Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Leaning a Normal Family Trade [Contract Tutor]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Considering the way Yoko and Maru had ended the last conversation she was really surprised to receive the letter from Yikes and the snake lady. Originally she was going to learn her basics and solidify her mindset but with an invitation like this, well she wanted to learn from her father. She wanted to be more like him and make him proud. She was worried about Yoko who had been silent now minus a few small comments. Needless to say she had gotten used to her Sister Spirit. The issues though were between her and Maru and not with Airi in the middle. Airi smiled though, training by someone as strong as Maru. This would certainly help her get through her Chunin Exams.

Airi entered the forest at night, normally when it was more dangerous but with her Fox like abilities she could sneak past anything that was not crazy powerful, she thought back to when she first met Maru and felt like she was now really a shinobi. It was a weird feeling, slinking past beasts or animals that used to scare her. She remembered these weird chakra dogs filling her with nightmares, now just mere dogs to her.

Airi made her way back to the area she last fought the spider with Maru and that large gate was opened. Place of beginnings for them only to now become a place of continuations. Airi had her hair loose, it had now grown out down to her shoulder blades, her hair had never been longer than ti was now. Yoko asked her to grow her hair out so she was prettier and as such she did. In terms of clothing she was wearing her black trainers. Just standard shinobi gear beant to be worn under clothing so you were always wearing something mission based.

On her hip was the standard shinobi pouch and gauntlets that she had made. She liked to have her weapons in case Maru’s training was very hands on. Nervous as she was though she started to stretch. As she did she looking up at the crescent moon and took a deep breath, as she did she shifted into her one tailed fox form. She yawned a bit, as she stretched, as her senses came online she could smell dew and the forest around her. She stopped stretching to pull out a scroll and summoned up Six small cupcakes for her favorite little sugar demon.

She needed to ask maru what others liked...there was actually a few things she needed to ask him but for now...she would smile and hum a soft lullaby her mother used to sing to her. Just something to do while she waited.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A sudden cold wind wisp through the night air, it's scent that of an animal's fur with a dense mist that clung to the grassy levels of the forest which made it hard for people to see their feet since the mist was high enough to cover a person's ankles. The chakra beast and animals began to migrate to another part of the forest including the predators looking to score an easy meal. The beast of the ancient forest could feel that there was not just one but more of these auras that made the animals fear that there was danger coming. Hitodama's began to burn into existence with the giggling of children cutting through the fog that was rolling in with an eerie blue light. Airi didn't have to wait long before she began to see strange shapes walking towards her from a distance, two spirits floating above the group of demons. One was Maru's busty blonde Kawaii and another spirit looked more like a vampire with her all black attire and pale white skin. It would seem like Maru thought that she wanted to meet all of his spirits or mainly the main one's for this meeting so he had them come with him.

The two Oni he has in charge of carrying his palanquin quickly ran to the clearing not waiting for the youkai Maru called for to join him then set his palanquin down then open the door. Maru hopped out of the palanquin on his hands and knees then shook himself before standing up straight. In his hand he had a paper fan which he opened to fan himself then greeted his lovely daughter. "Well look at you in your youkai form." He chuckled to himself noticing how long she hair was getting. "See you're growing out your hair too, soon you'll have long rapunzel hair like your father." He held his chin up then flipped his long hair, looking in behind him to see if his monsters caught up yet. Jeez popped out of Maru's tails then hopped down to waddled over to the side of her master, honestly wanting to see if there were sweets around and she was not disappointed since every time she's seen the hooman there were sweets around!

Jeez flagging Airi to ask for permission, behind Maru seemed to be a small playground for his other monsters. YIKES his one eyes goblin youkai was playing tag with his sister youkai Whoa who was a long neck Rokurokubi who was extending her neck trying to catch the small demon by using her tongue. Kawaii was floating around weightlessly from tree to tree to make sure that there weren't any monster hunters around while Maru's vampire Mina was consuming the blood of a squirrel that she caught. The only one who didn't seem to be enjoying himself much was a shadow youkai who had his arms crossed and giving the young youkai a menacing stare. Other lesser zombies were patrolling the area looking for small animals to eat and off in the distance was a giant skeleton who just wanted to stroll. This forest felt like another world but despite the creatures making this their temporary playground all but Jeez gave Maru and Airi their privacy. "Well see you got my message." Maru commented, looking back at his palanquin then back at Airi. "Okay so I was thinking and I am willing to first give you one of my rare summons." explained Maru.

He looked down for a moment, thinking about how things went since she was proud of the dog summon and he just lost it. He hated to admit it but for Airi the dog will be useful for her at least so Maru wouldn't fight with her too much about giving up the dog. "Unfortunately, since you like to help people the dog would be the best since it allows you to know when other people are in trouble. Guess when you get stronger having you pop in to save someone would be best, after all headsets and flares aren't you reliable so I guess in that regard it could help you get to someone in need on time." He explained. "Slugs ain't much help, besides don't think you bonded that well with it so giving that up shouldn't be an issue. Besides what you'll be replacing it with has far more greater power than it… not a youkai but it's an Elemental…." He finalized, seemingly getting down to business where he trains her to summon something that's better and forgetting that Yoko might still be upset with his last meeting, after all he was a wild fox and they did forget easy. "Are you interested Hooman?"

WC: 789
[Teaching Elemental Contract to Yamamoto Airi!]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first thing that changed was the temperature...it always got colder when Youkai were around but this felt...different. It was even colder than she expected. Airi had thought she had gotten way too casual when it comes to Youkai, very few of them were apparently like Maru and considering this felt different…’Maybe this was someone else and not Maru’. Airi had been in fights against regular people but she had never been in a fight against another chakra user nor a demon. She felt a little nervous ball starting to build. Airi herself had learned from Yoko about how her body with the Youkai powers could work. Airi herself could now move her body to three tails.Anything more than that though started to hurt her, she guessed that was why Yoko never went above those either. Her human body would not explode or anything but it was a slow and painful experience to tap into those powers. As such to not come off as threatening she decided to stay in her one tail form...it would not take her long to amp up if she needed to.

Hitodama’s began to appear and the giggling of children started to surround the area. ‘Why is it always children?’ Youkai were quite interesting in that regard. Airi smiled briefly at the Hitodama, they really were her favorite when it came to the Youkai spirits. They were cute, playful, and yourself at least when it came to her. They annoyed Maru sometimes but Maru seemed annoyed more often than not by his many different familiars.

A large group of demons were approaching this area. Airi stood firm and somehow managed to keep her face stern. Whatever these were, they were coordinated...she needed to be careful when speaking with them. Airi was a young lady though...with a tail. Maybe they would just assume she was a Youkai as well...hopefully they did not think she was fighting for territory or something.

It was not until she saw the Spirit Kawaii that she physically relaxed...there was nothing pale spirit that looked...seductive. Honestly Maru seemed to surround himself with very attractive women with certain...assets. Airi wasn’t small...but she certainly was not developing in a way that drew the eye...and hopefully that was a yet...Airi sighed a little but gave a small smile. Chest problems were a struggle for girls.

Once she saw the palanquin Airi decided it might be better for her to act more formally. She had no idea what manner Maru carried himself when it came to his Youkai. The daughter of a powerful Youkai really started to set in when she looked at the oni and demons. Youkai she felt usually only cared about strength and fear, even if Airi was Maru’s daughter, they would only respect her as far as Maru was concerned. If she wanted real dominion over them, she needed to assert herself as a “boss”.

Maru hopped out in a feral way and then shook himself before standing up which caused her to smile. He would always act how he wanted, that was his charm. Maru opened a ceremonial fan which she loved and greeted her. He seemed to be happy that she was in her Youkai form...maybe she should walk around town like this as well? In fact, thinking back on how she used to be Maru himself did not hide his Youkainess but maybe people should see it more often. It would go with her trying to get people to accept Maru plan...she felt a little hypocritical she was so embarrassed about her Youkai abilities.

Maru seemed to be checking on his demon horde when the little sugar demon appeared. Airi smiled and pulled out a scroll and summoned forth a bunch of different cookies she baked. They were not warm but they were only a few hours old so they should still be nice. She enjoyed how happy the little one seemed to be when she brought them stuff so she needed to learn all the demons desires so she could make them happy.

The goblin and snake girl seemed to be playing around, Kawaii was serious as usual, and the one Youkai seemed to be...eating a squirrel. Well...Airi felt out of place here...still she tried to not stare at the one eating the poor animal and looked back to her father, a slight bit nervous but overall still very happy to see him.

Maru mentioned that she got his message which she smiled and bowed happily. “Yes I did Oto-san. I am glad to see you are doing well!” As he looked back to her Maru mentioned that he planned to give her one of his rare summons. Airi looked confused at first but then smiled and said, “So we match more?” She smiled happily. She wondered if Maru decided this was his way of helping her grow and develop.

Maru started to defend her dog summon and she looked confused...was he? Was he trying to meet her halfway? He mentioned that she forget the slug contract and keep the dog one and then he asked if she was interested.

Airi tilted her head slightly and then gave a soft smile. “I am interested and I want you to know, that I personally will not summon dogs unless I know it is in a place where it will not bother you or the other Youkai.”

She felt like that was too formal and so she just wanted to move closer and said, “Just so you know...it was interesting to see you emotional that way. I just want to let you know that I accept everything about you. The good and the bad, the bizarre. No matter what, we can talk about things and learn more about each other. Know that I am also willing to meet you and give up on some things so we can be together. As Father and Daughter we need to do that so...well I just want you to know that…” She blushed slightly and put her hands behind her back.

“I want you to know that I do love you Oto-san.”

[MFT] 1,018

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru gesturing his head, Jeez quickly went for the cookies and started nomming on them. As the sugar crazed demon ate the cookies, Maru being able to know what his daughter was thinking kinda felt out of place since the entire area was full of monsters.. also he found it weird that she was already thinking of her boobs and he narrowed his eyes at this thought. 'Dangit this curse of Kyuubi thing can be a curse.' he thought to himself, deciding to let that go to see how she would react to him saying that she could keep her dog since it could be useful to her in the long run. She seemed relatively okay with giving up slug, also offering that she wouldn't summon the dogs around him or his other youkai but Maru waved his fan dismissively. "My other youkai like don't really have a problem with dogs, well the foxes would flip out but they only hang out in the Spine. Sorry about flipping out, most of us wild foxes ain't good at handling seeing a dog not to mention my rival used to use them." He snarled at the thought of that no good Suyashi causing his eyes to glow, however he calmed after Airi seemed to approach him.

He always knew that Airi was nice, sometimes too nice but still just as sweet as she could be. Here he was complaining about her with her dogs while she was willing to accept him, that kinda made him think and he knew he'll have to give up on some things so it would at least be fair. Just at least tolerate some of the things he really wants her to avoid, plus he felt Yoko was still upset mostly due to talking to her like she was mindless like his other youkai. Maybe working on his parenting skills so they both could be happy, well he could start now. Maru gave Airi a sweet smile then placed his hand on her head then ruffled her hair. "Hey I'm not asking for an obedient servant here but I appreciate that you actually want to stick around with me. Besides my little baby foxes deserves to only see the good with a little bit of normal from her father." He chuckled. "Since we are accepting anything about each other than I'm willing to at least meet you halfway and maybe give you a bit more freedom to make your own decisions." with this he proceeded to pull her cheek, giving her a cheesy smile.

".... And I love you too kiddo. Both you and your sister." He let go of her cheek, sensing a bit of doubt coming from Yoko so he decided to clear the air. "Honestly Yoko's words convinced me to train you and to allow you to keep the dog. Guess you can say I overreacted and I'm not afraid to admit that Yoko was right. I wasn't looking at the logic behind it so if it means anything I deeply apologize for my behavior, perhaps after this I could treat Yoko to a hunt? Kumo Fried Tengu? They finger lickin' good." He said knowing that at least made her laugh the last time when he said something about eating a Tengu, he knew she couldn't forgive him over night but he at least admitted he was wrong. Besides they were just giant birds which the Daitengu don't really care about since they are the lesser versions of the tengu. But regardless he needed to get them their new contract so he decided to first get them an elemental shard. "Oh almost forgot my new spiritual contract. HEY COLD-BLOODED! THIS IS MY DAUGHTER I WAS TALKING ABOUT!" He shouted towards his still open palanquin, then the air suddenly gotten a lot colder as the elementals hand grip the threshold of the palanquin then finally floated out. The ice elemental was a beautiful pale lady spirit that glowed an ominous blue light wearing an extremely thin sky blue kimono, so thin that you could actually see through the kimono as though it clung to her bluish gray skin that makes her look like a frost bitten corpse. She has long raven black hair with eyes of a deep blue, icy butterflies sprites usually seen fluttering around her in the place of Hitodama's. Her pale skin looked to be almost made entirely of snow though it was as smooth as human skin. The elemental gliding to Maru's side he gestured his hand in her direction to introduce her to his daughter's. "This is my Elemental Cold-Blooded. Also known as the Yuki Onna."

“They are indeed a beautiful pair of children. They have their father's eyes… as well as their father's darkness." the elemental spoke, tilting her head as she studied Airi. "Uhhh, we need some of those Elemental Shards so she can summon an elemental. Would you please….." Maru asked, and with a blank expression the Yuki Onna went into her kimono to pull out 6 shards. All of them different colors with different Elemental powers. “Choose…. There are 6 shards. The Inferno Shard, the Aqua Shard, the Shard of Tempest, the Thunder Shard, the Earthen Shard, and the Shard of Nothing. Choose one of these and infuse your chakra into the Shard and you will gain the elemental with its power…. However should you die or become unfaithful to it the shard will shatter and the elemental with its power will be lost. Yamamoto Airi do you accept?" asked the Yuki Onna.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maru went on to mention that most of the other Yokai would not really mind the dogs but Airi still felt a little nervous. The foxes would still mind, so that meant she needed to be very careful around them. He then apologized for slipping out when she first showed the dogs. Airi could not lie that, he seemed a little more aggressive than need be but he also mentioned that his rivla used them. ‘Rival…?’ he eyebrows went up to that. Airi was curious...rivals were normally...good right? Someone who you went up against to better yourself? It seemed like for Maru this might have a different meaning. Airi already could not imagine more than a handful of people as strong as Maru, it was weird but she was really a super small fish. That was apparently going to change today.

Airi felt Maru’s hand as it came down and ruffled her hair. She giggled slightly and the made no effort afterwards to fix it. Airi was a fan of this type of affection as it made her know that Maru was happy. She had to guess based on his voice consider the mask but she knew with time, she would at some point understand him even while he was covered up.

Airi smiled happily at his comment and followed up with, “I’ll do the same too Oto-san!” Airi would always been accepting but it always helped when they worked together. Airi could not lie that she really enjoyed these times with Maru. Even getting angry, it was just showing that if they came to fighting it just meant they cared about each other. If they didn’t fight then it just meant they were not passionate about what they believed in.

Maru then added that he loved both of them too which caused Airi to grin with glee. ‘When was the last time i heard that i wonder…’ Airi didn’t feel a stir from Yoko but she knew she heard Maru. Yoko was just being difficult. Maru even went out of his way to crack a joke and fully apologize to her. Airi felt a little annoyed with the fox spirit but decided that dealing with her right now was not as big of a deal as handling this next bit with Maru.

‘Cold blooded…?’ Airi suddenly shivered at the fresh new cold that blew into the area. Airi could swear that the midnight dew was freezing over. Youkai normally caused a chill but this was…

“Ice…?”

A beautiful blue skinned maiden suddenly came out of Maru’s ride. Airi gasped alittle a squeaked as she made her way over to them. “She’s so beautiful…” In a soft tone. She hadn’t meant to say it out loud but Airi wasn’t exactly a closed book when it came to things. On top of her looks she also had these soft crystal butterfly’s moving about her. As Airi looked at her she could only think that this lady was the definition of a masterpiece of art coming to life to do business with her.

Airi bowed her head and was going to address the lady but she spoke quickly. Airi blushed a little at her compliment. She took it as one at least, even the darkness part. Airi lifted her head back up as Maru mentioned that they needed an elemental shard.

Airi watched as the girl reached into her kimono and pulled out six different colored shards. Airi could feel like these powers danced before her, the colors spinning in her eyes. Airi heard the lady go through each of the types and she as she was told the rules Airi nodded, “I...Yes I accept!” This was very different than her other two summons but it must be because someone accept was already vouching for her. As she held her hand out she hesitated...which one was she supposed to pick. Would it be rude to not grab the aqua shard from her?

Airi cupped her hands to her heart and thought deeply for a moment. I need something that will blend along with me…

Airi decided to close her eyes and pour chakra into her hands. As she extended them she allowed her chakra to reach out and guide her hand to a shard. As she reached out on felt very wrong and her face grew into a frown but eventually she felt something that came across as right. As she opened her eyes she saw the mixture of red and orange of the Infernal elemental shard.

Airi at first looked confused…’Fire...isn’t that like crazy dangerous?’ Airi already felt like she was holding some kind of bomb in her hand. As she held the floating little crystal shard though she felt like she could feel a small heart beat.

“Is...is this thing like an egg?” Airi tilted her head and then looked between Maru and the elemental. “Am...am I supposed to do something else...or just keep it with me for a while?” Airi blushed though and quickly bowed her head to the elemental again. “Ahh! Thank you, thank you so much!”

Airi was grateful...the soft heartbeat feeling like embers in her hands. A soft loving flame.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well Yoko was not saying anything right now, it was fine since they already agreed to live with him anyway plus being silent would get boring eventually. He'll just bank on the idea that she would either get bored or have to pop up when Airi was in danger. Now focusing on teaching Airi when she saw his ice elemental the first thing she said was how beautiful she was, Maru chuckled then he began to drool his tails wagging wildly. "If you think she's beautiful now, just wait till winter when snow is plentiful." He explained, and the elemental glared at Maru as if to say 'Really'. "Besides she has supernatural beauty, something a few of us youkai have. Heck a kitsune even has supernatural beauty, which explains why I look alright even with this scar on my face." He explained but his elemental chimed in with a snarky remark. "Or you don't recognize yourself in your own reflection, certain animals tend to not be capable of seeing themselves."

Well it wasn't his fault that there was a weird guy who always dress like him every time he walks by mirrors or anything that shows him his reflection. He probably would've gone on to explain why he didn't trust mirrors but it was time for Airi to choose which elemental shard will she choose. Maru was interested to see which one she'd take, he had a feeling she probably wouldn't take the Aqua Shard since she probably could guess he owned a aqua shard and wanted to be different. He waited, she picked, and Maru nodded approvingly at what Airi chose as her elemental power for her. It was the Inferno Shard! Cold Blooded placed the rest of the elemental shards into the sleeves of her white kimono then smiled sweetly. "No there's nothing else but to keep it the Shard. Your chakra is flowing through it so the elementals accept your pact." explained the snow spirit. Maru placed his hand on his daughter's shoulder. "Now it's time for the tricky part which is summoning the thing, since you chose fire then all you need to do is use the shard to manifest your elemental." He explained, thinking for a moment he went underneath his mask to take out his Aqua Shard which had an icy sky blue tint to it.

"See mine is obviously water since you know, ice is made from the stuff hence why I chose the aqua shard. Pretty much have this on you, focus on your chosen element, then do the normal summoning technique and poof it's born! But do keep in mind…." Maru began his warning. "You need to pour your chakra into the technique, so if you don't put in effort you get annoying useless elementals." Maru channeled a bit of his chakra into the Shard then tapped it, then it began to shake in his hands and then the Aqua Shard began to leak a blue fog. The blue fog began to grow thick, seemingly taking on a ghostly shape, forming eyes and a mouth with a different shade of blue's on top of what looked to be its smokey head of the Snow cloud. Maru extended his hand underneath the snow cloud, it glanced around wondering where it was then began to cry. Making it snow on Maru's hand as it whined like a newborn baby, beginnings where he left off. "See, these younger ones come out if you put half assed chakra, though if you like the little annoying ones you can train it up to be around your level but the last person I taught wanted something that didn't look to be a Messenger. Now do what I did and let's see what you get, I got a snow cloud baby thing." He looked at his crying cloud thinking of a name to call it, something that it reminds him of. "I'll call you, Marshmallow. Bebeh Marshmallow" he said, forming a snowball in his hands from the tears of the snow cloud baby he named marshmallow. Looking at it curiously, he leaned in then took a single lick from it then crunched his face up and tossed the snowball behind him. Worst. Snowcone. I. Ever. Tasted.

V1AMS3D.png

BABY MARSHMALLOW

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back