Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Medical] The Enemy of my Enemy (Harupia)

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As they wheeled in Harupia, another of the ninja who'd engaged Magnetica, Shuu knew that Yume was already handling Uri, who was actually the less-critical of the two worst patients. In the meantime Shuu shifted her focus to handle the Sunaku. She'd seen his handywork in battle, and knew something of Sunaku's capability. Luckily, their unique skills didn't affect their physiology like some special skills and bloodlines did, so she didn't need to make any alterations to her treatment plan. Instead she radioed in.

"Ready Oh-Are-Two for a severe puncture wound. I'm going to need three units of Oh-Neg on standby, we're going to need to pump this guy full."<i></i> She had already been working hard on memorizing who as who in the village--knowing someone's information at a glance could make the difference between salvation and death...but she wasn't quite there yet on the Suna nin. She looked to him as they started wheeling madly through the halls, grabbing her steth and checking his breathing. If the lung got punctured and started filling with fluid, it could complicate his healing and recovery. Randomly infusing chakra was great, but it was usually best to only do that in the most dire of circumstances, chakra infusions could have backfires and complications all their own, but healing penetration wounds like he was currently suffering was a risky business to begin with. She glanced down to him after getting a read on his breathing which for now--thankfully--suggested his lungs were largely intact. If there were any punctures in the lungs, it wasn't filling up with fluid fast enough to be a serious problem at this stage, not with the biggest risk to his life right now being bleeding out. It looked like he could have some severe organ damage, but that could be attended to in short order, death from blood loss was the most important concern.

"Hey, my name is Kendori Shuu and I'll be taking care of you. Can you tell me your name?"<i></i> She kept an open line so that the minute he voiced it and her mic picked it up they would work on pulling his file so they didn't just keep pumping O-neg blood into his body considering how much of a precious commodity the universal donor blood was. She used Coagulation on all the minor cuts to help reduce the bleeding, luckily it could target specific wounds without affecting the main one, which needed some attention before she knit the flesh closed. With all the smaller lacerations taken care of in pretty short order, she turned to the rather deep spear wound, eyeing it carefully and debating treatment options. Best right now would be to keep the patient cogent and talking, even as she applied her Anesthetic Jutsu to help numb the pain at the site of the wound.

"So tell me about yourself, Sunaku-san,"<i></i> she started, having already seen his sand at work, "How long have you been a ninja in Suna? Were you born here or did you come here later with your parents as a kid or even after?"<i></i> Keeping the patient cogent was important, so she would keep the conversation going if for no other reason than his own sake.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He had to say, he didn’t quite appreciate the efficiency of the medic staff of the village...though he guessed the fact lately he didn’t need their assistance was only good for him. Still, he was transported to the Omni Prime facility really quick. One part of him felt a bit guilty that he might be taking away attention from other wounded, but at the same time he was feeling more drained that he'd like. He would just let the doctors do their work.

Once inside the building he heard a somewhat unfamiliar voice radio in with somewhat medically specific lingo (that or she was asking for eggnog in the wrong way... ) as he was settled in one spot. He didn’t know it specifically, yet it seemed like he had heard it somewhere... Moving his head to the side a bit, his feeling would be proven right. He heard it on the battlefield minutes ago, though it was somewhat distant. It was the women who came in and attacked Magnetica soon before him, and then helped one of them in the final assault. Still, he couldn’t really recall seeing her ever before. Which was surprising to him, since he was certain he could catch someone looking as lovely as her from the other side of the village.

Laying on a hospital bed with your stomach open and with probably a lot of blood missing wasn’t an ideal circumstance for meeting someone. Still, trying to talk probably was better than getting lost in his slightly silly thoughts. Speaking a bit weakly at first but trying to speak up soon he said "Ha..Harupia. Sunaku Harupia. Pleased to meet you mam, in spite of the circumstance" mustering up a small smile towards the purple haired medic. As the next question came, he took a moment to think before saying "Ten years...going towards eleven soon. My entire career in the Suna...all my life really. Born and raised here, underground, though I tend to see the dun somewhat often... though I really wish that soon we'll be able to enjoy it every day, as it should be..." He shook his head slightly, trailing off into a bit of rambling. At least he felt like that. After that he spoke up again "How about you, If I may ask? I don’t recall seeing you before today, and I do pride myself as a keen observer" he concluded with a smile, chuckling gently, a bit worried that him moving would cause some kind of complication. He didn’t want to be a problematic patient after all.

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When he spoke Shuu started heard a staffer on the other end of her comm start pulling his file.

"Sunaku Harupia. Type-Aee-Bee-Negative. Pulling extra units to replace the Oh-neg. File says he's had no major issues, healthy check-ups, never needed a serious run to the hospital." Shuu clicked her mic twice to signify an affirmative, meanwhile keeping an eye on Harupia as the IV team came in and slipped a needle into his arm for his infusion. With blood running into his system the question was if he was bleeding faster than he was taking in blood. Setting it to infuse as fast as possible considering how much he'd already lost, she remained calm and had an expression of peaceful concentration. She'd been doing this for over twenty years and so she never missed a beat, carrying on a friendly conversation while she examined the wound. She knew her stuff, that much was blatantly obvious.

"You must be a very dedicated shinobi, Sunaku-san. I'm glad you get to see the sun somewhat regularly. I think everyone else around the world takes the sun for granted, considering that the Sunaans have had to live without it for quite a while now. It was when I was still a young shinobi that I heard rumor of Suna moving underground, you know. I remember when Sand was a village of surface dwellers."<i></i> She grinned. She'd never been there herself before they moved under, but she'd heard of them. Back then the move underground made them seem desperate and afraid. Now it was simply a way of life. Strange how things could change.

"If you want to move to the surface, I really suggest you speak with Sousuke-kun. He's very understanding like that. You might be able to work with him to find a solution."<i></i> Parts of both his colon and pancreas were damaged, and in a way that would be difficult to heal naturally. Weaving some chakra she focused her healing efforts on Regenerating the pancreas with one hand, calling out to the nurses present.

"You, get me a needle and thread. You, he's going septic. I need some suction in here to get the waste out before it infiltrates to his other systems."<i></i>

"Right away." The nurses chimed. The first back was with the needle and thread, already set up, and she began her work with her free hand. Partway through the other nurse returned with a suction tube and began slurping out the bodily waste before it entered his circulation system, even as she repaired the colon wall by stitching it closed. The pancreas took only a few seconds to finish regenerating, and while she could have used it to patch up the colon, she wanted to keep chakra infusion to a minimum in case of complications, so she was doing it the old-fashioned way. She glanced over her shoulder at another nurse.

"Keep his bags fresh, this one's almost out."<i></i> The nurse nodded and moved to grab a bag of AB-Negative blood to replace the one he'd burned through.As she continued her needlework she spoke to try and keep him talking.

"You're right, I'm fairly new. I'm actually from Kiri, but due to a catastrophe Kiri and her surrounding lands are now an uninhabitable ice country."<i></i> She was trying not to focus on her hurt and kept her voice easily neutral. It was becoming easier to talk about already. Shuu was nothing if not adapable. " I'm a former Medical Sennin from Kiri you see, and when I arrived here and Sousuke-kun offered me refugee status, I offered to help out to pay my way. He accepted. The Medical Branch was floundering a bit without a leader so I kinda...unofficially took over, until someone prepared and capable could step into the job. So most days I can be found here at some point, but I have been spending time learning Suna, too. You got any hopping bars or eateries you suggest?"<i></i> she asked with a grin. Keep him talking, that was what he needed. Keep him cogent and from descending into shock. They were likely past that, but shock was a tricky thing, and could happen under strange circumstances, sometimes.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, this was going extremely well...at least he hoped so. He wasn’t really expecting to have a conversation with a lovely lady while in the hospital...he was more expecting to get knocked out cold and that wake up sore and stitched up. He assumed that him not being asleep was needed in some way...or perhaps he just knew less about medical matters then he'd though. After she responded to him he would say "Oh, I know Sousuke quite well. I was fortunate enough to befriend our dear Steward...sadly, were still stumped when it comes to dealing with the Maelstrom ever since the Sunahoshi left...as hard as me and my clan are trying. But I’m sure we'll think of something sooner later...I hope so." He fell silent for a bit, his mood always dipping a bit as he thought about the Maelstrom... Someday he'd be able to tame it... Someday.

As he mused about the surface Shuu went on with her work, requesting more blood and some sewing materials, with him wincing just slightly as she started to mend the wounds with them. Heh, being stitched up like a doll... Soon after she responded to his own inquiry, and the answer was quite...surprising to say the least. And it rose a slew of other questions. He once again spoke up "I...I am sorry. Just a few months back there was a demonic presence which attacked Suna...And It destroyed the building which used to be the Medical Centre. The new center is of course wonderful in its own right but...I’ve seen the old Tower fall, as I tried to save anyone I could... Knowing how I felt then, I can only imagine what you are going through...Now, this might be a bit of an obvious question given that he entrusted you with this position, but you must know Sousuke quite well right?" he asked steering away from the less comfortable subject. At her question he rose a brow gently before saying "Hopping bar's... Well, I think I know pretty much every place worth visiting in Suna. I'd be glad to show you them whenever I’ll be allowed to get up." he concluded, meeting her grin with his own wide smile.

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she worked she noticed his pressure was dropping, but not for lack of a blood infusion. Realizing why she glanced up and let out a soft curse that would--and had in the past--make sailor's blush.

"Nurse! I told you to keep his bags full! You've bolused his saline, and now it's dry. Get another one running for crying out loud!"<i></i>

"Right away, Sensei." Shuu looked down at Harupia with a very faint bead of sweat forming along her brow.

"Hard to find good help these days, know what I mean?"<i></i> she joked, then listened as he spoke on knowing Sousuke. She nodded and grinned, even as she finished suturing the intestinal wall. Once that was done she snipped the thread and pulled his wound closed with a few more sutures. The shattered chestbone and ribs left his chest cavity compromised, and so he needed to have those bones regenerated, and some rudimentary knitting of muscle and flesh over that to keep the wound closed so he could recover...but one thing at a time, she began repairing the damaged bone now that she was done in his chest cavity. She needed to keep him talking to ensure his concussion didn't throw him into a coma nor shock drop his body into a code blue though, so she continued the conversation casually, even as she repaired the severe damage to the man's chest.

"It is a pretty hopeless feeling, but if there's one thing I've been taught how to do it's survive. This too shall pass,"<i></i> she smiled, though it didn't reach all the way to her cerulean eyes. "But in spite of that I'm sorry for your own loss. I know how hard it is to deal with such a thing, especially being unable to help those you've already lost. My deepest condolences."<i></i> If anyone could understand that pain, it was the caring medical woman who had lost everything and everyone she had grown up knowing. "I can't say I know Sousuke-kun perfectly, but I've got a pretty good read on him, and I forsee us getting to know eachother even better in the future, why do you ask?"<i></i> As the bones finished repairing and knitting together--a painful process because bone pain is really one of the worst kinds of pain, hence the anesthetic she'd put into his system before starting--she heard what she knew would inevitably lead to a pickup line. She'd heard enough of them in her day...but to be fair she had kinda opened herself up for that one.

"One thing at a time, slugger, lets get you off the operating table and into a recovery bed first, mmkay?"<i></i> Even as the muscle began to knit closed, she did not heal it completely, only enough to hold the wound together--ditto for the skin. It was important that she not overload his system on foreign chakra if it could be avoided. Too many medics used it as a catch-all, and sometimes it cameback to bite them in the ass. Shuu was not one of those medics."Almost done here, "<i></i> she mused, beginning to wrap binding bandages around his chest to aid in keeping it from ripping open.

"You're gonna be on bedrest for at least two weeks, Sunaku-san, and then only very light duty after that for another month. I can write you a doctor's note if you need it,"<i></i> she joked, Turning to the nurses.

"Finish making sure his pressure goes up using the last of these bags, then switch him to just a nutrient drip. His intestine won't be able to handle solids for at least two weeks while it heals. Liquid only, then he can move to soft solids for another two weeks."<i></i> The nurse was copying down the orders furiously in her chart, as Shuu turned to face Harupia.

"That's pretty much it, Sunaku-san...they'll be wheeling you into a recovery room shortly. I don't want you out of bed for any reason for at least a week so you have time to heal. Don't be stubborn or a hero, you'll only reopen your wound. I have some paperwork to finish up, other than that I'll be by tomorrow morning to make sure you're recovering smoothly, then every two days after that."<i></i> She gave him a grin and put her hand on his shoulder.

"It was a pleasure working on you. Be sure to take it easy, got it? Any other questions?"<i></i> She waited to see if he had any further issues that needed attending to before he was wheeled off to get some rest in recovery, otherwise she'd be by the next day to check on him.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru was a bit surprised as he heard Shuu rise her voice at one of the nurses and then quipped about it a brief second latter. It always surprised him to see anyone shift in their mood like that...he guessed it came with holding a leadership position, you needed to keep everyone disciplined. Besides, the first time he did see her she was delivering what was probably a jaw breaking punch to someone who could chuck steel beams with her mind...not a person to trifle with indeed. He remained silent as she spoke about the loss of her village and her relationship with Sousuke, only wincing slightly as she worked on mending his wounds. It was a brief jolt, but he could only imagine how he'd be feeling if he wasn’t under proper care. After she stopped he would say "Thank you, but as you said, it something we must live with. And I was simply surprised about Sousuke having a friend from another village...then again he does know a lot of fascinating individuals" he pounder, still remembering the diner party he helped him organize...at least he now knew that their leader had more down to earth friends outside of the village as well. There was still a weird feeling with a foreigner leading their Division, but she was clearly a master in her craft, and she risked her life to help in the fight early on. And really, Harupia wasn’t mistrustful by nature...weather that was good or bad thing would be probably debatable.

Hearing her reaction to his offer did lead to a bit of a chuckle as he said "Sounds reasonable I suppose. My apologies if I came of as to forward, I simply would like to have a chance to properly thank you for your help." he concluded with a smile. It wasn’t really meant as him trying to hit on her, though it would be a lie to say she wasn’t an attractive women. He listened careful to what she had to say afterword. Two weeks in bed... ehh, he always hated lying down sick like this. Then again, he had to been messed up pretty badly if he couldn’t even eat properly...adrenaline really did numb pain. As she asked for any questions he shook his head smiling up at her and saying "I think I understand everything. I’ll try my best to be a good patient...though it’s been a while since I was on a sick leave like this, hehe. Thank you once again Kendori-San. I hope the rest of your day moves along more smoothly...I think we all need a bit of a break. Till tommorow then" he concluded as the nurses helped him get into the wheelchair before he was moved to the recovery room. He hoped there would be some paper and a pencil there, or that he could ask a nurse to supply him with that... if he was to lay in bed for two week's he at least could work on some sketch ideas...

(Exit)

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shuu grinned as Harupia spoke more on Sousuke.

"Actually, I'd never met Sousuke-kun before coming here. It was actually Uri-boya....sorry, Kuroda Uri, whom I met before. He and I became fast friends and he said I should come visit. When my own home went belly-up so to speak, the only thing I could think of to fall back on was Uri-boya's offer...so I came here. The rest you know."<i></i> When he apologized for his forwardness Shuu laughed and waved it off as nothing.

"Don't even worry about it. I honestly prefer directness to people being secretive and suspicious, so it didn't even phase me."<i></i> When he offered to be a good patient, Shuu grinned wickedly.

"If you do, I'll do my best to ensure that a particularly attractive nurses assistant is on shift when its time for your sponge baths. Thank you for worrying about my day, but you currently have bigger things to worry about...like gaping holes in one's chest cavity,"<i></i> she joked teasily, then grabbed a clipboard to sign off on her orders. "Be good, Sunaku-san, and get well soon."<i></i> While it was true she had much more to do, if nothing else this was certainly memorable...getting hit on while in the middle of patching up his open chest cavity. Some men were quite amusing indeed.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back