Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Office [Pick-up/Drop-off Missions]

Arawe Zashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A small boy walked cautiously into the camp. His face was red and damp with tears, and his hands were stained with blood. One could easily surmise that this boy was not a hardened killer. No, not at all, just a tired and sad boy. He spoke quietly.

”I’m...” He sighed, wiping his face with his sleeve. ”I was told to come here for a reward for...” He closed his mouth and looked at the ground, reading a paper he had brought with him. ”For the elimination of.” He paused again, trying to keep himself from breaking down.

”I killed Yamada Nobuyuki, and I’m here for a rewa— for compensation, I. I mean.”

This made him sick, but he needed the money. Food doesn’t pay for itself, and an empty stomach was worse than food bought with questionable money.

”Thank you.”

The Boy Out of the Sand shuffled quietly away. He felt a little better after getting some closure. This was the end of it, at least he hoped.

[E-Rank Mission Link]
[Topic Entered and Left]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The elderly man looked at the young man with an air of concern. Kill? He is awful young to be a killer... A tragic reminder of the fate of the conscripted. The old man tsk'ed to himself as he dolled out the money and slid it over to the young man. His pale blue eyes looked into the boy or at least they tried as he gave the boy a word of caution. "Take care, protect your soul... you only get one of those."

Monies given.

Arawe Zashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sound of two laughing children could be heard as Zashi walked into the same place he had reported that grisly murder not long ago. But now, he looked different. He was smiling, talking with Sota, his target. Apparently, the two were getting along – Sota stood unrestrained, talking quite casually with Zashi.

Zashi walked up the old man with a reverant grin on his face.

”Sota is willing to cooperate with Sunagakure officials. No restraints were needed, but the mission is complete, so I expect compensation.”

Sota rolled his eyes, sitting on the ground. Zashi, with a wave goodbye, took his reward and began to leave.

”And hey, old man.” Zashi took a bit of a somber tone, bowing his head before walking away. ”Thanks for the advice.”

[E-Rank Mission Link]
[Topic Entered and Left]

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Naoki walked in with a net of four subdued dogs and an injured student beside her, who may need medical attention as she was just bitten by a dog. Who knows what it'd been eating, though as it was captured in the Sietch there was a high possibility of it not being infected with anything. "Here to turn in some dogs, Samejima Naoki and Tsukino Yumi!" She handed the assignment slip over to the old man at the desk, and held up the net of passed out and injured canines. "We got more than just a couple of 'em, so could we get a bit more yen mister?" she asked, general haggling skill from her days helping her mother out still being evident in her confident tone and calm demeanor. The sweet smile didn't hurt either, if she knew a thing or two about old people.

[D-Rank Mission Link]
[Bingo Book Entry Taken]
[Double WC mission rewards please, thank you~ Is it possible to get Yumi's rewards here? Otherwise I'll have that one post as well]
[Topic entered and left, unless stopped]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Given as he was neither a medic nor injured, Makoto figured he was the first one of the team to make it back to the mission 'office' he'd picked up the task from.

Scratch that. Given that he was conscious and intact...

You know what, nevermind. It was just a little amazing that he, as the 'squishiest' member of the mission, was the only one to walk out of it without serious harm. A few scrapes and bruises, yes, as well as a few fractal patterns from the blasts of lightning on his skin (thankfully not visibly), and that was...well, that was it. Externally, anyway; he really didn't want to have to perform any big flashy jutsu tricks or really do anything other than go sleep for a week.

Turned out he was the most prepared after all. Go figure.

The fact they'd succeeded was all over the city by now, of course. He'd had to slip past a rather large party at the gates when re-entering, and none of his teammates had been in much of a state to join it--although he wasn't sure if that would stop any of them, he rather felt it probably would. But, well. People would know they had succeeded.

And, given he was supposedly a mercenary, he ought to go cash in on that, even if it felt odd to be rewarded for doing a mission that he was technically doing as a part of a mission to find out about and help Sand. Still, since he had been helping genuinely, he oughtn't to feel guilty. Especially since this was, apparently, a Big Deal.

So he dragged himself over to the mission office before he headed off to the hotel to catch some much-needed sleep.

"Finished mission." He waved vaguely and hazily in the general direction of the surface. "Storm gone. People partying. I need sleep, so if you could please just...hurry up before I pass out so I can go back to my hotel room and pass out myself, that would be greatly appreciated."

Wow, he must've been tired. He was almost being nice.

[Mission Thread here; S-Rank. Will do stats in training.]
[Topic Entered/Left unless stopped, S-Rank 30 Min]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]One would think, considering she was a medic, that she would take care of the wound that went through her chest first. But, no, Nanami waved it off considering she wasn’t dying anytime soon. Making her way through a sea of people partying proved pitifully easy too, considering she had a pissed look on her face that could cow a Sandworm if one so much as got in her way and delayed her movement for more than a nanosecond.

When she got to the old man from before, it seemed that her fellow Mercenary had beaten her to the punch. And contrary to the nice doctor she had been thus far, she merely scowled, crossed her arms and tilted her head in Makoto’s direction. “What he said. Storm. Mission. Pay. Now.” She really needed that money, after all, to pay for a hotel so that she could get a decent shower. Up until the part where they had walked towards the storm, she had mostly been staying among the refugees in the Academy and in the hospital for free. But, she reckoned, some place good to snooze would be nice. “Nearest direction to the cheapest hotel too, if you don’t mind,” she added in a gruff manner.

Overall, the look on her face screamed: I’m done with the mercenary shit for today; pay up or else.
|</FONTFACE>[legend="[b]Out of Character Notes[/b]"]
  • Topic Entered and Topic Left

S-Rank pay: 10000 Yen and +40 Points to ASP
    Same mission link as Shiruko Makoto
[/legend]<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">[/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
3TLkbnf.png

It was a busy week dolling out rewards and compensation for jobs well-done. Puppies now napping on his head and his lap, a damaged wanted poster on the desk with the picture crossed off. And now finally two men, well one man and one woman here seeking compensation for their efforts destroying the maelstrom. The old man paused for a moment, news had not reached him as of yet. "I-It is over?" His eyed brightened, for a brief moment he looked like a young man. He chuckled under his breath. "Took these whipper snappers long enough," he added out loud to nobody in particular.

To the young man, to be an aspiring shinobi ANBU if he could scry into the future he just gave a curt nod. "I expect to see a lot of you."

The the young woman with the puppies. He was less happy about their drop off. all scruffy and whiny but fuzzy and cute, the ones that were not all limpy that is. Did they just raid a puppy pound? He was not even going to ask how they found so many and why they were delivered in a net. He accepted them and placed a box over the door to block their escape. Still too small to leap over a stumpy barrier. "Thank ye... I guess," he replied as he gave the young woman her purse.

Makoto, Nanami and company received generous compensation. Despite the fact that the old man was curious and questions were bubbling within him, he looked at the tired eyes of the mercenary pair and decided against it. "You are pretty well-off now by our standards, you could afford a pretty nice one if you want," the old man offered in response to Nanami's question about a cheap hotel. "If you want clean sheets, try the Wicker Wall. It is in Seitch Zensunna and it is a mid-priced hotel with a nice continental breakfast. If you would rather rough it: Brie is the place to go. Do not eat anything offered there and it may be more sanitary to sleep on the floor. It can be found in the Red Light District and they charge by the hour, but the prices are super-cheap."

Compensations Paid:
  • Takahashi Sousuke: 10,000 yen given and +40 ASP
    Masashi Katsuo: 10,000 yen given and +40 ASP
    Nanami: 10,000 yen given and +40 ASP
    Makoto: 10,000 yen given and +40 ASP
    Samejima: 4,000 yen given
    Tsukino Yumi: 4,000 yen given
    Arawe Zashi: 1,500 yen given

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hey ancient guy, I caught me a bad guy!" he said, walking into the room and slapping a photo down of Miya, from the bingo book, in chains and in the Asylum, with him in the foreground giving a victory sign with his fingers. It was a literal evidence selfie. She was at the window of the cell door behind him trying to bite his ear off. "Pay up, so I can go buy a bunch of gravy!" he said, as if it was a normal thing for people to buy a ton of. "I mean, the moat won't fill itself..."

[Mission Thread: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=701&t=44716]
[C-Rank Solo Mission: 2,500 Yen]
[Caught Miya, C-Rank Bingo Book Ninja]
[Do I get stats, I'm not sure?]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Stats in group missions, but you go get monies!

2500 yen given

"Who is the weird guy in the..." the old man's voice trailed off as he used his spectacles to look over the photograph. "Oh." The old man looked at the masked asylum escapee incredulously as he asked for a name. "And you areeee?" Then there was something about moats and gravies and the old man shook his head. Kids these days... Asylum escapees these days... there is some kid, perhaps man in red spandex running about. If he is missing, they will find him soon enough. The old man forked over the gravy money.

Akamaro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akamaro made his way to the mission office. He strolled in with Watanabe Mai in front of him. The girl was wrapped with a towel to cover herself and her hands tied behind her back with a clothesline. "I captured Watanabe Mai. She was streaking around Sietch Zensunna." Akamaro felt proud saying this. His first ever mission was complete. It might not have been infiltrating a crime ring or battling a powerful shinobi but he had done his part for Sunagakure. Just as Akamaro was about to hand the girl over she turned and smiled to the young boy. "You're sure you don't just want to set me free? You were great with those water techniques, they helped keep me nice and cool!" Again Akamaro's face became bright red. As he blushed he handed Mai over. Flustered Akamaro tried to speak. "I... um... here... well... here she is!" Quickly Akamaro turned around and headed out of the office before he embarrassed himself anymore. As a maturing boy Akamaro really shouldn't be chasing naked girls around the city...

[Caught Watanabe Mai]
[Mission Thread: Catching Mai]
[E-Rank Solo Mission Complete: 1,500 Yen (First Weekly Solo Mission)]
[Topic Left]

[P.S. There are two E-Rank Bingo Book entries that are still up but have been completed. One is dead while I suppose the other could be released?
Sota was captured by Arawe Zashi here.
Yamada Nobuyuki was killed by Arawe Zashi here.
Just a heads up because these are the only 2 missions that are non-repeatable for us E-Ranks.]

Akamaro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Bloodied and scratched Akamaro stumbled into the office. The cat had quieted down and was no longer hissing. Anyone looking at Akamaro could see defeat all over him. His face had been scratched multiple times, his shirt was torn with marks on his chest, and dried blood was obvious running down his arms. "I caught one of the Yeowler Cats..." Akamaros voice had no sign of achievement or victory. This was the voice of someone who barely succeeded his mission. As he held out the sack to hand over the cat Akamaro watched in horror as claws tore through the side. It wasn't enough for the cat to fit through but it was enough for the creatures arm. With yet another swipe Akamaro received another deep gash on his arm. More blood dripped down from the boys arm and he simply let go of the bag holding the cat letting it fall to the floor. "I'm done! Here's the cat! No more!" Gripping his new wound Akamaro turned and left the office. This was an E-Rank mission!? I'm lucky my eyes weren't clawed out!<i></i>

[Caught One Yeowler Cat]
[Mission Thread: The Devils Pet]
[E-Rank Solo Mission Complete: 750 Yen (Second Weekly Solo Mission)]
[Topic Left]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Makoto stormed up to the mission office, still bleeding profusely from one arm, his forehead, and the back of his neck, and deposited one tied-up cat in front of the man. He'd stopped off for rope on the way over, as frankly he didn't want the thing to tear through another jacket of his; he'd already be hard-pressed to repair the first one with clan repair seals.

"This is not what a cat should be," he said bluntly. "This is a small demon, besmirching the good name of cats everywhere. I don't even really care that it's not much of a bounty; these things need to be taken off the streets before they kill us all."

After getting paid he would storm right off after, applying medical jutsu to himself. Like hell was he going to find a medic, any medic, over a cat. He certainly didn't want to tell anyone a small fluffy animal had roughed him up worse than the storm god had.

[Caught 1x Yeowler Cat; E-Rank bounty]
[Thread here.]
[Topic Left]

Akamaro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akamaro hopped into the mission office. No really... he had to hop. The Stranglevine had cut into his right leg and also his left arm. As the boy hobbled into the office his non-responsive arm flailed about. Taking his bag he put it down and opened it with his good hand to reveal the flowers he had picked. "Here... Midnight Bloom. As requested. I hope the Medics make good use of this..." The boy looked to his arm and leg. "It ended up causing me some trouble to get." Turning around Akamaro resumed his hopping and headed home. He needed to spend some time just relaxing until this minor paralysis wore off. If Akamaro's E-Rank missions were always going this way then just what would A-Rank missions be like? He didn't want to think about it. He just hopped on home.

[Collected Midnight Bloom]
[Mission Thread: Journey Into The Caverns]
[E-Rank Solo Mission Complete: 1500 Yen (First Weekly Solo Mission)]
[Topic Left]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Some catch-up here.

[Caught Watanabe Mai]
[Mission Thread: Catching Mai]
[E-Rank Solo Mission Complete: 1,500 Yen (First Weekly Solo Mission)]

"You again," the old man eyed the young woman. She was blushing but she did not say anything. "This would be the second time this month," he commented. The man could not remember what he had for breakfast but he sure could remember a cute girl. He might have been old but he was not dead. He let out a sigh as pointed her over to the vacant chair to sit. "Wait there while I call your parents," the old man ordered as he pressed the button on his headset. "Hello? ... yes, it is Mai ... uh ... some youngster ... nope, she is here. Tired up but no worse for the wear. " The old man sighed "and I think she may have gotten herself a little boyfriend ... yeah ... se you in ten."

Most men would pay to catch a naked girl running through the city, well this was not most cities. The old man slid over a small sum of yen for the young man's troubles. "Thanks son."

[Caught One Yeowler Cat]
[Mission Thread: The Devils Pet]
[E-Rank Solo Mission Complete: 750 Yen (Second Weekly Solo Mission)]

The young man looked like he had just returned from a war. Bloodied and in tattered rags. The old man's spectacles lowered to the bridge of his nose as he looked the young boy over. "Are you OK son?" He asked, preparinf to call for a medical team. The cat ripped through the bag, frenzied claws scratched at its captor as it fought for freedom. Or rather, it assaulted its abductor and then the poor, sad old man who did nothing wrong. With a glint in its eye, the cat made a flying leap for the old man.

"OH GOD!" The old man screamed as he flung the money at the young fleeing man. All Akamaro would hear is the yowling of the enraged feline and the frantic call for an ANBU Team to rescue him that was made immediately thereafter.

[Caught 1x Yeowler Cat; E-Rank bounty]
[Thread here.]
[Topic Left][/color]

Covered in bandages from a recent demon-beast assault. The demon being 5.5 pounds of furry terror, the old man sat behind his desk counting his yen allocated for payment. He had lost a pint of blood in that assault before that cat was apprehended by a team of ANBU. Enter a man, injured and with him... a cat. A horrible, hideous beast. The old man stood up from his chair and with a shaking hand he pointed at the small cage in the corner of his room. "P-put it in there," he stammered, his eyes wide with fear. "He-re, t-take the money and g-go!" The old man pleaded as he threw money across the desk at the mercenary.

[Collected Midnight Bloom]
[Mission Thread: Journey Into The Caverns]
[E-Rank Solo Mission Complete: 1500 Yen (First Weekly Solo Mission)]

The old man recognized the face of the young man who entered his tent. He was still nursing wounds from his last mission. He gripped the arms of his chair in preparation as he lt out a sigh of relief as the young man displayed a harmless... flow. "Oh thank Suna," the old man exhaled as he accepted the flower and granted the young man payment.

Arawe Zashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Hey, I’m back!” Arawe Zashi returned to the camp, documents in hand with a signature from his supervisor. His cheeks and forehead were notably sunburnt, since his skin had adjusted to the lack of light in the underground city. Ergo, his excursion to the surface left him with pink spots on his otherwise dark face, which was proof enough that he had completed his mission. Though he had begun at night, he didn’t finish until high noon, which was enough time for the sun to do the boy a bit of damage.

”Just finished building a house on the surface, sir, and I’m here for my compensation! I think it’s a D-Rank...” He set the documents down in front of the man, turning them his direction so he could see the signature.

”No criminals this time, just building houses in Project Rebirth. Ku Sokuga was with me too, as my supervisor, so he signed this and everything. I think this is all you’ll need.” This was the first mission where Zashi didn’t have to arrest (or kill) a criminal. It felt nice, not having to deal with anybody, save for Sokuga, but while unpleasant, that wasn’t too terrible. Despite this being self-assigned and, supposedly, for the benefit of his fellow villagers, the boy’s main goal was to fill out his missions completed list. He needed the brownie points, after all, what with being an aspiring Anbu. That, and he was trying to look good so he could apply for a passport. He had some business that needed to be taken care of outside of Sunagakure – and there was no time like the present to prepare.

”Thanks again, sir, I’ll see you around!”

[Refugees Mission Completed]
[Mission Thread]
[D-Rank, First Weekly Mission, 2,000 Yen]
[Topic Entered and Left]
[Marked for Training]
[WC: 282]

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nervously shuffling up towards the camp were a pair of vagrants, whom both seemed to be the type that would've been homeless even prior to the Cabal's attacks. They felt out of place and it showed with the hesitancy in their movements, with one pushing the other forward but still following closely behind. They were essentially what you called a Hobo, but some people took offense to that term. Homeless wouldn't have been accurate enough though, since it covered so many people from Sand at that point.

The Shinobi that did happen to be around gave them odd looks, and at least one of them covered their nose. As the pair of scraggly bearded men made their way towards the proper authorities, they'd report finding the body of a girl with half of her skull and face caved in. They'd been looking for an abandoned place to sleep, and were mortified by their discovery. However; one of them did recognize the girl's face from wanted posters he'd seen some time ago. Rather than move anything, with the exception of rummaging through her pockets, they felt it was something Shinobi should deal with. They didn't know much about what went down, but they knew people would want to know that Ikuko was no longer among the living. How odd.

[Takehiko Ikuko, slain.]
[Mission Thread: Don't Bet On Love, Loser [Solo Mission]]
[E-Rank, Double Word Requirement Bonus. 2,250 Yen. Forfeiting ability to perform another mission this week.]
[Topic Entered and Left, though I suppose "Makeinu" was never really here.]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Refugees Mission Completed]
[Mission Thread]

"You've been a busy one," the old man commented. It seemed like whatever they were doing up there, they were progressing fast. He slid over a small pile of yen. It was not much, but to a youngster such as him it was likely a fortune. After the young man departed, a partly toothless grin emerged across the old man's face. "Kids these days... such much energy," he mused longing for his youth. He was not quite as much as a do-gooder or a go-getter as some of these kids and mercenaries. They impressed him with their dedication and good deeds, better people than he was.

[Takehiko Ikuko, slain.]
[Mission Thread: Don't Bet On Love, Loser [Solo Mission]]
[E-Rank, Double Word Requirement Bonus. 2,250 Yen. Forfeiting ability to perform another mission this week.]

'Do gooder vagrants' -- that was a new one. The old man furrowed his bushy white brow at the unusual scene and held his breath the best he could. Once they got the story out, hopefully quicker than most he would shoo them off, giving them a small sum for their information. Once they left, the old man let out a series of hacking coughs and took a deep breath of air. He was getting too old for this shit.
Monies given.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Delivery Supplies.]
[Mission Thread: The Monotony [Solo Mission]]
[Topic Entered and Left, though I suppose "Makeinu" was never really here.]

The old man counted out the yen necessary for yet another mission complete and well-done. "Boy, these kids are really cleaning things up," he commented to himself as he crossed another task off the master list.

Arawe Zashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Yo, just cleared those protestors out of Project Rebirth. No deaths, one injured, he’s already getting medical attention.” Zashi pulled out a small stack of documents out of a bag tied around his hip and set them down. ”A few others were involved, but I think all they want is tax breaks or whatever. I dunno. The information’s enclosed.”

He waved nonchalantly at the old man, giving him a smile before collecting his compensation and leaving. ”Keep up the good work. We’d be nowhere without someone to organize all this, y’know?” And with that, he left. His documents, if examined, would show the makings of a bureaucrat. Everything was organized, alphabetized, and bound properly. He had to be a bit showy if he wanted people to know he was capable. And that was something he needed. He had his eyes on a certain mission, and he wanted everyone to know he was capable of handling it.

That, and he kind of liked organizing things. Luckily, there was no way this love for organization and official procedure could become something slightly more sinister in the future.

[Equality! Mission Complete]
[Mission Thread]
[Topic Entered and Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back