Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mirrors [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
~ Korinzu Uittoni ~
tumblr_n94ksd8giU1qz9v0to2_12802_zps5ef839d3.jpg

Endless distance, and I'm on the other side of the two way mirror. It's always the same. I'm looking through the mirror at you, and every living soul that passes by. For a few fleeting seconds, I desperately cling onto the moments when you glance my way, but in the end I know that you can't actually see me. I don't think anyone ever sees me. I'm half dead anyway, a living ghost caught in between the current lifetime and the next. The loneliest being in the world.

The world is weightless around me, phasing and shifting under my undetermined body. It takes all of my consciousness to hold onto this shred of the living. One thin line keeps me from drifting away. One purpose that I dare never tell you. Out of embarrassment, I hold my intent to my heart. But, its not like you'd hear me right? I'm on the other side of the mirror. I'm the looking glass. Welcome to my Wonderland.

The edges of reality blur for me. They have since I earned this curse. The man who walks behind you down the street might just be a faded memory, the smallest hold of consciousness that his spirit has left. Sometimes I get scared that you might not actually be here either, but then you do that thing. That quick flicker of your eyes towards mine, where I believe you can actually see me, and that's when I know you must be alive.

I don't say much as we sit at the snug corner table in the restaurant. The awful gaudy checkered flooring is a mesmerizing headache to me in the early morning, but I find my eyes drifting towards the patterns. Awkwardly counting the number of tiles in a row, I loose track of our small talk. Absent-mindedly my fingers clench around the cup of coffee on the table. The warmth sinks into my finger tips reminding me that I'm real, while my other hand lays limp on the table surface.

Your voice breaks my counting conquest. As always, when I look back at you, my eyes are a bit wider. Attentive to your voice, I'm always a little shock that you speak to me. The two way mirror is shattered, but the distance is still there. Ever since I inherited my grandmother's abilities for the otherworldly, I've become a little bit shaken by human contact. You're patient with me. Its an adjustment I'm still learning to deal with.

I'm not normally so alone, but today has gifted me with that state. I try my best to hide my feelings behind a blank face. The cocoon of glass encases me as I float through the inbetween, knowing that you'll never understand what its like. You often ask, but I'm never able to explain it to you. Its a mind numbing thing sometimes, like I'm being eaten away by static. A white noise is always crashing in my head, and sometimes its broken by a whisper in my ear or a scream in my head.

The dead who won't move on. I must have an aura to them, because they are always reaching for me. A cold shiver down my spine. A slight tug on my clothing. The tickling trail of static up my arms. But, that's not what's like to truly be caught in the inbetween. I don't have words for it. Just pictures or sensations that can't be described, but experienced. In that moment I see a light flicker past me, but ignore it largely. I'm too intent to stare at your face.

I watch your eyebrows knit together, your lips twitch as you speak to catch my attention again. I feel bad for putting you through my silence, but I can't think of anything else to do. If I speak, I might break. But, if I keep this up...

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ZAKKU_zps76c57a86.png
Once again, we were on the job. It was good that we were working as often as we were. More money means more investment, and a better investment meant a better retirement if we ever made it our of our twenties. But that wasn't on my mind; I had a frown on my face as I watched her do her thing. Her and her blank stare was somewhat discomforting, as if she might not come back. But then that moment when she returned always seemed to somehow bring forth a grin. My attention returned to her pale face constantly, waiting for her smile to appear. If there was anything that kept me motivated it was that...

"The hell is our food?" I mumbled to myself, looking about the diner for our waitress who hopefully was carrying a small tray of food. Unfortunately she was no where to be found so I went back to what I had been doing for the past few minutes, watching the cute little kunoichi in front of me. It happened often, the whole fading out between the realms. I often took time to try and play games with her while she was gone too. Today was a staring contest... or rather multiple because I was constantly looking for my food that was supposed to show up. However after a third loss, I took to balancing forks and knives on my cup until I realized our server coming.

Our food arrived while she was in her state of inbetween, as she had often called it, but my eyes were on the food for a few moments before they looked back up to her. She was currently here to sense something for our current job, but I was hear to fill my stomach with yummy grub! I took the syrup from the side of the table and began to pour it over my waffles before realizing that our waitress was watching Uittoni. "Is she all right?" she would ask. I nodded my head as I cut a piece of my food and placed it in my mouth. "Yea don't worry about it. She'll come down from the clouds eventually." I responded, my eyes looking into her blank stare as the waitress left. My smile remained as I eagerly ate up the waffles in front of me.

In time, I felt it necessary to get her attention focused back on reality and her food that was cooling. "Hey there white girl, come on back, your food is getting cold." I said with a cheery tone. My fingers gripped a piece of bacon and sloppily shoved it into my mouth. A wide smile stretched across my cheeks as the meat's flavor coated the inside of my mouth. It was quickly followed by some buttered toast before I finally stopped to pat my belly. Looking back at Uittoni, my left eye brow rose into the air and she could have probably guessed my question. "Feeling anything in particular?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
~ Korinzu Uittoni ~

Your voice echoed across the distance, skipping over the borders to pull me back in. You want me to solidify, but I'm not quite ready to come back. To be honest, I had been neglecting my search largely to watch you behind this thick mirror. You probably wouldn't think I'm strange for giving a dead stare into your eyes when I have the excuse of ghost realm in my hand. I noticed the waitress bring the food, it gives me a couple more minutes as you mow down.

That's when I go further into the afterlife. The room seems to grow dark, the corners of the room edge with gray matter and siphons all color from the world. The sun has gone. Anyone living in now a blurry outline. I listen for my sign, the spirit I'm called to connect with today. It's a simple task really. I've done far more dangerous and exciting things.

His wife hired us. A recently made widow who wouldn't accept the coroner's report, a suicide. She said he had absolutely no reason to take his life. He was a man who loved and cherished his life. Obviously the two made a strong couple, having survived years together. The cause of death was apparent self poisoning. He had chugged 3 gallons of bleach in the back of his business, the diner we sat it, after he closed the shop alone a week ago. The wife told me that they had been in trouble with some loan sharks recently. The business was slipping and they didn't have the payment for their “benefactor” this month.

She had been too afraid to tell the investigator that, but I'm more discreet. The team I form with Zakku often picks up private contracts and if we successfully close cases, the Torre office adds them on our mission roster. They don't seem to mind that we work out of the system as long as we eventually bring back a report. It seems to help a lot of people; those who are too scared to bring their problems to the Raikage or, with my certain abilities, are too embarrassed to admit their problems with creatures of the night.

I had to admit I was a bit disappointed that the investigator's office deemed it a suicide. A whole 3 gallons of bleach was excessive by anyone's standards. Someone most likely forced it down his throat. It was likely that the coroner had been paid off to keep quiet. Our first phase was to contact his soul, phase two was to hunt down the goons and bring them to justice. Phase two was always more of Zakku's specialty.

Under a moment's notice, the pressure I exerted on the realm had grabbed my target's attention. The floor rumbled under my feet as the building moaned. That strong urge to glance over my shoulder over came me. After a drawing silence, I heard it. Faint and weak, I heard a horrible gargling noise resonate from the kitchen. He was choking, weeping heavily as he sputtered and forced back what I assume was bleach.

"P-p-ugh... Argh, pleaseIdon'twanttodie.” He was begging, tears streaming down his face as his eyes lost sight. Blinded by the burning bleach. I felt my lungs tighten in my chest, filled with imaginary water. The pit of my stomach and my throat stung violently. I wanted to gasp for breath, hyper ventilate, something that allowed me to catch even the faintest bit of air, but I couldn't.

Then I jolted in my seat, thrown from the other side. I jerked forward, hitting my rib cage against the edge of the table. That kicked the need for air back into me. Inhaling deeply my lungs inflated, washing relief over my face. You had pulled me back with your teasing. You saved me from another episode without knowing it. I looked at you, frozen. Your big, dopey grin broke out wide. Always so happy to see me. And I'm always so happy to know you see me.

“What the fuck?” I glanced down at my plate of food, a look of disgust washing over me. “Ugh...That was really fucking bad. But, I definitely think we can pin this as a murder. Man, that was one strong residual memory he left...” Shyly I peered over my shoulder towards the kitchen door. When I turned back around, I realized how ridiculous I must of looked. My face transformed into a red mess as I grinned like a fool.

“Heh...Um, hello. Again.” Sheepishly I waved to you. Then, I leaned forward seriously. “Did I freak out a waitress again?” I whispered trying to keep a straight face.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ZAKKU_zps76c57a86.png

I jumped a little when her focus came rushing back into reality. But such a reaction was only humorous to me and it made my smile that much larger when your eyes met mine. Though your disgusted expression did elicit a sigh from my lips. This was a scene that happened every so often. She would disappear into her world only to come back without an appetite and my wallet a few dollars short on wasted food. I'm not cheap by any means, but money was money and I'd rather not waste when it was avoidable. "I should hold off on ordering next time..." I told myself, though you could safely assume that I would forget within the next two minutes.

But your news was good... well, bittersweet. The poor man was murdered, but we weren't chasing a dead end case like we sometimes have in the past, so that was nice. As her face turned a bright noticeably red, I couldn't restrain a grin at her embarrassment. Though, it wasn't her actions that made me smile, but the reaction of a deep blush. "Well hi there!" I replied happily, taking a drink from my glass of water. I just nodded my head in response to your question. "Kinda, but forget about it, I handled it." I continued and then scowled in thought for a moment.

"So it was a murder... huh, well we expected it to be. Some way to die that would be. Just awful..." I trailed, my thoughts going to you and what you must have witnessed in the inbetween. "Oh my poor girl! If I was set to you I'd give you a big hug... but I'm over here and way to lazy to move." I said in an honest tone, sticking my tongue out playfully. "If you want, I would be down for a little 'recovery' if you know what I'm saying." I added, with a sly smirk, eyebrows raising and lowering twice.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
~ Korinzu Uittoni ~

You're always such the kidder. Its so rare to your moments of seriousness, not that I mind it. Sometimes I get irritated with you, but in the end you have me smiling. I took my napkin, crumpling it into a ball, and chucked it at your face with a exasperated sigh. Rolling my eyes, I tried my hardest to fight my smile. Such an annoyance, I could never scold you as long as you kept me smiling. You've been a cheeky brat since I've met you, and you always knew how to get out of trouble. I wished so desperately to be like you. Full of life, with the sun shining on my face as I carried on without a care in the word.

I don't believe I'll ever be like that.

“Be serious. We are on a case right now.” I grunted, picking up my fork to push my food around aimlessly on the plate. The light in the diner grew brighter as I slowly adjusted to putting my foot back in this realm. In the back of my head, I heard the faintest trace of bleach pouring out onto the floor. The clattering of metal chattered away. It was hard to focus when such a strong spirit screamed for my permanent stay in his realm. A cold breeze raked down my back, like a hand desperately trying to jerk me towards them. An uneasy frown appeared on my face slowly, but I looked down hoping to hide it from you.

“So, what's our next step? Go find our loan shark? He's not just gonna openly confess he did it.” I leaned back in my seat, folding my arms. No. The word pushed to the fore of my thoughts. He must of still be pleading to bring me back, but I wasn't about to listen. There wasn't anything else he could give me. In that moment, the waitress came back to clear the table. She gave me a wary look, and I couldn't help but stare grimly at you. Just another person to add to the list of people who thought I was weird.

“Excuse me, miss?” She stopped from turning away towards the kitchen. “I was wondering if you might be able to tell me who it was that worked here last Thursday.”

“I did, the cook Isato, and one other girl. She's not here today though. Why is this about Mr. Imanari?” She leaned in, eyes going a bit wider. I looked to you once more, giving you a knowing glance.

“Did you see anyone suspicious hanging around before you got off?”

“Mmm...No. We were all let off pretty early though. Mr. Imanari closed at about 8pm and the diner don't usually close until midnight. We offered to help him lock up, but he seemed adamant about doing it himself. Next thing day we came in and found him dead. Back door was unlocked, but the front wasn't. Which is weird.”

“Why's that?”

“Well, Mr. Imanari always leaves out the front door. The alley isn't the safest at night. So, that should've been locked last. Besides, the back door is always locked. We only open it to take the trash out back, but Isato did that before he left. And I know for sure he locked it.”

“Did you all leave at the same time?”

“Yes.”

“Thanks for your help. If you remember anything else, could you please contact us?” I asked handing her a small card with our radio frequency. “We'll take our bill, thanks.” As soon as she was out of earshot, I leaned in toward you. “The report didn't say anything about the locks being busted or a forced entry, did it? Maybe we should pay his wife a visit again. Her husband might have been expecting their loan shark to pay a visit, maybe she can point us in the right direction to find them.”

It's risky, going directly into the den of a bunch of extortionists and killers, but if we played it right we might get the information we needed. There was something nagging at me though. Something about all of it that just wasn't fitting together. I couldn't really explain just what was wrong, but I got a gut feeling. And unfortunately, my gut was always right thanks to my power.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
oie_252059LQsPkHyk_zps5064e684.gif

Her response only conjured a silly face from me. I reached for a piece of her toast which I doubted she would eat and put a piece of it in my mouth. My eyes remained focused on you as my taste buds tingled with the taste of real butter. Ah real butter, how I love thee... though Uittoni's frown didn't escape my vision. I usually ended up smiling due to her mannerisms these days, and this frown was no different. Don't get me wrong, I don't find joy in her displeasure. Just everything she does it too darn cute!

Anyways, she's right. I needed to be serious. After my silly thoughts I put on my game face; which consisted of a goofy duck face and squinty eyes. "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." I trailed before shrugging my shoulders. "It wouldn't hurt to go find him and find out just what was going on." I agreed, but my love wasn't done with her investigation here just yet. There were interviews to conduct!

As the waitress began to speak, I began to take mental notes on the players within the arena. A couple more bites of toast and her testimony was over and I was beginning to get a sense of the picture. When you finished speaking I nodded my head and added my own thoughts into the mix. "Closing four hours early isn't normal either. I would bet that he was planning on meeting those guys here rather than at home. He let them in, they killed him and the front door remained unlocked. That's why there is no forced entry." I concluded standing up from my seat and pulling out my wallet. I walked over to the waitress go the check and handled the payment.

With you at my side we began to walk towards the residential area near the diner, they didn't live that far away.

oie_2519577WfIE0Vg_zps04f36af4.gif

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back