Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Konoha Dog Shelter!

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Pinned to a notice board in the Konoha Academy there was a poster that read, “Konoha Dog Shelter needs assistance! There are tons of dogs big and small that we can’t take care of ourselves, so we’re asking for the help of academy students who will be rewarded with free lunch and a mark of recommendation to the academy afterwards!” It was not an unpopular job considering most of the slips at the bottom were torn off except a single one left. On the poster it also read, “Please bring this slip to prove you’ve got some sort of ninja ability as those with chakra control and other shinobi skills will be used for more difficult missions.”

The weather was exquisite, a clear blue sky paired with cooling winds made for a great environment. It seemed like everyone was out today, the streets were busy and everyone seemed to be in a great mood. All things considering it seemed like it would be a good day, as far as the weather was concerned.

Making his way past Maple Town and then into the heart of The Oak District he would stumble upon a small concrete building with a large field and cages around, aptly named “Konoha Dog Shelter.” There were a few puppies running around in the yard as a few people threw balls to them. The whole area was fenced off to prevent any of the dogs getting into the street, but the gate was unlocked for Ryo to pass through. The door was heavy and metal and opened to a small office with a man in his early twenties doing some paperwork. When Ryo entered he smiled and said, “You here to adopt? Sorry kid, but you’ll need an adult before I let you do that.” he chuckled, “But if you want I can let you play with some of the pups.” The man had a bright smile which contrasted his dark hair, white bandages came from under his sleeve and wrapped all the way up to his wrist on his right arm. “The name’s Naoki, what’s yours?” he said as he stood up from his paper work and gave a little stretch.

WC: 371

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryo looked down on the paper, he ran his eyes across the text. He then turned to look up at Naoki “Nice to meet you, Naoki. My name is Ryo.” he said while smiling. Thinking what an easy task it would be for this mark of recommendation and free lunch for playing with dogs. As he adjusted his jacket and he continued to scan the paperwork, occasionally lowering his pen to sign where it was marked. As he did this he took a couple minutes and turned to look out the windows, he spotted the dog cages and the large fence surrounding the compound.

He turned back to the cages and he saw all the types of dogs in them. A small dog with shaggy black hair, he appeared to be smallest of the bunch and he also appeared docile and calm from the looks of it he seemed to be the one that would cause the least problems and play nice with it. he continued to look down the row of cages, and saw a dog slightly taller with tan fur and protruding teeth, the dog had an angry look on him. He seems to have been recently into the shelter, in that moment the tanned dog turned his gaze to him and growled at him he kept on looking at the dog thinking it will make a fun playmate compared to the small one, this one seemed to have energy at least and appeared a bit intimidating. Then he saw a tall dog pass by the cage of the tan one. He saw it only for a second as it had just went into it’s cage, from the glimpse he appeared tall and majestic, his coat was black and seemed to be properly cared for. But this dog was tired and went to bed immediately after being put into it’s cage.

He quickly scanned the rest of the area where the cages were located and saw that most cages were either empty either yet to be occupied or out in the field with the other children who had taken up this job. The Tan angry one and small black shaggy one appeared to be available at this time. Eager to start his first job he handed Naoki the paperwork. “Here you go! I’ve filled it all out.” he’d hand him the paperwork. “When can I get started?” he would say with filled enthusiasm

WC:405

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After speaking to Ryo, Naoki waved his hand and said "Oh, I didn't realize you were with the academy." As he walked back to his desk he produced a form and a pen from all the mess on his desk. "Just go ahead, fill that out real quick and i'll go get a leash." He placed the paper on the table and went into the backroom where Ryo would see a few cages and hear dogs howling.

Ryo used this time to scan over the dogs inside the main office, out of the three there was a certain one who seemed to be more interested in Ryo. The small tan dog's eyes never left Ryo watching his every moment, face pressed up against the bars. The smaller dog would yap happily as Ryo walked by a tiny white fluff ball which jumped as high as the cage it was in. The biggest dog was truly majestic it's black fur shone in the light as if it had just been bathed but it paid no attention to Ryo and continued to stare outside the window.

It wasn't long before Naoki came out with three leashes of varying sizes, "You can start right now! I got the leashes. Alright Ryo, these three dogs need to be walked we just got them so we're not ready to put them in the company of the other dogs. Don't want them being aggressive or anything. But we can't keep them cooped up in cages all day so that's where you come in. Any of them you want to walk in particular?" he said motioning to the three cages. "You don't have to do anything crazy, just take them around the Oak District a little bit so they can stretch their legs and get a bit of a breather." Naoki leaned over, poking Ryo in the stomach, "You probably could use one too, kid." he chuckled as he placed the leashes on the back. "I'm gonna go get your lunch ready, whenever you're back we can eat together." Once again Naoki went through that door and disappeared into the back, leaving Ryo with a choice of which dog to watch.

WC: 735

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After listening to Naoki instructions and jests he would roll his eyes “Alright, Old man. I’ll take all three of them, and I’ll make sure that these three are in better shape than you.” Ryo would reach down and pet each of them on the head also giving them each unique names. “I’m going to call the smallest one he would call Shiro.” the dog would look up at Ryo, wagging his tail in excitement, licking his hand and then barking. As Ryo went to grab his leash he would run around in circles around barking in excitement he seemed to happy to get out of his cage.

Ryo would firmly grip the leash in his hand and then move on to the tan dog. From the moment he got close the dog looked at him, keeping a close eye on Ryo’s movements. Ryo would reach for his back pocket, but as he did the dog began to growl at him. “How aggressive, I think I’m going to call you Kingu.” The dog did not give the same response as Shiro he merely glared at Ryo. Grasping for what he had reached for earlier he offered the dog a tasty meat treat. “You can have this if you don’t bite me.” he looked that the dog and it simply tilted his head at Ryo, after a second he just nodded and threw him the treat. As Kingu feasted on his treat, He ran his hand over Kingu’s head, but heard he heard a growl and quickly moved his hand away. “Good enough.” Ryo turned to grab the leash of the Kingu. “You’re a vicious dog, Kingu. I wonder if you act this way with the big dogs.” Kingu just continued to eat his treat.

Ryo made his way to the final dog. He made sure to stroke his majestic coat, scratching behind it’s ear. “You look like a hunter. Don’t ya boy. I think I’m going to call you Ryoushi.” the dog ignoring Ryo would hold the leash in his mouth ready to run outside. “Good boy. I’m glad you’re ready for today.” The dog’s tail would continue to waggle. Then he jumped on Ryo and looked up at him almost begging to be taken outside that instant. Smiling Ryo would grab all three of the Dog leashes, then turned to the dogs. “Come on it’s time to get out there!” As he headed towards the door Ryoushi would be the first past Ryo followed by Shiro and Kingu who followed at a leisurely pace.

WC:424
TWC:829

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was true that the Uchiha were always a proud folk and Ryo proved that today as he not only decided to walk the dogs, but walk all of them at the same time. With the three dogs aptly named, Shiro, Kingu and Ryoushi in tow he made his way down the street and into Maple Town. At first it seemed like everything might be easy, that the dogs would obey and just follow on the leash as they got their daily ounce of exercise. But that would just be too easy, wouldn't it? Kingu in particular was a clever dog, while the others were just happy to sniff and lick everything in their vicinity the greedy Kingu wanted more. He wished to be free of Ryo's grip, to roam the streets of Konoha undisturbed as a dog of his rank should. He was a King after all.

It wasn't long before Kingu's plan came into fruition. While Ryo was most definitely distracted with the tugging of the big dog Ryoushi, Kingu had walked around him in a semi circle, making the leash wrap around Ryo's legs ever so slightly. Not enough for him to notice, not yet at least. You could almost see Kingu grin from his evil under bite as he planned the downfall of the would be dog walker, Ryo. The trap was set, now all he needed was a trigger. And in the busy streets of Maple Town there was plenty to set a dog off.

A black cat strode proudly out of the alleyway, a sizable fish hanging from it's mouth. Obviously today's catch from the trashcan. And of course Ryoushi had to live up to his name as a hunter. The large dog pulled on the leash with all his might, trying to get closer to the cat. The cat itself shrieked, dropping it's lunch as it ran off trying to escape the big dog who was still securely held by Ryo's leash. However this was all Kingu needed, just as the big dog began to rush in one direction, Kingu quickly wrapped around Ryo's legs. Tying him up and limiting his mobility, he could not move as the big dog would pull him down to the ground and drag him for a few feet! Shiro immediately began to lick Ryo's face as he stumbled to the ground, while Kingu tried to run in the other direction in an attempt to escape from his so called dog sitter. Ryuoshi still had cat on his mind and was pulling Ryo in the opposite direction. If Ryo was going to stand any chance of catching the now escaping Kingu he would need to free his legs and somehow stop the stampeding Ryoushi!

WC: 1190

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Ryo fell he looked at the directions he was being pulled first he looked up towards he saw that Ryoushi was pulling him forward in an attempt to get his prey the black cat. Afterwards he turned to look at the cause of his realizing that Kingu had been the cause of the problem. “Kingu!” he would shout only for the insidious dog to turn back and look at him, then Ryo saw Kingu’s evil large smirk across his face. “You bastard.” Kingu simply nodded to Ryo’s words. Ryo took a minute to think with face buried in the ground “I will not be outsmarted by a dog!” he said as Ryoushi pulled him forward, Ryo had felt the licks of Shiro as well as the hard cold dirt, looking around he saw that Ryoushi had gained his prize the fish, As Ryoushi feasted Ryo shaking his head in disappointment. Ryo felt disgraced that a dog as small as Kingu had managed to outsmart. Him an Uchiha of Konoha. Not wanting to let a dog have a one up on him he quickly attempted to release himself from the Kingu’s trap. But as he turned around to lay on his and lifted his legs so that he may loosen the leash from his legs. When he looked down he spotted Kingu look at him and with an evil smirk Kingu pulled himself free from the collar and made his escape from Ryo.

Ryo seeing this he quickly made his attempt to release himself Shiro’s licking had begun to obstruct his view of where Kingu had gone realizing he was too late and Kingu was nowhere to be seen. Ryo then chastised Shiro for licking him and rose his hand to Ryoushi for dropping him but refrained from hitting him knowing that Kingu was the one who had tied his legs with his leash. Turning down the path of where Ryo saw Kingu run. “I will not fail my first job.” Ryo closed his fist and closed his eyes, and activated his Sharingan.
Wc:343
TWC:1172

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the boy's Sharingan activated he had an increased awareness in that he could see where the clever Kingu tried to make his escape. After finally getting his bearings and out of his trap he had two dogs, one who was more than satisfied to get a large fish and the other wishing to lick Ryo's face even more. Kingu however was gaining distance as he darted in between people, sending one old lady carrying a basket of clothes straight onto her butt. One of her oversized bras falling straight onto the face of the chasing Ryo. If Kingu would've saw what happened he would've smirked but the dog was too busy trying to gain even more distance between the two. Ryo had little to no time to sit around and help the woman, if he didn't start gaining some distance the ever elusive Kingu would remain free for another day. Ready to not only terrorize Konoha but to increase his influence in however dogs do such.

However Ryo wasn't slow, it is said a Uchiha whose activated his Sharingan seems to just get stronger in every sense, and Ryo was no different. His increased speed and reflexes let him close the distance between him and Kingu even if it took all he had. The two other dogs happily marching behind him, as they hung from their leash. Kingu shot into an alleyway before Ryo caught up. The alley way was dark but rays of light flicked in between the clotheslines. It was solid brick the whole way around, with no way for anyone to hop over the wall. There was a collection of garbage cans and a cardboard box laid against the wall, but Kingu was nowhere to be seen. Ryo would be certain he saw him run into the alleyway, as a Uchiha's eyes never betray him but somehow Kingu must've hid somewhere in the small and dark alleyway.

WC: 1511

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shortly before arriving in the alleyway Ryo’s Sharingan had deactivated, he did not have much chakra as he was just recently learning in the academy to learn how to control it. In frustration slammed his fist on the lid of a garbage can, how could such a small dog be so cunning and elusive. Raising his hand to slam his palm onto his forehead, he spoken in anger “I cannot finish this job without Kingu with me! It will not be said that Ryo Uchiha has any half completed jobs!” he looked around at the boxes, half heartedly kicking some of them. All the while calling out Kingu’s name. He turned his gaze to the two dogs behind him sitting down, both of them keeping looking at Ryo with their tongues out, panting. It was getting late, he looked up at the sky he noticed the clear blue sky that had earlier dominated the sky had started to turn red as the sun had begun to set. He had thought of the lady he had so rudely pushed aside while he was chasing Kingu feeling guilty, he fell to sit down against the wall of the dark alleyway, he ran his hand across his hair until he reached his forehead and he envision a Ninja headband on it. And thought about how great of ninja he will be when he gets out of the academy and becomes a genin.

As he sat there he was approached by the Shiro and Ryoushi. Shiro immediately ran up to him, Shiro quickly put his paws onto Ryo’s chest using it to hold himself up while he licked his face. Ryo could see that Shiro was obviously happy that he had been taken out on this chase. Ryoushi simply went down to laid down on the ground and placed his head onto Ryo’s lap. As he did this Ryo ran his hand down Ryoushi’s head, petting it afterwards. Ryo tilted his head back and began to think. There’s no way that Kingu could’ve left with him seeing it. He did have the Sharingan and Kingu arrived shortly after him he would’ve also seen him run out through the exit. He would place his right hand on a box that was beside him and raise his left hand to his hair scratching it. He thought about his situation and knew Kingu was no fit dog he was fat small one. He could definitely hear his panting if he could get past the sounds of the commerce in oak district made this difficult. As Ryo looked at the sky turning darker he reached for his back pocket and devised a plan to place his last dog treat as a trap Kingu. He must be hungry after such a lengthy chase he thought. Maybe this is my last chance to finally end this. He thought to himself with a smirk he set the treat near the exit and walked out of the with a large box in his arms. He quickly order Shiro and Ryoushi to remain around the corner with the promise of treats. Afterwards he went to quickly place himself under the box and waited for the time to strike. “An ingenious plan.” he whispered to himself.

WC:1714

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Who would be smarter? The king of dogs in Konoha? Or Uchiha Ryo.. I suppose we'll find out! As good as ever, Shiro and Ryoushi obeyed sitting quietly in the corner as Ryo laid out his trap. All the things he thought about Kingu were true, the dog was small and fat. He wasn't the type to run around constantly, he much preferred to have food be handed to him on a silver platter. He was a king after all.

It wasn't long before Kingu thought the coast was clear and decided to peak his head out. Looking from outside one of the cardboard boxes he sniffed around looking for Ryo just in case but his eyes widened like plates as he noticed the treat laying on the ground. Ryo would almost be able to hear Kingu laugh as he thought how stupid Ryo was. He not only wasn't able to find him, but dumb enough to leave a treat laying for him. Kingu with his chest puffed and all proud looking went all the way to the treat before stopping. He looked into the air, sniffing, for a moment it'd seem that the ever elusive Kingu had seen through Ryo's treachery but alas the dog was too enticed by the promise of treats so close to think much harder. The dog happily bent over to take a bite of the treat, unaware of the Shinobi in Training ready to pounce on him once he lowered his neck.

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching Kingu lower his neck felt eternity. As he waited thoughts flooded his head, what if this was part of some ruse by the dog? What if he had tricked me into giving him a treat? All this went into his head as Kingu went opened his mouth and reached down to bite down on the the treat. Waiting uneasily for the dog to bite he looked glared at him. Unbeknownst to him he had once again activated his Sharingan in this intense moment. He looked not even blinking once for the fear of losing him again. When Ryo finally saw Kingu the tip of the treat in the dog's mouth, he made his move. Ryo used this last chance and put everything into finally capturing Kingu. As Ryo charged at him the Kingu barely had a moment to react to Ryo. Within a second of launching his surprise attack on Kingu, Ryo could already feel his Kingu’s fur around his hands with this sensation of feeling a large smile began to form on face. He could see the Kingu’s face clearly, he was in shock and did not expect this much of the academy student. As he lifted the dog to the air he could see the treat falling out of his mouth, and despite his best efforts it fell back where Ryo placed it.

Finally with Kingu in his hands, Ryo lifted the dog up and down in joy that his mission will not go unfinished. As he looked at Kingu’s face he appeared more devastated that he could not secure the treat as he kept his eyes glued on it the entire time, Ryo had spent his time celebrating his victory. With this Ryo placed him back on the ground and quickly secured the leash tightly on Kingu, and called back both Shiro and Ryosuhi. Both came running back after Ryo had promised them a treat if they remained where they were. Keeping to his promise Ryo took the snap originally meant for the trap and gave it to the two dogs. After seeing Kingu’s face as the treat was devoured had made Ryo feel bad for the small dog as he was heartless and he has no plan to be. As he fasten his the leashes he quickly made his way to a dog shop so that they can drink and eat before he brought them back to Konoha Dog shelter. After this escapade was done with Ryo made his way back to turn them in.

Wc:2138

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kingu had underestimated the boy, Ryo was an opponent he should've never underestimated. Kingu had learned his lesson but Ryo was now aware of his tricks wasn't going to fall for the same ole trick twice. His heart nearly broke as he saw the other two dogs get the treat but Kingu got nothing. If to add insult to injury he watched as the other dogs were fine with just getting a treat even though they had a chance at freedom, had the big oaf of the dog just helped him he could be in the Lightning Country by now. Oh well, time to change game plans Kingu thought as he made his way over to the shelter. As they entered the room with Naoki, Kingu immediately acted very friendly and playful to Ryo probably to his surprise. Naoki looked shocked as for the most part Kingu had been very aggressive and didn't show an ounce of kindness. "Maybe you should adopt 'em kid? He seems to like you a lot." And with that Ryo was pressured into taking Kingu home. Where Kingu would have a hundred more chances to plot the downfall of Ryo. Just as the paper work was being signed, you could even see Kingu smirking as he prepared for his next plot. After being taken home by Ryo, Kingu jumped straight for the bed. Laying ontop of his pillow and covers. He assumed the bed was his, after all he was a King.

WC: 2006

Mission Complete!
Dog obtained!

Pic of Kingu:

1457954639-3d3426d2106a4c65796840ffc8c30cc0.jpeg

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back