Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Knotty Head [Open]

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode #4
Day: Tuesday
Time: 19:53

He had absolutely no business being in Soon's Haven. The fact that he'd been picked up from there months ago in connection with a string of violent murders by the hired ANBU of Sand seemed ludicrous. Since entering he'd been strutting around like any tourist. Each step taken in those heavy black boots of his seemed timed and rhythmic, in fact they were. The mind's eye crawled up his legs, acknowledging the the ripped jeans that revealed bony green-skinned knees, the musculature around what exposed thigh there was seeming dried up and lifeless. At the waist a leather belt held up his pants, while above that was a bare but hollow stomach with skin matching his knees. Every rib was accounted for, and the swaying form was reminiscent of a zombie invasion. The leather jacket he sported hung open as the evening breeze blew strongly, and the head atop his skinny neck bore a wide grin.

Music was playing loudly throughout the Bazaar, of varying genres. The thumping bass of some sort of Hip-Hop faded in the background as he turned the corner, rocking to the beat and adapting to the rugged drums of a live street band beating on garbage. Whether it was a holiday of some sort or not didn't matter to him, boredom had to be dealt with and this was the place to do it. He remembered during the first few days of being awake, after having borrowed some jerk's clothes, he ended up in the lively shopping center. There were always so many things to see, taste, buy, hear, and take. Only a fool would assume the bounty to be purely those things tangible.

In a world inhabited by freaks and possessed by demons, Junnan still managed to stand out, but at least hear it didn't cause a stir. With the ports nearby, it was expected that those frequenting the markets saw people with all sorts of genetic mutations and bloodline traits that manifested themselves physically, even grotesquely. There was the small problem that most of them didn't appear dead/i], but that was just a minor detail. Eventually, people stopped gawking and went about their business one way or another. Unlike the smaller settlements, where he was sure to send people screaming. That was still possible if he were to wait around in a dark alley, but that was far too much work.

Just as he was about to pass an old antique shop, he stopped mid-stride. With one leg still suspended in the air, he hopped back three times and stared at the sign. It was carved of old wood and designed beautifully, in a sort of old Victorian style. The Kanji basically read "Lost Art", and it seemed innocent enough. Pushing in the door with his hip, Junnan's right hand raised up to his head and attempted to run his fingers through his hair. The kinks and curls tightened, ensnaring his phalanges in numerous knots. Everything inside seemed covered with a thick layer of dust, and the counter was so far back the cashier was almost unseen. If it wasn't for the light reflecting off a pair of spectacles, he would have sworn nobody was around. Still, whether it was a man or woman would have to be distinguished later.

Walking around tracked sand all through the place, after taking a quick left he stalked the aisles. Running fingers over the old vases and scrolls left lines where dust used to be, and made things look quite silly. It was then it seemed like enough was enough. "What the Hell do you think you're doing!?" A feminine voice both squeaked and shouted in literal confusion. The woman staring at him as his now dusty hands reached for and old painting. He was frozen in place as he stopped and looked at her, taking in the fiery hair, headphones, and bifocals. Straightening up, and attempting to dust himself off but only adding dust to his jacket, he coughed. "I have absolutely no fucking idea. if I'm being honest." Exhaling with a shrug, Junnan could only watch with amusement as she literally 'facepalmed'.
Shop_Girl.jpg
After a sigh, and looking back up at the oddity that had walked in to throw off her day, she seemed intrigued. "What are you?"</COLOR><i></i> The absence of fear was duly noted, and the walking 'deadite' went to scratch his head, entangling his fingers again. "Well, that wasn't a nice question." He'd left the door wide open, and the glass windows weren't concealing much at all. Perhaps someone else had already entered, as large as the place was, but what of interest could be here for anyone else? <COLOR color="orange">"No, seriously. What. Are you?" She leaned back and pulled out a pack of smokes, offering him one, which he plucked from her hands graciously. After she lit her own, and his, Junnan's dry, dark, green, lips began answering after a puff. "No, seriously. I dunno' but it ain't that bad. Dick still works." His hoarse and grating voice was followed by a disgusted look on the cashier's behalf. Looking shocked himself, Junnan spoke up. "Not offering, just stating. Jeez..." Was his surrender followed by rattling laughter.
[MFT]
WC: 868​

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When it came to the Dark Arts where knowledge is buried and carefully hidden, antique shops often held promise. It is a wonder what people can overlook when hidden and in the guise of things one would expect from a grandparent’s attic. A Book of the Dead here and Red Sea Scrolls there can capture the attention of even the most sinless of shoppers with a keen enough eye. Of course, said items have been in their possession for years now.

Simply put, even innocent shops such as these can be a treasure trove if one knows what they’re looking for.

As we speak, they’ve found something of interest right now! It was a mask, wooden and simple at first glance. But the carvings on it spoke otherwise. If they recall correctly, this would be the Ipkiss Face. An object, when worn, would drive the bearer into madness and destruction. Hardly as volatile or as dangerous as the book or the scrolls, relatively speaking, but interesting nonetheless. They need no mask to do such thing. But it’s the thought that counts!

They had found it in the backroom of Lost Art and it was a lucky find indeed. After all, they had only really gone back in here to have... some fun with the cashier. The fiery haired woman had left early when she realized that there would be no pleasure to be found with the two enamored by the rest of the items up back. And it was a shame, she had thought, for they claimed to have great skill with their silver tongues especially with matters concerning topics of the South.

Mask in hand, they step out back into the store with casual as can be grins on their faces. “I believe we have found something to purchase, dear,” Akihiko calls out, waving their find around in the air with a fancy flourish. But the two stop at the sight of the third (or rather, fourth) party and at the mention of genitals.

A frown mars their features. Not because of how the other man looked or how he spoke. But because of the smoke. It would be rather hypocritical of them to disparage someone due to appearances when they themselves were far from ordinary. Even more so to chide him about publicly talking of sexual manners when they too had plans to... ahem.

“Oh, it seems you have another customer, miss-” Akane trails off in an aloof manner. They really didn’t get her name. Or they did but forgot upon finding the antique. “Our apologies if you were kept waiting long. The miss was helping us look for something in storage.”

Sister’s eyes roamed over Junnan from head to toe in quiet wonder. The Kazekage hadn’t been kidding when he said there were plenty of oddities in this desert country. Honestly, the two didn’t know how to feel about that.

Relief? Perhaps.

Interest? Definitely.

Exasperation? Oh wounded pride, they thought they were special! Ha.

Kidding aside.

“It is rather rude to ask another what they are, you know,” Akihiko coughs, fanning his hand in front of his face to expel the smoke that came their way. “Clearly, he is a sapient and sentient being. Had you asked that very same question to us, know that you would have faced punishment. The sort the recipient does not enjoy.”

[legend="[b]Out of Character Notes[/b]"]
  • Tell me where the freaks at! Anyway, I didn't control the NPC since it's yours but hehe.
[/legend]

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The less than appropriate conversation was interrupted, by the voice of a young man cutting the awkward silence. Due to his head turning in the direction of the voice, irises or pupils weren't necessary to know where he was looking. Just as he'd done with the woman, he looked over each detail of the people before him. Instead of astonishment or making a big deal over their conjoined state of being, there was simply a frown. However; this frown was not one that carried with it disapproval. No, this frown was deep and almost elegant the way it creased even his chin and his eyes remained focused. Then, to nobody in particular, he'd give a nod. All of that ultimately spoke two simple words to both the universe and that which created it: "Not bad..."

The second head, with a minimally different pitch spoke, solidifying his assumption that while they were one they were not. That one seemed polite, even addressing the deteriorating freak as an actual customer. It was only a miracle that he didn't smell the way he looked, but somehow the scent of ash lingered somewhere, separate from the toxic stench of nicotine and rat poisons. Merely taking another deep inhale, igniting that glowing tip, he held a hand at the apology. "It's no problem, really." The words rolled out naturally, instinct guiding his tongue and lips. For some reason, his eyes stuck to the latter of the two's, noticing how they were noticing him. At that moment, the one who initially called out about the mask reprimanded the clerk for her earlier words.

"Whoah, calm down there." Junnan's tone was relaxed and affable at worst, noticing the fanning of the smog he'd blink at his own cigarette. Taking one last puff, then another longer one, he'd flick it over his shoulder and out the front door. Using the same hand, he snatched the clerk's. "Hey!" Then promptly did the exact same thing. "A smoker and a non-smoker could never equally be free in the same room." He spoke in the fashion of a man quoting his better. His attention was more focused on the twins than the normal person sandwiched between their weirdness. "Could we like, reserve punishment for folks a little more deserving? To be honest, I've asked myself the same shit a lot, so it's no big deal." Extending his hand across the woman's chest and reaching to shake Akihiko's unoccupied hand if they'd accept.

With a welcoming nod, shaking his coiled hair just a bit, he tilted his head towards Akane. "It's nice to meet people with a little conscience." In an offhanded manner he waved off the clerk visibly, to which she scoffed and walked passed them both. "I'll handle your purchase once you're done flirting." She winked and strut onward, leaving Junnan with a dumbfounded look on his face. "Hey! Way to cramp a man's style!" He shook a fist after her, while the other hand found its way into the pocket of his jeans. He'd cease the feigning of fractured feelings, returning to his fellow oddities. "That mask, it just makes me want to say 'Smokin', and I've got no clue why." After pointing to it, he'd point back towards Akane. "I-" He started, then paused and forged on bravely. "How do either of you get laid? I mean, does the boyfriend have to be brother approved and the girlfriend sister approved? Maybe you two are a little more... Actually, it's none of my business." By the time he was done he held his hands up, not in disgust but in fairness and defeat.

"My name's Junnan, and that's really about it. Anything else would be a waste of time, all that matters is now, then, and later any way." That beautifully savage smile ripped its way across his face, revealing what was sharp and ferocious in appearance. The irony was the friendly expression that accompanied it. "If you're wondering how I could tell the difference, I thought there was a little difference in the voice but... When I looked at the mask in his hand, I noticed the ring finger was longer than his index. While yours, are the opposite." Was it wise to it be known how observant he could be? "I'd guess siblings, but friends, lovers, or some combination of those are all possible too. Life's full of surprises." His smile receded, but only mildly and lingered as a remnant grin. "Out of curiosity, what punishment did you have in mind? Methods are interesting to me... Not that I'm qualified to punish anyone." This, was despite the fact that he already had and continued to do so... However; did he actually view it as punishment? He leaned against one of the shelves, his elbow bumping an old vase and knocking it flat on the floor. The shattering sound was followed by an agonizing groan as the clerk buried her hands in her hair and turned up her music. "Sorry!" Though, the lighthearted one made anyone wonder if he truly was.

OOC: We right here! Don't worry about the clerk, she ain't done yet.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This whole scenario was probably bizarre for the cashier.

It should be. As it was, it was rather bizarre for Akane too. Not the whole stumbling upon another oddity part, no. But the way the man was... how did they say it? The way the man was checking them out. The way he looked at them though, almost appreciative- well, they haven’t received such looks in a long time. Certainly, the Shoukyou genetics had given them wonderful physiology but courting of any sort had been hindered ever since two became one. Unless they initiated, anyway.

Then again, she might be looking too much into it. Overthinking the situation considering the lewd act that they had planned on doing with the cashier in the backroom.

Thoughts of such intentions were waved away, like the fanning of the smoke, and was replaced by gratefulness instead when the cigarettes were discarded. Between the two of them, they only shared one pair of lungs (along with the rest of their internal organs, save for their two hearts) and the cancer sticks were always an... inconvenience. They were rather unsure if they can actually incur lung cancer though; they weren’t much for getting ill of any sort in general.

Akane gave her own nod in thanks, her mouth twitching into a small smile. And if Akihiko wishes to comment on it... he stays quiet.

For about five seconds.

“I suppose if you wish for us to spare the miss. We are nothing if not benevolent patrons,” the brother says with an exaggerated sigh. He pulls at their attention. Or rather his twin’s attention, pulling at the ties between them, ones which existed all too real yet intangible in their heads. Because Akihiko doesn’t really quite like how Akane’s interest is on the man and he on her.

Akane smiles with a shake of her head. “Of course. We are not barbarians. If we had punished every individual who has insulted us, thousands will be begging for our mercies by now.” She would have said something along the lines of ‘you are dismissed’ to the cashier too, had Junnan not beaten them to it.

Her comment though was- “We are not flirting!” brother hisses, head snapping towards the woman in an instant. Immediately, his formal mannerism gives way due to indignance.

Sister’s cheek fill with color at the exchange, painting deathly pale skin a sharp and stark red. For Phobos’ sake, they were no blushing virgins! But flirting? Them? Surely they would know! And it’s not like people actually flirted back. Not until they flaunted their money and power! Who would be flirting with freaks like them?

“Indoor voice and manners, brother mine,” sister chides. It is rather ineffective with the way her voice croaks and with how badly she tries to will the blush on her cheeks away. She grabs the mask from her brother’s hand when she moves to throw it like an angered brat. And she uses it like a lady would a fan, hiding her face behind the antique. “Besides, aren’t you flirting? The gentleman seems your type. And he has been kind so far. I certainly would approve unlike that shinobi who had treated us so cruelly at the gates. You had been quick to proposition that horrid Matsu even without my approval.”

“I guess?”
the other huffs, attention snapping back to Junnan. It seemed that it was his turn to inspect the man. Though the fact that his sister had a point does not do wonders for his exasperation.

Not to worry! It’ll bleed out.

Eventually.

Akihiko takes back the mask then, seeing how close it is to Akane’s face and frowns. “Wouldn’t be too surprised if you started speaking in tongues because of it. The thing can drive a man loony. Turn an utter saint into the worst of sinners. Is why we’re taking it for safekeeping,” the boy shrugs his shoulder, dropping the formal act of his completely. He wasn’t quite one for acting like their station dictates like his sister is.

Not that he could keep up the act with the way the conversation was headed.

Because who the hell asks a pair of conjoined twins: How do they get laid?

Akane’s cheeks still burn. A good thing that Akihiko takes it in stride, though it puts a sour taste in his mouth if this is how the man intends to... flirt with his sister. “Needs both of our approval. We share,” he says matter of factly. And if he looks back at the cashier as he says this, he doesn’t bring it up. “Why you ask? Want us to share you? Haven’t even taken us to dinner yet, tut.”

A touch of color graces his cheeks too, when Junnan implies the possibility of an incestuous relationship between them and he decides to ignore it. “But yeah, we’re siblings. She’s Akane and I’m Akihiko of the Shoukyou family. Born identical despite our genders. Shinobi magic, probably,” he says with a wiggling of his fingers. He doesn’t say that they were born conjoined; that would be lying. “Impressive deduction that is though. Not many people can figure it out on their first go, until we introduce ourselves. They think we’re both guys. Or, sometimes, both girls.”

All her brother’s talking gives Akane time to school her features. Though her cheeks are still pink, she’s recovered enough to really find her voice. “We aren’t quite qualified to truly punish anyone in this country as well. But a slight on our person is a slight to our family. It can easily be seen as an act of war if we are to be harmed. We could ask for the offender’s head or, at the very least, their tongue, if we wished.”

“Of course you had to give him the boring answer, sister mine.” There is always the route of dealing out punishment themselves. Illegally. They couldn’t quite voice out that fact. Not without drawing attention to the proper authorities and finding themselves without sanctuary. They are here on the Kazekage’s good graces and hospitality, after all.

“What other answer can I give him?” Without landing them on a list?

“He can always find out on his own if he wants to.”

It’s then that the vase breaks at a good time. Else, the two would have gone back and forth at each other for quite some time.

“We’ll pay for that. And the wasted smokes too, I suppose,” Akihiko sighs (and they are sighing a lot, are they not?) with a roll of his eyes. “And the mask.”

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The brother, almost mournfully, agreed to steer away from violence for now. His sarcasm was amusing, bringing forth a chuckle on Junnan's behalf. And yet, none of this had managed to immediately take his attention away from the sister. His interest seemed less than predatory, and instead laden with intrigue. His focus was really shifted to the brother after her's, but his ears dwelt upon the words the sister spoke next. Silently, but visibly, he mouthed "Thousands...", ending with a silent whistle.

The brother's displeasure at the antique attendant's claims were worse than his. What mask of posh persona forced out earlier had been abandoned. Junnan's grin returned to a smile. His sister's face had gone from pale to passionate in complexion, and it snitched on her.The female had took the mask away from the tantrum-throwing brother, shielding her face with it gracefully. It was only after the sister finally addressed the situation at hand that Junnan's smile was wiped clean. In its place was a quizzed visage, followed by that ever cautioning hand he raised. Before he could say anything though, the brother's response brought further pause. The dust in the shop floated between the trio, passing through sunlight from out the window.

Brother twin snatched back what seemed to be his for the keeping, and gave warnings. It was all shortly followed by unveiling the answers he had sought earlier, and begun turning the wheels of his mind. The fact that it was the brother being more forward about the whole thing had its advantages and disadvantages, the latter of which Junnan felt he could circumvent one way or another. Introductions followed, with some mention of magic being involved and mild praise for his cleverness. "Identical in some ways, but I've already pointed out one of many differences." His voice wasn't loud, that gruff tone carried just enough to be heard between the three of them. Without pupils or even irises, they'd only be able to imagine just where his focus actually was. A slight dip in his chin towards Akane was suggestive.

"I appreciate the kind words, but I don't feel the praise is mine. I didn't actually have to do much." Quickly pointing a sharp nail towards his eyes, it implied the credits was theirs or whatever had given him them. By the time the two siblings began bickering, it really seemed like Junnan had broken the vase on purpose. Akihiko's offer was met with a nod, but Junnan's words went in a different direction. "Don't be fuckin' ridiculous, I'm the one eyeing your sister. The pleasure's mine." Stepping passed them both, but not fast enough to imply leaving them behind, he'd make his way to the counter. One bony elbow dropped on the counter as the hand on the opposite arm reached into his jacket, pulling out a small wad of cash. A step up from the usual coin he carried, the only problem was the blood soaking the first few layer of bills. Looking down at it and back at the clerk, he assured her. "It's fine, it's fine. Nobody wants it."

With a skeptical look, she finally pulled off her headphones and accepted the money. "Vase and mask?" Nodding, she proceeded to open up the folded bills and he shook his head. "Keep the change." He wasn't rich, but he wasn't necessarily giving away anything either. Something was definitely being traded. Once she looked at the money and laughed again, she burst out. "You know what? I've got some special merchandise in the basement if you three want to look around." She'd nod towards a door almost hidden behind shelves, at one of the far corners of the massive room and passed several aisles. Scooting her chair back and standing up, she'd place the headphones around her neck and walk around the desk. "Seems like we're about to get VIP treatment." He extended a hand, as if to say "After you."

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One of the many difference. And wasn’t that too true? For all that they were near identical in appearance, they were their own persons, were they not?

It was just that people often treated them as one and the same. It was a prevalent problem, even in their youth, that had caused Akihiko to act so rebellious and uncouth unless it was completely necessary for him to behave. To be different from the prim and proper Akane. But they’ve learned to deal with it, using it to their advantage as they entered both the medical and the ANBU field, one easily taking the others’ place and leaving no stone unturned in their pursuit of knowledge, power and prestige. It was a handy thing in battle too, no doubt to confuse and put the fear in the hearts of their enemies.

They, surprisingly, say nothing about it or anything much at all. Not until Junnan moves to pay for the vase he had broken and their mask, upon which they tried to confer. Tried. For though Akane tried to keep her voice hush, Akihiko had no trouble speaking loudly about their odd new... friend.

“He’s rather straightforward, isn’t he? I’m not sure if I should be confused or flattered.”

“He is. I’m not quite sure if I like it or not. If he would just stop ogling you like a piece of meat, perhaps I’d like him better.”

“The jealousy doesn’t suit you, brother dearest.”

“I’m not jealous! There is nothing to be jealous about!”

Well, he was jealous. But not in the way everyone might seem to think! Ever since they had been this, the attention had always been on the two of them, never just the one. And perhaps he never outgrew the fact that he was the younger brother, the youngest son even! He was no heir like Tatsuya was and he were to be no great lady like Akane was supposed to be. And no matter how much he loved the both of them, to be cast in their shadow, to be considered only a copy of his sister... well, could he be blamed if he feels a little jealous?

Their attention is drawn back, reminding themselves that they were not alone, when the woman spoke of special merchandise. All bickering is forgotten at the thought that there are more items that they could peruse. It would certainly be a good day if they found more than Ipkiss’ Mask in this desert village!

They would say something about the other man paying on their behalf too. But, knowing people, he might just refuse payment if they offered to return it to him right now. Besides, there were more important matters at hand!

“How could you not tell us of these items, miss? Of course we’d like to look,” Akane spoke, voice near giddy and excited as they follow her behind the front desk. “Oh, if we find another artifact, I would be so delighted!”

“Can you believe this nerd?”
Akihiko asks Junnan with a playful roll of his eyes. Nothing does put him in a good mood more than seeing his twin happy. “But yeah, why didn’t you tell us? We asked to see everything. I know our tongues are great and all, lady, but really? Everything didn’t mean you and your clothes off.”

“Oh hush you, brother. I think the miss has a very nice... bosom. Right, Junnan?”

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Though Akihiko had no qualms about speaking his mind rather loudly, Akane's hushed tone was sign enough. While he deal with the clerk and finances, it looked like he wasn't paying the conversation between siblings any mind. Banter concerning the possibility of envy brought a sly twist to Junnan's lingering grin. Once the offer had been made and the twins responded, Junnan would watch the others lead the way. His overall demeanor began a subtle metamorphosis, evolving into something more steady and composed. Even the footsteps made by his heavy boots failed to cause as much disturbance as before. Relaxed at the shoulders and with both thumbs hooked into the pockets of his jeans, if it weren't for his green flesh he'd almost seem normal.

The sister's obvious delight at the possibility of more merchandise to peruse spoke volumes, about certain character traits. As did the protective nature shown by the brother, something that transcended merely survival based on their conjoined status. What he saw were admirable characteristics, and how they could be wrenched and wrung out in a cold world... For them to have survived as long as they had, and both remain alive was something in and of itself a miracle. However; the dark nature of what necessary alterations had to be made to oneself to endure cruelty and uncertainty remained. Both he and they had maintained a cordial and even welcoming exchange, but he could sense it... Something infinitely more vicious lurking beneath, something that had both saved and marked them.

It was Akihiko turning around to ask a rhetorical question about Akane's glee. Junnan's smirk returned and his strides got longer to catch up. By the time he was beside the twins, the redheaded woman was unlocking the door and pushing it open. The interior was black as tar, and absolutely nothing could be seen. When she stepped inside, it appeared as if she had stepped into a domain without floors, walls, or ceilings. If they followed, they'd feel the solid floor beneath their feet still. The woman raised her hand, suddenly igniting the tips of her fingers. The orange flames cycled through various kanji and numbers, too quick to be discerned even by the quickest shinobi eyes. Only the last one, formed of all the embers coming together to form a seven.

Pairs of lanterns in rows overhead began to light themselves, two at a time in rapid succession. The room seemed to grow longer to accommodate the increasing number of lights, as glowing lines spread across the wall in geometric patterns. Meanwhile, back in the main part of the antique shop the sign turned itself to "Closed". Wall began to separate, widening until cobblestone steps leading deeper into the earth were revealed. Stepping down and following, he'd notice the rows of pristine artifacts glistening in golden cases. The clerk spoke offhandedly with a wave. "Well, at first you two were clearly more interested in my merchandise earlier. But you, Junnan was it?" He stopped, allowing the others to get even a step or two ahead as he listened. "You remind me of something I read about down here, I just-" Cutting herself off, she began looked back at him. "I can't remember what."

Looking from the clerk to the twins and back, he chimed in. "Fuck if I know, I just met you." Surrounding them were forgotten and mythical artifacts, or perfect replicas of some. The names on display were odd, The Emerald Tablets, The Dead Sea Scrolls of the Essenes, and even a book wrapped in dried human flesh, as opposed to the leather of skin. "Then there's the matter of you lecherous twins... I think you'd be interesting to learn about as well." The woman's tone seemed odd, but come to think of it she'd been the oddest one from the start. She'd show little fear or surprise at the appearance of the twins or Junnan for that matter, only curiosity and mild indifference.

The floor around the four of them began to transform, ten dark shadows rising from it to form rotting corpses. Some wore civilian clothing, others appeared to be dead guards of Soon's Haven. One weak trembling step at a time they closed in on the three oddities. The redhead would turn away from them all and begin to walk towards a golden altar. "You're the most interesting things I've come across since reaching Soon's Haven. Well, except for him." At the end of her last word smoke spiraled like an ebony torrent between herself and the company of three. Once the dark tornado reached its zenith the shadows splashed apart, revealing a shinobi draped in dark armor. His mark was partially broken, revealing tanned flesh, white hair, and a lifeless eye. That which was covered had a lens the same color as that which was exposed, except its violet glowed like neon as its bearer popped blades from his wrists.
Dead_Sandy.jpg
All the animated corpses would growl and charge, while the resurrected ninja flung shuriken towards Junnan. The projectile lodged itself in his shoulder and shifted his weight accordingly. The blood that gushed forth was dark, thick, and rich... Hitting the floor in dark spots, some plastering the alabaster skin of the twins' faces. However; there was no scream or show of pain. Only a mere stumbling and dumbfounded expression before he tried to tug it out, succeeding in timely fashion. As the blade ripped out, tearing with it chunks of condensed flesh, he tossed it lazily to the right and into one of the corpse's head. "See, this is why normal is bad!" His remark would no doubt be a little biased, but It was obvious he wasn't going to be graceful about anything.

Notes:
- So, she's used Resurrection Technique: Corpse Soil [M|B] and Dead Soul Technique [M|C].
- This is all purely RP of course, since I doubt I could b-mod to save my life. I'll leave their BLs/CAs unmentioned until revealed through progression etc. etc.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh yes, Akane is in a good mood indeed! “If we find another artifact today, this might be much better than the time we found Hvedrungr’s Twin Daggers!” she whispers excitedly, though the small space they’re going through makes it much too easy to hear her.

“Really now, sis’? I don’t think anything can top that find.” Their Shoukyou brethren had been quite jealous at the acquisition and it made them the envy of the family for quite a long time. A shame they had left it behind and it had no doubt been claimed by The Great Freeze.

Her excitement over such a little thing, the chance to find something new, says a lot considering how legendary those weapons had been. It confused Akihiko. But in a good way!

“Yes! Imagine if we find something like... Sesigynna’s Tear?”

It is so rare to find his sister this excited about anything, considering she was easily the calmer of the two. Perhaps it had been a good decision to visit the Bazaar in the outskirts of Suna for this. Akihiko had suggested they go looking around for something to catch their interest, just like the good old times, when they would scour the black markets for treasure to take. They... they had needed something of their old selves back. A bit of happiness to break through the bleak and dreary existence they’ve been stuck in for quite some time.

Apparently, life had the proclivity of being a bit of a party pooper.

As they were led underground, it wasn’t only the room that came to life. They had felt it before they even saw it. Like the thrum of many beating drums, the scent of lingering life that did not belong and the whispers... oh, they should have known right off the bat from the whispers. But they had been too engrossed in the simple joys they had let their guard down and missed all the signs.

Sister tutted, chiding. “Lecherous? How rude. We had only offered to help you relax, miss.”

“You had so many lines on your forehead. Why, we thought you would appreciate a little lickin’! But it looks like that isn’t the case.”
Brother added with a wag of his tongue.

The twins both stayed smiling, acting oblivious to what they feel was about to come. Looking around the room proper, they hummed in appreciation at the collection. These... these would be worthy additions, along with the Red Sea Scrolls and The Book of the Dead. And if they were guessing right, they were about to get these all for free! Oh goodie.

They knew what was coming, had an inkling at least, that they had hardly batted an eye when it happened. It hardly perturbed them when corpses rose from the dirt to surround them. There was no fear when an armoured shinobi went in to attack.

This whole scene is an ordinary Tuesday for them! It just couldn’t be helped! This whole thing started to make them laugh! “This can’t be happening!” A deep, gut wrenching laugh that had them holding their stomachs and tearing up. “Oh, what comedy! What divine comedy!” They were laughing, even as blood is drawn and they struggle to communicate their apologies to Junnan. “I’m so sorry, Junnan! We-We shouldn’t be laughing. B-but this is hi-fucking-larious!”

Ha! Ha. Ha...

The two’s smiles turn near demonic now, red eyes glinting in the odd light.

And they speak, voices in sync, lending an eerie quality to its tone. The sort that rings in one’s ears and sends a chill down one’s spine. Listen too long and it could drive one mad. If they live long enough, anyway. “So, you’re some sort of collector? Slave trader? Researcher? You lure interesting individuals such as ourselves, to study?” They weren’t really interested in the answer of course. There was no need to know. It didn’t matter. The moment she threatened to even lay a finger on them, her life had been forfeit.

It is Junnan’s angry remark that reminds them they are not alone in this. They do not know how their... new friend does in a fight. But he only gives them more reason to not let this woman leave alive. What did they say? Us freaks have to stick together? Something like that.

But they only spoke to bide them time. Already, they were pulling at the mind strings, trying to affect the fiery haired woman, the Dark Sage who hid behind the facade of a simple cashier. It was often a failing of people who fought necromancers to target the living dead first. When, simply, one could kill the puppeteer and make the rest of them follow.

Akane, for Junnan was at her side, placed a hand on his chest to hold him back. White mist silently rolled off their skin to cover the three of them. No doubt by then, the woman would see it and find their inaction suspicious.

“A Dark Sage, huh?”

“Who would have thought-”

“We’d have to fight another?”

[legend="[b]Out of Character Notes[/b]"]
  • I edited the pic just right on time. It's like they activated the badassery. Anyway, my actions are as follows and I trust you to mod their success or failure and what not! ;D First off, we've got a doozy combination of Genjutsus: Paranoia [Mastered], Double Vision [Mastered] and Delayed Agony [Mastered]. Follow it up by filling the room with White Mist [Mastered] to protect themselves and Junnan. Mostly Junnan. And that's it for now!
[/legend]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back