Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Little Red Scarf [Open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I gotta figure this shit out..."

Riyobi was spending yet another day with the worst migraine of his life, attempting to ignore all of the extra commotion going on around him. Some might think that being able to see spirits was a gift, but if they knew how obnoxious people became in death? They might reconsider. Moans and groans were all that the delinquent could manage anymore, even when someone was just asking for some insults, he just couldn't bring himself to do it. No sleep, no peace, no nothing, and that didn't really make it easy to be creative.

One of the few places that the kid had for some "peace and quiet" now was the Dawnbringer's Plaza. One of the busiest sections of the village, even if there was an excess in spirits, it made it really easy to drown out the noise in., Well, more noise. Screaming heads, snickering old men, annoying children, two of those three things could be found among the living, so at least most of the noise blended together. Unfortunately, there was always those bad seeds.. Those spirits that wanted to do nothing more than piss off whoever they could, not that Riyobi could really blame them - life is boring, he could only imagine how death must be. But today? One was particularly mischievous...

Even with all of the commotion that filled the Plaza, the sound of a child's surprised shout was unmistakable, and the only thing Riyobi could see is a spirit snatching a recently purchased scarf from a little girl, and carrying it up to the giant statue of Aion.

"If I have to be cold for eternity, then you can deal with being cold for a few more days!" The bastard shouted, not that anyone would hear it - besides the unfortunate child that had to deal with these things.
lLE418a.jpg

"I've had about enough of you fuckers!" He yelled at the spirit, getting more than a few dirty stares, and nothing but a full moon in response. He'd had enough. Riyobi stormed up to the statue, staring up to the head of Aion, which now had a very pleased looking spirt that sat atop it, holding the red scarf in the air. The boy's eyebrow twitched, an involuntary reaction to things that really, really pissed him off. "If you make me come up there, I am going to kick your ass into the next life!" He shouted again, trying his best to ignore the very confused crowd of people that had now gathered. His cheeks began to turn red, but he was prepared to deal with this spirit.

"Let's see you try it pipsqueak!" The spirit mocked. He'd get what's coming to him...

Akuno Tatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a normal day for Tatsuo. He had just finished his training for the day and gone out to shop for some essentials that he needed. Grabbing his coat, he was almost out the door when Akki called out to him. The demon was capable of residing within Tatsuo, but he preferred to be in sword form most of the time as it made him feel more of an individual to Tatsuo even if it was only an illusion.

Leaving without me? The sword asked.

Looking back at it, Tatsuo made his reply "I have to get some things from the store. Why do you want to come?" Tatsuo puts his coat on as he speaks.

The only enjoyment in my life is spectating your life. The sword responded.

Tatsuo thought to himself fro a moment. He know it would most likely be seen as odd for him to have a sword on him when he went shopping, but he didn't really care. After thinking for a bit, the boy decides to take the demon with him. "You can come, but don't talk too much." The sword flies over to Tatsuo's hand and he puts it on his back before heading out the door. Arriving at Dawnbringer's Plaza, Tatsuo looked around, wondering where he should go first. There were certainly a lot of people there, but that wasn't out of the ordinary. All of a sudden, he hears some yelling.

"I've had about enough of you fuckers!"

Looking over to where the voice came from, he sees another boy, presumably younger than him yelling at a statue. Approaching the scene, as many other people did, Tatsuo just watched as this boy continued to yell at the statue.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Peace and quiet rarely came into the life of a shinobi, and it would seem today would be no different for the young Uchiha. A rare occurrence for him, simply taking a moment to himself to enjoy a nice meal and relax, just had to be ruined by the shouting of children. Tiredly, he placed the chopsticks back into the bowl of Udon, before paying and subsequently walking outside to see what all this commotion was. Though no longer a high ranking shinobi, surely he could intervene and help out if the situation called for it. What he saw outside surprised him slightly.

There was a small young boy, probably academy student age, yelling at a scarf that seemed to just float in the wind atop a large statue. Interesting to say the least. Was this how cloud trained their academy students? A bit out there, but, until he knew all of the details, not something he could write off as poor. Leaning against the shop, he choose to just watch for now, see how the younger one would handle this.

"Interesting, so the boy can see spirits.." The soul of his blade spoke to him, echoing in the young Uchiha's head.

"Oh, is that what's going on? Well, that certainly makes more sense.." Maikeru responded, sticking his hands into the pockets of his long coat. "So what, the spirit stole his scarf and climbed it up there?"

"I know as much as you do, young Uchiha." Susano responded with an echoing voice. "But, that does seem logical to me."

Maikeru smiled at the boy, before moving off of the building. He would walk up to the student at a casual pace, before standing behind him, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well?"
He would ask of him. "You threatened to kick it's butt, better follow through on your word."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
More and more people gathered around the statue, a few generous - and stupid - souls even throwing their yen at Riyobi. Despite how humiliating it was that people thought this was some strange show, and went even further by pitying him by throwing their spare change, the boy wouldn't turn down some lunch money. But seriously, even he knew this would've made for a shit show...

Scanning the statue, it was a completely smooth surface. Hardly any cracks covered its surface, and even less edges jutted from its features. He still wasn't quite sure how he was going to do it, but he'd get up there if it was the last thing he does! Ideally, however, it wouldn't be the last thing.

"What's the matter kid? Scared?" The spirit mocked again, what kind of crappy life did he have to have in order to be such an asshole in the after life? Every second that passed caused Riyobi's scowl to get worse and worse, which quite frankly he didn't even realize was possible, and just before he turned into some green creep living in a trash can, his focus was broken by an older person saying something behind him.

"Sorry, I don't run that kind of business mister." Before the boy could even fully comprehend what the man had said, he'd already instinctively tried insulting whoever it was that had approached him. A few seconds of silent staring later, and his mind had fully processed what was even said. Riyobi pointed at the man, no words said, just a single finger, as if to say "just you wait." Luckily for him, the wait wouldn't be that long, as the boy turned and sprinted at the statue. Running as fast as his legs would carry him, he pounced at old Aion's leg managing only to slam his face into his stony surface, and fall back on his butt. Whether it was a moment in which he lost focus, or even just a lack of skill, Riyobi may have just experienced the most embarrassing situation in his life. Now clutching his bleeding nose, the boy's cheeks were redder than they'd ever been. How the hell was he gonna get out of this one...

"BAHAHAHAHAHAA, that's how you're planning on getting up here? God, you really are stupid!"

"You uh..." It was difficult for the boy to speak, "Wanna help me get up there?" Now back on his feet, the boy turned to whoever it was had spoken to him before. He was still intent on kicking that ghost's ass, but he also didn't wanna get any more attention than he already had. Even if yen was involved...

Akuno Tatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsu sighed as he watched what was happening. Looking behind him, he noticed that a big crowd has formed behind and that he would have to get through them if he wanted to leave. Deciding that he did not want to through the trouble of forcing his way through a giant crowd, he decided to stay a little while longer. That's when another stranger encouraged the presumably crazy kid to do what he said he would do. Tatsuo was very confused at the whole situation, but he figured it couldn't hurt to just stick around. Especially since what felt like the entire village thought so too and had gathered around.

I do not think we should have gone out today. The voice in his head inputs.

I thought I told you not to talk to much. Tatsu replied.

Perhaps we should take our leave? Did you not have some things to get? The voice suggested.

I will do as I please. Tatsu replied.

Nonsense, you just don't want to have to make your way through this crowd of nosy people. Of course, you would not insult them because that would make you nosy too. So instead you have no choice but to sit here and pretend to enjoy this spectacle out of some sort of misplaced curiosity. The voice said.

If you know why we are still here, then why did you ask if we could leave? Tatsu asked.

The voice in his head does not respond, instead just opting to be quiet and let it all just play out.

[MFT]

(OOC: Apologies for taking a bit to post, guys)

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru kneeled into a crouched position as he watched the boy attempt to run up at the wall, lazily scratching his cheek with his strange right hand. He was still thinking about what the boy had said to him to really notice that he fell down and face planted. Did he really look like that much of a pervert? Was it the hair? He would have to do some serious thinking about this later. For now, however, his blue orbs lazily floated down to look apathetically at the boy with blood running from his nose.

"So, what was the plan there?"
Maikeru asked with a sigh, shaking his head. "Do they not teach you anything in the academy anymore? Well, I guess not anymore.. what do you even learn in cloud academy?"

Smooth. Standing up to his full height, he fiddled with the cloud headband that hung loosely from his neck. With a sigh, he nodded towards the boy, before towards the statue, giving him the universal 'follow me' sign.

"Look, kid, I can't see ghost or anything, but I do know a little bit about climbing things." Taking a step towards the statue, he placed his foot flat against the base, before the other, leaving the boy standing horizontally on the statue, looking down at the boy. "You're a shinobi, you have chakra, use it. Think of this as training if you want. If you can stick chakra to your feet, you can run on that instead of on the statue. It's.. easier than it sounds. Now come on, I don't have all day to see you hit this spirit."

[Apologies for the wait. I had some IRL troubles I had to deal with.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"They taught me how to keep away from perverts." Riyoji looked the man dead in his eyes as he tried to insult his intelligence, the boy may have a broken nose, but the man would have a broken spirit. He watched as the strange man, and his strange hand climbed the statue without the use of his hands, and put on a rather displeased look. "Training... Man I don't even like training in school, I'm just trying to get this shit under control..." He mumbled to himself as he begrudgingly approached the statue again. The crowd began to dissipate slightly, assuming now that this was no more than a failed training exercise and losing interest, some even returning to pick up the cash they'd thrown.

As the crowd was sufficiently small, RIyoji let out an exaggeratedly loud sigh, and shoved his hands in his pockets - with blood still dripping from his chin. "Stick chakra to my feet... That sounds stupid, but if he means what the old man means then..." He set a single foot on the statue, and began gathering and releasing chakra from it, resulting only in his foot flying from its surface and knocking him on his ass once more. "So much for your stupid advice!" He exclaimed, cursing the man who attempted to help him. "I'll just do this my own way..." He moaned, once more sprinting at the statue out of frustration. This time however, he thought it through a little more, leaping through the air and laying a foot against the stony surface, releasing enough chakra to propel himself upward. Rather than sticking to the surface, which he simply had no time for.

One step after another, the boy slowly launched himself up old Aion, the ghost's insults becoming more and more shaky as he approached. Even though he was quite confident the brat couldn't lay a finger on him when he made it, his sheer determination to try was intimidating. At least for him.

Once the delinquent finally set foot atop the statue's head, the ghost laughed "Great you made it! Now what kid, you gonna make fun of me? Try to throw salt on me and exorcise me?" Seeing the boy's stature after he'd made it only filled the spirit with even more confidence, how the hell was someone like that gonna hurt him? Even if he was still alive! But all of his laughing was halted when he was met with a bony fist in the face, sending him plummetting back to earth, and through the ground. Never to be seen by Riyoji again. The boy clutched the scarf in both hands and let out a war cry, he'd done it! "Now how in the hell did I actually hit that thing..." He thought, glaring down at his fist. "Another time I guess.."

"So uh.. How do I get down now?" Riyoji crawled to the edge of the statues head and stared down at the man from before, "I'll actually listen this time..." Not that he had much of a choice, considering the position he was in.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back