Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Kurenjin-- Is this a real thing? [Private/PM to Enter]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Illegal activities seemed to be at the heart of Iwagakure, and The Abandoned Mineshaft was one of the places where most of the action went down. Sure, the area may have been filled to the brim with gutter trash, outlaws, and other suspicious types, but that was a part of its charm. The “strictly prohibited” signs at the beginning of the tunnel seemed to set the allure of such a place, a stark contrast from the amount of illegal activity that went almost assuredly without “proper certifications.” Again, that allure of danger seemed to appeal to these types of people though. Akechi seemed to be no different. This was the place he had chosen for some of his shadier dealings with Endo, and it was a place that he could come and safely discuss his future plans with certain associates.

Kane. Kudaranai. Those were the only two individuals left of the Kurenjingu-en… that he knew of anyways. They were somewhat of a dead cell. A black ops team, one that refused to crash and burn the way the rest of the organization had folded. The organization had mostly died out, but Akechi’s ideals remained the same… mostly. He still wanted to create a better world, he just wasn’t sure if his past fanaticism was the best way to do it. Meeting Haruka proved to him that this world still could be saved. However, this world still had plenty of convincing to do. Perhaps his little foray into the depths of Iwagakure would prove somewhat fruitful in that regard…

”I guess they should be here soon.” Akechi said to himself, taking a small sip of the shochu filled glass while he waited for these “associates.” He sat right in the middle of the bar, empty seats on either side of him with easy access to the beautiful woman that would be serving them behind the bar. The café was moderately filled with people to keep up appearances, but closer inspection from a shinobi would reveal a Genjutsu that forced compulsion on its victims. This particular suggestion was one of mundane conversation. Their minds had been rendered vacant, resembling human sized dolls that served to fill the bar “white noise” so that he could speak freely.

The only other person that retained freewill was their delightful host… but then again, she was an agent as well…

[Topic Created/Private/PM to enter or enter at your own risk]

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
And so... the time and place had been set. Kane was getting tired of this village and honestly was about to make his way out of the village. Koa had betrayed him and left him in this godforsaken village, which was funny in itself as to how religious it was in some parts. The easiest revolution could happen if someone was just smart enough to put the religious bunch against the stuck up little pricks. Yes, Kane was annoyed with these people. He wasn't religious himself but at the same time... he didn't give a damn.

Kane wandered into the Abandoned mineshaft. A few thiefs tried to pick pocket him on the way down and with Kane already being slightly irritated from the past month's events, he held no mercy. Taking them by the head and sucking all of the chakra out of their body. Most of them were barely even genin strength, just lowly people not even shinobi. Doing this, practically killed them as it forced whatever little chakra they had out of their body, leaving their faces extremely pale.

Kane walked into the bar and found the person he was looking for. Akechi. The Kirigakure Mercenary nodded to the man in recognition, if he noticed, as he walked through the crowd to get to where he was at the bar. Kane wore a navy blue kimono with his black robe over itHe sat down next to him and spoke in a hushed tone "Koa has disappeared and betrayed us. From what I gather she has gone into hiding from me. The last I saw of her was when she helped me get into the village. The woman is too slippery to get caught by the laughable joke of an ANBU squad that this village has. I'm assuming Onamuji-san or Kuda-san are also on their way? Akkuma is here in the village as well or he was trying to get in anyway as well as his brother. I'm unsure of what happened to them or what they are doing now. That is my report thus far Akechi-san."

He looked around at all the people minding their own business and talking about nonsense paying no mind to the two at the bar. I would think this place is a little too crowded for whatever business he has to talk about. As I'm sure this was no social call. Kane would sit there next to the man and wait to either speak or others to show up. Today should definitely be interesting.

wc: 421
mft

Rise

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Conspicuous eyes preyed at the young scientist as she trailed her way within the Abandoned Mineshaft. A place so bleak and eerily cold, there was a reason why this area was quarantined so strictly yet left alone by the authorities of Iwagakure. It was places like these that attracted monsters, misfits. People who catered little of life. You could say it was no different for this young woman whom lacked the ability to feel. Emotionally detached. Yet somehow, this atmosphere reminisced of something similar. Remembering “Home”. Not Kirigakure but before that. The place where her origins actually lied. The place where this monster was born and the people who made her.

She was alone.

Yet untouched. Those eyes could already tell there was something off about this woman in particular. Actually, the mere sight of her jagged like teeth which bared so menacingly from her lips was more than enough to make them shiver. Prey tended to know when to cower and Hunters knew when to gauge their opponents. It was only natural instincts correct? The fittest survived within this world while those who were weak became nourishment for those who were strong. The very rules that applied to the animal kingdom. Humans were surprisingly no different and Kudaranai was effectively a predator like creature.

“There it is.”, she uttered in a low voice. This place held no particular significance and she was sure it was the same for the rest. But there needed to be a place of operations. Somewhere where things could be discussed amongst them. You could say barely naked women and the scent of booze added to the atmosphere of things. Whom would actually be speaking actual sense within a drunkard’s tavern?

Her rosy colored eyes then scanned the room for her companions, and there she saw the robed Uchiha and Kane already present. She just hated being late. But it seemed to be quite the norm now. “Sorry for being late. I had some business to take care of…”, she would merely utter before taking a seat amongst them. ‘Business’ which was a unique identifier for her Science. But what she considered Science to the eyes of the naïve was only Murder. Nonetheless, the woman had never shared her pass time with either gentlemen. Not that she would hide it or maybe she would have subconsciously. Akechi was quite the shonen warrior after all… Their roles was to extinguish the flickering light of those who were evil. That remained true even amongst partners.

“Akechi. You are looking quite well. Did you find what you sought for?”

“And Kane, seems things has been dwindling even further. We whom sworn allegiance to an oath yet so many people had followed on their own misguided paths. First Kagemaru, now this... We may very well be the last.” The woman peered down at the bottle that was presented before her. She couldn’t smell a thing. Feel a thing. It was emptiness which reflected exactly how she felt.

Nothing.

[Marked]

[Topic Entered]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Again? That woman had been a thorn in Akechi’s side since Onamuji had introduced her as his wife. Before Kane had even stepped foot in the bar and delivered his report, the Uchiha had already figured that Koa had gone off and done something stupid. To be honest, despite her relational and familial ties to people that Akechi had the most upmost respect for, he truly had none for the dastardly woman. She epitomized distrust, and she was an example of the type of discord that Akechi wanted to remove from the world. Wherever she had gone, she had caused some type of mischief through one way or another. Kane was supposed to keep her out of harms way but that was impossible. The woman bred chaos by spreading lies and spewing hatred everywhere she went, and even used Onamuji’s name to do it. Koa was an enemy. Her betrayal was no longer a surprise, and her lineage and her marriage would no longer protect her.

”Thanks for your report, Kane. I’m glad that I can count on you,” Akechi responded, grinning as he took another sip of the colorless liquor. I know it looked weird. Akechi simply grinned as Kane seemed to have delivered nothing but bad news, however, maybe there was some good to come of his “report.” ”I’m actually relived. Now we know without question that we cannot trust her. We’ll find her eventually, and we’ll kill the woman. The ANBU or “Guardians” or whatever in this village are worthless anyways. Most of them are just people that Endo sought to pacify and keep stupid.” I mean that was the truth, wasn’t it? Endo was dead, his “Kage guard” scattered about, and his ANBU fidgeting in place. Iwagakure was on the brink of collapse, and all these people wanted to bicker about were titles. “What was needed” had been shoved to the back of everyone’s psyche, replaced with overwhelmingly capricious desires…

”By the way, no one in this bar can hear you. I put them all in a trance… so to speak. So you can speak normally, Maiya-san here is a friend you can trust,” Akechi commented, nodding his head at the brunette host as she tended to the glassware. After all, the man had been working on setting up contacts in every village. It would be important for what came next, after all…

And then the second came in…

”You aren’t late, it’s quite alright. Kane and I were just talking,” Akechi giggled, slightly bowing his head as the woman took a seat next to him. ”You know Kuda-san. I don’t really know what you like to eat or drink so just tell Maiya-san what you’d like and I’m sure she could get it for you.” As long as it isn’t too disgusting, of course. Not that she devoured humans or anything like that, but he was aware of some of her more questionable hobbies. Skinning people for science and what not… or worse.

”I found her. In fact, she may require our assistance soon.” Haruka had made quite the name for herself, after all. She seemed to divide the people amongst those that loved her and those that would see her dead though. It was obvious whom Akechi had sided with, and most of this little impromptu meeting was about assuring her safety. But before that…

”I haven’t been able to reach Onamuji since we departed from Moon. I fear that he has forgotten his path, and seeks to chase after the woman that betrayed us. She was his wife, after all.” Though Akechi didn’t know how the Sage could love someone that was so disingenuous. But then again, maybe he felt that it would be his responsibility to take care of her. He did say that he wouldn’t allow anything to stand in his way. I guess this would be the perfect opportunity to prove that those words just weren’t lip service. Speaking of lip service…

”Those oaths we spoke were nothing more than lip service, it is our actions that determine whether we truly believe in those words we spoke. At this moment, we are the last of them.” Akechi stated, pausing to take a sip in between sentences. They had dissolved to the point where it was hard to even consider them “The Cleansing Flame” that sought to change the world. Things needed to change… their position needed to change… the method they used to complete this task needed to be altered…

”From now on. We are on our own. But I do have to ask. Are you two still in this for the long haul? I wouldn’t blame you for leaving, and I’m quite used to operating on my own. However, I’d rather know now instead of having you abandoning me later. This world… do you still want to change this world?”

Honestly, he pondered that same question himself… though he’d never admit to something like that.

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kane agreed with Akechi's words on Koa. From this point the woman was a liability. She also would be a good scapegoat for things. He would slander her name and when found make her pay for her actions and betrayal against them. Onamuji was lost to the cause as well. Kagemaru was never truly part of the group, just doing small missions as he got paid for his service. Akkuma and his group was somewhere in the area. They were never truly part of the group either as everyone could tell Akkuma had his own misdeeds and plans in mind. Though he did use the man to gain the power he desired, so there was a plus side to meeting the man. Swearing loyalty to a demon with a conditional of absolute truth, something a demon wasn't possible of.

Kane listened to the rest of Akechi's words as he spoke to Kane and Kuda. He talked about the mission and their resolve. To see if they were still willing to go on with the group or if they should disband here and go on their separate ways. Kane nodded his head and spoke, not worrying about being heard due to the information Akechi had spoken of moments before. "I'm in... it doesn't matter what I want about this world anymore. From what I've seen of it... it needs to be purged of the shit leaders it has. A new world needs to be reborn."

Kane was in. He took a sip of a brown alcoholic liquid that would burn his throat yet tasted great. Rum... always tasted good. An acquired taste though as he found not many people enjoyed the taste of rum, especially by itself. No ice, no mixture of a liquid. Just the great tasting, harsh rum. He looked over to Kuda to see if she would also aid them in their conquest to fix this broken world. He hoped she would, the more on their side, the easier things would be. Allies were always better to have than enemies.

Rise

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“It’s alright.”, She would simply reply as she returned the glass to the young hostess. What she needed to ‘drink’ wasn’t something you would find in a pub but probably at the home of a mechanic or engineer. That substance was known as Grease. But this wasn’t the time and place for that kind of maintenance so she simply continued with the conversation at hand.

“You did?” Kudaranai was immediately drawn in. So it was a woman. It made all the more sense now. But the question was who was it? Was it the blond haired woman whom took the life of the Tsuchikage? If anything, that did fall in line with their initial goal. Because one way or another they were going to dispose of the man known Endo but it seemed someone else took it upon themselves to end his life for them. She wasn’t too fond on that matter because she initially wanted Endo’s body for her own research purposes. But there was no reason to cry over spilt milk. There would always be minor disappointments on the way but there still remained candidates with so much potential left in this godforsaken village and even more abroad. She would have her chance one day or another.

“Are you speaking of your beloved, Haruka-chan?” The woman would grin somewhat in a teasing manner. She didn’t know what kind of relationship they had but if they tossed around cute names at each other it probably meant they were close. “But what help could the former Daimyo and assassin of the Tsuchikage could possibly need? She seemed well capable to take the head of the man whom should be the strongest. If anything she’s probably more of a monster than the rest of us.”</B><i></i> Kudaranai already knew why but she simply wanted to hear it from his lips. But the village didn’t seem so ‘welcoming’ of their new Tsuchikage whom was born in blood. There was word on the street of people wanting to rebel against her or even assassinate. Lots of people lost their jobs because of the disposal of Endo. Some even initially came to Iwagakure to kill him. Then there was the Sennin’s, the people whom sworn their loyalty to the tyrant Kage. It sounded like a very interesting novel the more she thought about it. Which made her wonder if any other village was experiencing something similar.

<B>“Akechi, you are asking a question I had answered long ago. Both at the meeting and the time we gazed at the stars over the Moon Country. No matter where you go I will follow because with you I can see potential and a better future for the humanity I love.” The woman’s words didn’t seem listless nor did the smile that stretched to her lips. Perhaps even a puppet could have moments that there was no distinction between fake and real emotions. Because at this moment she definitely meant what she said. There were no twists or mischief just the candid truth.

It also seemed as if Kane had a similar conquest that fell in line with her own. One that would come with lots of destruction of the current era. The woman was pleased to hear that. Because without destruction, there wouldn’t be any innovation or advancement in mankind. It would be the end of creation. They were one in the same and both needed to be at balance for humanity to flourish. Kudaranai had long taken that role upon herself to be the overseer of mankind. But she knew she needed allies to make this dream a reality.

[Marked]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Threat assessments and shit leaders… that was the gist of their conversation so far, but that wasn’t exactly what Akechi had in mind as the primary topic. Well, maybe the shitty leader part. After all, replacing these leaders with people more competent before the system eventually crashed was essential to what he had in store. The world around them needed guidance toward this great change, otherwise they’d be doomed to face the same mistakes as their ancestors when eventually let off of their leashes. That was the bane of this world, and it could be the collapse of the next as well… unless the future generations had been groomed to prevent such calamity. That was the hardest part though, ensuring that wise teachings were accurately passed down from generation to generation. Perhaps, Akechi was simply being too naïve, but his naiveté and his ambition would have to be enough for the last remnants of their fallen organization.

”A purge? That would be the quickest and most destructive solution,” Akechi answered, his reddened eyes curling over toward Kane with a pleased look on his face. Kane was an extremist, he planned to simply wipe the current world away and start anew on top of its ashes. Nothing wrong with that… except Akechi was starting to see things slightly different. ”I’m beginning to see that it may not be the most effective though. Historically, humans with a blank state are more likely to reach the same conclusions as the old blasphemers and cause the same corruption. Of course, there will always be those that fight that darkness with the same compassion as we do. People that will cleanse the world, take the world’s sins, and absolve them through a great fire that reduces those sins into ash.” There was a point that he was getting at and maybe they already understood what he meant, but Akechi was always the one to make his ideals unambiguous. ”In other words, a cycle.” A cycle of peace, corruption, war, death, and rebirth. Those were the phases that they faced… the enemy that they faced. ”Because we’ll die eventually, rendering us incapable of maintaining our guidance over this realm.”

Switching gears, he looked over toward Kudaranai as she mentioned his “beloved.” Odd that she’d use those words, though he made no real secret of the feelings that he felt for her. After all, Kuda’s perception was exceptional in her own right, and what wasn’t already obvious was made so through her stalking ways. Creepy… but useful…

”She needs backup. She needs her place as the head of this village secure without fear of insurrection. In short, her village needs to be cleansed of the corruption that Endo has sown into it,” Akechi responded, folding his arms as he continued with his rationalization. ”Iwagakure’s problem is parallel to that of the world’s but a much smaller sample of it. This will test us. This will allow us to discover the best way to handle ourselves as we progress. After all, our numbers have been drastically reduced but the importance of our mission has become greater.”

So what was the plan? The goal was as grandiose in design as it was in scope. His solution was simple, yet complex. Fragile, yet unbreakable. Destructive, yet peaceful. And most importantly… Fair and just.

”My answer are overseers. A network of individuals behind the scenes, carrying the teachings peace, and crushing the seeds of discord. The sword and the shield. The Proprietors’ of Justice. The Shadow Law.” The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo. That was his answer. ”Thoughts?”

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
(OOC: my bad guys... wrote this post yesterday after not noticing Akechi posted and then lost it... hate the motivation killer of losing a post)

"Oh Akechi-san is taken by another? Could have sworn his love for you was where his heart truly laid Kuda-chan." Kane made a joke looking at them both. It would lighten the mood on a very serious topic and also it was news to him that Akechi was with the self proclaimed Kage of this village, how interesting this would be indeed. If one couldn't have a laugh though with friends, or even a more loser term, colleagues then there was no point in working together. Kane was well old enough to understand that. Most shinobi didn't make it to thirty. A lot of them died before they reached twenty, it was tragic really, how many young ones died so the old could continue to play their stupid war games. That was what Kane hated the most about this god forsaken world.

Kane listened as Akechi went on to speak of Haruka and the village. There was an important part of that little speech though that would be either a great hindrance to their cause to prove to be very useful. The groups numbers had been drastically reduced. It was bad because now they had less allies, less people to help their cause. It was good for only the reason that it would now be easier to mobilize and move people. To go more unseen and be more behind the scenes which would help them working as a group.

Akechi finished his small speech with a proposal with possible answer and direction they could move in. It was a sound proposal. A few things needed to be ironed out sure but the idea was justified and thought out. "I like the answer you gave. My only question is, besides recruiting people to this because we can't do this on our own unless we decide to split up between the three villages ourselves..." He spoke and trailed off thinking for a moment and then picked up where he left off. "How are we to go about implementing it. Obviously some of us would have to become Sennin or some type of advisor to the leadership right? Stone seems to be a good place to start especially with Haruka making a move for Kage, which she deserves in my opinion. But what about Suna or even Cloud. Cloud's leader for the brief moment I met him at their gates, seemed like a pacifist. Possibly a Tyrant behind the scenes though that's just speculation. I don't know much of Sunagakure's structure and the last I heard, their entire village was on a major lockdown. Obviously we have to start somewhere and Stone will be our first goal. However, its just food for thought." He sat in his chair at the bar and took another drink of his rum. Kuda's turn to talk.

[mft]
[+250 words]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back