Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Learning the Lore

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Princess-Mononoke-3-1600x900-c-default.jpg

It was one full day after Yuna had signed up for the Sennin Games that she decided to don a new mask, ever since she had found out another person within this Village has laid claim to that appearance. She kind of found it weird. She swore that she had come up with the idea an art style of the mask all on her own. And the uniform she made to go with it only seemed to match.

Either way, she had taken time to make a new mask along with ways to hide her purple hair. Buying a clean pelt of an animal to mix in with the mask and tying it to a tooth necklace she had found, apparently from some sort of predator that lives in Wind Country, her new look was far from being stealthy, but all she needed was to hide her face and hair, which she still had tied into a bun in the back, but way more breathable. She tore up her old uniform to make it more air friendly when out in the hot desert sun. Along with getting a new pair of pants along with an armband, just for looks. She was glad that she has no physical markings on her arms.

It had taken some time, but she eventually found out where this elusive library was that the Kazekage was talking about. Walking in, she was amazed at the whole structure of the place. It really looked like it could withstand a handful of A rank jutsus and still stand tall. Walking through the library, she eventually came across a desk with a single faceless NPC reading a book that was half the size of them. To put it into perspective, the npc was standing and was five foot three inches tall. The book, opened halfway seemed to be about three feet tall on its back while opened. Yuna, not knowing whom to really trust yet, she doesn't even know if this Oiwa should hear her voice, she politely tapped the desk to get the NPC's attention before writing down on a notebook and tearing off the page to give to the npc to read. Raizo had mentioned Oiwa and before that, the library being overseen by the Order of the Oracles.

Excuse me, but may I please have an audience with Oiwa of the Oracles?

Last edited:

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The masked figure would look up from their book, down at the note, and then at the masked person before them.

"Name or 'true name' making this request?" the figure would ask bluntly.

There was a coldness to the Oracles and their library, but it wasn't maliciously intended. No, it was rather a byproduct of an order that focused solely on the extreme witnessing, capturing, and documenting of the history of all things in Wind Country. In all branches, orders, and facets of the village, the Oracles were probably the most strict at adhering to their purpose. Their masks weren't for nefarious purposes, and while some of it was to allow them to document without persecution or persuasion, another part of it is that it allowed those who entered the library the chance to strip away their regular mask, their actual identity, and personality, and focus solely on their task.

From a second-floor handrail, another masked figure would begin to lean forward, watching the transaction between the new person in the Library and the librarian they were interacting with. With their right hand, they would begin to press down on a button that was connected to a standard headset.

The librarian working with Yuna would suddenly turn their head to the side as if to better focus on something outside of the person before them. From under the desk, they would begin to press a similar button connected to their headset as if to respond via clicking noises to the caller.

The faceless, normal, mask of the librarian would turn back to Yuna and await their response.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Being in the Anbu, Yuna had learned to pick up on the slightest of details. Even though the librarian at the desk wore a mask, all it takes is the slightest of movements to get an idea of what's going on. But she would not falter as they awaited her response. Even if things were to be happening around her, she cannot show any inkling that she is onto them, even if it is by just a strand. Her code name; Silent, as given hastily by her Sennin during the meeting with the Kazekage would prove the best way for her to identify as.

Writing down on her notepad, she then handed it to the librarian to read.

My name is Silent. I am here as for the Kazekage directed me to Oiwa of the Oracles.
[/spoilers]

In a split second, she had thought better than to bring up the Kazekage, but he had also told her through the note to ask for Oiwa on his behalf. Maybe if she had started with that, the librarian would rest easy? She doesn't know, but thinks that now this Oiwa seems to be someone that the Kazekage trusts. She just hopes that this Oiwa isn't some agro inducing person.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The librarian would read the note and begin clicking once more. At the same time, the figure watching from the second floor would push off of the handrail and disappear.

"Silent, please proceed to the second floor. The book you are attempting to reserve is not currently available but another is and might provide the same knowledge you seek."

The librarian would unseat themselves and venture out from behind the front desk. They would then motion for a staircase.

"Proceed up those stairs to the second floor. Once there, please head to a room marked 2423."

With that the Librarian would bow and return back to their post at the desk.

"As with all who enter this grand library, I wish you the best of luck in gaining the knowledge you seek."

The librarian would begin to make notes within a large ledger before ultimately returning to their own reading.

Silent, if they followed instructions, would make their way up the steps and onto the second floor of the library, but at the foot of the base of the stairs, before they made their trek upwards, they might notice a door located next to the stairs marked "SUBSECTION ACCESS - AUTHORIZED ORACLES ONLY". Once on the second floor they would see a continuation of rows of books but this floor would also have rooms located along the walls. Each room corresponded with a number starting with a 2 and followed by three additional digits. Was their any meaningful code to the numbering? Did it matter?

Once Silent would find the door marked 2423, they would open it and see a room with a table and four chairs. No windows, but a screen affixed to one of the walls for projections. Also within the room, would be another masked figure sitting in one of the four chairs, this one located with its back against the far wall from the door. Silent, if they chose to sit, could either choose the chair directly across from them or to either the right or left side of them. Did the choice matter?

"Welcome, Lady Oiwa is not present at this time. Perhaps I could be of assistance? I am Fukurokuju of the Oracle Order."

1TexGyJ.png

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna had followed instructions, going up to the second floor and scanning the immediate area around her, using her sage arts powers to see any disturbances in the environment that would involve certain chakra signatures. She can't see chakra like the famed Hyuuga clan can, but rather mere disturbances, especially if it is from a powerful person or item. Nevertheless, she had come across a peculiar door that made her raise her eyebrows underneath her mask. Oracles only. Might be something to look into, but if she does decide to go down that rabbit hole, it might prove useful to befriend the Oracles and gain their trust. It almost seems like they would fit nicely into the ANBU Corp, but as a more guardians of records than just simple librarians.

Finally coming across room 2423, she had found out the cryptic talk the librarian had given her. The very fact that the Kazekage had specifically called out Oiwa as someone Yuna should talk to, and that she was intercepted by someone that isn't and further calls her 'Lady' Oiwa just means that she must be an important leader of the Oracles. As Fukurokuju asked Yuna if he can be of assistance, Yuna brought out her notebook and wrote down before ripping it out and giving it to the Oracle before her. She would sit down in the seat directly across from the Oracle.

If possible, I would like to know more about the species that had existed before the First Men in as most detail that can be provided, along with if there could be a possibility of descendants of those species and more information on Primus.

She showed Fukurokuju the note, but then another thought ran through her mind. It might be best to cross reference information so that she has the best idea of the whole situation.

Along with that, I want information on Mirokou Akkuma. When his presence was first noted by Sand, any noted feats and how the locals of Sand have acted or reacted around him. And final piece being that the names of noted mercenaries or missing ninja that have found their way here or from here at some point of time.

And thank you in advance

The Ancients, their Hyrbids. Who exactly are they, and if any still exist would they stoop so low as to work with Akkuma? Raizo thinks it's a possibility, Yuna thinks it is high probability with having a common cause. To know as much as she can about Akkuma would help her to better understand him, which in the end game, help her to know if the ma is lying or telling the truth if she ever cross paths with him again. How locals act and react, would help her make a list of possible agents of Akkuma. And finally the mercenaries and missing nin. she at least knows of Shion and Nobu, one of which is married to the fifth Hokage, they were welcomed into Sand when Akkuma was present.

(Edit made: basically just where Yuna sat)

Last edited:

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
1TexGyJ.png

From behind his mask, his eyes would glance down at the first sheet of paper, taking time to carefully read it.

"History, that is something easy enough to obtain in this library."

Fukurokuju would pause for a moment as the female would begin to write once more. He would wait for the note to be passed, take a moment to read it, and then make his response.

"That question, unfortunately, would be better suited to the lazy writers that log matters for the gate guards. Oracles time, our documentation is grander than just mere attendance."

He would pause suddenly.

"Apologies. You are an outsider, it is rude of me to hold you in the same regard as someone who is from this country. Oracles, our calling is documenting, and while I am sure someone witnessed many of what you have asked within your second line of questioning, it is rather lowbrow as to what our true purpose is to this village and to this country. That said..."

His tone would change.

"...the lone exception would be on this Miroku Akkuma character. He has been cataloged before. Ask for others that have graced our village, you have quantified them with the subjective term of "noted" or noteable. That is a subjective measurement, and as such none stand out to my recollection. Countless people come in with mundane stories and backgrounds, and if they leave a mark they may get recorded, but the reality is that most leave no noticeable trace or their presence."

Was he telling the truth?

"As for your first question; the study of Ancients from a historical standpoint can be easily found throughout this library through your own efforts. The hardest obstacle in that endeavor for you is simply this; you are an outsider. Now for another part of that first note, one that I find need of clarification on from you is this; what do you mean by descendants of Ancients?"

Back on the first floor, the door just near the stairwell would unlock and open. From it, another masked individual would emerge that would make their way to the front desk. Approaching the librarian stationed at the front desk, the figure would ask the following;

"I am here to respond to your previous update. Where is the outsider?"

8KqaDtp.png

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Under her mask, she would frown at the Oracle's response that they don't keep track of every person that comes and goes. Well... It does makes sense, and they know of Akkuma, even catalogued him. It would be good to read up more on him that the Kazekage may have forgotten about or if there may have been other things layered in the demon's history that the ANBU can leverage against him.

Then he went on to talk about the Ancients and had asked her about the Descendants of them. Hybrids. Raizo had told her that such a topic is shaky in of its own, even when he recommended her to go to the Oracles for more information on the Ancients, it seems that she is on thin ice.

She then focused on her notepad and started writing. After a few minutes of silence and pen scratching, the notepad was gently pushed over to Fukurokuju so that he can read the contents.

People that may or may not exist. As I understand these people are called Hybrids. I wish to learn as much as I can about the Ancients and the probability that the Hybrids that exist to learn What makes them 'tick'. This ties on with Mirokou Akkuma. From a first hand experience with the demon, I surmise that he is a master manipulator and planner. I am not starting a witch hunt, but rather want to understand, if the likelihood of these Hybrids, existing, that Akkuma isn't their answer for anything that he might cook up. This is why I also respectfully request any records you have on Akkuma to have a more understanding of who he is and how he thinks, along with his feats.

It is a risky move, but she doesn't have much to go off of, and she's working on a lot of "if's" and hopes and dreams that Akkuma hasn't found any Hybrids and convinced them to work for him. Raizo had talked about if the Hybrids existed, they need to be protected because of mass hysteria from the public. If they do exist, they are really good at it and may have gone to great lengths. Who knows if they harbor any hate for the average person because of the history of Ancients? She just hopes that if she does come across one, and they reveal their identities to her that they can talk it out and find some solution that everyone is happy. Except Akkuma, he brought this whole death and chaos thing to all of the Villages.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
1TexGyJ.png

His mask, which served as his face, had a constant smirk upon it, but was he truly smiling behind the mask? He would grasp the top of the notepad and bring it closer, allowing him to read it, before sliding it back to Silent.

"Oh, I see, that is what you meant. Hybridization is rather taboo. Stories ranging from unverified to verified. There are two branches of that topic; blood and creation. Blood is just that, those who have Ancient DNA residing within their genetic code claim to have awakened it, usually by sheer luck or great trauma. Creation is a scientific attempt to recreate that naturally occurring process that only leads to bastardized failures; if you witnessed any of the zombie-like creatures roaming the desert sands, we call them The Swarm but they are just part of another label; Unbent. Unbent are humanity's attempts at recreating hybridization or tapping into Ancient powers... it fails and the human becomes a twisted mess. Until recently, it was non-existent to find a Hybrid from the creation branch that was truly close to the actual product... until this village started imprisoning criminals from their war with the previous Damiyo and his generals who were called Sovereign. It seems that these individuals experimented on using a similar process to making Unbent but happened to get it either right enough or lucky enough to make something more dramatically successful. They aren't true hybrids... but they aren't far from it. Because of their imprisoned status, we have only been able to have limited conversations with them to document their existence..."

He would pause for a moment.

"Wouldn't it be interesting if you could go visit one in prison? I mean, and I merely musing here, the rumors are that they were fed actual Ancients."

Chuckling a bit his face would turn away from the masked woman and begin to lazily scan around the room.

"My if that were true... it would mean that Ancients, thought to be extinct, might still actually be living within this country."

His words would be sing-songy. He was having fun with this. The fun would stop shortly after as his tone would revert back to serious.

"Ancients making deals with a demon would be like you making business deals with a rat. Ancients were arrogant creatures and believed themselves to sit atop the pecking order within this country. They weren't human but fundamentally shared much with humanity. Yet their own belief in their superiority was one that was unflappable, so the very notion that, even if any purebloods existed, would find themselves associating with something less than human in their eyes... laughable. If the demon had twisted the mind of a Hybrid... that, however, wouldn't be too jarring. There is nothing documented that says Hybrids aren't immune to one of their biggest flaws; they are still humans. They can potentially unlock power and extended life, but the one driving that fancy vehicle is still a creature prone to flaws, vices, and irrational thinking."

He would begin tapping the table.

"So would it be possible that Akkuma has planted his hooks into a Hybrid? Sure, it isn't out of the question that someone that stupid exists. But the record on Akkuma's last big moment within these walls, outside of signing up for the Sennin Games, was him declaring "The time will come when you realize you need an individual like me...a monster to do the things you're unwilling to do"--so maybe the monster is collecting monsters to teach a lesson? It's not a hard leap to make; he is othered, he will appeal to those who have been othered, and hybrids are othered because of their existence associating with Ancients. So again, could a poor fool exist to fall into such an easy ploy? Sure. But that is just conjecture on my part--a rather big no-no for an Oracle."

He would pull out a small notepad and begin to write down some numbers, almost like coordinates.

"These are sections of the library to find our documented information on the history of the Ancients. Unfortunately, the document containing information on Akkuma has already been reserved."

Her mask was already frowning, but after hearing the words on the librarian as to what had transpired, you could almost feeling her frowning from behind her mask.

"What is Fukurokuju up to... he isn't even supposed to be on watch today. Which room are they currently in at this time?"

Her words were impatient but not frantic. Clearly, however, she was bothered by something...

8KqaDtp.png

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Listening to the masked Oracle speak, Yuna's thoughts ran through her head of what all of this mess could mean. Tring to learn about the Ancients, Hybrids, and Akkuma seemed like trying to stay warm at Water Country. She'll learn one thing but end up with more questions. Creation Hybrids, awaken to their powers similar to the majority of the population similar to awakening to bloodlines or core abilities. The Unbent are failed science experiments.

Learning how the Creation Hybrids have the human flaws at least calms her knowing that they are not thinking they are some all-powerful beings. But the next bit of information brought to her raise an eyebrow. 'Information on Akkuma has already been reserved.' This screamed red flag to her. Either at best, someone else is trying to dig up dirt on the demon, or at worst, one of his agents or maybe even Akkuma himself is trying to keep too much people from knowing of his antics. The other bit of information that Akkuma had proclaimed to be the monster that Sand needs to do things that many other people are unwilling to do.

The very fact that someone else has access to that information is telling her that she needs to find out everything about the demon.

Flipping the page of her notepad, she would then write down;

Just two questions before I excuse myself to look at the information on history of Ancients. One; From an outsider perspective, how much different is it with a hybrid awakening their Ancient heritage vice someone awakening their bloodline or core ability? A majority of those who have bloodlines or core abilities can awaken to their powers through similar ways, sometimes in more strenuous ways. Second question; can you disclose the name of who has already reserved the documents of Akkuma? And if so, I request their name.

She would then give it to the Oracle to read.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
1TexGyJ.png

His arms would fold as he leaned back in his chair. His mask was plastered with a smile so it would be nearly impossible to discern what expression he was actually making. The only clue would be that his eyes, his real eyes, were clear and visible from behind his mask. They were a deep dark slate of blue and they were looking onward intently. They were locked upon the masked female, assessing her as she absorbed the information he had just given her and then a small glint of excitement would appear as she began to write upon her notepad once more. The anticipation was thrilling.

As the note slid over, his arms would uncross and he would snatch the notepad up rather quickly. Scanning his head would nod for a moment before a slight chuckle would escape from behind his mask. The paper would then be slid back across the table.

"An actually interesting first question. While observation is limited, if I had to make an educated deduction I would say the processes could end up being very similar. An awakening is an awakening. That would be one train of thought, and while that would diminish the grandeur of a person either of Hybrid status or someone very fond of their impressive Kekkei Genkai, it would be the most logical outcome. In the same vein, however, even those awakening bloodline abilities could look different from someone with a similar ability. It would be rash to dismiss the notion that maybe some Hybrids experience rather drastic experiences upon awakening."

His hands would then press together, as if almost in prayer, as he would raise them to the mouth of his mask.

"Now, about your second question; I could give you that information but I wonder if it would be in violation of Oracle-Reader confidentiality..."

He would grow silent for a rather long pause as his eyes would continue to stare at Silent, and because of the mask his "face" would remain unmoving.

"Just kidding of course... I don't believe such a rule exists, well, outside of Kazekage sealed records."

Laughing a bit, really enjoying his joke, he would once more cross his arms and recline into his seat.

"The party who has currently checked out that material--"

A series of clicks would feed into his headset as he would let out a sigh.

"Sadly, I won't be able to give that to you. It would seem our conversation is about to be interrupted. I find you interesting, Ms. Silent, and I enjoy documenting interesting things. So if I could give you just a quick bit of advice; watch what questions you ask openly, even on paper, head to the section on Ancients, read what you can and leave, and do know that you are being watched. Heavily."

At that time the door to their room would open as Benzaiten would appear. This masked figure would appear feminine, with black hair pulled into a ponytail, wearing a bowtie and vest outfit. Their mask would be less extravagant than Fukurokuju. But where it lacked detail, the thickness of its material would make it much harder to discern the eyes of the wearer.

"Fukurokuju, I need to have a word with you."

"Ms. Silent, it seems that I am needed elsewhere. I appreciate having this opportunity to chat with you, I hope you find our collected works informative and detailed."

He would bow as he would raise up from his seat and begin to approach the female Oracle. Benzaiten would move slightly to allow Fukurokuju to pass by her but it would appear that her gaze would remain on Silent for a moment longer.

"Place all books you disturb back in their appropriate places."

And with that, she would turn and begin to follow Fukurokuju.

"What is your game"

"I could ask you the same thing, Ms. Benzaiten"

8KqaDtp.png

OOC: Fukurokuju and Benzaiten have left the proximity of Yuna, barring Yuna attempting to stop them. Yuna is free to read, explore, or leave the library.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would listen as the Oracle spoke. Her first question, of that talking about how different were these 'awakenings' of Hybrids any different from those of bloodlines or core abilities. Short answer, no. To be honest, it was a little bit of a let down. To know of these people who might have it out for Sand, are seeming more human by the minute of her understanding their lore, their history.

The answer to her second question... Well, it never got answered. And the warning. Being watched. Heavily at that. Such a threat is not one to be taken lightly when conversing with an Anbu operative. She would take note of the other Oracle, Benzaiten, how her mask looks, body frame, voice. Prior to his warning, Fukurokuju had told her that their conversation would be interrupted.

Such an odd encounter, but this might just be something to bring up to the Kazekage. Something just doesn't seem right. She can probably try and investigate further, but the warning given to her about being watched... She swears, if there are Akkuma agents within the Oracle Order... Right now, her list of who to trust is very little, hopefully a meeting with the Kazekage can solidify on who she can trust. But for now, she will take her leave.

(topic left unless stopped)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back