A Mechanist is an ingenious individual capable of giving form to the grand designs only they can imagine. Their exact trade can vary; some may be a master of crafting specialized chakra seals, others working with sophisticated mechanical constructs, and others, still, mad scientists growing their own organic material to work with. What they have in common? That they are at the forefront of some of the best (and worst) discoveries that the world may or may not be ready for.
Automatous Familiar - Passive (3 point)
The mind of a Mechanist spews forth endless ideas that are only limited by the harsh reality of needing to craft them. As such, many create a special familiar to assist them. This familiar is not designed for combat, but what it lacks in power it makes up for with the precision it can perform intricate tasks; from assisting its user in their projects, to dismantling devices...or rigging them into its creator's favor.
Effect: The user has a Automatous Familiar. This Entity works as follows;
- HP equal to 60% of the user's Max CP. Cannot recover lost HP through any method.
- Secondary Stats equal to the user's. Its Accuracy type is always treated as if it were a High option in the user's class. Benefits from Technician, if the Mechanist has it.
- It has its own Awareness, separate from the user.
- It does not have any Chakra, however is not required to spend chakra for its actions.
- Immune to Poison, Genjutsu, Medical Jutsu and Chakra Damage.
- The user must designate at least one weapon of their own weapons in their Dojo thread (but may designate any amount). This weapon is owned by the Automatous Familiar rather than the Mechanist.
- It has 2.5 AP. It may perform up to 2 basic strikes per round, and use augments applied to its weapons. If equipped with Mechanized Weapon or High Tech, it may use the equipment installed on it.
- Automatous Familiar will not trigger any Traps it attacks. When hitting a Trap, it makes a Ranged check vs the owner of the Trap; if Automatous Familiar suceeds, the Trap hit is converted into the Mechanist's. Traps taken control of count towards the Mechanist's limit of active Traps; if not triggered by the end of the current round, the user may freely change its triggering conditions at the start of the next round.
- When taking control of a Trap, the original trap owner and the Mechanist are 'reversed' for the purpose of triggering conditions.
Technician - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- May be purchased twice
Proficient with a variety of crafts, a Mechanist is most adept at keeping those around them guessing their exact capabilities.
Effect: The user gains +1 Accuracy/Genjutsu DC to any Tool, Trap and Poison equipment. After using any Tool/Trap/Poison (Traps are based when set, not triggered), this bonus will apply to any of the users actions made in the following 5 seconds (not just equipment).
High-Tech - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires the Mechanized Weapon ability
The equipment of a Mechanist is always something they take great care in, often designed in such a way to ensure that they are never far from their tools.
Effect: Mechanized Weapon may no longer be taken multiple times, and the effect is replaced as follows; all the user's weapons each gain a single equipment slot (rather than a single weapon 2 slots). This slot may be used for a Trap, Tool and Poison items. Items used in this way require a 12 second cooldown before they may be reused, and the same Item may not be selected for multiple weapons. The user does not need to be equipped with the High-Tech weapon to use its item.
Enhanced Trigger - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Complex design that would stump some people seem to dance to the touch of a Mechanist, working far more effectively; and always just as the Mechanist intends.
Effect: The user may pay 150 CP to add a second "Trigger" to a Trap (if they want to). Once per round, the user may trigger a trap set with Enhanced Trigger for 1% Max CP; the trap will attempt to effect a target of the user's choice instead of its normal target.
Omnitool - Passive (2 points)
A Mechanist is never satisfied; they seek to refine all sorts of processes ranging from the most mundane to the most bizarre. So too, do they apply this line of thinking to their Jutsu. They may craft a special object designed to cast and maintain jutsu on behalf of its wielder; designed in such a way to, of course, be as efficient on resources as possible. The exact properties this object may have is solely up to its creator; some may have it act as a weapon, while another may create one that alters the area around themselves and others.
Effect: The user has a special gear item that does not take up an equipment slot. The Omnitool is targetable via Called Shot: Weapon, and if 'Broken' becomes unusable. Upon learning this skill, the user must choose up to 5 standard purchasable Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, selected from no more than 3 Subtypes. When performing these jutsu, they user may choose to channel these Jutsu through the Omnitool at 80% of their standard cost, and does not need to pay any maintain costs (the Omnitool will maintain it), however the Omnitool may only channel and maintain a single Jutsu at a time. All other rules remain unchanged.
Note: Chosen Jutsu cannot be of a rank higher than the user. The user does not have to meet purchase requirements (such as X-Jutsu mastered, or having certain affinities). Chosen jutsu may be swapped by unlearning/relearning this CA skill.
Jury Rig - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- May be purchased twice
Quirky innovators, a Mechanist can find value in even what others would consider trash. Afterall; time and resources are valuable, so why not repurpose something rather than build from scratch?
Effect: The user gains 1 'Scrap' each time they use a Trap, Tool or Poison. 3 pieces of 'Scrap' may be used to replicate 1 usage of -ONE- of the following item types even if they do not own it; Trap, Tool or Poison. Taking this passive a second time does not increase the amount of Scrap gained, but allows them to replicate a second Item type.
Deflective Shielding - Independent Special Move (2 points)
A Mechanist may create a device that emits stored chakra into a protective shield the blocks the effects of chakra. This might be through chakra stred in a special mechanism or a special organ designed to react similarly, but the resulting shield is both easy to wield, but unfortunately, weak against stronger forces.
Effect: The user may convert up to 4% of their Max CP into a Barrier that has HP of an equal amount. This barrier blocks Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. Lasts until destroyed, or deactivated for 0.5 AP. If deactivated with HP remaining, Deflective Shielding will not cost CP for its next activation and will recharge to its full HP value at the end of the round (if reactivated before recharging, it will have its previous HP value and not regain HP). If destroyed, there is a 10 second cooldown before Deflective Shielding may be used again.
Empowered Armor - Jutsu Modification (3 points)
Restriction- Requires either Light Armor or Heavy Armor
The innovation of a Mechanist is not limited to simply creating tools and weapons, but they may make alterations to the very attire they wear. Light clothing may be altered to become a stealthy, while more combat-based attire may designed to help nurture possible wounds. They have invested great care into their armor; and their armor will in turn care for them.
Effect: For 1.5 AP and 3% Max CP, the user may activate a special effect depending on which Armor they possess, lasting for 30 seconds. If the user has Light Armor, this will cast Active Camo [Rank 2] to the user upon use, and the start of each round (each cast lasting the remainder of the round). If the user has Heavy Armor, this will cast Coagulation [Rank 1] and Skeletal Fortification [Rank 1] upon use, and the start of each round. The cost of this modification replaces the cost of the techniques, and the user may not perform any special actions of the techniques.
Ingenious Action - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
While a Mechanist may be all for complex design and long term goals, they are not incapable of acting sporadically in order to best seize the moment immediately, lest they forever lose an opportunity that presented itself.
Effect: When one of the user's Traps are triggered, the user may reflexively follow up with up with a B-Rank or below action of their choice at +20% CP; this attack does not interrupt their current action. May be used once per round. This is counted as a combo.
Emergency Override - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Time is precious, and time spent recovering from wounds...or dead...is time that could be better invested into furthering their own grand designs. As such; a Mechanist will take great care to add safeguards to various threats they may face not because of any sense of well-being, but simply because it is inefficient.
Effect: May only be used when equipped with a Mechanized Weapon/High Tech or Empowered Armor. When using a Trap, the user may set it on a special trigger; it will trigger when the user fails their Dodge check against an incoming attack. When triggered, the user will dodge the attack and the trap will target their attacker. This is considered an Activated Auto-Dodge, and has a 15 second cooldown from the time the trap is set. The user pays 1.5 AP and 2% Max CP when the trap is triggered (not when it is set).
Intuitive Style - Physical Style (2 points)
A Mechanist is one who envisions a grand design...But may not the exact steps to get there. As such, they can be flexible; and always search for ways to adapt.
Effect: While this style is active, the user may use 2 Prep Slots each round (they do not have to be prepared beforehand; all options are available). All CP costs are increased by 15% while this style is active.
- Like any other fighting style, this can be turned on or off at the user’s discretion or lack thereof.
- Does not stack with the Strategist ability, or effects which simulate it. If the user owns said ability, it is unavailable any round Intuitive Style is active.
Chakra Disruption Field - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and up
Nothing displays a Mechanist's thorough understanding of chakra processes than their capability of utterly shutting it down. Through special 'Sigil' which themselves might be some mechanical device, or a special seal, or some horrific display of biotechnology, a Mechanist can render a designated area inhospitable to chakra, thus forcing it to lose its shape and nature. The field does not restrict chakra from being used completely, nor are the effects instant, but they are one-way; within this field roaring flames generated from chakra steadily dim, clones gradually lose shape and disperse into the elements they are composed of, and even fierce pressure of powerful chakra auras fade away before long. Of course, the effects of this field apply to the Mechanist as well.
Rank 1: Creates a 'Disruption Sigil' with 6000 HP. While active, all maintained Chakra costs are multiplied by x1.5 for any non-Taijutsu maintained effects (does not effect non-chakra maintain costs, such as HP or Natural Energy), and Ninjutsu/Genjutsu which are effected by this may not be maintained longer than 30 seconds.
Rank 2: Creates a 'Disruption Sigil' with 8000 HP. While active, all maintained Chakra costs are doubled for any non-Taijutsu maintained effects (does not effect non-chakra maintain costs, such as HP or Natural Energy), and Ninjutsu/Genjutsu which are effected by this may not be maintained longer than 20 seconds.
Cost: 3 AP, 4500 CP
- This is an Terrain jutsu.
- Lasts 30 seconds, until the 'Disruption Sigl' is destroyed, or someone else casts their own Terrain jutsu. Once dispeled, this jutsu requires a 10 second cool down before it may be recast.
- Upon activation, the user makes a Stealth checks against all in battle to place the 'Disruption Sigil' unnoticed. If the user succeeds a check, the 'Disruption Sigil' is considered to be in stealth vs those who failed the check. If Chakra Disruption Field is considered a hidden action, then no Stealth check is needed toward the unaware target; unaware targets are automatically unaware.
- There is no check for other Terrain jutsu to dispel this. Instead, any Terrain jutsu cast while this Jutsu is active have a 50% chance to fail (CP spent on the jutsu is lost). If they are cast successfully, Chakra Disruption Field is dispelled and the Disruption Sigil is destroyed.