Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Let's foxtrot! [Mission]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was surprised to run into Akane-san again after such a time, he last remembered her being engaged to Hoshikata, but he was dead now, and no longer in the picture. He never had any issue with the arrangement, he speculated it was purely political, which was fine. The would be standing at a drink stand moments after their spar with his younger brother. He ordered three medium size drinks: a coffee, with loads of sugar and caramel creamer, another with light cream and sugar, and finally a peppermint tea; he would hand the twins their respective drinks, and began sipping his drink reminiscing, Do you remember that mission we did back in Kiri? The one with the merchants? How did it go again? He let the question linger a moment. He took a couple more sips of his coffee and allowed his memories to trail off.

It was a cool morning in the heart of Kirigakure; Akane-san had assigned an early morning mission, which she knew Kouin dispised the early morning. It was when he was the most vulnerable, the least alert; the world seemed harder to focus on in the early morning, as if there was jsut huge big glare in the sky that was called the "Sun". He sat dazed on the side of bed, reluctent to even move, but duty calls, and he wasn't one to miss work. A loud yawn erupted from his mouth as he begun to stand up slowly. His wake up regime consisted of stretching out his aching muscles, and then swearing the sun out of the sky. Whoever invented mornings needs to be fired, he's a dick...

He tore away his sleeping attire and opened his closet door. In vast quantity, an array of suit pieces all neatly hung in his closet stood before him. His attire consisted of a simple, pressed white dress shirt with a black jacket, pant and tie. He took his work professionally and adopted a professional appearence. He let out a final yawn, grabbed his thin spectatcles for the night stand, and made way out the door.

He had left slightly a little earlier than he had initially planned; it being morning he had to acclimate faster that usual, which required the purchase of liquid gold, also known as coffee. The devils water had enough force to get even the slouchiest of shinobi kicking into high gear. He thought back to the day before, I did see Akane-san taking time to bring me some things from requistions... As he approached the coffee stand, he tried to recall how Akane would like her coffee; he would order his with three cream and three sugar, and the other however Akane would like hers.

After a short walk he would eventually reach the sleek Anbu HQ, the sentries nodded to him as he walked through the doors. He approached the reception desk with a look of grog and dread on his face; he placed the coffee on the counter and calmly signed the entry log, Has Shoukyou-san shown up yet? He sighed as the receptionist nodded no, Ugh, I just want this day to end; the faster we can start the mission, the faster I can go back home and sleep..

Without wasting time he grabbed the two cups and began to make his way to her office, hopefully she wouldn't have him be waiting too long. He took a seat outside her door, and with a look of dread and early morning despair, he begun sipping his coffee slowly and allowed his apathy for the morning to ooze from him like a waterfall.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To think they would meet Kouin again. And under such... unfavorable circumstances too. Akane is absolutely mortified though one won’t be able to tell at a glance. Akihiko alone, much to his dismay, could feel how out of sorts his twin was at this little reunion. To hear her thoughts about being anywhere else but here, about making Kouin forget he saw them.

They could not feel fear. But shame is fair game.

Kouin had yet to really comment about their current state. Even their own family had words about what happened to them. But this guy? This guy just took one look at them, right after their battle with his little brother, and invited them to drinks. As if seeing two people after who knows how long, only to find them joined from shoulder to hip is a normal occurrence.

But it’s not like they could just bail out now that they’ve accepted his invitation and when he’d already ordered their drinks! That’d just be plain rude. And they’d both be lying if they said they were unhappy to see the guy.

It’s just... complicated.

Akane took her drink as well, deeply breathing in the soothing aroma of the peppermint. A poor attempt at calming herself down. Though, at the very least, she still managed to keep her calm mask on. “You didn’t have to pay for us, you know. But thank you, Kouin-san.”

She was mortified.

Akihiko, on the other hand, is fucking thrilled. The way he acted now is a far cry from his rather hostile treatment of their fellow countrymen out in the field. Then again, the two were in a fight and Akane basically begged for him to play nice. That, and the man had coffee for him! He saw that a good reason as any to be civil.

K, my man! You still remember how I like my coffee! I knew there was a reason I liked you!” Akihiko said with a grin, a finger gun and a wink before snatching his cup of liquid sugar disguised as coffee from the other man. “Course I remember that mission. That was one hell of a ride.”

Oh, but this does take him back. The drink certainly helps. Kouin had brought him the same beverage then too. The drink he always ordered back at a Mist Cafe the baristas had called Diabetes in a Cup considering it was nine parts sugar and cream and one part actual coffee. They had thought it was a disgrace to actual, proper coffee... but, hey, the Shoukyou tipped really, really well. Not just with money either.

Taking a sip of his sugar sludge, the man closed his eyes and sighed in delight. Just in time for him to not see the pointed glare Akane was throwing his way.

He could remember it like it was yesterday (and wasn’t that a cliche way to phrase it?).

Akane’s ANBU squadron was tasked to infiltrate a gathering of merchants to investigate strange rumors.

And by Akane’s squadron, they had meant her and Kouin, for every other ANBU who came under her command always gave up and asked to be transferred to another squad eventually. Most were unable to handle her harsh and, at times, rather disturbing regime. Many too did not like that they were serving under the leadership of a young girl, for she had been the youngest Captain in recorded Kirigakure history, acquiring the title at fourteen. They still had yet to replace the last ones who quit in order to give her a full four man team but she hardly cared.

And by Akane, this meant Akihiko, since he had pleaded a turn at being the ANBU twin and Akane had no desire to wake up at four in the goddamn morning unless it was a life-or-death situation. He was always the chipper of the two during breakfast whereas Akane thrived during the nighttime.

She trusted her twin brother enough to let him handle it until such time they trade places once more.

So, unbeknownst to Kouin and just about everyone else in the ANBU HQ, it was Captain Shoukyou Akihiko who was reporting for duty.

Already, he was seated behind Akane’s desk, one leg crossed over the other and files in hand. That wasn’t a strange sight, no. What was strange was the fact that she was outside of her usual ANBU gear. In fact, what she was wearing is a far cry from her usual black blouse and slacks. All lace and silk, the Captain was garbed in a black dress that hugged her humble curves. A long slit ran over the left leg, exposing creamy white legs and black high heels. And, to top it all off, a black lace choker covered her throat with an intricate pattern that made the whole ensemble both classy and sensual.

“Well, you’re two minutes late. I’d punish you for such tardiness but I rather not ruin my dress just yet,” she hummed, her eyes still on the documents. It was only at the smell of coffee that she looked up, red eyes raking over her subordinates clothes approvingly. It was a quick thing though, as her gaze immediately lands on the caffeine paradise and gestures for him to place it on the table. “You’re dressed sharply too. That’s good. Saves me the trouble of having to force you into a suit. I assume you’ve seen some of the files for our mission today?”

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His body leaned up against the wall and took a careful sip of his drink; he smiled and waved his hand, What gentlemen would I be if I didn't buy you drinks? He would offer Akane a pleasant smile with a slight head tilt.There was a moment of awkward silence, he couldn't read into emotions, but he could sense that Akane wasn't too thrilled about how they were meeting. He had noticed that the twins were now... Conjoined, but that wasn't really a concern. He too had multiple bodies, yet not conjoined, but Kouin realized anything was possible in the shinobi world, so what should he let it rattle him?

Unbeknownst to them, or maybe they both had just chosen to forget, but they crossed in Kumo, yet neither made any distinction towards the other; he had heard later that she was engaged to Hoshikata, but with his untimely demise, she was now free and available. Well, he wouldn't say so much as "free", but no longer taken. The deep breath, subtle sigh and tense nerves were all evident facts to him, without thought he reflexively brushed part of Akane's hair behind her ear and smiled, Like always Akane-chan, you worry too much, it doesn't bother me; trust me. He would smile and look into her eyes for a moment and continued sipping his coffee.

Taking in the fresh smell of coffee followed by the faint smell of peppermint brought back a myriad of memories, both good and bad; weird and convoluted, but most of all the smell reminded him of home. A brow raised, he wasn't sure how much Akane knew about that mission, but by the end of this mission, she would probably have a lot to say to him... Yea.. It started... Awkwardly, to say the least from hindsight.

His eyes were mere slits in the early morning daze, the internal struggle of keeping his mind awake was daunting; he could feel himself slowly drifting off to sleep right where he was sitting, One chidori.... Two chidori..... Three chidori.... Just as he was about to drift into dream land once more he heard the sounds of the door creaking open, and in time too. He took the final sip from his coffee, but what first caught his eyes took his breath away. At the foot of the door he could see high black heels makes waves forward, A....Akane-san..? He was speechless thus far. He watched in bated breath as he watched her walk into full view; the dress she was wearing accentuated all of her assests beautifully, it came at such a shocker that he nearly spat out his coffee.

Kouin had never seen his captain dress like this before, and neither has he been completely speechless over her appearance. His face was visible flustered and he was having trouble finding his words, but then he heard the bossy tone kick in and everything self-rebooted. Are you promising me a good time Shoukyou-san? He would look her up and down one last time, and couldn't help but let out a whistle, he didn't care for the repercussions; he can admit when a women looks ravishing.

She mentioned files....... Kouin crossed his arms and placed his index finger on his forehead. Thoughts pondered for a moment, and with a snap of his fingers, he had it. You and I are to infiltrate a high-class merchant party disguised as a couple. We are to be discreet, as per usual, and not leave trace that Kirigakure was there, as per usual. The mission seemed rather cut and dry, if there was more that he needed to know before it would've been in his folder. Aside from that, what is our objective?

His mind partially drifted away for a moment; he was still caught up on how exquiste his boss looked. The dress suited her figure well, hugging all the right curves and accentuating all the right angles, the contrast of her bright red eyes made the whole ensemble seem more bold and lavish. He could feel his heartbeat racing slightly faster, and his forehead getting hot. Kouin had always noticed Akane, but she was part of the prestigious Shoukyou Clan, and he was merely some person that just happened to work under her, and wasn't a total chump. Eyes drifted down once more, probably a few too many times; he would smack himself in the face a couple times, to regain his focus. I'm so sorry Shoukyou-san, it's just.... You look.... He paused for a moment. It suddenly dawned on him he had never actually talked to a women in a non-work related way...... Come on Kouin! You got this, it's just like a word or two, spit it out!

He sighed, his own mind was right, Gorgeous, you look gorgeous. He took a deep breath and attempted to regained his composure, yet he could still feel the steady thump of his heart beating way, but he had regained his grasp of his outward demeanor. Readjusting the tie around his neck and crossing his leg; he pondered if Akane ever had those similar thoughts... He shook his head, Probably not.. Do you know how to dance Shoukyou-san? If we are to be going under the guise of couple, and with it being a merchant party I predict we would need to dance in some form.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The twins doubt they’d forget their time in Kumo. But Akane didn’t think, and Akihiko agreed, that this isn’t exactly the time or place to bring up such things. They had pretended not to know Kouin then, for the elder twin had been engaged to the heir of the Isaki. To reveal their... relation, their past, would have caused problems. The Isaki had been a much more powerful clan than the Kaze and the union had been decided by the elders of both clans. To say otherwise would be to invite trouble and disgrace.

And if his sister had given up on the Kaze heir, then Akihiko had vowed at the time that so would he.

But Akane and Akihiko would never forget the boy, the man, they had worked alongside with. Especially not with how... caring he is. And how forward! Oh, Akane had forgotten how forward he is, to touch a maiden’s hair without invite or warning. It sent a flame to her pale cheeks, bringing some life to their current sickly image. It nearly has her coughing into her drink too though she recovers quick enough to maintain her image.

“Much like it did not worry you when I disappeared from the Corps?” Like this, that too had been karma, punishment, for the troubles they had caused. Though perhaps the question is a bit too cruel. Akane wouldn’t have known how Kouin felt when she was removed from the ranks by force and when she had retreated into the medical field to lick her wounded pride.

Akihiko knew as much and, in a strange way, chides his sister. Though he does it at the other man’s expense, hiding a laugh behind his hand. “Now, don’t be like that sissy. There must be some reason why K kept landing himself in the hospital when we- you weren’t Captain anymore.” Really, he had a lot to joke about his sister and Kouin, whichever way you slice it.

Are you promising me a good time, Shoukyou-san?

“I am, if you’re into pain, Kaze-san,” the Captain had hummed, one hand on her hip and the coffee held in the other, all with a smile on her lightly painted lips. All dolled up like this, flirting back came easily. And Akihiko is a natural at it, compared to his more tightly wound sister. It certainly doesn’t help that this ANBU was a handsome fellow, did it?

That had been another reason why Akihiko offered to take Akane’s place in the mission today. Though the two switched roles often enough, the brother rarely volunteered for the high profile missions. Such things, though manageable, were just too troublesome for him. He didn’t have a responsibility to the Corps, never really swore to the duty like Akane had, but he did have a responsibility to his sister. Though the girl was not one to gossip about things such as... crushes, she was hardly immune to them. And she had spoken of her subordinate in such an oddly favorable light that Akihiko thought it prudent to investigate just who exactly had caught his sister’s affections.

He’d never really taken notice of the four eyed brat under their charge in the times he acted as Captain. But now? It didn’t take an empath to see just how captivated Kouin was, seeing Akane as a woman rather than a warrior. The nervous gesture with his tie and with how he crossed his leg, it spoke just as loudly as the desire that started to reek from him.

Akihiko had to fight the urge to just do wicked things to him. Just thinking of the betrayed and hurt look Akane would have was enough to make him focus. Stealing dates and breaking hearts was big brother Tatsuya’s job, after all. Though he can’t quite fight the blush on his cheeks and the wry smile on his lips at the compliment. Even if they were for his sister, the two nearly looked one and the same. “There are rumors of a weapon being developed. Nobody is quite sure what it is or why it’s being made. Though the village council are worried that it may be used to try and overthrow the shinobi clans of Mist,” the Captain dictates, glancing at her nails in fake interest just so she doesn’t start looking at Kouin in a... ah, suggestive manner.

“There’s been a change in plans, however. The one who has arranged this event is a great patron of the arts and the higher ups were only able to secure us invitations as... entertainers. Dancing, among other things, is going to be expected from us though we will just be one of the many beautiful youth they’ve hired for the affair,” she reveals this part of the mission with a small grin. The professional facade gives way to a sultry and alluring expression. She discards her cup of coffee and takes a step towards Kouin when a high heeled foot finds it way on to the chair next to the other ANBU, the slit of her dress making it so that creamy, white skin was far too close to Kouin. No doubt he can detect the scent of her perfume, Black Opium, this close. “And of course, Kaze-san, I know how to dance. It’s the least we can learn, as proud members of our clans, don’t you think?”

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He wasn't upset with their pursuit in the political wedding, it was a tradition that many families practiced. His father was an immigrant who fled from Kumogakure the moment he caught word of Kouin's birth. So his clan didn't have much power behind it, but what they did provide was a clan that would give birth to skilled anbu operatives, who's dedication to the shadow arts was only matched by the most highly devoted. Though that secured him a place well regarded in the corp, but wasn't enough to win over the Shoukyou clan, and that was a fact he had to live with at the time, but a new time has arisen, a time of hope.

His father taught him that if you wanted to impress a lady you had to be as compassionate as you are protective; you have to be as caring as you were forward. He released a stressed sigh when she asked the question. He could feel a weight build-up in the back of his throat, one who was usually so freely able to speak his mind, was no suddenly lost of words. He tried to hide his evident sadness, but he knew it wouldn't do much good against the twins. He did worry. He worried on and off duty, his daily routine of seeing her endearing face suddenly ended, that was until he had to go to the hospital, and found out she was working there now.

He took a sip of his drink, and just as quickly spat it out at the comment Akihiko made, I.... uh.... um... Visibly flustered he turned his gaze away from the two for a moment in an attempt to let his red face settle. Deep breaths, deep breaths, that's what he kept telling himself; she wasn't his captain anymore, nor politically engaged, he had no reason to walk on eggshells around her. He wouldn't confirm or deny that he hurt himself sometimes to spend time with the twins on occasion; his face became shaded a bright rose color upon reminiscing about some of his self-inflicted injuries, It's not like you never stopped by the HQ to give me medicine or something.

“I am, if you’re into pain, Kaze-san,"

Again, he was speechless. Thump. Thump. Thump. The silence seemed to swell in the room like a balloon, the sound of his heartbeat rang in his ear like a drum. He quickly shook his head to rid the sudden daze he found himself in, why was this day so much different? Akane-san never said things of this nature, she would probably have reprimanded him, but then he never had the luxury of seeing his captain look so captivating. Anbu were trained to be stoic in times of stress and on missions, but where had all that training gone now? It was if it vanished from in this moment.

He was used to seeing her as a fighter, a comrade. Someone he can rely on to watch his back and back him up if aid was needed. Though in this moment, this exact frame in life, he was looking at her for what she was, a woman. At this moment she was everything she wanted; he recalled a saying, "The forbidden fruit was the most desired." It was a reflection of what you wanted, yet couldn't have. Could only help but stare from a distance. That exact thought pained him the most because he knew he was good enough.

To feign composure he uncrossed his legs and rested his arms on the chair. It didn't take someone with heightened sight to notice the slight rose tint shade Akane's cheeks, he felt he might have been too forward with his comment, but it appeared to well reciprocated; A weapon.... Shinobi themselves were powerful tools and walking weapons of mass destruction, but a weapon that rivals the power of them? That was something that had to be taken care of, for the prosperity of the village.

That would be a slight change in plans, but it wouldn't add anymore level of difficulty. In fact, it would possibly make infiltration slightly easier. I'm fine with entertainment; it would validate being in places guest normally would be. She approached him with almost a sultry walk; she propped her leg on the chair and was mere inches way from his leg, and other assortments. The titillating smell of her perfume brought his eyes into focus. Her almost vanilla leg was smooth and alluring. It took restraint to not simply reach right away. His senses were doing the foxtrot inside his head; as the scent of coffee beans left, he was left with the almost intoxicating aroma of jasmine and vanilla. Fuck it.

He took in a deep breathe of the fragrance. It was more intoxicating the second time, he could barely contain himself; in a brief instance, he had tossed aside his inhibitions and restraint. He laid his hand on her smooth, creamy leg. He would rub his hand up and down it gently. In his mind, this could've last minutes, hours, or even centuries, but soon reality clicked in, and it was positively mortified. I. Uh.... Um... He was stammering again. unsure of how to pull himself from this hole he dug himself into. He was speechless, he was done. I don't.... I don't know what came over me...

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been quite the thing indeed, to meet Kouin after she had been removed from the Corps. They had found out that she traded places with her brother on occasion and thought it a breach of security. Often, people who did this were disgraced. But, due to her high profile and what she had done for the division, they had let go of her quietly and dressed it up as an ordinary resignation.

It must have been after a mission when the ANBU was rushed into their operating theater. And Akane would always blame the incompetent ANBU Captain Kouin had been placed under after she was gone. But the man, then just a boy, had been critical. They could remember his blood everywhere...

And they could remember the numerous times that he’d visited the hospital after that. Sometimes with self-inflicted wounds, though they pretended not to know. “You know, a letter of invitation would have sufficed. The elders wouldn’t have minded too, seeing as you’re a clan heir and all! And sissy would accept any excuse to meet up,” Akihiko notes with a grin, earning him an ‘Akihiko!’ from his sister. Though he wasn’t quite finished yet. “What? It’s true. The both of you need to step up your fuckin’ game, sheesh. You’d both be dating and fuckin’ by now if you weren’t such prudes. Nine years, man. I should have a nephew or niece by now.”

Sighing, Akane rubbed her forehead before gesturing to Kouin to continue their little story. This merchant mission. Though she knew the outcome of it, Akihiko had never spared her the details.

And it really is quite the awkward story, considering Akihiko knew how much his sister had liked the guy.

It’s like time stood still and the only thing that kept Akihiko grounded in this situation was the beating of his heart. The feel of his hand on his leg was arousing. And his touch left fire on the Captain’s skin.

If this didn’t stop soon, they wouldn’t be leaving the office at all. And if what the merchant’s had was a real dangerous weapon and it led to the destruction of Kiri, it would be their fault. The end of a nation brought about by the fact that the two of them couldn’t keep it in their goddamn pants.

“Well, I can see that you have no shame. That’ll serve us well on this mission. Can’t have a blushing virgin on this mission as my partner, can I?” Akihiko said, managing a twitchy grin as he pulls away and walks to the door. Her hips sway all the way, until she stops to look back. “Time to move out, soldier. We have a mission to attend to.”

Walking out of the ANBU HQ was a strange ordeal.

The few who lingered stared and gaped as one of the deadliest and strictest ANBU Captains walked through the halls, all glammed up and pretty. Those who were old enough to know of her and her family’s reputation were disturbed, thinking this as a bad omen to come. The ignorant youth, well... many were smitten as the girl presented a lovely image and had a charming air about her. They forget what made her so fearful, why she was deserving of the codename Osore.

She paid them no heed, as Akihiko believed what his sister said about how most of the Corps were incompetent louts. And he’d never interact with any of them unless necessary. Even when all eyes were on him, his attention stayed with Kouin. Though in a much more professional manner.

“We’ll have two hours to board the SS Wakabamaru. That is where the party will be held. From then on, we’ll have another two to assimilate... make friends with the rest of the performers. The party itself will last thirty six hours, from twelve today until the following midnight. And the one who arranged this all is a man named Edo Chonin.”

Really, he and Kouin should just have adjourned at the port. But the higher ups insisted that they meet here, already in disguise, for security purposes. Security purposes his ass! They just wanted to see Akane suffer with these high heeled shoes.

“Any questions?”

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He could recall that first time he was rushed into the ER; his hand reflexively moved three inches away from his heart. It was the closest he experience he has had with death in his life, the thought alone was terrifying; his body let off an involuntary shudder. He could recall every moment when he was rushed into the ER, his assuring smile, their worried looks. He was sure the twins had placed more effort on him than they had on anyone else; he could feel it throb at the thought.

He bowed his head at the statement, he could've simply asked to come over but, but, their brother gave him an eerie feeling, Probably... But, Tatsuya gives me this... Eerie feeling, a dark emptiness, and I'm like 90% sure he would just give me death glares the whole time.... Though he couldn't help but smile when Akahiko confirmed Akane would've loved for me to have stopped by, but we were two distant families, on completely different social platforms. Though his next comment made him completely lose the beverage in his mouth.

It's true, they both were rather slow in everything, and her arranged marriage with Hoshikata didn't help as well, but would they already have had kids? What would have happened if she never got engaged to Hoshikata... What if it was him instead? Would the twins still be like this? I guess nine years is quite some time... His eyes locked with Akane's for a moment to gauge her own reaction. He wasn't quite sure how he felt about having kids, but he had to take care of his siblings since they left Kiri, his sister being the youngest. They all turned out relatively ok, but they only saw him as an older sibling and not actually a father figure, which made things difficult to discipline. Maybe..

The sensation that went through his mind and body as he let go of his inhibitions was exhilarating. Endorphins were running high as his hands were running gently and sensually, it was if all pent up sex drive was starting to leak out. He slowly began pecking small kisses down her leg while still taking in her intoxicating aroma. Time ironically seemed at a stand still, she was just letting him go on his way, but just how far would she let him go? Should he test his luck?

“Well, I can see that you have no shame. That’ll serve us well on this mission. Can’t have a blushing virgin on this mission as my partner, can I?”

Her voice rang into his ear fervently, which ripped him from his trance. I.. What. How did you know I was as v- That's when he realized, she didn't know; she was merely speculating, and he simply confirmed. Great. That would go over well later. Her twitchy grin sent a shiver down his spine, and the way she swaying her hips back and forth as she walked away, it was almost as if she was asking him to pounce, but they had a mission to accomplish.

He slid his hands into his pockets and exited through the office door, his gaze lazily lingered around the butt area, watching carefully as her hips swung back and forth, forth and back just like a metronome, and almost just as mesmerizing. He relinquished his gaze to scan the room; all the eyes were on the pair leaving. He could see the look of envy in the room as they were both leaving the building dressed sharper than most people needed to be, but oh, oh if only they knew the actions that almost transpired in that room. He could still feel himself being a little hot and bothered, but nothing a stoic demeanor wouldn't fix.

She began the detailing the schedule and specific time frame; the party would last for quite some time, and between the two of them they should be able to thwart whatever these merchants are hiding. Though, within those thirty-six hours they would have to find time to sleep. He locked the name of the party organizer away in his head.

Just one actually... He cleared his throat for a moment, About what happened back in your office. If she looked back at him, he would quickly divert his gaze for a moment and then shift back towards her, I'm not going to get reprimanded for this... I don't know what happened, it was like a wave of desire rushed over me...

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akihiko caught his little slip up and had to hide his lecherous grin. Though that faltered, if only for a moment. Was this guy the sort who saved himself for his future spouse? Maybe he was saving himself for Akane? How would either of them feel if he took his V-card? Whatever. He'd worry about it when they came to that. They were on a mission right now and not a smutty romp.

Out in the fresh Kirigakure air, the Captain looked back with a calculating gaze at her subordinate. “I'm sure I'll figure out proper punishment for your transgressions, Kouin-kun,” she whispered with a voice that held promise. Running a finger over his tie, she smirked before pulling away and beginning the sprint to the docks.

Though they'd been allotted two whole hours to board the Wakabamaru, it'd barely take them a fraction of the time to actually do so. Ten minutes in and they'll be on the vessel without breaking a sweat. The rest of the time could easily been used to inspect the rest of the luxury cruise and to prepare themselves for what will be a long two days.

The cruise was still sparse of guests with only a skeleton crew, caterers and party planners running about to prepare it for voyage. No doubt that the rest of the entertainers will arrive eventually. But, aside from the hustle and bustle of the seafarers and the sounds of the water, the vessel was quiet. The only one noteworthy of any attention among the current crowd was dark haired man standing at the helm of the ship. His lithe figure is clad in a striped dress shirt and a dark vest, a dark eyepatch with a rose on his right eye, and a mean look on his face. Though he looked civilian enough, there was the quiet thrum of chakra that came from him. Unless one was a shinobi themselves, he could easily pass off as just another traveling merchant.

“Edo Chonin, our patron,” Akane fills in easily enough though she makes no move to approach the merchant. “You can see why they sent us in, can't you?” the woman laughed, making her words as vague as possible. Though she meant ANBU, anyone eavesdropping could easily assume that she speaks of them, young and beautiful entertainers to keep the young merchant and his guests happy.

And wasn't that something? One would imagine that a rich merchant, patron of the arts who would so openly hire entertainment would be some rich, fat, balding white man who had less sense than he had money. But, here was this guy, young with a face that could easily woo any woman. And the aura of power tightly held.

“What do you think? He's cute, isn't he?”

He's danger.

But they had to watch what they said. They're here as young beauties for hire and not as dangerous killers.

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths

He could feel the final moments of his career begin to flash in front of him. He would be removed from the corp and be forced to join the Main Branch, and do even more unenthusiastic paperwork, and occasional mission, but nothing to the extent of the corp; his father would put him up for adoption for being a failure. How could he even let himself even lose so much control? His usual calm and cool demeanor was shattered in one fell swoop, unraveling everything he had been working towards in a blink of an eye. He literally wanted to die, why couldn't she just kill him? What did she have up her sleeve?

The air was always chill and fresh in Kiri; the cool air nipped at his burning face. He knew that look in her eyes the moment she stopped and turned her gaze to him. He gulped in freight or in anticipation, he couldn't be too sure, but even in the cool air he could feel his face turn red. It's like she knew exactly how get a man going; the sultry whisper, the running a finger down his tie and chest area, before pulling away into a sprint, What circle of hell is this girl from... A shiver shot down his back as he watched her take off away from him as her perfume lingered on him for a moment.

The amount of time they gave us to board was ridiculous, what they were given a maximum of two hours, was settled in only mere moments. The deck was sparse, but he took the moment to take in the entire floor into his sights. The only sight that stuck out to him was the dapper appearence of the rose-eye patch individual at the helm. He didn't need Akane to confirm the identity; when in this line of work, the art of deduction comes naturally. He gave off an eerie aura of power, one that a normal civilian wouldn't exude. He knew immediately that this wouldn't be something that was cut and dry.

Seems like an interesting individual.. He would begin catalouging rough estimates of his figure, from approximate height, weight, and eye color. He chuckled along with Akane, A man of such importance deserves only the most skilled performers. He knew just from the look of the man that this wasn't something that could be handled normally; it would require the light touch of the anbu corp. He sighed, it would be easier to move around discreetly if their were more people already boarded, but they were early, which would mean they had to halt any heavy investigation as of now.

The looks of the patron were of a surprise to him. From stories he's read about successful merchants, he expected a stout, gluttonous figure, but he was the exact opposite. His body was thin, and his face was sharp with a smile that could kill probably, but he could see behind the facade, behind the deceit. They were trained to see through false identities like his, he wasn't fooling either of them.

“What do you think? He's cute, isn't he?”

The man was danger, but he was often close to danger; his eyes drifted towards Akane, a different kind of danger. He could never fairly assess a mans attractiveness. Though he knew a simple way. Akane's brother, Akihiko looked identical to Akane just about. Even had the same smell that was intoxicating.

I suppose, but you brother is more preferable in my taste.

Had to get brownie points with her brother some how. Didn't want to wake up one night and find a knife placed on my throat. That would spell bad news bears. He would give her romp light smack, and place his arm around her lower back to solidify the partner persona; to his knowledge they both entered this boat unarmed; with his field experience with Akane he knew they were both ninjutsu specialist, so no weapon was fine. Though one thing bothered him. If they could sense his "power level", wasn't their an off chance he could sense theirs? He would turn his back towards Chonin and lean into Akane's ear and whisper.

If we can sense his power, he might sense ours. We can't afford any slip ups.

Telling her this was redundant She wasn't stupid, nor was this her first rodeo, but if anything happened to her... He would've blamed himself every waking moment.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was another reason why Akihiko chose to take over this mission from his twin sister. Though Akane could do a convincing job of being sensual, sultry, she wasn't quite adept at it as he. It was far too easy for Akihiko to flutter his lashes and let lust shine through his hooded eyes. To whisper sweet nothings in someone's ear and promise them the world if they would only come for him.

She could pull it off, surely, when the situation called for it but she would avoid it if she could. The girl was more far removed from society than her brother, though it could be because she was more intelligent and more skilled in other ways. She was, admittedly, the more diplomatic one and could be depended on when Akihiko's friendly ways wouldn't suffice and her mind was all the more quick than his.

The two would be yin and yang, though neither was really black or white.

Gray and grey.

Yes, that would be it.

And if he wanted to see how Kouin reacted to her acting in such a way, he wouldn't quite admit it to his sister.

“Of course. Though I can't imagine he's all too pleased. He was trying to hire the Red Queen of Wonderland, Shoukyou Aika, for a performance. She's sent us to represent the Red Cards, in her stead,” the woman said, the corners of her eyes crinkling in mirth as she let's a cat-like grin on her face. It was their cousin who had found out about this possible coup, of the weapon, and it had been her to secure their invitations too. The woman was such a reliable little lamb, illegitimate child of the clan she may be, for the Mad Hatter and the Cheshire Cat. She would have to be rewarded when the mission is done.

The Captain catches Kouin's wrist, though her touch is light, the moment he slaps her romp and raises a brow at him. “Naughty boy,” she scolded with no heat before she let go and allows him this touch. They were supposed to be partners, after all. But he stops himself from reciprocating the gesture, just to give him some attitude in return. “You're with me but you think of my brother. I'm hurt.”

“Can't you be the least bit professional?” she scoffed in admonishment at his warning. She still sticks to speaking in vague terms, in riddles. “This isn't my first performance, you know? Don't you get cold feet now or I'll have to dance on my own.” And it shouldn't be their first mission either. Even if they had chakra to sense, they'd have been taught how to mask it. Whereas the merchant, on the other hand, didn't and was making a poor attempt at it by trying to reel his aura in.

As they talk, the other performers and a few early guests have already started boarding the ship. It would be hard to discern which was which at first glance alone. Everyone was wearing black, from the ladies' dresses to the men's suits. A, literally, black tie event. But, soon enough, one can figure out the wealthy merchants whenever one saw a lady or two in their arm or when they started to split off from the pack to, most likely, look for their private accommodations. Performers, meanwhile, stuck together in small groups, chatting away happily with how excited they are to perform on a magnificent cruise ship. Men and women, all young, lithe bodies and beautiful faces, each one of them.

“So, what's the plan, my good sir? Want to mingle? Rub elbows with the rich and wealthy? Go with our peers?”

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He had tales of the silver-tongued Shoukyou members; their words were able to charm even the most stoic of people. He was by no means emotionless, but he took pride in his ability to remained reserved, yet never has he ever been so fervently teased and flustered. Never had he seen such a mischevious gleam from Akane's eyes, but today was different, it was like she was a different person. Would his emotions jeopardize the mission?

The Akane he always looked at longingly so closely, yet so distant; she was always so tact with her actions, never wasting a moment, always completing the next objective. He wasn't used to this side of her, it was different. He took in a deep breath, he had to control himself. He was waging a war behind his face and above his throat; he was hiding how he felt and was drowning out the words. He could hear the shadows scream that he was alone, but he refused to believe them.

Akane had given him a taste of the devil's fruit though, and it was highly addicting. Deep down he wanted her to push him further than she did when they were in the office.

Who knew the devil's fruit was so spicy?

Who knew?

He would've been disappointed with anyone that came from Kiri, but that was beside the point, Every queen needs an Ace up their slip, and we are her best. His demeanor remained tactful and calm, but his expression feigned jubilance. Neither of them knew exactly what was being planned; they were the aces in the hole after all. A quiet, tact duo, each complimenting others style. He would be sure to keep himself in a position wherein could see their patron without looking suspicious. He couldn't shake this nagging feeling that something was off about this entire party, something that neither of them knew about. But what?

As his hand traveled down he felt the swift grip of the captain snatch at his hand; his face simmered with embarrassment, but she obliges his romp tap and promptly scolds him. She scoffed at his comment about her brother, but he was merely saying which male looked better; give Akihiko a bit of a bust, and you have an exact copy of Akane. His left hand would grip lightly onto hers, he maneuvered himself behind her and reached to grab her left hand. He nuzzled his head onto her should, Shh, you're the only one I want to be with. He would place light kisses down her neck and shoulder, and a final on her hand

He let out a silent sigh, it was better to air on the side of caution. It's careless sentiments like those that turn simple infiltration missions into dangerous rescue and retrieval missions. But, she was the captain, and she did know better than most, he whispered into her ear, I just don't want anything to happen to you Chi-chan If what happened in the office was any indication of their dynamic, his heart started leaping bounds at thoughts of the dance; would either of them be able to contain themselves to avoid become exhibitionists?

That was a good question, what did they want to do.... It would make sense to have Akane handle the grubby merchants, but none of them even had the right to be in the same boat, much less immediate proximity, so that was out of the question. They were also stronger together, rather than separate... He ran two fingers down the bridge of his nose, Let's mingle with the other guest, Chi-chan.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kouin was right to suspect and be wary of their patron. Akihiko couldn’t put a pin on exactly what was wrong himself, his ability to fully read with their empathy not as refined as it would be years later, but it would be in their best interests not to let their guard down.

She ran her hand through her partner’s hair as he kissed at her neck. And then she pulled, grasping at dark strands, in a reprimanding gesture and lets go before anyone can notice the harsh action. “Not in public, love. You’re embarrassing me,” she hums. It’s more for Akihiko, than it is to actually save face. The boy had no shame. But it would be counterproductive to turn the ship’s deck into a bedroom floor. Thankfully, Kouin had thought to address him by Akane’s undercover name.

If being called Chi was good for anything, it was for turning him off real quick. It was a joke between the twins, in honor of that horrid woman Myou Chi. She was an old assignment of theirs, when Akane was still an ANBU-in-training and Akihiko was still a Medical intern. A kunoichi who could survive on blood and had a kink for pretty things... she had escaped from her ward and tried to spirit his twin sister to Snow to keep as her precious doll. They never did learn what happened to her after, did they?

But we digress... being called Chi reminded him of the mission. “Worried some rich, old man will steal me away from you? How...” Ridiculous. Nauseating. “Sweet. But, if you’re so worried, I guess we can look for some fun together. Come on then!”

Kouin is letting his feelings (lust is a feeling, ain’t it?) change his priorities. And, maybe, Akihiko was doing the same. If the real Akane could see either of them now, they’d both be dead meat honestly. Why did this mission have to be so long again?

It doesn’t take too long for the two to find their footing among the crowds. Nearly an hour and a half has passed since their arrival and the ship is preparing to leave port in the next few minutes. Guests who wished to find privacy have already done so and the entertainers are busy... well, entertaining those who remained. Conversation was a part of the skill set of any good performer. They don’t even have to take the approach, as merchant lord and ladies are eager to seek out pretty and shiny things they want for themselves.

Already, two older women in too many gaudy jewelry and glittery dresses have stalked the ANBU pair. They’re annoying but harmless, going by the lack of chakra and their clumsy, casual and civilian movement. The Captain knows she can break one of their limbs with the slightest of touch if she wanted to. And the thoughts let her suffer their cooing, as the both of them are treated like pretty puppies in a pet store.

“Isn’t she so pretty, darling? Your eyes are such a marvelous shade of green, sweetie. And you’re figure... oh, I remember when I was your age and looking that pretty.”

“I’ve been told I have my mother’s eyes, madam,” Akane laughs sweetly in response, a hand up to her mouth and a humble blush upon her cheeks. Her red eyes glint green to anyone that isn’t Kouin.

“Let’s not forget this handsome, young gentleman at your side. Is she your girlfriend, young man? I would scold you in letting her go around doing things like this. But, then again, we wouldn’t be seeing you two here now if that was the case, is it? It’s a good thing Chonin has such great tastes.”

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Her skin tasted sweet and invigorating, much like coffee; her perfume permeated his sinuses, taking him back to mere hours ago back in the office, but now wasn't a time where he could let these things get out hand. One major slips and boom, all the passengers die. No witnesses.

He could feel her gentle hands running through his chestnut hair; then a sudden pulled caused him a wince in shock. He could tell by the sound of her voice that she didn't really want him to stop, yet if he didn't the dance floor wouldn't be for dancing anymore. He would grab her hand from his head and use them both to brush a bit of her hair behind her ear. But tonight is so far away... He hummed silently into her ear. A good question to ask would be why send a tease and a masochist on the same mission together? That was a recipe for disaster.

He listened to the suspected worries, and a curled smile slid across his face, No, of course not. He cupped his hand around her ear, and whispered into it, I'm afraid I'll kill everyone that does. He pulled back a let out a soft, whimsical chuckle. He fancied the idea of mingling around, getting more accustomed to the lay of the land. He did his best work when he was lying to other people, not himself.

He wasn't sure why his desire and lust were so much more apparent; maybe the twin had some sort emotional amplification ability that wasn't known about. It was a mystery, and still was into the future. Why in gods name would they put a pent up, reserved individual go under the guise of a performer with his captain he was infatuated with, for thirty hours so less.

Being trained professional the assimilate into the crowd almost effortlessly. They were dressed to look shiny, approachable and pretty. Not that it took either of them any effort; the life of an anbu lies behind many faces. It didn't take long for the faint sound of jewelry dangling from their necks and wrist, they were already being stalked.

The pair turned to face the two older women. They were weak and powerless; they could crush them in a matter of seconds and within a blink of an eye. The sheer brutality in which their deaths could be inflicted gave him enough solace to steel his hands from impaling the poor womens hearts. So he smiled.

She had placed an illusion over her normally red eyes. Though, these women probably never knew what a figure like this was, never having to actually work a day in your life; having everything handed to you on a silver platter.

They would scold him so? He could feel his inner face cringing violently, Dont chidori the bitch.. She isn't worth it... Calm down... He took a silent breath, and smiled, The bills need to be paid, and my partner and I are graceful dancers. And if you find something beautiful, why wouldn't you want to show it off? If they couldn't get on as performers, they would've entered as wait staff, it was all too simple of an infiltration. We too are thankful for the patrons taste. He had to bite his tongue from going any further; luckily as if on queue, he could hear slowly crescendoing melody from a piano. Time for phase two.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akihiko would claim innocence, and rightfully so, on the matter of their Empathical nature. Though he and her sister are able to manipulate others, practically Charm them on a whim, he had done no such thing to Kouin. He hadn’t done any string pulling, hadn’t tried to alter his emotions. It did seems that there was no need to, with how apparent the others’ desire for his sister is. If the brother had anything to be guilty of, if anything at all, was the fact that his nature served as an echo chamber for his own emotions. And it would be because Akihiko had yet to master that certain aspect of their skill at this stage in their life rather than anything intentional on his part.

I mean, if this guy was ready to kill anyone for touching Akane, that certainly said a lot, didn’t it? “We need them alive, dearest. Let’s not cause an international trade scandal, shall we?” she had whispered in return, hiding the act by placing a kiss under his ear.

Thankfully, it seemed enough to keep him from killing the old ladies. For now.

The hags were saved by the bell too. Or, rather, by the crescendo of the piano as the dancers were called to the deck for the event’s opening act. Eight other pairs joined them and Akihiko pulled Kouin along so that they were in the center as they made three rows of three. They weren’t the only ones, of course, but she and Kouin would be the main attraction considering they were there on behalf of the Red Cards and of her majesty from Wonderland.

A Cheshire Cat like grin made its way onto Akihiko’s face, fitting considering what he was called in the Casino. Akihiko: the Cheshire Cat... and his sister: the Mad Hatter. Anyone who would dare call them Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum often got a knife in the throat for their trouble. Such ranks were far too inferior for the likes of them in the imaginary hierarchy.

But we digress.

Fancy undercover events such as these were always so trying on an ANBU’s patience with few exceptions like the female Shoukyou twin. Unfortunately, it is Akihiko playing on the field. And what better way for him to relieve some of the stress by acting so sinful and scandalous? They were to do the tango; what joy.

The crowd was abuzz too as they circled around the troupe, eager to see such beautiful youth do such a sinful dance. All eyes were on them, though now that they had his attention, Edo Chonin wouldn’t let his gaze leave Chi from where she stood behind Kouin, arm on his chest.

It was obvious he danced to this song before. Though, the other ANBU wouldn’t know now, he had dance the part of the male and was partnered with his sister. Not that it mattered; Akihiko was the twin who was more well versed with acts of the body. Any dance he did, he knew by heart whichever role he takes. Akane’s technique would be flawless, had she been in his place. But him, oh, he was beauty and grace and living art.

If Kouin was at least half the dancer he or his sister was, it would be quite the performance to see. They would move so close together at times, nearly becoming one, until they had to part with such bittersweet longing and heart racing promise. In dances like these, each movement had to be more passionate than the one before, until it all climaxes to end one grand display, all in tune with the melody of the music and with their partner’s body.

He knew where to leave his touch light and where to let them linger to leave fire on his partner’s skin. The way he moved his body, every step, twist and turn was made deliberate to catch the audience’s eyes. They glide across the floor gracefully, as if it is made of ice. Every smile, utterly angelic and yet sinful at the same time. Every near kiss, where their breaths would mingle, is teasing.

Eight other couples blurred around them, dancing the same dance to the same tune though none would ever match their intensity or their grandeur. And, eventually, those eight others would leave the floor to let them alone dance for the crowd.

But halfway through their dance, much to the amusement of the crowd, someone steps up to butt in:

“May I have this dance?” Chonin smiles, head bowed and gloved hand held out.

And there is no hesitation as Chi takes his hand, to continue the dance with him.

Though it takes a much more different tone with the one she and Kouin had shared.

Whereas the two Mist ANBU had danced with such fiery passion, Chi and Chonin’s exchange was much more... cold, calculating. They both regarded each other as a predator would prey though Akihiko hid it a lot better than the merchant did. And her near kisses with the other man lingered much longer, lips drawing much closer than they ever did with Kouin.

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He found it quite humorous, 'cause and international incident'. As if. If he didn't leave anyone living or breathing there would be no witnesses, except them that could or would report anything in regards to the events; and they would most likely fabricate part of the report anyways.

As the crashing notes of the grand piano began to echo throughout the room, the dancers would begin to take to the floor. The tango was sometimes referred to as the lover's dance, but Akane and himself were far from that, but that didn't stop her from delivering tantalizing touches as the maneuvered across the dance floor. He had only heard this song once before now; though he was skilled a reflecting and predicting movements, so even though this was his first time dancing to the song he was able to reflect the male part of dance nearly flawlessly, but the predicting Akane's movements was slightly trickier. It appeared she was dancing to the song on instinct. This didn't cause him any problems, just required him to predict just a little more quickly.

He wasn't paying attention to the party goers, they weren't important, even though they all had their eyes on them, but that just drew unwanted attention to them that would make it more difficult to move around the ship. He only had one person kept in his reticles; his eyes stayed locked on Chonin the entire time; with every twist and turn, dip and bow he could see his gaze lingering on Chi, and he was sure he could feel his penetrating gaze. He had a nagging suspicion that he knew they didn't quite belong. Either they were too stylish, too precise, too something; the life of an anbu wasn't just tactful movements or clean cut kills, but it was also about knowing your opponent and letting them know as little about you as possible. That is why we develop personas.

They had reached the half way mark of the dance, and things were beginning to settle, he caught motion to his immediate left. It was Chonin sauntering towards them; he was prepared to strike the man dead, but he could see a look in Akane's eyes that told him that would be a really bad idea to kill him before they got any information. With a hesitant sigh, he relaxed his body and allowed his approach. He asked Chi for a dance; Kouin couldn't help but roll his eyes, No way she'll say ye- As if with no thought from her side she just takes his hand and goes off onto the dance floor. He could feel his eye start to twitch.

Never had he ever been so embarrassed before, his partner abandoned him for some schmuck of a host. He sauntered off of the dance floor, with no partner he would just be in the way and at risk of getting hit. He would push the crowd apart and slip through them. Even though he was clearly vexed by the sudden change of plan, and could feel the electrons in his body vibrate violently, this was a prime opportunity to snoop around the ship for some clues. He drifted away from the crowd's earshot and placed a finger to his miniature headset in his ear; Be careful out there, I'm going investigate some areas of the ship. He wouldn't expect a response, but nevertheless, he knew his message was received.

He would break off from the main floor and begin to look for an access hatch of some sort. After a few moments of searching he would find his desired; with any luck, this would lead him to the engine room, bad guys always kept stuff down in the engine room. He would quickly check his peripherals to see anyone coming, and when the coast was clear he would pry open the door and make his way down the stairs, shutting the door behind him. What awaited him below was a mystery.

Sorry for the long wait ;_;

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back