Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Meeting a star or something [Uri]

Azai Momotaro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy smiled as he shook the hands of the older man, it looked like he and Shizuka somehow managed to put the rough start behind their backs now. It was a good thing, Momo could stand to learn from as many people perspectives as he can. He was about to say something, only to be interrupted by the sound of Ryo and Anya giggling at each other, there was definitely something there but sadly Momo was way too young to think deeply about it. So he just focused on the one thing that interested him the most, the delicious smell of the food Ryo carried.

“welcome back Ryo-san, Anya-chan. And yes we did, Shizuka is better than I initially gave him credit for, I kind of see the appeal to this type of music now. And sure thing Anya-chan, I would like to eat your cooking, I bet it will be tasty.”

The boy said as Shizuka patted his head, the boy looked annoyed he did not want to be looked at as a young kid anymore but he said nothing. The boy turned his head towards Anya as he followed her, he did not expect to hang around those people for as long as he did, life is quite surprising. Momo followed her outside and once he was there, Ryo wanted him to bring the cooler closer. Which he then went and did, being restricted to just one arm seemed to have not stopped the boy from lifting anything he wanted to carry.

The boy then sat next to Anya and tapped her in the shoulder, if he was going to enjoy dinner with them might as well ask a question he always wanted to ask to adults.

“excuse me I hope I am not crossing a line, but why did you decide to do this ? what made you think this the career path for you ? and why are you not a shinobi ?” The boy asked with a genuinely curious face.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was nothing more than a group of friends hanging out at the backyard for a good barbecue, and tonight’s special guest was a new friend in the face of Little Mo. Ryo already got the ember starting with a big thanks to his fire jutsu. He then went to get the first few slabs of meat and began to grill.

At this time, Little Mo seemed rather interested in their rather strange tale of life. Anya could only smirk when he spoke and sat down on the bean bag next to the curious young lad, bringing a finger to her lips as she began to think before smiling. “It’s a very long story, Little Mo,” she began as she glanced at him first, before looking out to Ryo by the grill. “I mean, I used to be a really good shinobi. In fact, I was quite the hardworking chuunin from the main branch, and I had pride in my line of work, especially if I were ever to be sent to the field with my team. But… things happened along the way. Sometimes, even when you’re the strongest, life still makes you feel helpless. Honestly, when I first met Shizuka, it was because he was part of the medical branch who came to our rescue. And well, I was quite the train wreck after a mission, to the point I preferred the silence and security of the hospital. It was there where I heard him first sing. Even if it wasn’t for me, I still felt as though he was speaking to me.”

“And then, she got a huge crush on our Soul Prince,” Ryo teased while waving the tong and grabbing one of the ribs to start grilling as well.

“Well, what’s not to like? Cute, dark-haired, mysterious and soothing voice. He was like an angel… except that the first thing he told me was that I was running away like a coward.”

Ryo couldn’t contain his laughter at that remark before feigning to cough and resume cooking when he saw Anya glare daggers at him. “Anyway, he ended up becoming my therapist and slowly I got better. To be honest, as time went on, I just wanted to come see him to listen to him sing but when he said I was using him as a means of escaping reality, I knew he was right. I needed to face my future. It didn’t happen overnight, but I did decide that I would do something that was similar to what he was doing. I wanted others to hear his songs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still part of the Main Branch, just in the reserves for now. And when I’m not helping Shizuka arrange his scheduling for his music activities, I’m usually just working to keep all instruments alive. I happen to have a gift for that, and so sometimes other people would call for my services to take a look at their guitar, or flute, or piano, so on. But always remembering what he did for me, I also want to be there to make sure he gets a break from all the stress and just enjoy what he loves best which is music.”

“And then, I just met Ryo during one of the gigs because he was just too loud and making a ruckus in the crowd.”

“Heh! I was young back then. I didn’t know shit. As far as I was concerned, the guy was just a showoff. Though now I’m the one showing him off to others. Ahahaha. Things have changed,” added Ryo.

Meanwhile, as Shizuka was placing the plates and mugs into a tray, he suddenly sneezed. He knew then, that they were talking about him, making him sigh.

“Why, Little Mo? Are you scared about your future? It’s alright. You don’t need to worry too far ahead. Just take it on in strides.”

Azai Momotaro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momotaro listened silently to Anya’s story, leaning towards her in order to pay extra attention to what she was about to say. The boy was shocked to learn that she used to be a shinobi, before he could wonder what made her stop he got the answer, it was unclear what happened to her but he could tell it was not dissimilar to the thing he ran into but probably on a larger scale. What surprised him the most, was that the one who saved her was non other than Shizuka. Not only that but Anya even had a crush ? wait what is a crush ?

“umm what is a crush and why was it on Shizuka ?”

The boy did not want to interrupt people, but he had to ask. Aside from that he kept listening, Shizuka helped her find her purpose in life, it was a lovely story, a bit sad but things ended up well for Anya. That brought up a little smile on his face, seeing how the three of them were close was great, made him wonder if he will have friends like these one day. But before he could think about what might be, he was asked a question by Anya, turning towards her the boy tilted his head and thought about it, was he scared about his future or no ?

“I am not sure actually, I know I want to be one of the greatest shinobi in Kumogakure, but I also wonder when I grow up will I have time for my family. Like I want to get married one day, just like my dad and mom, but my brain hurts when I try to think that far ahead. I was just wondering when do people know what they want to do, see if I can learn something.”

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryo couldn’t help but laugh at Momo’s innocence. Anya shot the guy a deathly glare before she turned back to address Little Mo. “It’s okay. A crush is that weird feeling you suddenly get when you meet someone you like. Like butterflies in your tummy. You then have this urge to want to be with that person all the time, and yet when you’re together, you end up becoming shy and embarrassed and just want to disappear. It’s really complicated and I’m quite glad Shizuka didn’t feel awkward about it back then to be honest. Who knows what would have happened if he learned about it?”

“Learn about what?” Asked Shizuka very suddenly as he appeared behind them, carrying the tray of plates and mugs and staring at each of them. He then set the tray down on the makeshift table in front of the beanbag chairs.

Anya was about to go red as a tomato but quickly glared at Ryo who erupted into more boisterous laughter. She then seemed to want to go over and punch him a couple times, while the latter was trying to plead that the meat being grilled would be wasted if they end up quarreling.

As for Shizuka, he took this moment to hand a mug to Momo and get one for himself as well before heading over to the drinks and opening one of the large bottle of chuuhai - a sort of fruity mix with a bit of alcohol in it. Not too much buzz, just enough to give it a taste or sort. He then looked back to Momo and was about to offer but then remembered that the boy may not exactly be old enough just yet. So he grabbed a cola and reached it out in front of Momo.

“If your head hurts about thinking of the future, that just means you’re the type to enjoy the present. You don’t have to change that about you. Just go at your own pace. Sure, there are some benefits to thinking ahead, but sometimes when you plan too much, you end up realizing things don’t really go as planned, and you’ll just be frustrated,” said Shizuka as he then took a seat on one of the beanbags closest to Momo, staring at his other two friends were now whispering to each other, and grilling the meat intently and carefully.

He glances up to the late-afternoon sky and saw the changing orange sky, wondering how time could move so fast. “So, what are you after? Everyone has a goal and though they talk about it so simply, there’s always something they can’t say, right? It’s not to grant world peace, is it?”

Azai Momotaro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momotaro starred at Ryo, his glare was in tandem with Anya’s was a funny coincidence but Momo, quickly left Ryo to Anya. He then paid close attention to what Anya described, it was weird, Momo never felt something like that before. He just shrugged it off as something that adults feel, so he sadly won’t be feeling it any time soon probably. However he was still interested in the subject, sadly he did not get to ask anymore questions about the topic, as Shizuka came and interrupted the conversation.

Momo however noticed how red Anya’s face got, figured its one of the symptoms of this crush thing. He just watched as Anya left to go to Ryo, leaving him alone with Shizuka once again. He just sad idly by as the older man handed him a mug, he was about to turn down any type of alcohol but luckily Shizuka knew that he should give him something else. And then he commented on his nature, and maybe Shizuka was right.

“yeah you might be right, but here is the thing. I worry that other kids my age know what they want, and I am just here doing nothing of import you know. I have some ideas, but I am not strong enough to do them yet. But still besides that, my goals feel kinda hollow now. Its so confusing.” Momo said as he drank his cola, looking back at the glass.

“oh no, I don’t think world peace is within my capabilities right now, my goal is really simple and selfish. I want to prove that I do not need talent to become the best and strong. I will become the hokage and become super famous and then go to the academy and tell all the kids there to never give up on their dreams, and always work hard. But man this is really hard, lots of a lot strong people out there. And a lot of different ways of getting strong.” Momo said as he finished his mug and extend his arm, looking at Shizuaka asking him for a refill.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shizuka couldn’t help but smile as Momo talked about his concerns. The boy was rather ordinary, and Shizuka was glad. He had been a bit worried earlier when he first saw him with a broken arm and to learn that he was a shinobi. He knew that kids these days have always been eager to prove themselves and he hoped the kid wouldn’t be too reckless. But hearing his concerns, Shizuka couldn’t help but feel a little closer to the kid.

“It’s alright,” said Shizuka after sipping and then leaning back on the beanbag and holding the cup with both hands over his lap. “I was like that too when I was younger. It’s frustrating when you see the people around you having their so-called destiny playing out before you. Sometimes, it makes you feel as if everyone had a fate, except you. But you shouldn’t force it. It’ll just come to you, eventually.”

He paused for a moment as the sweet aromatic scent of the grilled meat began to waft through the air around them. Anya and Ryo were now making small flirting gestures to each other as they kept a low conversation by the grill. Shizuka smiled before he glanced back to Momo. “Say, Momo. If you don’t mind. Would you be my friend? It’s not everyday I could easily make new acquaintances like this… not to mention your music is very sweet and uplifting. I’d like to surround myself with people whose music I really admire.”

He raised his cup to make a small cheers towards the boy. “And yes, that’s my prediction of your future right there. It won’t be long before you become someone important yet you’ll always stay simple and warm. Your melody would still be this endless sky, and the wind the blows across the sky without restraint. Then you’ll be able to take flight.”

Azai Momotaro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momotaro hands were usually busy when he talked to others, he could never keep them steady they have to be always do something, but now that one is broken there was nothing he could about it. Listening to Shizuka’s advice, the boy thought that the man was right, maybe he was to be patient and his goal in life will be clear to Momo. Nodding his head, the boy was paying attention, he thought that maybe there is something to learn today.

“Yeah you are probably right, Shizuka. But I can’t help but feel impatient you know ? I want to do somethings and be somebody, but I will have to wait for my arm to heal then get back to training. For now I guess I will get to know the people of the village more, maybe realize somethings that have been in front of me this whole time.”

He said as he leaned back wards and used his good arm to support his body, the boy was shocked by Shizuka’s statement, it was a bit strange. “yeah sure I mean as far as I am concerned we are already friends aren’t we ?” the boy asked as he raised his eyebrow, he wanted to know how Shizuka sees music, that was a weird thing that got Momo curious.

“haha I hope you are right, if I ever become someone important like say Jounin or something, I think I will spend most of my time roaming the village. But before I think about that I must attain more strength, there are a lot of strong people out there, and I wont fall back.” Momo said with a fierce determined look on his face, but he then turned back to Shizuka. “oh wait that reminds, I will have to leave after eating food, where can I find you guys again, should I just come back here or is there a better place ?”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back