Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission, But Not Really [Open RP +1]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, the Aurora Eruditio - such a wonderfully majestic building. Shikyu just could not quite believe that this single building contain not only the dojos, training grounds, and classrooms, but also many offices of various teachers, lecturers, and professors, not to mention specialized facilities for so many other purposes.

Today, Shikyu was here to deliver an important report to one of the senior lecturers in the pagoda. Unfortunately, despite the instructions given by the reception, he had still not quite found his charge yet. Nara Hitachi, just where is your office? The report was apparently very important, and he needed to get it to a powerful mind as soon as he could... but the academy was so large and so maze-like that he just could not find the office.

Alrighty, time to get some much needed help.

With that, Shikyu began looking around, hoping to find someone who could help him. The particular corridor he was in was pretty busy, with students and adults alike rushing back and forth. Now, who would stop to help him?

OOC:
Looking for another player to join in to RP. For my character's description, please check out his profile in my signature.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Tch, coming here really drains me…” Mirō groaned to herself whilst approaching the academy. It had only been less than a day since she was back at the academy. Struggling to keep her eyes open a yawn stammered out of her mouth, raising her arms behind her head to get a nice wake-up stretch in before reaching the door. Pushing open the door with her shoulder golden eyes caught a glimpse of the hustle and bustle of students moving about. Heading out to train, talking to their friends, teachers vanishing into their rooms or offices. It was busy yet the settings seemed just right for a Monday morning. Expertly flipping and spinning a kunai with one hand she effortlessly moved through the halls. She had come back to the academy every morning to test her chakra control with a small device one of her teachers left her to use. A simple device that turned a lightbulb green if you could manage your chakra well. That and she had to be here during the night, might as well train and meditate the mind until then.

Flicking a kunai into the air golden eyes spotted an oranged haired male wandering around. Cocking a brow into the air she inspected him. Noticing a scar on his face too a soft hand rose to touch her own scar down her eye and cheek. His fashion seemed average unlike hers. Sporting a red off the shoulder dress and fishnets underneath with normal shinobi sandals at least her attire seemed unique. Looking him over the pieces that made him unique were the strange necklace and armless he wore. Perhaps a lost foreigner. What seemed strange was that he looked to be much older than the students around however he was lost, unlike the other teachers that meandered around. Not generally one to help others she was about to ignore the lost pup before her gut growled at her. ‘Airi helps everyone she meets. Follow in her footsteps’ arguing with herself she rolled her eyes letting out a sign of defeat.

Catching the kunai with a finger through the ring on her opposing hand without looking she approached the lost man with friendly intent. “Are… you lost? You look like you shouldn’t be.” Not the greatest at small talk and conversation it was already a foreign concept of her talking to others. “You don’t look like a student. Are you seeking out someone?” Twirling her kunai with one finger she patiently awaited an answer if he didn’t ghost her.

WC: 422​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Responding to being hailed, Shikyu turned towards Mirō and almost let loose an audible gasp. Luckily, Shikyu managed to catch himself before it was too late. This, was something that he had learnt over the short few months he had been here - the importance of etiquette. To a very quick eye though, his facial expressions would have betrayed his surprise for just those few parts of a second long enough that it would have been noticeable.

Shikyu was surprised not to see a small girl addressing him, but by her visual appearance... like Shikyu, the girl also had a scar, although hers seemed to tell of much more terrible a tragedy than his does. After all, being taller than Mirō, Shikyu could just see the cusp of her back just where her shoulder ended, and could just make out what might seemed like additional scars. It was a bit hard to tell.

"Er, yes actually." Shikyu replied to Mirō, almost immediately after the young girl asked him. "I am looking for a certain Nara Hitachi. I believe that he is a historian, and has an office somewhere on this level... or above. I am not sure, at all. I need to deliver this scroll to him." Shikyu explained, taking out a scroll from his Chuunin vest and showing it to Mirō. "Do you happen to know where he might be? I believe he is quite well-known here... maybe."

Welp, now here's just hoping Mirō happens to know exactly who he was referring to.

OOC:
Nara Hitachi is made up. You can just make up where he is and stuff or whatever. XD

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Her friendly expression remained on her face. Those devastating gold eyes watched as he turned around. Witnessing a curious tone from the stranger who probably was trying to identify who called out to him. Once he turned to face her she glanced at his facial features. A small scar on his cheek stood out the most to her. Though his scar was smaller it was the first thing she noticed… It was strange being on the other side when noticing something like that. Must’ve been why she caught his first reaction to seeing her face. The obvious weird features always caught the attention of others before everything else.

“Nara Hitachi?” Rising a well kept brow she dug through her brain to try to find any memory of that individual. The only thing sticking out was his name. “Nara? The ones who can use shadow jutsu through the use of yin release?” Her knowledge of that bloodline was limited. Reading about different clans in her spare time she had yet to finish the chapter of the Nara Clan. “I don’t know who that is unfortunately. But you’re on the wrong floor for searching.” The twirling of the kunai on her finger eventually stopped. Catching it by the handle she stuck the kunai into her pouch at her thigh. “Most teachers are on the second floor but seeing as he’s a historian he might not even be here.” Soft eyes drifted off to look at the stairwell further down the hall. “He might be in the bibliotheca. Though I can show you around.” Her tone changed to an even friendlier one. It was his choice to take her advice or not. “Your vest… aren’t those for high up ninja? How are you lost, you should’ve been here before.” Finally she figured him out. He was older and should’ve been to the academy before, unless he’s a village idiot or amnesiac. Glancing over at the scroll and the fact that he seemed to be in no hurry she decided to play detective. “What’s your name anyway? I’m Mirō Kagami.” Her expression of kindness on her face was just a facade. Continuing to be hesitant towards strangers, especially those who were older.

WC:368​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wow, that is definitely a lot of questions.

"Oh, my name is Monzaemon Marushijūkyū, but please call me Shikyu." His name would sound pretty odd to most people. Well, the 'Monzaemon' bit might be familiar to some, but definitely not weird. The 'Marushijūkyū' bit is pretty complicated - "maru" is quite a common suffix, but almost never a prefix for a name. Then... "shijūkyū" literally translates to "forty-nine", although his nickname literally just means "four-nine". Very odd for most people. "And yes, you are quite right. I am a higher level Shinobi. Chuunin-ranking, specifically. Unfortunately, I have never attended this academy. Or at least, I do not remember attending it. It's... a long story. Perhaps saved for another time. For now... Mirō is that right? If it is not too much trouble for you, would you mind taking me to the teachers' area anyways? I might just have a look there first if possible. Otherwise... I guess I will take you up on that tour."

Shikyu looked up from Mirō, into what seemed like a point far, far away into nothingness. Then, back at Mirō. "This place looks interesting... all the people, all the training, all the effort placed into their learning. I guess since I am having to learn everything from scratch, I feel... a certain sense of belonging here. I assume you... are an academy student? Is it truly a nice time you are having here at the academy?"

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
‘Monzaemon Marushijūkyū’ running his name in her head multiple times. Blown away by the complexity of his name it was a relief that he would rather be called Shikyu. Repeating his full name fluently would prove difficult, something she’d like to avoid if he was sensitive about the pronunciation. Mirō knew she was right. Shikyu wasn’t a village idiot but an amnesiac. It was strange observing someone who had lost all their memories before. Reminiscent of a big child whose emotions now seemed more innocent to her. Putting his knowledge to the test would be rude but who was she to have such upstanding morals in these times anyway. Refraining from poking fun or delving deeper into why he had forgotten his memories Mirō listened carefully to how he was speaking. His words seemed a little suspicious, as if trying to hard to remain normal.

“A Chuunin? And you have amnesia?” Surprised at his status, wondering if the Raikage and council just hand out the ranks within their village. Shrugging it off those pools of honey Mirō called eyes stared kindly into his own. “Sure. Let’s head upstairs then.” Noticing the noise throughout the academy had settled down since classes were beginning. All was quiet except for the huff ‘n puff of students nearly killing themselves to supersede their own expectations. Beckoning Shikyu to follow her towards the stairwell she heard his question. “Eh? Everyone so far has been kind. As for training, I don’t train for fun. I have something I need to fulfill…” Trailing her words her hands balled into a tight fist. Repressing her emotion to revive her pent up anger her fist relaxed back to normal. One foot after the other Mirō climbed to the second floor, hoping Shikyu was close behind. “The academy itself is nice I guess. Nothing else to compare it too really.” Reaching the top of the stairwell to the second floor strands of hair slipped past her vision as she looked left and right down each hallway. “I’ve never really explored this place either. I’m also kind of new but he should be around here somewhere.” Waiting for Shikyu to catch up her foot patiently tapped against the floorboards.

WC:368​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shikyu was absolutely oblivious to the connection that Mirō was implying when mentioning both his Shinobi rank and his amnesia. Mirō was right, Shikyu was pretty much a child mentally: mostly innocent in his thoughts still. This, was despite having already learnt much from mentors in the past few months after he had awoken from his coma. Reality is, without having actually experienced much of what he learnt, he would not have quite understood what the truth is really like.

Shikyu followed Mirō upstairs, listening to Mirō's musings carefully as they were posed. Shikyu was especially curious about what goal Mirō wanted to fulfill exactly. It sounded like she needed to get strong, and, if she said that it was not for 'fun', the only assumption was that it was for something beyond the general expectations of improving oneself or just to serve the village. No, it was something else, for sure. But what? Shikyu's curiosity caused him to completely miss Mirō's balling of her fists, and when his attention turned back towards her, she had loosened up again. Briefly came the reply to the next question he asked, regarding the academy. He suppose that was indeed true, that without a benchmark, it was hard to say how this place was like. What Mirō said really made him think about where he was in life. Sure, compared to the village that he recovered from, where everything was just medical devices, recovering patients, and rubble of what was once a village... Kumogakure was definitely a step up. But is the village, as a whole, where he wants to be? Is this place the best option for him?

Sendatsu, when Shikyu had recovered, had offered a number of alternatives. However, for most other patients Sendatsu was comfortable with letting them mostly decide for themselves. For Shikyu however, he recalled Sendatsu being quite invested in his suggestion that Shikyu would end up in Kumogakure. It does make sense though, given that he was one of those showing potential as a Shinobi. So, the interest kind of made sense.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Shikyu realized that he had fallen somewhat behind compared to Mirō. Quickly, Shikyu moved up the remaining flights of stairs to catch up to Mirō. Now, they were looking down various hallways, each of which contained many rooms. Hm... so where could Nara Hitachi be, if he was here? Let's think about this...

"Mirō, is there a specific section here for senior teachers, or those more specialized in research than teaching?" That, was the only idea he could think of. Failing that, they would have to walk down each hallway and check each individual room, and hope that the inhabitants' names would be on their respective doors.

OOC:
[MFT, WC: 457]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Roaming towards the center of the hallway, arms stretched above her head fingers interlacing on the back of her head. Soft eyes hid from the world momentarily while her body enjoyed the stretch. “The only research facility I know of is the one I trained in.” Reminiscing about the time of her earlier tutoring with her Sensei. The room they were in wasn’t a lab nor a huge open room or anything remotely special. “Hmm… This place is enormous and I’m having doubts that he’s even here.” Letting out a deep sigh Miro knew there was no other option except searching through the classrooms of the academy. Hoping someone would give them better directions or even knowledge of where to find this ‘Nara Hatachi.’

Before starting their journey on knocking on each door and annoying ever teacher within the building Miro slightly turned her body towards Shikyu. Holding her position lips parted “Something has been on my mind recently…” Gold orbs peered over towards Shikyu who finally made it to the top of the stairwell. “What’s in the scroll anyway? If we don’t find Hitachi-san… are there repercussions to not giving him the scroll?” Her curiosity would get the best of her in the future. Though having to run around the academy looking for this historian while having no idea what Shikyus’ true intentions were did not bode well in her mind. Her suspicion of people was backed by a life of slavery and cruel intentions. It was only normal for her to be suspicious of who she lets into her life. Poking and prodding her arms fell from her head to her side. “Just curious is all. If it’s top secret, then keep your secrets. Those only get me in more trouble than I need.”

WC: 296​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As much as Mirō was curious about his story, Shikyu was curious about hers. In a sense, their stories were similar... not in relation to the exact events that occurred in their lives, but that both were not the standard Shinobi stories that one might hear in the village. The difference mainly was that Shikyu was actually not aware of much of his own history, while Mirō mostly seemed like she was trying to hide hers. There were a lot of trailing offs, that left knowledge of what happened to her rather ambiguous. To others, the way Mirō trailed off after telling of her training in a research facility would have raised many questions, potentially in regards to whether she might have undergone some experiments of any sort. To Shikyu however, he was just curious, because he had no idea what training in a research facility actually meant.

Mirō's questions too... would have had others raising eyebrows. To Shikyu however, he was quite nonchalant and truthful about it all. "Hm..." Shikyu pondered in response to Mirō's enquiry about the scroll. He was truly thinking deeply about it. "I don't know actually, both in relation to what is the content of the scroll, and what repercussions there are for not giving Hitachi-san the scrolls." Shikyu finally elaborated, mimicking Mirō's use of 'Hitachi-san' rather than calling Hitachi by his full name, as Shikyu was accustomed to believing needs to be said. "I was simply told that it contained confidential information, and that it had to be delivered to Hitachi-san, unless something threatens my safety, or if it was made impossible for any other reason. As a Shinobi, I must simply obey my superior's orders, is that not correct?" Shikyu turned the question back on Mirō, waiting to see what her response would be.

More likely than not, she might become even more suspicious of him. Or she might not. It was just that people like him are rare, and for most people, it is far more likely that the way he was acting meant that he was hiding something, rather than being truly ignorant.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Following orders was something Mirō ultimately detested. Hammered into her mind if she did not obey her superiors orders swift and severe punishment was met. Forcing herself into compliance quickly when her beloved sister sacrificed herself in place of Mirō for her insubordination. However she did not mind following orders ever since she found a small purpose to continue fighting through the pain the haunted her from her past. Friendly elders, superiors even… friends, she would do anything for them now that she was goal oriented. As a kunoichi of Kumogakure Mirō felt it was the only respectable thing to do for the village that ‘saved’ her from a life of wandering nomad. For now anyway until she was liable to make her own decisions when she graduated to chuunin.

“That would be right I guess.” Playing dumb so to throw off his suspicious of her questioning him. Clearly the scroll had something confidential in it though it was unlikely that it would give her any insider information on what she was searching for. Shrugging off his question Mirō looked around her for any signs of teachers who’d fit the description of Hitachi-san. “Let’s just find his office.” Looking back towards Shikyu feet began to shuffle against the hardwood floors. The gentle sound of rubber squeaking against the floor echoed throughout the academy. Walking down a long hallway and turning a corner there appeared to be an office that seemed to be collecting dust. The area was still well lit however the vacancy told a much longer story. “Shikyu, look here.” With her thumb Mirō wiped away the dust on the steel nameplate that was bolted to the door. ‘Nara Hitachi.’ It read, wiping the dust off her thumb on the lower part of her dress. “Looks like he hasn’t been around much at all.” Keen sight noticed the subtle differences in dust accumulation on the door handle. Someone opening the door prior to them coming to visit. “It looks like he was here at one point.” Cupping her face Mirō peered through the window on the door, noticing an abundance of scrolls on the wooden desk in the front of the room. “Well, are we heading in or standing here? I’ll let you do the honors.” Moving away from the door Mirō pressed her back against the wall, folding her arms over her chest.

WC: 395​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was very lucky that Mirō and Shikyu managed to find the office of Nara Hitachi without too much hassle. The pair came up to the office, which seemed to have accumulated enough dust to make it look visibly unused by... anyone, at all. While Shikyu was busy staring blankly at the nameplate and wondering what to do next, Mirō had with her keen eyes noticed the differential amounts of dust between the door handle and the surrounding area, drawing Shikyu's attention towards it. Mirō moved on to try and spy something through the window to determine any residency at all, while Shikyu pondered the door handle. Yes, someone had been here... but given that dust has collected on the door handle again, whoever it was who was here most likely swung by lquite long ago as well.

"Alright then... I did receive instructions that if he was not in the office, and the office was accessible, I should just leave it on his desk. So let's go in then." Shikyu said as he beckoned the chilling Mirō back towards the office. By referring to themselves together when talking about heading in, Mirō had inadvertently caused Shikyu to completely forget that he did not actually need Mirō now that he had found Hitachi's office. Shikyu grabbed the door handle and turned it, pushing the door in.

As a weighted door, Shikyu could feel the force of the door clearly intent on closing itself. Not wanting to seem rude to Mirō, Shikyu glanced around and spotted a door-stopper lying on the ground. With his right foot, he wedged the door-stopper underneath the door, propping it open for Mirō to follow him in freely. Looking around, he noticed that indeed, the entire office seemed to have not been in use for a while now. Months, maybe? Where was Hitachi then, and why did Sendatsu assume Hitachi was in the office? Surely if Hitachi was away for so long, Sendatsu would know?

His mind still pondering his many questions, Shikyu walked closer towards the desk situated close to the back of the office, where piles of paperwork and scrolls could be found. Peering over it as he came close enough, Shikyu was relieved to not find a dead body lying there. Well then, at least Hitachi-san is not dead... not here, in his office. Why Shikyu even thought that was a possibility, he had no idea. The thought just crossed his mind, almost as if by déjà vu. As if it was totally expected that there would be a dead body sprawled across the desk. Odd.

Shikyu reached into his Chuunin vest and pulled out the scroll handed to him by Sendatsu. Finding an empty spot on the desk, Shikyu placed the scroll there, before finding an empty piece of parchment and writing a note for Hitachi, writing down the date and mentioning that the scroll was from Sendatsu.

Turning to Mirō, Shikyu offered her a smile. "Well, that's done. Thank you very much for helping me, I definitely would not have been able to traverse this place without you. You have been tremendous help, so please let me know how I can repay you. A meal, perhaps?" Shikyu offered, wondering if that was the right thing to do. As far as he could see, meals seemed to be the reward of choice for many Shinobi... is it the same for Mirō? Shikyu wouldn't know.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Propped up against the wall, her mind began to clear which in turn forced her to close her eyes. Relaxing for a short second before the obnoxious squeal of the door hinges rang through her eyes. Rolling her eyes behind her eyelids Miro opened one eye to peek on Shikyu opening the door. Cocking a fine brow into the air she thought the door would’ve been locked for sure. With all those scrolls piled onto the desk and the confidential one Shikyu had brought along it would’ve only made sense for top secret information to be locked safely away. Unless Hitachi-san was one of those care-free types of people. That would explain the stuffy conditions and the unclean office.

Watching Shikyu slide the door stop beneath the door her own curiosity piqued as he entered. Wanting to see up close and in person just how Hitachi-san left his office so disorganized. Upon further inspection the room remained dull. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except the bundle of scrolls on the best. Dust layered everything, keeping her hands to herself she awaited Shikyu. Never crossing her mind why she even wanted to wait for him anyway. Her side of the deal was done. Nevertheless once Shikyu turned around her attention fell back onto him.

Shikyu began to show her even more signs of kindness. Offering to repay her efforts with a meal she looked nearly dumb founded. A meal sounded better than just an ordinary thank you. However she was only offered food once in her life, and the one who did has a special place in her mind where she keeps such generosity. “Eh, it’d be rude to refuse.” A small smile crossed her lips, “Can we do it another time though?” She was being sincere. This whole fiasco was in the middle of her training regime. This intercepted her normal schedule, the day to day training was getting monotonous anyway. “Any other place than here would work. How about a few hours from now. Down at the ramen stop.” Gesturing with her thumb Miro pointed behind her towards the small shoppe down the horizon. “I have some personal training I needed to do today.” Lying through her teeth about training,her real intentions were to head to the bibliotheca. Finalizing her research on certain jutsu she had implanted in her mind.

Stretching her arms over her head they fell back to her sides. Waving her hand in her face to fan away all the dust she just forced airborne. “See ya Shikyu. See you in a few hours.” Wanting to hastily leave that stuffy room Miro waved kindly at Shikyu. Signalling her farewell she walked out the door. Disappearing down the hall towards the stairwell.

WC: 456
[Topic Left]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah yes, sure thing. I'll see you there and then!" Shikyu bidded adieu to Mirō as she left. With a few hours to spare, Shiyku began pondering what he was going to do next, as he looked around the office. There were quite a few items of interesting, including photos of what seemed to be bloodlines lying around.

Well... since he was already here... Shikyu quickly gave a look around to see if anyone was around, and, given that the entire section of this building was as empty as it was before Shikyu and Mirō arrived, Shikyu decided to take a closer look at some of the items... since when did he pick up such a sneaky habit?

After a while of sneaking around the office, Shikyu left...

OOC:
[Topic left.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back