Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Lets Talk ^_^ [req. ANBU sennin, Main Sennin, & Raikage]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let's Talk said:
29ps1sk.jpg

Rp said:
"Think they'll show?"

"I hope so. This talk is needed."

"Honestly brother, they might take this the wrong way."

"Having doubts? You're usually the positive one."

"well... It's not that."

"Don't worry. We got this."

"You're right."

The Prodigy brothers was already ready. Fully dressed, equipped, and moving towards their destination. The sun had just begun to rise over the mountains as rays of lights soared through the skies. The chilling weather seemed to never change, but something did need to change in the village. Rumors seeped through the streets from ear to ear, causing a mess of havoc among the people. Doubt filled the people's hearts as council was recently imprisoned and the ANBU sennin was taking over. Yeah, he was well know, but so was the councillors. What if he was just as corrupt as the people he threw out? Along with that, the people had no say so involving their "leader".

Doubt. It filled the hearts of many villagers. Making the village weak and vulnerable. In the end, it would only bring chaos. Being raised on the streets of the villages as orphans, the prodigy brothers knew the thoughts and the words of the common man. The brothers themselves even had their own doubts. Therefore, something had to be done. Two days ago, Several of Junkos feline contracts carried out several letters, requesting a meeting with the ANBU Sennin, Main branch sennin, and the Raikage himself. Surely, it would seem odd, but the brothers had their reasons.

Both of their senseis were gone and surprisingly they didn't aim to decimate the council and everyone dealing with the issue. Instead, they sought peace and justice. Entering the Torre Celeste, the prodigy brothers went straight towards the conference rooms after speaking to the receptionist at the front desk. Entering the room, Junko sighed as he took a seat on the far end of the rectangular table.

"Despite this room being cleaned thoroughly and redesigned, this is the same room which the battle had taken place. The location of Shin and Daisukes deaths."

"May they rest in peace. We will carry their torch and continue their legacy."

"Through peace and justice."

Topic Created/Entered

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He'd been requested to attend a meeting with a pair of shinobi. Junko he knew, the other he didn't.

No-one was at his side as he moved through the halls of the tower, and it still felt strange to him walking through them as the leader of the village rather than as a guard. Yet still this new position was similar to his old, just that now he also had himself to think about. As a Sennin he could give his life for the village, he'd already prepared his replacement, there wasn't a question in his mind that his life was expendable. As a Raikage... he no longer felt this to be the case. He still had to wait on the results from the investigation of course, but in the end if he was found to be in the right with what he did then he needed to survive to get the village back on track.

He was still a guardian in a way, his actions protected the village from bankruptcy, from famine, from all kinds of unseen issues, and each time a Raikage left, or died, the village suffered.

Reaching the room where the two who had called on him waited he drew a breath. What would they want, he had received many people from Kumogakure already, people who were concerned with his actions, doubting him. Even friends came to meet with him, Kushin and Koumyou both asking him if he was of sound mind. After speaking with them they simply left, nodding agreement, but only those without a critical mind would simply take his words as fact. He didn't have much more to tell people than the facts he had told them all through the announcement.

Breathing out he opened the doors to see two figures seated in the room.

It was the room where Shin had died, where Daisuke had died. Akira's one eye looked to the wall where he remembered the image of Shin's blood had been, then to the space on the floor where his body had lain. Then he stepped inside, his sight falling on the pair within the room.

Good afternoon. He said, his shoulders were back, he was standing to the full of his 6'11" height and massive frame, but he still wore the ragged clothes of an ANBU. A hooded cloak on his back, no sword in place, yet even without the giant blade none would think that the man before them was no threat. Everything about him made him a threat.

He found himself a seat, sitting on the right hand side of the table towards the opposite end that Junko sat, but not opposite. Akira didn't feel comfortable taking the seat of the Raikage just yet. He was acting Raikage, at least until the investigation was complete anyway.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nobuyuki sat in his office looking his schedule that Cho had set before him. She stood on the other side of the desk with a nervous expression on her face. "I recognize this name," started the sennin. "Remind me who Ishikawa Zaku is and why I have a meeting with him."

A look of relief seemed to wash over her. She actually knew the answer to this question. "Ishikawa-san is a jounin of the main branch who was involved with the late Mr. Isaki Hoshikata. I believe the story is that Isaki actually forced him to go missing somehow and used some kind of genjutsu to mix up his brain or something. He was on our rogue shinobi list for some time. That's probably where you recognize him from."

"Mix up his brain or something? Why the meeting?"

"He wants to join the branch. My guess is for the same reason as many of our agents; escaping a reputation that plagues him by wearing a mask. Being on the kill list might tarnish trust he once had before the whole event." she said, almost sounding like she knew what she was talking about. Her eyes darted from the ceiling to his face and back to the ceiling, checking on his reaction. Nobuyuki's expression remained unchanged.

There was a knock on the door. "Enter."

Cho looked curiously as a masked operative entered and delivered a message to the sennin. He took it in hand, opened it up, and read the contents. There was a small sigh as he stood up and prepared himself to leave. "Come Cho, we are requested at a meeting." he said in a almost bothered tone. As he left the room, one of his hands rose into the air and a mask materialized out of the shadows and he strapped it to his face. It's design was that of the yin and yang. The young blonde followed him and did the same, those hers was a more floral pattern.

Nobuyuki recognized the room they were about to entered and grimaced. "Couldn't have picked a different one?" he thought. Nevertheless, he entered, quickly followed by his secretary who was holding a few folders and stray pieces of papers. The man bowed to both the Raikage and the two bothers who were the ones to have summoned him here. He was still quite curious as to why they wanted the ANBU sennin there. Cho on the other hand gratefully set the small workload on the desk and quickly bowed before taking her position to the side of Nobuyuki, just a few inches behind him.

He had decided to stand. The last time a meeting such as this had been called, a Raikage and sennin died. He would not disadvantage himself by sitting, especially when he personally knew nothing of those who called the meeting. He had looked up their files, but a file can only tell you so much.

[Topic Entered with PC and NPC: Cho]
[Both are masked]​

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Coincidentally, Ayumu was in the midst of looking through the documents he'd been provided about the incident that resulted in the death of the Raikage, Medical Sennin, and others. He received the message over his intercom that he had been requested to meet with Junko and Aiko along with both the Raikage and the ANBU Sennin. The Medical Sennin was conspicuously missing from the collection of leaders requested, which led to some questions about what the meeting might be concerning. After all, Junko was a member of the Medical branch. Ayumu remembered him from the celebration for Daisuke's assumption of the seat of Medical Sennin. It had been such a fun evening and had evolved into an... interesting night and subsequent morning. Everyone seemed to be so happy for Daisuke and things looked very promising. Even more tragic, then, that his time as Sennin had been cut so short. Ayumu closed the file on his desk which sat upon a sealing scroll. Performing a few handseals, he placed his hands on the scroll and the file disappeared into the scroll with a puff of smoke. Rolling the scroll up he placed it in a pouch on his belt before pressing the intercom button on his desk.

"Let me know if both the Raikage and the ANBU Sennin are attending. I know they're both as busy as I am. I'll be surprised if we can all show up at once," Ayumu responded to the secretary. Indeed to his surprise, she responded back to let him know that they were, in fact, both attending. It never ceased to amaze Ayumu that it was so easy to organize a meeting with the Sennin and Raikage at a moment's notice. Regardless, it was that time again and he would attend as always. "Let me know when the ANBU Sennin enters the building and I'll head down to the conference room," he said, knowing the ANBU Sennin was likely at the Sileo. No point in heading out until he got to the tower, although thanks to the Sileo's network of secret paths it was no trouble to show up at the tower quickly. The secretary informed him of the room number and Ayumu's face twisted into a grimace. The number was fresh in his mind, that room which housed the scene of Shin and Daisuke's assassination. Junko was the coroner, to Ayumu's recollection, so the choice of room was probably not an accident. Did it have something to do with the topic of their meeting?

A while later upon hearing that Nobuyuki had arrived, Ayumu set out for the conference room. He arrived moments after Nobuyuki and slipped in the door, closing it behind himself upon noticing that everyone had already arrived. He spotted Akira already seated across from the two brothers and Nobuyuki along with one of his ANBU standing. Giving a nod to each of them, Ayumu briefly contemplated where to locate himself but soon shrugged and simply approached a seat one space apart from Akira. He removed both of his sheathed katanas from his belt and placed them on the corner of the table well within his reach before taking his seat and looking towards Junko expectantly. "Well Junko, why have you called us all here today? It must be pretty important to assemble the A-team," he asked with a smirk. It had been a while since he had attended one of these gatherings, they usually ended up being interesting.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let's Talk said:

Rp said:
In no time, one by one, the meetings participants had arrived. The man of the hour, akira Saito, was the first to arrive. Followed by the ANBU sennin and main branch sennin. Giving them a smile, the prodigy brothers nodded.

"Well Junko, why have you called us all here today? It must be pretty important to assemble the A-team,"

Observing them all, they all seemed to give off a feeling of peace. Good hearted men that did what they felt was necessary for the sake of the village. Except for the ANBU personnel, but maybe it was because this was Junkos first time meeting with the new sennin, or the fact that his mask blocked His emotional expressions. With Ayumus words, Junko couldn't help but laugh a bit. Looking towards Aiko, Junko nodded.

"The A-Team. I like that. Well, I'd like to start off by saying good afternoon. It's nice to see you all. Oh, and it's nice to finally meet our new ANBU sennin." Junko said noticing that he was the only one standing.

"You're all busy people and you definitely didn't come here to enjoy tea with us. So, I'll cut to the chase." Junko said with a sigh. His smile vanished as he paused. Looking around the room a bit, he spoke. "We're all sitting, aside from our sennin over their. In the tragic room where everything went down. Here, as you know. Is the place three shinobi of our village died. Along with that, this is the same place which our fellow comrades, betrayed our village." Junko said with another pause.

"Our senseis died that fellow day, but as shinobi. We can't let something like this cloud our judgement. Nor, can we let our emotions take over our actions. With that in mind, neither of us have drawn our weapons and sought for vengeance." Junko said taking his sheathed katana and placed it to the side. Meanwhile, Aiko did the same with his wooden katana.

"Peace and Justice. That's all we want. In fact, that's what everyone wants and strives for." Aiko said pitching in. "Starting with peace. Raikage-sama, you removed the darkness in our village by force. With that though, it has sparked something new. Doubt. So is peace really being achieved?"

"Citizens of kumogakure believed that council was perfect and was people they could depend on. One leader was killed, the other one bailed out, and our current one took control by force. They didn't even get to vote this time. How do they know that things won't be a repeat or you're just as bad?"

"Being raised as orphans or kids of the streets, we understand the common peoples views along with their pain. "

"they all knew that council were very powerful individuals, who's to say that they won't kill you despite your power? After all, shin was a powerful man as well."

"Now, for justice. Have justice really been served? Keiji managed to go missing, moving pass the gate guards. Harvesters have murdered ANBU personnel and went into hiding. Haruka has left as well. Ai is drawing nice pictures in the insanity ward. Council has been locked up I'm guessing. Finally, Kitsune is still walking freely as she pleases." Junko said shaking his head. "So I ask again, has justice truly been served and is peace really being achieved?" Junko said focused on the leaders.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira listened to their words, and much of it he agreed with, but again, like so many others he had to ask for patience.

Looking to Nobuyuki and Ayumu he caught their eyes letting them know he'd like to speak first and explain the situation from his perspective.

Doubt does exist within a number of people in Kumogakure, but that is why there is an investigation being run into the events. Ayumu was named Sennin by the previous Raikage, the one I have named a murderer, and Nobuyuki's expertise in internal investigations means that he is unlikely to show favour to me if he finds me to be in the wrong. Their investigation into my actions is not simply a narrow minded investigation. By looking into the events that have transpired over the past week or so they're going to need to look at the actions which took place in this room. Because of this they will be judging the actions of Haruka, Kitsune, Ai and Keiji as well and deciding what punishments they are deserving of for their actions, or inactions, if they are decided to be guilty of anything.

Then they will also be judging the Council, and making decisions on the punishments they should have based on the findings they have on their actions or inactions, if found guilty at all. Currently they are on house detention because I am not the one making the judgement and under permanent ANBU watch. They may have supporters who might attempt to murder me, but I have enough of a reputation for most of those to second guess that action.

He looked at Junko and then Aiko.

If the citizens of Kumogakure thought the council was "perfect", as you say, then they were fools. Anyone who knew anything about them knew they were far from perfect. However there is a difference between being capable of their duties despite their imperfections and betraying the village. If the investigation shows that indeed Haruka and Ai murdered the Raikage and Medical Sennin, if it then also shows that Keiji and Kitsune helped cover up the murder and did nothing to stop it, if it then shows that the Council actively went about organising the murder of ANBU to keep the truth from the people of Cloud, then they will be judged according to Kumogakurean law.

As for the justice you speak of, you cast judgement when judgement hasn't been proven, something I have aimed to avoid with my actions. The Harvesters have no evidence against them other than circumstance, it is once more over to Nobuyuki and Ayumu to decide whether a one hundred percent death rate amongst the ANBU sent out on missions with the Harvesters all within 24 hours following the death of Shin and Daisuke under Council order is enough to charge them. Then we need to decide on their sentence based on their receiving their orders first from the Council themselves and then from their leaders Keiji and Kitsune.

As Kumogakure was a military village to go AGAINST those orders would likely result in their deaths as traitors. Simply murdering Cloud shinobi was one thing, doing so under direct orders and likely being told that the ANBU they're killing were traitors themselves and needed to be killed before they could act on whatever they were going to act on was something completely different. The subtleties of this case seemed to be lost on the pair who had called them here, only too ready to request justice when Akira had clearly stated that justice would be served when the truth had been revealed by a third party (namely Nobuyuki and Ayumu).

Keiji is a missing ninja, and for that, and that alone, he is guilty at this time. Haruka too has gone as you have rightly said, however all that would have happened to her at this time in Cloud is home detention until the investigation was concluded, for she too is innocent until proven guilty. Ai is potentially a victim in this, but until the investigation is concluded we cannot do anything about him. Kitsune's crime is the least of them and she hasn't made any show of wanting to leave the village, she has shown her regret by speaking openly about what happened in the presence of you and I Junko as well as another.

When Nobuyuki and Ayumu have concluded their investigation they will make their suggestions to me on everyone involved.

This is fair justice.

He looked them each in the eye with a stern look.

Kumogakureans are used to not voting on their Raikage, that they voted on the previous one only for her to abandon her post after a few days shows them that perhaps that isn't the right way to decide on a Raikage. That she is being investigated for murdering Shin would confirm that fact for many people. I have made my position to the people of Kumogakure very clear, I will run the village until the conclusion of this investigation. If it is found that those who I have pushed out of power are guilty then I will remain and lead the village for a time until there is an obvious successor. If I am found guilty then I will suffer the consequences for my actions.

The people are not so short minded that they do not know who I am or what I have done for the village over three decades of service. That I led most of them into battle, that I have shed blood to save the lives of so many. There will be those who doubt, but there will be an equal number who trust. Shinbatsu came into the seat of Raikage by force, and he was greeted by people as a god. I have done the same, the difference is that I am subjecting myself to the judgement of my peers.

If I did not I too might have been greeted in my new position with confidence, but that would not be fair on those who I would have persecuted, and if they are innocent then I am no better than what I believe they are.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nobuyuki nodded his heads towards Junko as he began, recognizing his hello.

There was much to be said by the brothers, but it all boiled down to one phrase. "Peace and Justice." thought Nobuyuki. They weren't wrong. Nobuyuki agreed with them that justice had not been served. But these events that had occurred had not been kind to the system of justice that Nobuyuki had placed his trust in for so long. Still, Nobuyuki had his principles. He believed that he would be able to find some way for justice to prevail.

Thankfully, Akira had much to say in response to the boys. It would seem his intentions were to quell any more vigilante or premature justice that they might be thinking of. Saito too believed in the value of going by the book. He was giving both Ayumu and Nobuyuki the chance to check facts and information before making a decision on what to do.

This meant that the ANBU sennin didn't need to say much.

"Well said, Saito-sama. On the matter of Suzaku Keiji: I have plans regarding locating his position. But the nature of the harvester division in the medical branch, and the serious lack of oversight there within, has allowed him to use his operatives to cover his tracks rather well before they too disappeared. I would like to speak to you, sir, regarding that, but it can wait for another day. Apologies for the tangent." he concluded and looked to Ayumu for any words he had to contribute.​

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Thankfully, Junko was quick to cut to the chase and address why he had assembled the leadership. Aiko expressed concern that people of the village would have trouble trusting a Raikage who had taken the position by force, but as Akira said that was why he had tasked the two Sennin with conducting their own investigations to determine whether his actions had been warranted. It was also true, as Akira said, that the vote had turned out poorly and seemed to be a poor idea to begin with given the result. Hopefully the citizens of Kumogakure would see that and trust Akira as he had proven himself before. After all, he was probably in second place as far as that race went anyway. As far as the suggestion that Akira might be assassinated, well, that was a risk for any Raikage. Whether it was the disgruntled council or missing-nin with nothing better to do, Raikage always had targets on their back. If anything, Akira was one of the Raikage that had the least to worry about given his strength. Shin was strong, but Ayumu had little doubt that the new Raikage was even stronger. He also knew his enemy, which gave him an advantage that Shin hadn't had.

Akira had good answers to the majority of the brothers points which left Ayumu with little need to respond himself. Regardless, the conversation moved to the meat of the matter. Not surprisingly, considering what room the brothers had chosen to hold this meeting in, the subject was on what had happened in the infamous room. More specifically, it regarded those who were involved which explained why Kitsune hadn't been invited. Keiji and Haruka had fled probably realizing what was coming while it seemed that Ai was simply a madman used by the true masterminds. Meanwhile, Kitsune, who had helped to cover it up, was leading a branch as if she had nothing to do with it. The brothers sought justice for the fallen, which Ayumu understood. He, too, felt the desire for it within himself. When revelations were made to him, there was a part of him that wanted to draw his sword and lead a witch hunt. But it would have been without evidence. It was Akira's restraint, despite his friendship with Shin, that had stayed Ayumu's blade. Akira explained as much to the brothers, telling them that he would not bring down judgement until he himself had been exonerated and declared fit to judge. The onus fell to the investigators then, to conduct the investigations as quickly as possible so that justice could be decided.

Nobuyuki made a few comments regarding Keiji, who was the only one that could be freely judged immediately given his abandonment of the village. His connections with the harvester division had apparently given him the ability to make himself scarcer than your average missing-nin. The ANBU Sennin kept his comments brief and concluded by looking to Ayumu to give him the floor if he had anything to say on the matter. There wasn't much to say, however, so he figured he would simply wrap things up. "Well, there you have it. Justice can't very well be had until we can verify the facts, which we're working on. We'll need to speak to you at some point as well, Junko, given that you were the coroner in this case. Rest assured, we want justice, too... but it needs to be carried out with confidence that it is in fact justice," Ayumu said. Hopefully the brothers would be satisfied with that for now. That said, the investigation needed to get underway as soon as possible. It would probably be wise to cooperate with Nobuyuki to carry it out more quickly. Perhaps they could meet afterwards.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let's Talk said:

Rp said:
Listening to the Raikage, The prodigy brothers showed respect. As he talked, they were attentive, and analyzed his points closely. In the end, the brothers nodded in agreement. He was an individual of Justice, that's all that mattered to Junko. First Meeting the man before him, he was still the ANBU sennin and came to Junko to deliver Daisukes letter. Just as he did that day like the current day, he established a sense of trust. Which led Junko to give him his autopsy information inside his Reality void.

In their second meeting, he approached kitsune and easily squeezed information out of the old grandma. Revealing a whole new light on the entire situation. Looking back, nothing changed. The man still had Junkos respect and trust. With or without the title of Raikage.

Next, The ANBU sennin and the main branch sennin gave positive notes on their work, proving that they were striving for justices as well.

"You're right. Passing judgment on these individuals at this time isn't the correct thing to do. At this point, everyone's waiting for a judgement call, even you Raikage-sama. Lets look at why I've already judged some of the situations though gentlemen." Junko said clearing his throat before continuing. "First off, I agree that it will take a thorough investigation for the ANBU personnels deaths, but for the individuals in that room, it's a completely different story. Or at least how I see it. It all boils down to, did you assist in the deaths in any way, or did you stand by and watch." Junko said shaking his head.

"Raikage sir, you said That your two oldest and best living friends died that day, a genin died trying to help them while a medical captain and mednin stood by and let them die. Do you not think it should have been the other way around? Words that surely cut deep to me. If they assisted in the deaths, you're guilty. If you stood by and watched, you're just as guilty. At least that's how I took things. Why? Because the individual would've simply let it happen. In all honestly, if thats the case, you might as well say they murdered the individuals themselves. When did it become a choice to protect the Raikage as a shinobi?"

"It's an obligation correct?"

"Correct. Hell, no matter what branch you're in, we all know that. We've all trained to the point which that should be a natural second nature reaction right? If you haven't, you damn sure didn't get trained by a kumogakure shinobi." Junko said standing from the table in swiftness. Secretly pulling out a kunai, he aimed for the Raikage as he appeared behind him. The loud sound of a slam could be heard simultaneously. Junko was quickly handled by Aiko with urgency who had his brother pinned to the back wall. Aiko held the kunai to Junkos neck, piercing his neck by the second, focused on a single critical point at his brothers throat.

"Calm yourself brother..." Aiko said with his eternal mangekyo Sharingan set on Junko. Sure, he was an individual of peace, but this predicament out ruled that for the raikages protection.

"I... Rest my case." Junko said gasping for air as he submitted to his brother with a few taps. after being released, the medical chief looked at the faces of the fellow leaders. "A child Even fought.. A child. Shin may not have been a fighter himself, but he became Raikage and fought when it mattered. Despite his peaceful ways." Junko said finishing off by looking at Aiko. He was the closest thing resembling to shin to Junko, which truly meant a lot. returning to his seat holding his neck, Junko sat. hopefully, the A-team didn't get too heated.

".... Was I really going to kill him? My own brother? ..I just...reacted. I really was going to kill him. For... The Raikage." Aiko thought still calming down as he returned to his seat. Quietly, he observed his brother.

"Those who watched and kept quiet failed our Raikage, and failed in their duty as shinobi of Kumogakure. Same goes for any kumogakure attackers for their betrayal. My sensei apparently chose the successor of the medical branch. So I must ask, would you trust her or keiji to protect you Raikage-sama? Would either of them truly deserve the title of sennin or the responsibility of protecting a branch? Hell, would Haruka be worthy of the Raikage title? And would Ai really just be in the mental health facility? If I am wrong for thinking this way, tell me. If I am out of place, tell me. As Our Sennin, what do you two think of everything? Getting away from all the laws and paperwork, what do you actually think of everything?"
Junko said applying a medical ninjutsu to his neck as it throbbed in pain. A small cut could be seen as blood fell from the piercing attack.

Mft
WC:807
Edit: Included a bit more to Junkos words at the end. Added Haruka and Ai in the mix etc.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed everyone listened and it seemed that all agreed with Akira's words. He was uninterrupted as he addressed the issues faced with the boy's request and thus as he finished it seemed both Sennin had little to add. Nobuyuki was first and Akira's attention focused on him.

It seemed he was thinking about the Harvesters which had operated under Kushin. Akira hadn't been Sennin during Kushin's reign in the medical branch and with Kushin nothing could be underestimated. Akira would be able to help Nobuyuki out though as he had an idea on where Keiji might be, being the only person in the room who knew that Kushin was once more mobile and walking around in the world they knew. He was fairly sure that Keiji wouldn't be far away from trying to find him, even if he didn't know Kushin was out there.

Akira nodded silently accepting the request, they would talk about it. This was something the ANBU Sennin would need to know more about.

After Nobuyuki spoke Ayumu turned towards the brothers and reaffirmed what Akira had said. Akira watching him as he spoke and then to the brother to see their reaction.

As Junko replied Akira nodded as he mentioned that he was waiting for judgement as well. Akira wondered what it was that the other meant by why he's already judged some though. Perhaps something hadn't been explained properly, but still he could only listen for that would tell him what he had missed. Junko agreeing it would require an investigation for the ANBU deaths, those being focused on the Council and their guilt meant to Akira that Junko was fine with their judgement being delayed for now. So it had to do with those in the room during the murders.

It seemed that this was where Junko was confused. He had already decided what had happened in that room, that those who lived were all guilty by default. Although Akira was waiting on that to be decided as well. Akira too had decided their guilt, he nodded with Junko and had to look at the table as his jaw clenched and unclenched multiple times. The topic of Shin and Daisuke's death was one of the few things which truely got to Akira. During his twenties he'd been able to stand stone faced under anything, now in his older age, with the death of his closest friends and knowing that people who contributed to this death still walked free he had trouble. His brother chimed in saying it was an obligation.

Akira agreed with them, but still they had made one error with their thoughts. The events of that day were being judged as well. In Akira's scenario they stood by, certainly all evidence pointed towards that and Kitsune's word reinforced this fact. But still that needed to be decided by the Sennin in this room.

They continued and it seemed Junko's words were becoming heated. Akira looked at him suddenly and met the boys gaze as he stood then disappeared from view. Akira's reaction was as one of his blood would in that situation.

Aiko had intercepted his brother, but beside them almost simultaneously shattered Akira's chair. It had been sent flying directly backwards, where Junko would have been standing had he not been pulled away by his brother. Akira's byakugan clearly visible on his face as he stood like the Hyuuga he was. Ayumu was now to his left, weapon drawn and pointed towards where Junko and his brother stood. Nobuyuki was to the Raikage's right having stopped short to avoid the chair from hitting him on its path, but also due to Aiko's interception.

Understanding that this was just a show of the reactions that the act should cause he breathed out, his blood pumping through his veins as adrenaline remained in his system. There were much safer people to act like that around, three ANBU Sennin past and present was the last group where pretending to attack was advised.

Mentally calming himself as he stood there, Junko now released and the room all moving to more relaxed stances as all suffered from the same adrenaline rush that ensuing combat gave.

Akira shook his head as Junko asked questions to the three, the ones pointed at Akira couldn't be answered without the investigation being completed. To do so could affect the decisions of those running the investigation for they would take that information with them, and Akira wanted a neutral unbias result I understand your point Junko, however the actions which took place that day are not yet confirmed by the investigation and thus I cannot answer those questions.

Yes, for you and I who have both seen evidence of this, who have heard the words of Kitsune herself that this is what transpired, but the investigation will decide what happened. I cannot act on my own judgement at this time. What if I acted on my belief before the investigation? What if I had ordered Ai killed, executed by Raikage's orders only to have evidence brought to my attention a day later which shows that actually he defended the Raikage, that there may be brain scar tissue which show that he was being controlled by some genjutsu? I would have condemned an innocent man to death. The guilt of my actions against the Council compounded by a murder of my own. What happens then?

More than anyone else I want to see their murderers and anyone who conspired against them to meet with justice. But I want to make sure that it wasn't just my wanting there to be someone to blame that led me to ignore evidence stating anything otherwise. This is why I have two people who I and the village can trust to investigate this. I hope I'm right, but if I'm proved to be wrong then I don't want to have done something I would regret because I was wrong. I am not the right person to judge their actions for I am too emotionally affected by these deaths.

He leaned back against the table, the sense of relaxation coming flooding through him as the last of the adrenaline left his system. He looked to the Sennin to give their thoughts.

[EDIT: I've been told that Junko was asking the questions in a way which showed he actually wanted answers to them. So I've edited my post to answer them... and then simply clarified why I couldn't really answer them]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The meeting progressed until Junko decided to do something drastic to prove a point. Nobuyuki would have been at his superiors side if it hadn't been for the chair flying the air, impeding his path. He had half a mind to hit Junko with a physical imprisonment seal if it weren't for Saito who acted calm regarding the action. The ANBU sennin reminded himself that he came from a war like past where those types of things were probably common amongst headstrong shinobi.

Nobuyuki relaxed himself and regained his composure, checking to make sure Cho didn't faint or something of that sort. To his surprise, even she had a kunai drawn in her hand ready to attack. Though, he could tell it had put her on edge. Nobuyuki nodded his head towards her, signalling for her to put the weapon away and recover from the sudden stress.

Junko's words made it obvious that he was, perhaps, emotionally comprised by the situation and the inaction. He was looking for allies in the room, those who would side with him against the Raikage's caution and patience. "Maybe not... but someone to validate what he's feeling."

Akira did just that, at least, that was what Nobuyuki saw in his words. His eyes watched the young man tending to his wound from behind the mask. There was much he could say now that Saito had finished.

"I would say... those involved on that day would not have my trust anymore. Regardless of how the investigation turns out, innocent or guilty, I would exile them at the least; preferably execute them. Letting them live, or at least stay in the village makes the Raikage and Kumogakure look weak. It might very well incite more treachery amongst the ranks. You were there at the gates; our guards were paid off by the Yakuza and stood by while our fellow shinobi were attacked." he said whilst taking a few moments to breath. His tone turned sympathetic.

"You aren't alone in whatever sorrow you feel, Tsuyoshi-san. But you should listen to the Raikage. What can't make certain decisions until evidence supports such treachery. However," Nobuyuki paused, turning to look towards Saito. "It wouldn't be out of your power to request Shinrya-sama to take administrative leave, perhaps leaving--" he stopped, stepping to the desk and flipping open on of the folders. Nobuyuki smirked at the lack of options. One of which was of her own clan, and the other was in this very room. "Perhaps leaving another high ranking chief in charge until the investigations are completed? I don't believe that would be drastic. Of course, I trust your judgement Saito-sama. If you feel she is trustworthy, leave her be."

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu watched Junko as he spoke, observing the agitation in his voice even as he accepted that passing judgement right away wasn't the right thing to do. In fact, it was only some of those involved that he truly agreed they needed to wait to pass judgement on. Those who were allegedly in the room and either assisted in the assassination or stood by and did nothing, Junko wanted to be judged right away. Ayumu could see it and hear it in his voice, that despite what he said he was not at peace with what happened. He wanted vengeance, disguised under the thin veil of justice, even if he would not admit it. Ayumu understood the anger- Junko's sensei and the Raikage had both died in one day and the conspirators had tried to make it so that Junko and everyone would never really know what happened. It was enough to make one burn with rage as Ayumu did when he first heard what had happened from Saito. It just so happened that he was inclined to believe it was all true. But at the same time he had to make sure. He couldn't act without verifying it, which was what Junko failed to see.

The anger in Junko's voice steadily increased as he kept talking insisting that defending the Raikage should have been second nature for those two who had allegedly stood by and watched their leader die. As he suddenly shot up from his seat Ayumu's hands were on his blade in an instant. He was on his feet even more quickly as his chair fell backwards. Before the chair hit the ground his sword was drawn and he was by the Raikage's side. Junko suddenly appeared behind the Raikage. It was fortunate for the Med-nin Chief that his brother was quick to follow him and grab him. Had he been a moment too late, Junko would likely have found himself on the wrong end of a sword or even more likely had his clock cleaned by a flying chair. Only Saito's amazing chair attack had stopped the ANBU Sennin from taking out Junko himself. Ayumu's sword remained drawn and held in front of him even as the situation diffused itself. The amount of testosterone that filled the air at that moment was staggering.

Ayumu breathed a sigh as it became clear what Junko's motive had been with his little stunt. It had proven a point, yes, but the point wasn't really necessary. They all already knew that the natural reaction of a shinobi should have been to defend their leader. It wasn't something that needed to be proven, truthfully. The only one that was surprised by their own actions was Junko's brother who seemed bewildered that he had acted to defend the Raikage even against his own brother. Shaking his head in bewilderment Ayumu finally sheathed his sword and placed the sheath in the loop at his hip as Junko continued. It was clear what his motive was with this meeting. He wanted Kitsune to be removed from power not only when it was proven that she had involvement, but immediately. Again, Akira was first to respond, showing amazing restraint by not backhanding Junko while his brother held him down.

The Raikage simply repeated what he had said before, that he could not pass judgement until his actions were proven to be justified and he could be validated as a rightful Raikage with the power to make the decisions he wanted to make. He explained why he could not jump to action immediately. To do so without backing of others could very easily cause him to lose the village's confidence. He also wanted to be sure that he was right by having others come to their own conclusions. He looked to the Sennins to say their piece and the ANBU Sennin was surprisingly forthcoming. He was of the mind that those involved should be exiled or executed regardless of whether they were innocent. This struck Ayumu as oddly harsh if they actually proved to be innocent. Ayumu doubted that would happen, though. Still, the suggestion was telling about the kind of man Nobuyuki was to some extent. Fitting for the position of ANBU Sennin, probably. Whatever he was, he wasn't emotionless. He actually sounded sympathetic as he spoke to Junko, letting him known he wasn't alone in how he felt.

Nobuyuki quickly returned to business, however, making a suggestion to the Raikage. He proposed that the Raikage have Shinrya step down from her position for now and have one of the Med-nin chiefs take over in the meantime. It was an interesting suggestion to be sure. Ayumu ran his hand across his face as he considered the idea, leaving his own personal feelings out of it as best he could. "That... might be appropriate. From what has become public, there may be others in the Medical branch that feel like Junko does. Even if she is innocent, her leadership might not be trusted by those under her right now. It could lead to an incident," Ayumu said, considering the possibilities. He was only familiar with two Medical chiefs at present. Junko was one, of course, but then Kahako was as well. Kahako had been a chief for longer and had experience with leading her division, but her connection to Kitsune and that last name did her no favors. Ayumu, of course, knew the connection would not affect her leadership if she was chosen, but could others see that? Junko, on the other hand, was a fresh Med-nin chief who had just proven how brash he could be by attacking the Raikage in the presence of two Sennin to prove a point. But then, Ayumu also realized that there could be some bias given his relationship with Kahako. This was a complicated matter.

"Should the three of us perhaps discuss this in private?" Ayumu asked, looking to Akira and Nobuyuki. Unless the Raikage was firmly against it and didn't want to talk about it, it was going to take some thought and discussion. Discussion that might not be appropriate to have with one of the potential candidates present. Ayumu wondered if, at some level, Junko had wanted this. Could it be that he had hoped to maybe take the position for himself after convincing the Sennin that Kitsune should be removed from it? He tended to think not, as Junko's anger seemed pretty genuine.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let's Talk said:

Rp said:

Observing the A-team, they seemed to actually listen. Not listen just to listen, but to listen and understand. They didn't take the brothers as young knuckle heads, or just a pair with complaints, but bold individuals with a voice in the village. Respect was truly shown.

Listening to the Raikage, he made great points. Essential points that Junko and Aiko nodded on. He was right once again. Perhaps Junko was too quick to judge. In due time though, everything would come to the light. Ultimately Clearing the dark chaotic chaos seeping through the village streets.

Next, the ANBU Sennin spoke. His statement even seemed to get sympathetic. Maybe even empathetic as he related his own feelings by telling Junko that he wasn't alone. It seemed as if the ANBU Sennin understood Junko the most, but it was still undetermined due to his emotional expressions being hidden behind his mask. Surprisingly, he purposes an interesting scenario to the table involving the medical sennins position.

"That... might be appropriate. From what has become public, there may be others in the Medical branch that feel like Junko does. Even if she is innocent, her leadership might not be trusted by those under her right now. It could lead to an incident,"

"Should the three of us perhaps discuss this in private?"

"I'm not big on titles. To me, Character speaks louder then any title ever could. If you was to ever give me the title of medical Sennin... I ask, let it be because I earned the full title through character and hardwork. And not simply as a temporary stand in." Junko said gesturing towards Kahako if the decision was to be made. Not to be disrespectful, but more honorable.

"giving that title to Junko or Kahako right now could possibly do more harm then good though. Junko was close to the investigation emotionally and this Kahako individual is part of the shinrya clan if I'm correct. It's no telling how they'd be perceived." Aiko said analyzing the puzzle before them. The investigation would surely be the determine factor of it all.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The other Sennin said their piece. Standing Kitsune down had been something he had considered and then decided against at the time. He knew that there would be others within the medical branch, like Junko and Kahako who could run the branch as she were stepped down however there were other issues that he was considering. It did however seem like both Sennin were in the same opinion, and then Junko and his brother spoke up on the topic.

I think this is going to be something we will need to discuss in private and make a decision on. There are other factors involved with the decision which need to be taken into account, factors which would be best kept in private. No offense Junko, Aiko, but these decisions are best kept to behind closed doors and we will need you both to trust us in our decision whatever it is.

If your concerns have been fully addressed and there is nothing further that you want to raise then if you could both leave us so that we can discuss the short term future of the medical branch we would be grateful.

He would look to them to decide on whether they would take their leave at this time or raise something else which they would like addressed before he and his Sennin could discuss matters.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let's Talk said:

Rp said:

"I understand" Junko said with a nod. Today was a talkative day, and it was only the beginning. "I have another issue to discuss with you in private Raikage-sama. If it's okay, this time id like to talk to you alone." Junko said with a nod.

"Also, I would like to thank the A-team for blessing me with their time." Junko said with a smirk. They were quite understanding. Perhaps the meeting was a positive move. Either way, other important matters of the village had to be discussed involving The prodigy brothers Experience outside the village.

"If you want, I can wait in your office Raikage-sama" Junko said waiting for a response.

"That's fine. Make your way to my office and I will see you there when we've finished this discussion here"

Leaving the room, the brothers said their good-byes and thanks.

Topics Left

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He watched the other leave and as the door closed he shook his head slightly.

I wonder what he wants to discuss with me... He said quietly, still looking at the door.

Turning his attention back to Nobuyuki and Ayumu he held his silence for a moment, thinking on what to say.

So you both think that having her stand down would be a good idea, huh? Moving around the table he found another chair and sat down.

I had contemplated it but felt that it would be best to try and leave things as close to as they were for the investigation. If I remove her position then perhaps she'll harbor negativity towards me and suddenly change her story, despite my making sure witnesses were involved. Issue being that by witnessing the admission seems to have made Junko feel that punishment needs to be handed down sooner rather than later. I had also sought to avoid looking like I was showing favour to Junko by making him a replacement and also thought that doing this might give him reason to give his evidence a bigger bite towards Kitsune's possible contributions to the deaths of Shin and Daisuke.

Looking back to the door as he raised the topic of Junko he would look back to the Sennin before continuing.

What suggestions would the two of you have regarding this?

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The idea of electing a temporary leader to head the Medical Branch during the investigation was not well received by Junko or Aiko. Junko preferred to earn the title rather than have it given because of the circumstances, and Aiko worried that both of them were too close to the investigation in their own ways and wouldn't be any more well received than Kitsune herself. Regardless, Akira too thought that the discussion should be had in private and asked the brothers to leave for the time being so that they could have it. The two complied, and Junko thanked them for their time before asking to meet the Raikage later. Ayumu watched as they departed before turning his attention back to his fellow Sennin and Raikage. Akira spoke first once the brothers had departed, voicing the concerns he had for having Kitsune step down. He considered the possibility that if he slighted Kitsune that she would change her story. Ayumu wasn't sure if Kitsune would do that, but it could be a risk. It was a shame that one of the ANBU present at her confession hadn't used the snapshot jutsu to record it. He also didn't want it to appear like he was giving favor to Junko, one of the witnesses to Kitsune's confession. With that, he asked the Sennins for their opinions. Ayumu took his seat once more, placing his weapon on the table yet again. Scratching his chin, he pondered the risks Akira had brought up.

"You have valid points. If Kitsune feels that cooperating with you isn't beneficial to her, she might change up her story to try to skirt responsibility. She might not, but it's possible," Ayumu said, finding himself questioning if Kitsune might do just that. Before the revelations made by her own confession, he wouldn't have thought she could be so deceptive, but now he wasn't sure. On the one hand, she had covered it up until she had been confronted about it. On the other hand, she didn't have to cooperate and tell the truth. She could have lied and greatly diminished her part in it. It was her full confession that allowed Akira to move forward without hesitation. Ayumu still couldn't understand why she did stood aside and let it happen this time. In Tenouza, several of the Kumogakure shinobi's lives were in danger and Kitsune had sacrificed herself to bring them back to their feet to finish the fight. Ayumu sighed and put his hands on his knees as he looked to the other two in the room.

"I want to talk to Kitsune. We can't really act until we've verified her confession to you. I think hearing it from her will also help me figure out what I think should be done regarding her and it should free us up to make some decisions," Ayumu said, deciding that this discussion with Kitsune had waited long enough. Some part of him had been avoiding her for different reasons. She had saved him once from possible death, and he had helped bring her back from the frozen north when she was imprisoned. He didn't feel as though he owed her anything, but there was a level of respect that had been there and it was difficult to have that respect shaken. Throw in the awkward addition that she was Kahako's adoptive mother and it wasn't going to be easy, but he was done avoiding it.

"I'd like to go right now, actually... if that's fine with you two," Ayumu said before looking to Nobuyuki to address him. "If you'd like to join me you can, but I don't mind doing this myself either if you have things to attend to," Ayumu concluded. It might have seemed sudden to them, but the fact was that their hands were a little tied at the moment and Ayumu saw this as something that couldn't wait any longer.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuyuki had remained mostly silent for all of this. He had said what he thought of the situation, and so did the others. Saito had decided against such action just in case that would have caused her to recant. But with that revelation, Nobuyuki saw that the Raikage didn't trust her to remain true to her word; that could mean a couple things.

One was that Kitsune's confession wasn't to be taken as direct evidence. If the Raikage believed that she might change it just because of what Nobuyuki believed to be an acceptable action, then her words were not going to be one that guilt or innocence would hinge on. At least not until all other avenues had been explored.

Two was that the Raikage had moved forward with this in mind. He understood that the confession was just one of those who were there that day and felt it made sense enough to take action. This troubled him. He had moved forward with a coup when he didn't trust the eyewitness testimony completely, or rather the woman who had given it to him. If she had been lying, and if there had been violence, there may very well have been dead innocents that day.

In the end, his feelings were his own and he'd have to sort through them later.

He looked to Ayumu who offered to take him along. "I concur with your conclusion and would like to join you. I have yet to interview her regarding the testimony. " he said motioning for Cho to pick up the paperwork she had brought along.

[Topic Left when Ayumu leaves]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So it seemed that the matter would be delayed. The pair were going to visit her to get her version of the story and then be able to figure out what it was that they should do regarding it.

It wasn't that Akira didn't trust Kitsune in particular, it was that he didn't trust anyone to that extent. Self-interest was rife in the shinobi world, and this was demonstrated to him in this case by how both Kitsune and Keiji acted during the conflict. Neither moved to help Daisuke or Shin, at least according to what Kitsune said, she did claim to deliberately leave clues though, something which allowed Junko to be suspicious and thus Akira to find the evidence he found as quickly as he found it. His thinking on the matter had been to act based on her confession matching his other evidence, and with others there to verify what was told to Akira he felt that he needed to act. Certainly there could have been a loss of life had a conflict arisen, however he would have aimed to not kill, but rather maim, in that instance, trusting in his own abilities.

Perhaps the truth that wasn't so obvious was the extent to which Akira didn't trust anyone. For it was he who was having this investigation performed, and he who had done so in such a way that he could be found guilty. Surely this was a sign that he didn't even trust himself when it came to acting on matters which affected him personally. He certainly didn't need to have this run, indeed he could simply have taken the position and run the village. There would be a faction who would disagree with his method but they would only equal his supporters, perhaps be less than. It would be doubtful that they would feel capable of acting against him either way.

Very well, I look forward to receiving the outcomes of your investigations. He said, standing as the two moved to leave. From here he would need to go and talk to Junko, though he didn't know what about.

[topic left when Nobuyuki and Ayumu leave]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu nodded at Nobuyuki who showed interest in coming along and then to Akira who was off to meet up with Junko again. At least the Med-nin Chief wouldn't have to wait long. Standing and retrieving his weapons, Ayumu made his way to the door, glad to be out of this particular room but not so much glad about where he was headed. At least he had an ally for this endeavor as Nobuyuki had elected to join him. Short moments later they would be on their way across the village to the hospital where the Medical Sennin's office was held.

[Topic Left w/ Nobuyuki]
[Cont. here.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back