Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Let's Get Lucky [Open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It's five minutes later into the afternoon when Momoka lets out another exaggeratedly long sigh. She is sitting with her legs crossed on the tall stool behind the register. Her left arm is on the table, the palm of her hand pressed against her cheek as she stares out the front window. Impatience mars her features with her eyebrows slowly meeting in the middle of her face and her lips in a tight line. Her eyes stare disinterestedly at the movement beyond her glass panes, before lazily moving to the end of the room where a clock hangs from the wall. The seconds ticking by are the sounds her ears zero in on.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Momoka shakes her head and her frown deepens marginally. It's been six minutes past an hour since she started waiting for the new store clerk her cousin had hired for her (without her) and she's bored out of her mind. It's been a slow day, made more excruciating by the fact that she's been told to wait for someone who apparently decided they would rather not show up at all. Had she been informed of this person's change of plans, perhaps she would have closed shop for the day instead, because today didn't feel like a store managing day when she'd finally received some of the new seeds her uncle sent her from Tea.

She stuffs her right hand in one of her pockets and digs around for seeds she had on hand instead. She pulls out a throwing star and a roll of bandages before she finds what she's looking for. Sitting up a straighter, she takes one of the small plastic pots on the desk and buries the seeds on the soil. Chakra forms around her hands as she plants the seeds. Seconds later, a cluster of clovers spring from the earth and a satisfied look finally makes its way on Momoka's face. She pokes around the leaves gently and squeals when she finds a four-leafed clover amongst her sprouts.

"Something exciting to come through my door," she wishes quietly to herself, holding onto the clover with her eyes closed.

[MFT]

*Edits made: A word. Mistakenly referred to her cousin as her brother.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The door suddenly flung open as a youngish man, white hair, brown dirty robe, pushed his way in, stumbling over the doorway. Looking up, he would offer the shopkeeper a wide and sheepish smile as he tried to regain a measure of dignity.

“Um… your doors a bit stuck.”

The man, dressed in traditional Konoha shinobi attire, covered by an open brown robe covered in dirt, would stand there. A satchel crossed over his chest, a small puppet seemingly looking out from the top of it near his hip.

Migoya would turn and look around the shop, as if trying to find something specific. The reality was that this shop was new, and new shops meant new competition, or new opportunity. Either way, surveillance was in order.

“I heard there was a new shop opening here and I wanted to see it for myself!”
Migoya said excitedly as he turned to look at the shopkeeper. She was a beautiful woman with wide brown eyes, hair like the sea, holding onto… a four leaf clover. A small pot of clover sat on the counter next to her. Each of these bits of information found their way into Migoya’s mind.

“So – a general store huh? Cool! Do you also sell any plants? Im actually looking for some Chamomile seeds or seedlings – they tend to be hard to germinate around here, given the temperature. Oh – names Migoya, Miss…?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The soft tinkle of the bell on the door following the clunky footsteps of someone stumbling into the store has Momoka on her feet in seconds. She doesn't let go of the clover leaf, but her eyes do glance at them momentarily. If whoever grants wishes always acted so quickly, she probably should've wished for something else entirely. The man who enters the store makes a note of the door's failure to work as one, and she makes a small bow.

"My apologies, I'll get that fixed right away," she says, returning his smile with an equal shade of embarrassment, then asks, "How may I help you today?"

He doesn't seem to be someone she knew, although his wardrobe suggests they're in the same line of work. While shinobis often do bring excitement, shinobis at the flower shop, to Momoka at least, are often followed by Bad News, so his next response came as a relief in that it's mere curiosity that finds himself right there.

"A new shop?" Momoka repeats, confusion evident in her tone. She recalls spending the last couple of weeks away from home though, so perhaps she simply missed the news. Her face brightens up once she figures she's gotten an idea of why he came and starts to ask, "Oh, so are you looking to get them some congratulatory flowers?"

However, his response makes her rethink the conclusion she's drawn up—had he thought she's the one who just opened a new store?

She lets out a laugh as her complexion blooms into a bright red color. Perhaps her last mission had been a week too long (perhaps this is why Hiroki decided on a store clerk without her), and now she's got people wondering if they'd closed and gotten replaced by some new establishment altogether, "Well, we're not a general store. Plants are all we have, actually. Specifically flowers, though I do have some herbs too," she answers him, her laughter dying down to an awkward chuckle.

"Momoka," she finishes for him, offering him a bright smile that's an unspoken 'nice to meet you'. She heads towards the counter once more, pausing briefly before entering the doorway that led to the back, "We've got a couple of chamomile seeds. They're better suited for the outdoors though, so I don't grow them unless requested. Is there a specific variety you were looking for?" Her mind goes to through the latest inventory she remembers. Common Chamomile varieties are often used similarly and their differences are mostly between their appearances. Unless he's looking to grow some for decorative purposes, she should have him covered.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was not Momoka's lucky day, for she had probably the most annoying person in her shop. Someone... enthusiastic.

Migoya seemed taken aback at the laughter, his pale features turning slightly red.

“Sorry - I saw the bandages and.. Oh, you must be a medical ninja! How exciting! Im guessing that your speciality is botany, Momoka-san. I love botany.”, Migoya said with excitement, quickly changing from embarrassed to annoyingly enthusiastic. It was clear he wasnt really listening to the lovely lady - he actually was but that was another story.

“I particularly enjoy lilacs - difficult to get though!” He muttered, running a dirty hand through his mop of white hair, adding to the dirt. Momoka asked about what specific breed of Chamomile was needed, which drew Migoya’s fleeting attention.

"Err what was I talking about… Yes Chamomile - well especially Roman Chamomile. I'm trying to create a poultice for some friends who are travelling to Sunagakure, and, well, I heard they are in the middle of a desert. As such some sun screen is in order, and I found a neat book that shows you how to make it from Roman Chamomile. I couldn't find any myself, but if you had some that would be great! Err.. Im looking for the plant, but seeds will do.”

Migoya would rub his dirty hands onto his equally dirty robe as he continued to look around the store, gaping and gawking at the various types of flowers.

“I wonder… do you sell any Abrus precatorius? Its an intriguing little plant Id like to learn more about. Or some Banisteriopsis caapi? How do you get some of your plants? Do you have a nursery? I enjoy nurseries. I used to have one, but it was… I particularly want to get some plants native to the lands of Cloud if you have some.”

Migoya turned to face the mednin with a smile.

“And trees? Are you able to obtain trees? Sandlewood perhaps, or Black Oak? I mean, people around here keep cutting them down but if I got a steady supply… oh I should let you answer huh”,
he said sheepishly. Yes - he was one of those annoying people who you just didn't want to be around for some reason.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momoka lets out a soft 'ahhh' when she's told where the confusion arose. She looks at the mess left on the counter—an assortment of garden tools and equipment her apron should by no means be able to contain but did anyway, and hurriedly tidies it up.

"Not exactly," she says in response to his guess about specializing in botany, "I mean, I guess I do sort of specialize in botany, but that's not my primary focus as a medic," The unsaid yet, Momoka keeps to herself.

For some reason, that at the moment is undeterminable, Migoya's excitement seemingly multiplies. Exponentially, almost, that the most Momoka could do, aside from try to keep up, is stare. She takes note of his appearance: not so unhygienic, but certainly some level of scruffy. Dirt trails from his hand when he runs it through his already dirty hair. The action stirs up a feeling of déjà vu. At some point, she looses him in her reverie, along with the count of the topics he blazes through. He sounds like a windmill being blown by high winds.

"Okay, you're talking like a hurricane to me. Slow down a little," she says once he lets her get a breath in. She puts a hand up, showing him the palm and all her fingers out.

"Abrus precatorius seeds are toxic, but yes, I can sell you the plant. And the Banisteriopsis caapi too," She closes her pinky finger.

"However, those seeds, of native Cloud plants, and of trees aren't on hand. You'll have to come back next week," Next, her ring finger.

"I get seeds from my uncle who travels the world for them. We have a number of nurseries back home, but I don't have much use for it here," She closes her ring finger.

When her index finger and thumb are all that remain sticking out, she twists her wrist so that it looks like a checkmark from her point of view, "Did I get all that? I'm pretty sure I missed a few points. You seem to be quite... spirited," The way the last word rolls off of her tongue implies that there's stronger words to use. It's been a while since she has the chance to talk about plants at length though, so the fascination isn't unwanted.

If she actually gets to talk, that is.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The woman seemed... disconcerted - off-put. Good. Most people became steadily uncomfortable around the strange, but this woman seemed more professional than most. Perhaps a little push... perhaps not. She seemed somewhat evasive when Migoya brought up the topic of her being a botanist...

"Really? What is your specialty? I used to work in palliative care, but it was so... sad", Migoya said slowly, clearly moved by the mention of his former 'job'. An act as usual. He actually loathed it for the most part - seeing people he began to care for waste away. He quickly turned the topic back to the poisonous and hallucinogenic seeds and plants he had requested - again as a test.

"Yes they are! Exciting isnt it! An old friend told me to intertwine them with other plants so that if animals eat your plants, they err.. learn not to do it again!", Migoya said cheerily. So... she does know what she is talking about... good. "Ill take both of them, seeds as well, please!"

Migoya watched intently and quietly (thank goodness) as Momoka mentally and fingerly counted off his requests. A sound mind... helpful. She said that the plants from Cloud would be in around a week away. "That wont be a problem! Id love to meet your uncle and pick his head - Im so jealous! What is his name? Imagine... oh. Sorry".

Spirited... that was a polite word... hehe. I like her - intelligent.

"Sorry. Most people don't understand plants. They don't understand what they can give, what they do give. I just get... err... enthused about them. Im sorry - I dont get to talk to people much", Migoya said, his cheery tone dropping to one of someone who was, well, lonely. A grubby hand reached into his knapsack, moving over what appeared to be a wooden puppet as he pulled out a small rectangular piece of cardboard.

"Please - here is my card. Should you obtain any rare or particularly interesting specimens I would be most obliged if you would contact one of my representatives." Migoya's voice hadnt changed so much as become... clearer. Less.. enthused.

The card was proffered - a strange black number with a white symbol, similar to a fountain pens nib inverted, with a large 'M'.

Myakashi Logistics. 666 White Oak Road, Konohagakure.

"Um... do you have anything particularly rare in stock at the moment? I'll leave you in peace if... well, sorry", he said clearly uncomfortable now.

[MFT]
WC 405

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momoka's head tilts a little when he mentions he used to work in the medical branch.

"You used to be a medic?" she wonders aloud. It's more of a revelation rather than an actual question directed towards him. She notes his sentiments regarding palliative care are probably what made him leave and decides not to pry further into it. Instead, she answers him, "Ah, I specialize in cardiology. Hearts are pretty straightforward, but they have a complexity I find really challenging to work with too," It's not the reason she began her medical career with, but it's why she continues on that path.

The way he responds to her warning about the toxic Abrus makes her realize it hadn't been necessary. Migoya seems like he already has experience with those plants, and her eyes widen at him a little. It isn't everyday she meets with someone who's articulate about garden plants, rarer still to come across someone eloquent with foreign horticulture. She gives him a nod, the impression that he's impressed her rather than annoyed her, and pulls out a piece of paper from the counter. She writes down the plants and seeds he requested before folding it up to keep in her shirt's front pocket. As he begins to ask about her uncle, she disappears into the back to get to his first request.

Left of the doorway is a cabinet reminiscent of the library's card catalogue that goes from floor to ceiling. It's also longer, following the corner of the room and bent to fill up that side of the wall too. Next to it are shelves with a number of pots ranging in size and material. On the right, an organizer is affixed to the top half of the wall and is home to more of the same gardening tools Momoka keeps in her pockets. The bottom half is covered by sacks of soils and fertilizers.

She picks out a large-sized pot with ample drainage holes and fills it with a loose potting mixture. When she hears him apologize, she looks back at him, "Oh, no, the enthusiasm's fine. And you should definitely meet my uncle! How about you drop by the farm sometime?" she offers, excitement building in her tone. The farm isn't far from the village itself, but Momoka rarely ever gets a chance to invite people over. And with blooming season coming up, it's definitely the perfect time to start.

"Keiju-oji doesn't come here often, but he'll be back home next weekend. He'll probably even be able to hold a much longer conversation about exotic plants than I could," her voice drifts from the back when she starts going through the cabinet and looking for the Roman chamomile seeds.

Once she finds them, she makes her way back to the counter and places the large pot on top. She sprinkles some of the seeds on the soil and buries them. When she pats the top to flatten it out, chakra seeps out of her fingers. In seconds, the fragrant scent of chamomile fills the room and the plant blooms from her hands. A satisfied grin is on her face as she dusts off the leftover soil that clung to her skin.

"Plants definitely have a lot to offer, and the possibilities of what we can do with it, it's exciting," she agrees with him, letting him know that the apology still isn't necessary, as she hands him the pot with a bright smile.

When he hands her a card, she takes it with a bow before reading the text. It's unfamiliar, but she nods nonetheless when he asks that she contact him.

"Something particularly rare?" Momoka puts a finger on her lips when she contemplates his next inquiry, barely registering his change in demeanor. She doesn't keep a lot of uncommon flowers in the back because of the mere fact that no one orders them, but she remembers keeping a few of her practice plants in some of the shelves at the far corner of the room so she steps out of the counter to carefully retrieve the large black pot hidden by healthy green foliage.

"Paris japonica," she says, showing off whorls of eight-stemmed leaves with white buds in the middle, "I've been trying to grow these for years now. Hopefully they'll bloom soon,"

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She posed a question about his previous rank as a medic. Damn… Im giving away too much

“A long time ago, yes. But the branch evolved and, well, I guess I wasn't interested in the politics of moving up, and they forgot about me. Oh well.”, Migoya said with a grin.

Noting the woman take down his order and leave to the back room, Migoya took the opportunity to scope out the plant store. It certainly was not new… a well-established business it was and he was annoyed he hadnt been here earlier. Few in Konoha knew of exotic species of plants and it was refreshing to find someone intelligent who actually knew what she was talking about. Any thoughts of… pressuring this business faded from his mind.

He walked over to one of the many pots, breathing in the strange but not unpleasant smell of compost and fertilizer. He recalled the simple joy of getting ones hands dirty, of watching something grow - a simple thing really in the scheme of things, but one that gave him a measure of joy. The normally paranoid and observant man breathed contently, and for once gave himself a moment of actual relaxation. This place is great…

It did not last long as Momoka returned with his plants, causing him to offer a rare genuine grin. She spoke of her uncle and of the farm where most of the flora was cultivated. At the mention of meeting her uncle, and of visiting her uncle, Migoya beamed. “That would be fantastic! I am sure he has much that he could teach me!”

But it was the shopkeepers next actions that caught Migoya short. Migoya’s eyes grew wide as Momoko used a strange, but familiar, jutsu, sending her chakra into the seeds to germinate them. That jutsu… how? Is she Senju? That would explain her understanding of botany..

Migoya leaned in for a closer look. “That… that jutsu. Its amazing! How did you come across that? I mean… thats great! I’d love to learn that!”. He looked up at Momoka with wide red eyes, genuine interest evident in them. That jutsu! How… That would solve so many transportation problems…

He snapped back out of his daydream when told about a rare plant, one Paris Japonica - something he had once read over around fifty years ago, and that had stuck in his mind… like everything seemed to do.

“Paris Japonica… hmm…wow! Isn't that a sub-artic plant? That would mean it needs a more acidic soil type, with more nutrients - and perhaps a better air flow. Id also move it into the sun more - they need humidity, but shade.... Rather difficult to get the balance right, Id bet”

Which is probably her problem… tricky.

A pale hand began to stroke his chin, a sure sign that Migoya was actually considering something.

“One of the old techniques I was shown was to use the carcass of a dead animal… a cat, a small dog - rodents. Yeah it sounds disgusting. Hollow it out, then fill it with soil and manure, and as the carcass rots it will enrich the soil. It tends to help out plants that have a difficult starting nature, as it gives them some extra oomph. So, put your seeds in it and plant it again. I suggest you plant it separately and outside, rather than in a pot. They tend to need airflow and space. Sunlight, but not direct… though my memory is a bit rusty - it’s a very rare plant! I cant believe you have some!”

His eyes now lit up and he felt 80 years younger.

“I myself have a few Kadupul Flowers - absolutely magnificent. The way they only bloom at night, and shrivel in the day… I sometimes think that if I were a plant… Id be a Kadupul…”

He gave a smile.

“What about you? What kind of flora would you be?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momoka positively glows when her work is admired. She watches Migoya examine the chamomile plant she just handed him and thinks about how people's surprised reaction towards her ability to accelerate plant growth never gets old.

"Let's just say it's a trade secret," she tells him, tapping the side of her nose for effect. When she received her grandfather's blessing to take over the store, one of her more brilliant marketing ideas had been to adopt a tagline advertising that Wakatsuchi Flowers only sold the freshest blooms and she made sure to show off that it isn't simply a claim when she's able to grow flowers right on the spot.

When he starts to talk about the Paris plant, her smile shifts into amusement. He's telling her things she already knows, and while the advice is appreciated, it's also unsolicited. She may not be a full time botanist, but she was raised by a family of green thumbs in the business of growing flowers who made sure plant studies was one of the things she learned from the get go. Considering a plant's needs from soil to sunlight is always the first step.

"Difficult, but not impossible. Like you said, it's all in getting the balance right," she responds, waiting to see what else he had to say when he starts to stroke his chin. While he gathers his thoughts, she returns the Paris plant back where she keeps it.

Migoya's next round of suggestions, however, sound a lot more patronizing he tells her to start all over again when her method has cultivated a bud on the verge of flowering. She lets out a faint snort before turning around to face him.

"Your knowledge of plant care is impressive, Migoya-san," she tells him with a tight smile, and although affronted, she means it sincerely, "However, you should realize that just because I can make a plant grow in seconds doesn't mean I can't grow them naturally,"

She makes her way back to the counter.

"A Epiphyllum oxypetalum? Now that's a rare plant. Would you be interested in paying with seeds for some of the ones you requested?" she asks. She remembers her uncle receiving the plant once as a gift and remembers its pleasant fragrance vividly. It would be nice to have them in their garden again.

"If I were a flower..." she trails off, considering a number that immediately sprang to mind. However, there's always been one in particular she feels best matches her personality the most, "I'd probably be a carnation. Quite the popular choice to express feelings of fascination and distinction, and those are two things I aspire to be,"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It would appear that his request for knowledge of that jutsu would not be fulfilled, and Migoya's face did not hide his disappointment. “Understandable, Momoka-san. Such a rare talent indeed, and one that I am sure is very useful".

He picked up the snort of derision - clearly he had caused a measure of offense. Pride... good. . Of course he could tell she knew what she was doing - the Paris Japonica was difficult to cultivate at the best of times, but she had been successful.

“I apologise if I caused offense, it was not my intention. I am just… used to being around people that don’t care about the intricacies of flora cultivation and care. I’ve even met Senju who could sprout trees but did not know their species!”, he added with a hint of sadness in his voice. Indeed, many of the shinobi of the village couldn't tell an Oak from an Alder, and most didn’t even care. But the uses… all of their tools, poisons etc… so many uses.

Moving to the counter to take the plants he had requested, Migoya pulled out the necessary money to pay just as Momoka offered payment in the form of his beloved plants’ seeds.

“Payment? Oh no - for you I will have them delivered as a gift! It is quite rare to meet someone as enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Botany as you, and I know that those seeds will thrive under your care. I am sure you know how to take care of them.” he said kindly.

“Just don’t sell them to everyone now,” he chuckled. “Things that are unique are valuable, and valuable because they are unique”.Just like people

Taking the plants into his hands, Migoya once again looked as if he was deep in thought.

“I’m not sure if you are interested, but I am currently trying to work out some trade deals with other villages, now we are at peace. I am sure that they would love some of your plants, and in return you could obtain some of theirs. Of course your Uncle or yourself are welcome to help establish these trade opportunities - my Clan is interested primarily in the trade establishment itself, and quality goods will attract a wider customer base. And if your business thrives because of it, all the better”, Migoya said with a devilish grin.

Placing the delicate plants and seeds carefully into his knapsack, moving Mikki to the side, Migoya turned to start to walk out of the door but stopped, turning to look upon Momoka.

“Thank you for the wonderful plants Momoka-san. Truly you are gifted - and fascinating and distinct. A veritable carnation amidst daisies. I look forward to meeting you and your uncle on your farm in the not-to-distant future. Please think about my offer - you have my card.”

His voice had changed… seemingly more confident and direct, as if he had switched ‘faces’ for a split second. Another test perhaps? Indeed, dealing with the Myakashi clan had its distinct benefits after all, and they wouldn't help just anyone.

His hand pushed open the door, and he smiled to himself as he left.

A carnation indeed…

[Topic Left]
[OOC: A genuine pleasure to RP with you Momoka! Hope to do so again soon!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momoka responds with a lazy wave of her hand. She appreciates the apology and understands from his earlier intensity to the doleful tone of his voice now that he means it. It isn't that big of a deal—Migoya hasn't been the first person who's made her feel like they knew better than she did, and she's certain he isn't going to be the last. It doesn't do her any favors if she allows interactions like that get under her skin every time.

Merely acquiescing to her request had been all Momoka looked forward to, but to receive the remarkable Epiphyllum as a gift instead came as a pleasant surprise. Her bright brown eyes are wide when she looks at him, her expression a mix of incredulity and gratitude.

"Of course," she nods, agreeing with his sole request of not including his plants in their inventory.

She takes his payment as he picks up the chamomile plant.

"That's quite ambitious of you," she replies. Momoka isn't sure what kind of influence Migoya held to be able to orchestrate something as grand as inter-village trade relations, and while she isn't a Big Picture type of person, she knows someone in such a position would definitely be a good business connection in her network. If not for his authority, then simply for the opportunities he extended, "But I'm sure Keiju-oji wouldn't be opposed to having better access to foreign greenery. I'll run the idea by him. Your support in such an endeavor is already of great help," she assures him.

She stores the yen in the register before watching him keep the chamomile plant in his bag, noting what seems to be a wooden marionette being moved aside with as much care as he handled his purchase. She makes a move to bow when he stands to leave, but hesitates when she feels his eyes back on her.

Crimson blooms on her cheeks when she raises her head just as he compliments her, and she nods her head when he reminds her to contact him soon.

"Thank you, Migoya-san," she manages not to stutter, "I'll be in touch soon,"

The bell chimes to signal his leave and she stares at the now closed door.

Her gaze falls onto the pot of clovers beside the register, the four-leafed one she plucked out right next to it.

"Well, that definitely qualifies as something exciting," she tells them, an unspoken well done lingering in the silence.

[MFT]

[Topic Left]

OOC: The pleasure was all mine!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back