Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Long Needed (Private, Takeshi and Yuki)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki knew it would be forward to ask for the meeting in his office, but indeed he did just that thing if only because he knew for a fact this room was not bugged in any way. A simple request to Takeshi and a notice to Yuki that he would like to meet them in his office. The room was clean as when he moved into it, looking for all the world like it had never been anything but an immaculate office space. The decorations on the wall were changed, this time trophies from samurai slain by his hand and his old ANBU robes and mask that he’d worn once before when Yuki stopped Ritsuko from leaving the village.

Maki, for his part, was wearing his normal red armor over black clothes, with a red half jacket. His weapons were not on his person but easily reached if need be. He was not sitting, but standing waiting for them to arrive. And on their arrival would explain that he didn’t know where else was safe from prying eyes and listening ears, and motioning for them to sit in one of the many chairs if they wanted to.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to walk threw the compound, as he looked around in those few minutes he wondered what could have brought him down here. He didn’t question any of it trusting in the person that had summoned him to this location as he allowed himself to walk threw the corridors his gaze checking to see how clean this place was. As he knocked on the door to one of the Captain offices, knowing full well that the person he wanted to speak with would be inside. Turning the handle Takeshi entered as he glanced around it appeared that he was the first one to arrive out of them.

“Maki, normally I do the summoning, but I guess this works fine. At least let me know that you have got a drink that we can have while we get down to business? Also, what did you want to talk about?”

Takeshi spoke with a smile on his face, he had grown recently to know the true respect towards Maki, as a man that had supported the branch when he was away. He was slowly becoming one of those people that Takeshi considered in his inner circle one that he would allow himself to confide in and listen to his words and advice when it was given.

[Topic Entered]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki didn't take long to find her way to the office of her fellow Captain, she watched a Takeshi entered the office in front of her and slipped in behind her. Her eyes were on the ground as she walked, even though her physical wound from her battle at the gates had healed she still carried the mental ones and seeing Maki's ANBU uniform brought her back to looking in the cloudy whites of that dead girl's eyes, the Haku pulled herself back into the room while she knew that she was only doing her job it still didn't stop her from being filled with regret. She closed her eyes briefly and smiled placing on her own metaphorical mask.

"You know Maki my office is literally across the hall, you didn't need to send a note. You could have just knocked on the door?" She smiled as she teased him closing her door behind her and leaning on the wall of his office. "How can I be of assistance?"

She picked up on a strange feeling in the air and she couldn't quite place her finger on what was the source, It could have been the fact that he had summoned Takeshi, a meeting between the two Captains she would expect but not for him to have summoned the Sennin.Yuki took a glance at Takeshi as she allowed herself to nod in that split second towards her other half, waiting to hear what Maki wanted to talk to them about. It was clear that he had something on his mind.

[Topic Entered]
[MFT-261]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He smiles slightly and shrugs at their responses. ”I know it’s a bit forward, but like I said, this is the only room I know for certain is not bugged. But yes, there is drink.” He walks to the bookshelf behind him and pulls on a book. A section of the shelf springs open to reveal a storage cubby. Three glasses are placed on the desk and a bottle of scotch is place neardby. He deftly fills the three before setting the bottle down. ”I have ice, if you want.” Should that be requested, another hinged part of the shelf opens to reveal it’s a freezer/fridge combo, and ice would be added to the glass in question before all of the storage doors are shut. It seemed he was busy when he was setting this office space up for himself.

”Well, first off, to catch you up. You appeared to know about Yomi being charge. Not sure how much you know, but Umashi has gone missing. Sort of. Yuki stopped a girl from running from the village a short while before you arrival. When I came upon the scene, there was just enough time for me to note his presence before Umashi vanished into the void. I believe he may have used a space/time jutsu to do this. More to the point, however, was Yomi also arrived. She seemed angry that Yuki killed a traitor, and was more than willing to make a public spectacle of things before I reminded her that the entire village likely heard the explosions the fight set off and was watching.”

He drains his scotch and sets the glass down, a frown on his face. ”Add to that, we have a new Head Jounin in the village. She gave the position to the girl who fled with Baba. Yuumoto Akumi. In addition, as you saw, she’s made Yuu Kenshin her bodyguard. When I arrived in the village, she apparently decided the ANBU branch was going to be doing nothing except trying to find Umashi. She promoted a traitor to a position of leadership. And now she’s trying to treat Baba like a misguided child instead of the traitor he is. I do believe our current Hokage is far too forgiving, and too easily gives in to her emotions. Upon my arrival, Yuki and I put a stop to the hunting of her husband. She might hold that against us. I don’t care.”

Maki fills his shot glass, and any others that are empty, and takes a second shot. ”We’re sitting on a time bomb of an emotional Hokage who is, in my opinion, opening our village wide to all kinds of dangers. She wants us to stop runners and rehabilitate them, which merely shows other people there’s no real consequence to betraying their home. She gave Head Jounin to one of them. How many people do you think are going to go missing now in the hopes of returning and getting a promotion for their false loyalty?” Maki shakes his head.

”Anyways, that’s the current state of things. The branch is improving, however. We’ve gained some members, Yuki and I have been doing classes, also.” And it was all out. The branch and village items. He’d tell them about his personal situation later. First came Konoha, then him.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to accept the drink as he listened to the first part of the conversation before shaking his head with the offer of ice, he just needed something strong and hard to hit the spot right now. He figured that would probably help calm himself of the situation at least, and even if it didn’t at least he could drink away while listening to the words of his Captain. Glancing over to Yomi he wondered how much of this had been a coincident. He allowed the drink to flow freely as he stopped himself after the first words had come out. It seemed that the ANBU Sennin had missed an update on the situations since his return to the village. Though an audience with the Hokage was something separate to near impossible.

“I was not made aware of the fights at the gates, It is good to see that one of the runners fell to the hands of the ANBU Branch. With the strain on us to be at the gates instead of main branch they must understand that we will not waste time on taking them to jail. It is easier if they just die. This way we stop another incident happening later, nice work Yuki on confirming the kill that is another one to add to your list. Now from what you said was she about to punish one of the Captains for doing their job, we are not here to play around with missing, we punish them simple as that. I fully support the action of the ANBU in this, and do not understand what her issue was on this matter”

Takeshi allowed himself to take another sip of his drink as he considered how to reply to the next part, it seemed that right now he was being given a full update by both of his Captains, he pondered if he would have accepted these words from the Hokage better than he would right now. But that was not going to be found out as he listened for answers right now.

“Interesting to give Head Jounin to someone that recently ran away. This Akumi what else has she been doing since getting this position. Also, what about this search for the Hokage have there been any positive sightings bar at the gates, I mean for all intensive purposes isn’t he just not in the same space as us now. From what you stated, forgiving as she maybe she is still the Hokage, now while I think its for other branches I want to put a no kill order on Baba. Before you lose it, Maki allow me to explain, you know how fragile the connection between ANBU and other branches is. If we go down this road it might cause war inside the village, I am against that for one mans soul. Condemn him, make him an informant of yours if you must just don’t kill him for now. I know I can trust you with this order.”

Finishing the drink as he allowed himself to think on the last few words here. Knowing full well that Maki might be right he allowed himself to stop and think for a few seconds, before he leaned back in a chair that was near by to get a better look around the office of the new Captain.

“In terms of the Hokage, and her direct actions recently when it comes to missing, you are now under the orders. Any missing ninja that is trying to escape from the village, if they do not come peacefully back but instead try and fight against you…. I want them dead on sight, make sure they don’t escape and kill them. The branch has clearance for that, it is our job and making sure we are doing it correctly. Thank you both the Branch seems to be blossoming recently, what I want to do is have you and Yuki take command of teams. It seems with the recruits that we have at the moment both of you could run a team. Maki who do you want or would look at since you have been around since your return.”

Takeshi allowed the offer to stand out there, as he glanced from Yuki and Maki the Sennin broke the visage of a leader at that split second as he relaxed more and looked down at the glass a small smile came to his lips.

“Reminds me of our first meeting Maki, fill my glass please, also how are you two doing outside of the Branch settling into the village?”

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki takes the glass from the desk and held it in her hand, she chilled the air using her bloodline talents causing a thin layer of ice to coat the glass bringing the temperature of the contents of her glass down if there was nothing that she hated more then warm scotch. She smiled at the males offer of ice, he seemed to forget she was pretty much a walking chiller.

“I think that I have it covered but thanks for the offer” She grinned before leaning back against the wall listening to the male fill Takeshi in on the events that he has missed while he was away in Sand. There was a lot that happened the since he was gone that stuck the female as insane choice however she knew better than to question a grief-stricken woman who clearly wasn’t thinking clearly.

The topic changed to the events that took place at the gates, as Maki spoke Yuki could feel her skin beginning to crawl she looked at the ground. The bail started to rise in her stomach again, feeling it, Yuki took a mouthful of the liquor feeling it burn as it flowed down her throat fighting against the sickness in her stomach. She heard Takeshi congratulate her, but the words felt hollow, she didn’t think that she had done anything worthy of his praise or worth recognition she clenched her fist her nails digging into her palm trying to refrain the welling pool of emotion that she could feel rising up like an encroaching tide. She took the rest of her liquid from the glass down giving her a little respite from her tempest that was raging inside of her. She looked back at the two men painting her false smile on her face again.

“I have been in contact with the newly appointed Medical Chief, looks like that she is willing to enter talks to rebuild some of the bridges that have been burnt. In terms of this whole Umashi business, she has given me some information but not anything that I didn’t already know.” She placed the glass back on the table. “I have been looking to get in contact with Juko seeing his feelings in joining the Branch, Yukio has been in contact with that little Brat Maru while my personal feeling towards the boy is less than pleasant there is no denying that he probably has what it takes,” She brushed her hair off of her face once she had finished talking.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The drinks were taken, no ice. Yuki froze her glass herself, though. Maki thought that would be one heck of a party trick, but kept that thought well hidden away as they drank the scotch and spoke. Takeshi seemed pleased with the outcome of the fight at the gates, though Yuki still appeared to be suffering emotionally from the deed. It was necessary, as Takeshi stated it was a good way to send a message. ”I believe her issue was that she’s an unfit leader.” It was delivered with his usual bluntness. He could spin words like a tapestry of silver and gold if he needed to, but here he did not need to.

”As near as I can tell, Akumi’s not done anything of note with the position. Which can be both good and bad, considering the former head jounin….I’ll bring it up later. Nothing on Umashi. No other sightings, no hints of where he might be, nothing.” At the mention of a no kill order, Maki pours himself a second glass and says nothing as he drains it and lets Takeshi speak. He obviously didn’t like it, but Takeshi was one of the few people he trusted and respected as a leader. Maki simply nods. ”I’ll do what I can with him. I fear he might not be a font of information, however.”

The new order for the gates, specifically missing, was something that made more sense to him. He sets his glass down and opens a drawer on his desk, pulling out some folders and going through them as Takeshi asks who he wants. One is placed down before the Sennin. ”Yukio, I recently ran his exam and he is definitely well in tune with the interrogation side of things. I think I could work him into something great. I will have to pull more people into the branch before I can form an opinion on others, but I did run into someone the day of the runner. I’m going to find out more about him but I might be wanting to pull him in also. Finally, I want to run a few more classes with students until I find a suitable third. I’ve hit one person with potential but he….got me killed. So it’s not a good fit.”

He grins at the mention of their first meeting, where he learned whiskey no longer worked. Thankfully, that was no longer the case. He wasn’t getting drunk, but he was feeling it. He fills his own and Takeshi’s once more and pulls another folder from his desk as Takeshi asks about outside branch affairs. Maki hands it to Takeshi. Inside was his own file on Shin Ha, the former Head Jounin. It was rather sparse. Home land, apparent age, known abilities. And beside status was the word deceased. ”So speaking of the former Head Jounin as I mentioned earlier, this man attacked me a few weeks ago. I was in the forest patrolling around and noticed he seemed to be hunting me. He couldn’t see me, and the distance he was tracking me through was rather long, so I have no idea how he was able to. He nearly tracked me back here when I decided to confront him. And he immediately attacked me.”

“He had help. Rather supernatural help. It cut off my powers to the other side of the veil somehow. And it reversed me….other gifts.”
Maki stretches his arm out and nothing happens. ”I’m not sure what it was or how it was capable of such a thing. All I ever saw was a demonic arm the size of a grown man coming out of a portal to the void. It managed to actually overpower me until I learned that my ability to steal souls had some perks of its own.” Maki drains his glass as his shadow seems to detach and rise from the floor, coalescing into a being roughly half again as tall as himself. Black armor covered it from head to toe, plate. The helmet was in the shape of a wolfshead, with thin slits for eyes that glowed red. Upon its back was a sword larger than even itself.

”I have no idea what this is. It seems rather intent on protecting me, however. And I still have some vision into the realm beyond, but it’s quite limited. However, in replacement of my former…ethereal abilities I seem to have acquired the gifts of our former Head Jounin.” Maki whistles and one of the chairs suddenly has a gash as a blade of air slams into it. ”So I’d say all in all, outside of the branch, I’m doing rather fucked up but good.”

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi kicked back in the chair as he listened to Yuki and Maki trading off conversation it seemed that a lot had happened in his time away and some of this was more troubling than he would like to have admitted. As he sipped into the drink he decided to address both of them as it was a joint conversation. The Sennin allowed himself to kick back in the chair and sip away at the drink that he was enjoying.

“While we may feel the way we do, Maki you know that the Hokage is the Hokage, we just obey the orders that have come to us, this is what we must do and what is required of us. I wish it was a different story, but this is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it. As for Akumi, if nothing of note has been done this could be her simply settling down but I want you to keep an eye on her still. I do not want to have her escape a second time if she decides to try anything.”

Takeshi allowed himself to pour another glass as he turned his attention back to Maki as he spoke about the matter at hand, he knew full well that Maki was probably right, and it seemed that Yuki was also going to relay the progress of potential candidates it seemed that both Captains had been living up to his expectation during his time in Sand this was something he had to admit that even he was a fan of in that split second.

“Yukio does show a certain interest even to myself, that might be because I have been training the boy. He has great potential in the future, and if he keeps working well then, I have no doubt that we will be in a good position shortly we have acquired a few new ANBU since my return, but you have seemed to be doing a good job on the recruitment front. So, which two names did you have in mind if I can ask Maki just, so I have a rough idea of what we are looking at here. Yuki what do you know of this Juko, has he got potential and the drive that we are expecting of someone that wants to join the ANBU branch? And Maru I do not know the boy personally does anyone have anything to add to either of these as I would prefer to know who we are looking at before just throwing them into a position?”

Takeshi went back to the drink he wanted to know more about potential candidates before he just decided to drag them in, but it seemed that more people where throwing themselves at the branch and would either make the cut to ANBU or break under the rank of AiT the difference was finding out which one was which.

“Now about the Baba situation, if he yields no information then we may change that no kill order to just killing him. I am not above sending another missing to the grave, as for what happened with the Head Jounin. Did you find out why he was following you before he died, I would be interested to know what his thoughts where. Also, your gifts how tested are they, what are they and how much have they changed. I know you still seem very capable in your current situation, but I want to make sure that you are at the top peak performance. That said if its intent on protecting you then it cannot be anything bad. I seem that a lot has taken place in my absence. This creature being one and the fact we put a head jounin in the ground. I presume you took care of the other details of it?”

Takeshi looked at the creation with glowing red eyes as he pondered for a few minutes before looking back to Maki hoping that he had addressed both Maki and Yuki enough now that they all were on the same page of thinking.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki returned to the wall that she was leaning against before and listen to Maki weave his tale. When the man put his hand out she wasn’t sure what he was expecting, but judging from the man's reaction when nothing happened she assumed that the lack of whatever was meant to happen was a bad thing. She looked at him puzzled hoping that he hadn’t completely lost the plot, the last thing that branch needed. It wasn’t until he explained further that she understood what was happening, she couldn’t begin to understand how the male felt Yuki herself had come to rely on Mizuke, if he was suddenly gone she would be lost. Her eyes widen as she watched Maki’s shadow stretch across the floor before morphing into a shape and cleaving a chair clean in half.
“I am glad that you are choosing to destroy your own furniture Maki,” She spoke as she watched splinters of wood bounce across the floor. “Juko has remarkable natural talent, he is somewhat clumsy and loud, but I think he is malleable enough. Out of the class he was the only real one of note, well there was Maru but that was more because of how unlikeable that child is. He has an attitude problem and a major issue with authority, but if Yukio thinks that he is good enough then I don’t distrust his opinion, enough if it might be misplaced” She took the glass from the table again stepping around the fragments of the destroyed chair and reached over to the refilled glass that sat on Maki’s desk.

Yuki listened as the topic of conversation change to Baba, she knew little about the male other than the second-hand information that she had managed to retrieve from Akumi when she was under the custody of the ANBU, which at the time proved to be less than useful. She, however, knew Takeshi, he wasn’t normally one to take prisoners.
“Baba is a dead man walking, I don’t see why you are prolonging the inevitable. I think that the missing has already been afforded enough luxuries,” Yuki was speaking about Akumi the position that she had been placed in left a sour taste in Yuki’s mouth. She didn’t understand as to why a traitor of the village had managed to work their way into the position on her Jounin, it was just one of the many things that had happened in the recent year that didn't make a lot of sense to her.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki takes in all said before bowing his head slightly. ”You are the Sennin here. And my friend. I shall do as you request in this situation.” It wasn’t just that Takeshi was his leader, but that he respected the man before him. As would become apparent, it was respect that garnered obedience from the captain, not some made up authority of position. Takeshi had a request on how he wanted it handled, and Maki would do as he asked because of that respect. If this order was coming from, say, the Hokage then Baba would find himself in an accident sooner rather than later. It was how he worked after so long on his own.

”Yes, well that chair was falling apart anyways. And I felt it would be better to demonstrate like that rather than making a tornado in the room.” He smiles and resumes his seat. ”I think we’re all caught up now. I know I called the meeting, but it is still Takeshi’s place to adjourn I feel.” He chuckles slightly at that. He did have paperwork to do, however.

(Topic left unless Takeshi or Yuki interrupt the paperwork)

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to place the glass down onto the surface of his Captains table as he allowed a small smile to come to his lips before he nodded back to the man that he trusted in his life. He allowed a small smile to come to his lips as he turned around to Yuki and looked at her for a few seconds, pondering on the best reply to this situation he merely just simply headed for the door allowing his hand to come and turn the handle allowing the familiar click of the door to become open in that split second as he glanced towards the two of them before deciding to speak.

“Well I think that sums everything up, there will be a meeting soon and I want both of you there. Remember that we have to do a lot of work with this branch to make it great again, now with that being said I know I can trust both of you to do the work you are my sword and shield, in the coming days my faith will be pushed and my future shown. The only sturdy thing I know I can rely on during this time is both of you to have my back. Thanks for the update, until another time”

Takeshi allowed himself to walk out of the door closing it behind him, as he continued his way back down the corridors that he had come to know and miss so well he allowed a small smile to curl on his lip in those few seconds.

[MFT: 262]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back