Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mercy or Cruelty?

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Every prince will want to be considered merciful, but mercy should not be mismanaged. Cesare Borgia, by being cruel, restored peace and order to the Romagna. No prince should mind being called cruel for keeping his subjects peaceful and loyal. Punishing a few, and thus averting disorder, is better than allowing troubles to develop that will hurt many. New rulers cannot avoid seeming cruel, because their states are insecure. Still, a prince should not be too rash or too fearful.... If you cannot be both loved and feared, then it is better to be feared than loved... People will break ties of love if it is to their advantage, but fear of punishment they will never transgress... Machiavelli's 'The Prince'
<i>
</i>

Kahako sighed. Her eyes a solemn forest green as she read both letters sitting before her. Penned by her own hand was what she believed as the better future for the Medical Branch. She did not enjoy the corner she was painted into. Often she wondered if she possibly painted it herself, or if the powers that be had better plans for the one she struck down.

The Medical Sennin reached out to the button that would call her receptionist. “I need two couriers,” she said simply.

It took Kahako months to decide on Junko’s punishment while he was travelling. Despite the rumors around Junko’s forced entry, Kahako’s decision of his punishment was non-existent in the grapevine. The Sennin chose it to be this way. Every move she made would be scrutinized. Every action questioned. She took great lengths in ensuring the peanut gallery wasn’t controlling her branch. But now she came to a conclusion, and she wrote a letter for him to have upon his return.
[spoilername="To Tsuyoshi Junko"]Tsuyoshi Junko,

While you have been gone, I have been accumulating the truth behind your forced entry. Many false claims were made against your person, and I have obtained evidence that provides a better understanding to what actually happened that day. However, what cannot be denied is that you forced entered the village without proper clearance. It was a security breach among the highest of levels, and while I know you had no ill intentions I do not condone your actions. No excuse is forgivable for this infraction.

As such, I will be issuing a punishment befitting your crime within my right as your acting Sennin. I will not strip you of your rank. You will retain your titles, your leadership over your current divisions, and your recognitions to our branch. Instead, I will take what I intended to give to you upon your return.

Effective immediately, I am naming Shinrya Kitsune as my Sesshou. The title I had every intention of giving to you until now.

I hope you will understand my decision and learn from this. It was not one I made lightly or with a good heart.

Sincerely,
Shinrya Kahako
Medical Sennin of Kumogakure[/spoilername]
The second letter was much shorter than the first. It was harsher than Kahako wanted it to be, but she needed it to be this way.
[spoilername="To Shinrya Kitsune"]Shinrya Kitsune,

Effective immediately, you are hereby given the title of Sesshou of the Medical Branch. While many will see this as a sign of favoritism towards our family, do not take my actions as such. I give this title to you because my true second is not yet ready. One day he will be, but that is not today. Whether or not it is during my reign remains to be seen, but he will eventually stake his claim at the head of this branch.

I tell you this with such brutal honesty so as to not sugar coat your position in this matter. While there are some within the village who have moved on from those many years ago, there are others who have not. Your task, as my Sesshou, is to have these nay-sayers either forgive you, or learn to begrudgingly respect you. Anything less is unacceptable.

I hold you dear to my heart, but I hold my duty to this village closer still. If at any moment I find you unworthy of your title—failing to serve the greater good and fulfilling your duty to our village—I will strip your title from you. Even if you are my mother.

Sincerely,
Shinrya Kahako
Medical Sennin of Kumogakure[/spoilername]

OOC said:
Topic Entered/Left unless either party wishes to RP this aftermath

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back