have to work on your concentration."

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The student toppled through the empty space between shelves, letting out a brief gasp as her shoes broke contact with the surface they had been clinging to. She kicked her foot out in a hasty effort to re-grab the wood, just out of reach, as she fell. Hikaru’s panic rose- she tried to fumble through a string of handsigns she had forgotten, and was bracing her body for impact when Asuka caught her. They touched down safely, and the girl’s feet were on the ground once more. She winced at the crashes of falling shelves that were the results of her handiwork. All around, the huge bookcases toppled over one another as other students did their best to dodge the academic debris. Hikaru’s face flamed red, each collision brightening its color.

Once the dust settled, Hikaru released her breath slowly. A couple of disgruntled-looking Academy staff rushed between the patrons, making sure everyone was okay. Some older shinobi began replacing scattered books on their shelves and pushing the ones that had fallen back to an upright position. Many people around shot looks in Hikaru’s direction, but when they noticed Asuka with her, they seemed to just shrug or grumble a bit and go back to what they were doing. The student looked up at the woman as she spoke, wondering if she should point out what she saw after her inevitable scolding. She instead found herself surprised by the Sennin’s reaction once again- she hadn’t expected advice and praise, and felt the color return to her cheeks accompanied by a sheepish smile. “Thank you. And thanks for saving me from that fall earlier.” Hikaru looked around for a moment and found the clock. “I have a lesson starting soon, but I’m going to stay here for a few minutes to help clean up after myself. I’d appreciate it if you would help with this, too... but of course you don’t have to! I’ll also make sure to practice my concentration as soon as I get a chance.” She would definitely have to practice her tree-walking and its variations- but for now, there was a mess to take care of.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka smiled giggling softly. It was indeed impressive how someone with so little knowledge could still cause so much trouble but that was what school was about after all. Experimenting, out in the field would be a different story all together. In any case, Asuka shook her head. "Yeah you're not going to your next class." She spoke with a smile "Cleaning this up is going to take more than a few minutes soooo..." She gave a shrug. Seeing how Hikaru had reacted she knew that scolding her wouldn't have any positive attitude since she already felt bad enough, hell... the girl turned red for a moment. But that still didn't mean she couldn't be responsible for her actions. She gave Hikaru a pat on the head "Don't worry about your class, if anyone gives you trouble about your absence come over to my office." Before moving forward she stopped for a moment. "Also, i don't necessarily condone experimentation inside the academy. Next time you want to eh... test your knowledge do so outside school grounds so... things like this don't happen again." She smiled at her before clapping her hands. "All right. Let's clean this stuff up Hikaru. Hell. Let's do this, I'll give you your class while we clean. What was it going to be about?" She asked moving forward, starting to pick up books and placing them on a table.

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru let out a small sigh. She supposed there could be worse consequences for knocking over half of the library like a row of dominoes, but missing her class just naturally didn’t sit right with her. Asuka’s reaction to her blunder was more than reassuring, thankfully: she was growing to appreciate the Sennin’s nonchalant liveliness more and more. The girl noted when she mentioned experimenting in places other than Academy grounds- she had been hoping to find a good spot to train that wasn’t close to her house, the school, or anything else an obstinate student could potentially make a disaster out of.
As Sennin and student moved to retrieve wayward books from the floor, Hikaru recounted the description for the class she was missing from one of the Academy boards: “It was just supposed to be ‘a review of the specific ranks within the village and how the different branches operate with them.’ This isn’t the first time I’ve heard about the ranks and all, but I wanted to make sure I caught the review session so I can make it to Genin one day.” Hikaru stepped back as two shinobi pushed one of the shelves in front of them back upright again. “I was also interested to learn if other hidden villages had the same system of ranking or not. Nobody from outside Konoha has talked to me yet, so I wanted to find out.” She fell silent, focusing her energy on reshelving a particularly oddly-shaped novel. It was reassuring that the efforts to restore the place seemed to be underway and working around her; she still felt bad about causing the accident, but at least its harm wouldn’t last beyond an hour or so of extra cleanup.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka scratched the back of her head as she started grabbing some books from the ground and placing them on the nearby table. Well, this place was certainly a mess. In any case, Hikaru wanted an explanation so that's what she was going to get. "Well my dear student. It depends on each branch which leaf has three of them each with a sennin leading them. We have the medical branch headed by Nagisa. The ANBU branch headed by Yukio and the main branch headed by yours truly." She gave a slight smile bowing as if presenting herself. "But you have to graduate before even considering joining one of the branches and even then they might reject you. Hell, ANBU is known to be picky. In any case, the medical branch have 2 main ranks. Medical in training, MIT and Medic. Above that is the Head Medic. For ANBU there's ANBU in training, AIT and full fledged ANBU, overseeing all of them is the ANBU captain. Asuka grabbed even more books while she kept explaining. "I like to call the medics the janitors but that's not an insult. We, shinobi, are weapons. The only thing we can do is destroy and some of us are so good at it that we can obliterate cities without much effort. Destroying is easy... but medics pick up the pieces we Shinobi leave behind. They actively save people from things we could only dream of. They are basically the ones who will keep you alive when no one else can. ANBU are the shadow guard. I am tasked with keeping you safe from dangers... the ANBU deal with those dangers and you don't even know it."

To address her second question would be a bit harder since she doesn't know a lot about the other villages but she simply hoped to be able to answer them correctly, even if it was little information. "I can't guarantee my information will be correct since I haven't actively visited any of the other villagers. I do know that Cloud has a similar system to ours. How similar? I don't know. Sand on the other hand is a complete mystery to me. I've only met two sand Shinobi in all of my active career and one of them got pissed at me. She did have merit to be angry but let's just say I didn't stick around to find out. Does that help?"

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru focused her attention on the Sennin as they worked to clean the library, book by fallen book. She gave a slight nod as Asuka quickly reviewed the branches, although she didn’t miss that she was being taught by someone on a first-name basis with two of the village’s overseers, being one herself. Graduation from the Academy came before joining a branch, meaning one had to be a Genin, as the woman confirmed, and the ANBU were selective about their entrants (which she had easily figured out from her interactions with them). Hikaru knew that the main branch went from Genin to Chuunin to Jounin, if you were lucky. She didn’t know all too much about the Medical Branch, however. From the Sennin’s explanation, the medics and ANBU followed roughly the same structure: in-trainings, members, and heads.

Hikaru hoisted a particularly heavy encyclopedia above her head with a great effort. Afterwards, she rested for a moment, paying specific attention to her teacher’s words. She began a run-down of the Medical Branch, and the girl listened closely- of the three branches, this was the one she surprisingly knew the least about. Although her initial characterization of them as janitors was a bit off-putting, the explanation that followed drew her attention back in. Her dream of becoming a shinobi had been in the spirit of protecting and helping others since her mother had passed. The girl found that she agreed with Asuka that destructive force was much more common in ninja than it perhaps should be- to be ‘actively saving’ people sounded more in-line with helping the village than city obliteration, although she was sure that had its place as well. Her brief description of the ANBU reaffirmed Hikaru’s still foggy impression of them: spooky yet essential.

The cleanup was well underway, and in fact the student had barely noticed the relieving progress that they and the others contributing to the effort had made. Bookshelves were standing upright, undamaged for the most part and filled with paper once again. She picked out her original table a short distance away as she thanked several headbanded older women for their help, and turned to the Sennin as she addressed her final question. The Hidden Cloud Village’s similarity surprised her- she would have guessed that different villages would do that kind of thing differently. Hikaru was especially glad she had been given the lesson directly by the head of the Academy, since none of the Academy teachers ever talked about different villages. The girl answered her instructor, “Yes, thank you so much! Thankfully it looks like the cleanup is finishing… you’re right, I completely missed my class.” She gazed up at the clock, reading more than an hour after she had first met Asuka there. Her father would be arriving at their house soon… but before she left, she felt she should find one of the library or Academy staff and apologise for temporarily trashing the place. With a start, she remembered that the kunoichi standing next to her was, in fact, Academy staff, and she hurriedly turned to her and lowered her head, “Sorry for making this mess, by the way! I’ll make sure to look for a place I can train away from village property.”

[MFT]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back