Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Meeting of the Deep Court [Private]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]As Michi reached out and verbally antagonized Kaito more, Katsuo let his temper get the best of him. There was a momentary warning as the air suddenly energized and was filled with the distinct scent of ozone before sparks flew and there was an angry clap of thunder as Katsuo slammed his fist into the wooden bar of the establishment. Wood splintered and scorched as the mundane furniture was obliterated by his outburst. The sound of the blast and the resulting shockwave dwarfed Michi's words so that only the statement of "Sunahoshi Katsuo you are the intended king" could have been heard before his anger silenced the rest.

"You don't get it, do you? You say things like I am the destined king but then you refuse to listen to what I have to say. You think that you know better than me so no matter what I say you just do whatever you want."

Katsuo was at his wit's end with Michi. He understood that he could not expect her to disregard her nature because that was something that she was no longer capable of doing even if she wanted to but the games she was playing with the other members of the Cabal went beyond her nature. She wasn't manipulating Kaito because her nature was forcing her to do so, she was doing it because she thought she knew what was best for them and believed that Katsuo was too naive to accomplish the goals that he had of unraveling the Ishii Regime. He understood what it was like to be chained to the nature of an ancient through the memories of Mikaboshi -- to be so much more than human but at the same time limited. But Michi wasn't the same as that. She was partially human and though she lacked the power of true Choice in the way that mortal men and women had she could feel many of the different things that an ancient could not.

"What you want from me is a king that takes what he wants without thought or respect to others. But have you given any thought to what that might look like? How closely that might resemble the man that calls himself the Wind Daimyo that you hate so much? What is the point of even fighting this battle if you only become what you sought to defeat in the first place?"

Reaching down, Katsuo rested his hand on Kaito's shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze as a crackle of energy danced down his wrist and across his knuckles. The energy would penetrate through the cloth of Katsuo's coat with ease and slip into his body, buoying his constitution for the time being. He would not change Kaito without the older man's permission and at this point given Michi's revelation he needed to ensure that Kaito would put the mission first before trying to have some kind of revenge on Michi for her choice to keep information from him.

"A king who has no respect for his people isn't a king. He's a monster. And a foolish one at that. Even Mikaboshi, limited as he was by his own nature like you are now, understood the value of his subjects and comrades."

Katsuo did not say anything further about her but he was speaking of the woman that was killed at the hands of the first Kazekage and his Four Winds of the King which signaled the destruction of the Deep Court. Mikaboshi was a creature which was quintessentially of the shadows and that made him a creature which was predisposed towards the obfuscation of the truth and reality. He spoke in half-truths and riddles but the level to which those half-truths were harmless fragments of the truth and which were truly dangerous pit-falls was always his.

"You think that as long as you can accomplish your goal it doesn't matter who gets hurt along the way because your cause is a righteous one and you're ready to die anyway so the consequences don't matter."

Katsuo was shouting now and the bar shook with every syllable as the air itself thundered with the sound of his voice. Just as Michi had seen into Mikaboshi, so too had Mikaboshi seen into Michi when he'd transformed her into the state she was now and because of their connection those memories were available to Katsuo. He felt keenly her sense of nihilism towards herself believing that so long as she could see her goal completed that it didn't matter what happened to her because she was no longer bound to Nao the way that she had been before Mikaboshi had freed her.

"But that's short sighted. When it's all said and done and we've killed all the bad guys -- what do we do with the people who became monsters so we could win? Kill them too? What about us? What should be done with the monsters that we ourselves become? Quietly die off so the next generation of monsters can take over? The only way things change is if we change them and that starts with making the choice to be above depraved tactics like this but you're so jaded you can't see that."|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUcZBcP8D0E]BGM[/url]]"]
uNJ6AU.png

Sunahoshi Katsuo - The Last Sunahoshi
dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]
w6Ay9G.png

Naganisa
|
oDr0kyl.png

Michi
|
7DfTq77.jpg

Kaito
[/col3]

Kaito was absolutely going to kill her. She had done the one thing that he could not forgive. It was not a momentary lapse in judgement, the sort of thing he could forgive. A moment of hubris, of ego, of thoughtless action. That was what happened with Naganisa, as misguided as it was he could forgive her. He could even forgive her for her attempt to strip him of his humanity. These were mere moments in a friendship that had lasted between them for decades. Decades where she had proved herself to be a dedicated friend and a great ally or so he thought. He was wrong. She had been misleading them for years through omission. She did not lie, she never told them that she knew what the source of the storm was. She let them believe what she wanted them to believe, or at least that was how he saw it. Why would she let them -think- that the Diamyo was innocent. That the only villains were the Sunans, they were not innocent for their complacency and deserved his ire but it paled in comparison to the Diamyo's contribution. Of course he did not know the whole story, she was still holding back because it benefited her. Kaito never questioned why she disappeared all those years ago or where she found that massive homicidal ginger. That there were some secrets she could not share if she wanted to survive. That she felt guilt about being a contributing factor in not only the attack against Sunagakure but their hatred and psychological torment. That she was an observer to her friends plight and their descent into viscous madness. She wished she could take it all back, she really did but she was scared. She did not want to die, not because she feared death -- she looked forward to the end of this mortal coil. It was the fate that waited for her after death when Nao reanimated her like the Sunahoshi.

"You don't get it, do you? You say things like I am the destined king but then you refuse to listen to what I have to say. You think that you know better than me so no matter what I say you just do whatever you want."

What Kaito said to her was overpowered by Katsuo's outburst. His hand crashed into the bar. Splinters sprayed about the damaged wooden bar, the scorched damaged wood that remained let off a thin stream of smoke that twisted into oblivion. It was not a singular betrayal but something she perpetuated each an every single day. He could not trust her. He blamed her for his misguided hatred of Sunagakure and he delayed vengeance against the Diamyo for the life Shiro has stolen from him.

"Because there will be no second chance... you will not have the option of regrouping and consolidating your power twice!" She debated although her words likely fell on deaf ears. But wasn't that an Oracle's role: to know better. Did he really think he could take down an army by himself? He needed allies, an army. He needed to stop following 'the rules.' The rules of engagement would muddy not only his offense but also his defense. He needs to get stronger and he needs more powerful allies by any means necessary. "Six people were able to subjugate Sunagakure because they did not follow the formal rules of engagement." She would try to remind him, the reason the Cabal was successful was because they were monsters. They did not concern themselves with ethics, playing fair or doing the right thing.

"What you want from me is a king that takes what he wants without thought or respect to others. But have you given any thought to what that might look like? How closely that might resemble the man that calls himself the Wind Daimyo that you hate so much? What is the point of even fighting this battle if you only become what you sought to defeat in the first place?"

He was right, she was not going about this the 'right' way but war is not polite, it did not take turns and perceived 'ethic' was a luxury for winners. His stubbornness was agitating her. Katsuo's hand clapped on Kaito's shoulder, he would feel the seething man beneath him. "Just. Get. It. Over. With." Kaito announced through gritted teeth. He steadied himself for what he assumed would be terrible pain. He did not struggle, he did not run. Humanity meant nothing to him without life because life was necessary to take away hers. She was right, he would accept the Dark Court's curse because he hated her and he would use the vitality he regained to end her life.

"A king who has no respect for his people isn't a king. He's a monster. And a foolish one at that. Even Mikaboshi, limited as he was by his own nature like you are now, understood the value of his subjects and comrades."

This was not her limitation that compelled her but rather her choice. She stood at attention, her stance shifted restlessly in case his passions consumed him and decided to solve this disagreement in

"You think that as long as you can accomplish your goal it doesn't matter who gets hurt along the way because your cause is a righteous one and you're ready to die anyway so the consequences don't matter."

She stopped caring a long time ago.

"But that's short sighted. When it's all said and done and we've killed all the bad guys -- what do we do with the people who became monsters so we could win? Kill them too? What about us? What should be done with the monsters that we ourselves become? Quietly die off so the next generation of monsters can take over? The only way things change is if we change them and that starts with making the choice to be above depraved tactics like this but you're so jaded you can't see that."</B><i></i>

<B>"Do you honestly think I am enjoying this?" Michi finally replied. "That I want to be the villain in this encounter... but you will not win if you try to fight a monster like him fair." This was not something only an Oracle could see, it was the truth. How can you defeat someone who is willing to ransom innocents, torture and maim enemies. How can you win without becoming a monster. Becoming the very thing you hate. She was willing to go down that rabbit hole as far and as deep as she had to because she had to win. But Katsuo was right on one thing, at the end of all of this he would become as bad as the Diamyo and she would have to kill him. She could not allow history to repeat itself.

Phrasing was important.

"I overstepped," she leaned forward with a graceful sweeping motion reminiscent of the Deep Court Lord Ancient himself with an arm behind her back. "My apologies my Lord and King," her other had palm skyward glided towards him as her gaze never left him. She was watching, calculating. "I will follow the rules of engagement and abide by the laws both old and new -- not a single death by my hand less in defense of my life or that of an ally. My nature cannot be denied, I am duplicitous in nature but... I do not want to be. I cannot promise something that will contradict my nature." She stood up. "The only thing I can promise is that I will disseminate everything I know on a particular subject when asked. It will always be shaded by my lens, but the information will always be complete. Your only requirement... ask the right question."

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]"I know better than most that bad guys don't fight fair, Michi. I've spent most of my adult life fighting things just like Shiro Ichii. Maybe you don't know this about me but they once called me the Iron Wolf. I don't know why they did-- it was just some stupid name they came up with for me."

He rarely talked about his days as the Iron Wolf. Rarely even thought about them, these days. In those days he'd considered himself a mercenary monster hunter. He specialized in the supernatural corner of things thanks to the training from his mother and his clan but often times the threats he faced were just men with evil hearts. Sometimes they had darker powers aligned behind them but just as often they didn't. In those days Katsuo hadn't had much in the way of mercy for men like that. In each of them he saw the reason that his father had been taken from him. He saw them as the injustice of the cruel world made manifest and he punished them accordingly. He was by no means a bloodthirsty fighter but he never missed an opportunity to purge one more tainted soul from the world.

"I killed a lot of people back then. Warlords, kidnappers, bandits. I had a thing I used to say-- an old Ranger creed that I read in a book someplace when I was young and impressionable --and it went something like "Good is that which Evil fears and justice is when those fears are made reality". And if you heard those words, that meant your ass."

Katsuo looked to the floor as he spoke. There was still a lot of blood on his hands from those years. Each and every life he'd taken had been a life that visited misery and pain on those around them but he couldn't help but look back at those days and wonder how many of them he could have saved instead of killed. A lot of times he was fighting other young men around his age who had turned to crime or villainy just to get by. Or worse they were raised to believe that the violent way they led their lives was the only way to live. Katsuo understood that it was only an exercise to look back at past events and punish himself for "what ifs" but the disappointment and remorse he felt for those years of his life certainly informed the way he lived his life in the present and going forward.

"Back then I always thought it meant that the guilty were to be punished without question. But eventually something changed that made me re-think my position on that saying. Evil doesn't necessarily fear demise because true evil is pervasive. It isn't something you can see or touch or feel. Or even destroy, for that matter. What evil fears the most is that goodness will triumph. That love will overcome hate. That happiness will overcome sorrow. Really what that saying meant wasn't what I thought at all. What the person who wrote that saying was trying to communicate is that the only way good triumphs is when those who fight for it choose not to let their vision be clouded by hate."

It had taken the death of someone very special to Katsuo to understand that truth. When Katsuo had faced the fact that Mikaboshi became what he was due to the loss of a friend that was very close to him, it had endeared the ancient creature to him somewhat. He understood that pain. It was perhaps the one piece of common ground between them that they could understand each other. Neither of them could ever forget that particular mixture of self-deprecating anger and powerlessness and in a way it was perhaps what had brought them together in the first place. Crouching down, Katsuo attempted to held Kaito to his feet-- putting one of the older man's arms around his shoulder and hefting him upwards if necessary. He did not intend to give Kaito the power he was asking for -- not yet, anyway. They needed to have a more personal chat about responsibility before he let slip that particular dog of war.

"It isn't a sin to fight for the right reasons. Some bad people just gotta get fought and that's just it. But you can't save anybody by letting yourself get swallowed up by the very thing that you're fighting. I learned that the hard way. You go on and do what you gotta do sweetheart but I want you to remember something about those six people that brought Sunagakure to it's knees."

Looking back to Michi as he got back to his feet, whether he was helping to carry Kaito or not, Katsuo gave her a hard look.

"Half of them are only breathing because of my rules that you can't seem to stand. That goes double for your boss, too."

Sousuke had wanted to kill all of them. Execute them where they lay. But Katsuo had engaged the then-Steward of Sunagakure in a very similar debate as they were having right now. Everyone in this damn country was so convinced in their righteousness that they were ready to kill anyone and everyone that wronged them. But methods like that could only serve to breed more hatred and in the end by choosing not to kill them but convince them to put aside their differences Katsuo had gained powerful allies. By recruiting them he'd learned what they knew about the Diamond Maelstrom and used that knowledge to bring an end to that disaster and lay the desecrated remains of his uncle to rest.

Then again just recently Katsuo had done something similar by recruiting Mikaboshi to his side, even if temporarily. He recognized that not every foe was a potential friend in waiting, Katsuo knew that there would be men and women who could not be turned from their path. That much was inevitable. But he owed it not just to them but to himself to make the attempt. Moving to leave the establishment, Katsuo would gesture for Kaito and Naganisa to come with him. If Michi wished, she could join them as well -- he wouldn't stop her -- but he doubted that Kaito really wanted to see much of her right this second and he hoped that at least something he'd said to her would get through fair enough for her to actually think about it. Katsuo was not a smart man but he was experienced. He'd seen what reckless hatred could do to a person many times over in the past and each and every time it had ended in tragedy. At a certain point, a person had to ask themselves: "What if we could avoid that, this time?"

"Think about that and I'll see you around, Michi."

[Attempting to Leave Topic with Naganisa and Kaito]|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUcZBcP8D0E]BGM[/url]]"]
uNJ6AU.png

Sunahoshi Katsuo - The Last Sunahoshi
dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col][/quote]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]
w6Ay9G.png

Naganisa
|
oDr0kyl.png

Michi
|
7DfTq77.jpg

Kaito
[/col3]

Their time together was coming to an end. Michi frustrated him and she knew it. Would he have liked her better before when she was subjugated beneath Nao's will? She was less outspoken and while independent grossly compliant. Sadly her needs changed when she was liberated from Nao's influence and her damaged nature was replaced with that of a Deep Court native. One could never be truly free of compulsions, of want and of need. Her life had been stolen from her, her chance to carve out a life of her choosing taken away during her youth. She would never have a family or friends, even with the promise of a protracted existence she knew better than to get stary-eyed over the prospect of having a new life to live. The monsters that made her what she was and forced her to become what she was today needed to be stopped. Yes they also needed to pay for their crimes but her vendetta was not about her. She was willing to live out her life in the desert exploring ruins and finding lost, forgotten treasures away from him. She could still run, make it to Kiri in a week and carve out a new life and pick a new name surrounded by people who did not know her. She could but she would not.

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Well, she was going to burn.

She needed to stop Ishii Shiro no matter the cost, even if she became a monster in the process. He was not going to relent. He was not going to wait his turn or play fair. It would be ironic that she might be the one who killed him after all and there was a large part of her that wanted desperately for things to be different. Her kill count was zero and continued to be but her lack of intervention has cost the lives of thousands. Her failure would cost the lives of thousands more. Her hands were clean but her soul was marred with blame. She let Katsuo finish what he had to say, she stood at attention never moving. This was one of the many difficult things that would have to come to pass.

"Understood Masashi Katsuo."

Naganisa had remained quiet during their tiff, she was fascinated by her hand and then her boobs. She peered down her own shirt and gave the girls a confused and impressed look. That was before she noticed the green hair, she punched the lovely verdant strands between her fingertips and lifted a lock eye level. "Oh god... I am becoming a plant," she muttered out loud sarcastically. No, she was not dumb enough to think she had transformed into a sentient vegetable. She looked behind her, there was no tail or trail of vines just a younger woman's ass. She walked awkwardly in a circle, staring at her backside much like a dog chasing their tail for a pair of rotations. This all of course transpired when she thought nobody was looking. Not only did she nearly die but she became something else entirely and that fact was just now sinking in. She did not understand the enormity of the change, that she was not entirely human any longer.

She started paying attention to whatever was going on between Fuu Michi and Katsuo in time for him to recall the Cabal attacks. Her expression dropped, it was not a time she liked to think about. She had done some awful things during those days and shamefully she loved every second of it. There was a high involved with having such power. For being able to inflict whatever cruelty she could muster, it was utterly cathartic. She never apologized, not because she did not regret the things she had done because she did but because the word in and of itself did not exemplify the depth of her regret. She was angry and misguided and she was lashing out at people who had nothing to do with her pain because she could. Because she wanted someone to hurt and for someone to suffer for the injustices she felt and suffered. They were tangentially associated in a way or at least that was what she told herself, she really did not need much of an excuse as long as it permitted her to do what she did. She just let out a sigh.

Kaito was agitated, seething in fact. His carotid in his throat simply throbbed and his jaw was clenched tightly, this teeth grating. It required the full sum of his resolve to not reach out for Michi's throat. That arrogant... He let out a cough and a fine mist of blood sprayed from his open mouth hitting the back of a chair causing him to buckle slightly. He was used to it by now, he had had a tickle in this throat for years but for the last few weeks that tickle has been a weighted ache in the depth of his chest. "You are ridiculous," he muttered, his statement directed at Fuu.

"Baby...?" Naganisa approached Katsuo. She wanted to leave. She wanted to make sure that she never saw Michi again. Did she have a plan in particular for it, not not really. From her perspective she did not have to. In their short time together today she had enough street smarts to know that MIchi was going to get herself killed pretty dam quick. "Let's find someplace else to be," she attempted to lean into Katsuo awkwardly and reached for his hand. If she grabbed hold she would attempt to tug him gently in the direction of the door.

Kaito would grunt as he was assisted in his departure, his eyes never leaving Michi until they left the bar. Michi would remain unmoving, her face neutral as they made her departure.

[Naganisa Left -- Not willing to detach herself from Katsuo. She is going where he goes]

[Kaito Left -- Accepts Katsuo's assistance getting up, he is worn out. Will follow Katsuo until discharged]

Once the door slammed closed, Michi would seemingly deflate in the place she stood with a large exhale of air. She was breathing but she was counting her shallow breaths. Her hand braced her from falling as it held the edge of the table. That was harder than she expected and that was only the first step. She could feel her throat thicken and her lower lip quiver but she bit the fleshy lower lip between her teeth and closed her eyes tightly for a second. 'Get a grip.' That is what the laymen would always say. 'Get a grip.' A small stream of blood escaped from the corner of her mouth and her tongue tasted that metallic flavor as she took a pair of harsh breaths. She did it, that was all that mattered. Katsuo was right, she would be dead soon enough anyways so it was not going to matter if people remembered her fondly once she was gone.

[Michi Left -- Not following]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back