Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Many Happy Returns [Open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It’s not often that Momoka doesn’t get to spend her birthday at home. Six years ago, it was an emergency at the Byoin. Young and eager to prove herself, she pressed her palms against a dying man’s heart and all she wished for that year was to not have her first patient die on the gurney. Two years ago, it was a mission. On their way home, the team got caught in the middle of a rainstorm and took shelter in a cave. Momoka whispered her wishes in front of the campfire as she shivered under a blanket. This year, it was—

Well, this year, it was because all her friends weren’t even home at all. Hiroki decided to extend his stay at Tea because he got a new lead at a new species of this plant his was looking into, Yasumi decided to look for her next apprenticeship, Hisakata decided to spend some more time training with his mentor, and Takatsugu decided to follow Hisakata into the mountains. And she doesn’t blame them, of course not, no, not at all, so Momoka’s decided she’d rather spend her birthday in Konoha, alone rather than lonely.

On the streets of the Red Oak District, Momoka takes a stroll with a big red balloon tied around her wrist. It bobs alongside her as she taps her fingers against her hips while she hums a tune to herself. It’s not 'happy birthday to me' because that would just be sad, but it’s something random and cheerful and equally as celebratory. She isn’t sad that she isn’t with her friends and family.

Of course not,

no,

not at all.

The smell of freshly baked bread wafts onto the street and Momoka follows her nose when she enters a small restaurant. It’s a new one, she notes, opened just two weeks ago—she remembers because they ordered a bouquet from her. Her interest is piqued when she's greeted by a large poster that says 'Best Pies in Konoha!'. She enters the shop and looks around for a few seconds before settling on a booth to sit in.

"Hi, yes, a slice of apple pie, please," she says, flashing a bright smile at the server who approaches their table. She slides into the seat, following the server's gaze as they look expectantly at the person in front of her, "And you?"

[MFT]

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yeah so, I was in this market place dinner-like place right? I had just finished with all that photo-shooting and everything, and I decided I could treat myself you know. My manager just finished blowin' my ear up for curse out some kid, like the whole time she was taking shots na' mean. Like I get it but I can't help it, I got heated. You know how these bad a$$ kids can be. Anyway, dropping that,... tryin' to anyway.

So dropped my belt off at the apartment and figured I'd get a cool drink or something sweet you know. I look about, see a few signs and I'm like, "Apple pie,... I can dig that. Upgrade that to the a-la-mode and it ON!" Yeah yeah, I know I gotta eat right to maintain this gorgeous new body I got, but I deserve this right. So I takes a booth right. A server comes by and I'm like "Uhhh, just ice water for now and I'll be ready in a bit." I didn't want have a whole lot around on the table that can stain stuff cause, well,...TOP DOWN RUN DOWN! so y'all understand. Y'all know how I do. Red-brown hair... fresh cut on the dome. Shades? Them designer Rayman's you know. Got this 6'2" frame rockin' an oh so !CLEAN! Black Barnoni suit, the jacket pants combo. Y'all see me puttin' the 1 2s on 'em. White button up shirt, loose at the top, no tie. I gets my GQ on, always. Bakalochi black suede shoes. Same as earlier that day.

Well, I'm just sittin' there minding my own right? Tell me why a little young thang slides into my booth?! Surprise me a little bit. But uhhh in case y'all wonderin', I ain't complainin' not at all. In fact, it is my wish that something like this happens on the daily. When the waiter comes back, Shorty gets her a slice of pie and I'm thinking 'I don't know, I might want a little more than some pie, you dig?' But she dressed kinda modest so I gotta feel her out you know, see where her head at and stuff. She could be looking for a Mr. Right,... could be a shy freak,... could be one of them crazy chicks that'll set yo house on fire,... or a gold digger waiting on the opportunity to take half yo s%$t. Anywho, I'm sitting there all pleasantly surprised and stuff but I'm like, "Uhhh know what, yeah, I'll have that too,... with a little of that vanilla ice on top if you got that." I smile but not too hard you know. I wait til the server leaves before I throw her a joke you know. I'm like, "Hmhm, let's be real here Sweetness. You just didn't want to have to wait in a line before being sat down. Am I right? A little ice break to start off before I get to one of the real questions. What's with the red balloon?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As her now unwitting companion looks up at the server to order, Momoka takes his surprise as her cue to make herself more comfortable. After all, his immediate reaction had not been to shoo her away. She settles down with her elbow up on the table and props her chin up as she leans in closer to study the man in front of her, the anticipation in her gaze dissolving into curiosity. Her stare is not subtle as she takes him in—his russet-colored hair styled to complement his foreign features and his outfit seemingly tailor-fit for his physique—and Momoka keeps the hum of amusement to herself when she confirms why she’d chosen to sit with him in the first place; he certainly stuck out of this crowd, whether he cared to do so or not.

Momoka says a quick thank you as the server turns away and turns to focus on him. She readjusts her position and moves her hands, lacing them together on top of the table. The balloon jerks as she shifts her arm, but a few flicks of her wrist catch its movement and were enough to keep it from bouncing all over the place. She offers him a playful smile when she answers his question,

"Oh no, Celandine. See, I came in here looking for a friend. They don’t ask you to wait in line when you’re here to meet with a friend." And then she winks at him.

"Okay, so, we’re going to celebrate my birthday today," she invites him, looking pointedly at the balloon between them, as if it was all he’d need to validate her statement. Nevermind that it’s actually been a few days; there’s no point in telling him that.

"And this," she gestures to the restaurant, "right now, we’re having brunch. We’re gonna want to have our stomachs filled before we set off for the rest of the day’s activities,"

She doesn’t wait for him to answer; she’d assumed that anyone she met on the way would say yes to a birthday party, even if it was on such short notice.

[MFT]

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, this girl definitely ain't the shy type... still might be a freak though if I catch her at the right time. But yeah, turns out she real outgoing na' mean, had a nickname for me too. Now, I ain't got a clue what a 'celandine' but it sounded kinda foreign, and foreign chicks are mad sexy know what I mean? So she rolls with what I said earlier, gives ya boy a wink and I'm thinkin' 'Alright now, she wanna flirt?! Okay okay, do yo thing girl.' She goes on talkin' 'bout her own birthday party, which that claim seem legit on the account the balloon she wearin'. So I'm like, "Ohhh okay."

So Sweetness continues on you know, sayin' we havin' brunch and whatnot. Said she had the whole day planned and I'm thinkin' 'Wait, is she playin' or like, does she legit have me confused for someone else? Well whatever the case, I ain't sayin' no. In fact, forget I asked 'cause it don't even matter.' Yeah, I wantin' to hear about these "activities", see if I might want to add in a few myself as we go. So I'm liking what I hear and I lean in a lil bit you know, kinda do thing where I put the elbows on the edge of the table, lace the fingers, and I'm tiltin' my head to the right so my hands ain't blockin' my face, know what I mean? And I'm like, "Okay okay, I can dig that. Truth be told you had me at 'celebrate'. There's no sayin' 'no' to party. So uhh, just what you got in mind for your big day?" And I thinkin', 'Wouldn't it be nice if there was a reason to celebrate a birthday right about 9 months from now?' Shoot I mean, it's her birthday right? As the guest, it is my responsibility to ensure that on this day, Sweetness has an excellent time and receives the happy ending she deserves, na' sayin?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Celandine goes along with her presumptuous invite, which was unsurprising, of course, because he was absolutely right: There is no saying no to a party. Momoka forgoes the increduity that came from her invitation being accepted without much of a fight, and instead claps her hands in satisfaction. She takes a moment to glance at their surroundings, as if to check if they were being watched, before leaning in close. Her clasped hands shift so it covers her mouth so she can she whisper, "Y'know, I like you. If we weren't friends before, we definitely are now,"

She straightens up when she feels someone approaching, feigning a cough and steering the movement of her hands as if to cover her mouth. It turns out to be their server, coming back with their pies in hand. The smell that drew her into the shop in the first place fills the air, though this time a lot sweeter when Momoka can pick out the scent of apples baked into the buttery bread. She lets out a hum of excitement as her plate is set down in front of her. The balloon bobbles along. She says thank you when the server bids them to enjoy, follows it with "Itadakimasu!" towards her new friend. Her utensils tinkle as she picks up a fork and takes a bite out of her slice.

Her eyes light up when the crunchy apples melt in her mouth.

"These are really good," she comments before taking another bite. Swallows, then asks, "How is it with the ice cream?"

It takes a while before Momoka remembers she meant to tell him what she'd planned on doing for the day. Her fork clatters on the plate when she drops it to hold up her index finger towards him. She digs through her apron pockets, scattering a couple of items on the table in the process. It takes a pair of garden shears, a couple of vials with liquids in varying shades of green, small pouches that from the sound of it would contain beans or seeds, and a handful of assorted pills before she finally pulls out what she'd been looking for.
[lb2][/lb2][lb2][/lb2]​

She unfolds the page from one of her sketchpads before handing it over to him, "Have you ever heard of something called the Jellyfish Tree?"

[MFT]

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So like you know what, right about now I'm kinda realizing,... I don't even know this chick name. Yet, somehow, she puttin' a nice little positive spin on my day. That's what's up! Stinkin' awesome. I tell you man you don't actually find girls like this often, and they rarely just drop in your lap, na' mean? So when she tell me we might be friends now, I was thinkin' we might be on the same wavelength or something. Now that ain't change the fact I wanted a little than a peek at her birthday suit though, given it's her birthday and all. But yeah, with all that hand movement she had going on I decided to lean back a bit more to avoid that red balloon. But in all genuineness, I was like, "Yeah, yeah,... same here." She a real outgoing kind of girl, real nice like.

She sways back after clearing her throat to seemingly announce the server coming back with the dessert. Sweetness gives the blessing and I'm like, "I'll second that." So we dig in a little bit. I take one bit and well, to be honest, it was decent but I wasn't thinkin' 'bout the ice cream+pie combo that much. I was sneakin' peeks at her reaction to the pie. She said she liked uh, asked me about the ice cream and I had my pleasant face on like, "Pretty nice, it does well against the heat of pie straight out da oven you know? You know you can put vanilla ice cream on nearly anythang that's just as hot n' sweet. Cobbler, brownies, all that. Might wanna try it sometime Sweetness." Umm hmm, yeah, I like that idea.

After a bit she starts to make a mess of things trying to find somethin'. I wonder what the heck going on while she practically dumped her apron on the table by hand, had me tryna block my food. I looks at what she pulled out and then I kinda get it. She's a crafts-girl. And I'm thinkin', 'Ohhhhh, okay. She's what, a gardener or artsy type somethin'?' While I'm thinking, she pulls out some paper from a pad with some weird plants I ain't never seen. Then she ask me 'bout some Jellyfish Tree. Had me searchin' for the word with my mouth open all confused like, Uhhhhhhhhhhh,..(silently studies page) ... Lady I ain't even have a clue. You gonna have to fill me in."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The piece of paper lay flat on the table between them, and Momoka doesn’t lift her gaze on Celandine as he looks over it. She keeps her hands on the paper, fingers spread across the width of the page to keep it from folding in on itself. Confusion dawns on his face and he asks her to elaborate.

Momoka’s eyes light up when she tells him about the Jellyfish Tree: a rare species of plant that can only be found on one tiny island in the world. Although the island itself isn't difficult to get to, it's the massive granite outcrops where the plants grow that are unreachable. It's named after the shape of its fruit—umbrella-shaped like a jellyfish—which dries out and cracks open to expose the seeds to the wind.

She taps her finger on the largest illustration in the center. "Basically, it's some sort of a desert plant that isn’t really built for growing in an island. It's unusual for plants that grow in tropical areas to have seeds that can be blown away by the wind, because the wind would blow them right into the ocean,"

"So, it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise when it’s reported that the species went extinct, right? But…" The but is drawled up as she takes the paper back. She lifts it up to her face and points towards the circled words written in red ink on the page when she continues, "There's a rumor going around that some trees were seen on the island again, and there's this merchant in Crater City—Apparently he got his hands on a few seeds."

"And since I want those seeds for my birthday," she lowers the page and starts to fold it into a neat square again, "We're going to give someone a little visit today,"

[MFT]

OOC: Thank you kindly for your patience! I'm really sorry for the wait, but I'd still very much like to finish this RP~

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sooo, turns out Sweetness is something like a botanist right. Hmmm, never dealt with one of these before? I mean a woman is a woman, but they got, hmm how I say it,... got different keys to the lock if that makes sense? Like you cain't come at them all the same exact way, but the key does exist, ya feel me? So I'm eatin' on the pie n' cream tryna listen in right. Man, she is like DEEP into this kind of stuff boy I'm telling you. Well to each their own I guess.

And I'm preppin' myself for a rant cause, it was lookin' that way judging by her excitement. Wasn't too long of a spill though, she kept it short and sweet like her nickname-sake. Good thing too cause I can tune in only for so long. Even had a couple of dates I fell asleep on, hehehe. Anywho, so she like, "Desert plant, blah blah blah, tropical winds, blah blah blah, extinct species blah blah blah" ... Hey hey now, I was actually listenin' I'm just sparin' Y'ALL the details. And just giving a few nods here and there you know, meet her with the occasional confirms like, "Umm hmm,... okay,... oooh,..." and "I see." where appropriate you know.

Then she gets to the requesting her birthday gift and I'm thinkin' 'Crater City huh? Just like she got it on the page.' It occurred to me, that to Sweetness here, these seeds are like treasure or something. Somethin' like a pirate or discoverer or conqueror, huntin' for a Lost City Treasure chest or something. And I'm thinkin' 'If I make her dreams come true, then I might end up getting a happy ending out of this too.' So I wolf down the rest of my pie then I'm like, "Alright then, let's get it." So I prep to pay right? Kept the wallet under the table so she couldn't be all up in ma business right, cause birthday or not, it ain't nan nobody's business to know what I got. Still, I pull out a just a little more to cover the both of us and place it on the table, average tip. Then I'm like, Well, ready to leave when you are. Lead the way Sweetness."

[OOC: Sorry for the wait. The computer has been acting up on me lately. Freezing.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back